The Cat in the Hat

2.9

1. MartinL
    Apr 30, 2005
    This is most likely the worst movie I've ever seen in my life...even Mike Meyers, one of the worlds best comedians, makes a fool of himself by participating in this disaster...every single actor was horrible, the story line is horrible, the set is horrible...I think they shot it over night!
  2. Sam
    Mar 19, 2006
    It could have been a good, funny classic, with memorable lines and clean Jokes (Cough, Cough, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, cough.) but the only line that comes to mind is from Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol. "Dreadful Apparation, why do you trouble me?!?!?"
  3. Mar 9, 2012
    [Reviewing because of The Lorax] The Cat in the Hat is crap. It ruins every aspect of the beloved book, and is very annoying. The only reason this movie is not a 0 is because of Mike Myers' jokes.
  4. JakeH
    Jul 24, 2008
    this movie was full of mature themes and it wa creepy! If they want to make a film wwith a talking cat, use animation!
  5. DavidS.
    Dec 2, 2003
    This CAT needs to be submerged in its litter box. How do they make this kind of crap?
  6. Sam
    Aug 14, 2004
    Universal has disgraced the Dr. and mike myers.
  7. Steph
    Mar 7, 2005
    A terrible movie. I hated it.
  8. Sep 7, 2014
    I have a guilty pleasure for this movie. Though it's a deplorable film overall and slander to Dr. Seuss' legacy, I can't help but laugh hysterically at the movie's backwardness. It drives me to tears (both in sadness and hilarity) that Universal green-lighted this script! Who in there right mind would include sexual innuendos, references to vulgar language, and flagrant advertising in aI have a guilty pleasure for this movie. Though it's a deplorable film overall and slander to Dr. Seuss' legacy, I can't help but laugh hysterically at the movie's backwardness. It drives me to tears (both in sadness and hilarity) that Universal green-lighted this script! Who in there right mind would include sexual innuendos, references to vulgar language, and flagrant advertising in a Dr. Seuss film? Don't show this film to kids; it's borderline PG-13. However if you can get this dirt cheap (less than $5, but that's still asking a lot), it's good fun to berate this film with friends. Expand
  9. Feb 19, 2011
    This may seem like a kids movie but I was surprised with the amount of mature humor in the movie, and the story is stupid, and the characters are terrible, this is a movie you want to avoid.
  10. Mar 1, 2012
    I've been watching the same "Cat in the Hat" over a million times and I hated the film so much. I don't know how come this is a PG-rated of mature content for fans of Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo. But if you ever want to see The Cat in the Hat, I suggest you watch the original TV animated classic or just read to the kids for the classic book that I truly liked. The Grinch was half-good,I've been watching the same "Cat in the Hat" over a million times and I hated the film so much. I don't know how come this is a PG-rated of mature content for fans of Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo. But if you ever want to see The Cat in the Hat, I suggest you watch the original TV animated classic or just read to the kids for the classic book that I truly liked. The Grinch was half-good, Horton Hears a Who! was my favorite and hopefully, I wish they could make a movie on Green Eggs and Ham and Hop on Pop! But "The Cat in the Hat" is rated A for awful and D as in died of family entertainment. Expand
  11. L.G.
    Dec 5, 2003
    UGH. Why was this piece of garbage #1 at the box office TWO weeks in a row??!! Are people that stupid and misinformed? Thanks for telling Hollywood you want more of this awful garbage! Mike Myers is a whore and a tool for whom I have lost all respect.
  12. DavidC.
    Mar 5, 2005
    The worst kids movie I have seen in years.
  13. BarryBrown
    Nov 30, 2003
    Possibly one of the worst productions ever made. Enough said.
  14. LarryLoosest
    Dec 1, 2003
    This CAT used up all of its nine lives on opening weekend. Time to cremate this turkey. Ouch!
  15. Howard
    Nov 25, 2003
    What a piece of crapola?
  16. RachelR.
    Dec 2, 2003
    This may have been the worst movie ever made for children. My kids actually fell asleep watching. They were the lucky ones as I had to watch this terrible excuse for a movie. If you have to go take NoDose before you enter the theater. Just horrible.
  17. Aug 2, 2013
    Bo Welch never directed a film before in his life, and will never direct again because this film killed his directing career before it really started. If you're going to make a Dr. Seuss film, Hollywood, at least make the message clear and the visual style resemble the book. That's the LEAST you can do, AND GET A REAL DIRECTOR, NOT A PRODUCTION DESIGNER!!!!

And second, DON'T EXTEND THE

And second, DON'T EXTEND THE PLOT OF THE MOVIE. STICK TO THE CENTRE OF WHAT MADE THE ORIGINAL CAT IN THE HAT BOOK GREAT: GREAT DRAWINGS, GREAT MESSAGE THAT RULE BREAKING IS OKAY AS LONG AS IT NEVER GOES TOO FAR, MODERATE IT. KEEP THE MESSAGE FOCUSED AND CLEAR IF YOU'RE DEMANDING A LONGER MOVIE. DON'T WRITE PENIS INNUENDO JOKES INTO THE FILM. THAT'S NOT KIDS STUFF.

If you want to see a GOOD Dr. Seuss film, see Horton Hears A Who.
  18. Mar 8, 2014
    The film is an utterly dull and disappointing adaptation of the book. The themes are too mature for kids, the dialogue was crap, and it really was an abomination.
  19. CareyG.
    Dec 4, 2003
    Please tell me that I didn't see what I thought I watched? This was so bad that it takes B movies to a new all time low. How can a studio not see that this CAT regurgitated all over the audience? Possibly one of the worst movies ever made. Even the children hated it.
  20. WinstonChurchill
    Jan 10, 2004
    The most vile, appaling, worthless, and disgusting piece of crap i have ever seen. as a young kid, i always loved the book. now just as the onion said, kids wont remember cat in the hat as that fun character from a delightful very young childrens book, but that creature mike myers played. how could he ever succumb? they must of paId him A LOT for this one.
  21. KrisD.
    Jan 2, 2004
    I was looking forward to seeing this movie because the hilarious Mike Myers was in it, but I believe the movie was not suited for him. Where are the CAT IN THE HAT rhymes? Some scenes were hilarious, but it had the potential to be MUCH better!
  22. Kpretty
    Jan 23, 2004
    I felt personally offended by this movie. It is not very often that there is a movie out for younger children to see and I love to take my son to the movies. I was so thankful that he was not a year or two older and able to catch the horrible language and humor that for some reason beyond me was added into this "childrens storybook" film!
  23. Z.A.
    Mar 20, 2004
    OMG!
  24. GManter
    Mar 20, 2004
    Scored 0.1 for the hat. Otherwise a hollywood desecration. Another instance of corporate greed, vomiting on a piece of innocence.
  25. TreyS.
    Aug 21, 2005
    It was one of the most horrible, disgusting, incoherent, and juvinille films ever made. The humor was way too mature for little kids, all the actors were acting as if they wanted to be bad. Mike should be ashamed of himself for doing this and I bet he's unbeleivably embarressed just to remember saying "yes" to playing the cat. You cannot, I repeat cannot, make a movie about a book It was one of the most horrible, disgusting, incoherent, and juvinille films ever made. The humor was way too mature for little kids, all the actors were acting as if they wanted to be bad. Mike should be ashamed of himself for doing this and I bet he's unbeleivably embarressed just to remember saying "yes" to playing the cat. You cannot, I repeat cannot, make a movie about a book with at least 4 sentances on each page, and have it a comedy. Shame on you Mike, Alec, and Dakota for being in a movie this bad with talent as good as yours. Expand
  26. StabsM
    Sep 4, 2008
    Thank you, Mike Myers, for destroying a little piece of my childhood.
  27. MarkK
    Feb 12, 2009
    Dr. Suess must be turning in his grave!
  28. OscarP
    Feb 3, 2009
    Not enjoyable at all,it's a mockery to the average film these days,but since it was developed in the 2003...il spare the 1...(horrible movie in total)
  29. DevinB.
    Nov 21, 2003
    An utterly horrid, apocalyptically misconscieved posthumous raping of Dr. Suess' corpse.
  30. MovieFan
    Nov 24, 2003
    I'm a twenty one year old black belt martial artist who has been robbed, held at gunpoint, stabbed in the forearm, in numerous car crashes where close friends have died, and i've even been caught in a fire... but Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat is the first thing that has ever scared me, in my entire life. i've had nightmares, i panic when the comercials come on tv, and iI'm a twenty one year old black belt martial artist who has been robbed, held at gunpoint, stabbed in the forearm, in numerous car crashes where close friends have died, and i've even been caught in a fire... but Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat is the first thing that has ever scared me, in my entire life. i've had nightmares, i panic when the comercials come on tv, and i think i am scared for life. please don't see this movie. i really think he's going to kill us. Expand
  31. GabeS.
    Nov 28, 2003
    What crack addict made this movie??
  32. DeonT.
    Nov 29, 2003
    I knew I was allergic to CATS. Watching this was like swallowing a fur ball. Just awful.
  33. Dr.Steve
    Dec 11, 2003
    I saw this one with my wife and six year old son. How very un-Seussian it was! My biggest disappointment was that many things were in the movie which were simply not in the spirit of Dr. Seuss, such as the sometimes bawdy humor and moments of mean-spiritedness (e.g., the boy saying "I wish you weren't my mom!") Also, the joyful rhymes of Dr. Seuss were not only missing, but were I saw this one with my wife and six year old son. How very un-Seussian it was! My biggest disappointment was that many things were in the movie which were simply not in the spirit of Dr. Seuss, such as the sometimes bawdy humor and moments of mean-spiritedness (e.g., the boy saying "I wish you weren't my mom!") Also, the joyful rhymes of Dr. Seuss were not only missing, but were criticized. Certain things from the book were missing. Where, oh where, was the moss covered three-handled family grudunza? The saddest thing, though, is that this movie actually could have been pretty good. Visually, it brought the world of Dr. Suess to life very well. There were some genuinely funny moments and I thought Mike Meyers made a fine Cat in the Hat. Leave out all the crap the so-called writers injected in hopes that adults would enjoy it more, and it would have been a far better picture. Expand
  34. UnbearableLightness
    Dec 10, 2003
    This movie was excruciatingly bad. I could have written a more complex plot in 5 minutes. Mike Meyers should have his acting license banned. His "cat" was a bad mixture of: Cowardly Lion, Fat Bastard, recycled Carrey as Grinch, and that annoying squeal you hear when you try to start your engine when it's already running. "Oh yeah!!!' It blows.
  35. KIMI.
    Dec 13, 2003
    Please! Excuse me, but I was under the impression the idea was to bring the book to life on screen. What actually happened here was the theft of a character from a book. Looks to me like someone thought they could do Cat in the hat better than the author! A word of advice, Get over yourself! The saddest thing of all is that in their greedy attempt to make a quick, cheap, cash machine. Please! Excuse me, but I was under the impression the idea was to bring the book to life on screen. What actually happened here was the theft of a character from a book. Looks to me like someone thought they could do Cat in the hat better than the author! A word of advice, Get over yourself! The saddest thing of all is that in their greedy attempt to make a quick, cheap, cash machine. They over looked a fortune in the originality of the character! So Jim Carrey I would say to you, " The Block Buster is there for the taking" The Block Buster will be the only thing to erase this truly upsetting experience in the Hall of Shame, out of our sight and minds! Kim Inman Pontotoc, Ms Expand
  36. ScottE.
    Dec 19, 2003
    My parents, who usually are easily amused at the spectacle of moviemaking, received two free tickets to see this abomination of a film. After speaking with them a few days after they saw this movie, my dad responded: "That movie was worth about half what we paid for it." 'Nuff said. This movie is probably in competition with "The Grinch" as quite possibly the worst holiday movie ever My parents, who usually are easily amused at the spectacle of moviemaking, received two free tickets to see this abomination of a film. After speaking with them a few days after they saw this movie, my dad responded: "That movie was worth about half what we paid for it." 'Nuff said. This movie is probably in competition with "The Grinch" as quite possibly the worst holiday movie ever made. Why would the director and producer take a short children's book and try to make it into a full-length Hollywood movie? Please stop going to the theaters to watch this embarassment so that this film endures a quick, painless death before it goes straight to video, folks. Expand
  37. ValK.
    Dec 2, 2003
    I love animals but this is one cat that needs to be skinned. How did they make this trash? If this is the number one movie in America then I have a pet rock I would like to sell you. Oh, that has already happened hasn't it? It's back. If it looks like it, feels like, tastes like it, boy am I glad that I did not step in it. Oh I did that too.
  38. JohnA.
    Dec 23, 2003
    Mike Myers should be ashamed to be associated with this piece of dreck. Horrible, absolutely horrible. There is a reason Dr. Seuss books are short, easy to understand and for children. Making a full, feature length movie out of one is absolutely stupid.
  39. JohnM.
    Dec 25, 2003
    It's many, many other offenses aside - has anyone noticed that Myers looks nothing at all like the cat drawn by Seuss?
  40. TarmaR.III
    Dec 3, 2003
    Okay...uh,is this the same old thing??
  41. Jamalj.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Jamal says Mr. Wiggles don't know jack about the Cat. It sucked big time. Anyone who could give this movie a perfect score should be dipped in the litter box of the Cat that made this Hat. Meow Mr. Wiggles better stick to your day job.
  42. HillaryP.
    Jan 25, 2004
    I thought the producers did a good job of Lengthening the storyline, but I had huge expectations for this that were highly let down.
  43. KevinM.
    Mar 17, 2004
    A filthy piece of garbage!
  44. LilyP.
    Mar 21, 2004
    I baby-sit a pair of two year old twins, so when i heard that their all-time favorite book was going to be adapted to video i was thrilled. What could go wrong? Well, let me tell you, a lot could go wrong. First of all, the plot had all these "modern" twists. Who ever heard of the beloved cat in the hat talking about hoe's? And secondly, once you think about if, the cat in the I baby-sit a pair of two year old twins, so when i heard that their all-time favorite book was going to be adapted to video i was thrilled. What could go wrong? Well, let me tell you, a lot could go wrong. First of all, the plot had all these "modern" twists. Who ever heard of the beloved cat in the hat talking about hoe's? And secondly, once you think about if, the cat in the hat's plot just doesn't make for a good movie. The plot was so basic, fine for a childrens book, but for a mike Myers movie? Nah. Didn't work. So as you can see, i thought this movie was a waste of time and money. Expand
  45. GregP.
    Mar 25, 2004
    Have to admit, I was dragged by my sister into the theater one night to watch this movie, and I liked it. Then again I think I was drunk that night, and then again, I think my sister was actually my pet monkey Skeeter.
  46. MichaelC.
    Apr 14, 2004
    I didn't actually make it through this, I caught about a half hour or so. I just REALLY REALLY HATE Mike Myers, and wish his career would've ended the moment before Austin Powers 1 went into production.
  47. AlwaysRight
    May 24, 2007
    This is the most awful movie I've ever seen. The only people i can see enjoying this movie is 0.01% of adults and 0% of kids. How can it be for children? Its perverted. How can it be for adults? its rediculous. Anyone who gives it a good score is deaf and blind. One guy said it reminded him of his childhood. Dude, if dirty hoes and cats talking about sex remind you of your childhood, This is the most awful movie I've ever seen. The only people i can see enjoying this movie is 0.01% of adults and 0% of kids. How can it be for children? Its perverted. How can it be for adults? its rediculous. Anyone who gives it a good score is deaf and blind. One guy said it reminded him of his childhood. Dude, if dirty hoes and cats talking about sex remind you of your childhood, you are one sad individual. And the worst part is, some of these "adult jokes" don't even go over kids' heads. I'm sure most kids have heard of the B**** word, and when the cat screamed it out right as the bleeper went on, thats totally obvious. Sick and wrong. DON"T LET YOUR KIDS SEE THIS MOVIE! Expand
  48. xyz
    Feb 14, 2009
    Alec Baldwin picking at his belly button lint, Enough Said!
  49. J.Morphee
    Nov 21, 2003
    Simply put, a Horrible Mess.
  50. Bobh.
    Nov 22, 2003
    Mike Myers, shame on you. This guy reportedly pushed his own comic opinions on the other actors and the director, so he deserves all the blame. Horrible. Good lord. Making a kid sit through this intelligence-insulting drek is child abuse.
  51. RobertM.
    Nov 22, 2003
    Dr. Suess it isn't and funny it's not, But it is just the thing to cause some brain rot! Read the great book and verify this is trash, It only was filmed to make heaps of cash! With a joke about "ho's" and the "S" word and pee, We all want to know how this crap came to be! Mike Myers should stick to Powers and Shrek If he ever makes "Green Eggs" I know I'll be sick!
  52. JoeyM.
    Nov 22, 2003
    The bad news is that this movie is just as bad as everyone says it is. The worse news is that my $9 will go to telling Hollywood to make more of the same since I apparently don't trust anyone else's opinion on films other than my own. I fear that we will be seeing Adam Sandler in "Green Eggs and Ham" and Rob Schneider as "The Lorax" during future holiday seasons because we paid The bad news is that this movie is just as bad as everyone says it is. The worse news is that my $9 will go to telling Hollywood to make more of the same since I apparently don't trust anyone else's opinion on films other than my own. I fear that we will be seeing Adam Sandler in "Green Eggs and Ham" and Rob Schneider as "The Lorax" during future holiday seasons because we paid money to see this and "Grinch." We have nobody to blame but ourselves. Expand
  53. MarkJ.
    Nov 23, 2003
    I guess there are two versions of this film...that's the only explanation for some reviewers that gave it a rating of 9 or 10.
  54. KatieP.
    Nov 23, 2003
    I didn't really enjoy this movie that much. I did like Gothika though.
  55. PatC.
    Nov 24, 2003
    Was there a plot? I left the theatre in a coma. Nominal human responses not restored for an hour. Toxic to intelligence and memory functions. I give it a 1 for da piddy culas.
  56. KimberlyM.
    Nov 27, 2003
    I was going to take my third grade class to see this movie. I sure am glad that I went to see it first! I changed my mind quick! The set of the movie was cool, but they took the "humor" much too far.
  57. AlexL.
    Nov 30, 2003
    It got 16. It is bad. please don't see the movie.
  58. AlyssaS.
    Dec 14, 2003
    This show was changed and is not like the original story of The Cat in the Hat. They have changed this movie where it is not even good for kids to watch. I think that this show is not the kind of show that you would want your kids to see. It is not even decent enough for adults to watch it. I think that this show was a waste of film.
  59. BunifaJ.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Oh no, you has to be trippin right herre. I aint neva seen a movie more baddest den dis one. Oh yea, I did see Da Grinch and dat was ten timez wurse den dis peace of doggie style crap.
  60. NinjaMafia
    Dec 30, 2003
    This film is utterly disgusting. I was actually thinking that, hey, the movie critics could be wrong about this movie, they were on Equilibrium. Then I heard actual people talking about how crappy this movie was. I was pretty convinced after a week since it was out that it sucked, horribly. So what possessed me to see this film? Okay, I have this theatre in my town. 1.99 for one ticket. I This film is utterly disgusting. I was actually thinking that, hey, the movie critics could be wrong about this movie, they were on Equilibrium. Then I heard actual people talking about how crappy this movie was. I was pretty convinced after a week since it was out that it sucked, horribly. So what possessed me to see this film? Okay, I have this theatre in my town. 1.99 for one ticket. I was extremely bored one day so I decided to go to that theatre to see a movie. I had already seen everything they were playing except for the Cat in the Hat. I decide, hell why not, it might be good, besides, its only 2 dollars. I feel extremely ripped off, that's how bad this movie is. Okay, if you don't know the cat in the hat's plot I suggest you go get a life or maybe end it. The cat in the hat is a story everyone knows. The thing is is that they screwed up such a basic story that it leads me to wonder if they actually read the book. The jokes in this movie were just horrible. Okay, I did laugh a few times, kind of. The thing is is that the jokes were crude and unfitting of this movie. If you want a family film everyone can enjoy, try to put humor in their that is non offensve and funny at the same time, I can think of a few ways you could do that. Mike Meyers plays a horrible cat. He kept on sonding like Doctor Evil or Austin Powers. Maybne that is just how I interpret him. The classic Dr. Suess rhyming was kept at such a minimum that it lead me to beleive who ever wrote the script is in need of an imagination. This movie should have aimed for young children, instead, they decided they should aim it at every age group and then fail horribly. The Cat in the Hat is one of the worst book to movie adaption ever, and also one of the worst movioes of the year (beat only by Gigli, From Justin to Kelly, and Malibus Most Wanted). Expand
  61. NinjaMafia
    Dec 30, 2003
  62. DudleyR.
    Dec 6, 2003
    Waco, you are wacko if you gave this movie a 6? It may be the worst flick ever made. This is one cat that needs to be skinned, quartered, neutered and have a can tied to its tail. Possibly one of the worst films I have ever seen.
  63. Goliath
    Dec 9, 2003
    What the hell was this as I feel as if I swallowed a hair ball? This really sucked big time.
  64. CsM.
    Dec 12, 2004
    I had to close my daughters ears during parts of this sex-crazed cats lines!
  65. SarahB.
    Apr 26, 2004
    Okay, for one: I love Dakota Fanning! She is adorable and a good actress, especially for being so young, but they make her into a goody-two-shoes, bratty suck-up! Also, I never actually made it through the whole movie on account of my stupid ex-boyfriend called, and I'd rather listen to him beg for me back then watch this awful movie.
  66. BonehoC.
    Apr 16, 2006
    The most controvsial film ever made. I watched a lot of this on telivison, hopefully to find something to laugh at...and the whole time I keep pressing the Info button on the remote to see if it really is PG. These jokes don't even fly over the kids' heads. They're in your face kind of humor. And the story! Two kids are trying to stop their mom from marrying the The most controvsial film ever made. I watched a lot of this on telivison, hopefully to find something to laugh at...and the whole time I keep pressing the Info button on the remote to see if it really is PG. These jokes don't even fly over the kids' heads. They're in your face kind of humor. And the story! Two kids are trying to stop their mom from marrying the world's biggest jerk, who wants to punish the boy and send him off to military school and some crap like that... It's terrfying. Expand
  67. JeremyE.
    Apr 18, 2006
    Spicegirls is no longer the worst movie ever made.
  68. SamuelL.
    Jun 13, 2006
    The combination of an arguably classic children's book with risque adult humor, anarchistic Shrek-esque children's humor, gratuitous cheesy content, and screaming in your ear for the next 45 minutes results in a uniquely abominable extravaganza that just doesn't seem to work (and really shouldn't in the first place.) Please spare yourself and your children. Don't The combination of an arguably classic children's book with risque adult humor, anarchistic Shrek-esque children's humor, gratuitous cheesy content, and screaming in your ear for the next 45 minutes results in a uniquely abominable extravaganza that just doesn't seem to work (and really shouldn't in the first place.) Please spare yourself and your children. Don't see this movie. Expand
  69. CodyM.
    Apr 16, 2007
    If Dr. Seuss was still alive to see this, he would shoot everyone in Universal Studios and then himself. This is truly the biggest loogie spat in the proud punch bowl of Mike Myers and the cinematic world. The worst part is the humor. I can see why a lot of people would think it's immature, but that's not why I hate it, it's more because they're only "trying" to be funny.
  70. SkyeB.
    Feb 13, 2009
    I would've given this a zero, except for Dakota Fanning. This movie is an unforgivable insult to Dr. Seuss and if he was here to see this film he would give up writing in order to hunt down and murder the writers, director and Mike Myers. Preferably by slow, painful, bloody methods, such as draw-and-quartering, disembowlment, and/or stabbing in non-vital but painful areas that would I would've given this a zero, except for Dakota Fanning. This movie is an unforgivable insult to Dr. Seuss and if he was here to see this film he would give up writing in order to hunt down and murder the writers, director and Mike Myers. Preferably by slow, painful, bloody methods, such as draw-and-quartering, disembowlment, and/or stabbing in non-vital but painful areas that would eventually lead to death by bloodloss. Expand
  71. BenjaminS.
    Nov 21, 2003
    A shockingly wonderful film that reminded me of a poem by Alan Ginsburg, "Howl." Well done, all of you.
  72. TionaA.
    Nov 23, 2003
    Garbage. Enough said, Waste of $10.
    Nov 29, 2003
    By far the WORST movie I have ever seen!
  74. May 30, 2011
    This is one of the worst films I have ever seen. I would go as far as saying that I actually hate it. It is contemptuous of it's audience, inappropriate and crude. Any parent who allows their child to watch this should be locked up.
  75. Aug 9, 2011
    The worst thing Mike Myers has ever done. This **** is **** messed up I want to **** **** up every **** who was involved in this **** What **** **** would destroy such a **** good Seuss tale? What's the next? The ****in **** Lorax?!
  76. Nov 13, 2011
    The set direction in this feature looks lively and pretty accurate to bring the world of Dr.Seuss' The Cat in the Hat come to life, while everything else falls completely flat with excruciating execution and irritating acting. The Cat in the Hat was one of the worst kids films I have even seen with crude humour that only had a couple of joke that were funny, but not in a film based on aThe set direction in this feature looks lively and pretty accurate to bring the world of Dr.Seuss' The Cat in the Hat come to life, while everything else falls completely flat with excruciating execution and irritating acting. The Cat in the Hat was one of the worst kids films I have even seen with crude humour that only had a couple of joke that were funny, but not in a film based on a Dr.Seuss creation. Sometimes I wonder who had chosen Mike Myers to play as the Cat. He didn't portray as Dr.Seuss' iconic character through my eyes and was more like himself in a cat costume. The Cat in the Hat becoming a full feature film totally blows, you might as well read the original book that everyone knows. Expand
  77. Nov 15, 2012
    This next exploitation of Dr. Seuss' work may be even worse than the first- and that's saying something.
  78. Apr 22, 2013
    I can't put it any other way, this movie just plain sucks. I mean who openly advertises during a movie? That's not funny, I mean other people who advertise products in a movie have those ads hidden, like a Coke sign on a grocery shop. And Mike Meyers, really? I expected more from you. Racist, sexist, and cliche jokes throughout a movie does not make this funny, it just makes like FamilyI can't put it any other way, this movie just plain sucks. I mean who openly advertises during a movie? That's not funny, I mean other people who advertise products in a movie have those ads hidden, like a Coke sign on a grocery shop. And Mike Meyers, really? I expected more from you. Racist, sexist, and cliche jokes throughout a movie does not make this funny, it just makes like Family Guy. For a second thought, why was Alec Baldwin the evil guy in this movie? He's usually this warmhearted person who usually helps out the good guy. The only way he ties into this movie as the evil neighbor is the fact that he's in love with the children's mom. The only reason this score isn't a flat out 0 is because there was one funny joke. One! 1/10 Expand
  79. Oct 13, 2013
    huh???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  80. Nov 6, 2013
    This movie made me cry as a kid. This movie really, really sucked. I hope I never see this movie again. What were the producers thinking? Why would Dr. Seuss allow this garbage into the works? WHY???
  81. Dec 29, 2013
    THE worst Dr. Seuss adaption I have ever seen in my life. Thanks Universal for ruining a classic beloved character. The story line was beyond awful and made no sense. Mike Myers was creepy and the kids were just obnoxious. Probably the worst thing I've ever seen and am forever disgraced for doing so.
  82. Sep 14, 2014
    This movie is an abomination, pure and simple. From the dirty references (The scene with the Cat, and the mom's picture anyone?), to the trashing of the original plot, it's obvious this project was doomed from the start.
  83. Jan 13, 2015
    One of the worst movies of our generation, it takes every charming moment out of the original book and throws it out the window, ultimate torture for your kids, the perfect treatment for misbehaving children.
  84. Jun 12, 2015
    This is by far the worst film of all time the gags are awful and way to inappropriate for children but if they were well executed i wouldn't have minded the inappropriate gags also everyone in this film is awful the performances ranged from bored to complete **** also this movie has some of the worst written dialogue i have ever heard
    Verdict:cancer is better
  85. Aug 14, 2015
    This was best what they could do? at this point i wasnt satisfied even in 2015 or any time period i rather watch a movie from 90's but not this jokes are terrible nothing really gives this movie anything at all

Overwhelming dislike - based on 37 Critics

1. Comes scarily close to being the most unendurable Hollywood creation of the last dozen years.
  2. Such a remarkable rift between its charming source material and its heinous cinematic realization that the producers may as well have skipped the hassle of securing licensing rights and simply called this mess Mike Myers: A--hole in Fur.
  3. Someone (Myers?) came up with the bright idea of turning the Cat in the Hat into the worst Vegas nightclub spritzer of 1958. He's become a furry version of Rip Taylor: a walking, talking vaudeville idiot box.