8.6

1. Aug 22, 2010
    This movie is so old-school and adventure it actually feels like a real adventure movie unlike some of the knockoffs today. Also, any movie with good sword-fighting in it has to be good.
  2. Mar 26, 2011
    An epic tale of adventure, betrayal, love and revenge. There really is something here for everyone. Jim Caviezel, one of the most underrated actors of the past decade, delivered a superb performance in this film. This is my favorite movie of all time, so pardon the perfect score.
  3. Oct 1, 2011
    Bah, "The Count of Monte Cristo" is a movie that displays a violent tale of revenge into a ridiculously cheesy one. However I'll give credit for the excellent cinematography.
  4. Oct 3, 2014
    The Count of Monte Cristo is a fantastic adaption of a classic slice of adventure literature. The performances are great and the directing is colorful. More importantly, the film has a handful of truly unforgettable scenes, chief among them: Guy Piece looking out over a peaceful horizon, deciding on his future... "You know I could never live in a world where you have everything and I have nothing." I get chills every time! Expand
  5. Sep 3, 2014
    Count of Monte Cristo is an epic adventure movie with superb acting and thrills.
    .....................................................................
  6. Sep 26, 2014
    This is a great modern interpretation of Count Of Monte Cristo and the movie is still set in the past.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
  7. Jul 29, 2014
    "The Count of Monte Cristo" is easy to like. An accomplished piece of cinematography, and a strong adaptation of Dumas's novel. Caviezel's portrayal of Dantes is undeniably a decent one. While it may not be the classic someone might expect, it is an enjoyable adventure that keeps its audience thrilled through its unevenly bland ending.
  8. Sep 26, 2014
    One of the best thrillers of 2002.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

1. With more buckling than swash, The Count of Monte Cristo is a good-looking, poorly acted washout.
    Performances by Jim Caviezel and Richard Harris make this a great adventure.
  3. James Caviezel makes us care more about that innocent romantic, Edmond Dantes, than we may care to care about the rest of the picture, which entertains in fits and starts, with startling ruptures in tone.