5.8

1. Oct 29, 2010
    never read the book, and never seen this before until now. I heard that it was a bad movie, but according to the Wikipedia article of films in 2006, it was one of the grossing movies of the year. so, why a 6/10? well, its not my favorite movie, but good thing it had Tom Hanks and Ian Mckellen in it.
  2. Aug 3, 2011
    It suffers from blandness , boringness The Da Vinci code gets dorky in pace , and gets very flat with no emotions. I love History or any stuff related to Historic events, mysteries and question. But The Da Vinci Code does not pull me through the wonderings.
  3. Aug 1, 2011
    easily one of the best films i have ever seen i think that it really finds a way to connect with the audience and makes you think about things in a different perspective
  4. Feb 6, 2012
    I enjoyed this movie. The story was fascinating if you ask me. The ones who disliked this movie are probably some fanatic christians who are blindly following the Catholic church, or maybe they really didnt like this one. I am a muslim and we believe Jesus too, but not as a god like Church people do, just as a prophet. So this movie was an interesting one.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    Fantastic Movie full of suspense. Of course the story is setup, of course Hollywood is greeting us. But if you want a great entertainment after work see that movie. I very much enjoyed doing so. Same as Part 2 the "Illuminati"
  6. Nov 26, 2012
    Boring. I'm required to write a much long review just to qualify as a metacritic review. But for this laborious snoozefest, one word would really suffice: boring. Tom Hanks: boring. Gandalf: boring. French people: boring. See something else.
  7. Dec 23, 2011
    Though I haven't read the book, I just know the book is better and the movie is pretty silly, but it's as intelligent and suspenseful as the book and it takes the plot seriously. Despite the fact Ron Howard's work wasn't that good, it has a good movie picture of the Da Vinci Code and Italy and the characteristics of the characters are a good part of the story throughout the movie.
  8. Feb 23, 2013
    As I said in my review of Angels Demons, The Da Vinci Code was great, but it was ruined for me by having just seen National Treasure. They may have been searching for different things and in different situations, but to me the movies are far too similar. I honestly felt like The Da Vinci Code, was a slower, less interesting version of National Treasure. Tom Hanks was amazing as always, but in general the movie was slower and far less interesting to me. It's unfair to compare it to something else, but based on its own merits, it was very entertaining, well acted, and well written, but it was also very slow at times, wordy, and somewhat confusing. Overall it's very good, if you plan on seeing it, don't watch National Treasure first! Expand
  9. Nov 8, 2012
    It was well acted, interesting from start to finish, and was a pretty entertaining mystery as well. I really enjoyed watching it and don't see how people can hate it so much.
  10. Mar 30, 2012
    I loved the mystery to th Da Vinci Code. It is a smart and brillant film with thrills throughout. Add Hans Zimmer's powerful score and you have an excellent blockbuster summer movie.
  11. Nov 4, 2013
    "The Da Vinci Code" is a dull and overlong adaptation of Dan Brown's novel. Director Ron Howard has taken a decent thoughtful book and turned it into a talky and silly film.
  12. Aug 30, 2013
    Excellent and epic!!! I really enjoyed that picture!! The music from Hans Zimmer was perfect and I want to watch it again!!! A surprisingly excellent crime thriller!!!

1. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Director Ron Howard and screenwriter Akiva Goldsman have conspired to drain any sense of fun out of the melodrama, leaving expectant audiences with an oppressively talky film that isn't exactly dull but comes as close to it as one could imagine with such provocative material.
  2. Da Vinci never rises to the level of a guilty pleasure. Too much guilt. Not enough pleasure.
    Ron Howard's splendid The Da Vinci Code is the Holy Grail of summer blockbusters: a crackling, fast-moving thriller that's every bit as brainy and irresistible as Dan Brown's controversial bestseller.