8.1

1. May 24, 2011
    Rarely in a trilogy does each movie improve on it's predacessor however in this case its a case of saving the best until last! The Bourne Identity and Supremacy where amazing but Ultimatum blows them out them water. It raises the bar and set's the standards for all spy, espionage, federal agent franchises - whatever you want to call them the likes of Bond, Bauer and McClane all have some serious work to do. This film picks up from the previous outing with Bourne escaping the authorities and on the run however he inadvertently becomes the target of Operation Blackbriar - a Treadstone upgrade whilst working with a London based journalist. Information from the reporter brings back new sets of memories for Bourne as he finally intends upon finding out about his dark past and who he truely is whilst evading a new ruthless breed of assassin leading to a phenominal finale in the final installment of a tremednous trilogy! This film has everything action from start to finish, superb suspense and a real thriller once more showcasing just how good a recipe it is with Paul Greengrass directing and Matt Damon in awesome form as Jason Bourne. Expand
  2. Aug 6, 2012
    The best movie of the series to date, but rarely I have seen a movie better than the original. A good cast, plot and good action scenes make it one of the best action & adventure movies ever. I thought this movie actually would end the Bourne series, but it didn't.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    I have seen this movie many times and I have to say that when it comes to an action movie this never lets up.I couldn't even go to the bathroom in the movie theater because there was no moments in this movie where it gives you a break.If I'm going to review this movie correctly then THIS movie is the "God of war" of movies,awesome!!
  4. Oct 4, 2010
    It is rarely the case that the third film in trilogies turns out to be the stand out film in the series, but this is the case for the 'Bourne Ultimatum'. There are constant thrills and fantastic action sequences. The acting is top class and the storyline is very cleverly written. This is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat and thoroughly deserves its 3 Oscars.
  5. Jan 22, 2011
    My friend gave me the box-set of the trilogy a few weeks ago, and to be honest, i don't want to give them back. The film is well made, clever, great performances all round (especially from Damon) and blows any James Bond film of the last 10 years out the water. The best thrillers I have ever seen.
  6. CRL
    Sep 10, 2011
    The Bourne Ultimatum is a stylish, impeccably acted, well-written masterpiece of a thriller. From beginning to end there is never a dull moment, mixing thrilling chases, clever escapes, and more story than usually exists in ten thrillers into two hours of excellence. The plot is intricate yet believable, and one of the best I've seen. I particularly loved how it incorporated so many elements of its predecessors, my favorite being Jason's final quote; a reference to what I remember as being one of Identity's finest moments. I personally like the cinematography; it fits the film. Matt Damon is once again amazing in his role, as well as the rest of the returning cast from the first two and the new characters. And it wraps up in style, with a brief cliffhanger and one of the best movie themes I've ever heard. Expand
  7. May 14, 2012
    Awesome So good, Amazing, sweet as bro this movie was great the best one in the trilogy for sure the best action spy thriller ever
  8. Sep 7, 2011
    The rating slider appears to be broken, it won't go above ten. This is my second favorite movie ever. Nonstop action. Political intrigue. Jason bourne is a bada** throughout, but not in the over-the-top kung-fu movie kind of way. If you liked the first 2 movies you'll love this one. If you didn't like the first two, then you may want to see a psychologist ;).
  9. Aug 29, 2012
    Another fantastic thrilling action film. All the things that made the previous two great come together and feel more cinematic and high-profile. I would highly recommend it even if you haven't seen the previous two. Great pace, action and story all the way.
  10. Aug 14, 2012
    The Bourne Ultimatum is a great action movie, no doubt about it. Matt Damon as Jason Bourne delivers and action-packed conclusion to the Bourne series that is hard to forget. The plot is fast-paced and keeps you interested all the way through till the end, the action makes you go "Whoa! That was awesome!" and the acting is just plain good. I have been a fan of the Bourne films but Ultimatum is to me the best one and a great way to end the Bourne films. My only problem with the movie is that it goes on for too long at over 3 hours and it can get kind of boring at times but the action and story still make up for it and length is not a big problem at all. Overall The Bourne Ultimatum is an amazing movie that I would highly reccomend watching, yes it is long but the action, story, and acting will keep you enthralled till the end. Score: 8.5 out of 10. Expand
  11. Nov 19, 2011
    It's safe to say that Jason Bourne is this generation's James Bond, only with better fighting.
    This film is a fast-paced, satisfying ending to a groundbreaking spy series of the 2000s. Filled with unexpected twists and Bourne's clever planning, the Bourne Ultimatum keeps the viewer on the edge of the seat during the whole movie.
    The Moby Extreme Ways ending song is just perfect for this movie.
  12. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.75 out of 10. Almost perfect. Acting is great. Everyone performed greatly. Music and score is really good. Story continues with great action scenes. There so amazing. Well crafted. Overall, this is a great film. Blows first 2 out of the water. This film is great, and is highly recommended.
  13. Jan 23, 2013
    The best Bourne movie in my opinion. The Bourne Ultimatum ties all the movies together beautifully, and the action and script are both strong once again.
  14. Aug 13, 2012
    Quickly transitioning from foot chase to car chase to fire fight to hand to hand combat, moving as briskly as Jason Bourne walks, Bourne Ultimatum never slows down but never skims over character development and concludes one of the best action trilogies of all time.
  15. Mar 22, 2013
    The Bourne Ultimatum is easily the best of the three films and arguably the greatestt action film ever with its breakneck pace and incredible camerawork.
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    "The Bourne Ultimatum" is director Paul Greengrass' final installment of the Bourne franchise. The film stars Matt Damon and starts up where the previous film ("The Bourne Supremacy") left off. To start off, "Ultimatum" had big shoes to fill - "Identity" set the proverbial bar for the franchise and "Supremacy" raised this bar. Does "Ultimatum" live up to the expectations that it was assigned? In short. . .yeah. . .yeah it does. "Ultimatum" is an expertly crafted film that takes every facet of the first two films and elevates them to an exponential degree. I honestly did not believe the claim that these movies got better with each installment. But, hey, seeing is believing I guess. Just when I thought that Matt Damon's portrayal of Bourne was multifaceted enough, he adds more complicated and compelling layers to this character in "Ultimatum" - I mean, layers upon layers of Bourne are presented throughout this film. If you thought that you had gained a strong emotional attachment to Bourne via the first two movies, well see the third because Damon just blasts expectations with this performance. This performance and the overall film as a whole, is built up by the brilliantly written screenplay by Tony Gilroy. This script is the fulcrum of the film. It's brisk dialogue and precious I-Can't-Believe-That-Just-Happened moments make the film that much more amusing as a whole. One of my favorite aspects of the entire Bourne franchise is the score. Whether it's John Powell's fast-paced music or Moby's stylish trademark song "Extreme Ways", the recurring musical elements really help to embed the film into the audience's head. Paul Greengrass' impressive direction is once again a masterstroke aspect of this film's massive appeal. I would say that, in the end, "The Bourne Ultimatum" surpassed my expectations and lifted the franchise to unfathomable heights. Expand
  17. Aug 7, 2013
    wowwww this movie was one of the best action movies ever and all this series
    was on of the 5 best trilogi ever!!!!!!!!!!!
    This was the best bourne movie from the three movies.
  18. Sep 19, 2013
    The final Bourne movie in the trilogy kicks ass! It is even more gripping and thrilling than the second one, and possibly even better than the first. I have watched it probably a dozen times, and it still feels new and fresh to me. That is the mark of a great movie.
  19. Oct 12, 2013
    A brainless action movie directed and acted EXTREMELY well. This movie is almost perfect and it is one of those movies that will be talked about twenty years from now.
  20. Feb 3, 2014
    the best film of the series. the story goes up every second of this film.
    maybe I can say the bourne series are the best films of Matt Damon.
    the story is usual but the telling of the story is unusual.
  21. Dec 14, 2013
    The Bourne Ultimatum concludes the Bourne trilogy in style, with sharper camerawork, interesting characters, great action sequences, and Paul Greengrass at his finest.

1. Audiences will eat it up: This is a postmillennial spy-action movie pitched to a large international audience. You hardly need subtitles.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A pounding, pulsating thriller that provides an almost constant adrenaline surge for nearly two hours.
    You come out of the movie both excited and soothed, as if your body had been worked on by felt-covered drumsticks.