6.5

Aug 28, 2001
    Very funny.
  2. BrawnyLad
    Sep 3, 2004
    A fun spin on Bob Hope films of the 40s. Interesting to see how widely the professional critics ranged on this! Often directly contradicting each other on the particulars. Such as whether or not there was on-screen chemistry between Allen and Hunt. I think that she wasn't, by nature, zany enough for the part.
  3. BuffyN.
    Aug 24, 2001
    Compared to other first-run shlock out there, this one's a frequently amusing comedy that hangs together, for the most part, and is fun to watch for the art direction alone.
  4. SeamusO.
    Aug 27, 2001
    A fun and entertaining film. Not his greatest but still heads and shoulders above the rest of the drivel coming out of Hollywood these days.
  5. BobS.
    Apr 4, 2002
    I laughed (woody always makes me laugh). My wife stayed awake. Can't ask for much more.
  6. YoonC.
    Sep 15, 2003
    Woody Allen sleepwalks both as character and director in this movie. It's Allen directing by the numbers; more an exercise than art. But, the formula works, the actors seem to having fun, and if you like Allen's persona, it's just endearing enough to recommend.

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    Allen's good with the material, but Hunt sparkles, repeatedly razoring her diminutive antagonist to shreds.
    Although there's no evidence of sexual chemistry on the screen, the stars share a certain physical defensiveness that occasionally makes them seem simpatico; most of the time, however, they just look bored to death.
  3. One thing I especially like about it, apart from the flavorsome 40s decor in color, is that it's silly in much the same way that many small 40s comedies were.