5.7

1. Feb 9, 2011
    I may not be a Christian, but that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy this movie. Definitely one of the best flicks of 2005. Very LOTR-esque, but better! I have very fond memories of watching this in theaters.
  2. Feb 24, 2013
    I love when they take a favorite childhood story of mine and adapt it to the big screen. I am always a little weary when it's Disney thou. You never know what Disney is going to do with it, however in the case of The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe, is a homerun. They didn't shorten this film into some hour and a half movie about love. They took their time and told the story as it was meantI love when they take a favorite childhood story of mine and adapt it to the big screen. I am always a little weary when it's Disney thou. You never know what Disney is going to do with it, however in the case of The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe, is a homerun. They didn't shorten this film into some hour and a half movie about love. They took their time and told the story as it was meant to be told. All the kids were new to the big screen and were terrific. It's a classic tale that is over 60 years old and it's as fresh and relevant today as it was then. Two big thumbs up for the first of the Narnia tales, personally I hope they make all seven of them into feature films! Expand
  3. terryt
    Dec 27, 2006
    Our family all read the book concurrently and then went to see the film. What a rich experience only enjoyed if the book is read first. In an era of instant gratification and a lack of discipline, this was a refreshing piece of entertainment on a different level.
  4. LouisH.
    Mar 21, 2007
    INCREDIBLE!!!!! One of the best fantasy films in history! After reading the books, and seeing the trailer, I was one of the first to appear at its premier. I love this movie, it is definitely worth seeing and buying.
  5. Oct 13, 2010
    Okay. anyone who hates this movie are taking things way too seriously. first, some of you hated the second Harry Potter movie and you gave the same score like this one? guys, what the heck? THIS MOVIE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!! the characters were supporting, the storyline was great, and the source material is brilliant which makes this movie a top-notch fantasy adventure movie for fans of Narnia.
  6. Mar 3, 2011
    This movie is the 2nd best in the series, not only is it a good series opener, it would be a good closer too, but they did not make it like that. I liked all the war action and stuff
  7. Michelle
    Dec 10, 2005
    I loved it! I was in tears for almost the last half of the movie. I'm so glad one of my favorite stories made it onto the big screen.
  8. FederS.
    Dec 10, 2005
    Amazing, is like a new myth.
  9. ChaseP.
    Dec 10, 2005
    I loved the movie. It is the best movie of the year!!!! I cant wait for the rest of them to come out!! I liked the books, but I love the movie!!! Thanks Andrew Anderson!!!
  10. neckyb.
    Dec 20, 2005
    It was great!
  11. AlfonsoL.
    Jan 7, 2006
    Aun no he leido los libros, y aunque sencilla, la pelicula me parece bastante entretenida, la vi 2 veces (como con 15 dias de diferencia) y mantuve el interes en ambas oportunidades.
  12. Kumar
    Apr 1, 2006
    An amzing adaption that will delight fans and non-fans alike. I especially enjoyed Liam Neeson's vocie talents as Aslan.
  13. JoshD.
    Apr 10, 2006
    What is wrong with you people for voting low? Do you not have any sense of appreciation for true quality movies? Most of the bad ratings are probably from people who laugh at vomit jokes. My 7 yo nephew, my mother and father and I all enjoyed this movie. It was not the best film I've ever seen, but it was a solid 8.
  14. YonatanJ.
    Dec 11, 2005
    For anyone who grew up loving the book, this film does not disappoint. Brilliantly acted, with seamless special effects, the film faithfully adheres to the classic tale and, in some areas, improves upon it (or at least improves the movie experience through occasional elaboration). It is hard to imagine how this wonderful book could have been made into a better movie. My 5-year old son was For anyone who grew up loving the book, this film does not disappoint. Brilliantly acted, with seamless special effects, the film faithfully adheres to the classic tale and, in some areas, improves upon it (or at least improves the movie experience through occasional elaboration). It is hard to imagine how this wonderful book could have been made into a better movie. My 5-year old son was utterly entranced, and I was equally enthralled. If you loved the book, you must see this movie. Expand
  15. ThomasL.
    Dec 10, 2005
    A picture perfect translation from book to screen. Everything I had imagined while reading as a child and more. Not to be missed.
  16. NickP.
    Dec 10, 2005
    Wonderful movie worth seeing. Truly makes you feel as if you're in another world. A litlte bit heavy on the CGI on some places,yes, but wonderful acting, beautiful visuals, and overall very much worth seeing.
  17. leahp
    Dec 10, 2005
    I couldn't be more pleased with how this movie was handled. The book to screen adaptation was perfect - hardly any alterations from the story whatsoever. The children did a great job with the acting. The Christian themes and symbolism were prominent, the graphics were decent, the scenery was beautiful. I was nervous coming into this, seeing as Disney had some input. They can really I couldn't be more pleased with how this movie was handled. The book to screen adaptation was perfect - hardly any alterations from the story whatsoever. The children did a great job with the acting. The Christian themes and symbolism were prominent, the graphics were decent, the scenery was beautiful. I was nervous coming into this, seeing as Disney had some input. They can really screw things up. But they did a great job, and for that, I'm very grateful. I cannot wait to see the other six books come to life, especially if they're as careful with them as they were with LWW. Great movie. Expand
  18. MelanieG
    Dec 20, 2005
    Narnia was a wonderful movie. I can't say enough good things about it. C.S. Lewis didn't want his book to be made into a movie but I think that if he saw this dramatic presentation he would absolutely love it.
  19. ArielG
    Dec 30, 2005
    I found this movie fairly entertaining. The acting and the CGI was okay as well, not great but not too bad either. My only real complaint is the religious themes constantly being pushed throughout the movie. The older sister Susan is constantly made to look like an idiot and fool in every scene because she is logical and has no faith (which I think is a jab at atheists and I found this movie fairly entertaining. The acting and the CGI was okay as well, not great but not too bad either. My only real complaint is the religious themes constantly being pushed throughout the movie. The older sister Susan is constantly made to look like an idiot and fool in every scene because she is logical and has no faith (which I think is a jab at atheists and non-Christians), yet oldest brother Peter and youngest Lucy always succeed because they always 'follow their hearts' and do things on blind faith. This movie won't beat Lord of The Rings (any of the trilogy) as the best fantasy movie, but it's an good film if you ignore all the underlying messages and just watch the movie for what it could've been, a piece of entertainment. Expand
  20. dougalp.
    Dec 6, 2005
    An instant classic. Great perfomances from the kids and a never-to-be-bettered Tilda Swinton. Terrifically faithful to the book. A real pleasure.
  21. JasonS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    The best movie of the year!!!
  22. JohnS.
    Excellent.
  23. CharlesC.
    Dec 9, 2005
    Watching this movie was like discovering an old dusty book and finding it to be a really good yarn. An absolutely enchanting beautiful mythical world best viewed with a childlike heart. Its worth opening the door and entering Narnia.
  24. DavidM.
    Dec 9, 2005
    There is a wonderful balance between lighthearted moments and scenes of heavier (though bloodless) action. All four children were very well cast and the added character introductions at the beginning of the movie set the pace instead of slowing the movie as some have suggested. Tilda Swinton is wonderful as the frosty titular villain, though unfortunately she doesn't quite project There is a wonderful balance between lighthearted moments and scenes of heavier (though bloodless) action. All four children were very well cast and the added character introductions at the beginning of the movie set the pace instead of slowing the movie as some have suggested. Tilda Swinton is wonderful as the frosty titular villain, though unfortunately she doesn't quite project the menacing visage I thought she should have. Instead she comes off as simply a spiteful squatter, desperately hoping the real ruler of Narnia doesn't show up and kick her to the curb. The first novel in C.S. Lewis' series has Christian imagery and allegory so obvious it's like a bat between the eyes, but fortunately Adamson again strikes a balance, giving devout Christians a nod while satisfying agnostics such as myself by keeping the symbols open to interpretation. As I mentioned earlier, there are significant similiarities to the previous LotR movies. If Aslan-as-Christ doesn't suit your fancy, how about Aslan-as-Gandalf? Adamson was quite possibly patterning some scenes after famous ones in the LotR movie trilogy, and it does make you wonder a few times, "haven't I seen this movie already?". This is not enough to completely detract from the quality of the film, fortunately. C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkein may have been friends, but their respective worlds were very different, and honestly on different levels. That is not to say one is superior than another; while Middle Earth had depth, Narnia had humanity, and that is the difference and the reason why it is unfair to use LotR as some sort of yardstick that all fantasy movies much now be judged against. Expand
  25. BenH.
    Dec 9, 2005
    I had a great time at the movies! The translation from book to screen was great. A quarter of the way through the film I stopped referencing the book in my mind and simply went all into the movie. TLTWTW was a great movie going experience. I can't wait for the next one!
  26. ProfB
    Dec 9, 2005
    Got to see an advance of this, and it's terrific. The review above calling it a LOTR Jr. is just about right. A thrilling and heart-warming (in a non-crappy-tv-movie way) movie.
  27. RobertL.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Good effects, true to the book, acting is average. This one must be seen in the theater.
  28. HarryD.
    Jan 1, 2006
    I'm only 7 and I really liked it.
  29. SamD.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Great story, great acting, and great special effects.
  30. ChristineP.
    Jan 14, 2006
    An incredible adventure that pulls you right in! A future classic, for sure.
  31. DecepticonPom
    Jan 2, 2006
    Wasn't expecting great things beforehand but absolutely LOVED it.
  32. BrittanyS.
    Jan 3, 2006
    I thoruly enjoyed this movie. It was one of the best ones I saw this year!
  33. PaulF.
    Jan 3, 2006
    I like the movie so much more than the book. The book seemed childish and simplistic. The special effects and the acting really helped flush out the ideas. I'm not a christian but I thought the ideology was expressed in an entertaining and thoughtful way. I rate this movie almost on par with the Lord of the Rings. I pains me to say this but good job Disney.
  34. CaptainSpaulding
    Jan 30, 2006
    Excellent movie. Enjoyable by both children and adults. This movie had action, suspense, beautiful cinematography and great special effects (congrats WETA). It was a little on the violent side for very small kids, but the rest should love it! It was what I expected and more. My wife was very pleased as well, and she's a big Narnia fan! Great flick and we can't wait to see the Excellent movie. Enjoyable by both children and adults. This movie had action, suspense, beautiful cinematography and great special effects (congrats WETA). It was a little on the violent side for very small kids, but the rest should love it! It was what I expected and more. My wife was very pleased as well, and she's a big Narnia fan! Great flick and we can't wait to see the next one! Rated highly. Collapse
  35. Michael
    Jan 4, 2006
    One word: "Magical". This is a very magical movie for both the young and old. It made me feel like a kid again. ;) Can't beat that feeling. TWO Thumbs Up.
  36. KandrasM.
    Jan 5, 2006
    Excellent, better than I could have imagined a remake would be. I loved the White WItch, she was so entranting.
  37. AleH.
    Jan 6, 2006
    It's Fantastic... already seen it 3 times, happily would go the fourth!!
  38. NickG.
    Jan 7, 2006
    Made everybody feel good. People even clapped in my theatre, which I have never seen before.
  39. fionad.
    Jan 9, 2006
    It was good but when they had the battle and Edmund gets stabbed by the white witch he doesn't even bleed.
  40. ErikS.
    Feb 1, 2006
    Great! Very close to the book! I love the movie!
  41. WadeV.
    Mar 19, 2006
    anyone who loved the book is bound to love the movie. Made with very close attention to detail,it's lovingly brought to life, visually.Though if you haven't read the book,it risks leaving you scratching your head a bit. Do yourself a favour & read the book first!
  42. MarilynZ.
    Mar 2, 2006
    Highly entertaining and that's why I go to the movies.
  43. Brutus
    May 16, 2006
    I wish some of these people would get over their angst over the Christian allegory thing, which is frankly hardly there unless you buld it up. Fundamentally, this story will never be done better. I loved the books, but a very long time ago. So when I saw the movie, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it seriously retained the magic of the book (for a audience of children, not a bunch I wish some of these people would get over their angst over the Christian allegory thing, which is frankly hardly there unless you buld it up. Fundamentally, this story will never be done better. I loved the books, but a very long time ago. So when I saw the movie, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it seriously retained the magic of the book (for a audience of children, not a bunch of CGI nerds who apparently wanted another Lord of the Rings) and that the battle scene was (unlike the book) pretty damn good. And the performances of the kids were delightful. Roll on the next one. Expand
  44. DanaM.
    Jun 12, 2006
    Loved the production, but it strayed too much from the original story line where it didn't need to. Great filming, action, and staging.
  45. DaleM.
    Jun 3, 2006
    Good story....good special effects...much like LOTR in theme and feeling.
  46. BrittneyW
    Jun 5, 2007
    I loved this movie. I would like to see a second one made, if possible. It was so realistic in all, and I just loved it.!!!
  47. MartiH
    Dec 11, 2005
    Enjoyable movie for kids and adults. The plot was reasonably faithful to the book. Tilda Swinton was great as Jadis the White Witch. If this one proves to be successful ($), Prince Caspian is likely the next film to follow.
  48. ShellyM.
    Dec 11, 2005
    I definately got the biblical references in the material.
  49. GarrettB.
    Dec 10, 2005
    The children were excellent, the characters were all fantastic, and the story could not have been told any better. Can't wait to see it again!
  50. JoshM.
    Dec 14, 2005
    I think the movie showed a great deal of adventure for kids who needed it to get by why they were away from their parents.
  51. SteveS.
    Dec 27, 2005
    This Film is the best Film I have seen all year!
  52. philipt.
    Dec 28, 2005
    Good, but Kong is better!
  53. JorgeP.
    Dec 31, 2005
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was great it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I wish the very best for the upcoming film Prince Caspian on Christmas 2007.
  54. Megan
    It was brill.
  55. CaseyG.
    Dec 30, 2005
    Very,very good acting, costumes, and plot. This went almost strait from the book and really sucks you into the plot.
  56. DanielN.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Amazing!
  57. KateM
    Dec 30, 2005
    It's amazing, I've seen it three times! I'm a huge fan of the books and practicaly grew up on the BBC version of the movie, but this was much better than even I imagined it. Long live Aslan!
  58. michaelf.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Wonderful adaptation of a classic childrens book. The movie is not an allegory, but an interesting supposal. Exciting movie for the intelligent family.
  59. ToreS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    I had been waiting for it ever since it was announced, so of course I couldn't pass up the chance to see a press preview this morning. Naturally it did not coincide 100% with my own vision of Narnia visually, but emotionally it rang absolutely true, choking me up several times and really touching me. I walked out of the theatre with a warm, contented feeling - just like I feel every I had been waiting for it ever since it was announced, so of course I couldn't pass up the chance to see a press preview this morning. Naturally it did not coincide 100% with my own vision of Narnia visually, but emotionally it rang absolutely true, choking me up several times and really touching me. I walked out of the theatre with a warm, contented feeling - just like I feel every time I read C.S. Lewis' book! The stand-out performance was definitely Tilda Swinton's as the White Witch, but I liked all actors/voices, from cute little Lucy (newcomer Georgie Henley) to majestic Aslan (Liam Neeson). I thought the children did a great job, considering their relative inexperience and the amount of blue screen work involved. Expand
  60. JohnS.
    Excellent.
  61. JamesK.
    Dec 9, 2005
    Maybe it's because you were looking for the symbolism. And if you've been to a Creed concert, It's already apparent your judgement is impared.
  62. RodrigoB.
    Jan 11, 2006
    Good movie. Since I read all Narnia books, I was quite excited when I saw the movie. Unfortunately, I can´t give it a 10. I felt everything happened too fast, as if the director was forced to put every character and each one of their actions into 2 hours of film. The book has another taste... much better taste.
  63. SammyZee
    Jan 1, 2006
    Good plot but some of it i think was kinda um... cheesy and about that Aslan guy coming back to life well that was an explicit Jesus reference and why wasn't there Chanukah Harry AND Santa Claus. They would be good friends.
  64. Robert
    Jan 1, 2006
    An entertaining favorite. Manages to catch the magic without current Hollywood hype. Warning: not for younger children. Adults will love it too.
  65. MarkB.
    Jan 12, 2006
    Although the Christian overtones and symbolism of C. S. Lewis's beloved children's fantasy series are unmistakable, it's a tribute to his remarkable skills as an author that my fourth grade teacher read us the entire book in class--and only later on did I learn that she was an agnostic. For that matter, Flick Filosopher MaryAnn Johansen, who frequently declares herself an Although the Christian overtones and symbolism of C. S. Lewis's beloved children's fantasy series are unmistakable, it's a tribute to his remarkable skills as an author that my fourth grade teacher read us the entire book in class--and only later on did I learn that she was an agnostic. For that matter, Flick Filosopher MaryAnn Johansen, who frequently declares herself an atheist (and ranked The Passion of the Christ the worst film of 2004!) loved this movie version anyway. As well she should--it's both epic and intimate in scope, terrifically moving, funny and exciting...and in the year of Harry Potter 4 and Star Wars 6, or 3, or whatever, I thought this was second only to King Kong as the best fantasy film of the year. My worries about Shrek and Shrek 2 director Andrew Adamson taking the helm proved to be unfounded; I was afraid he'd muck the source material up with cheap pop-culture and in-joke references, but he's stayed remarkably faithful to the time, place and tone of Lewis's material...not even yielding to the temptation to modify some of the more obscure Britishisms. (When's the last time YOU picked up some 'Turkish delight' at your local See's candy store?) Children Peter, Edmund, Susan and Lucy (the latter played by Georgie Henley, who possesses both the requisite acting chops AND adorableness in equal and abundant quantities), sent to the country by their mother during the worst of World War II, discover a magical wardrobe that transports them to the Land of Narnia, a kingdom of talking animals led by the heroic, Christ-like lion Aslan, who's doing battle against the White Witch (Tilda Swinton, one of the rare actors who has played both an angelic figure--in Constantine--and a demonic one in the same calendar year). The Crucifixion, the Resurrection and the Book of Revelation are all represented throughout the battle, and so is Judas' betrayal, which intriguingly plays out with somewhat different results here than in the Gospels. Liam Neeson voices Aslan with great authority and warmth (and I'm grateful that his recent portrayal of the controversial Dr. Alfred Kinsey didn't automatically remove him from the short list for this role), while Swinton is remarkably sly, subtle and perhaps in keeping with her role as a master temptress, sexier than I've ever seen her onscreen. And I loved what has to be the strongest portrayal of a loving, affectionate married couple onscreen in years--even if they DO happen to be a pair of beavers! Faithful churchgoers and nonbelievers alike will be thrilled at the elaborate, intense (but not at all gory) action sequences, but I especially warmed up to The Chronicles of Narnia's superbly confident, deliberate pacing: without ever, ever dragging, it moves along at its own speed, constantly sparking viewers of all ages to ask, "And then what? And then what? What happens next?" So many recent fantasy, science fiction, action or adventure films have bludgeoned us with Michael Bay-style cacaphonies of noisome CGI images that it's a real pleasure--no, a JOY--to watch a film like The Chronicles of Narnia as it restores a seemingly lost art: that of simply telling us a terrific story. Expand
  66. JaredO.
    Jan 13, 2006
    This is a great movie, however, the reason this doesnt get a 10 is because it does lag in some parts. The special effects are Breathtakingly amazing, i mean, WOW. The movie is Very true to the book, with a little pdding added in. This movie is Definetly worth seeing.
  67. ErinH.
    Jan 13, 2006
    The movie was quite welldone and I loved it! The best part about it was that it really portayed how the Witch represented Satan and how Aslan represented Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins just like Aslan gave hislife and died freely for Edmunds sin.
  68. RebeccaS.S.
    Jan 14, 2006
    Actually to be honest this movie is a 12. Wonderful all around, smart, frightening and Joyous.
  69. StephR
    Best Movie Ever!
  70. GandaS.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Very good! The Film was so great and really inspiring. It has lots of moral lessons..... I loved it especially Peter who looked good and handsome... That was one of the greatest film I've ever had.
  71. NelC.
    Jan 6, 2006
    I just read Jonathan H's review, and thought, wow, what a biased and jaded review. Listen, there is no mention of Jesus in the entire movie, or even God. If you don't tell your children the story of Jesus, then they won't even think that the story has religious overtones. How can a story that has no mention of God in it be religious unless someone tells you it is? If I just read Jonathan H's review, and thought, wow, what a biased and jaded review. Listen, there is no mention of Jesus in the entire movie, or even God. If you don't tell your children the story of Jesus, then they won't even think that the story has religious overtones. How can a story that has no mention of God in it be religious unless someone tells you it is? If you're an athiest, then you think Christianity is a myth, which is what this movie is--a myth. If you're a Christian, then you can relate what you believe in to the movie. That said, this movie is entertaining, and not a lot more. It is just fun to watch. If you're looking to watch a emotionally complicated movie, then this is not it. This movie is for fans of fantasy. This movie does not push Christian beliefs on you unless you want it too. If you don't read into the movie too much, then I think the movie is enjoyable. Expand
  72. David
    Jan 9, 2006
    I was captivated by the magic, the wonder, AND the lessons about honor, courage, and defending these principles. And I'm 44 years old. Excellent movie, for adults AND children (over age 6 or 7).
  73. FrankO.
    Feb 4, 2006
    An excellent flim about CS Lewis' classic tale of the battle between good and evil. Really enjoyed this movie, good young cast who played good but flawed characters. Highly recommended.
  74. ChanceL.
    Feb 4, 2006
    Great movie! The actors did a great job, and the special effcts were amazing. The only disappointment really was that they changed the older children into jerks, so they too could learn a valuable lesson about "family." Curse Disney!
  75. ElodieT.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Loved the movie, although I'd never read the books. Great entertainment, and all-ages!
  76. AndreR.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Although this movie is certainly not up to par with other great epic films, it still delivers a very rich story with great characters and plenty of eye candy for both kids and the young at heart.
  77. CharlieN.
    May 17, 2006
    Very entertaining...one of the best family films of the 2005!
  78. DavidG.
    May 19, 2006
    Very nice movie for both children and adults. The animation is just great and make the battle very realistic (actually, way above my expectations). Great movie!
  79. PamL.
    May 20, 2006
    I enjoyed this movie. No -- it wasn't as grand or captivating as Lord of the Rings, but nor was it intended to be. I thought the casting was quite good, including the children, and I loved the ending with Lucy and the professor at the end -- a deviation from the book that played well on the screen.
  80. KateK
    Oct 5, 2008
    This movie is pretty good! I like the plot and the characters but I must admit this isn't my fave movie.
  81. DavidK
    Jun 27, 2008
    Great movie that stayed true to the great the author's writings. My children watch it over & over (although we jump past the stone table scene). Excited to see Prince Caspian!
  82. DarrelO
    Aug 4, 2008
    I bought the movie for my kids, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Yeah, there are some things in the graphics that could be better, but I think it has a good message and it's very watchable.
  83. WoarkieA
    Sep 27, 2008
    As in Lewis' classic, little time is wasted getting our youthful characters into the incredible fantastic adventure. Exquisite production design and an impassioned creative vision by all those involved.
  84. LyndaS>
    Dec 11, 2005
    Never before as an adult have I been so captivated,transfixed & so ushered into a world of pure magic. One of the richest films I have ever seen. An absolute masterpiece of emotion, color, texture, adventure & wild eyed wonder!
  85. JeromeH.
    Dec 10, 2005
    Phenomenal movie! Great christian symbollism (more than our family realized after reading the book). Wonderful acting, great directing and cinematography. Not too violent, as some reviewers have suggested. Go out with your family and see this wonderful movie!
  86. NigelP.
    Dec 11, 2005
    Having read the book, seen an adaption on television and having also seen a play; it was with eager anticipation to be able to see the film. I was in no way disappointed. Brilliant adaptation, totally true to the book with fantastic effects. Tilda Swinton gives a superb performance as the witch and stands out as lead character, although being made up to seven feet tall, I suppose she would ! !
  87. chucky.
    Dec 10, 2005
    This film is one wild ride!
  88. AdamD
    An amazing movie.
  89. TylerW
    Dec 11, 2005
    An amazing film, it followed the book better than any novel based film I have ever seen. Staying true to the Christian themes that meant so much to Lewis and the various readers of this series, the movie is a thrill and well worth the time whether you're a kid or adult.
    Dec 10, 2005
    I loved this film, being a very big fan of C.S.Lewis and from reading the book several times didn't blink an eye the entire time watching the movie (even if it was midnight).
  91. EricS.
    Dec 12, 2005
    This probably was the best movie of the year for me! Very Well Done! Highly recomended.
  92. S.T.Kelly
    Dec 12, 2005
    I felt that with better editing and cinematography the film could have been much punchier. As it was I found it mushy and lackluster. Except for Aslan and Lucy. And the battle.
  93. JadaG
    Dec 10, 2005
    Absolutely wonderful. Writing, Filming. Editing, Casting, Special Effects.
  94. hugom.
    Lo mejor del año.
  95. ClintM.
    Dec 12, 2005
    In my opinion, not as good as the Harry Potter movies by any means, but definitely enjoyable.
  96. lyrab.
    Dec 15, 2005
    Best movie ever!! very well done.
  97. DebbieG.
    Dec 15, 2005
    Incredibly imaginative, and true to the novel. The animal.mythological character armies were amazing.
  98. DarrylD.
    Dec 16, 2005
    In Narnia, you break up. The bits that were you go speeding toward the light with everyone to see. True, it's only oblivion, and you had it before. But in Narnia, it merges with a unique endeavor to bring to bloom the million petalled flower of being reborn. Timeless, Eternal, and True.
  99. SpongeeeK.
    Dec 16, 2005
    Fantastic! Has graphics and a soul too.
  100. StephaneF.
    Dec 16, 2005
    At heart, this is a young-person's film. But so were C.S. Lewis's books, and the filmmakers captured their spirit brilliantly.

1. What is lightly sketched in the novel, where much is left to the imagination, blossoms into full-blown, richly detailed life in the movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    An array of supporting craftspeople pull the viewer into a credible alternative world, even if the film itself is more prosaic than inspiring.
    The problem with any allegorical plan, Christian or otherwise, is not its ideological content but the blockish threat that it poses to the flow of a story.