The Company

Jul 8, 2004
    Simply exquisite!
  2. ItaloD.
    May 8, 2005
    Great piece. Nice to see pretty faces (Campbell and Franco) doing great performances. Altman knows how filme real life. Of course, most of the goodness on this movie is due to the cut.
  3. JusticeT.
    Jan 15, 2004
    I like Altman. I don't dance. I like to be visually entertained. I don't appreciate special effects. I like to be challenged by alternative film. I don't like to be taken advantage of as an audience member. I liked this movie more than I ever thought I would even though it went to the top of my must-see list. Impressive, interesting, and thoroughly satisfying. Sure I wanted I like Altman. I don't dance. I like to be visually entertained. I don't appreciate special effects. I like to be challenged by alternative film. I don't like to be taken advantage of as an audience member. I liked this movie more than I ever thought I would even though it went to the top of my must-see list. Impressive, interesting, and thoroughly satisfying. Sure I wanted more, but that is because I got it. Whatever you do, dismiss the negative reviews. Accept the notion that there is no plot, remember the title of the film, the director involved and what you will see on screen will entrance you. As something that is forming within the film will make you laugh, when it all comes together, you will see the art. That is this movie. Expand
  4. Elliott
    Jan 6, 2004
    An unbelievably beautiful film, easily the best thing Altman has done in over a decade... Certainly better than Gosford Park, which, sadly, was better received by the critics. Neve Campbell is truly astonishing.
  5. CannonF.
    Feb 7, 2004
    Beautiful but a bit too long and the ending is very poor.
  6. Marcus
    Mar 21, 2004
    Altman's status as an auteur is solidified here. Whether accomplishing that without a real storyline makes the movie a greater or lesser work of art is up for debate. The Company remains an excellent film and anyone half-willing to see a documentary will appreciate it.

1. A wonderfully vivid and engaging theatrical experience.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Robert Altman takes an elegant, appealingly unemphatic look at the world of ballet.
  3. A funny valentine by an old master, woos us into the dance.