The Conspirator

6.8

1. Dec 29, 2011
    It had it's moments but the movie just failed to capture what should have been an emotional powerhouse. I didnt feel any emotion at all during this film besides the humerous fact that there were some terrible mis-casts for this film. Justin Long (a terrible cast who plays his part poorly), Alexis Bledel (who is as interesting as watching walls), and Evan Rachel Wood (a serious over-actingIt had it's moments but the movie just failed to capture what should have been an emotional powerhouse. I didnt feel any emotion at all during this film besides the humerous fact that there were some terrible mis-casts for this film. Justin Long (a terrible cast who plays his part poorly), Alexis Bledel (who is as interesting as watching walls), and Evan Rachel Wood (a serious over-acting actress that sucks hard through out). James McAvoy however plays his part perfectly but he alone cant make up for the trash around him.

Also lets face it, The film was boring. It was insanely predictable that the woman was gonna be a sacrificial lamb from the begining, It spoiled the journey of getting to that point. I generally like films like this (which is why I rented it) but this is one film that I would suggest avoiding. I did not like it at all.

1. Reviewed by: Liam Lacey
    Apr 29, 2011
    Redford hasn't moved too far here from an earlier political-thriller template: With its skulduggery, late-night meetings and the contemptuous political cabal out to thwart justice, The Conspirator can be thought of as "All the President's Men – The Lincoln Edition."
  2. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Apr 21, 2011
    Redford methodically presents the injustices piled on Surratt and suggests what might have prompted her stoicism. But James D. Solomon's script is often flat, perhaps in a misguided effort to be stately.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Apr 16, 2011
    This methodical courtroom drama is charged with impassioned performances and an unimpeachable liberal message. But its stodgy emphasis on telling over showing will limit its reach to Civil War buffs and self-selecting older viewers.