6.0

1. Dec 19, 2010
    its not the best in the series but its still very good. all 3 have there strong points The Dawn Treader is rich with magic, it has more magic in it then the 1st two combined, the 3D is nice but it dulls the color but it is still worth the money but the movie will be the same if you watch it in 2D.
  2. Dec 26, 2010
    This was a good movie, perhaps not my favorite of the series but still worth seeing. there is a good story and plenty of action. i also like that in each movie they lose a few characters but add a couple more.
  3. Dec 12, 2010
    one of the best movies ive read don't waste your money on 3D not much of 3d just commercials but it was a very good movie go wach it. it is very intresting.love it
  4. Dec 11, 2010
    Well, we saw it, and 10 out of 10! Acting, action, digital effects, the score were all amazing. We think it is also great that this movie decided to put in some morality since most kids movies now are pretty much just for a good laugh with nothing that actually sticks to you. This movie brings you into a reality of letting go and how to deal with things. It also states it's not always bestWell, we saw it, and 10 out of 10! Acting, action, digital effects, the score were all amazing. We think it is also great that this movie decided to put in some morality since most kids movies now are pretty much just for a good laugh with nothing that actually sticks to you. This movie brings you into a reality of letting go and how to deal with things. It also states it's not always best to go with what you want and feel you need to have, because it might actually not be the best for you. There's nothing wrong with encouragement towards kids and we feel this movie had nothing but the best intentions. Collapse
  5. Nov 24, 2011
    Though Voyage of the Dawn Treader is possibly my favorite book in the series, it is not so with the movies. It adds story-lines that don't belong- as if the book weren't good enough. However I am willing to forgive that, because as a whole it had a lot that should be celebrated. LWW still remains as the best, but this one is better than PC. A terrific movie for the family.
  6. Feb 8, 2011
    While I personally like the Prince Caspian movie, it didn't really feel as memorable as watching The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe back in 2005. With this new Narnia movie however, I really felt as satisfied as I was when I watched the first one.
  7. Mar 5, 2011
    the previous two installments were amazing, and I think that this third installment is also amazing. There's a Place for Us in this beautiful and yet action packed Narnia movie.
  8. Dec 11, 2010
    Michael Apted pulls this stuttering franchise up to speed as the adventure expands to distant shores with wonderful character expansion as the little boy who turns into a dragon and with his mouse companion steal the show, great heart felt adaption of this CS Lewis masterpiece allows his deeper message to rise and give the whole stories a soul the previous two lacked.
  9. Dec 11, 2010
    Dawn Treader is a great improvement over Prince Caspian while it builds on the events of that film very well. Even with the smaller budget, the special effects and the look of the ship itself are fantastic. This is very much a film about characters and about character: why do we make the decisions that we do? I believe there are temptations associated with each of the traditionalDawn Treader is a great improvement over Prince Caspian while it builds on the events of that film very well. Even with the smaller budget, the special effects and the look of the ship itself are fantastic. This is very much a film about characters and about character: why do we make the decisions that we do? I believe there are temptations associated with each of the traditional "deadly sins." The narrative meanders somewhat at the beginning, but you'll be glad you sat through the various island adventures by the end. Highly recommended, especially for families. Expand
  10. Dec 13, 2010
    Said to be an admirable childrenâ
  11. Jan 6, 2011
    After the catastrophe of the last two movies Disney dropped the Narnia series. This film was then picked up by fox who recruited director Micheal Apted to pick up and breathe new life into the series. Has it worked? Well sorta. He has certainly done his job. It is a nice light fantasy movie which doesn't deliver the scale of the previous two movies but still manages to engage. Sure thereAfter the catastrophe of the last two movies Disney dropped the Narnia series. This film was then picked up by fox who recruited director Micheal Apted to pick up and breathe new life into the series. Has it worked? Well sorta. He has certainly done his job. It is a nice light fantasy movie which doesn't deliver the scale of the previous two movies but still manages to engage. Sure there are better films you can go and see at the moment but this is an ok film. The CG is decent and the final battle is spectacular. The acting however of Georgie Henlet and Skander keyes an Edward and Lucy is not very good as they deliever very wooden perfomances. Ben Barnes drops the Mediterranean accent and returns as Prince Caspian with and does a god job but the real star of this movie is the brilliant Will Poulter who plays the annoying cousin eustace who is by far the best thing about this movie. He had his start in 'Son of Rambow' and I hope to see him again in the future. So in short a decent film apart from 'shoving religion down our throat' aspect. This isnt a spoiler but its obvious ASLAN=JESUS. Nothing special but a good family film for christmas. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Like the previous films, the production value was high. I was a bit leery when I heard that Fox was taking over (Disney had the first two), but those thoughts quickly disappeared. From the beginning to the end, I was drawn right into Narnia with the rest of the cast. The movie kept up the pace, and I never once felt bored. Just like the first two movies, when the end finally came, I did not want to go. I really felt like I was in Narnia for the past two hours.

I think the cast was spot on. Eustace was as annoying as I had pictured him. When reading the book, I remember wanting to smack him, and that is exactly how I felt watching the movie. I think dropping Caspianâ
  13. Dec 18, 2010
    Never judge a movie by its book or a book by its movie. These are different mediums of entertainment. Though I have read that people who have read the book are displeased with what is missing or that two of the islands were combined into one island, I must say that this movie has captured the spirit of the book quite well. The first thirty minutes or so of the movie is fairly mechanicalNever judge a movie by its book or a book by its movie. These are different mediums of entertainment. Though I have read that people who have read the book are displeased with what is missing or that two of the islands were combined into one island, I must say that this movie has captured the spirit of the book quite well. The first thirty minutes or so of the movie is fairly mechanical and campy, but from the point that the characters encounter the magician Coriakin onward the story truly takes flight. Reepicheep the mouse befriends Eustance and shows him true friendship in Eustace's darkest hour. Edmund faces his fears. Lucy learns that she does not need to just like Susan to have value, and Caspian grows in wisdom as a king. The ending to the story is triumphant and nostalgic. Though no one would mistake this movie as an academy award winning contender it certainly does not disappoint. Sit back, buy yourself some popcorn, and enjoy the high seas! Expand
  14. Nov 5, 2011
    This is going to be a tough one for fans to enjoy, I personally enjoyed it, it appealed to my sense of adventure (that I didn't know I had), and packs some really cool and memorable moments about half way through, and some truly emotional and spectacular ones also, the problem is that it doesn't get interesting until about half way through, it starts off very boring, and honestly I didn'tThis is going to be a tough one for fans to enjoy, I personally enjoyed it, it appealed to my sense of adventure (that I didn't know I had), and packs some really cool and memorable moments about half way through, and some truly emotional and spectacular ones also, the problem is that it doesn't get interesting until about half way through, it starts off very boring, and honestly I didn't want to finish it, but boy am I glad I did, once the action starts it wont stop, and has a fantastic ending, and truly likable characters, also a few humorous moments, if your a fan of the series you should like this, just know you have to wait a while before it gets good. Expand
  15. Dec 29, 2010
    It is really awesome movie. I like book and were glad to watch good screen version of it. It didn't disappoint me. Honestly, I was excited to watch this fight between Good and Evil inside personages. This fim made me think again about my life and what is more important. I can't be indifferent looking wise t and magnificent Aslan. Of course, my atheistic sister wasn't involved so deepIt is really awesome movie. I like book and were glad to watch good screen version of it. It didn't disappoint me. Honestly, I was excited to watch this fight between Good and Evil inside personages. This fim made me think again about my life and what is more important. I can't be indifferent looking wise t and magnificent Aslan. Of course, my atheistic sister wasn't involved so deep in this story. But how says Author or Aslan - all miracles of Narnia are available for kids or for person who can feel like a children. Once Jesus commanded us to be like a child. 10 Expand
  16. Jan 11, 2011
    The best of Narnia movies so far. I like the way the story goes. About how they get into Narnia world again by the picture of seas with Dawn Treader. I like the dragon. This film is full of magic. Narnia Magic, i say.
  17. Jan 25, 2011
    After the amazing first two movies in the series, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is a bit of a let down. This is not to say that it is terrible movie rather that it just didn't live up to my expectations. Nothing was really bad about the movie but nothing great stands out in my mind either. I am hoping that if The Silver Chair is made it will restore the series as The Dawn Treader justAfter the amazing first two movies in the series, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is a bit of a let down. This is not to say that it is terrible movie rather that it just didn't live up to my expectations. Nothing was really bad about the movie but nothing great stands out in my mind either. I am hoping that if The Silver Chair is made it will restore the series as The Dawn Treader just didn't live up to the first two. Expand
  18. Feb 23, 2011
    I like this movie it had some action a big boat and a whinny kid who was actually quite funny. So why then did I give it a 8, because of one thing, stupidity. Yes stupidity not of the storyline (although they could have killed the whinny kid)but of the characters. here's a sample "lets go sleep on an island we didn't know existed but do know is full of potential danger and not post aI like this movie it had some action a big boat and a whinny kid who was actually quite funny. So why then did I give it a 8, because of one thing, stupidity. Yes stupidity not of the storyline (although they could have killed the whinny kid)but of the characters. here's a sample "lets go sleep on an island we didn't know existed but do know is full of potential danger and not post a watch. I know we have a perfectly safe boat that has some comfy beds but getting killed is much more fun" that is the sort of thing that ruined the movie and the fact that no whinny kids died. Expand
  19. Jun 27, 2011
    it was a nice movie, except for the fact that i watched it in 3D and it wasn't actually 3D. it's one of those "i thought it would be better" movies. it doesn't hurt watching it, but... i recommend that watch some other stuff and then watch this IF there is nothing else to watch. it is nice though.
  20. HMW
    Mar 8, 2012
    This movie was good, went back to the fantasy of the first movie and again stayed true to the book. The only reason why I did not give it a 10 because of that annoying cousin. But overall a great movie!
  21. Mar 21, 2013
    I prefer the Narnia series over the Harry Potter series. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was the best to me, even without the full cast. Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe was good to. I never saw the second one. But this movie had good acting, good story, good effects. I like the film very much 3D was pointless. Aparently America is just going through 3D like we went through Silly Bands orI prefer the Narnia series over the Harry Potter series. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was the best to me, even without the full cast. Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe was good to. I never saw the second one. But this movie had good acting, good story, good effects. I like the film very much 3D was pointless. Aparently America is just going through 3D like we went through Silly Bands or Williow Smith. The movie was something good I'd watch it. Don't get me wrong The Harry Potter series is good. Narnia just seems more 'Magical' if you know what I mean it feels like something for the whole family, whereas Harry Potter seems like something for 13 and up orr something you show at school. Watch It. Expand
  22. Jul 18, 2013
    Another great addition to the Narnia series, full of heart, spirituality and emotional complexity- it is also visually dazzling with great acting, music, direction and speed. It is a film that feels more real due to the 'temptations' that are in it. Very spiritual and uplifting. Great entertainment.
  23. Apr 11, 2016
    Growing up in the Canada in the 70's and 80's, I fondly recall vastly enjoying an animated version of Lewis' 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' that was presented by Kraft on CTV. Now as a father of a son, I want to see with him the contemporary versions of the books I adored in my youth, though at present I greatly prefer the craftsmanship of cinema pre-1970.

It never bothers me in

It never bothers me in the slightest, to the ire of my more obsessive-compulsive cinephilic friends, seeing films of series with complete disregard to their order (one of my friends nearly had a heart attack, when he discovered I had watched 'Spider-Man 3' without having previously watched films 1 and 2--don't even get me started about the 'Harry Potter' series...), so, especially curious about how one of my favourite contemporary directors, Michael Apted, would do in the realm of big-budget, CGI-intensive fantasy filmmaking (I expected a fish-out-of-water, like Lord Richard Attenborough helming 'A Chorus Line'), I gave this a shot.

I enjoyed this more than 'Harry Potter' films I have seen, though it does stretch things from the literary works, but unfortunately, that seems to be the way things are, since film became less about artistry and more about business (just see at Toys R Us how many possible toys you can purchase, and similar commercial off-shoots, and I don't even consider this series a major player in this sort of area, because of its Christian undertones, which really doesn't mesh perfectly with selling tons of toys, though of course the realms aren't mutually exclusive, not by any stretch of the imagination). I think that Apted did a decent job, especially considering that yes, he is a fine director, but this isn't really his cup of tea. I distinctly feel that if these films are your comfort food, you won't be disappointed. I look forward to checking out the series' two preceding entries, and, though they left an opportunity for more films, which I believe wouldn't be from Lewis' works at all, it was a nice summation at its conclusion.

Finally, it was great to see (or at the very least, hear) Tilda Swinton, Liam Neeson and Simon Pegg, they seem to be thrown in everything these days. I heartily salute their agents--they must have the very best in the business.

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Dec 15, 2010
    It takes great skill to make something so ponderously stultifying as this third film entry in the ongoing adaptation of C.S. Lewis' series of splendidly imagined children's books.
  2. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Dec 10, 2010
    It's difficult to make this mediocre adaptation of perhaps the best-loved book in C.S. Lewis' Narnia series -- seem particularly interesting.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Phillips
    Dec 10, 2010
    The Dawn Treader doesn't so much reinvent the "Narnia" franchise as do what's needed, and expected, with a little more zip than the previous voyages.