7.0

1. BenM
    Mar 1, 2010
    Incredibly average. The same, "you stay here by yourself while I go explore the dark part of the building by myself," conventions. Little gore and a waste of an always reliable Timothy Olyphant. A good rental.
  2. Jan 2, 2011
    I went into this movie with low expectations, but I actually loved this movie. Filled with good acting, good script, awesome gore, bloody action, and a really scary atmosphere, I highly recommend this.
  3. Oct 23, 2010
    The movie is good in places but so predictable and so cliche. The acting was mildly believeable which was a bonus. I loved the concept but the way it was directed led to a festival of stereotypical horror. This is definetley one for the popular horror market rather than the hardcore followers.
  4. Dec 1, 2010
    I actually think this a decent modern day horror/thriller movie. Men hold your woman close cause she may need to hold something. This simple zombie infested town actually had a good enough script to make it interesting, intriguing, and breathe taking.
  5. Dec 13, 2010
    "The Crazies" was crazy! (That wasn't cliché was it?) This 2010 movie is a remake of George Romero's 1973 film also called "The Crazies". Director Breck Eisner completely modernizes the original story, turning "The Crazies into more than just your average zombie film where everyone just runs around biting people. Also any movie that starts off playing John Cash has to be half"The Crazies" was crazy! (That wasn't cliché was it?) This 2010 movie is a remake of George Romero's 1973 film also called "The Crazies". Director Breck Eisner completely modernizes the original story, turning "The Crazies into more than just your average zombie film where everyone just runs around biting people. Also any movie that starts off playing John Cash has to be half way decent, right?

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
  6. Jun 15, 2011
    A good movie from beginning to end, there are some moments where you'll shake your head in disbelief because of some bad acting or plot holes, but it's still enjoyable, and definitely a Romero classic.
  7. May 29, 2011
    Entertainment with style! For those who think zombie movies are just for fun, here is an example of the genre also includes aesthetic sophistication and can get rid of superficiality. I expected much less, I was pleasantly surprised by the embellishments added to the tension, horror, grief and a great script. Some parts are a bit predictable but it's still a really movie breathtaking. Recommended.
  8. Jul 31, 2011
    this movie was like one of those okay movies, but i do have to that jim carry was very good in this movie especially when he got licked by a dinosaur and puked out his large intestine out, and like said nothing great about it.
  9. DonV.
    Mar 1, 2010
    Cliche ridden and over stylised. Seen and now dismissed.
  10. Ryencoke
    Mar 2, 2010
    This was without question the absolute most predictable movie I have ever seen. And to top if off, the most cliched. Acting was pretty good. The overall concept of the story was superb, but poorly portrayed. Would I suggest seeing it? Yeah, maybe. Since there is just absolute garbage that is being released every week now. This may be one of your better choices. Would not buy it, only This was without question the absolute most predictable movie I have ever seen. And to top if off, the most cliched. Acting was pretty good. The overall concept of the story was superb, but poorly portrayed. Would I suggest seeing it? Yeah, maybe. Since there is just absolute garbage that is being released every week now. This may be one of your better choices. Would not buy it, only worth a single watch. Expand
  11. PeteO.
    Feb 26, 2010
    A brilliant horror film until the last 5 minutes where any plausibility goes out the window. But at leas the ride is worth it.
  12. TyroneH.
    Feb 26, 2010
    It is very intense. This is a frightful marriage between conspiracy theories and a vombiefest. decent effects and good, not great acting. Good retelling of a Romero classic.
  13. BryanK
    Feb 27, 2010
    In a film year of remakes such as The Karate Kid, highly awaited sequels such as Toy Story 3 and film adaptations of television shows such as M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, Breck Eisner's remake of George Romero's classic, The Crazies stands out from the rest. The plot concerns a small Iowa town where the town sheriff (Timothy Olyphant) begins to notice some In a film year of remakes such as The Karate Kid, highly awaited sequels such as Toy Story 3 and film adaptations of television shows such as M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender, Breck Eisner's remake of George Romero's classic, The Crazies stands out from the rest. The plot concerns a small Iowa town where the town sheriff (Timothy Olyphant) begins to notice some residents acting out violently. Soon the army arrives and seals off the town and Olyphant is cut away from his pregnant wife (Radha Mitchell) who is mistaken as an infected. After breaking into the town and rescuing his wife Olyphant, his wife, his deputy, and a nurse from his wife's office must escape the county before they are either killed by the infected or the army. While the plot may seem a bit standard to other horror films of the present day the plot does have enough suspense and terror to sustain it. The film's acting was very well done, while not excellent it was better than most horror remakes. In most horror remakes such as The Wolf Man (2010) the actors primarily walk through their roles with no true inspiration, but the cast led by Olyphant does their best and appears to actually care about the roles at hand. They all have their own personalities and conflicts which allows for them to work outside the broad stereotypes associated with the horror genre(examples-hero, victim, hot female lead). The military appears as cold in their plans and their look. They are dressed in black and green and always wear their gas masks giving them an unearthly look. Visually the film worked in its set-ups and locales. Their is a sense of isolation and tension in many of the shots within the town and of the weakness felt by the characters. For instance when the film begins we are treated to a shot of the town's center district in ruins and flames and then we seen a shot only a few days prior showing the unassuming town as it was. Gore-wise the film does not fail, the effects are well done in their execution each spilling a ton of blood of screen. Fans of other horror films such as the Nightmare series (1984-2010) and Friday the 13th series (1980-2009) will not luck out. Unlike other films like The Wolf Man the gore is not overused or out of place in most scenes. Despite the better aspects the film does contain its faults. The gore effects which are well done are rather graphic and some viewers may have problems watching it, but gore hounds will love it beyond a reasonable doubt. Overall for a remake, The Crazies works better than most and is one of the best movies so far this year. Expand
  14. ChadS.
    Feb 27, 2010
    Russell Clank(Joe Anderson), Ogden Marsh's deputy, comes to terms with his erratic behavior; he's paranoid and has a trigger-itch temper, which are symptomatic of the "crazies", so the infected lawman creates a diversion in order for the Duttons(Timothy Olyphant & Radha Mitchell) to escape the military soldiers' notice. Hands in the air, Russell approaches the barricade, Russell Clank(Joe Anderson), Ogden Marsh's deputy, comes to terms with his erratic behavior; he's paranoid and has a trigger-itch temper, which are symptomatic of the "crazies", so the infected lawman creates a diversion in order for the Duttons(Timothy Olyphant & Radha Mitchell) to escape the military soldiers' notice. Hands in the air, Russell approaches the barricade, then provokes the army to take the first shots when he waves his gun in the air. On the ground, wounded, Russell's last words are, "F*** you. For what you did," which pertains to the systematic destruction of this small Iowa town, but could have more far-reaching connotations, as Russell could be a stand-in for some universal citizen who withstood a bevy of American military campaigns, in which heavy casualties were involved. It's no accident that "The Crazies" is set in the midwest, a region of the country where people are less likely to be contemptuous toward the direction of our foreign policy. "The Crazies" is no "Blue Velvet", but the opening scene that highlights a farmer traversing the baseball field with a shotgun, almost serves the same function as the famous opening montage in the David Lynch film. Instead of carnivorous bugs buried in the grass, a carnivorous government is responsible for something buried in the swamp. Ogden Marsh is a town full of patriotic ideologues. At a funeral home, the mortician sews shut the eyes of his clients, the very same people who proudly display the American flag outside their homes. Here, the filmmaker shows how having blind faith in the integrity of our government's actions can sometimes get you killed. Nobody blinks an eye when innocent people die abroad. But when a plane carrying biological weapons crashes in the swamp, the ideologues experience what the other "crazies" in the Middle East experience. Most pointedly, the Duttons and their two fellow travellers watch as a mother and her son are shot in cold blood, even though they might not be "crazy". "The Crazies" might not be a political movie for some, and that's fine, because even if the moviegoer watches it like a zombie, it also works as a superior suspense/thriller. Expand
  15. StevenH.
    Feb 27, 2010
    I really liked this movie. The acting was very good, the plot was passable, and the special effects was amazing. My only problem was the women in this movie seemed oblivious for the most part. The leads wife really just keeps getting herself into trouble and needs to be saved. Other than that, the movie was great. I highly recommend seeing it.
  16. JamesH.
    Mar 1, 2010
    The Crazies is better than the usual scary fare. Yes, it has some of the same absurdities and implausibilities as most of the others (WHY do people walk around aimlessly in the dark near places where the bad guys can jump out at you?), but the acting and writing is better than most. It held my attention throughout and I was entertained. There was a lot of violence, but I actually The Crazies is better than the usual scary fare. Yes, it has some of the same absurdities and implausibilities as most of the others (WHY do people walk around aimlessly in the dark near places where the bad guys can jump out at you?), but the acting and writing is better than most. It held my attention throughout and I was entertained. There was a lot of violence, but I actually don't think it's as gory as most in this genre. Expand
  17. DavidR.
    Mar 1, 2010
    I went into this with quite low expectations. I thought the trailer looked good but fully expected just another run of the mill horror. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this film has some smarts. Its played straight for one thing - I've never been a fan of comedy horror - and it has some genuinely disturbing moments which I won't spoil by revealing. If you're not I went into this with quite low expectations. I thought the trailer looked good but fully expected just another run of the mill horror. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this film has some smarts. Its played straight for one thing - I've never been a fan of comedy horror - and it has some genuinely disturbing moments which I won't spoil by revealing. If you're not sure, give it a go. It won't be a life changing experience but I think you'll enjoy it. Expand
  18. MikeR.
    Feb 26, 2010
    Nice job with good character development. You cared about the sheriff and his wife, and their team and hoped that they would survive. There were some real jolts and scares with a well paced story line.
  19. Aug 11, 2010
    George A. Romero is credited all over as the king and father of zombie films for years he has given moviegoers some of the most frightening and definitive zombie films ever made and it all began in 1968 with a little know black and white independent film called "Night of the living Dead"(1968). Which is cited as the films that jump started the zombie sub genre (and officially beganGeorge A. Romero is credited all over as the king and father of zombie films for years he has given moviegoers some of the most frightening and definitive zombie films ever made and it all began in 1968 with a little know black and white independent film called "Night of the living Dead"(1968). Which is cited as the films that jump started the zombie sub genre (and officially began the zombie craze that has lasted far longer than it should have). Then in 1973 Romero came out with his second zombie another little know for film for its time tentatively entitled, â Expand
  20. Aug 27, 2010
    You will have seen this movie many times before and there was no real reason for a remake (since they didn't bother with updating the subtext much), but if the dawn of the zombie apocalypse holds strange fascination for you, you will not mind seeing ih again Midwestern-style. Far from great, this was still more fun than the latest two Romero offerings.
  21. Oct 17, 2010
    An actual good zombie(ish) movie. This one is a little different then the rest, because the people maintain some personality, they simply wish to kill more. Kind of weird and creepy near the end, but overall pretty good.
  22. Oct 20, 2010
    A pretty well-made film and it was done very well. I got the same feeling I got from 28 days later. There are a few scenes that terrified me, and there are a few scenes that pissed me off, but I would recommend this to anyone for a halloween-horror movie-extravaganza for those who still do them. All-in-all, good movie.
  23. Nov 16, 2011
    THE CRAZIES is a great remake, the film was filled with suspenseful scenes and cringe worthy moments (in a good way). The acting was also decent as well.
  24. Jun 16, 2012
    For what It's worth, it must be hard to make a zombie-esque film as they've been done like dinner. Overcooked and all! Did 'The Crazies' feature characteristic, horror film cliches? Why yes, it did. Truthfully it would be hard not too given the genre is overstuffed with these type of movies. However the finished product (in truth) turned out to be a lot more fresh and original than mostFor what It's worth, it must be hard to make a zombie-esque film as they've been done like dinner. Overcooked and all! Did 'The Crazies' feature characteristic, horror film cliches? Why yes, it did. Truthfully it would be hard not too given the genre is overstuffed with these type of movies. However the finished product (in truth) turned out to be a lot more fresh and original than most living dead features these days. Not too shabby for a remake. As long as you're not expecting to bare witness to a Academy award-winning screenplay you'll be fine. Expand
  25. Jan 2, 2012
    It is scary and smart until the crappy and disappointing ending it has. It also features lackluster performances and predictable plot elements that have a major role in the film. I give this movie 55%.
  26. Nov 16, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Desde su inicio es inquietante, no decae, miedo a la locura, personajes bien retratados, efecto zombie bien construido, el gobierno siempre es el malo, mantiene la expectación y genera adrenalina. Expand
  27. Oct 13, 2012
    A relentless, brutal horror remake that replaces thoughful scares for non stop brutality. Though the film isn't really very scary, the gore and brutal nature elevate it above most horror remakes.
  28. Nov 15, 2012
    Everyone wants to take a shot at the post-apocalyptic zombie film. Someday, someone will make that film the right way, and I'll give it a four-star review. Unfortunately, today isn't that day, and The Crazies isn't that film. This Romero remake is the one that got away. But it was fun trying to land it.
  29. Dec 8, 2012
    Surprising solid. Definitely a few too many "convenient" moments, but that's common for horror films. Overall, I really liked this one. I definitely recommend it!
  30. Nov 19, 2013
    The sequences of action are very well made ​​and will not let you look away, even if at times you feel not satisfied, in most of the film, it makes you believe.
  31. May 25, 2014
    The Crazies was actually not that bad of a film i didnt really care to see this when it first came out as most remakes tend to end up being crap and seeing thats its a remake of a George A. Romero cult classic i really had no intentions of seeing it. Now i had heard that the film wasnt that bad but i just never got around to watching it. Well seeing that i had bought it on dvd at one pointThe Crazies was actually not that bad of a film i didnt really care to see this when it first came out as most remakes tend to end up being crap and seeing thats its a remake of a George A. Romero cult classic i really had no intentions of seeing it. Now i had heard that the film wasnt that bad but i just never got around to watching it. Well seeing that i had bought it on dvd at one point im not sure when because sometimes ill just buy like 50 movies at a time when they are on sale. Anyways for a remake stand point its one of the better ones that either stands with its original or passes it depending on the viewer.

In the quiet small town of Ogden Marsh Iowa strange things are starting to happen to its residents making them extremely violent killing people. David (Timothy Olyphant) the towns sheriff investigates a body floating in the towns swamp found by some hunters. David and Russell (Joe Anderson) his deputy discover a military plane under the water in which David quickly figures out that the plane has contaminated the water that supplies the town. From here he follow David as him and a few others kill to survive and escape the town that by this time has already gone to ****

Overall i give it a 6.5
  32. Dec 18, 2014
    A film with a lot of *ahem* heart, The Crazies not only improves on the original, but gives a "Walking Dead' style to the film (If you can see it) that makes It a film you can root for. With that being said, you should also be sufficiently entertained.
  33. Apr 19, 2014
    This is a good horror movie with good actors and good effects.The atmosphere is really scary.This remake(with more budget) is better than the one of Romero.
  34. Dec 13, 2014
    "The Crazies" sends you head-first into an appropriately crazy movie. It has great gore and makeup effects, the characters all had good personalities, and the acting and cinematography were great. The middle of the film does get a little slow, and there are some scenes that you just shake your head in disbelief at the plot holes, but this movie has a lot of great action, tension, and emotion.

After "Zombieland," The Crazies struggles to find novelty and laughs, and must battle the overwhelming sense that we’ve been here, seen this too often and too recently to experience any real surprises.
    Despite a midfilm lull of his own, Eisner stages a series of nifty action sequences, nearly all of which feature a moment of surprise, as well as gruesome wit.
    A perfectly competent genre film in a genre that has exhausted its interest for me, the Zombie Film.