7.6

1. Sep 5, 2014
    I saw this movie just today and I have to say this go direct into my top 10, it keeps you in front ot the screen and you really want to know so many things that at the beginning sounds creepy and are not explained it is just amazing.
    It's similar to donnie darko and shutter island, but less complicate and everything happens much faster and full of plot twists!!
    The only "bad thing" about
    this movie is the rushed ending... but if you think about it could you think about anything better as ending? Could it have a different ending? Don't really know about that.
  2. Jul 3, 2014
    I don't know why this video is reviewed hate by some critics, it's art, movies have stories, some are good and some are not, painting has stories and life has stories, music does, history has stories but remember that you can always paint and polish a turd but it will always be a turd in the end, but it still doesn't take away the fact that all art is art and it still has its styles that isn't always appealing to every ones opinion Expand
  3. Feb 21, 2014
    This is one of my most favorite movies of all time. I can't fathom what was going through the reviewers heads when they gave those scores. Looking at the user score restored some faith in people, but really? A critic review of 30 is reserved for Twilight-esque movies, not this gem.
  4. Feb 1, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I can't help but think that if the ending was more something consisting of a "big reveal" that'd show the audience who Evan really is, and everything he thought he knew about his life after killing Kailey with dynamite was a lie all along desperately created in his imagination, then the movie could've been more plausible with a severe delusional belief being the "clinical explanation" of his "time-travelling skills".

An ending like this could even be hinted at near the ending, considering that, when he had his severe "memory reconstruction" and eventual nosebleed in the bed of the clinical institution, the doctor dude at the end apparently already knew about Evan's adventures in campus, prison, and a wheelchair when the latter came to ask for the journals.

But then he travelled back to his pre-birth state and the movie ended up being metaphysical. But damn, it could've been a cool "mental movie" if something along the lines of my proposal would've been the case. Shutter Island does it, and I love that movie.
  5. Jan 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Huge indifference between the user ratings and critics ratings gives an idea how stupid the critics are really when analysing this movie .This one was a really gem of a movie, one in a thousand type, it would actually give the viewers blackouts after finishing this one. The end might not be as convincing as it could be but that don't take away the credit from the director for engaging or rather confusing our mind with such a well built movie. Expand
  6. Sep 28, 2013
    A unique and bold movie. The only possible weakness I could find was the conclusion (finale), which some people might find to abrupt or meaningless. I didn't think the finale ruined the movie and it is a surprise which makes for a twist the movie might not have otherwise had.

The movie was actually well thought through on many levels and considering the logic and story that is not an
    easy thing to accomplish. I don't think critics like fantasies, which is what this movie is.

Ultimately the movie is love story with a very strong theme and the conclusion supports that theme perfectly. In that way the conclusion works very well.

I don't the critics understand that. A lot of critics don't understand story.
  7. Aug 25, 2013
    Just like The Guardian, it's either the critics are corrputed as hell or they have something against Ashton Kutcher. I loved this movie and can hardly believe the differences in user ratings and critic ratings in The Butterfly Effect AND The Guardian.

Watch it, it's a bit complicated, but that's the point.
  8. May 4, 2013
    This movie is an amazing psychological thriller that takes you into the depths of cause and effect in no way I've ever seen before. This movie is great.
  9. Feb 24, 2013
    This is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is based on the theory that for every decision we make, an equal and opposite reaction occurs in another dimension. In this film, Ashton Kutcher's/Logan Lerman's character finds a way to enter these dimensions and make the opposite choice. This movie was so good, because the possibilities are endless. There were two sequals which I haven't seen. Normally I'm all for sequals, but this movie was so good, that I don't want to risk tarnishing it by watching the two direct to video sequals, and lets face it, they don't have Ashton in them. In The Butterfly Effect, Kutcher shows that he is versital and can do much more than just romantic comedy. This movie is a Sci-Fi lovers dream and a can't miss film! Expand
  10. Mar 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Spoilers* Some idiot who reviewed this movie said this has nothing to do with the Butterfly Effect. Um, you obviously didn't watch the movie. The whole premise is....change one thing...change everything. I think this is an very hard film to watch displaying all the terrible things these kids do and how messed up they are. It was a bit over the top, but when it comes down to it, he sacrificed himself to save everyone in the end. That part was just amazing. And I'm talking about the director's cut. If you watch the theater's cut, it is just awful. What a terrible ending. This film basically has 2 different reviews, 1/10 for the theater cut, and 10/10 for director's cut. WATCH THE DIRECTOR'S CUT. Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2012
    I just watched this movie for the 2nd time in like 8 years and i have to say now that im not 12 i can say im blown away with this movie. Gets right to the point and the screenplay has things i couldn't even imaging they are so terrible, but they are brilliant events. I want to give it a 10 because poor acting except for some good scenes between Amy Smart and Ashton, so i deduct a point there.
  12. Sep 21, 2010
    One of my favourites, its 30 on metacritic has really put me down regarding metacritic's judgement system.
    Anyway really original film, touching and in my opinion intelligently developed from start to end.
  13. Sep 8, 2010
    This movie was great, Do not believe the critics at all. I even checked, the worst critic review, he rated No Country for Old Men" and Drag Me To Hell" at 100.......the critics know nothing, this movie was very good, just make sure you watch the original, the alternate ending was not very good.

1. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    A terrific story, years in the making, that clearly stays true to the uncompromising vision of its creators. The results are on the screen.
  2. An entertaining piece of supernatural nonsense whose sheer audacity disarms all (well, nearly all) skepticism.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    This overwrought and egregiously self-serious thriller about the poisonous fruit borne of child abuse grows more ridiculous by the quarter-hour and is poised for a theatrical life span scarcely longer than that of its eponymous insect.