The Bourne Ultimatum

7.4

1. Nov 24, 2015
    I think this film is the best from the trilogy. That's probably because all the loose ends are finally tied up. It's thrilling, clever and full of action.
  2. Nov 2, 2015
    With great cinematography, great characterization, and even better action sequences, The Bourne Ultimatum is not only better than its predecessors, but it is the best film in the Bourne Franchise.
  3. Oct 26, 2015
    "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" was a very entertaining film. "The Bourne Ultimatum" was entertaining too. Both were full of cartoon characters and the plot, in both cases, was strictly for laughs.

If you like non-stop action, no matter ridiculous it may get, you will like Bourne #3.
  4. Jul 9, 2015
    From the moment that the opening title appeared, I knew we were in for a ride. Paul Greengrass has done it again. Everything we love from the previous Bourne films is here once again: the action, the dialogue, and of course the shaky camera. However for me, that last one was never a problem. I think it adds to the suspense.

It is a perfectly satisfying conclusion, and should stand the

It is a perfectly satisfying conclusion, and should stand the test of time as a fantastic movie, and altogether, an unforgettable trilogy.
    The Bourne Ultimatum has a great plot, awesome writing, fantastic direction, suspense, and some of the best action of the summer. Matt Damon delivers possibly his best performance to date. He has the conviction and swelling desire of the troubled assassin.
  5. Jan 22, 2015
    This innovatively shot capper to one of the best series of its genre is the top of an upwards-sloping ramp, with each film in the trilogy managing to out-do itself in almost every single aspect by which one judges a film's quality. Featuring dizzyingly energetic sequences, unrelenting suspense, an intellectually stimulating screenplay and polished performances, 'The Bourne Ultimatum' is aThis innovatively shot capper to one of the best series of its genre is the top of an upwards-sloping ramp, with each film in the trilogy managing to out-do itself in almost every single aspect by which one judges a film's quality. Featuring dizzyingly energetic sequences, unrelenting suspense, an intellectually stimulating screenplay and polished performances, 'The Bourne Ultimatum' is a spy/thriller masterwork that satisfactorily concludes Robert Ludlum's novel adaptations in spectacular fashion. Expand
  6. Nov 9, 2014
    The Bourne Ultimatum concludes the Bourne trilogy in style, with sharper camerawork, interesting characters, great action sequences, and Paul Greengrass at his finest.
  7. Aug 25, 2014
    Strong 3 1/2 stars, almost tempted to go for 4.

The best in the Bourne trilogy, in my opinion. The tempo was extremely good between action and cat-and-mouse chases - something the previous films lacked. The good rhythm makes the movie more interesting to watch. The story had to tie some loose ends here, bringing in cast of old and new - and to bring the story to a conclusion, with
    Strong 3 1/2 stars, almost tempted to go for 4.

The best in the Bourne trilogy, in my opinion.

The story had to tie some loose ends here, bringing in cast of old and new - and to bring the story to a conclusion, with Bourne being hunted, him hunting for the truth and some sort of resolution had to be found.

Action, stunts, chases and shooting - anything a good action film needs - with the pieces constantly moving and keeping you guessing for the next turn of events.
  8. Feb 3, 2014
    the best film of the series. the story goes up every second of this film.
    maybe I can say the bourne series are the best films of Matt Damon.
    the story is usual but the telling of the story is unusual.
  9. Dec 14, 2013
  10. Nov 13, 2013
    The Bourne Ultimatum finishes off an already fine franchise.
    A simple story with compelling acting, great writing, and very good action sequences. The Bourne Ultimatum is a great finishing touch on the original two as it rivals both its predecessors.
  11. Oct 12, 2013
    A brainless action movie directed and acted EXTREMELY well. This movie is almost perfect and it is one of those movies that will be talked about twenty years from now.
  12. Sep 19, 2013
    The final Bourne movie in the trilogy kicks ass! It is even more gripping and thrilling than the second one, and possibly even better than the first. I have watched it probably a dozen times, and it still feels new and fresh to me. That is the mark of a great movie.
  13. Aug 26, 2013
    It's not often you see a trilogy improve as it goes on but the Bourne trilogy did just that. Ultimatum had great action, although carried out a little long. As a viewer you actually feared for the lives of the characters and each character had depth. The 3rd Bourne movie was the best one because it was the most unpredictable and you really knew the characters.
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    wowwww this movie was one of the best action movies ever and all this series
    was on of the 5 best trilogi ever!!!!!!!!!!!
    This was the best bourne movie from the three movies.
  15. Jul 5, 2013
    This is for sure the best of the trilogy! It is indeed all about the chase! This 3rd instalment is more OTT than the other 2, but it is done in a manner that is engrossing. Great fight scenes, quick action (especially in the first part of this film) and good acting means that this film never gets boring. I do have to agree with some who want Oliver Wood shot (cinematography indeedThis is for sure the best of the trilogy! It is indeed all about the chase! This 3rd instalment is more OTT than the other 2, but it is done in a manner that is engrossing. Great fight scenes, quick action (especially in the first part of this film) and good acting means that this film never gets boring. I do have to agree with some who want Oliver Wood shot (cinematography indeed choppy) and the direction could have been better (showing parts of a characters face from the back of an others head does not make things more realistic especially when it's done over and over again). The ending didn't reveal much but who cares? and, of course, it is left open for a possible 4th part.
    PS. Love the product placements...ie Motorola phones (space age technology..that is why they are the preferred choice of CIA assassins!!!) Opel cars (need to get away by running your car off the roof??) and Ford cars (great grip and handling...used by the NYPD)...hehehe....
  16. Mar 22, 2013
    The Bourne Ultimatum is easily the best of the three films and arguably the greatestt action film ever with its breakneck pace and incredible camerawork.
  17. Jan 23, 2013
    The best Bourne movie in my opinion. The Bourne Ultimatum ties all the movies together beautifully, and the action and script are both strong once again.
  18. Jan 2, 2013
    It's a very fitting end to such an enjoyable trilogy. Solid acting by the cast, The movie is the perfect mix of action and story, The action itself is entertaining and fun to watch. It's simply a good film.
  19. Nov 28, 2012
    "The Bourne Ultimatum" is director Paul Greengrass' final installment of the Bourne franchise. The film stars Matt Damon and starts up where the previous film ("The Bourne Supremacy") left off. To start off, "Ultimatum" had big shoes to fill - "Identity" set the proverbial bar for the franchise and "Supremacy" raised this bar. Does "Ultimatum" live up to the expectations that it was"The Bourne Ultimatum" is director Paul Greengrass' final installment of the Bourne franchise. The film stars Matt Damon and starts up where the previous film ("The Bourne Supremacy") left off. To start off, "Ultimatum" had big shoes to fill - "Identity" set the proverbial bar for the franchise and "Supremacy" raised this bar. Does "Ultimatum" live up to the expectations that it was assigned? In short. . .yeah. . .yeah it does. "Ultimatum" is an expertly crafted film that takes every facet of the first two films and elevates them to an exponential degree. I honestly did not believe the claim that these movies got better with each installment. But, hey, seeing is believing I guess. Just when I thought that Matt Damon's portrayal of Bourne was multifaceted enough, he adds more complicated and compelling layers to this character in "Ultimatum" - I mean, layers upon layers of Bourne are presented throughout this film. If you thought that you had gained a strong emotional attachment to Bourne via the first two movies, well see the third because Damon just blasts expectations with this performance. This performance and the overall film as a whole, is built up by the brilliantly written screenplay by Tony Gilroy. This script is the fulcrum of the film. It's brisk dialogue and precious I-Can't-Believe-That-Just-Happened moments make the film that much more amusing as a whole. One of my favorite aspects of the entire Bourne franchise is the score. Whether it's John Powell's fast-paced music or Moby's stylish trademark song "Extreme Ways", the recurring musical elements really help to embed the film into the audience's head. Paul Greengrass' impressive direction is once again a masterstroke aspect of this film's massive appeal. I would say that, in the end, "The Bourne Ultimatum" surpassed my expectations and lifted the franchise to unfathomable heights. Expand
  20. Aug 29, 2012
    Another fantastic thrilling action film. All the things that made the previous two great come together and feel more cinematic and high-profile. I would highly recommend it even if you haven't seen the previous two. Great pace, action and story all the way.
  21. Aug 14, 2012
    The Bourne Ultimatum is a great action movie, no doubt about it. Matt Damon as Jason Bourne delivers and action-packed conclusion to the Bourne series that is hard to forget. The plot is fast-paced and keeps you interested all the way through till the end, the action makes you go "Whoa! That was awesome!" and the acting is just plain good. I have been a fan of the Bourne films butThe Bourne Ultimatum is a great action movie, no doubt about it. Matt Damon as Jason Bourne delivers and action-packed conclusion to the Bourne series that is hard to forget. The plot is fast-paced and keeps you interested all the way through till the end, the action makes you go "Whoa! That was awesome!" and the acting is just plain good. I have been a fan of the Bourne films but Ultimatum is to me the best one and a great way to end the Bourne films. My only problem with the movie is that it goes on for too long at over 3 hours and it can get kind of boring at times but the action and story still make up for it and length is not a big problem at all. Overall The Bourne Ultimatum is an amazing movie that I would highly reccomend watching, yes it is long but the action, story, and acting will keep you enthralled till the end. Score: 8.5 out of 10. Expand
  22. Aug 13, 2012
    Quickly transitioning from foot chase to car chase to fire fight to hand to hand combat, moving as briskly as Jason Bourne walks, Bourne Ultimatum never slows down but never skims over character development and concludes one of the best action trilogies of all time.
  23. Aug 12, 2012
    [3/4 The Bourne Legacy Marathon]

The Bourne Ultimatum [2007]
    I remembered watching this in the cinema back in 2007, without watching the first two movies. I couldn't understand what the hell was happening. Five years later, this is the best movie in the series, for me. The opening chase sequence was a highlight. But again, this franchise is just not for me.
  24. Aug 6, 2012
    The best movie of the series to date, but rarely I have seen a movie better than the original. A good cast, plot and good action scenes make it one of the best action & adventure movies ever. I thought this movie actually would end the Bourne series, but it didn't.
  25. Aug 5, 2012
    Although it could never be seen as a weak movie, there is no doubt that The Bourne Ultimatum is a bit of disappointment when compared to it's thunderous predecessor The Bourne Supremacy. A lot of elements are recycled from that movie albeit without the same the sense of furious despair that made Supremacy such a thrilling ride. The Bourne Ultimatum does have it's plus points in the form ofAlthough it could never be seen as a weak movie, there is no doubt that The Bourne Ultimatum is a bit of disappointment when compared to it's thunderous predecessor The Bourne Supremacy. A lot of elements are recycled from that movie albeit without the same the sense of furious despair that made Supremacy such a thrilling ride. The Bourne Ultimatum does have it's plus points in the form of some great action scenes; the battle in Morrocco and the London Waterloo escapade are both truly excellent sequences. Overall, The Bourne Ultimatum is a descent movie but it doesn't live up to it's classic prequel. Expand
  26. Jun 9, 2012
    Excellent. From action and suspense, to plot and character development, The Bourne Ultimatum improves on everything that made the first two films great.
  27. May 14, 2012
    Awesome So good, Amazing, sweet as bro this movie was great the best one in the trilogy for sure the best action spy thriller ever
  28. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this is a 9.75 out of 10. Almost perfect. Acting is great. Everyone performed greatly. Music and score is really good. Story continues with great action scenes. There so amazing. Well crafted. Overall, this is a great film. Blows first 2 out of the water. This film is great, and is highly recommended.
  29. Jan 16, 2012
    A very likeable movie that features the best action in the series as well as great direction. I love how the movie gives secret nods to the 2 previous films (use the Wiki page for the movie to see examples of this). The cast is solid as well. The plot wont make any sense though unless you have seen the 2 previous films. Also the plot isnt as compelling as the other 2 films either, ItA very likeable movie that features the best action in the series as well as great direction. I love how the movie gives secret nods to the 2 previous films (use the Wiki page for the movie to see examples of this). The cast is solid as well. The plot wont make any sense though unless you have seen the 2 previous films. Also the plot isnt as compelling as the other 2 films either, It really doesnt build upon what is already there and that is a bit disapointing. Its still a solid action flick that is well worth the watch. Expand
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    I think that Bourne really is the new Bond. The Bourne Ultimatum was as action as action can get. The story was good, The cast was good, everything was good about this film.
  31. Nov 19, 2011
    It's safe to say that Jason Bourne is this generation's James Bond, only with better fighting.
    This film is a fast-paced, satisfying ending to a groundbreaking spy series of the 2000s. Filled with unexpected twists and Bourne's clever planning, the Bourne Ultimatum keeps the viewer on the edge of the seat during the whole movie.
    The Moby Extreme Ways ending song is just perfect for this movie.
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    I have seen this movie many times and I have to say that when it comes to an action movie this never lets up.I couldn't even go to the bathroom in the movie theater because there was no moments in this movie where it gives you a break.If I'm going to review this movie correctly then THIS movie is the "God of war" of movies,awesome!!
  33. Sep 25, 2011
    Before I saw "The Bourne Ultimatum" I thought the Bourne Series was slowly changing something like the Bond Franchise. I guess not. The film offers the same thing, but this time with a trimmed script and pulverizing action sequences. I could see that this movie begs to differ, and I believe it.
  34. CRL
    Sep 10, 2011
    The Bourne Ultimatum is a stylish, impeccably acted, well-written masterpiece of a thriller. From beginning to end there is never a dull moment, mixing thrilling chases, clever escapes, and more story than usually exists in ten thrillers into two hours of excellence. The plot is intricate yet believable, and one of the best I've seen. I particularly loved how it incorporated so manyThe Bourne Ultimatum is a stylish, impeccably acted, well-written masterpiece of a thriller. From beginning to end there is never a dull moment, mixing thrilling chases, clever escapes, and more story than usually exists in ten thrillers into two hours of excellence. The plot is intricate yet believable, and one of the best I've seen. I particularly loved how it incorporated so many elements of its predecessors, my favorite being Jason's final quote; a reference to what I remember as being one of Identity's finest moments. I personally like the cinematography; it fits the film. Matt Damon is once again amazing in his role, as well as the rest of the returning cast from the first two and the new characters. And it wraps up in style, with a brief cliffhanger and one of the best movie themes I've ever heard. Expand
  35. Sep 7, 2011
    The rating slider appears to be broken, it won't go above ten. This is my second favorite movie ever. Nonstop action. Political intrigue. Jason bourne is a bada** throughout, but not in the over-the-top kung-fu movie kind of way. If you liked the first 2 movies you'll love this one. If you didn't like the first two, then you may want to see a psychologist ;).
  36. May 24, 2011
    Rarely in a trilogy does each movie improve on it's predacessor however in this case its a case of saving the best until last! The Bourne Identity and Supremacy where amazing but Ultimatum blows them out them water. It raises the bar and set's the standards for all spy, espionage, federal agent franchises - whatever you want to call them the likes of Bond, Bauer and McClane all have someRarely in a trilogy does each movie improve on it's predacessor however in this case its a case of saving the best until last! The Bourne Identity and Supremacy where amazing but Ultimatum blows them out them water. It raises the bar and set's the standards for all spy, espionage, federal agent franchises - whatever you want to call them the likes of Bond, Bauer and McClane all have some serious work to do. This film picks up from the previous outing with Bourne escaping the authorities and on the run however he inadvertently becomes the target of Operation Blackbriar - a Treadstone upgrade whilst working with a London based journalist. Information from the reporter brings back new sets of memories for Bourne as he finally intends upon finding out about his dark past and who he truely is whilst evading a new ruthless breed of assassin leading to a phenominal finale in the final installment of a tremednous trilogy! This film has everything action from start to finish, superb suspense and a real thriller once more showcasing just how good a recipe it is with Paul Greengrass directing and Matt Damon in awesome form as Jason Bourne. Expand
  37. Jan 22, 2011
    My friend gave me the box-set of the trilogy a few weeks ago, and to be honest, i don't want to give them back. The film is well made, clever, great performances all round (especially from Damon) and blows any James Bond film of the last 10 years out the water. The best thrillers I have ever seen.
  38. Oct 5, 2010
    British reporter trying to uncover CIA dodgy operation, Bourne comes out of hiding to help, CIA want him dead again.
    A lot more fast-paced than the first two but also a lot more brainless with smart & clever plots replaced by stupid OTT action.
    Most of the action scenes are edited in short bursts that you can't tell what's going on the half the time & you're glad when they're over. The
    The ending is pretty good but a bit of a let down after the first two decent films.
  39. Oct 4, 2010
    It is rarely the case that the third film in trilogies turns out to be the stand out film in the series, but this is the case for the 'Bourne Ultimatum'. There are constant thrills and fantastic action sequences. The acting is top class and the storyline is very cleverly written. This is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat and thoroughly deserves its 3 Oscars.
  40. JoshB
    Jan 21, 2010
    This film is absolutely incredible. One of the all around greatest action films ever made.
  41. TimmyH
    Sep 3, 2009
    It really can be regarded as one of best action/spy films ever made, for its emphasis on the story and atmosphere, both of which have the fastest pace among the trilogy. And this is just what is capable of keeping you going on with Matt Damon's tense. There're not many action sequences in the whole film in fact, or what you call fight sequences. Pretty a lot are foot chases or It really can be regarded as one of best action/spy films ever made, for its emphasis on the story and atmosphere, both of which have the fastest pace among the trilogy. And this is just what is capable of keeping you going on with Matt Damon's tense. There're not many action sequences in the whole film in fact, or what you call fight sequences. Pretty a lot are foot chases or Bourne's tricks to help Ross (a role in the film) run away from CIA agents. However, these non-action sequences are still able to make the viewers fell excited. Near the end of the film there's a car chase, which ends in a similar way that the one in Supremacy did. It's okay but it's not as good. The foot chase on the rooftop in Moroco and the hand-to-hand martial combat between Bourne and Desh afterwards is no doubt the highlight of the entire movie. Like its predecessor, Bourne's intelligence is still the main worth-watching point, which is also the major factor that makes the story brilliant. The major flaw is the camera work, which shakes all the time. It made the car chase hard to see (it's hard to tell how many cars were involved there and which car bumped into which). But the hand-to-hand combats are still okay enough with the shaky camera, unlike that one in the apartment in Supremacy, where camera shakes too heavily. Expand
  42. SergeR
    May 6, 2009
    How anybody can give it less than ")" is beyond. You ask for logic and realism ín an action movie? Come on. The scene in the London railroad station just blew me away. So did the scene over the rooftops of Tanger. This is first class and has never been shown better, period. Who cares for logic, the whole James Bond series would have been produced!
  43. GabeK
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great action thriller. With all the crappy movies these days this one was a breath of fresh air. To all the people giving this movie bad ratings because it was not believable, you gotta be kidding me. It is a movie not reality, would you watch superman and then say, this movie was ridiculous people cant fly or stop bullets. The point of Jason Bourne is that he is the ultimate operative. Great action thriller. With all the crappy movies these days this one was a breath of fresh air. To all the people giving this movie bad ratings because it was not believable, you gotta be kidding me. It is a movie not reality, would you watch superman and then say, this movie was ridiculous people cant fly or stop bullets. The point of Jason Bourne is that he is the ultimate operative. You go to a movie to escape reality, so shut up and enjoy a good movie. Expand
  44. Anonymous
    Apr 9, 2008
    Simply amazing,fantastic action scenes that just pull you into the screen and astonish you with the dexterity, fluidity and intelligence of every turn. It really makes you stop to wonder how it is executed so much better than maybe every other action movie period. I don't think I've ever thought "intelligent" in conjunction with an action sequence the way I do when I think about Simply amazing,fantastic action scenes that just pull you into the screen and astonish you with the dexterity, fluidity and intelligence of every turn. It really makes you stop to wonder how it is executed so much better than maybe every other action movie period. I don't think I've ever thought "intelligent" in conjunction with an action sequence the way I do when I think about this movie. It's a definite gem and something you'll want to see multiple times. Not sure I've ever seen a trilogy like this and hoped for a 4th (I'm talking to you Matrix & Mission Impossible) Expand
  45. JT
    Feb 16, 2008
    Simply the best, most cunning film of 2007. It's an exhilerating ride, filled with white-knuckle tension, jaw-dropping stunts, compelling characters, and an intelligence and depth that can't be appreciated until after repeated viewings.
  46. AJ
    Feb 8, 2008
    I don't understand why this movie was better reviewed than the first, which was by far the best of the three. The camera work is annoying, the actors seemed to mail in their performances and the CIA scenes were ridiculous. I still enjoyed it a little, but really only because I grew to care about the character in the first one.
  47. Mike
    Feb 3, 2008
    way way way over the top! This movies tries to be serious, but how can you take it seriously when the main charater is smarter then the whole CIA department.
  48. KevinG.
    Jan 23, 2008
    I enjoyed the third installment of the Bourne films, though there's a 12 minute chase scene which gets a big long, though overall the entire movie stays true to the Bourne plot, shows you just how human Jason Bourne really is, and keeps you interested throughout. Definitely a must see if you're a Bourne fan.
  49. weltact
    Jan 19, 2008
    ok, so were talking action films here. the only reason i watched this is because people are constantly comparing MI series with this.. matt damons sped up fights, are you serious? the whole army is chasing matt damon across the world, hes just too smart and powerful to be caught. are you serious? matt damon is playing CIA like fools, theyre completely helpless ARE YOU SERIOUS ???
  50. RobinM.
    Jan 13, 2008
    Excellent movie from start to finish. I've rarely seen the third of a series as being the best of class.
  51. conors.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Great film.The best of the trilogy.Paul Grenngrass' direction is superb.Matt Damon completely embodies Bourne now.He is a character we truly care about after three films and this is a fitting farewell.
  52. StanS.
    Jan 9, 2008
    Easily the best in the series, and perhaps the best action movie of the last 10 years. If you enjoyed the first two or action in general you owe it to yourself to watch this movie.
  53. KenC
    Jan 8, 2008
    I loved the first two - while the action was good in this one - I thought the story went a little astray. It was almost a continuation of the second movie - like an alternate ending (or a directors cut) to the second movie.
  54. S.L.
    Jan 6, 2008
    Watching this movie I couldn't tell if I was watching the first movie or the latest. If you have seen the first movie in this series then there really is no need to see the second or third because it is just more of the same and nothing new.
  55. RobertoM.
    Jan 6, 2008
    Best action thriller of the year !
  56. MichaelB
    Dec 29, 2007
    We live in a day and age where good action films are extremely few and far between. The Bourne Ultimatum stands far above the rest. While (much like the 2nd film) it bears absolutely no resemblance to the book, most fans of the first 2 films will enjoy this installment. I think that they have ended this series on a pretty high note, which is something most franchises can't claim.
  57. ke
    Dec 27, 2007
    The best out of the trilogy and has some really good action scenes. Best action movie of the year, though the ending doesn't explain too much
  58. KennthM.
    Dec 19, 2007
    The first Bourne movie to bore me. I actually could not help but glance at my watch from time to time this entire film.
  59. BrandonS.
    Dec 16, 2007
    Great action movie. It's amazing what can be done when good actors are used and scripts are kept focused. The chase sequences are nail-bitingly long and expertly paced. This is an excellent and appropriate closer to a top-notch action trilogy.
  60. ArtG.
    Dec 15, 2007
    Overall a decent thrill ride but not very intelligent. My biggest gripe was in the cinematography. I don't understand the infatuation with hand held camera work and lightning fast cuts. It gives me a headache.
  61. BobC.
    Dec 14, 2007
    Has the majority of the film community turned completely into dross action junkies? In my opinion this film is the least of the Bourne trilogy. This entry provides a barely adequate end to the series. The frenetic action is not an adequate substitute for the lack of interesting human interactions. Julia Stiles is wooden and her brief interactions with Bourne are bland. Let's not Has the majority of the film community turned completely into dross action junkies? In my opinion this film is the least of the Bourne trilogy. This entry provides a barely adequate end to the series. The frenetic action is not an adequate substitute for the lack of interesting human interactions. Julia Stiles is wooden and her brief interactions with Bourne are bland. Let's not encourage this kind of movie making where crashing cars trumps real human interactions. Expand
  62. L.E.
    Dec 13, 2007
    Very good movie, but the first two were better.
  63. BJD.
    Dec 12, 2007
    Very boring. One chase after another. And absurd that Bourne could have so many close calls yet never be seriously hurt. This is just a "chase em, bang em up" movie with a little class.
  64. LP.sorry
    Dec 12, 2007
    Sorry for my last review of this movie as i reviewed it without realy watching it properly. though i still stick with a few comments of mine i will now admit that i was totally wrong, after watching the movie the second time around i now relise thats this is one of the best movies of the year.
  65. LP.
    Dec 11, 2007
    This movie nearly discredits the first two. The action sequences are so convoluted that there is absolutely no point of reference which makes it difficult to be affected. As well, the makers of this film may have wanted to source the second installment, because i think they duplicated a scene. To my recollection, Supremacy involved a scene where an assassin (Karl Urban) was pretzelled in This movie nearly discredits the first two. The action sequences are so convoluted that there is absolutely no point of reference which makes it difficult to be affected. As well, the makers of this film may have wanted to source the second installment, because i think they duplicated a scene. To my recollection, Supremacy involved a scene where an assassin (Karl Urban) was pretzelled in a car crash and Bourne kind of stares at him deeply then walk off. I guess they ran out of ideas. Anyway, there are moments I guess that are OK, but all in all, this movie could give the Harry Potter series a run for it's overbloated money in the "Utter dross in commercial acceptance" category. Expand
  66. XX
    Dec 11, 2007
    Lame closer for an otherwise great series. Action sequences were so muddled that there was no point of reference, so in turn, were ineffective. The acting was marginal, especially compared to the other films. As well, I think they forgot to source the second film because they duplicated the car chase almost exactly where it ends with the assassin pretzeled inside the crushed car as BourneLame closer for an otherwise great series. Action sequences were so muddled that there was no point of reference, so in turn, were ineffective. The acting was marginal, especially compared to the other films. As well, I think they forgot to source the second film because they duplicated the car chase almost exactly where it ends with the assassin pretzeled inside the crushed car as Bourne just looks at him and walks away??? Expand
  67. SorryNo
    Nov 21, 2007
    Very good movie, thrilling from start to finish.
  68. DustinM.
    Nov 20, 2007
    This film sets the standard for action films in the 21st century. Damon's minimalist style coupled with director Greengrass's au naturale style are a virtuoso combination. The Bourne Ultimatum (and the Bourne series for that matter) is to the current Bond franchise what Batman Begins is to the old Batman franchise (Batman, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, etc.). There is a This film sets the standard for action films in the 21st century. Damon's minimalist style coupled with director Greengrass's au naturale style are a virtuoso combination. The Bourne Ultimatum (and the Bourne series for that matter) is to the current Bond franchise what Batman Begins is to the old Batman franchise (Batman, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, etc.). There is a clear difference in the quality, believability and style between them. It is refreshing to watch this film both because film-goers can now expect more from action films, and because (hopefully) lesser type action films will become less common because Ultimatum has raised the bar. A professional reviewer commented that after this final Bourne film, no other Bourne films should be made for two reasons-- 1) because Ludlum wrote only three books in the series, and 2) because inferior sequels shouldn't serve to denigrate the excellent job Ultimatum did to end the series. Prior to watching the film I agreed with this because I thoroughly respect and enjoy Ludlum's work (the initial reason I came to watch the first and subsequent Bourne films). But after watching Ultimatum, I must confess I've changed my mind simply because it would be a sizable loss for film-goers and film-makers alike if we all cannot see many more superbly made films such as Ultimatum. Expand
  69. ElaineS.
    Nov 19, 2007
    The best of all!
  70. ShaunJ.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Worth Every Penny in the THEATRE plus Popcorn plus candy. I may even watch it again.
  71. DamonFan
    Nov 1, 2007
    Bourne flees, fights and (narrowly) avoids traps. He's closely monitored by the CIA. Someone's dirty secrets are disclosed. The end. A lot of stuff moved nicely except for the camera.
  72. JeffN.
    Oct 25, 2007
    A quintessential watermark for the action-thriller genre.
  73. ChachiM.
    Oct 17, 2007
    Utterly forgettable. Julia styles is also talentless.
  74. Giri
    Oct 15, 2007
    Missing one scene or a dialogue leads to misunderstanding of the story...smart move
  75. TonyS.
    Oct 11, 2007
    Couldn't agree more with Roger M.
  76. JamieB.
    Oct 10, 2007
    I agree about the car chases. I personally think it was the most fun of the movie. Over all it did have it's dull moments.
  77. PerspicaciousCritic
    Oct 9, 2007
    The problem with The Bourne Ultimatum -- and the other Bourne films for that matter -- are not in the films themselves, but in their PG-13 ratings (or 12A, in my British case). What this family-friendly rating implies is that there won't be any scene so intense as to frighten or jolt you out of your seat. For example, if Jason Bourne points a gun directly into a man's face, the The problem with The Bourne Ultimatum -- and the other Bourne films for that matter -- are not in the films themselves, but in their PG-13 ratings (or 12A, in my British case). What this family-friendly rating implies is that there won't be any scene so intense as to frighten or jolt you out of your seat. For example, if Jason Bourne points a gun directly into a man's face, the cynic in me says, "well, of course he Expand
  78. RogerM.
    Oct 6, 2007
    Continuous action without a soul. Nothing there.
  79. KenG
    Oct 6, 2007
    Movie is almost all energy, with too little substance. I would have happily done without some of the action, in exchange for more plot and character development. Actually, I could have done with less action, just to have Matt Damon come off more as a person, rather than some indestructible superman. Damon only does about 5 minutes of actual acting in this movie, and spends the rest of the Movie is almost all energy, with too little substance. I would have happily done without some of the action, in exchange for more plot and character development. Actually, I could have done with less action, just to have Matt Damon come off more as a person, rather than some indestructible superman. Damon only does about 5 minutes of actual acting in this movie, and spends the rest of the movie either running around, or beating people up. I am also not a big fan of the jiggerly hand-hold camera technique, which are now so popular in action movies, and which this movie does to an extreme. Also, I am getting tired of the whole Jason Bourne character and concept. It was raw and fresh it the first movie, but has grown kind of stale. It might help if Matt Damon was better in the role. And he 's capable enough in it. I can't say he's bad in it. But I also can't say he's ever been exceptional in it. I can't say the role fits him like a glove, like you could say about Sean Connery/James Bond, Johnny Depp/Captain Jack Sparrow, Harrison Ford/ Indiana Jones, Mel Gibson/Marty Riggs, Bruce Willis/the die hard movies. If Matt Damon were replaced for Bourne Identity 4, I don't know that anyone would be that bothered, except for big Matt Damon fans. Still, if all it takes to entertain you are action movies stuffed with plenty of action, and which are not mind numbingly dumb, this should keep you entertained. Expand
  80. AcronA.
    Oct 6, 2007
    This film, although highly praised, still managed to come out under-rated. Its not often that an action flick is elevated to art. What makes the Bourne Ultimatum so special is that it does it effortlessly. Nahhhh Strike all the above... I JUST LOVE THIS FILM!!!
  81. FredB.
    Sep 28, 2007
    Apparently the director missed that day in filmmaking school when they covered the concept of "less is more." The shaking camera bit was taken to a ludicrous extreme. When half the audience either raves or complains about the camera work, you know the director has screwed up--interesting camera technique is not why we go to see films! A little bit of shaking in the fast-paced scenes could Apparently the director missed that day in filmmaking school when they covered the concept of "less is more." The shaking camera bit was taken to a ludicrous extreme. When half the audience either raves or complains about the camera work, you know the director has screwed up--interesting camera technique is not why we go to see films! A little bit of shaking in the fast-paced scenes could have accomplished the desired effect, but no, the director has to smash us over the head with it. He seems amateurish, as if he discovered a new trick and really had to go overboard with it, forgetting the basics of good filmmaking and storytelling in the process. Maybe the success of his earlier films has gone to his head? Expand
  82. LR.
    Sep 26, 2007
    Thought this movie was the best Bourne film out of all of them. Was the most entertaining and comparing it to most other action films its brilliant and easily surpasses them. Love the whole ending and the story wasn't soleness like a lot of these action based things are. I enjoyed the dialogue which was clever and intelligently written and I am really pleased this superb trio of Thought this movie was the best Bourne film out of all of them. Was the most entertaining and comparing it to most other action films its brilliant and easily surpasses them. Love the whole ending and the story wasn't soleness like a lot of these action based things are. I enjoyed the dialogue which was clever and intelligently written and I am really pleased this superb trio of movies finished on such a high note. Expand
  83. MarcusW.
    Sep 25, 2007
    The Bourne Ultimatum was the best movie of the summer, and the car chases were top notch.
  84. SimonM.
    Sep 24, 2007
    Finally got to see Bourne3 and let me say it was everything it should have been, which is rare these days. I liked this picture the only thing bad i could say about it is that you don't really need a theatre to see it, unlike your Transformers or Pirates films where the "big screen" makes a difference.
  85. TheSpinner
    Sep 24, 2007
    A night spent with Miss Venezuela or watching The Bourne Ultimatum? Easy choice. The best action movie since Supremacy.
  86. KentH.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Extremely enjoyable but the plot left room for sequel.
  87. RanalphJ.
    Sep 22, 2007
    Awesome......the most definitive action thriller ever.
  88. SedI.
    Sep 19, 2007
    This is simply the greatest action film ever made. Though others say the "shaky cam" ruined this movie I think it added a sense of chaos and reality to the movie.
  89. GatsbyJ.
    Sep 12, 2007
    -I liked the movie but didn't think it was as good as the first two. I think that with the shaky camera it works and doesn't work, depending on when it's used. In fight and action scenes it's great, but during normal conversations between characters it becomes cumbersome. Those who thought they shaky camera worked are correct, but so are those who say it didn't. -I liked the movie but didn't think it was as good as the first two. I think that with the shaky camera it works and doesn't work, depending on when it's used. In fight and action scenes it's great, but during normal conversations between characters it becomes cumbersome. Those who thought they shaky camera worked are correct, but so are those who say it didn't. It doesn't need to be in every scene. Identity didn't use it and it was a great movie. What ticked me off was when I'd have the back of some character's head covering 90 % of the screen and all I see is gray or black (if someone can give me a reason that this "technique" was absolutely necessary I'd be happy to listen). -The story was thinner this time (a lot thinner) and it was more action-oriented, which is great for most action movies with stupid plots, but with the Bourne series we expect a solid, intriguing story. -I really wanted to love it as much as the first two movies but was a bit disappointed. The ending was great (linking it back to the first movie with Bourne in the water and his rebirth, etc). But really, the only thing this movie was about was Bourne getting the last of his memory back and finding out what Blackbriar or whatever its called was. That's all he's after in this movie, but one plot element can't sustain a two-hour plus movie. -The action and chase scenes were good (nothing as spectacular as Identity's) and it's always nice to see Bourne outsmarting the entire US intelligence agencies (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic: it's not very believable and a bit cliche, but it's still fun to watch). -I wanted to really like the movie, but had to grudgingly admit it didn't live up to my high expectations. Expand
  90. ChristianO.
    Sep 12, 2007
    This is the first really great action movie I've seen in a very, very long time!
  91. N.J.V.
    Sep 10, 2007
    The whole Bourne story actually had some unresolved questions worth making a sequel for. This one is definitely up to par with the other two. A real treat to watch, brilliantly edited. If you're a fan of the action/espionage genre, watch it.
  92. VitorA
    Sep 10, 2007
    I believe that if the interface of a medium is too tiresome to work with, then it doesn't matter how good everything else is. In this case the picture is the interface to the viewer because it communicates information. Village Voice says Ultimatum is some of the most accomplished filmmaking being done. I don't think so. The way Ultimatum was filmed makes my eyes so tired from I believe that if the interface of a medium is too tiresome to work with, then it doesn't matter how good everything else is. In this case the picture is the interface to the viewer because it communicates information. Village Voice says Ultimatum is some of the most accomplished filmmaking being done. I don't think so. The way Ultimatum was filmed makes my eyes so tired from having to follow the camera: the blurriness, the shakiness, the cropping, the - it just never stops moving. Not even in the quite scenes between Bourne and that blonde chick did the camera ever stop moving. To quote an unregistered user's post in another site, "The director must have glued a video camera to an attention deficits monkey and gave him the control to the focus and the zoom while it was on acid." To me, the film is broken. I don't care what the story is since it takes too much effort to follow it. Effort in this case being my eyes, which feel like their being gouged out halfway through the movie. On top of that. The film doesn't do anything amazing other than the one fight scene with the black guy. Ultimatum is the crummy finish to the first part of the story, Supremacy, which I saw hours before I seeing Ultimatum. Both follow a similar formula and both are anti-climactic. Ultimatum also disappoints because it focuses less on Bourne and more on the investigators saying one-liners that we've all heard before: Give me this camera angle, give that camera angle, etc... Ultimatum is ultimately ruined... even if the story was any good, watching it is much too painful. I could've walked out half-way in and not cared what happened to Bourne, but relief that I didn't have to sit through the rest. Expand
  93. RobinS.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Big Headache - I did have to close my eyes to "watch" much of this film in the theater. The bumpy camera work continued even during what should have been still close-ups. The sheer white burnout area of so many of the camera shots was like having a flashlight shine in my eyes every couple of milliseconds. The focus was horrible - and all over the place. Yes, I enjoy Jason Bourne, and Big Headache - I did have to close my eyes to "watch" much of this film in the theater. The bumpy camera work continued even during what should have been still close-ups. The sheer white burnout area of so many of the camera shots was like having a flashlight shine in my eyes every couple of milliseconds. The focus was horrible - and all over the place. Yes, I enjoy Jason Bourne, and maybe this film would be more effective on TV - but it was a very trying experience at the movies. Do the stars of this picture look so bad that we should not be able to focus on them? I left the movie having a better idea of what the characters Landy and Daniels looked like than Bourne or the Stiles character. Hopefully this style of camera-work it will be out of style soon. So - the emperor has no clothes - this style of filming is flashy and unrelenting and makes for a painful viewing experience. Enjoy the story with your eyes closed. Expand
  94. TomH.
    Sep 8, 2007
    This has to be one of the best action films ever made. I found it completely believable, from the silent fights to the use of real news agencies. Even though looking back some of it seems unbelievable the direction and visual style made it work. That and the way that some of the actions of the CIA seemed grimly close to reality (shooting innocent civilians, press censorship etc) I also This has to be one of the best action films ever made. I found it completely believable, from the silent fights to the use of real news agencies. Even though looking back some of it seems unbelievable the direction and visual style made it work. That and the way that some of the actions of the CIA seemed grimly close to reality (shooting innocent civilians, press censorship etc) I also felt that the shaky cam added to the action and helped emphasize the beauty of the more steady sequences. The score also was spot on. Rarely have I left a cinema thinking WOW is such big letters. Expand
  95. RienyeN.
    Sep 7, 2007
    I tried reading Bourne Ultimatum long before even Bourne Identity came to the silver screen and even then it kept putting me to sleep and never finished the book. The movie was, fortunately, better than the book but it still missed that "something" that made all the other Bournes so thrilling to watch. I admit it was tiring having to keep focused with all the jiggly camera work and the I tried reading Bourne Ultimatum long before even Bourne Identity came to the silver screen and even then it kept putting me to sleep and never finished the book. The movie was, fortunately, better than the book but it still missed that "something" that made all the other Bournes so thrilling to watch. I admit it was tiring having to keep focused with all the jiggly camera work and the plot still remained somewhat fuzzy until the very end, and even then it wasnt anything shocking or jaw-dropping. The action and stunt work is still top-notch but an overall let down of the trilogy! Expand
  96. RyanneV.
    Sep 6, 2007
    So action pact thrilling and insightful must see!
  97. D.R.
    Sep 5, 2007
    Overall a strong film (best action film of the year), but I don't think that it equaled the excellence of "Supremacy". The Bourne-in-NY portion of the film wasn't as well done as the preceding portion...the element of realism that makes Bourne such a compelling hero was done away with completely with some of the stuff he was walking away from during the NY act (car falling Overall a strong film (best action film of the year), but I don't think that it equaled the excellence of "Supremacy". The Bourne-in-NY portion of the film wasn't as well done as the preceding portion...the element of realism that makes Bourne such a compelling hero was done away with completely with some of the stuff he was walking away from during the NY act (car falling backwards off a roof; the chase-ending car accident; the 10-story leap into the river). Also, was it just me or did the car chase end in exactly the same way as it did in "Supremacy", with one car t-boning the other into a concrete divider? The bike escpae in Tangier was much stronger. [***SPOILER***] Finally, I just felt that Pam Landy's actions in handling the Blackbriar report seemed out of character...I could have seen if she had gone somewhere else within the government (like Jack Ryan did at the end of Clear and Present Danger) to bring down the program, but proclaiming that "this is not what I signed up for" and going to the press seemed ridiculous. A couple of other things that cost this movie some points: 1) note that in the end of "Supremacy", when it shifts to NY, it's clearly not winter as was depicted during the NY portion of "Ultimatum"...some continuity would have been nice; 2) Bourne being chased on rooftops in Tangier by local police...where have we seen that before? Oh yeah...in The Living Daylights, a 007 film. As well done as that act was, it lacked some originality. Overall, very good espionage film, but could have been great if the NY act had been better. Expand
  98. JohnShellabarger
    Sep 4, 2007
    Only one thing needs to be said about Bourne Ultimatum. Because it it is a big step up from the first two Bourne movies, which were incredible in their own right, this third Bourne movie is so well made and realistic that even though it is an action movie it ought to win an Academy Award for Best Picture for 2007. Makes Casino Royal and Mission Impossible look like Kindergarden
  99. G-RadAndrew
    Sep 3, 2007
    Extremely fast paced and thrilling with non-stop action. This one is the best of The Bourne series yet, including the best action movie of the summer.
  100. BJS.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Matt Damon and subject were good. Did not like the jiggly camera, half screen images, blurring, swirling, 10X real time; made me dizzy and tired.

1. Audiences will eat it up: This is a postmillennial spy-action movie pitched to a large international audience. You hardly need subtitles.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A pounding, pulsating thriller that provides an almost constant adrenaline surge for nearly two hours.
    You come out of the movie both excited and soothed, as if your body had been worked on by felt-covered drumsticks.