The Bucket List

7.4

1. JohnW.
    Jan 11, 2008
    Normally I'm a fan of Reiner's work, as well as Freeman's. Nicholson I can take or leave; I personally feel he hasn't done a good project in a decade. This movie doesn't change my opinion of him. From their first meeting (which was contrived) to the premise (which made me wonder throughout the entire movie whether that money they spent could have been better Normally I'm a fan of Reiner's work, as well as Freeman's. Nicholson I can take or leave; I personally feel he hasn't done a good project in a decade. This movie doesn't change my opinion of him. From their first meeting (which was contrived) to the premise (which made me wonder throughout the entire movie whether that money they spent could have been better invested in medical research, at the least!) I had trouble sitting through this one. My wife liked it better, but she's not reviewing it. Expand
  2. DougT.
    Feb 20, 2008
    Seriously? You are dying and you tell you wife and kids "See ya!" just so you can get in some cheap thrills? Talk about sending a message about the pointlessness of life.
  3. WarrenR.
    Feb 23, 2008
    You'd think that a movies starring two of Hollywood's greatest wouldn't be half-bad. You'd think that if it was directed by Rob Reiner that it would be better. The bucket list will make you think wrong. A lame premise is made lamer by cheesy dialogue and plot devices, and the jokes are just plain unfunny.
  4. TJW.
    Jan 5, 2008
    I know we're only a few days in, but i'll be hard pressed to find a worse movie in 2008.
  5. BrandonS.
    Apr 26, 2008
    I feel bad for any true cancer patients going out to see this as an activity on their own bucket list.

1. You'd think the team of Rob Reiner, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman might have had the right stuff. Alas, their labored efforts fail to lift The Bucket List out of its flatlining state.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A feel-good film about death, a sitcom about mortality, "Ikiru" for meatheads. It's also a picture about two cancer patients confronting reality, and deciding how they want to spend their presumed last days, that has not an ounce of reality about it.
    Turns out The Bucket List is a meta-film, mostly about how these two legendary actors interact and what it means to be an actor in your own life.