3.4

1. Feb 9, 2013
    The trailer for this film made it look amazing but it left and lots to be desired It's more dire then Dani its like a rape on your mind is completely confusing and one of the worst film I have ever seen ever. The film of the box is aptly named Because Belongs 6 feet under the ground where nobody can find it ever again Warning this film may cause silicides
  2. Apr 28, 2012
    What starts off as a promising film to some extent slowly but surely begins to unravel itself from that decently tied knot after the first thirty minutes. After that, it's all downhill for 'The Box'. While the premise itself is somewhat interesting (based on a 1970 short story titled "Button Button") the screenplay fails to maximise whatever potential the story might have had, insteadWhat starts off as a promising film to some extent slowly but surely begins to unravel itself from that decently tied knot after the first thirty minutes. After that, it's all downhill for 'The Box'. While the premise itself is somewhat interesting (based on a 1970 short story titled "Button Button") the screenplay fails to maximise whatever potential the story might have had, instead decides to capitalize on a plot line that is incredibly far-fetched and never makes perfect sense. Regardless, I'm sure *some* fans of the psychological thriller genre will enjoy. Expand
  3. Dec 5, 2010
    This is the WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN! MEANINGLESS, NO POINT OF VIEW WHATSOEVER, UNRELATED SCHENES AND MESSAGES AND CHARACTERS. TOTALLY WASTED MY TIME. SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY FOR B---T. THIS MOVE JUST BLUE IT! TOTAL FAILURE...

HORRIBLE! NONSENSE...What is the meaning, the plot, the point? What is the movie teaching after all? What was the message of Arlington Stewart, after all? I don't get it! Absurd!
  4. CharlieB.
    May 15, 2010
    Sucks, Cameron Diaz is OOOOOOLD,MY,GOD and she can't do drama. Down with the ship.t
  5. JoeS.
    Apr 27, 2010
    "Disconnected mess" describes this confusing piece of garbage perfectly. The first 30 mins are promising and then it all falls apart. The only reason it gets a 1 is that there has to be a lower rating for movies like Christmas with the Kranks.
  6. GeorgeP.
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fine to begin with, good premise and all, then a deterioration as the movie tackled too much, became involved with more details than it could manage, lost believability, became confusing. It left too much unanswered. A disappointment.
  7. AdamG
    Mar 11, 2010
    The movie grabs you, and keeps you interested for about 30 minutes... then comes the "twist" Save your money.
  8. RodericR.
    Dec 23, 2009
    Could have been so much better. Disjointed, odd, and a little too preachy at times. This had promise, but failed to deliver much substance. I literally laughed out loud reading the use comment that claimed the library scene was one of the best in cinema history. Are you freaking kidding me? Watch about 3 movies - at random - and you will likely find a MUCH better scene. There is nothing Could have been so much better. Disjointed, odd, and a little too preachy at times. This had promise, but failed to deliver much substance. I literally laughed out loud reading the use comment that claimed the library scene was one of the best in cinema history. Are you freaking kidding me? Watch about 3 movies - at random - and you will likely find a MUCH better scene. There is nothing in this movie that would make me seek out the writer, director, or producer to see what else they have done. It was definitely not a zero, but anyone reasonable would struggle to give it higher than a 5. Expand
  9. Dan
    Dec 8, 2009
    The only way this film could earn a positive review is if the viewer had never seen a Kubrick movie before. Shot for shot, the film steals from The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut, 2001 and even Dr. Strangelove. The plot is sci-fi nonsense overstuffed with red herrings and padded out with imagery recycled from Donnie Darko. A real snooze.
  10. ReginaF
    Nov 14, 2009
    Worst. Movie. Ever.
  11. JamieS
    Nov 11, 2009
    Worst acting I've ever seen. The accent is made it not believable. It made no sense. I felt like WTF the whole way except the beginning. The beginning was good and then it started making no sense as the movie progressed. It is worth a big fat zero. James Marsden is hot though.
  12. ReginaF
    Nov 10, 2009
    Worst. Movie. Ever.
  13. JimF
    Nov 10, 2009
    Richard Kelly takes a perfectly comprehensible, and enjoyable, "Twilight Zone" episode (from a Richard Matheson story) and extends it into an incomprehensible, sleep-inducing feasture film that isn't just oblique but distasteful. I was in the minority in not liking "Donnie Darko", but it was well-made and intelligent enough to make me hope that "The Box" might be a pleasant surprise. Richard Kelly takes a perfectly comprehensible, and enjoyable, "Twilight Zone" episode (from a Richard Matheson story) and extends it into an incomprehensible, sleep-inducing feasture film that isn't just oblique but distasteful. I was in the minority in not liking "Donnie Darko", but it was well-made and intelligent enough to make me hope that "The Box" might be a pleasant surprise. It wasn't, the main mystery being how Kelly got major studio backing for this far-out project. Expand
  14. GeeT
    Nov 9, 2009
    This was the worst movie I have ever seen. The plot seems to have been thrown together by a 5 year old. It should not be classified as a horror film, either.
  15. AdamH
    Nov 9, 2009
    Though it does stir some interesting ideas, "The Box" just has a preposterous plot, lazy pacing and in general just leaves the viewer saying "WTF" instead of creating a thinking movie worth thinking about. No, instead when you think about the movie "The Box" it just creates more issues, and unresolved questions even murkier, if that's possible.
  16. MikeMike
    Nov 9, 2009
    OK, I know this is said a lot, but this is the worst movie I have sat through in years. I now have absolutely no respect for Roger Ebert. The movie is an absolute mess. I gave it a 1 simply for a couple of cool effects. Even my teenager laughed at it. Don't even think about it.
  17. JeanB.
    Nov 7, 2009
    This is the worst movie I have ever seen. Ever. DO NOT GO SEE THIS!!
  18. BobS.
    Nov 6, 2009
    Worst movie ever seen. Made no sense and would not reccomend anyone to see this movie. HORRIBLE.

1. Reviewed by: Jordan Mintzer
    Kelly's trademark mix of sci-fi, surrealism and suburbia occasionally entertains.
  2. An artistic fiasco that cuts across genre lines and all logic to become, perhaps, an instant midnight movie.
    The Box is a mess, but it's a curiously haunting, intriguing, brain-tickling mess, and it delivers that "Donnie Darko" feeling in truckloads. Or should that be rocketloads?