The Cave

6.4

1. JGarrett
    Aug 28, 2005
    You have to enter the theatre with low expectations. If you go into the movie expecting "Jaws", well you are not going to be happy. I thought The Cave was great movie. Computer graphics. Visually appealing, the creatures could had more detail. I enjoyed the cast. The writers could be shot for some VERY bad dialogue in spots to make the female rock climber sound like a stereotypical surfer You have to enter the theatre with low expectations. If you go into the movie expecting "Jaws", well you are not going to be happy. I thought The Cave was great movie. Computer graphics. Visually appealing, the creatures could had more detail. I enjoyed the cast. The writers could be shot for some VERY bad dialogue in spots to make the female rock climber sound like a stereotypical surfer which she was not. Also, a bad one liner they gave Morris Chestnutt. Overall, I love it. My best friend and I screamed, laughed, wished a couple of cast members characters dead. (Our wish did come true.) What more can a girl ask. P.S. For the ladies, the male cast members are hunks. The eye candy is enough to get you into the theatre. Expand
  2. JWright
    Sep 3, 2005
    I saw this movie this morning and thought it was an all good round movie good ending to lead onto the cave 2 cant wait!
  3. KeenanS.
    Jul 22, 2009
    While this film will never compare to The Descent, it's honestly not a bad monster flick. It was pretty entertaining as a whole even if the storyline and acting lousy. It makes up for these mistakes with lots of monster mayhem and action sequences topped off with beautiful set pieces and wonderful music. This film is a perfect rental and serves as good popcorn entertainment for a While this film will never compare to The Descent, it's honestly not a bad monster flick. It was pretty entertaining as a whole even if the storyline and acting lousy. It makes up for these mistakes with lots of monster mayhem and action sequences topped off with beautiful set pieces and wonderful music. This film is a perfect rental and serves as good popcorn entertainment for a late-night horror film. Expand
  4. EdwardV.
    Feb 17, 2006
    I put off watching this movie for several weeks because of the bad reviews on here, but am glad i finally broke down and rented it. It is a great suspense/survival thriller with good acting throughout....much, much better than I expected. I am thoroughly enjoying it! Sometimes I think full-time movie reviewers watch too many movies for their own good.
  5. bazuden
    May 16, 2008
    Fun movie to watch. Nothing groundbreaking, but good enough t soak up a rainy Sunday. Better than The Descent, I say!
  6. Jul 17, 2016
    No, the movie is not original, yes the characters are all cliché and yes some of the special effects are questionable but, the acting was good, the practical effects were well made and the movie was entertaining.It's not a particularly good movie, but it's not a bad one either.It's an entertaining horror movie to watch on a friday night.
  7. Apr 13, 2016
    Well for me that wasn't a bad watch, it had a good story although I think that there was room to improve with more detail.

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1890-The-Cave

Despite the striking underwater photography and production values, much of this feels like Alien: Stalagmite Edition. But if it isn't original, The Cave does demonstrate that you can always elevate threadbare material by keeping your ambitions modest.
  2. A bottomless pit of lame characters, horror-film cliches and improbable monsters.
  3. The writers supply character traits that seem to point toward a pay-off but never reach one. People all end up as tight-lipped, indistinguishable automatons who plummet 50 feet down jagged rocks with scarcely a scratch.