The Brass Teapot

7.2

1. Apr 15, 2014
    Rising star award winner at BAFTA for the 2013 season, Juno Temple, is one of my watch-out actress after seeing her in 'Dirty Girl'. As far as I know she has not donned in a comical role so it was good to see her in this movie as one. This is the role she needed the most after all her previous roles were pretty much serious. The chemistry between her and her counterpart was excellent. TheRising star award winner at BAFTA for the 2013 season, Juno Temple, is one of my watch-out actress after seeing her in 'Dirty Girl'. As far as I know she has not donned in a comical role so it was good to see her in this movie as one. This is the role she needed the most after all her previous roles were pretty much serious. The chemistry between her and her counterpart was excellent. The direction was nice, it was her first full length venture which was adapted from her short movie of the same name.

As the movie had two young actors, story too ideally matched and looked like specially made for young viewers. This fantasy theme was largely influenced by Aladdin's 'magic lamp' except Genie. Yes the movie was about magic teapot which works differently here, we can say it was modified to suit the modern world. An engaging screenplay, which happens around a teapot throughout the movie and makes us to keep guessing.

Of course, logic does not apply here, it takes turns like what a common man does or think if he had a magic pot with him. It was all about money, the world won't work without money so the story evolves around a young couple who are thirsty for money. Like it was another perspective of money making concept that similar to 'The Wolf of Wall Street'. All the above it delivered an inspiring message that necessitated to tell for todays young generation. This movie can be watched for entertainment purpose and also for time pass.

7.5/10
  2. Jul 13, 2014
    I thought this was a fun and entertaining movie. It was something I could only imagine in real life. The story of the down and out couple, making it big for no reason if not for the teapot was cute, while all along knowing that nothing good could come of it in the long run.

1. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Jan 7, 2015
    It is apparent that Ramaa Mosley has a voice, and that The Brass Teapot is a focused, controlled piece of storytelling that displays real control.
  2. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Apr 4, 2013
    Temple and Angarano, entertaining enough, never quite sell the idea that this goodhearted couple would be so easily transformed by greed.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Abele
    Apr 4, 2013
    Without a human dimension to ground its construct, The Brass Teapot ultimately feels like an interminably stretched-out skit rather than a storybook lesson stained with blood and hurt.