8.9

1. Aug 27, 2010
    It's a dense, over-bloated film with more twisted ideas than it can possibly dish out gracefully, but it's so visually enticing and filled with enough intrigue that it is definitely worth the two hours of confusion. If a comparison is needed, think of it as the French version of "Brazil," without the political overtones.
  2. Aug 23, 2011
    This movie, wow, just wow. I absolutely love this movie. My favorite movie of all time. No kidding. The atmosphere, the actors, the story, just wow. I love movies set in different worlds that don't really classify as sci-fi or fantasy. This is one such treat. Directed and written by the same director/writer of Delicatessen and it definitely shows. If you enjoy this I'd also recommend Big Fish, Mirrormask, and Dark City. Actually scratch that, even if you don't like City of Lost Children you should watch those movies. The only drawback I could see to this movie for audiences is that it is subtitled. However that should most certainly not deter anyone from seeing it. Read a little and get enveloped in this fantastic world. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Joey O'Bryan
    With its fine performances, gorgeous sets, incredible special effects, imaginative story line, beautiful score (by frequent David Lynch collaborator Angelo Badalamenti), and knockout cinematography, The City of Lost Children is very much worth seeing.
  2. Sadly, the technical logistics seem to have impeded the dreamlike flow a movie like this requires.
    I am not one of you. But I have enough of you in me to pass along the word. Far out.