7.2

1. Aug 26, 2010
    A fresh dose of authenticity makes all of the situations and struggles found in "The Class" all the more compelling. In an age when the education system is overcome with scrutiny and pessimism against both teachers and students, the movie shows that we have to give it more than hope for it to survive - we have to give it constant dedication. I'd definitely recommend the movie to anyoneA fresh dose of authenticity makes all of the situations and struggles found in "The Class" all the more compelling. In an age when the education system is overcome with scrutiny and pessimism against both teachers and students, the movie shows that we have to give it more than hope for it to survive - we have to give it constant dedication. I'd definitely recommend the movie to anyone who's a teacher or planning to teach. Expand
  2. Oct 14, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is not made for entertainment or for enjoyment, it is made to be a representation to the world of the difficulties of being a teacher in a French education environment. I am a student and found it mediocre as it was so accurate to a classroom situation. I appreciate this and I believe that this film explores the classroom atmosphere in a naturalistic sense without showing any extremes and still while highlighting key flaws that can occur anywhere, neither does it preach these flaws or show any resolve it just shows them. This is a brave move for any film writer and this is why it is so highly praised by the critics as they appreciate this courage and also find the film captivating in its unresolved nature. Expand

I would be surprised if this brilliant and touching film didn't become required viewing for teachers all over the United States. Everyone else should see it as well--it's a wonderful movie.
    The Class is a lovely, exhilarating work about the ways in which failure and frustration can open the pathways through which we make sense out of life.
  3. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    For anyone who loves language, this cut-and-thrust is a heady delight, so rich and free-flowing in its rhythms that it's hard to decide whether what we're seeing is a vérité-style documentary or a realist drama.