7.6

1. Mar 6, 2011
    Once again, the critics have it all wrong. Glad we didn't rely on their rating. The movie is wonderful in every way. The only part that was over the top was the crashing of the two cars. Making a "Bucket List" is a good idea for everyone, as it is helpful to set goals and contemplate one's mortality. We will highly recommend this movie.
  2. Dec 29, 2011
    I find it kind of heartless how such a movie is dismissed as a piece of sentimental frivolity. Since when? I find it difficult to understand that this sort of movie is sentimental - it may be in parts, but that's not the point. This was about morality, about humanity, the human condition. To show you that you shouldn't blow all your life away, because of life's unpredictability. This had a meaning, a PROPER meaning, unlike other movies. I would highly recommend this movie, because when you cry during this movie, you will feel better for it. Sometimes it's good to cry, and where a movie can make you laugh and cry around the same time, there's no way you'd want to miss this. If you want a REAL sentimental pile of garbage, go check out Titanic, which in my opinion, is TOTALLY overrated. Expand
  3. Jan 13, 2012
    Truly don't understand the critics, yes some scenes were over the top: two cars crashing together, Nicholson's hairy arm after chemotherapy, etc. Truth is money can't buy you love or joy. Very touching film and worth watching, once again...what the hell critics.

1. You'd think the team of Rob Reiner, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman might have had the right stuff. Alas, their labored efforts fail to lift The Bucket List out of its flatlining state.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A feel-good film about death, a sitcom about mortality, "Ikiru" for meatheads. It's also a picture about two cancer patients confronting reality, and deciding how they want to spend their presumed last days, that has not an ounce of reality about it.
  3. Reviewed by: Julia Wallace
    Turns out The Bucket List is a meta-film, mostly about how these two legendary actors interact and what it means to be an actor in your own life.