The Cookout

5.0

1. LaurenC.
    Jan 23, 2005
    Ha Ha. Sucked reaaaally bad. A terribly mess.
  2. Billy
    Jan 17, 2005
    I want my 2 hours back!!! Worst acting, script and jokes imaginable. Almost rascist as well.
  3. PallF.
    Sep 18, 2004
    Wow! This could be the funniest movie of the year/summer! So many hillarious jokes that make pointed satirical swipes at our rather false sense of culture make this a winner! I only pray for a Cookout 2!
  4. VinceH.
    Sep 9, 2004
    Easily the worst movie so far this year. I have seen close to 120 movies so far this year and so I think more so than other people I can judge what that would be. Before this, it was "White Chicks" & "Catwoman", but this film makes those two look like masterpieces. Laughless jokes, good actors completely embarrasing themselves (Queen Latifah should officially return her Oscar), and the Easily the worst movie so far this year. I have seen close to 120 movies so far this year and so I think more so than other people I can judge what that would be. Before this, it was "White Chicks" & "Catwoman", but this film makes those two look like masterpieces. Laughless jokes, good actors completely embarrasing themselves (Queen Latifah should officially return her Oscar), and the worst script ever written. No that is not an exaggeration. Expand

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

It took a village of screenwriters and story creators - including costar Queen Latifah and first-time director Lance Rivera - to cram just about every imaginable stereotype about African-Americans and white people ever conceived into this short, unappetizing comedy.
  2. Good-natured but it's a dud.
  3. There isn't a genuine laugh or a character who isn't a stereotype in The Cookout, a lifeless comedy featuring a cast of familiar faces who must have needed the paycheck.