Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 20, 2012
Universal acclaim based on 3842 Ratings
3,219
WATCH NOW
dROK83Aug 9, 2012
To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, andTo say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character. Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job, and really surprised me as Selina Kyle. I also liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, and loved how they used his character in the film.

While it seemed a little rushed at times, even at 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought Nolan managed to wrap everything up nicely in the end. A fitting conclusion to what has become my new favorite trilogy.
TimhortonsAug 10, 2012
Its a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave oneIts a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batman is just impossible. Expand
btzneb92Aug 12, 2012
I'm saying it right now: This kicked "The Avengers" ass, placing this movie to be my favorite film of the year so far. Not to mention that this final installment solidly places Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy to be the best superhero seriesI'm saying it right now: This kicked "The Avengers" ass, placing this movie to be my favorite film of the year so far. Not to mention that this final installment solidly places Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy to be the best superhero series in cinema (It could have been Spider-Man if "Spider-Man 3" didn't **** everything up). I have to place this movie at the bottom of the installments, leaving "Batman Begins" still my favorite installment, but that in no way in hell means that the term "weak" can be applied in this movie. It's incredibly difficult to compare the installments to each other, because all of them are so different from each other, in their types of genres alone. "Batman Begins" is crime noir, "The Dark Knight" is a pyschological thriller, while "The Dark Knight Rises" is an event action-oriented spectacle. Yes, this movie lacks some of the logic that the previous film have, along with the plot being a mess at times, but that in no way makes it any less of a great movie. Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman is fantastic, Tom Hardy as Bane definitely gives off a threatening presence, while JGL as John Blake/Robin makes as a strong and likable character. The film easily is the most comic book movie of the entire trilogy, but it's done well with the vision of scope and spectacle that Nolan provides. Again, awesome movie. Can't wait to see it again. A satisfying conclusion to the best superhero series in cinema. Expand
aunjel29Aug 21, 2012
Well what can i say about this movie...it was pretty good but it was extremely long more than 2 hours wtf i was getting cranky but overall it was good
dinojay2Aug 25, 2012
Bane is one of the best villains in a long time. Fascinatingly strange. And Nolan does a typically great job of working in other story lines without forcing it.
kingofbrooklinAug 26, 2012
First off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is aFirst off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes sense and feels complete. I would compare this movie to the Return of the Jedi. Sure it's not the best of the 3, but it creates a logical conclusion worthy of the trilogy as a whole. Expand
kof-dropSep 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What impressed me the most about The Dark Knight (yes, I mean the previous film) was that it brought some very deep ideas into play, namely morality, but also chaos, motive, madness, monstrosity, and resilience. All are absolutely brilliant in the film. And so, The Dark Knight Rises falls (haha) a little short to me, because it is mainly just a story. I will concede that the film very effectively addresses the fall of an icon and its subsequent return, the heavy toll paid by a hero and his loved ones, and, most of all, faith. All of these elements of the film are exceptionally well done. Christopher Nolan has not yet lost his power to guide, appal, and uplift an audience.

But it is, after all, mainly just a story. It feels like a long 2 hours and 44 minutes, winding through layers of plot to reach an inevitable conclusion. It is a very good story, of course, but it feels as though, in his haste to get it all out, Nolan overlooked the important details. He forgot his strong characters, already thoroughly developed by the previous two films, but falling short here. He forgot the brilliant, anarchic pulse that drives The Dark Knight to make it one of the most captivating films ever. And he welcomed Hollywood. He welcomed meaningless action and cheesy one-liners, while tossing aside the realism that made the first two films so unique as superhero flicks.

The film begins, as The Dark Knight also did, by introducing its villain. Bane's reputation is very quickly established by nothing more than a few comments and glances, which is incredibly efficient. However, Bane's entrance in TDKR does not wholly compare to the Joker's in TDK. The skillful mastermind that is Bane is not truly made evident to me until later in the film. While Hardy's performance in this scene, and the rest of the film, is great, the series of events just do not stack up to the Joker's brilliant (and totally original) bank robbery. The opening scene in TDKR gives me enough a sense of how terrifying Bane is, but it does not adequately display his genius.

As the film moves on from Bane, it introduces quite a few brand new characters, most notably Miranda Tate, John Blake, Selina Kyle, and Deputy Commissioner Foley. This is too many new characters. Of these, only Selina Kyle is sufficiently developed, with Blake a close second, though I feel he could have used a lot more development. These characters end up using a lot of screen time for the sole purpose of plot advancement. They steal the screen from Batman, Alfred, and Bane, and they do not accomplish a whole lot in return.

But let's talk about some good stuff. In this film, we see Bruce Wayne brought all the way down from his high point in The Dark Knight. He is completely broken from the start. We get the sense that he wants to face Bane just so he can end his own misery, and the thought tears Alfred to pieces. We also see Bruce broken even further from this point, which is disheartening, until he finally rises from it all the splendid hero that he deserves to be. The ups and downs are very powerful. There is a broad theme of faith throughout the film:

The common man has faith that the Batman will rise again in a time of dire need. The children of Gotham have heard legends, and their world has darkened since his departure, so they long to see him return. John Blake draws a chalk bat wherever he goes. He's tyring to keep the idea alive - after all, Batman is not a man but an idea, as we have been told time and time again since Batman Begins.

Alfred sees his own faith torn to pieces - faith that he once held in both himself and Bruce, and the power of an ideal. This is the most powerful part of the movie, emotionally. Michael Caine's performance is amazing; he is so, so heartbroken. He considers it a personal failure to have Bruce feeling so alone and miserable.

And Bruce Wayne, once so confident in his symbol and his gadgets, finds himself utterly broken and shackled by fear, the very thing that he taught himself to manipulate in Batman Begins. He has truly come full circle, defeated by his own alter ego.

But despite Bruce Wayne's defeat, it seems that the symbol itself is eternal. This movie, continuing the tradition of the previous two, exercises the idea that a hero can be anyone. That Batman is not the man, but the mask. I think it's a powerful idea, and the film executes it well. In fact, Christian Bale does not even have a lot of screen time (this is both good and bad, but good for now). The movie has quite a few unsung heroes.

For a much more lengthy and in-depth review, see my blog at kofdrops.blogspot.com.
Rox22Apr 7, 2013
For me this is really an extremely over-hyped movie. and thanks to the hype it led me to be a bit disappointed. For a movie about Batman, Batman isn't really in it that much. Tom Hardy does a great job of portraying Bane & Anna Hathaway is aFor me this is really an extremely over-hyped movie. and thanks to the hype it led me to be a bit disappointed. For a movie about Batman, Batman isn't really in it that much. Tom Hardy does a great job of portraying Bane & Anna Hathaway is a fantastic Catwoman. But even with top end effects and great acting, it does not save it from some sloppy writing. So much detail went inot almost everything in this movie, yet there are so many plot holes and "convenient" occurrences to give this film the credibility it desperately wants. On top of that, it has soooo much padding that it feels like it goes on forever. This movie could easily have been cut down to a more reasonable running time. Still, I digress. I still think it is a great movie. Not as good as the previous one but better than all the other batman movies (aside from Tim Burton's Batman.)

Overall: Dark Knight Rises perhaps tries to do too much and in that gets a little lost at times. Still, Nolan did succeed to make an epic ending to his saga and I still thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
Darknightfan200Jan 11, 2013
How can I describe this movie batman the dark knight rises well with one simple word EPIC everything about the movie is great. I love the cast and how. it didn't change from the other batman movies I also like the new cast members such asHow can I describe this movie batman the dark knight rises well with one simple word EPIC everything about the movie is great. I love the cast and how. it didn't change from the other batman movies I also like the new cast members such as cat women ( Anne Hathaway ) defiantly a great way to end the batman trilogy great work Nolan Expand
eagleeyevikingDec 17, 2013
The Dark Knight Rises is an immensely satisfying conclusion to The Dark Knight trilogy although it doesn't really match up to the heights of its predecessor.
JuliohannibalJul 20, 2012
I do NOT like the 100% or out of ten scores... but I need to anyways. I give this a 9 because it was a terrific film just like the prev two but with some flaws. It was rushed in the first hour, probs cus the original cut is too long for aI do NOT like the 100% or out of ten scores... but I need to anyways. I give this a 9 because it was a terrific film just like the prev two but with some flaws. It was rushed in the first hour, probs cus the original cut is too long for a theatrical release. I'm now excited to get the blu ray version...

I say check this movie out because it's a great movie on its own. The narrative is the best one in the series since BB. All the actors were great in it (especially Hathaway, Bale, and Caine), the filmmaking was fantastic (glorious in IMAX. Cinematography is easily the best in years. Nolan's vision and scope is well put on screen. Very epic) and the script was well written (although it has some plot holes)

I do not understand the 70 ish score from the critics. I love Ebert and I was put down by his score, it did not match with his review at all. What the critics and Nolan haters are doing is nit picking, extreme nit picking at that. Nolan concludes this trilogy in honorable fashion and I loved it. My favorite Batman movie, although TDK is a better film. The trilogy is just an engrossing epic itself... I love how the three films are all completely different in tone and style.

BUT the movie can make the audience feel uncomfortable, it's almost 3 hours long and it's very much like a war drama and epic. I do not think people like disturbing and unfamiliar epics so that's probably a big factor to why so many critics did not like it. Bane is also a different villain, he is the embodiment of terrorism and revolutionaries. He's very menacing with his eyes and body movement but many ppl will probably dislike him because he isn't as memorable as Ledger's and Nolan's Joker.

This movie is VERY unique guys, and I really mean unique. It's not even a popcorn flick anymore, it srsly is a war epic with very unfamiliar and confusing style. I love these kind of films but most people do not. PS there isn't a lot of Batman in this movie, which I think is a positive, then again ppl want more Batman...

So to conclude this messy review (lol) I admire Nolan for really making an unique film and truly making a TRUE TO THE CORE Batman movie. It felt like Returns, Knightfall, and Dark Victory. I truly love Nolan for making it so different and unexpected, that even critics had a hard time watching this! I truly admire Nolan. He is a genius of a kind. He will be remembered for this trilogy and TDK trilogy has the biggest impact on me as trilogies and series go.

So don't go in expecting Avengers. This is a true and real movie, in time people will see this as a classic

PPS (jesus, I need to organise my writing!) Now I can't see Mr Ebert the same way as before... he gave Spidey 3.5/4, Avengers 3/4 and TDKR 3/4.... how is TDKR in the same league as the first two :( I liked them all but c'mmon man... I am a huge fan of Ebert but he just ruined it now. His review... and that score.. They both don't match! Now, as I said I hate the 10/10 or 100% type of scoring so I'll give a more accurate score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

(btw that's ★★★★1/2 couldn't find any half stars so that's its
AlnORTIZJul 21, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is a near-perfect masterpiece, my favorite film of the year so far, one of the best superhero films ever made, and one of the most fitting conclusions to a film series ever. The cast is at its best here and the storyThe Dark Knight Rises is a near-perfect masterpiece, my favorite film of the year so far, one of the best superhero films ever made, and one of the most fitting conclusions to a film series ever. The cast is at its best here and the story will keep you on the edge of your seat when the amazing action scenes take place. The climax is one of the most breathtaking I've ever seen and the conclusion make the last couple of minutes of the film so satisfying and wrap the trilogy up nicely. Definitely go see it and keep the victims o the horrific Colorado shooting in hearts as well. Expand
AtTheMoviesJul 20, 2012
Saw it last night. In a Marathon of the other two. One of the best movies that I have seen in a very, very long time. The words Masterpiece could pretty easily be used. I saw the entire trilogy back to back. As a whole, Nolan's Dark KnightSaw it last night. In a Marathon of the other two. One of the best movies that I have seen in a very, very long time. The words Masterpiece could pretty easily be used. I saw the entire trilogy back to back. As a whole, Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is greater then the sum of its parts. It is the engrossing tragedy of Bruce Wayne. The last hour or so is just completely non-stop. Gut wrenching and emotional. I wont tell you what happens at the end, but I was damn near tears.

What everyone is wondering is whether it is better then The Dark Knight. There is no better or worse, it is just different. As a villain, the Joker represented unplanned, unhinged chaos. As he put it, he is a dog just chasing a car, with no thoughts of what will happen when he gets it. Bane represents the same evil, harnessed with a plan. He knows exactly what he is going to do. The best way that I could describe Bane is as a mix between Hannibal Lecter and the Hulk. On the outside, a complete and utter savage brute. But in his mind, he is incredibly crafty, witty, and cordial in an odd way.

My highest recommendations goes out for this film. It was an experience watching it, and it easily is the best film of the year.
Tremor2005Jul 23, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I won't go into superlatives, simply pros and cons.

Pros:
1) Performances all round are exceptional. Bale dials back the voice and portrays a broken Bruce/Batman very well, Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) and Caine (Alfred the Butler) are as strong and dependable as ever, and there are fantastic performances from newcomers Anne Hathaway (a revelation as Catwoman), Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate), Tom Hardy (a physical beast as Bane) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in particular as city-cop John Blake. Well done to those who guessed where he ends up.
2) Action sequences are thrilling throughout (from opening plane-hijacking to city-wide end chase/brawl via brutal fight between our hero and villain), both in terms of effects, pacing and execution.
3) For me, the ending(s) were very nice indeed.

Cons:
1) As has been much publicised by others, I had real trouble hearing some of the dialogue - particularly when Bane was speaking quietly. There was one conversation in the middle of the film where he and Batman were almost murmuring to each other under an ill-advised loud moment in the otherwise excellent score by Hans Zimmer.
2) Morgan Freeman doesn't get much to do, although adding time for him might have stretched the film a bit too far.
3) Whilst I don't necessarily agree, I can understand the small complaints that it takes a bit of time to get going.

Conclusion:
The film would be great as a stand-alone film, but as a trilogy ender it's an absolute belter. There aren't many action trilogies to match it - including the original Star Wars trilogy in my opinion - and we are unlikely to see another superhero story like it for many, many years.
heyitsmegrif4Jul 25, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises has flaws, and it doesn't live up to the excitement of its predecessor. Yet, it has breathtaking action, dazzling visual effects, and is as emotionally powerful as the finale of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. ItThe Dark Knight Rises has flaws, and it doesn't live up to the excitement of its predecessor. Yet, it has breathtaking action, dazzling visual effects, and is as emotionally powerful as the finale of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. It features incredible performances from Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotilliard, Michael Kane, and Tom Hardy who makes for a terrifying villain. With an amazing original score from Hans Zimmer and breathtaking,thrilling action; this makes for a satisfying and beautiful conclusion to one of the greatest trilogies ever put to film. I give this movie 98%. Expand
XerSMMackJul 22, 2012
First, I must say that this is the best film I have ever seen produced for an IMAX screen. I went in with tentatively high expectations. I truly thought The Dark Knight was an excellent film, not just an excellent Super Hero flick. The DarkFirst, I must say that this is the best film I have ever seen produced for an IMAX screen. I went in with tentatively high expectations. I truly thought The Dark Knight was an excellent film, not just an excellent Super Hero flick. The Dark Knight Rises was as good if not better. Like most movies in the genre, the hero has to seem down and out only to make a heroic comeback. While you would expect the same here, the journey to a supremely climactic finish is anything but formulaic. This movie made me rethink my feelings about The Avengers (which I gave a 10) in that a super hero film need not be cheesy, childish, or humorous to be great. This truly was a dark night where glimmers of hope seem to evaporate with thunderous booms. Only to leave you applauding with everyone else as the credits roll. Expand
Jerry80Jul 22, 2012
"The Dark Knight Rises" is a bittersweet viewing experience, an exhilarating dramatic adventure so fully engaging that when it reaches it's powerful and emotional climax, you leave the theater feeling like you are saying goodbye to a dear"The Dark Knight Rises" is a bittersweet viewing experience, an exhilarating dramatic adventure so fully engaging that when it reaches it's powerful and emotional climax, you leave the theater feeling like you are saying goodbye to a dear friend you will never see again that makes this the crown jewel of superhero epics and one of the most satisfying and complete movie trilogies ever made. As much as I want to see another Batman movie, I can't imagine one without Christian Bale under the direction and talents of Christopher Nolan who so fully realized this character and the drama of the relationships and themes that make the Dark Knight legend so resonant and real. Thanks to Chris Nolan and company for presenting Bruce Wayne's journey in a way I don't see anyone ever surpassing. Bravo to series veterans Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and to new cast members Tom Hardy, Marion Cottilard and especially Anne Hathaway as the definitive Selina Kyle. It's been a hell of a 9 year ride getting here! The best of the trilogy. Expand
TrevorCantuJul 20, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight Rises concludes Christopher Nolan's dark and triumphant Batman trilogy. For seven years, Nolan's reboot has reached acclaim and this final Batman flick has easily been one of the most anticipated movies of all time.

After eight years of no Batman, a terrorizing masked pro-wrestler has come to burn Gotham to ashes with a master plan to overthrow the higher classes. After his stock market stunt he leaves Wayne Enterprises wiped out financially. Bruce Wayne reaches out to Miranda Tate (Marion Cotillard), a millionaire who can help Wayne. Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), a cat burglar also known as Catwoman, comes across Wayne after steeling his mother's pearls but is also after a "clean slate", that Wayne can give her. John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a young cop who is nothing short of heroic. Nolan provides us with many new characters and manages to present them as fresh instead of overwhelming.

The Dark Knight set the bar very high for this movie and with the absence of the Joker, who Heath Ledger made one of his most memorable performances of, finding another villain who could top that brilliance was seen as almost impossible. Bane (Tom Hardy), a B-list villain was something of a genius idea. A villain who is as powerful as Batman and makes Batman's job nearly impossible. Although we didn't get the humor that we were left with by the Joker and still, Bane doesn't quite live up to the Joker's glory, Hardy did leave us with a great villain and Nolan succeeds at making this B-lister feel like an A-list villain. The mask does take away a bit of personality but Hardy does give an impressive performance only using his expressions with his eyes and body language. you will leave the theater withe the epic and evil voice that Bane provides us with, done so well, stuck in your head. The presence of the other new characters like Catwoman and Miranda Tate also help make up for the missing Joker.

Nolan's final Batman film doesn't fall short of it's predecessors. The legend ends with one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. We are left with a truly triumphant finale.
larkin2010Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight was my favourite film, and it was because of this I feared that The Dark Knight Rises would be a disappointment. At no point during the entirety of the film did I feel in any way disappointed by the film. TDKR ends the trilogyThe Dark Knight was my favourite film, and it was because of this I feared that The Dark Knight Rises would be a disappointment. At no point during the entirety of the film did I feel in any way disappointed by the film. TDKR ends the trilogy in truly style, capturing a scale never managed by Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. A must see film. Expand
Tall_But_ShortJul 20, 2012
The weakest of the Batman trilogy. But that doesn't mean the movie is bad. In fact, it is far from it. From Christopher Nolan, i expected much more though. Anne Hathaway was brilliant as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane. The movie is plaguedThe weakest of the Batman trilogy. But that doesn't mean the movie is bad. In fact, it is far from it. From Christopher Nolan, i expected much more though. Anne Hathaway was brilliant as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane. The movie is plagued with some plot holes though which I wont spoil but are obvious during the course of the film. This will make other superhero films seem childlike and the twists and turns of this movie are fantastic but overall, funwise, Marvel's The Avengers was the superior film. I had a blast cheering with my fellow midnight movie-goers and even though this film was a blast, it was the weakest entry of the Dark Knight saga. Expand
FyouwannabeturdAug 1, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F you all wannabe haters. Seriously , i've seen people giving low rates because they COULDN'T **** UNDERSTAND THE DAMN movie, seriously, if you're that dumb, go back to your The Iron Lady crappy sleepy overrated movie.
That last movie was the conclusion i was hoping for, the music, the acting was perfect, the dialogues, they connected lots of points from the previous movies. **** when alfred told he had to quit, i almost cryied (friends nearby, couldn't) , right when you're starting to get a lil' bit bored, it goes and BAM! another **** amazing thing happens, not explosions and that, it's things that blow your mind, like when that freaking catwoman locked him against Bane.
Now talking about Bane, his voice was pretty darn good, **** you wannabe haters saying that it looks like Darth Vader's, it was good.
Seriously, it makes me mad people giving low grades, saying **** like "Oh, i couldn't understand it and i'm sure half of the people that watched also can't" or "It's only explosions and especial effects".
To those retards i only say that: GO BACK TO YOUR STUPID BORING DOCUMMENTARY MOVIES, or back to that surprisingly bad, boring and annoying movie called The Iron Lady, or the King's Speech.
AnotherRapFanJul 20, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The conclusion to this cultural phenomenon of a series did not leave me disappointed in the slightest. Being a big movie fan, as well as having a pretty thorough knowledge of the history of the comic, I was very pleased with how Christopher Nolan handled the final installment of his trilogy. The story is great, the acting is great from every member of the main ensemble (Bale, Hardy, Hatheway, Caine, Oldman, Cotillard, Gordon-Levitt and Freeman all do excellent jobs) and the presentation is stunning as well. To ask this film to live up to the magnitude of it's predecessor is incredibly unfair and while it isn't a greater showing than thee last one it's still a high quality blockbuster, and very fitting conclusion to the series. Bane is, in my opinion, about the perfect villian to follow up The Joker and while I was skeptical initially, the inclusion of Selina Kyle definitely adds to the film. Again, I think the film was excellent. The characters, plot, visuals, and score were all fantastic and the film did I good job tying the evolution of Bruce Wayne throughout the films together. I do not want to (and won't) give much away but the only qualms I had with this movie were that, first,as others have said, the storytelling was a little messy until about half way through ( i might even say rushed even though half way is about 80 minutes in). Secondly, the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Miranda Tate develops suddenly without much foundation. Lastly and least importantly, I had trouble understanding Bane a couple times but this is really rather minimal as it only happened with two or three lines and I was still able to make out what he said. All in all I really enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it to anyone who likes movies or is even a lukewarm fan of the series. Expand
anubis424Jul 20, 2012
Terrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The realTerrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The real accomplishment here is the humanization of its characters. We see everyone at their most vulnerable, and that is what is so utterly chilling. Being a Bat-nut I saw the twists coming from a mile away, but those not well versed in the universe should be in for a pleasant surprise. Hardcore fans might gawk at the liberties Nolan takes with the mythos, but Nolan provides a new spin on a classic chapter that only he could pull off without me screaming "blasphemy." It really is a fitting end to an excellent trilogy. Expand
moviekretikJul 20, 2012
Not all critics hailed it as good as its immediate predecessor, but in all honesty TDKR is as good as The Dark Knight. Yes no one can match a truly magnificent performance by the late H. Ledger which make his last made film truly legendaryNot all critics hailed it as good as its immediate predecessor, but in all honesty TDKR is as good as The Dark Knight. Yes no one can match a truly magnificent performance by the late H. Ledger which make his last made film truly legendary and makes this last installment of Nolan's Batman really hard to finish and above all else TDK has put this last sequel on pedestal of everyone's eye, expecting higher than the usual but Hardy's performance as Bane make it big for this movie and of course Nolan's grand finale has its ground-breaking spectacular and non-stop nail-biting climax that would put you on the edge of your seat gripping till the last scene.

The script was greatly made by the Nolan brothers. There were a lot of new cast which you would think they're irrelevant but evidently it was a necessity to the climax. The acting was superb especially Hardy, Bale, Gordon-Levitte,and Caine. The plot and story and directing was amazing and real, I don't know how Nolan's brain works but it is amazingly effective.

TDKR is the very best finale sequel since LOTR: Return of the King. Of course it is way too better than the third sequel of Spider-Man, X-Men, Blade, even the third Star Wars.Overall TDKR is the best film of 2012 I've seen so far. It is definitely greater than to its competition. It has made The Avengers a child's play as said by TIME movie review. And definitely as great as The Dark Knight. Not all viewers will be pleased by this movie especially some critics, but in all honesty this is one of the greatest movie that has ever made (especially in our time).
pauljohnsonJul 20, 2012
The shortest 3 hours of my life was taken up by one of the most awesome cinema spectacles of all time. An amalgamation of the themes of Begins and Dark Knight coupled with the theme of pain makes for one of the most intense, emotional,The shortest 3 hours of my life was taken up by one of the most awesome cinema spectacles of all time. An amalgamation of the themes of Begins and Dark Knight coupled with the theme of pain makes for one of the most intense, emotional, harrowing and most of all - surprising films made, and arguably, the strongest in the franchise. Great performances all round, especially from Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Michael Caine. Expand
MoviebuffreviewSep 22, 2012
Thanks to powerful performances, exciting action, and a thrilling script with one of the best endings every in a movie series, The Dark Knight Rises effectively and epically ends Christopher Nolan's masterful Dark Knight trilogy.
HappymonkAug 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First things first, this is definitely not too long, I finished watching and still wanted more of the awesome action. It is not as dark as the Dark Knight, but is almost as good. The acting again (like the first two) is top-notch, with the Batman regulars all acting at their best alongside the new recruits (other than there were a couple of times when I didn't understand what was being said). Catwoman is pretty much perfect in the film, leaving me with a "Year One" taste lingering in my mouth afterwards and Bane was awesome, not Joker awesome but awesome enough, as you really do feel the power of Bane in his punches and character. However, there were a couple of things that just happened, firstly, when Alfred leaves, he just leaves with no more explanation (a minor fault really, as it is explained why he leaves). Secondly, Bane's death was just a little too... fast, but he did break Batman's back which is all kinds of good :) The film wasn't very complicated, and the ending was absolutely fantastic, perfectly rounding things off. While the film wasn't quite up to the incredibly high standards of its predecessor, it is by far the best film I have seen for two years (Toy Story 3 was the last "masterpiece" I saw in the cinema) and definitely lives up to the hype. The Dark Knight Rises is a perfect mix of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight and will (probably) be the best film released this year, so go watch it for goodness sake! Expand
littlefilmsAug 8, 2012
An absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight whichAn absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plot holes" that many speak of are actually misconceptions as there were explanations regarding these plot holes but not in an obvious form because they needn't be- Plus He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN!!!! Expand
Titan11Jul 21, 2012
Another Nolan masterpiece. I love the Batman films and thankfully the last one didn't disappoint. 10/10. Bale comes back to reprise his role as Batman and as always does a fantastic job. Michael Caine is as brilliant as ever as is GaryAnother Nolan masterpiece. I love the Batman films and thankfully the last one didn't disappoint. 10/10. Bale comes back to reprise his role as Batman and as always does a fantastic job. Michael Caine is as brilliant as ever as is Gary Oldman, Ann Hathaway, Tom Hardy who did an awesome job as Bane and the entire cast. The start was a little slow but overall the film was fantastic and a great way to wrap it up, the ending was brilliant. I had always wanted to see an all out war in Gotham were the stakes seemed incredible high, thankfully this film delivered that with some great twists along the way. A strong plot, awesome cast and overall I was extremely impressed. Shame to see it end but least it has gone out on such a high. :) Expand
dryyoshi7Aug 4, 2012
3 words. What a film. This is one of the best films i've ever seen and i'm serious. The suspense in the film was incredible and had loads of crime fighting action. Bane had to be my favourite character, he just had that grizzly tone in his3 words. What a film. This is one of the best films i've ever seen and i'm serious. The suspense in the film was incredible and had loads of crime fighting action. Bane had to be my favourite character, he just had that grizzly tone in his voice that made you think that he sounds cheery and nice, but is so very evil. Overall, a great film and a must see. Expand
Bruce722Nov 29, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight Rises is absolutely amazing and, in my opinion, the movie of the year. Yes, that means I thought it was even better than The Avengers which, in and of itself was also incredible. Batman Begins is still my favorite superhero movie of all-time but this film matchs The Dark Knight if not surpassing it by a hair. I'm big on plot and character development so that's the only potential negative I can give the first Dark Knight. It felt more like an action based movie and got away a bit from the development of the Bruce Wayne character. Well, this movie returns to furthering the development of the protagonist to a very in-depth level. Of course it also had the amazing plot development, action sequences, and dark realism of the first two that made this trilogy as a whole the best set of films in superhero history.

I'm not going to lie, I had some concerns about this movie going in. The first concern was the selection of Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway as Bane and Selena Kyle/Catwoman, respectively. Well, just like Heath Ledger, these surprising selections turned out to be perfect for how the characters were portrayed. As villains go, Heath Ledger's Joker is still the best villain in cinema history as far as I'm concerned but Tom Hardy's Bane comes incredibly close. The only negative I would say here is that there were a few scattered moments where his dialogue was fairly difficult to understand. I think they could've cleaned that up a bit more. Now Catwoman, WOW! I thought Anne Hathaway did an absolutely amazing job here. I honestly think she was by far the best catwoman yet and I don't think she could've done a better job. Kudos to Christopher Nolan once more for seeing what so many other people couldn't.

As I said before, the action sequences were stunning as usual. There's nothing new there. One thing I will say that I loved, as with the first two, is how realistic they manage to keep a lot of the fighting and action scenes. Along with the overall darker tone, the realism has really made this series more enjoyable than ever. The ultimate judge for this movie, though, is how well the plot unravels before your eyes. The first two movies each had pretty intriguing twists and turns that were somewhat unexpected but they don't touch this one in that regard. The discoveries of the Talia al Ghul and Robin characters, Bane's origin and purpose, Catwoman's development (in addition to Batman's as mentioned prior), and all of the tie-ins that round out the trilogy were incredible. Plus, the way the ending unfolds in truly remarkable and writing it here just wouldn't do it justice. I will say this though; I can't wait for the next one, if and when they make it :)
imthenoobAug 31, 2012
It was really rough in the begining but by the end of the film, It was very satisfying to watch. I absolutely loved Bane and thought he was a perfect villain but he didn't get enough on screen time imo. It was a very fitting end to the trilogy.
existenceJul 31, 2012
HEY EVERYBODY!. No spoilers. Yes, the story has many flaws, Yes, the character development could be better. Maybe, Nolan rushed the film a little bit. But hey, The Dark Knight Rises is still the epic conclusion. Enjoy every second of it.
anshimanAug 15, 2012
'Rises' doesn't quite live up to the legacy of the film by which all superhero films are compared to (TDK) but delivers enough spectacle, emotional depth, epic scope to Nolan's Universe and brooding tone to define itself proudly as the'Rises' doesn't quite live up to the legacy of the film by which all superhero films are compared to (TDK) but delivers enough spectacle, emotional depth, epic scope to Nolan's Universe and brooding tone to define itself proudly as the operatic final chapter to a trilogy which masterfully leaped beyond the apparent boudaries of a comic-book film. Nolan's changed things - forever. Expand
RDMovies007Jul 21, 2012
As it stands, it's the weakest Christopher Nolan film that he's ever made. It certainly is the weakest film out of the whole trilogy. After the incredible films that I have witness Nolan make before DNR (Inception, Batman Begins, The DarkAs it stands, it's the weakest Christopher Nolan film that he's ever made. It certainly is the weakest film out of the whole trilogy. After the incredible films that I have witness Nolan make before DNR (Inception, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, Memento); I can tell he was not engaged in Dark Knight Rises as the previous two movies and it shows. having watched the trilogy, the last one was not as seamless or as fluid as his previous efforts. It felt rushed, a few parts took some liberties with story telling, and the third act was didn't do this film justice. Nolan's films on it's own is easily better than 85% of the movies out today. As movie trilogies go, it's easily in the top 5. I'll see Dark Knight Rises again to see if my thoughts change. Expand
SaadatJul 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I walked into this film with extremely high expectations, and I can honestly say that this film completely surpassed my already high expectations. I had to turn to my friend once in a while and I could see that he also looked absolutely astounded. At the beginning of the film I was pulled in by the new characters, Catwoman(Anne Hathaway) and Bane(Tom Hardy), and also pulled in by the completely new portrayal of Bruce Wayne(Christian Bale), which was far different to his performance in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Although I feel that it started in a very similar way to Batman Begins, but this just adds to nostalgic effect. Throughout the film I was constantly mesmerized by the new gadgets that Lucius Fox(Morgan Freeman) offered. This film has a massive amount of character building. The way Bruce Wayne changes from a broken man, both mentally and physically, to the spectacular former hero he was in The Dark Knight. The supporting actors were simply astounding, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Micheal Caine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman did a brilliant job. I think the mystery that surrounded John Blake(Joseph Grodon-Levitt's character) was brilliant. My favourite part of the film by far was the ending. John Blake stumbling upon the Bat-cave, the statue of Batman being revealed in Gotham, Alfred Pennyworth(Michael Caine) finally fulfilling his fantasy of finding Bruce Wayne settled down with a wife, Selina Kyle(Catwoman). I find it brilliant that Alfred also talks about this fantasy near the beginning of the film, this ties together the whole film. The cameo from Ra's Al Ghul(Liam Neeson) was very reminiscent of Batman Begins. The twist involving Miranda Tate(Marion Cotillard) where you find out that she is really Talia Al Ghul is fantastic. The only downside to this film that I could find was Bane's voice. I found he sounded rather like a posh Englishman. All together, this film was by far the best I've ever seen, it was a brilliant ending to a fantastic trilogy. I realise I've used a lot of superlatives in this review, but I assure you this film deserves it, if there is one film I could ever recommend, it would be this one. If you do anything this year, make sure you see this film. I saw it on the opening day and I guarantee you I will definitely see it many more times. Expand
oakley99Jul 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Incredible acting. Perfect balance of action and dramatic storytelling. Edge-of-your-seat intensity. The last film of Nolan's Batman trilogy is absolutely thrilling from beginning to end. While the movie doesn't contain a central villain as unique and iconic as The Dark Knight's Joker, the assortment of new characters and their interweaving stories make for a larger, more intricate movie. Bane's visceral presence brings forth feelings of terror and dread each time he appears on screen, his brutal physicality and authoritative personality a contrast to the wild chaos of the Joker in the previous film. Selina Kyle is the most interesting character in the movie; devilishly sly, sensual, and intelligent, and the dynamic she shares with Bruce Wayne is one of the high points of the film. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's John Blake has a surprising amount of screen time, but none of it is wasted - he evolves into a sort of second hero of the film, willing to do whatever it takes to save Gotham but foregoing the elusiveness and symbolic nature of Batman in favor of an every-man who can connect with the citizens as an actual human. The action set pieces are great, and the visuals stunning. Of particular note is the jet/helicopter hybrid the Bat, which is an amazing sight to behold as it soars throughout Gotham. The fight scenes between Batman and Bane are also a blast to watch, each one a slow, gruesome, bare-knuckle brawl that test the limits of Batman's body and abilities. High speed chases through Gotham, scenes of destruction on a massive scale, and a huge battle royale on the streets make this this most epic movie of the trilogy. This is not the Dark Knight, which was a more cohesive film and contained the best portal of a comic book villain in recent times, but The Dark Knight Rises is spectacular in other ways. Expand
JoshiliciousJul 26, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie I have ever seen. I felt like everything was done right to end this Batman trilogy. It was the most epic, and the most emotional Batman to date, and I couldn't have been happier with theThe Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie I have ever seen. I felt like everything was done right to end this Batman trilogy. It was the most epic, and the most emotional Batman to date, and I couldn't have been happier with the acting, the characters, the music, special effects, and the action in this film. Bruce was more heroic in here than in any Batman film, and we see how human he really is so we connect to him more. Bane was an amazing villain, and actually really creepy. Hardy did a great job with using just his eyes, tone of voice, and body language. It's difficult to get the emotions and the point across with a mask on. He did perfectly. Anne as Selina Kyle was also a great addition to the movie, and she performed brilliantly. All the actors did well in this film, and the movie had a satisfying ending to Nolan's Batman trilogy. It is by far the best comic book movie ever created, and might be the best film ever created. With a smart, brilliant, emotional, heroic film like this, everyone should go to the theater to see it at least once. Maybe even twice. Watching this film opening night was the most fun I have had at the theaters. This is definitely a must see. Expand
GreenmemberAug 8, 2012
It's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role getsIt's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many other films this year that have such a rich, deep, and fantastic story as TDKR. The master shots are beautiful, the characters are distinct and intriguing, the progression is swift and goes well, even if it's a little on the longer side. Still it's 2 hours and 45 minutes of the best story hollywood has to offer. It deserves an Oscar nomination I'd say, and easily reigns as the best film of the year, along with topping off the best film trilogy of all time. Expand
MrRPGAug 15, 2012
BANANAANANANANANANANANANANA BATMAN!!..
This was a very worthy conclusion to the epic batman trilogy..
Sexy!, Action Packed!, Explosions and **** This is a fantastic movie, a must watch!..
Stop reading this review and watch the Goddamn Movie!!
ImOnFireSep 2, 2012
Bane is a boring villain. There was too much Bruce Waine drama for too few Batman action. We were required to take too many leaps of faith. The people from Gotham (I mean, the good citizens) should have had more participation in the movie.Bane is a boring villain. There was too much Bruce Waine drama for too few Batman action. We were required to take too many leaps of faith. The people from Gotham (I mean, the good citizens) should have had more participation in the movie. The story feels a bit recycled, with the difference that this time it also feels nonsensical at parts. Despite all of this, I truly enjoyed the conclusion of the trilogy. Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt really enhanced the movie. The climax of the movie was well developed and I liked the ending. Expand
ReasonsToHateItSep 4, 2012

A comedic Review of The Dark Knight Rises. Take with a grain of salt. Enjoy and don't be too serious.
JoelgladiatorJul 20, 2012
Definitely, this movie has a 9.6, Nolan did what no one else was able to did before, to make the perfect trilogy, everyone has failed with the third movie, even Francis Ford Coppola failed with The Godfather III, but Nolan gave us aDefinitely, this movie has a 9.6, Nolan did what no one else was able to did before, to make the perfect trilogy, everyone has failed with the third movie, even Francis Ford Coppola failed with The Godfather III, but Nolan gave us a surprise,The Dark Knight Rises was the epic final, for the epic trilogy, as I said before, he did what no one else was able to do before, make the third movie better than the second, Batman Begins was really good, Batman The Dark Knight was better, but The Dark Knight Rises is even better, in so many ways, it is impossible to dislike this movie, if someone says that he or she doesn't like this movie, is lying, and is a hater, because it is impossible, this movie is epic, the end was just amazing, I almost had a heart attack, this final movie had everything, it touched my emotions to the very end, I just have to say that Nolan did an amazing work, and sorry to say this Francis Ford Coppola, but my new favorite trilogy is now directed by Nolan. Expand
krorpJul 21, 2012
A wonderful end to the finest superhero-themed trilogy one has ever seen. Every character is developed fantastically, from the villainous Bane to the ever loyal Alfred, the hardened Commissioner Gordon and finally the Caped Crusader himself.A wonderful end to the finest superhero-themed trilogy one has ever seen. Every character is developed fantastically, from the villainous Bane to the ever loyal Alfred, the hardened Commissioner Gordon and finally the Caped Crusader himself. A must see for anyone who wants more than their admission ticket's worth. Expand
jubjub388Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up.The Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up. It takes the elements of Begins and the lie in Dark Knight to make one helluva a trilogy finale. As a Batman and Chris Nolan fan, I think TDKR is the best of the three and possibly Nolan's best, but I can understand if anyone chooses any three as the best. This film has the action, destruction to feed those fans while also having the most emotion for a Nolan film. Nolan really does make you get sucked into the characters he has built over 3 movies. Tom Hardy's performance as Bane really does the character justice with eyes of different emotion and the physicality he brings on screen. Anne Hathaway has to be the breakthrough performance as Selina Kyle, because she brings sexiness, strength, and class to her character. Christian Bale becomes Batman for the last time and delivers his best performance as the character in the trilogy. Wally Pfister's cinematography is top notch and Oscar worthy for this movie of such grand scale. Chris Nolan should at least get his nomination for director for the Oscars this year but who knows. I won't give anything away, but the ending was a great way to end Bruce's story. As a trilogy I think it is right up their with some of the best, and it really is one whole story. The trilogy does circle around if Bruce can become the ideal to become the legend that Ra's al Ghul says in the first film. This truly is the greatest superhero/comic book trilogy/film. Expand
Uton04Jul 20, 2012
The first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his placeThe first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his place in the history of cinema for turning a cult comic book franchise into the most enthralling silver screen experience anyone can ever hope for.The dialogues are sure to resonate for ages;the performances,especially from Christian Bale & Tom Hardy,deserve every possible accolade & each scene simply exudes sheer brilliance.The literal & metaphorical rise of the Dark Knight is displayed with the utmost aplomb & the climax is,in my humble opinion,the greatest conclusion to a masterpiece ever witnessed on the silver screen.Watch the film not only for its magnitude,but for an unbelievably enriching cinematic experience & to be a part of Nolan,the magician's once in a lifetime extravaganza. Expand
wacko2491mJul 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. if you go in the theaters with a view to watch something better than 'the dark knight' , you would be disappointed . But if you go in to watch a super-hero flick you will be amazed with the sheer magnificent ride and would love the movie overall. Better than 'batman begins' and as close to the 'the dark knight' as any super hero flick can go. definitely a must watch for batman fans and a glorified end to a miracle called 'batman- begins' Expand
FilmNostalgiaJul 20, 2012
One word describes this movie EPIC!

One word describes this movie EPIC!

The final chapter of the Dark Knight series goes out with a bang...intense actions sequences, superb acting, great soundtrack, and great story. Watched the midnight IMAX show ....totally worth the price of admission and it was mesmerizing because everything is just flawless! MUST WATCH! best movie of 2012!
bigwy100Jul 20, 2012
Really good special effects, lots more CGI than the previous films, the stunt scenes are examples of perfect choreography.

The storyline is incredibly bleak (in a good way) and at the end of the film we have to say goodbye to some major figures that we have all come to love the previous 2 films. In face, given the amount of characters killed off, we can all be assured that there is no chance of a sequel, as there are no significant characters left to carry on the franchise.

Expect a "To Live and Die In LA" type of superhero film where heroes unexpectedly die. This isn't the traditional Hollywood blockbuster where the good guy lives and the bad guy dies.
cinemaBuff92Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here inThe Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here in Australia. Christopher Nolan surpassed all my expectations and left me with a feeling of deep satisfaction and contentment. The thing that stood out for me was that this film does not try to equal or better 2008's The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises simply compliments the film. It is different in many areas, but these do not in anyway lessen the experience. Christopher Nolan has taken a series that was left in critical and financial darkness and has brought it back from the ashes. Bane is one of the greatest villains to grace our screens and is a perfect match for an instantly recognisable Dark Knight. I have kept in mind that the film is still fresh and audiences around the world are queuing to experience this cinematic masterpiece. I will leave on this not, Do not expect a retelling of the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises is a film all on its own. This film concludes what has become one of the greatest franchises in modern cinema history. Thank you Mr Nolan. The Batman can once again walk with his head held high. Expand
wernytitansJul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises was an outstanding triumph. The direction of the film, the characters, and the action will provide an overall experience that is well worth 11$s for a ticket. To those who compare this to the Avengers; The Avengers is aThe Dark Knight Rises was an outstanding triumph. The direction of the film, the characters, and the action will provide an overall experience that is well worth 11$s for a ticket. To those who compare this to the Avengers; The Avengers is a good movie, but it falls short in many areas that Nolan succeeds. Bane is outstanding, and a certain young detective steals the show. This is the best Superhero film of the decade, probably ever. Expand
veritas-vincitJul 31, 2012
A powerfull film. Una pelicula poderosa, con la capacidad de hipnotizar a quien no busca tecnica pura o guiones perfectos. Simplemente es una pelicula para disfrutar sin juzgar y dejarse llevar a una historia epica que sin dejar de serA powerfull film. Una pelicula poderosa, con la capacidad de hipnotizar a quien no busca tecnica pura o guiones perfectos. Simplemente es una pelicula para disfrutar sin juzgar y dejarse llevar a una historia epica que sin dejar de ser fantasia bien podria suceder en el mundo real. Expand
feyzaguirreAug 12, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises has problems with pace and new characters not fully flushed out but despite all that it still manages to be one of the most densely themed trilogies ever. Better than Begins, not Dark Knight. Amazing score as always, itThe Dark Knight Rises has problems with pace and new characters not fully flushed out but despite all that it still manages to be one of the most densely themed trilogies ever. Better than Begins, not Dark Knight. Amazing score as always, it will be stay on my iPod for sometime. Expand
Wendy1229Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i loveThe Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i love most is that Nolan use live action instead of CGI. The 164 minute film flew by fast. The action pack was outstanding. Tom Hardy as Bane gave a powerful performance. His expressions were the best. Christian Bale did an amazing job as Bruce/ Batman then before. Anne Hathaway stun with her character and Michael Caine as Alfed touched me. Overall the actors were great. There was so much surprising and shocking scences that kept me on the edge it was an emotional, breath taking film. Nolan has given us the best conclusion for the dark knight trilogy. This movie seriously made me cry. Thank you Nolan you have beaten the threequel curse and have given us the ending we deserve. Expand
ArcadianMonsterJul 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight Rises is a good film, it is not a great film. People giving it 10 are trying to say it's as good or better then TDK, which it is nowhere near. Overall, the production value is excellent, the cast and acting are good, but the plot is average at best - basically a repeat of the first film with a few more people involved. I expected something more imaginative then the League of Shadows back in Gotham with another bomb. There's a difference between going back to finish the story, and just straight-up repeating it. You can pair off all the chars to similar roles in the plot. Bane/Scarecrow, Talia/Al Ghul, Rachael/Catwomen. The only new char is the one played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, which unsurprisingly, becomes the most interesting by the end of the film. TDKR is a good film in an excellent trilogy, of which TDK is still the centrepiece. Expand
Someguy004Jul 20, 2012
Surpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhapsSurpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhaps a bit too slow to fully comprehend it) or wanted another batman that was great simply because of a great villain. Bane was not as much the focus of this one as the joker was in the Dark Knight, and the movie is better for it. Bale, Hatheway and Levitt turn in great performances and Bane is a great foil that doesn't completely steal the show. Those familiar with Bane's origins will be pleased this is a great interpretation of the character that.... let's just say doesn't miss any notes :). There is one weird twist that I cannot discuss for the purposes of spoilers that felt rather unnecessary, but it was a real treat for viewers who tire of movies that treat them like idiots Expand
AdmiralGadooshJul 20, 2012
A brilliant ending to the trilogy. It's so refreshing and so worth the final result when a director chooses to use live action rather than CGI for all (well most) of the action scenes. The pacing was a lot better than The Dark Knight which IA brilliant ending to the trilogy. It's so refreshing and so worth the final result when a director chooses to use live action rather than CGI for all (well most) of the action scenes. The pacing was a lot better than The Dark Knight which I felt sometimes didn't really build well throughout and was unbalanced between action / character scenes. Though this time the bulk of the action is left towards the end with a great build up of character though the film which really leaves you actually caring about the characters at the end (unlike most CGI fest superhero films where you couldn't really care). Even though the plot resembles the first film a lot (which I suppose it connected to the "full-circle" talk of the whole series) the new characters kept the film interesting. The only downside for me was Bane. Don't get me wrong, Tom did a great job and he was a great character. He just wasn't really as much as a terrifying character than The Joker and we only really had his eyes and voice to go on as far as emotion went (the latter was a slight disappointment as I spent half the time trying to work out what he was saying). BUT...don't worry there is a great twist to make up for this ;-) Once again Gotham looks great as does the cinematography as a whole. Like the characters the place feels real and somewhere we should really care about and not just another city to destroy in another CGI fest bonanza at the end. I'm not 100% sure if it was the projector at the cinema (which I think it may have been) but my only gripe was some of the scenes seemed a little too dark to the point that I couldn't work out what was happening.

Overall a fantastic ending to a great trilogy. I appreciate films like Avengers for what they are, but for me, this approach to using live action and real characters just makes me care about the overall product a lot more.
jaketyler48Jul 20, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nolan was able to bring his Dark knight trilogy full circle with the dark night raises. You can not compare it to either of the other two films. Unlike the Joker from the dark knight.. Who was more crazy and just rolled with the punches. Bane is pure evil wanting to destroy everything or everyone in his path and he has a plan! Tom Hardy does a great job playing the villain with just his eyes and body language over all! Bale filled out the role of batman perfectly again. The effects were the best out of the 3 films. Just when you think, How can Nolan make this bigger or better. He does, dont doubt the man he is a genius at movie magic . He stays with his own story, yet still sticks well to batman lore. With sprinklings of a little modern day troubles within our own world. The one that was the best and only thing I will give you from the movie is Bane and his men Go into the Gotham stock exchange. One guy says "what do you think your going to steal this is the stock echange there is no Money here?!" Bane replies "If there is no money here then what are you doing here!" With Nolans Batman Trilogy to a satisfying close. The next person that tries to revive the batman series. I wish them the best of luck they will need it. Nolan has placed a big foot print in that department that I dont believe anyone can fill! Expand
MagnificentMJul 20, 2012
SPOILER FREE REVIEW: There is no word grand enough to describe the closing film in the Dark Knight saga. Epic doesn't even come close. It is an experience that is truly transcendent for any big summer blockbuster, let alone a comic bookSPOILER FREE REVIEW: There is no word grand enough to describe the closing film in the Dark Knight saga. Epic doesn't even come close. It is an experience that is truly transcendent for any big summer blockbuster, let alone a comic book adaptation. The movie is set 8 years after the previous film and in the new Gotham crime seems to no longer be the problem, however a new one has begun to grow from the depths of Gotham's sewers, as an increasingly corrupt and greedy 1% take and take and leave nothing for the rest. It is set in a world that so closely resembles our own world in so many ways and Nolan touches on this subject in a way that no other big time director would dare to fathom, nor accomplish with such precision. Some will say that this film is a scathing rejection of socialism, when in fact it shows us the danger of ignoring social and economic injustice, which is at it's extreme a Russian style revolution. But politics and economics aside, the film is still wholly carried by it's intensity and its action, and the action is simply breathtaking. Nolan seems to be the only big budget director left who uses CGI only when absolutely necessary and the effect is very real and impressive, especially during the jaw dropping last 45 minutes of the film. The cast of The Dark Knight Rises is, I think, the best ever assembled for a Batman movie and the surprise best performance comes from Anne Hathaway who is fierce as Catwoman, but also surprisingly human and genuine. She embodies the message of the movie, showing us that all people can change and everyone should have a second chance. Tom Hardy's Bane is perhaps the most fearsome villain I've ever seen on the screen, even if he lacks the electricity that made Heath Ledger's performance in the Dark Knight so monumental. And then there is Marion Cotillard who, even though she wasn't given enough screen time, still managed to steal many of the scenes she was in. Joseph Gordon-Levitt gave a good performance as well, though I don't think he was given enough of a chance to show off his skills. The returning cast was all great as well, particularly Michael Cain. It is inevitable that this film will be compared in every way to it's towering predecessor, and in many ways The Dark Knight Rises is better. For example, the Screenplay seemed much tighter for this film and was almost 100% devoid of cliches that somewhat dogged the first one, and the amazing score by Hans Zimmer seemed to be more thrilling in this film. However, as a whole I think audiences will respond less to this one because of it's much more pensive nature. It doesn't all fly at you with lightning speed like The Dark Knight does. To fully appreciate this movie you have to be fully engaged and you have to come at it with an open mind and a willingness to want more than just a lot of action and violence. My only big complaint about this movie is that even though it was 2 hrs and 45 min long, it still felt to short. Expand
crstfrJul 20, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have no doubt that The Dark Knight rises was the most exhilarating cinematic experience of my life. The suspense was so effectively crafted that after selected scenes, I was shaking. The acting across the board was excellent, particularly Bale, Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway (in my opinion, her sexy, sassy performance was the stand-out). The supporting cast was wonderful as usual, with Caine harnessing some very powerful emotion. Hardy as Bane was very menacing and inspired, but perhaps not quite on par with Ledger's Joker. Also, Bane's voice wasn't perfect and the result of the effect was that it sounded like it was coming from... everywhere, and not his mouth. I thought Cotillard was a tad bland but her role was definitely interesting. The only other criticism I have is that it started a bit slow, and the plot in the beginning was a bit murky but once it took off, it skyrocketed - Bane and Batman's first encounter was electrifying and one of the scenes that left me shaking. Of the script, the dialogue was very good, and Bane's origins were a high point for me. I can't quite decide if it's better than The Dark Knight. I'm tempted to say not (nothing will top The Joker) but as an instalment of the series, it was immensely satisfying and the most enjoyable. I was incredibly pleased with the ending, as I think many fans will be. It ends with the faintest chance of a spin-off, but as it wouldn't be directed by Nolan, I don't think I want to see it happen. In conclusion, it lived up to the hype and even if it does fall slightly short of The Dark Knight, I don't think anyone minds and it was definitely a wonderful film and an excellent conclusion. Expand
DraganstojkeJul 21, 2012
I'm having trouble thinking of something better to write about this movie than "I love it," but it's getting really hard. It's ingenious, tight, character-driven and raw. The reason I was so antsy to see it was because of Bane: one of myI'm having trouble thinking of something better to write about this movie than "I love it," but it's getting really hard. It's ingenious, tight, character-driven and raw. The reason I was so antsy to see it was because of Bane: one of my favorite villains played by one of my favorite actors. And he is a really really scary dude. Comparisons to Darth Vader are completely apt. Tom Hardy does so much with voice and body language that the character is endlessly expressive, despite his face being obscured. I love the way he's always resting his fists in his chest. It's also easy to assume that such a big bloke has porridge for brains, so the way he combines that vicious, brutal and graceful physicality with rather genteel hyper-articulation is really jarring. Bane's voice has a playful lilt to it, as though he's adding a little "isn't it obvious?" and "don't you agree?" to everything he says. Expand
PavzJul 21, 2012
A masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over TheA masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over The Dark Knight simply because I felt Heath Ledger as the Joker was overpowering. His performance was amazing no doubt, but it just seemed to overshadow all of the other performances. In here, the film's roles were split almost evenly between Batman and Bane and there was surprising twists - usually such things are predictable but I didn't see them coming. Bane's great too, although I couldn't take him seriously with the way he spoke. It was apparent he wasn't one to mess with when you saw his superhuman strength. An amazing film, well worth a watch. Expand
dstJul 20, 2012
Sensationally concludes one of the greatest trilogies of modern cinema, and gives Bruce Wayne/Batman a satisfactory ending. Despite seeming muddled, flawed and overly complex at the beginning of the film the final act brings it's entiretySensationally concludes one of the greatest trilogies of modern cinema, and gives Bruce Wayne/Batman a satisfactory ending. Despite seeming muddled, flawed and overly complex at the beginning of the film the final act brings it's entirety together spectacularly and resolves questions that were asked even in the two prior films, bring the trilogy in a fulfilling circle. Expand
martint7198Jul 20, 2012
absolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good justabsolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good just brilliant. beautifully shoot in imax great story and ann hathaway was unbelievable great she totally deserves her own catwoman movie can not recommend this seminal movie any higher GO AND SEE IT NOW Expand
iFyzikalJul 20, 2012
Modern day Citizen Kane. This is a fascistic look at revolt in a city of desperation. Nolan delivers with a grand slam. Epic conclusion to the most epic trilogy of all time.
JamesKeelyJul 20, 2012
An epic, visceral, emotional ride. A truly grand feat of filmmaking. Is it better than The Dark Knight? No. But then again, under the circumstances, there was no way it ever could be. What it IS however, is a fitting conclusion to Nolan'sAn epic, visceral, emotional ride. A truly grand feat of filmmaking. Is it better than The Dark Knight? No. But then again, under the circumstances, there was no way it ever could be. What it IS however, is a fitting conclusion to Nolan's Batman saga, the best film he could have possibly made without Heath Ledger. Nolan has beaten the "superhero threequel curse" and delivered the second best Batman film ever made, and arguably, the second best comic-book movie too. A must see (but come on, you were going to see it anyway). Expand
iAMsoBEAST1Jul 20, 2012
Honestly, I can say this movie kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time which is surprising considering I nearly fell asleep at the last movie I saw which was this length, which was the most recent remake of king kong...
sudheervemuruJul 20, 2012
The critics picked this film apart, but it was a thoroughly satisfying end to the best trilogy of the past decade. 2.5 hours well spent by me thanks to 4 years well spent by Christopher Nolan and company.
SynchronicityJul 20, 2012
Overall The Dark Knight Rises comes close to the greatness of its predecessor but loses all charm and focus in the process. TDKR is heavy with gloom and despair. It very quickly becomes less a superhero movie and more a Red Dawn / resistanceOverall The Dark Knight Rises comes close to the greatness of its predecessor but loses all charm and focus in the process. TDKR is heavy with gloom and despair. It very quickly becomes less a superhero movie and more a Red Dawn / resistance film. The plot feels like it came straight out of '24'. There is little fun to be had.

That said, brilliant acting by the whole cast. Beautiful visuals. An intensity sequesters your attention and doesn't let it go. Excellent attention to detail, especially in regards to faithfulness to the comics, and a great ending. The movie felt a bit too long but overall it didn't disappoint.
nelson_zeeJul 20, 2012
why SO SERIOUS ........................................ stupid marvel dumb asses giveing bad review

way better that DISNEY'S avanger ****
goldenfuture5Jul 20, 2012
Incredible film. Best movie of all-time. Action, dialogue, drama, emotion, hopelessness, resiliency, this movie had at all. Bale, Caine, Freeman, Hathaway, Oldman, Leavitt, Cotilliard, and Hardy all NAILED their parts. Fantastic endingIncredible film. Best movie of all-time. Action, dialogue, drama, emotion, hopelessness, resiliency, this movie had at all. Bale, Caine, Freeman, Hathaway, Oldman, Leavitt, Cotilliard, and Hardy all NAILED their parts. Fantastic ending that wrapped up the trilogy perfectly. Expand
nidvarJul 20, 2012
much better than The Dark Knight. Bane is a much more dangerous villain than Joker. watching batman being broken both in body and spirit by Bane, and then pick himself up again to fight for his beloved gotham is amazing to see. something themuch better than The Dark Knight. Bane is a much more dangerous villain than Joker. watching batman being broken both in body and spirit by Bane, and then pick himself up again to fight for his beloved gotham is amazing to see. something the joker was unable to do. TDKR has a great storyline and was much more plausible than the dark knight where joker was a one man show with an unlimited amount of explosives he got from god knows where. to somehow plant it without anybody else knowing. and then somehow getting a whole city to play his game exactly the way he wants it. Expand
hawkerJul 20, 2012
A Master Piece .
That is how thing will end up if terrorist show up , A Legend will born Consist alot of fighting then Dark Knight
And also more then Begin. This is how a movie should be! With a nice soundtrack and a Brilliant special
A Master Piece .
And also more then Begin.
This is how a movie should be!
With a nice soundtrack and a Brilliant special effect.
Rise contain about 9 TV SPOT ( Trailer ) but don worry to watch them!
They are all in the beginning , like in the early 30 minute.
Prepare to be AMAZED !
After watching it , Avenger kinda look like a teenage movie.
MegWhiteleyJul 20, 2012
Amazing really, Nolan close one of the best superhero sagas of all the time, that have amazing performances, the story and the development is really amazing. The performance of Christian Bale is really awesome, and the two new villians TomAmazing really, Nolan close one of the best superhero sagas of all the time, that have amazing performances, the story and the development is really amazing. The performance of Christian Bale is really awesome, and the two new villians Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway are really cool, the rest of the cast is very amazing. The movie is awesome, have a great end and yes is one of the best movies of this year. Expand
RaySnutJul 20, 2012
Wow...what a movie!!!! I gave The Dark Knight Rises a 9 because it isn't perfect, but it is darn close. If you thought The Dark Knight was "dark", then "Rises" is a black hole where no light can survive. Compared to "Rises", TDK was a BugsWow...what a movie!!!! I gave The Dark Knight Rises a 9 because it isn't perfect, but it is darn close. If you thought The Dark Knight was "dark", then "Rises" is a black hole where no light can survive. Compared to "Rises", TDK was a Bugs Bunny cartoon. This movie is the EPIC conclusion to Chris Nolan's stellar Batman trilogy. The story is huge, the action is huge and the intensity is monumental. This movie is not suitable for small children. It is rated PG-13 for a very good reason. The regulars in the cast were magnificent, as usual. To my surprise, I thought Ann Hathaway was very good as Catwoman. While Tom Hardy did an admirable job as Bane, I did have trouble understanding what he was saying at times. I read once that Christopher Nolan said he wanted to elevate the comic book superhero genre to the next level with his Batman movies. All I have to say to Mr. Nolan is "Mission Accomplished!!" God Bless the victims and the families affected by the Aurora shooting tragedy. Expand
Natexd3Jul 26, 2012
I waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though),I waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though), but Tom Hardy does a very very good job. Anne Hathaway has surprised me, I thought she would be boring and bad, but like Tom Hardy, she acts very well. I don't know why some people hate this movie, but I enjoyed it like heaven!!! Expand
ScottfaceJul 20, 2012
Wow. Okay, now I was very careful not to get swept up in the hype of this movie, as initially I felt SLIGHTLY disappointed by the last one. I know, I know, the Dark Knight was awesome and Ledgers Joker was legendary, but I guess I justWow. Okay, now I was very careful not to get swept up in the hype of this movie, as initially I felt SLIGHTLY disappointed by the last one. I know, I know, the Dark Knight was awesome and Ledgers Joker was legendary, but I guess I just expected too much from it, and it didn't quite feel like "Batman's film" as much as Batman Begins did. So I went into this with excitement, but some trepidation and no overly high expectations. Seriously, I needn't have worried. This is just brilliant, so I'll point out my only gripe with the film before I start lavishing it with praise: I spotted a plot-hole. That's it. It's not even the biggest plot-hole and could probably be explained away in one line of dialogue, perhaps it was explained in the IMAX version if it had extra scenes, but I did find myself asking: "How did he get back there so fast?" at one point in the film. That aside, this is just a beautifully made film. If ever there's a superhero movie that might make you cry, this is it. I got a lump in my throat during some of the scenes between Alfred and Bruce. I never thought Michael Caine quite got enough praise for his role in the previous 2 films, so I'm giving him a special mention here. Casting Michael Caine as Alfred was a stroke of genius, making him Bruce's father-figure as opposed to a just stuffy old butler like in some other batman films and series. I genuinely think he deserves a Best Supporting Actor nomination at this years Oscars, because never before have I had such a strong range of emotions during a comic book movie. I won't spoil anything, but Alfred plays a more important role than ever. Hardy's Bane was just as fascinating to watch as Ledger's Joker. Yes, he's THAT good. And Anne Hathaway, who many considered to be a somewhat controversial choice for Catwoman, absolutely nails it. She's funny, cool and sexy in just the right amounts, while bringing her own fair share of drama to the proceedings. Joseph-Gordon Levitt is the real surprise here, though. Not that anyone ever doubted his acting skills, it's just that as a completely new character, a rookie cop with no real ties to the other main characters, I didn't expect much more than a small supporting role, but as always, JGL shines in a role that was much, much more substantial than I expected. Morgan Freeman slips brilliantly back into the Lucius Fox role of course, and then there's Bale. I love Christian Bale, that's perhaps the main reason why the Dark Knight initially left me a little cold, he didn't get much chance to make an impression with all else that went on in TDK. I think he's great in everything from American Psycho to the Machinist, and when I first heard he was gonna be batman, I was over the moon. He was brilliant in Batman Begins, great in TDK too, but in this he's just phenominal. But all this great acting talent would be wasted of course, if the script and direction wasn't up to scratch. But Christopher Nolans script is tense, dramatic, tragic, action packed, surprising, and incredibly moving. I usually have reservations about giving out 10/10 scores, but this is a no-brainer. This is the film of the year, and far and away the best one of the trilogy. Brilliant. Expand
RenaissanceTMJul 24, 2012
The dark knight rises is a near perfect movie. Yes I do miss the Joker, but while seeing the movie, I realized that it didn't need it in this story. Bane might not be the biggest and most impressive villain, but the story is one hell of aThe dark knight rises is a near perfect movie. Yes I do miss the Joker, but while seeing the movie, I realized that it didn't need it in this story. Bane might not be the biggest and most impressive villain, but the story is one hell of a story. Fans of Batman will surely see all the secrets that are hidden within the movie. I'm not going to spoil anything because I believe you should watch and judge by yourself. I have a few complaints with bane's voice. I couldn't understand everything he said. It's better now than when the original 10 minutes screening was shown in december, but still. Nolan did an incredible job. Yes some things will displease some people, but that's the way with the most anticipated movies: You can't please everyone. there will always be people who love it and others who won't. I think most will really love it and some who'll really hate, but not that much in between. I was one of those who really loved that movie I'll leave it to you to you to judge, but it's a movie you should definitely go and see. well? what are you waiting for? GO! Expand
gamer27997Jul 26, 2012
the story confuse me. The movie has some scenes from the other two movies for this reason i confused (maybe). In general, this is the end that deserve to dark knight , i hope some day Cristofer Nolan continue this phenom movie. Additionallythe story confuse me. The movie has some scenes from the other two movies for this reason i confused (maybe). In general, this is the end that deserve to dark knight , i hope some day Cristofer Nolan continue this phenom movie. Additionally the sountrack and the technology that use the film are excellent. Expand
J_JammerJul 21, 2012
TDKR was far too long. It could have been 30 mins shorter. It should have been. The fight scenes flat out sucked. Too close and not enough sound power. Each fight bore me. Bane's voice sounded like a child playing with a voice altering toy onTDKR was far too long. It could have been 30 mins shorter. It should have been. The fight scenes flat out sucked. Too close and not enough sound power. Each fight bore me. Bane's voice sounded like a child playing with a voice altering toy on Halloween. Batman had hardly any screen time. His weapons were weak.

Catwoman worked and so did The new character played by Joseph Gordan L.

the last 15 mins were what the whole movie should have been like.

Oh and what's the point in naming it Gotham when it looks just like NYC?

I should give it a lower score based on poor story alone, but some parts worked well.
xXHarleyXxJul 21, 2012
I watched this film in IMAX and travelled 60miles to go see it, I would do it again any day of the week. I knew this movie was going to be awesome but it just blew my expectations out the water. It is very much a comic book movie meaningI watched this film in IMAX and travelled 60miles to go see it, I would do it again any day of the week. I knew this movie was going to be awesome but it just blew my expectations out the water. It is very much a comic book movie meaning people who read the comics will get more out of it. I loved so many parts of it and there where so many twists and turns. No one can and no one will ever top this Batman movie! It was also the first ever movie I have been in where we had a standing round of applause afterwards. EPIC! Expand
Ron2737Aug 2, 2012
The Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -notThe Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -not of a hero but, of a story. Expand
masterbedgoodJul 23, 2012
TDKR begins with a bang and continues throughout as a cinematic masterpiece and one of the most powerful conclusions to any story told on film. While it may not be a perfect film, The Dark Knight Rises is likely the closest thing we will getTDKR begins with a bang and continues throughout as a cinematic masterpiece and one of the most powerful conclusions to any story told on film. While it may not be a perfect film, The Dark Knight Rises is likely the closest thing we will get to that until Christopher Nolan Expand
asthobaskoroJul 26, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises even with its flaws, it's the most charming on franchise. Nolan concludes The Dark Knight legend in spectacular fashion with ambitious direction, thoughtful and top-notch performance.
ND16Jul 20, 2012
A true cinematic masterpiece. It was no where near perfect, but it did so many things right it is hard not to give it a perfect 10. The highlights were Anne Hathaway as catwoman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
saulotJul 20, 2012
A decent b movie but compared to its predecessor is woefully lacking of its potential. There were huge plot holes banes voice was odd and had "god" re verb so it sounded like he was everywhere unlike everyone else in the scenes. SeveralA decent b movie but compared to its predecessor is woefully lacking of its potential. There were huge plot holes banes voice was odd and had "god" re verb so it sounded like he was everywhere unlike everyone else in the scenes. Several things in the movie were so ridiculous and unneeded I burst out laughing( batmans "where is it like 6 times in a row" and had me asking why? Decent movie but such a sour bite(in comparison) to finish off an otherwise masterful trilogy. Expand
JezamiahJul 20, 2012
This movie was truly epic! Enjoyed it from start to finish :) Some people say its a bit cliché but its a superhero movie so the formula will be roughly the same. Thought Nolan did a terrific job considering they had to follow up fromThis movie was truly epic! Enjoyed it from start to finish :) Some people say its a bit cliché but its a superhero movie so the formula will be roughly the same. Thought Nolan did a terrific job considering they had to follow up from "Dark Knight" and a superb Heath Ledger (RIP) as the Joker. The music was mind blowing (Thank you Hans Zimmer) and really set the pace/mood throughout. The fight scenes were action packed and the whole trilogy is tied together by different events. Thought the storyline was good also and i liked how they went about it. IF you're skeptical about going to see it i would recommend you go just so you can make up your mind for yourselves. Any Dark Knight/Superhero fans shouldn't be disappointed .

PhazonJukeJul 21, 2012
I had astronomical expectations for this film. I was so happy that not only did it meet my expectations but it blew past them.

I re-watched the previous two films in the trilogy the night before. This movie ties in much more heavily with the first than the second. There's so much awesome plot and character development that connects this to the first film to make it seem larger than life.

The acting was phenomenal and Anne Hathaway's performance as Catwoman was great. This is the kind movie that will leave you awestruck, laughing, and crying all at the same time. (No joke, a huge majority of the theater was crying at one point.)

I saw it at the Lincoln Center Imax (largest screen in the country 100x85 feet or something). This is the only way to see the movie. I felt a part of the dark knight world. Especially the fight scenes between batman and bane. You truly feel every hit that was exchanged. Also the imax resolution was phenomenal. It wasn't watching a movie this was a life experience everyone should have.

Finally for the comparisons. I feel Bane was a better villain than the joker. Joker was awesome for all the chaos and his sick humor, but bane was visceral, ferocious, and extremely intelligent. It just made him more menacing. He even brings Gotham to its knees! As for the Avengers. Two completely different styles of film but the story in this movie as well as the characters and acting were just so much more enjoyable and entertaining than the avengers.

I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. Also rewatch the previous two films before hand to really see just how well tied in these films are.
josephbalentineAug 2, 2012
This movie from beginning to end is the best movie I have ever seen. It has superior action, characters, and climax. It feels like it goes to fast but it is s really long movies, it will leave you wanting more.
freeride1993Jul 20, 2012
Best movie of the year!! loved the ending. Bane was crazy as the villian. great way to end this amazing trilogy. props to chris nolan for his astonashing work over the past decade
madmandonnaJul 20, 2012
Wow, just wow.

Wow, just wow.

For the Dark Knight Rises to meet my expectations was going to be unbelievably hard, near impossible even, but it succeeded. Its a beautifully shot, awe inspiring epic film making at its best. The new characters mix in brilliantly to the verse and Alfred gives The Dark Knight Rises the depth it so desperately needs.

Though the Joker is missed for his anarchy and sheer surprise, its something that just cannot be dwelled on, Heath Ledger died along with the Nolan Joker. Bane is a great and very different villain, he is a ferocious and brutal adversary, Tom Hardy fills his shoes very well and portrays a rather surprising amount of emotion just through his eyes. Anne Hathaway is a scene stealer with her cheeky Selina Kyle, a very different take on Catwoman from Michelle Pfeiffer's. She's playful, fun and above all sexy, something that Anne Hathaway hasn't really portrayed before. But kudos go to Christian Bale who gives it all he has as Batman/Bruce Wayne, he makes the character so fleshed out and above all human and his return to the action in the film is one of the highlights.

What Dark Knight Rises manages to do is keep its long running time light on its feet, with a plot that is both engaging and interesting. It all ties together and comes full circle which is exactly what you want from a third film.

The cinematography and set pieces are just unbelievable, the choice not to use 3D benefits this film, it can stand on its own without this irritating gimmick and hopefully Dark Knight Rises will signal the reemergence of non 3D films and films shot in IMAX instead.

All in all Dark Knight Rises is a must see for fans of the last two film and anyone that likes quality film making. It gave me goosebumps on around six separate occasions, you know it's a good thing when that happens. This trilogy has been nothing short of epic and will live on well past its run at the cinemas.
BradissoradJul 21, 2012
Just saw this movie and it is the best superhero movie ever made, The Avengers is childs play compared to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OriginalReetJul 23, 2012
You have to respect that Chistopher Nolan was hesitant about returning to the batman franchise unless he came up with a satisfactory ending. He did. From the opening scene to the final shot, the pace never falters, the set pieces are jawYou have to respect that Chistopher Nolan was hesitant about returning to the batman franchise unless he came up with a satisfactory ending. He did. From the opening scene to the final shot, the pace never falters, the set pieces are jaw dropping, and Tom Hardy as Bane is absolutely terrifying. The supporting cast is remarkable, especially Michael Caine who gives one of his greatest performances to date. The ending is simply incredible, every character gets a great end to their story arc, (especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt), and there is a total sense of closure, no loose threads, no plot holes, just complete closure. While some might find Bane a slightly less engaging villain than Heath's Joker, the movie itself, too me at least, easily takes the title of the greatest super hero film in not only the Nolan trilogy, but one of the absolutely greatest films ever made. Expand
jaym7Jul 24, 2012
Wow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazingWow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's Kyle are nearly perfect in Nolan's Gotham, with the former posing an intimidating, true rival to Bruce Wayne, and the latter a The breakout star though is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, not gonna say much there but you'll see. The film does take some time "to get in the swing of things", but the setup ultimately enhances the stunning climax of the film and possibly the entire series. Truly an entertaining, edge-of-your-seat, deeply layered, action-packed, emotional thrill-ride that cements Batman's legacy as well of all involved. I recommend repeat viewings so that you can fill in some of those "plot-holes" people keep mentioning IMAX if you can, definitely worth it. Those last few minutes - I don't think I've ever seen a better ending to a film, hyperbole and all. Expand
theofficeJul 27, 2012
I say the movie is more 8.5 total. Better than "The Amazing Spiderman". Not as good as the second movie in this new batman trilogy. I feel the movie drags a bit in the beginning. The story relates to the first one with no real mention of theI say the movie is more 8.5 total. Better than "The Amazing Spiderman". Not as good as the second movie in this new batman trilogy. I feel the movie drags a bit in the beginning. The story relates to the first one with no real mention of the Joker for obvious reasons and is difficult to follow at times. But overall the movie very satisfying and is a great ride. The acting is superb all around and the plot actually believable to an extent. See this movie if you haven't already. Expand
theahsanhaseebAug 22, 2012
Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forgetLet me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film, I can clearly say that it was worth waiting for! The amount of anticipation and that hype it created was too enormous and it all got paid off. Nobody has ever made superhero films like Christopher Nolan, hence this trilogy is the best superhero trilogy. The acting, the direction, the screenplay, the cinematography, the production design, the costumes, the CGIs, the great cast and not releasing it in 3D being one of the most important things; everything about this film was flawless. Moving on to this film, the epic conclusion, I have no words to explain how happy I felt after watching it. Christian Bale's performance as Batman was mesmerizing as ever. And the way Tom Hardy performed as Bane was just astounding, he kept me terrified throughout the film especially after taking over Gotham city. Another important thing to notice was Bane's character, I read somewhere a couple of days ago that it is a superhero film without a superhero, and this is correct. This film focused more on Bane and the Gotham city. Another interesting part was when Bane actually broke Batman's back and sent him to prison, and then Batman rises again and comes back to save his city, that bit was too awesome. Anne Hathaway shined as Catwoman, I liked her performance as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt's. Every single person in this film did more than amazing and turned it into a masterpiece. Hats off to Christopher Nolan for giving us a masterpiece, a trilogy that would be remembered for centuries. I would really like if this film gets all the big nominations in the Academy Awards and actually wins the Best Picture. This would be the best thing ever! Expand
nicrax96Jul 29, 2012
one of the finest films in many years, tom hardy plays an amazing role as bane and the addition of catwomen only make it better.
dhorne115Jul 21, 2012
best superhero movie i have ever seen, maybe even best ever. highly recommend seeing it. people who gave this less than a 9 would not know a movie if it was jammed up their ass.
PushkarBJul 23, 2012
The dark knight rises is a kind of film which blows your mind ........ keeps u engaged for the entire 2 hr 45 min with its emotions and the storyline i can say that those 2 hr 45 min were the best 2 hr 45 min of my entire life nolan createdThe dark knight rises is a kind of film which blows your mind ........ keeps u engaged for the entire 2 hr 45 min with its emotions and the storyline i can say that those 2 hr 45 min were the best 2 hr 45 min of my entire life nolan created another masterpiece truly an epic conclusion to the dark knight legend and i liked it even more than the dark knight this is the best movie of the year Expand
EduardoBrumJul 20, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O fim de uma era.
Foi no meio de uma onda crescente que começa então a se tornar realidade