8.8

1. Nov 15, 2012
    One of the most honest movies ever made, The Breakfast Club ranks with flawless social dramas such as American Beauty.
  2. Aug 11, 2010
    Very funny, interesting and awesome. I loved it, John Bender's character was great. The greatest movie based off high school in history. A movie that will always be remembered. Many references in good shows today such as simpsons, futurama, Family guy, etc.
  3. Aug 27, 2010
    most overhyped movie of all time
    THESE ARE EXTRA CHARACTERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  4. Sep 4, 2011
    The merit of the movie is that for the first time the teenager was portrayed as really is: his anxieties, insecurities, frustrations and fears were characterized in a surprising manner and with a simple and catchy language. The film makes us reflect on the consequences of poor education and as the father and mother figure is important for the balance of the teenager who somehow is thrown into a world full of doubts and insecurities accompanied with a hint of fear and frustration. Without a doubt is the definitive teen movie, being for the perfect timing, by the sharped performances or by the soundtrack of 80 years, rocked by the hit â Expand
  5. Aug 13, 2011
    Ok If you love John Hughes 80's flicks, You Will love this one. I don't really like the swearing from Bender , but it is hilarious none the less. There are some real dramatic scenes with confessions but that is what makes it real. My Favorite Character was Emilio Estevez. He is very sexy football player. That knows what he did was wrong but did it anyway. This is a life learning movie. I also don't like the fact that Bender Makes fun of Brian's life just because he is a nerd. Nothing wrong with being smart. Just remember that. But the dancing scene is fun, and the classic "Running through the halls scene" Check it out and let me know what you think of this 80s classic. Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2011
    The Breakfast Club is an incredibly vibrant coming of age story that is just so incredibly honest that you cannot help but love it. The film tells the story of five high school kids who get Saturday detention. These five are however completely different. There is the Brain (Anthony Michael Hall), The Basket Case(Ally Sheedy), The Princess (Molly Ringwald), The Athlete (Emilio Estevez) and The Criminal (Judd Nelson). Over the course of the film each and every one of them discovers something new about each other.
    It seems a little formulaic but in a way its the teen film that built the formula. John Hughes once again took a simplistic plot premise and made it so incredibly detailed and intelligent much like he did with Sixteen Candles. However the greatest part of The Breakfast Club is its tone. The tone of the film goes from dark to light in a blink of an eye, it allows for some of the character reveals to feel shocking and real at the same time. The tone allows for pure joy and fun (the iconic dance sequence) while also allowing for some utterly upsetting character moments (Judd Nelsons depiction of life in the Bender household for instance). Its a film that knows exactly what it wants to do while also making it relate-able for its target audience. In the hands of a lesser director this film would seem generic but Hughes makes it iconic while also thoroughly entertaining.
  7. Nov 9, 2011
    Hey I meant to write ten, but my computer won't let me change it. But anyways, I want you all to know that I am a struggling screenwriter in Hollywood. Actually, i was just commissioned to write a screenplay, so perhaps I won't be struggling much longer but I do want you to know that this movie made me into what I am today. This film is so moving, so influential, it inspired in me a lifelong passion for film and it made me think.
    Mainstream critics are jerks. Best movie of all time.
  8. Nov 3, 2013
    How can you not like it? I've seen it so many times and just saw it again recently and it still cracks me up. It's a freaking classic, Plain and simple.
  9. Jan 28, 2012
    I decided to review this film mainly as an excuse to see the film again (although itâ
  10. Apr 11, 2012
    The Breakfast Club is without a doubt one of the greatest films of the 80's, while the setting is of the decade, the substantial quality of the film is timeless as the plot and characters are things that normal people like you or I can imagine ourselves in or relate to, aside from that, the interaction between the characters is fun, and the actors do a great job (Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy give two of my favorite performances here). Easily recommend to everyone. Expand
  11. Mar 24, 2012
    Hughes is as contrived and caught up within his own little silly fantasies as ever, but his message that all teenagers are all the same on the inside remains one of the strongest counter-cultural propositions of its time and one of the most sincere.
  12. Jul 28, 2013
    An 80's classic! You can't help but love this movie. No it's not a masterpiece but this film is certainly a must see. It also has the best stereotypical 80's musical montage. It's realistic in a way that makes it easy for any generation to relate to. Also the Breakfast Club has a great cast that is able to bring the movie to life in a unique way.
  13. Feb 2, 2014
    "The Breakfast Club" es un clasico en el genero de peliculas para adolescentes, tuvo un buen argumento y un buen guion.Esta pelicula es entretenida, divertida e interesante, con excelentes actuaciones, especialmente la de Judd Nelson.
  14. Aug 30, 2013
    This is the story I wish I could write. I was writing a story similar to this but after I watched this movie I gave up because I could never write it as good as this. If Ferris Bueller's Day Off was the lighter side of high school with some of the dark bits, The Breakfast Club (also written by John Hughes) was the darker side of high school with some of the lighter bits. It is so dark at time dwelling into the psyche of the characters but its at the same time so incredibly funny. Each character is done so well and each has their own story arc. Brian gains some friends, Andrew learns to accept other people, Claire learns to love, Allison learns to act in society, Bender gets accepted by other people, and even the principal learns to understand that he is just like the students. My only real problem is the end of the movie for two characters. And without giving away any spoilers, it isn't really fulfilling, especially with the connection the two build in the movie, that's my opinion at least. Expand
  15. Feb 23, 2014
    The Breakfast Club focuses on the clich├ęs of every high school in the 80's, but it uses them to its advantage in this social drama. The dialogue is fresh and sharp, and many a memorable line can be quoted from this movie.
  16. Nov 16, 2013
    Won't you come see this movie. It's on netflix the greatest you know it baby. The Athlete, The Brain, The Basket Case, The Princess and The Criminal. Don't You Forget About It. When your at my house, telle me put it on. LOL. Watch the movie it's awesome.

1. Before lapsing into the land of the insipid,... John Hughes actually made a few movies that shined some light on the trials of modern adolescence. The Breakfast Club is one of them.
    From the neon-sign opening titles to the derivative angst of the dialogue, it's a touchstone of '80s pop culture, and a schizophrenic one, too.
  3. Reviewed by: Dave Kehr
    Comes to the comforting conclusion that they're just as alienated, idealistic, and vulnerable as the baby boomers of the 1960s.