5.6

1. Feb 9, 2011
    I may not be a Christian, but that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy this movie. Definitely one of the best flicks of 2005. Very LOTR-esque, but better! I have very fond memories of watching this in theaters.
  2. Feb 24, 2013
    I love when they take a favorite childhood story of mine and adapt it to the big screen. I am always a little weary when it's Disney thou. You never know what Disney is going to do with it, however in the case of The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe, is a homerun. They didn't shorten this film into some hour and a half movie about love. They took their time and told the story as it was meantI love when they take a favorite childhood story of mine and adapt it to the big screen. I am always a little weary when it's Disney thou. You never know what Disney is going to do with it, however in the case of The Lion, The Witch, The Wardrobe, is a homerun. They didn't shorten this film into some hour and a half movie about love. They took their time and told the story as it was meant to be told. All the kids were new to the big screen and were terrific. It's a classic tale that is over 60 years old and it's as fresh and relevant today as it was then. Two big thumbs up for the first of the Narnia tales, personally I hope they make all seven of them into feature films! Expand
  3. terryt
    Dec 27, 2006
    Our family all read the book concurrently and then went to see the film. What a rich experience only enjoyed if the book is read first. In an era of instant gratification and a lack of discipline, this was a refreshing piece of entertainment on a different level.
  4. Oct 2, 2011
    "The Chronicles of Narnia" is not a masterpiece due to its newbie actors, but it manages to give the pure entertainment most summer blockbusters provide.
  5. LouisH.
    Mar 21, 2007
    INCREDIBLE!!!!! One of the best fantasy films in history! After reading the books, and seeing the trailer, I was one of the first to appear at its premier. I love this movie, it is definitely worth seeing and buying.
  6. FlonkelD.
    Dec 26, 2005
    Very shallow character development.
  7. Oct 13, 2010
    Okay. anyone who hates this movie are taking things way too seriously. first, some of you hated the second Harry Potter movie and you gave the same score like this one? guys, what the heck? THIS MOVIE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!! the characters were supporting, the storyline was great, and the source material is brilliant which makes this movie a top-notch fantasy adventure movie for fans of Narnia.
  8. ChristineW.
    Jan 24, 2006
    I expected it to be better, especially in the effects and CGI department. There were way too many scenes that looked so fake.
  9. VamicaV.
    Apr 9, 2006
    So Poor such a disappointment! I never thought it was possible to screw up such a good story! Acting was so bad gr it pained me to watch
  10. FDLH
    Jan 11, 2006
    I can't believe this film got such a high mark. It's extremely mawkish, simplistic, full of cinematographic commonplaces, clichés, and is sexist in many ways (queen =evil, king=young boy (although the sister discovered everything in the first place)=good). In the end, it comes out as very common and trite. Mind you, the book is too, so why should the film be any better?
  11. ATop
    Jan 7, 2006
    What a waste of $10- boring and stupid. Oh, and stupid.
  12. TimB.
    Jan 8, 2006
    The only thing that saves this film is the special effects. The acting could be the worst I have seen in years. I am utterly confused how anyone could sit through a classic story, and see it portraited so poorly, and not be outraged. Disappointing.
  13. Tom
    Aug 6, 2006
    Rather boring, effects were good, but the film was restricted by the plots and story from the orginal book. The cast were very average at best and the pacing of the story itself was not particularly creative. Nothing in the film to make me want to see it again.
  14. AzaanV.
    Jan 14, 2006
    LOTR but it was changed so kids could understand. not good for anyone that questions stuff. you just have to believe everything fully to enjoy the movie. many anomolies.
  15. SouE.
    Jan 2, 2006
    A religious war oriented movie, teaching young kids how to be good soldiers, good evangelists, disguised in a Harry Potter style... I feel a shamed to have given a contribution with my ticket price to a massive production of evangelists brainwashers.
  16. WilderS.
    Jan 5, 2006
    Hurrah! The crusades are back! Let's start a war with "evil" so we can be Kings! Watch out for that little boy. He's not blond and he has a cold sore!
  17. JudyT.
    Sep 24, 2006
    Strickly for kids.
  18. VyP.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Totally worst movie I saw. Can't believe somebody can watch it. The acting and visuals suck, not even talking about dump story.
  19. VladimirM
    May 29, 2009
    Same garbage as Lord of the rings. People who enjoyed TLOR will be bored with this movie because is exactly the same boring, long, child and stupid movie. If you really want a good "phantasy" book then read "Neverending history".
  20. matthewp.
    Dec 29, 2005
    This movie is great for kids but shouldn't be considered adult material. The young actors barely manage to get their lines out clearly and the overal affect of the movie is less than skin deep.
  21. TylerW.
    May 18, 2006
    Well, as far as small children(4-8)might enjoy this film. For the older crowd, this was an awful film. The acting is horrid(children almost always are bad)the plot is weak, and the action is sub-par at best. Pkease, if you wish to get a friend into sword play action adventure, let them watch Lord of the Rings. Any LOTR is better than this sad moive.
  22. Jason
    Dec 26, 2005
    What an awfully boring and amaturish movie! The acting of the kids was at the level of soap operas. The effects looked really bad compared to the best examples. In one scene where the four kids are supposed to stand on this snowy natural rock bridge, they are overlaid against the sky and it looks like the movie was done in the 60s! The movie is both boring and rushed, I don't know What an awfully boring and amaturish movie! The acting of the kids was at the level of soap operas. The effects looked really bad compared to the best examples. In one scene where the four kids are supposed to stand on this snowy natural rock bridge, they are overlaid against the sky and it looks like the movie was done in the 60s! The movie is both boring and rushed, I don't know how they managed this! Expand
  23. Aug 22, 2010
    It was decent but its no Lord of the Rings. I wish the action would have been better (more exciting) and I felt like I didn't care about the characters that much. Also the acting wasn't that great.
  24. Mar 3, 2011
    This movie is the 2nd best in the series, not only is it a good series opener, it would be a good closer too, but they did not make it like that. I liked all the war action and stuff
  25. Apr 15, 2013
    Couldn't even make it past the first 50 minutes. Serious over-acting and the plot makes little sense. I am surprised the critics liked it so much, It wasn't good and honestly it came off as really stupid.
  26. Mar 7, 2012
    Yet ANOTHER attempt to trick young viewers (and readers of the books) into embracing Christianity by disguising its main story points in a fantasy setting. But dishonest and underhanded proselytizing techniques aside, the film itself is still below average at best. By the time the film finally picks up pace... it's the end. A fairly exciting battle scene at the end featuring manyYet ANOTHER attempt to trick young viewers (and readers of the books) into embracing Christianity by disguising its main story points in a fantasy setting. But dishonest and underhanded proselytizing techniques aside, the film itself is still below average at best. By the time the film finally picks up pace... it's the end. A fairly exciting battle scene at the end featuring many different creatures is the one and only high point but prepare to sit through nearly two hours of marginally-disguised preaching to get there. Expand
  27. Apr 3, 2012
    Chronicles of Narnia is an extremely corny and childish film. The action scenes prove my point. The decent thing in the movie is the average battle scene at the end. Acting was pitiful and i guess it will do fine with the younger crowd.
  28. Michelle
    Dec 10, 2005
    I loved it! I was in tears for almost the last half of the movie. I'm so glad one of my favorite stories made it onto the big screen.
  29. ChrisB.
    Dec 7, 2005
    It's been nearly twenty years since I last read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, and I don't remember seeing the Christian symbolism of it back then. Ever since, I had learned more about CS Lewis and how The Chronicles of Narnia very much reflected his philosophy and religion. Fine. But, man, if I didn't get that impression as a kid reading the book, I sure got it It's been nearly twenty years since I last read The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, and I don't remember seeing the Christian symbolism of it back then. Ever since, I had learned more about CS Lewis and how The Chronicles of Narnia very much reflected his philosophy and religion. Fine. But, man, if I didn't get that impression as a kid reading the book, I sure got it hammered into my skull as an adult watching this movie. At the end of it, I felt like I just came out of the cinematic equivalent of a Creed concert. (That's bad, by the way.) What amazes me is how this is being marketed as a good Christian alternative to Harry Potter movies. Where the HP films are fully committed to the pure fantasy that their characters and situations inhabit, Narnia slavishly needs to qualify everything that happens on screen with a biblical reference point, reducing the kids into Sunday-schoolbook caricatures. And having a CG lion as a Christ figure is about as bad as Scott Stapp posing as Jesus on-stage at that aforementioned Creed concert. Other than that, there is some lovely visual adaptation of the cool stuff I do remember from the book. The kids were capable but uneven in their talents, having cast a blockheaded but handsome Prince William-lookalike as the eldest boy, Peter, while the youngest had an almost creepy precociousness in her performance as Lucy. Tilda Swinton as the White Witch was fantastic, her styling was incredible, and I would have loved to see her have more screen time rather than the badly rendered animal villains. The CG characters were noticeably weak, and even Azlan seemed much less majestic than the lion my imagination had painted as a child. Expand
  30. FederS.
    Dec 10, 2005
    Amazing, is like a new myth.
  31. ChaseP.
    Dec 10, 2005
    I loved the movie. It is the best movie of the year!!!! I cant wait for the rest of them to come out!! I liked the books, but I love the movie!!! Thanks Andrew Anderson!!!
  32. StacyR
    Dec 20, 2005
    Is this what passes for grand entertianment these days? Trite acting and poor special effects? Disney poured a gigantic budget into the near failure of the year, and it shows how they had no clue on how to spend it. An editor, composer, and most of all director would have been a good start. Then we can move onto replacing the cast with leads that can actually do more than read off lines Is this what passes for grand entertianment these days? Trite acting and poor special effects? Disney poured a gigantic budget into the near failure of the year, and it shows how they had no clue on how to spend it. An editor, composer, and most of all director would have been a good start. Then we can move onto replacing the cast with leads that can actually do more than read off lines like a computer. A cold waste of film. Expand
  33. neckyb.
    It was great!
  34. ChuckM.
    Jan 14, 2006
    This was a perfectly fine movie. It was an entertaining way to spent a couple of hours.
  35. AlfonsoL.
    Jan 7, 2006
    Aun no he leido los libros, y aunque sencilla, la pelicula me parece bastante entretenida, la vi 2 veces (como con 15 dias de diferencia) y mantuve el interes en ambas oportunidades.
  36. Kumar
    Apr 1, 2006
    An amzing adaption that will delight fans and non-fans alike. I especially enjoyed Liam Neeson's vocie talents as Aslan.
  37. JoshD.
    Apr 10, 2006
    What is wrong with you people for voting low? Do you not have any sense of appreciation for true quality movies? Most of the bad ratings are probably from people who laugh at vomit jokes. My 7 yo nephew, my mother and father and I all enjoyed this movie. It was not the best film I've ever seen, but it was a solid 8.
  38. HCarter
    Apr 8, 2006
    Started off ok--but the adapted screenplay wasn't so great. And of course--everything kind of goes downhill from there. You could say, "hey, it's geared towards kids" but that's sort of apologizing for it. There are plenty of movies out there that are solid regardless of age (any pixar movie). It wasn't a horrible movie though, mostly just medicore.
  39. Danielle
    Dec 11, 2008
    I'd rather watch epic movie. the parody captured my attention, this bored me to tears when my best friend forced me to endure the painstaking 2 hours 20 minute of fantasy. I'm a teenage girl, I don't want to see a kiddy fantasy story with not an ounce of humor or romance in it.I can find homor in Titanic. The battle seen wasn't frightening even
  40. YonatanJ.
    Dec 11, 2005
    For anyone who grew up loving the book, this film does not disappoint. Brilliantly acted, with seamless special effects, the film faithfully adheres to the classic tale and, in some areas, improves upon it (or at least improves the movie experience through occasional elaboration). It is hard to imagine how this wonderful book could have been made into a better movie. My 5-year old son was For anyone who grew up loving the book, this film does not disappoint. Brilliantly acted, with seamless special effects, the film faithfully adheres to the classic tale and, in some areas, improves upon it (or at least improves the movie experience through occasional elaboration). It is hard to imagine how this wonderful book could have been made into a better movie. My 5-year old son was utterly entranced, and I was equally enthralled. If you loved the book, you must see this movie. Expand
  41. ThomasL.
    Dec 10, 2005
    A picture perfect translation from book to screen. Everything I had imagined while reading as a child and more. Not to be missed.
  42. LukeE
    Dec 13, 2005
    Absolutely devoid of talent or... well, that's it. Shots and film editing were handled like a freshman at film school, and the special effects looked like stock animations (and at times, b.g. images seemed prerendered liked a Hitchcock car ride). The costumes were shabby, as though taken from the dressing room of a community theatre, polished up, and dry-cleaned before shooting. And Absolutely devoid of talent or... well, that's it. Shots and film editing were handled like a freshman at film school, and the special effects looked like stock animations (and at times, b.g. images seemed prerendered liked a Hitchcock car ride). The costumes were shabby, as though taken from the dressing room of a community theatre, polished up, and dry-cleaned before shooting. And beginning with an air raid? For a moment I thought I had entered the wrong theatre. I'm not sure who approved this script, but fire them. No clear plot structre, a desperate hook (air raid) -- I'm not even sure which scene was intended to be the climax. It's a very casual, classic structure Lewis used, and for any writer to find it hard to adapt is simply laughable -- as is this film. A simple fantasy should not be handled as an epic. It only makes it sluggish. Oh, I'd nearly forgotten the grating soundtrack! Were the sound editor's headphones broken that he continued cranking up the score? Or was this an experiment in cramming unwanted emotion into the audience's ears and hoping to reach our bored little hearts? Expand
  43. NickP.
    Dec 10, 2005
    Wonderful movie worth seeing. Truly makes you feel as if you're in another world. A litlte bit heavy on the CGI on some places,yes, but wonderful acting, beautiful visuals, and overall very much worth seeing.
  44. RR
    Dec 10, 2005
    It's overlong, boring, feels like it was stitched together with a branding iron and has no depth whatsoever. No sense of dynamics, timing or atmosphere. I began to really loathe the wide-eyed-wonder-look in the kids' eyes, especially because my own eyes were constantly falling shut out of boredom. Two saving graces: Tilda Swinton is really evil (imagine having a mother like that It's overlong, boring, feels like it was stitched together with a branding iron and has no depth whatsoever. No sense of dynamics, timing or atmosphere. I began to really loathe the wide-eyed-wonder-look in the kids' eyes, especially because my own eyes were constantly falling shut out of boredom. Two saving graces: Tilda Swinton is really evil (imagine having a mother like that and see what I mean), and the Lion is well done (from a special fx point of view). Best worst scene: the obnoxious children and two slightly less obnoxious beavers are being pursued by the witch; theythen take cover in a scene that SCREAMS "LOTR FOTR hobbits hiding from the Nazgul nudge nudge", when all of a sudden the beaver announces the coast is clear, it's just Santa Claus who's appeared to bestow valuable gifts to "eve's daughters" and "adam's sons". I kept rubbing my eyes, hoping this godawful scene was just a nightmare. Even the effects were at least two leagues below LOTR. The sets were kind of well done, but they all looked like ... sets. no suspension of disbelief for me, it all looked so... fake! Plus, the believability of a little boy slashing his way through rows of minotaurs and other evil creatures (who all look like LOTR pre-production rejects) is... kind of a lot to take. Save your money. This is such an obviously calculated, badly executed film to make you want to abstain from going to the cinema altogether. To even think of 6 more films in this series makes my stomach ache. Expand
  45. leahp
    Dec 10, 2005
    I couldn't be more pleased with how this movie was handled. The book to screen adaptation was perfect - hardly any alterations from the story whatsoever. The children did a great job with the acting. The Christian themes and symbolism were prominent, the graphics were decent, the scenery was beautiful. I was nervous coming into this, seeing as Disney had some input. They can really I couldn't be more pleased with how this movie was handled. The book to screen adaptation was perfect - hardly any alterations from the story whatsoever. The children did a great job with the acting. The Christian themes and symbolism were prominent, the graphics were decent, the scenery was beautiful. I was nervous coming into this, seeing as Disney had some input. They can really screw things up. But they did a great job, and for that, I'm very grateful. I cannot wait to see the other six books come to life, especially if they're as careful with them as they were with LWW. Great movie. Expand
  46. JonathanH.
    Disney
  47. MelanieG
    Dec 20, 2005
    Narnia was a wonderful movie. I can't say enough good things about it. C.S. Lewis didn't want his book to be made into a movie but I think that if he saw this dramatic presentation he would absolutely love it.
  48. ArielG
    Dec 30, 2005
    I found this movie fairly entertaining. The acting and the CGI was okay as well, not great but not too bad either. My only real complaint is the religious themes constantly being pushed throughout the movie. The older sister Susan is constantly made to look like an idiot and fool in every scene because she is logical and has no faith (which I think is a jab at atheists and I found this movie fairly entertaining. The acting and the CGI was okay as well, not great but not too bad either. My only real complaint is the religious themes constantly being pushed throughout the movie. The older sister Susan is constantly made to look like an idiot and fool in every scene because she is logical and has no faith (which I think is a jab at atheists and non-Christians), yet oldest brother Peter and youngest Lucy always succeed because they always 'follow their hearts' and do things on blind faith. This movie won't beat Lord of The Rings (any of the trilogy) as the best fantasy movie, but it's an good film if you ignore all the underlying messages and just watch the movie for what it could've been, a piece of entertainment. Collapse
  49. dougalp.
    Dec 6, 2005
    An instant classic. Great perfomances from the kids and a never-to-be-bettered Tilda Swinton. Terrifically faithful to the book. A real pleasure.
  50. JasonS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    The best movie of the year!!!
  51. JohnS.
    Dec 8, 2005
    Excellent.
  52. CSLS
    Dec 9, 2005
    Chris B. was dead-on when he called it the "cinematic equivalent of a Creed concert." Whatever susbtance is under the flash is all allegory, while the flash is far too familiar. I don't see how they can get 2 more films out of this.
  53. CharlesC.
    Dec 9, 2005
    Watching this movie was like discovering an old dusty book and finding it to be a really good yarn. An absolutely enchanting beautiful mythical world best viewed with a childlike heart. Its worth opening the door and entering Narnia.
  54. DavidM.
    Dec 9, 2005
    There is a wonderful balance between lighthearted moments and scenes of heavier (though bloodless) action. All four children were very well cast and the added character introductions at the beginning of the movie set the pace instead of slowing the movie as some have suggested. Tilda Swinton is wonderful as the frosty titular villain, though unfortunately she doesn't quite project There is a wonderful balance between lighthearted moments and scenes of heavier (though bloodless) action. All four children were very well cast and the added character introductions at the beginning of the movie set the pace instead of slowing the movie as some have suggested. Tilda Swinton is wonderful as the frosty titular villain, though unfortunately she doesn't quite project the menacing visage I thought she should have. Instead she comes off as simply a spiteful squatter, desperately hoping the real ruler of Narnia doesn't show up and kick her to the curb. The first novel in C.S. Lewis' series has Christian imagery and allegory so obvious it's like a bat between the eyes, but fortunately Adamson again strikes a balance, giving devout Christians a nod while satisfying agnostics such as myself by keeping the symbols open to interpretation. As I mentioned earlier, there are significant similiarities to the previous LotR movies. If Aslan-as-Christ doesn't suit your fancy, how about Aslan-as-Gandalf? Adamson was quite possibly patterning some scenes after famous ones in the LotR movie trilogy, and it does make you wonder a few times, "haven't I seen this movie already?". This is not enough to completely detract from the quality of the film, fortunately. C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkein may have been friends, but their respective worlds were very different, and honestly on different levels. That is not to say one is superior than another; while Middle Earth had depth, Narnia had humanity, and that is the difference and the reason why it is unfair to use LotR as some sort of yardstick that all fantasy movies much now be judged against. Expand
  55. BenH.
    Dec 9, 2005
    I had a great time at the movies! The translation from book to screen was great. A quarter of the way through the film I stopped referencing the book in my mind and simply went all into the movie. TLTWTW was a great movie going experience. I can't wait for the next one!
  56. AlanT.
    Dec 9, 2005
    A half-hearted and forgettable film that represents a huge missed opportunity to bring these great books to the big screen. What a waste.
  57. ProfB
    Dec 9, 2005
    Got to see an advance of this, and it's terrific. The review above calling it a LOTR Jr. is just about right. A thrilling and heart-warming (in a non-crappy-tv-movie way) movie.
  58. ElsaS.
    Dec 9, 2005
    While the film has many fine moments, it also has many draggy, poorly paced ones, too. The special effects are sometimes breathtaking, but often quite clumsy, too. The end result is an unformed mish-mash. Had more care gone into it, the film might have ended up a timeless classic. But it falls far short of that mark.
  59. RobertL.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Good effects, true to the book, acting is average. This one must be seen in the theater.
  60. HarryD.
    Jan 1, 2006
    I'm only 7 and I really liked it.
  61. SamD.
    Jan 1, 2006
    Great story, great acting, and great special effects.
  62. ChristineP.
    Jan 14, 2006
    An incredible adventure that pulls you right in! A future classic, for sure.
  63. DecepticonPom
    Jan 2, 2006
    Wasn't expecting great things beforehand but absolutely LOVED it.
  64. TimD.
    Jan 28, 2006
    Though it has aspects I appreciated (Liam Neeson, Tilda Swinton in the battle sequences, the youngest of the children) and moments I enjoyed very much (the use of silence and the heartbeat at the beginning of the battle sequence), overall I found it thin, lacking weight and power -- a genuine disappointment. This film doesn't even begin to compare with any one of Peter Jackson's Though it has aspects I appreciated (Liam Neeson, Tilda Swinton in the battle sequences, the youngest of the children) and moments I enjoyed very much (the use of silence and the heartbeat at the beginning of the battle sequence), overall I found it thin, lacking weight and power -- a genuine disappointment. This film doesn't even begin to compare with any one of Peter Jackson's Ring trilogy. Expand
  65. BrittanyS.
    Jan 3, 2006
    I thoruly enjoyed this movie. It was one of the best ones I saw this year!
  66. PaulF.
    Jan 3, 2006
    I like the movie so much more than the book. The book seemed childish and simplistic. The special effects and the acting really helped flush out the ideas. I'm not a christian but I thought the ideology was expressed in an entertaining and thoughtful way. I rate this movie almost on par with the Lord of the Rings. I pains me to say this but good job Disney.
  67. CaptainSpaulding
    Jan 30, 2006
    Excellent movie. Enjoyable by both children and adults. This movie had action, suspense, beautiful cinematography and great special effects (congrats WETA). It was a little on the violent side for very small kids, but the rest should love it! It was what I expected and more. My wife was very pleased as well, and she's a big Narnia fan! Great flick and we can't wait to see the Excellent movie. Enjoyable by both children and adults. This movie had action, suspense, beautiful cinematography and great special effects (congrats WETA). It was a little on the violent side for very small kids, but the rest should love it! It was what I expected and more. My wife was very pleased as well, and she's a big Narnia fan! Great flick and we can't wait to see the next one! Rated highly. Expand
  68. Mark
    Jan 3, 2006
    Enjoyable at times but plodding at others. the acting was a bit stiff - although the Pevensie's were casted well.
  69. CarolS.
    Jan 3, 2006
    The youngest child was delightful and the best actor of the group. Peter was pretty wooden. Why did Susan carry a bow an arrow if not to use it? Did she in fact have any function in this movie? The plot was lame. The White Witch was the most interesting and best played role. Unfortunately, one can't learn from the storyline why she is in power or why she should relinquish it.
  70. Michael
    Jan 4, 2006
    One word: "Magical". This is a very magical movie for both the young and old. It made me feel like a kid again. ;) Can't beat that feeling. TWO Thumbs Up.
  71. CarlE.
    Jan 5, 2006
    Boring... deadly dull. Only the special effects made this movie at all interesting. The acting was second-rate... worthy of a high school play at best.
  72. KandrasM.
    Jan 5, 2006
    Excellent, better than I could have imagined a remake would be. I loved the White WItch, she was so entranting.
  73. AleH.
    Jan 6, 2006
    It's Fantastic... already seen it 3 times, happily would go the fourth!!
  74. NickG.
    Jan 7, 2006
    Made everybody feel good. People even clapped in my theatre, which I have never seen before.
  75. fionad.
    Jan 9, 2006
    It was good but when they had the battle and Edmund gets stabbed by the white witch he doesn't even bleed.
  76. ErikS.
    Feb 1, 2006
    Great! Very close to the book! I love the movie!
  77. WadeV.
    Mar 19, 2006
    anyone who loved the book is bound to love the movie. Made with very close attention to detail,it's lovingly brought to life, visually.Though if you haven't read the book,it risks leaving you scratching your head a bit. Do yourself a favour & read the book first!
  78. MarilynZ.
    Mar 2, 2006
    Highly entertaining and that's why I go to the movies.
  79. RickC.
    Apr 3, 2006
    This show was geared for children [***SPOILERS***] but the scene with the lion being scourged is unnecessarily cruel for children to watch. It was much too juvenile for adults and the CGI graphics were mediocre at best.
  80. Brutus
    May 16, 2006
    I wish some of these people would get over their angst over the Christian allegory thing, which is frankly hardly there unless you buld it up. Fundamentally, this story will never be done better. I loved the books, but a very long time ago. So when I saw the movie, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it seriously retained the magic of the book (for a audience of children, not a bunch I wish some of these people would get over their angst over the Christian allegory thing, which is frankly hardly there unless you buld it up. Fundamentally, this story will never be done better. I loved the books, but a very long time ago. So when I saw the movie, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it seriously retained the magic of the book (for a audience of children, not a bunch of CGI nerds who apparently wanted another Lord of the Rings) and that the battle scene was (unlike the book) pretty damn good. And the performances of the kids were delightful. Roll on the next one. Expand
  81. DanaM.
    Jun 12, 2006
    Loved the production, but it strayed too much from the original story line where it didn't need to. Great filming, action, and staging.
  82. PatC.
    Jun 30, 2006
    Nice movie with good digital effects, but surprisingly lacking in substance. There's a wierd theme embedded in the story involving children in wartime who don't miss their parents and are free to be self-directed without consequences. The value set that emerges borders on the narcissistic.
  83. DaleM.
    Jun 3, 2006
    Good story....good special effects...much like LOTR in theme and feeling.
  84. BrittneyW
    Jun 5, 2007
    I loved this movie. I would like to see a second one made, if possible. It was so realistic in all, and I just loved it.!!!
  85. MartiH
    Dec 11, 2005
    Enjoyable movie for kids and adults. The plot was reasonably faithful to the book. Tilda Swinton was great as Jadis the White Witch. If this one proves to be successful ($), Prince Caspian is likely the next film to follow.
  86. ShellyM.
    Dec 11, 2005
    I definately got the biblical references in the material.
  87. GarrettB.
    Dec 10, 2005
    The children were excellent, the characters were all fantastic, and the story could not have been told any better. Can't wait to see it again!
  88. BDavidN.
    Dec 11, 2005
    I read the books and was captivated so warning to a biased righteous fan's opinion. It wasn't a bad movie but to me it felt like the mini commericals Macdonalds makes for it's happy meal toys, after they advertise said meat and sandwich products. I'm sure the director had good intentions, but from the first title scene you know its a franchise coming from an economic I read the books and was captivated so warning to a biased righteous fan's opinion. It wasn't a bad movie but to me it felt like the mini commericals Macdonalds makes for it's happy meal toys, after they advertise said meat and sandwich products. I'm sure the director had good intentions, but from the first title scene you know its a franchise coming from an economic venture based on Disney's failure to cash in on Lord of the Ring's. It was a good kid's movie but as a fan of the books I felt it couldn't compare and the characters seemed a lot less endearing. The best part, other than the minotaurs, is the queen's dwarf. He is worth the price and looks like an Osama Bin Laden imp. His death in the movie is hiliarious. Expand
  89. DanB.
    Dec 10, 2005
    [***SPOILERS***] Looks great. Acting's good. Story is... illogical and and overly simple, even for a children's film, I think. Like suddenly Peter is this amazing fighter? He knows how to use a sword? Why because Aslan told him he could, so now Peter's a general? Worse, it makes it seem as if Aslan *knows* he'll be resurrected... which doesn't make it much of a sacrifice.
  90. MattyM.
    Dec 10, 2005
    The film is a blunder; a mere excuse to throw in creatures fighting against each other for some poor action, followed by irritant performances by the Pevensie kids, and tedious moments that drag on and on. The entire movie is a dejá-vu, but it still features Tilda Swinton and Liam Neeson, which is not a bad thing.
  91. vladimirp.
    Dec 14, 2005
    Ridiculous, boring, predictable, not for kids to much violence, not for adults not enough violence, bad fx, bad music, annoying actors especialy the little girl, i hate animals, stupid plot, worse ending, long. what can i say.
  92. JoshM.
    Dec 14, 2005
    I think the movie showed a great deal of adventure for kids who needed it to get by why they were away from their parents.
  93. lynnl.
    Dec 23, 2005
    There's no solid or substantial central theme. The story was not suitable for a movie in the first place. The children's acting ranged from average to poor. Movie became kind of dry halfway while I was watching. Unless you've watched genuinely great movies before, you'd probably think this movie is good. In short, an overly glamorous effort to dramatise an otherwise There's no solid or substantial central theme. The story was not suitable for a movie in the first place. The children's acting ranged from average to poor. Movie became kind of dry halfway while I was watching. Unless you've watched genuinely great movies before, you'd probably think this movie is good. In short, an overly glamorous effort to dramatise an otherwise classic story. Expand
  94. SteveS.
    Dec 27, 2005
    This Film is the best Film I have seen all year!
  95. philipt.
    Dec 28, 2005
    Good, but Kong is better!
  96. JorgeP.
    Dec 31, 2005
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was great it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I wish the very best for the upcoming film Prince Caspian on Christmas 2007.
  97. Megan
    It was brill.
  98. CaseyG.
    Dec 30, 2005
    Very,very good acting, costumes, and plot. This went almost strait from the book and really sucks you into the plot.
  99. DanielN.
    Dec 3, 2005
    Amazing!
  100. KateM
    Dec 30, 2005
    It's amazing, I've seen it three times! I'm a huge fan of the books and practicaly grew up on the BBC version of the movie, but this was much better than even I imagined it. Long live Aslan!

1. What is lightly sketched in the novel, where much is left to the imagination, blossoms into full-blown, richly detailed life in the movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    An array of supporting craftspeople pull the viewer into a credible alternative world, even if the film itself is more prosaic than inspiring.
    The problem with any allegorical plan, Christian or otherwise, is not its ideological content but the blockish threat that it poses to the flow of a story.