7.7

1. Dec 14, 2013
    The Bourne Ultimatum concludes the Bourne trilogy in style, with sharper camerawork, interesting characters, great action sequences, and Paul Greengrass at his finest.
  2. May 24, 2011
    Rarely in a trilogy does each movie improve on it's predacessor however in this case its a case of saving the best until last! The Bourne Identity and Supremacy where amazing but Ultimatum blows them out them water. It raises the bar and set's the standards for all spy, espionage, federal agent franchises - whatever you want to call them the likes of Bond, Bauer and McClane all have someRarely in a trilogy does each movie improve on it's predacessor however in this case its a case of saving the best until last! The Bourne Identity and Supremacy where amazing but Ultimatum blows them out them water. It raises the bar and set's the standards for all spy, espionage, federal agent franchises - whatever you want to call them the likes of Bond, Bauer and McClane all have some serious work to do. This film picks up from the previous outing with Bourne escaping the authorities and on the run however he inadvertently becomes the target of Operation Blackbriar - a Treadstone upgrade whilst working with a London based journalist. Information from the reporter brings back new sets of memories for Bourne as he finally intends upon finding out about his dark past and who he truely is whilst evading a new ruthless breed of assassin leading to a phenominal finale in the final installment of a tremednous trilogy! This film has everything action from start to finish, superb suspense and a real thriller once more showcasing just how good a recipe it is with Paul Greengrass directing and Matt Damon in awesome form as Jason Bourne. Expand
  3. Oct 4, 2010
    It is rarely the case that the third film in trilogies turns out to be the stand out film in the series, but this is the case for the 'Bourne Ultimatum'. There are constant thrills and fantastic action sequences. The acting is top class and the storyline is very cleverly written. This is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat and thoroughly deserves its 3 Oscars.
  4. Aug 29, 2012
    Another fantastic thrilling action film. All the things that made the previous two great come together and feel more cinematic and high-profile. I would highly recommend it even if you haven't seen the previous two. Great pace, action and story all the way.
  5. Nov 19, 2011
    It's safe to say that Jason Bourne is this generation's James Bond, only with better fighting.
    This film is a fast-paced, satisfying ending to a groundbreaking spy series of the 2000s. Filled with unexpected twists and Bourne's clever planning, the Bourne Ultimatum keeps the viewer on the edge of the seat during the whole movie.
    The Moby Extreme Ways ending song is just perfect for this movie.
  6. Mar 22, 2013
    The Bourne Ultimatum is easily the best of the three films and arguably the greatestt action film ever with its breakneck pace and incredible camerawork.
  7. TomS.
    Aug 8, 2007
    This was, quite simply, one of the most exciting movies I've ever seen. A virtuoso display of shooting and editing. Amazing. As for you people who found it headache-inducing, maybe you should stay home and watch Merchant-Ivory costume pics.
  8. RyanneV.
    Sep 6, 2007
    So action pact thrilling and insightful must see!
  9. SergeR
    May 6, 2009
    How anybody can give it less than ")" is beyond. You ask for logic and realism ín an action movie? Come on. The scene in the London railroad station just blew me away. So did the scene over the rooftops of Tanger. This is first class and has never been shown better, period. Who cares for logic, the whole James Bond series would have been produced!
  10. DustinM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This film sets the standard for action films in the 21st century. Damon's minimalist style coupled with director Greengrass's au naturale style are a virtuoso combination. The Bourne Ultimatum (and the Bourne series for that matter) is to the current Bond franchise what Batman Begins is to the old Batman franchise (Batman, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, etc.). There is a This film sets the standard for action films in the 21st century. Damon's minimalist style coupled with director Greengrass's au naturale style are a virtuoso combination. The Bourne Ultimatum (and the Bourne series for that matter) is to the current Bond franchise what Batman Begins is to the old Batman franchise (Batman, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, etc.). There is a clear difference in the quality, believability and style between them. It is refreshing to watch this film both because film-goers can now expect more from action films, and because (hopefully) lesser type action films will become less common because Ultimatum has raised the bar. A professional reviewer commented that after this final Bourne film, no other Bourne films should be made for two reasons-- 1) because Ludlum wrote only three books in the series, and 2) because inferior sequels shouldn't serve to denigrate the excellent job Ultimatum did to end the series. Prior to watching the film I agreed with this because I thoroughly respect and enjoy Ludlum's work (the initial reason I came to watch the first and subsequent Bourne films). But after watching Ultimatum, I must confess I've changed my mind simply because it would be a sizable loss for film-goers and film-makers alike if we all cannot see many more superbly made films such as Ultimatum. Expand
  11. AcronA.
    Oct 6, 2007
    This film, although highly praised, still managed to come out under-rated. Its not often that an action flick is elevated to art. What makes the Bourne Ultimatum so special is that it does it effortlessly. Nahhhh Strike all the above... I JUST LOVE THIS FILM!!!
  12. PaulKane
    Aug 10, 2007
    The same manic handheld camerawork that was prevelant in supremacy reigns here, but for some reason it works better or maybe i've succumbed? The "where it all began" flashback sequence that popped up throughout the whole movie should have been condensed. That aside, this is a good action thriller worth seeing at some point.
  13. JamesH.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Good ending for the trilogy! Some parts are not logical, but, hey, it's just a movie, compared with other crappy action films, Jason Bourne rcoks!
  14. MarkM.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Engrossing and satisfying despite some implausible moments that scoff at the laws of physics. If you liked the first two, you'll like this one. The way the final scene of "Supremacy" is woven into this movie is ingenious.
  15. ROBERTM.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Excellent story, non-stop action. Sets the Gold Standard for action, suspense thrillers. Superb cast, direction, camera work. I remember taking a breath at the start of the movie and another one an hour and fifty five minutes later when it ended.
  16. ConnorH.
    Aug 30, 2007
    I don't see how people didn't like this movie. It was suspenseful, action packed, and sometimes even funny. Best action movie of the year.
  17. JoshuaN
    Aug 3, 2007
    Action packed till the end. Definitely the best out of the three. Go see it, just for the sake that its one of the best movies of the year.
  18. MartyY.
    Aug 4, 2007
    I had to sit in the far back rows as I am prone to motion sickness and director Paul Greengrass' camera is prone to motion. But the story, direction and acting are all top notch. Matt Damon is a total badass and Julia Stiles is surprisingly great. There are a couple of clunky lines here and there; luckily Matt Damon is terse throughout. Brilliant intertwining of the previous films I had to sit in the far back rows as I am prone to motion sickness and director Paul Greengrass' camera is prone to motion. But the story, direction and acting are all top notch. Matt Damon is a total badass and Julia Stiles is surprisingly great. There are a couple of clunky lines here and there; luckily Matt Damon is terse throughout. Brilliant intertwining of the previous films and taut, dizzying action make this film one of the summer's best. Expand
  19. OthoS.
    Aug 4, 2007
    The only reason I am not giving this exciting film a 10 is that it is confusing at spots, particulalry when it tries to fill in the neophytes on what has happened in the previous two films in the franchise. Let 'em go back and rent the other two. It's like picking up the third Harry Potter book and expecting to know what's going on. I was especially confused by the reprise The only reason I am not giving this exciting film a 10 is that it is confusing at spots, particulalry when it tries to fill in the neophytes on what has happened in the previous two films in the franchise. Let 'em go back and rent the other two. It's like picking up the third Harry Potter book and expecting to know what's going on. I was especially confused by the reprise of the end of the SUPREMACY just before the climax of the ULTIMATUM, i.e. the "You should get some sleep, Pam, you look tired" conversation. Can anyone explain why that scene was repeated? Expand
  20. GeneC.
    Aug 4, 2007
    This is another great Bourne film. Lots of twists & turns, thinking and rethinking, and success is always determined by his smarts, aggressiveness, action and luck. The main character is not arrogant, but gritty, outnumbered and barely surviving. I think we all see ourselves like this in some ways. Love this series.
  21. ZachZ.
    Aug 5, 2007
    The best Borne movie to date! You will not be disappointed!
  22. BrittanuN.
    Aug 6, 2007
    I think Matt Damon is a great actor, and no one else could have pulled these movies off better them him!!!
  23. TonyB.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Best of the trilogy this movie was just amazing. but what was up with the camer-man with heroine relapses I couldn't see a thing he was shaking so much made it kinda hard to see what was happening but aside from that the movie was incredible I want to see it again already and I just saw it yesterday.
  24. KentH.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Extremely enjoyable but the plot left room for sequel.
  25. RichardK.
    Aug 11, 2007
    A good show, I will get the dvd. A lot of hand held camera action shots in places that did not need all that camera movement...Matt Damon is one cool dude. Excellent fight scenes & car chase/crash scenes. Hard to remember a dull moment in this movie. Nice ending. We want more...
  26. PST.
    Aug 11, 2007
    As far as the spy thriller genre is concerned, you simply can't get any better. Two thumbs up to a brilliant director and a wonderful cast of exceptional actors.
  27. lesdazzle
    Aug 12, 2007
    anyone who gave this movie less then 5 must be a labotimized zombie,i gave up chewing my nails last year but could not stop through entire pic and you are always cheering on bourne great action and locals and i would rather take the hyper realism of hand held then seamless boring cgi effects anyday
  28. MichaelS
    Aug 12, 2007
    Well worth your time and hard earned dollars to see this film. The action movie of the summer and I can only hope the series continues with Bourne Legacy and Bourne Betrayal. I can only guess that critics of the Wash Post never made it to the film as they apparently do often.
  29. KirkG.
    Aug 16, 2007
    Say what you like about the camera work, this movie tops both of it's predecessors and even generates a few smiles along the way as you see Bourne putting the CIA in its place. There was a portion that seemed a tad preachy, but I almost expected it. Overall, very good. Especially if you liked #1 and 2.
  30. RickD.
    Aug 17, 2007
    It was better than the first two. The pace and action were fantastic. I was not disappointed.
  31. halb
    Aug 10, 2007
    Excellent, action-packed, pulse-pounding, expertly directed, well acted... with characters you actually care about, and a plot that mirrors our current national obsession with security. The Bourne Trilogy and Matt Damon are worth catching!
  32. JoeB
    Aug 18, 2007
    Easily the best action film of the year, if not the decade. Matt Damon managed to create a realistic, well-rounded character, which is pretty hard to do when you have very little dialogue with which to do so.
  33. NickA.
    Aug 20, 2007
    What can I possibly say that has yet been stated about the third (and possibly final?) installment in the 'Bourne' franchise? Well, if I felt compelled to abash and debase the film
  34. FionaW.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Fast-paced in the best possible way. Yes, there's flash and discord through most of the shots, but that's what makes the film sing.
  35. JoshC
    Aug 30, 2007
    Absolutely suspenseful, big time thrilling movie and amazing. I am clueless why some people don't like this movie?
  36. BillyS.
    Aug 4, 2007
    In a year thats been the 3rd in a series for every other movie released, The Bourne Ultimatum is the first one that leaves you actually wanting there to be a fourth! The Bourne series is the only trilogy that has progressively gotten better with each installment and the only one that has stayed true to its course without blowing the works trying to out-do its preecessors. Matt Damon is In a year thats been the 3rd in a series for every other movie released, The Bourne Ultimatum is the first one that leaves you actually wanting there to be a fourth! The Bourne series is the only trilogy that has progressively gotten better with each installment and the only one that has stayed true to its course without blowing the works trying to out-do its preecessors. Matt Damon is perfect as Jason Bourne and carries the movie without relying on gimmicks like Johnny Depp does in the Pirates franchise, and unlike the Bond series, they will never be able to find a replacement for Damon. I know Ultimatum is supposed to be the last Bourne movie, but atleast we finally have a 3 that we would love to see a 4 instead of "Thank God, that's over". The Bourne Ultimatum is the Coolest movie of the year! Expand
  37. MrModul8
    Aug 4, 2007
    by far the best blockbuster of the summer. non-stop action will leave you sweaty by the end. love the subtle digs they make at the current abuse of powers by the government (rendition, echelon, moral corruption). no way the franchise should stop here!
  38. BibliotechaSanchez
    Aug 4, 2007
    Great movie! The girl reminds me of my girlfriend. Very far-fetched movie, though. I didn't see the first two, but heard the rave reviews of them. Matt Damon is a good actor because he's always honest with himself. Good action.
  39. RaniS
    Aug 4, 2007
    Smart, sexy and entertaining. What a movie should be!
  40. JohnS.
    Aug 4, 2007
    One of the best action movies of the last decade. Critics are reduced to saying that the movie "tied loose ends up" because the movie integrates itself so well plot wise into the previous two movies. With that said, Ultimatum manages to have its own unique pace and chemistry.
  41. KenanH.
    Aug 4, 2007
    The ridiculous action plus the unreal camera work creates one of the best movies i have ever seen.
  42. P.O.
    Aug 4, 2007
    I don't know how you can not give this movie a ten. It is full with blood pumping action, that is much different then I have ever seen before. The action in this movie puts a new standard in business. Please go out and see it when you read this review.
  43. KimAnderson
    Aug 4, 2007
    I was shocked and exhilarated to see a movie that I was hoping would be at least good escapist entertainment turn into something with timely political content and a conscience: The Manchurian Candidate meets the Bush administration. It is also breathtakingly exciting.
    Aug 4, 2007
    it was extremely intense and exactly what i hoped it to be. this being the second sequel of the franchise, deep bow for keeping things fresh!! =)
  45. EdwardM.
    Aug 5, 2007
    A fantastic action movie that services character and makes an attentive, intelligent audience really care what's happening to the protaganists. The directing style is superb -- Paul Greengrass wanted Bourne's world to come across 'unconsidered.' It puts you right into his mind of spontaneous choice and observance. Brilliant! Easily the best movie of the year so far, A fantastic action movie that services character and makes an attentive, intelligent audience really care what's happening to the protaganists. The directing style is superb -- Paul Greengrass wanted Bourne's world to come across 'unconsidered.' It puts you right into his mind of spontaneous choice and observance. Brilliant! Easily the best movie of the year so far, all things considered. Expand
  46. RayR.
    Aug 6, 2007
    Awesome! The Bourne Series just keeps getting better!
  47. AlexG.
    Aug 7, 2007
    My only complaint would be that, the movie is very tiring on the eyes, due to the fact that a steady-cam wasn't used in any of the car chases; etc. Aside, from that minor qualm. The movie was highly enjoyable.
  48. JoshW
    Aug 8, 2007
    The best action movie in memory.
  49. John
    Aug 9, 2007
    my favorite out of the 3
  50. LarryK.
    Aug 9, 2007
    Ignore the reviews that trash this film, and go have yourself a riveting good time at the movies. By the way, the hand-held camera effect that some reviewers have exaggerated is limited to only about the first ten minutes of the film. Even then, it isn't employed nonstop for those entire ten minutes. Once this mistake, intentional or otherwise, passes, you can sit back and enjoy that Ignore the reviews that trash this film, and go have yourself a riveting good time at the movies. By the way, the hand-held camera effect that some reviewers have exaggerated is limited to only about the first ten minutes of the film. Even then, it isn't employed nonstop for those entire ten minutes. Once this mistake, intentional or otherwise, passes, you can sit back and enjoy that long overdue, quality, action motion picture that we've all been waiting for. Jason Bourne ROCKS!!! Expand
  51. G-RadAndrew
    Sep 3, 2007
    Extremely fast paced and thrilling with non-stop action. This one is the best of The Bourne series yet, including the best action movie of the summer.
  52. RobinM.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Excellent movie from start to finish. I've rarely seen the third of a series as being the best of class.
  53. StanS.
    Jan 9, 2008
    Easily the best in the series, and perhaps the best action movie of the last 10 years. If you enjoyed the first two or action in general you owe it to yourself to watch this movie.
  54. Anonymous
    Apr 9, 2008
    Simply amazing,fantastic action scenes that just pull you into the screen and astonish you with the dexterity, fluidity and intelligence of every turn. It really makes you stop to wonder how it is executed so much better than maybe every other action movie period. I don't think I've ever thought "intelligent" in conjunction with an action sequence the way I do when I think about Simply amazing,fantastic action scenes that just pull you into the screen and astonish you with the dexterity, fluidity and intelligence of every turn. It really makes you stop to wonder how it is executed so much better than maybe every other action movie period. I don't think I've ever thought "intelligent" in conjunction with an action sequence the way I do when I think about this movie. It's a definite gem and something you'll want to see multiple times. Not sure I've ever seen a trilogy like this and hoped for a 4th (I'm talking to you Matrix & Mission Impossible) Expand
  55. TimmyH
    Sep 3, 2009
    It really can be regarded as one of best action/spy films ever made, for its emphasis on the story and atmosphere, both of which have the fastest pace among the trilogy. And this is just what is capable of keeping you going on with Matt Damon's tense. There're not many action sequences in the whole film in fact, or what you call fight sequences. Pretty a lot are foot chases or It really can be regarded as one of best action/spy films ever made, for its emphasis on the story and atmosphere, both of which have the fastest pace among the trilogy. And this is just what is capable of keeping you going on with Matt Damon's tense. There're not many action sequences in the whole film in fact, or what you call fight sequences. Pretty a lot are foot chases or Bourne's tricks to help Ross (a role in the film) run away from CIA agents. However, these non-action sequences are still able to make the viewers fell excited. Near the end of the film there's a car chase, which ends in a similar way that the one in Supremacy did. It's okay but it's not as good. The foot chase on the rooftop in Moroco and the hand-to-hand martial combat between Bourne and Desh afterwards is no doubt the highlight of the entire movie. Like its predecessor, Bourne's intelligence is still the main worth-watching point, which is also the major factor that makes the story brilliant. The major flaw is the camera work, which shakes all the time. It made the car chase hard to see (it's hard to tell how many cars were involved there and which car bumped into which). But the hand-to-hand combats are still okay enough with the shaky camera, unlike that one in the apartment in Supremacy, where camera shakes too heavily. Expand
  56. JoshB
    Jan 21, 2010
    This film is absolutely incredible. One of the all around greatest action films ever made.
  57. ShaunJ.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Worth Every Penny in the THEATRE plus Popcorn plus candy. I may even watch it again.
  58. ke
    Dec 27, 2007
    The best out of the trilogy and has some really good action scenes. Best action movie of the year, though the ending doesn't explain too much
  59. JeffN.
    Oct 25, 2007
    A quintessential watermark for the action-thriller genre.
  60. JaredC.
    Jul 30, 2007
    The Bourne Ultimatum never quits. It's paced with extremely high ranked action sequences and intense drama moments. This episode of Jason Bourne totally rocks and owns the first two.
  61. EM.
    Aug 11, 2007
    This best action movie I've ever seen.
  62. AlexP.
    Aug 15, 2007
    It's true what they say: one of the best action movies of 2007, and probably in the past 5 years. What makes it so engaging though is its die-hard commitment to "keeping it real" so to speak. He's about as far from the James Bonds of old or the John McCain's of forever as you can get. He is understated, subtle, and unlike other action stars who forget all character It's true what they say: one of the best action movies of 2007, and probably in the past 5 years. What makes it so engaging though is its die-hard commitment to "keeping it real" so to speak. He's about as far from the James Bonds of old or the John McCain's of forever as you can get. He is understated, subtle, and unlike other action stars who forget all character development once bombs start going off, Damon never breaks from his character's resistance to and confusion of his surroundings. Smart, never boring. See it. Expand
  63. jrocknyc
    Aug 16, 2007
    it's fast & frenetic, but never confusing -- very smart cameras & editing.
  64. Rev.R.
    Aug 17, 2007
    Greengrass accomplishes the difficult task of melding complex espionage movements with the simplicity of heart-pounding action. This movie felt like trying to contemplate the mysterious movements of the solar system while riding one hell of a roller coaster. Usually one bows to the other; except in this great film. Amid explosions, gunfire, and automobiles dismantling while moving, this Greengrass accomplishes the difficult task of melding complex espionage movements with the simplicity of heart-pounding action. This movie felt like trying to contemplate the mysterious movements of the solar system while riding one hell of a roller coaster. Usually one bows to the other; except in this great film. Amid explosions, gunfire, and automobiles dismantling while moving, this film moves with its own sense of grace as the viewer thinks on their feet while the heart races. They move in perfect timing. This is the summer's best action movie and merits that distinction with ease. At last something really refreshing. Expand
  65. JasonBourne
    Aug 19, 2007
    Lousy film snobs with superiority complex will give in occasional 1 and 2 (out of 10), but do not be bothered by them. This movie is easily the best of its genre in recent years.
  66. MikeM
    Aug 22, 2007
    The Bourne Ultimatum is the best movie out this year. It is a spectacular, heart-pounding journey that shows you don't need to rack up the death toll to deliver a terrific action movie. This proves that, and proves it well. Matt Damon is back as Jason Bourne, the man who can't remember what he is. But this time around, he is starting to remember, and flashes are coming back to The Bourne Ultimatum is the best movie out this year. It is a spectacular, heart-pounding journey that shows you don't need to rack up the death toll to deliver a terrific action movie. This proves that, and proves it well. Matt Damon is back as Jason Bourne, the man who can't remember what he is. But this time around, he is starting to remember, and flashes are coming back to him. His goal in the movie is very simple: go back to the beginning. And this is just what he does as he makes his way to New York, where the CIA Deputy Director Noah Vosen is determined to take him down and take him out (played by the talented David Strathairn). Along with Mr. Vosen, is the returning Pamela Landy (Joan Allen), who doesn't believe in Noah's own plans, and, almost like Bourne, wants to get to the bottom of the entire case herself. There are some terrific action scenes in this film. The scene in the terminal with the British writer is very suspenseful, keeping you on edge as Bourne weaves he and his partner in and out and around security. There is a fight in an apartment that is reminiscent of the one in the house in "Bourne Supremacy," but this one is two times better and five times as brutal. The plot doesn't have as many twists and turns as the previous two in the trilogy, but this one grabs your attention and throttles you through a fast-paced, adrenaline-stimulated 2 hours. The music is one other thing to note, as it does a great job of keeping you awake, and note that the end credits song is good enough to worth staying around for (sung by Moby). It is hard to find action movies this smart, and yet this entertaining at the same time. The Bourne Ultimatum is first-class, as quite possibly one of the best trilogies ever comes to a close. Expand
  67. KevinC.
    Aug 26, 2007
    A wonderful, taught thriller that really ties all three movies together nicely and avoids most cliches of the genre. I left the theatre satisfied. The ending was a little rushed, but that's about it. @ Pedro G. - I'm sorry, but your comments are ridiculous. All the movie was doing was asking how far a government should be willing to go in order to protect itself before it's A wonderful, taught thriller that really ties all three movies together nicely and avoids most cliches of the genre. I left the theatre satisfied. The ending was a little rushed, but that's about it. @ Pedro G. - I'm sorry, but your comments are ridiculous. All the movie was doing was asking how far a government should be willing to go in order to protect itself before it's morally unsound. Maybe you didn't catch it because you seem to be someone who sees the world in black and white shades and assumes everyone else does. Calling the director of this film as a Hollywood propagandist is laughable, especially considering he was accused of being a mindless Bush supporter last year when he directed "United 93". Expand
  68. Daz
    Aug 31, 2007
    was it as good as the first two? I'm not sure. Is it a good film worthy of the Bourne name? Definitely!!
  69. JonT.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Wow! Gripping and exhausting! Brilliant fast-paced movie experience that builds logically and convincingly from the previous films.
  70. ThomasS.
    Aug 3, 2007
    I was gripping my seat during some of these action scenes, which is a good thing. Awesome follow-up to the other 2 Bourne movies. I agree with another reviewer about how nicely the ending ties back to the beginning.
  71. Capt.Fahq
    Aug 3, 2007
    Just saw it, and it rocked my socks off!
  72. JohhnyS.
    Aug 3, 2007
    Siiccckkkk~! amazing action amazing dialog
  73. S.Taylor
    Aug 4, 2007
    This is one of the best summer action movies of the last several years. It's got a script as smart as Jason Bourne himself. I didn't breathe for minutes at a time.
  74. ZachL.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Sweet action movie. At times almost too much camera movement... but never too much to really get in the way. Highly recommended.
  75. FrankO.
    Aug 4, 2007
    Not a wasted scene, tight action and script. No sentimentality in this action thriller. Best of the Bourne trilogy, they must end the series here since Bourne does not want to kill anymore.
  76. WexlerR.
    Aug 5, 2007
    Minimal dialogue, action increasing exponentially throughout, building thu a series of incredible set pieces to a great finish
  77. DanaM.
    Aug 5, 2007
    I really enjoyed this movie. It helped to have seen the frst two films to explain what was happening as the movie started. Non-stop action. Be sure to bring your earplugs because this is a loud movie. Go see it if you like action movies, but be sure to read the book or see the earlir films or you might be lost trying to figure out the plot.
  78. SeanP.
    Best of the series.
  79. MikeT.
    Aug 7, 2007
    Great movie - nail biting and action packed from the start. Matt Damon did an incredible job. Jason Bourne is both smart and strong. The shaky camera gets a little annoying though.
  80. TremaD.
    Aug 8, 2007
    I loved it the very first 10 minutes.. the chases through spain, the motorcyle driving, car crashes, when he fights desh, bourne just flies through anything - its definately amazing to watch, this is truly my type of film .. some have complained of the unsteady camera but i say thats how its supposed to be.. it looks astonishing and gripping, like reality - dangerous and frenzied, its I loved it the very first 10 minutes.. the chases through spain, the motorcyle driving, car crashes, when he fights desh, bourne just flies through anything - its definately amazing to watch, this is truly my type of film .. some have complained of the unsteady camera but i say thats how its supposed to be.. it looks astonishing and gripping, like reality - dangerous and frenzied, its just so insanely crazy .. The Bourne Ultimatum is a true thriller.. Expand
  81. ChristianO.
    Sep 12, 2007
    This is the first really great action movie I've seen in a very, very long time!
  82. SedI.
    Sep 19, 2007
    This is simply the greatest action film ever made. Though others say the "shaky cam" ruined this movie I think it added a sense of chaos and reality to the movie.
  83. RanalphJ.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Awesome......the most definitive action thriller ever.
  84. LR.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Thought this movie was the best Bourne film out of all of them. Was the most entertaining and comparing it to most other action films its brilliant and easily surpasses them. Love the whole ending and the story wasn't soleness like a lot of these action based things are. I enjoyed the dialogue which was clever and intelligently written and I am really pleased this superb trio of Thought this movie was the best Bourne film out of all of them. Was the most entertaining and comparing it to most other action films its brilliant and easily surpasses them. Love the whole ending and the story wasn't soleness like a lot of these action based things are. I enjoyed the dialogue which was clever and intelligently written and I am really pleased this superb trio of movies finished on such a high note. Expand
  85. JohnShellabarger
    Sep 4, 2007
    Only one thing needs to be said about Bourne Ultimatum. Because it it is a big step up from the first two Bourne movies, which were incredible in their own right, this third Bourne movie is so well made and realistic that even though it is an action movie it ought to win an Academy Award for Best Picture for 2007. Makes Casino Royal and Mission Impossible look like Kindergarden
  86. TomH.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This has to be one of the best action films ever made. I found it completely believable, from the silent fights to the use of real news agencies. Even though looking back some of it seems unbelievable the direction and visual style made it work. That and the way that some of the actions of the CIA seemed grimly close to reality (shooting innocent civilians, press censorship etc) I also This has to be one of the best action films ever made. I found it completely believable, from the silent fights to the use of real news agencies. Even though looking back some of it seems unbelievable the direction and visual style made it work. That and the way that some of the actions of the CIA seemed grimly close to reality (shooting innocent civilians, press censorship etc) I also felt that the shaky cam added to the action and helped emphasize the beauty of the more steady sequences. The score also was spot on. Rarely have I left a cinema thinking WOW is such big letters. Expand
  87. conors.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Great film.The best of the trilogy.Paul Grenngrass' direction is superb.Matt Damon completely embodies Bourne now.He is a character we truly care about after three films and this is a fitting farewell.
  88. RobertoM.
    Jan 6, 2008
    Best action thriller of the year !
  89. GabeK
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great action thriller. With all the crappy movies these days this one was a breath of fresh air. To all the people giving this movie bad ratings because it was not believable, you gotta be kidding me. It is a movie not reality, would you watch superman and then say, this movie was ridiculous people cant fly or stop bullets. The point of Jason Bourne is that he is the ultimate operative. Great action thriller. With all the crappy movies these days this one was a breath of fresh air. To all the people giving this movie bad ratings because it was not believable, you gotta be kidding me. It is a movie not reality, would you watch superman and then say, this movie was ridiculous people cant fly or stop bullets. The point of Jason Bourne is that he is the ultimate operative. You go to a movie to escape reality, so shut up and enjoy a good movie. Expand
  90. LP.sorry
    Dec 12, 2007
    Sorry for my last review of this movie as i reviewed it without realy watching it properly. though i still stick with a few comments of mine i will now admit that i was totally wrong, after watching the movie the second time around i now relise thats this is one of the best movies of the year.
  91. BrandonS.
    Dec 16, 2007
    Great action movie. It's amazing what can be done when good actors are used and scripts are kept focused. The chase sequences are nail-bitingly long and expertly paced. This is an excellent and appropriate closer to a top-notch action trilogy.
  92. MichaelB
    Dec 29, 2007
    We live in a day and age where good action films are extremely few and far between. The Bourne Ultimatum stands far above the rest. While (much like the 2nd film) it bears absolutely no resemblance to the book, most fans of the first 2 films will enjoy this installment. I think that they have ended this series on a pretty high note, which is something most franchises can't claim.
  93. BillB
    Aug 12, 2007
    After seeing the first two Bourne movies it seemed almost impossible that the third one could bring as much excitement, but of course I was proven wrong.
  94. ArielG
    Aug 17, 2007
    Great sequel. I had initial reservations about this movie, after the high standards set by the previous two Bourne movies. But I wasn't disappointed, it was a exciting and intelligent thriller - The only thing I feel I should warn people about is the shaky camera style. Every shot is shaky and can leave you leave you with a serious case of nausea and motion sickness.
  95. PhilMcCrackup
    Aug 19, 2007
    Tremendous from start to finish.
  96. TheSpinner
    Sep 24, 2007
    A night spent with Miss Venezuela or watching The Bourne Ultimatum? Easy choice. The best action movie since Supremacy.
  97. SimonM.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Finally got to see Bourne3 and let me say it was everything it should have been, which is rare these days. I liked this picture the only thing bad i could say about it is that you don't really need a theatre to see it, unlike your Transformers or Pirates films where the "big screen" makes a difference.
  98. MarcusW.
    Sep 25, 2007
    The Bourne Ultimatum was the best movie of the summer, and the car chases were top notch.
  99. JT
    Feb 16, 2008
    Simply the best, most cunning film of 2007. It's an exhilerating ride, filled with white-knuckle tension, jaw-dropping stunts, compelling characters, and an intelligence and depth that can't be appreciated until after repeated viewings.
  100. ElaineS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    The best of all!

1. Audiences will eat it up: This is a postmillennial spy-action movie pitched to a large international audience. You hardly need subtitles.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A pounding, pulsating thriller that provides an almost constant adrenaline surge for nearly two hours.
    You come out of the movie both excited and soothed, as if your body had been worked on by felt-covered drumsticks.