The Cookout

5.0

1. VinceH.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Easily the worst movie so far this year. I have seen close to 120 movies so far this year and so I think more so than other people I can judge what that would be. Before this, it was "White Chicks" & "Catwoman", but this film makes those two look like masterpieces. Laughless jokes, good actors completely embarrasing themselves (Queen Latifah should officially return her Oscar), and the Easily the worst movie so far this year. I have seen close to 120 movies so far this year and so I think more so than other people I can judge what that would be. Before this, it was "White Chicks" & "Catwoman", but this film makes those two look like masterpieces. Laughless jokes, good actors completely embarrasing themselves (Queen Latifah should officially return her Oscar), and the worst script ever written. No that is not an exaggeration. Expand
  2. Billy
    Jan 17, 2005
    I want my 2 hours back!!! Worst acting, script and jokes imaginable. Almost rascist as well.
  3. LaurenC.
    Jan 23, 2005
    Ha Ha. Sucked reaaaally bad. A terribly mess.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

It took a village of screenwriters and story creators - including costar Queen Latifah and first-time director Lance Rivera - to cram just about every imaginable stereotype about African-Americans and white people ever conceived into this short, unappetizing comedy.
  2. Good-natured but it's a dud.
  3. There isn't a genuine laugh or a character who isn't a stereotype in The Cookout, a lifeless comedy featuring a cast of familiar faces who must have needed the paycheck.