8.8

1. Oct 15, 2013
    Christophe Barratier brings us a great masterpiece from French cinema. When I watched this film I was 14 years old and "Les choristes" was my first independent film. Later, I became a good cinephile. "Les choristes", like "La vita bella", is a kind movie that it give spectator a dose of joy and optimism. The score is a song to sensitive, a great score by Bruno Coulais. I don't understand why this film has such a low note by experts. Expand
  2. Jan 27, 2012
    One of my favorite films! Good actors, beautiful music, moving story with heartful characters in a perfectly-depicted after-war France, all is just perfect in this film! One of the few film where music itself is as much of a protagonist of the story as the characters.

1. A runaway hit in France last year and the country's official Oscar entry, is a well-nigh irresistible film celebrating the redemptive power of music.
  2. An appealing lead performance from its leading man and a wonderfully sentimental, if overly familiar, story line are the chief virtues of this French drama, a huge success in its native country.
  3. Reviewed by: Lisa Nesselson
    No stereotype is left unheralded and no heartstring left untugged in this freely adapted remake of Jean Dreville's mostly forgotten "La cage aux rossignols"