7.4

1. Feb 24, 2014
    Genius movie! It's funny and scary when it needs to be. My immediate thought when they arrived at the cabin was it reminded me of the Evil Dead, but not in a rip-off sort of way, more like a tip of that which is what I feel this entire movie is. I think anyone who loves a good horror movie should see this and not because of mind blowing special effects or that it's super scary but because it is an excellent homage. I loved jabs at horror cliches and how it didn't feel like a parody. I had a heard a few times it was horrible which really lowered my expectations which were far exceeded. Expand
  2. Feb 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The film starts an d you see all these drawings, some kid's got too creative? I mean what! This old guy compplains that its hard to open his draws. OH MY GOD! He then says you can't trust Swedes. Oi. Then a super sexy scene comes one where you see the main girl in panties. Ooh. Put some clothes on. The swag-mobile then comes. Oh, and he looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. I like food.Missy then says that she hopes THE ONLY ROAD is the right road, even though theres no other roads to go down. Old man cliche.. Theres then a long scene about how that old man is on speakerphone. The old men think its the funniest **** Shaggy then thinks a wolf is a moose. He never did learn any skills in Scooby Doo apart from being scared. Theres then another sexy sexy sexy scene, this time with beastiality. Shaggy then thinks puppeteers are pop tarts. *clap clap clap*. More s3xy scenes, this time with a tit cliche *Adjusts knob* **** puppet dance. The girl's head is then thrown into the main girl's hands. And that is why you should always stay clothed. INDIANA JONES MOMENT... and he's dead. A zombie arm then makes Shaggy dance. MASS MASSACRE! Then along comes the... MERMAN! Some woman having a midlife crisis then calls PBG/Shaggy a fool. Giant gods cliche then happens, but is presented very well, and makes you wonder... would you lose your life for the world? Ok. That film was amazing. Anyone might think there are cliches, but it's mainly to be self-aware, and makes fun of itself. The ending is a bit... well, it's ok., but the rest of the fiml is near perfect If you are a horror film fan, buy it. Expand
  3. Jan 25, 2014
    This movie was dreadful. Following on from watching "woman in black" and "Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter" the last two nights I was looking forward to this given all the positive reviews. I see it was meant to have funny parts but I obviously missed the clever tongue in cheek parody of the genre. I just found it very weak.
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    One of my favorite movies & directors!! I get so frustrated when people say they bailed at the start of the movie then write a review (you have to see the movie to understand it!! Common sense!) If you are not familiar with Joss Whedon or his humor you may be surprised by his ability to be witty, sarcastic & smart all at once. By the way Whedon is the creator of tv's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel & Firefly as well as movies like The Avengers & Thor. He also wrote 24 issues of Astonishing X Men in 2008. When I saw the movie on opening day I had a very vague idea of what the film was about & I'll admit the intro threw me for a serious loop. I was worried at first (I will never question Whedon again) but as always Joss delivered a horror movie full of witty humor, great characters & plot twists that were unique & not at all generic or obvious & an ending that you wont see coming (unless your a Whedon fan....) its a great movie that has earned a spot on my top 10. Its not your typical horror film & not all that scary but its got the makings of a cult classic, assuming people actually give it a chance & watch the whole film! Expand
  5. Jan 3, 2014
    what a wonderfully gory, hyper-meta, funny and surprising film this is! there is so much here to enjoy, and i'm really not one for scary movies. great performances and very clever writing and what an ending!
  6. Dec 12, 2013
    This movie is AMAZING, it recreates the whole idea of slasher film, will horror basically, ITS SO GODDAMN AWESOME, its like EvilDead meets Serinity, the film is great and worth a good sit down, 10/10
  7. Dec 4, 2013
    Consensus: "THE CABIN IN THE WOODS" is one of the best horror films of all time, is extremely original, well crafted, gore and tension. Worldwide Box Office: $66,486,080, MY RATING: 95/100 (A+)

Directed By: Drew Goddard

REVIEW: Directed by Drew Goddard and starring Fran Kranz and Kristen Connolly "The Cabin In The Woods" is the best horror film of 2012 not only for it's good
    acceptance by critics, it's for his incredible original production and plot that impact and revolutionized the horror genre. The film takes a while to start, (It's nothing interesting at 35 minutes) but is still entertaining and somewhat confusing at the same time, but there comes the second half and the film becomes very bizarre, funny and stress starts, has some very good special effects, much of the movie is in CGI and this film abuses but only when it's necessary, The Cabin In The Woods plot it's very extensive and difficult to explain that it is worth not tell it before you see the movie, well directed, so well written, full of epic moments and impressive, this film is not more of the same, is very entertaining, not bored for a single minute, and it is noteworthy in this incredible and humorous performance of Fran Kranz makes us laugh again and again non-stop with their nonsense. In most of the internet sites and also featured on the cover of the DVD, make a lot of publicity of the stupid Chris Hemsworth because is the only one of the few known actors that appears in this film, but his performance is mediocre, He doesn't appears in the middle of the film! and the film simply wouldn't be NOTHING without Fran Kranz and Kristen Connolly (the Red Haired Girl) because for me they are the two protagonists of the film because their performances are very solid. Also i have to say the performances by Richard Jenkins, Bradley Whitford, Amy Acker ARE amazing, All of them also will add a special touch to the film and fun. Moving on the last 20 minutes of the film are very intense and I recommend waiting for these worthwhile for them, definitely deserves this incredible movie rating that I give for 95/100 well deserved.

NICE: All basically, nice special effects, twists in the plot, originality, lots of comedy and tension at the same time, much gore and surprises in the last 20 minutes.

FAIL: Not much terror, there may even be more comedy than horror or both at the same time!, And history may can dislike for many people who are not fans of the genre of Horror-Comedy combined, CGI Abuse.

WATCH THIS MOVIE IF... You Passionately love the horror genre, IF YOU HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS, because seriously this movie's overcome, it is NOT overrated, If you expect many surprises and gore, also if you want to laugh occasionally. Also if you like movies like Resident Evil.

PLEASE DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE IF... You expect much fear, it's the only thing that this film lacks.

Twitter: @MemoBosque, Facebook: Guillermo Bosque Mendoza, FULL REVIEW at my Blog: www.MemoBosque.Blogpsot.Mx

Thanks
  8. Nov 29, 2013
    Although this movie wasn't meant to be much of a horror movie, it still had a great way of putting a movie together. The real twist is at the beginning. You have no idea what's going on until the end. The more you think about it, the more it makes sense.
  9. Nov 21, 2013
    Dumbest movie ever.EPIC FAIL would be just perfect to describe the nature of the movie.Pathetic mixture of horror and sci-fi genre.Location was excellent for a horror movie but all they could do is take out zombies and weird faced aliens and blood.That is not a definition of a horror movie nor is it suitable for a massacre genre movie.It does not fit in the boots of something like Identity nor for The Women in Black neither for Saw.It is an unexpected punch in the face for all of those who thought this would be good for spending 2 hours of your life.Well folks,those who did not watch this one,I demand you to stay away from it ,those of you who did,I share you sorrow Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    A horror-comedy that doesn't exactly do horror or comedy all that well. It's definitely a better comedy than it is a horror movie. There are some laugh-out-loud moments here, just not enough of them. It's not quite a spoof, but it definitely pokes fun at the horror movie genre. As far as horror goes this movie isn't scary at all. It's cool to see all of the different monsters and the bloody, gore-filled moments, but there's never a sense of fear. The movie is made decent by a great plot though.

There's a great sense of mystery to the whole thing. While watching this movie I found myself asking who were these people controlling the events? Why were they doing it? Every little reveal is a treat and that's what kept me watching. It actually makes the movie somewhat worth watching for horror buffs. In the end though some funny moments and a great plot can't hold together a horror-comedy that lacks any sort of tension or terror. There are some good things about it, and it may be worth watching as a disposable thrill, but as someone who was hopping to be scared I'm disappointed.
  11. Nov 1, 2013
    At first you think that this movie is some imitation of "The Evil Dead" with a bit of clichés, but no. It's not, not at all. It is way better. Overall, this is the best horror movie of the decade, possibly of all time. This film is the most entertaining horror movie of all time, and the craziest, most fun, most exciting, most puzzling, most jaw-dropping horror movie ever. Pure awesomeness
  12. Oct 5, 2013
    I wouldn't have watched this if it were not for my best friend's recommendation and boy was I surprised at how much fun and how fantastic this film is. So many horror cliches that it plays up well and that is the point of this project. Dark humor that both makes fun of the cliches in horror flicks while sticking to the actual horror and gore parts. Definitely recommended that you watch this!
  13. Sep 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I went to watch this with a group of friends, and I wasn't taken with it as much as they were. The storyline wasn't fantastic, neither was the acting, but it was an alright film overall as I could just about follow what was happening. Ending was awfully american (two main characters survive to the end, one doesn't shoot the other despite if they did they would have saved the world, but of course they couldn't because of feelings and though. Expand
  14. Sep 26, 2013
    I don't think that this is a great movie, by any means. Nor do I love [or hate] Whedon. But I do think that the users giving this movie scores in the red are why we can't have nice things. Specifically, I think that they're the kind of movie fans who prevent American filmmakers [as a whole] from trying crazy stuff. Sure, some crazy stuff is going to fall flat on its face. So what? This movie isn't a normal horror movie. So what? That means it deserves a zero?
    This movie messes around with the horror movie genre and its clichés in a way that's far, far more interesting than the Scream movies. If more movies like this were appreciated, even when they're modest successes like this one, then we would have more risks taken by American filmmakers and studios. And as a consequence of that, we'd have more playing around with story types, and less of Hollywood making the same crap over and over and over.
    What really makes me shudder is the idea that some users who gave this a 0 or 1 may also complain about Hollywood recycling ideas. We need movies that tear apart genres in thoughtful ways, even if they're 'popcorn movies'.
  15. Sep 15, 2013
    Everyone seems to actually like this flick. I don't get how. The story is dull, cliché; and even when you realize there's a twist, it's boring and unentertaining.
  16. Sep 8, 2013
    It starts off incredibly weak but somehow manages to get better. The plot twist is good and it features a large amount of humor and enjoyable moments. It truly is a satirical horror film, it's just too bad that it didn't work out with Valve.
  17. Aug 13, 2013
    this movie was horrible i didn't like it at all and it was the worst thing ive ever seen it was just a complete waste of time the biggest waste of 1 hour and 34 minutes i wish i could have that time back
  18. Aug 8, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rotten Tomatoes ranked this as the 34th greatest horror film ever. I don't blame them. Cabin in the woods will gain more cult following as the years go on, but after years of horrible horror flicks, The Cabin In The Woods will give you one of the greatest horror movies of all time. Just when you think it's your typical slasher flick, it takes a complete left turn down "What the hell?" lane, and I won't give away too much, but I will say this. There's a unicorn that stabs a guy. It's awesome. Expand
  19. Aug 3, 2013
    Considering that the plot in this movie didn't make any sense, and was just plain stupid Cabin in the Woods does bring some funny, sexy, and cool moments to the table. The acting was really average, the special effects were awesome, but by the end of the movie you begin to realise that the director could have done so much more with it. It starts off good then the ridiculous plot twists ruin the movie to a certain degree. I was a bit disappointed, considering I was ecpecting more, but a decent flick nonetheless. In 3 4 days after watching it you will forget most of it. Average. Expand
  20. Xon
    Jun 30, 2013
    I thought this waa Very cool horror film. It was entertaining and thrilling and scary and gross. The movie had everything I'd expect from a horror movie. As a bonus it was well acted and executed, You won't waste your time with this, but it is kind of cerebral as well, andI guesss many people aren't prepred to make the investment.
  21. Jun 30, 2013
    It was an original idea! Joss Whedon is one of the best, he always surprises us.
    And have chosen perfect actor for these parts! This movie should be awarded, 8!
  22. Jun 28, 2013
    Somewhat original, funny, and at time gruesome, the cabin in the woods is miles beyond the average horror movie, but I still felt like it could have been better. The thing the film does best is wittily send up genre conventions in a way that's funny but without resorting to a ridiculous Scary Movie level. It does this mostly through smart dialogue and its meta premise. The two lead characters are effective and you root for them to live, which is the opposite of most horror movies, and the visual effects aren't bad either. However, it's not truly that scary, and the very ending was pretty disappointing to me. Still, I recommend it due to its skewering of clichés and its humor. I liked it, just didn't love it. Expand
  23. Jun 25, 2013
    I went in this movie expecting a cheap slasher horror film, but I was having high expectations, because it has been announced in development since 2009, what I got was way too more in depth than I was barging for, this movie can't be reviewed without spoiling it, what I have to say is...SEE THE CABIN IN THE WOODS, it is different dark comedy with mystery and great visuals (hint) SEE THIS MOVIE.
  24. Jun 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why people liked this film????? It is not something more than a joke. Seriously? people under the earth send some monsters to kill people who live in the cabin for the gods??? Yeah, it is original. ORIGINAL STUPIDITY. At some points it made even laugh because i didn't want to cry of what i was watching. Thumbs to the ground. Expand
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    A film with a generic horror movie name is everything but. When I first saw the trailer for this movie I thought it was good to be another awful horror film, but the twist led by the characters played by Bradley Whitford and Richard Jenkins makes this one of the most inventive horror films I've seen in a while.
  26. Jun 9, 2013
    If you’re a fan of Josh Whedon chances are you’ll enjoy this film. It’s far from perfect but it’s unique spin on the horror genre certainly kept me entertained from start to finish.
  27. Jun 8, 2013
    One of the greatest and funniest horror films ever made, it has a great story and a powerful scenes with great visuals and exquisite acting, I am a big horror fan, this one is good, it is really good, although I was barging for something smaller and simpler, but it turned out to be way too different than expected!
  28. Jun 1, 2013
    I have really mixed feelings after watching this movie. It's sarcastic horror movie with a lot of humour things but containing some aspects of mainstream movie.
  29. May 26, 2013
    I am not sure it is because I watch films with an analytic eye, but this film felt like a mishmash of films which although not necessarily masterpieces themselves, however made a huge impact back in their day: The Cube, Truman Show, Scream. And if it had not been for the all hell breaks loose scene I would have been really wondering what the big fuss about this film was all about.
  30. May 22, 2013
    Surprisingly smart entertainment. I don't watch or like horror movies, and prompted by a friend was told I had to see it. Finally went on the ride, and by the end was blown away.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Apr 16, 2012
    A horror-movie attic sale is, in essence, exactly what Cabin in the Woods is, an attempt to exorcise the genre of its formulaic possession by stuffing the movie full of its most overused and predictable elements - and then dumping them through clever skewering.
  2. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Apr 14, 2012
    Because the first narrative is so crushingly generic (which turns out to be the point), most of the amusement derives from trying to figure out what the second one is all about. I'm not sure I ever did, but the climactic one-two punch of special-effects chaos and meta-movie chin stroking should have the fanboys trembling with delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Apr 13, 2012
    I've seen a lot of rip-offs of "The Truman Show" and a lot of rip-offs of "Scream." I guess I have to give credit to The Cabin in the Woods for ripping off both at once.