8.4

1. Jul 20, 2012
    This movie is fantastic. Will go down in history as one of the greatest trilogys ever made. TDKR is a masterpiece. Go to the movies and watch the film.
  2. Jul 20, 2012
    the dark knight is the last movie and had amazing story and a great start to end but i wish there was another one they could make to make it much better and it would be amazing but the legend ends today they could it better than the third with a new hard evil villain but it all ends today
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    Does the impossible and manages to step out of the shadow of its predecessor and be a truly great film in its own right. A fitting end to my favourite film trilogy of all time.
  4. Jul 30, 2012
    This is, without precedent, the most sophisticated epic so far. Nolan is the master of the ancient Greek kind of drama. This is like Beethoven's the 9th. People, just go to the cinema!
  5. Aug 5, 2012
    This is Epic, This is Classic, This is Ultimatum!!! How could someone MATCH Dark Knight? This is the answer, Action, Emotion, Darkness, Humanity, Chaos, Merry what is not in this? Go Watch this!!! This is the Best Super Hero Movie and this the Best Super Hero Series of All time. You do miss Joker rather Heath. Christopher Nolan, You ARE THE BEST!!! There is Batman and then there are the rest!
  6. Aug 24, 2012
    Truly amazing. Every minute was a pleasure. The ending was magnificent and rounds up everything perfectly, yet leave continuity in place for the next movie to come (as surely as it must)! Though I sympathise with the director who steps up to fill Nolan's shoes :-)

7. Aug 7, 2012
    Extremely well done movie... Epic scenes....Tom Hardy did an amazing performance....It's a shame that the voice was very criticized. It's a great ending for this amazing and epic saga. Anne Hathaway...best Catwoman yet. Loved the great scale scenes. Powerful Ending
  8. Aug 9, 2012
    To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character.To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character. Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job, and really surprised me as Selina Kyle. I also liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, and loved how they used his character in the film.

While it seemed a little rushed at times, even at 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought Nolan managed to wrap everything up nicely in the end. A fitting conclusion to what has become my new favorite trilogy.
  9. Aug 10, 2012
    Its a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batmanIts a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batman is just impossible. Expand
  10. Aug 25, 2012
    Bane is one of the best villains in a long time. Fascinatingly strange. And Nolan does a typically great job of working in other story lines without forcing it.
  11. Aug 26, 2012
    First off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes senseFirst off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes sense and feels complete. I would compare this movie to the Return of the Jedi. Sure it's not the best of the 3, but it creates a logical conclusion worthy of the trilogy as a whole. Expand
  12. Jan 11, 2013
    How can I describe this movie batman the dark knight rises well with one simple word EPIC everything about the movie is great. I love the cast and how. it didn't change from the other batman movies I also like the new cast members such as cat women ( Anne Hathaway ) defiantly a great way to end the batman trilogy great work Nolan
  13. Jul 20, 2012
    I do NOT like the 100% or out of ten scores... but I need to anyways. I give this a 9 because it was a terrific film just like the prev two but with some flaws. It was rushed in the first hour, probs cus the original cut is too long for a theatrical release. I'm now excited to get the blu ray version...

I say check this movie out because it's a great movie on its own. The narrative is the best one in the series since BB. All the actors were great in it (especially Hathaway, Bale, and Caine), the filmmaking was fantastic (glorious in IMAX. Cinematography is easily the best in years. Nolan's vision and scope is well put on screen. Very epic) and the script was well written (although it has some plot holes)

I do not understand the 70 ish score from the critics. I love Ebert and I was put down by his score, it did not match with his review at all. What the critics and Nolan haters are doing is nit picking, extreme nit picking at that. Nolan concludes this trilogy in honorable fashion and I loved it. My favorite Batman movie, although TDK is a better film. The trilogy is just an engrossing epic itself... I love how the three films are all completely different in tone and style.

BUT the movie can make the audience feel uncomfortable, it's almost 3 hours long and it's very much like a war drama and epic. I do not think people like disturbing and unfamiliar epics so that's probably a big factor to why so many critics did not like it. Bane is also a different villain, he is the embodiment of terrorism and revolutionaries. He's very menacing with his eyes and body movement but many ppl will probably dislike him because he isn't as memorable as Ledger's and Nolan's Joker.

This movie is VERY unique guys, and I really mean unique. It's not even a popcorn flick anymore, it srsly is a war epic with very unfamiliar and confusing style. I love these kind of films but most people do not. PS there isn't a lot of Batman in this movie, which I think is a positive, then again ppl want more Batman...

So to conclude this messy review (lol) I admire Nolan for really making an unique film and truly making a TRUE TO THE CORE Batman movie. It felt like Returns, Knightfall, and Dark Victory. I truly love Nolan for making it so different and unexpected, that even critics had a hard time watching this! I truly admire Nolan. He is a genius of a kind. He will be remembered for this trilogy and TDK trilogy has the biggest impact on me as trilogies and series go.

So don't go in expecting Avengers. This is a true and real movie, in time people will see this as a classic

PPS (jesus, I need to organise my writing!) Now I can't see Mr Ebert the same way as before... he gave Spidey 3.5/4, Avengers 3/4 and TDKR 3/4.... how is TDKR in the same league as the first two :( I liked them all but c'mmon man... I am a huge fan of Ebert but he just ruined it now. His review... and that score.. They both don't match! Now, as I said I hate the 10/10 or 100% type of scoring so I'll give a more accurate score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

(btw that's ★★★★1/2 couldn't find any half stars so that's its
  14. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is a near-perfect masterpiece, my favorite film of the year so far, one of the best superhero films ever made, and one of the most fitting conclusions to a film series ever. The cast is at its best here and the story will keep you on the edge of your seat when the amazing action scenes take place. The climax is one of the most breathtaking I've ever seen and theThe Dark Knight Rises is a near-perfect masterpiece, my favorite film of the year so far, one of the best superhero films ever made, and one of the most fitting conclusions to a film series ever. The cast is at its best here and the story will keep you on the edge of your seat when the amazing action scenes take place. The climax is one of the most breathtaking I've ever seen and the conclusion make the last couple of minutes of the film so satisfying and wrap the trilogy up nicely. Definitely go see it and keep the victims o the horrific Colorado shooting in hearts as well. Expand
  15. Jul 20, 2012
    Saw it last night. In a Marathon of the other two. One of the best movies that I have seen in a very, very long time. The words Masterpiece could pretty easily be used. I saw the entire trilogy back to back. As a whole, Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is greater then the sum of its parts. It is the engrossing tragedy of Bruce Wayne. The last hour or so is just completely non-stop. GutSaw it last night. In a Marathon of the other two. One of the best movies that I have seen in a very, very long time. The words Masterpiece could pretty easily be used. I saw the entire trilogy back to back. As a whole, Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is greater then the sum of its parts. It is the engrossing tragedy of Bruce Wayne. The last hour or so is just completely non-stop. Gut wrenching and emotional. I wont tell you what happens at the end, but I was damn near tears.

What everyone is wondering is whether it is better then The Dark Knight. There is no better or worse, it is just different. As a villain, the Joker represented unplanned, unhinged chaos. As he put it, he is a dog just chasing a car, with no thoughts of what will happen when he gets it. Bane represents the same evil, harnessed with a plan. He knows exactly what he is going to do. The best way that I could describe Bane is as a mix between Hannibal Lecter and the Hulk. On the outside, a complete and utter savage brute. But in his mind, he is incredibly crafty, witty, and cordial in an odd way.

My highest recommendations goes out for this film. It was an experience watching it, and it easily is the best film of the year.
  16. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I won't go into superlatives, simply pros and cons.

Pros:
    1) Performances all round are exceptional. Bale dials back the voice and portrays a broken Bruce/Batman very well, Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) and Caine (Alfred the Butler) are as strong and dependable as ever, and there are fantastic performances from newcomers Anne Hathaway (a revelation as Catwoman), Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate), Tom Hardy (a physical beast as Bane) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in particular as city-cop John Blake. Well done to those who guessed where he ends up.
    2) Action sequences are thrilling throughout (from opening plane-hijacking to city-wide end chase/brawl via brutal fight between our hero and villain), both in terms of effects, pacing and execution.
    3) For me, the ending(s) were very nice indeed.

Cons:
    1) As has been much publicised by others, I had real trouble hearing some of the dialogue - particularly when Bane was speaking quietly. There was one conversation in the middle of the film where he and Batman were almost murmuring to each other under an ill-advised loud moment in the otherwise excellent score by Hans Zimmer.
    2) Morgan Freeman doesn't get much to do, although adding time for him might have stretched the film a bit too far.
    3) Whilst I don't necessarily agree, I can understand the small complaints that it takes a bit of time to get going.

Conclusion:
    The film would be great as a stand-alone film, but as a trilogy ender it's an absolute belter. There aren't many action trilogies to match it - including the original Star Wars trilogy in my opinion - and we are unlikely to see another superhero story like it for many, many years.
  17. Jul 22, 2012
    First, I must say that this is the best film I have ever seen produced for an IMAX screen. I went in with tentatively high expectations. I truly thought The Dark Knight was an excellent film, not just an excellent Super Hero flick. The Dark Knight Rises was as good if not better. Like most movies in the genre, the hero has to seem down and out only to make a heroic comeback. While youFirst, I must say that this is the best film I have ever seen produced for an IMAX screen. I went in with tentatively high expectations. I truly thought The Dark Knight was an excellent film, not just an excellent Super Hero flick. The Dark Knight Rises was as good if not better. Like most movies in the genre, the hero has to seem down and out only to make a heroic comeback. While you would expect the same here, the journey to a supremely climactic finish is anything but formulaic. This movie made me rethink my feelings about The Avengers (which I gave a 10) in that a super hero film need not be cheesy, childish, or humorous to be great. This truly was a dark night where glimmers of hope seem to evaporate with thunderous booms. Only to leave you applauding with everyone else as the credits roll. Expand
  18. Jul 22, 2012
    "The Dark Knight Rises" is a bittersweet viewing experience, an exhilarating dramatic adventure so fully engaging that when it reaches it's powerful and emotional climax, you leave the theater feeling like you are saying goodbye to a dear friend you will never see again that makes this the crown jewel of superhero epics and one of the most satisfying and complete movie trilogies ever made."The Dark Knight Rises" is a bittersweet viewing experience, an exhilarating dramatic adventure so fully engaging that when it reaches it's powerful and emotional climax, you leave the theater feeling like you are saying goodbye to a dear friend you will never see again that makes this the crown jewel of superhero epics and one of the most satisfying and complete movie trilogies ever made. As much as I want to see another Batman movie, I can't imagine one without Christian Bale under the direction and talents of Christopher Nolan who so fully realized this character and the drama of the relationships and themes that make the Dark Knight legend so resonant and real. Thanks to Chris Nolan and company for presenting Bruce Wayne's journey in a way I don't see anyone ever surpassing. Bravo to series veterans Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and to new cast members Tom Hardy, Marion Cottilard and especially Anne Hathaway as the definitive Selina Kyle. It's been a hell of a 9 year ride getting here! The best of the trilogy. Expand
  19. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight Rises concludes Christopher Nolan's dark and triumphant Batman trilogy. For seven years, Nolan's reboot has reached acclaim and this final Batman flick has easily been one of the most anticipated movies of all time.

After eight years of no Batman, a terrorizing masked pro-wrestler has come to burn Gotham to ashes with a master plan to overthrow the higher classes. After his stock market stunt he leaves Wayne Enterprises wiped out financially. Bruce Wayne reaches out to Miranda Tate (Marion Cotillard), a millionaire who can help Wayne. Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), a cat burglar also known as Catwoman, comes across Wayne after steeling his mother's pearls but is also after a "clean slate", that Wayne can give her. John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a young cop who is nothing short of heroic. Nolan provides us with many new characters and manages to present them as fresh instead of overwhelming.

The Dark Knight set the bar very high for this movie and with the absence of the Joker, who Heath Ledger made one of his most memorable performances of, finding another villain who could top that brilliance was seen as almost impossible. Bane (Tom Hardy), a B-list villain was something of a genius idea. A villain who is as powerful as Batman and makes Batman's job nearly impossible. Although we didn't get the humor that we were left with by the Joker and still, Bane doesn't quite live up to the Joker's glory, Hardy did leave us with a great villain and Nolan succeeds at making this B-lister feel like an A-list villain. The mask does take away a bit of personality but Hardy does give an impressive performance only using his expressions with his eyes and body language. you will leave the theater withe the epic and evil voice that Bane provides us with, done so well, stuck in your head. The presence of the other new characters like Catwoman and Miranda Tate also help make up for the missing Joker.

Nolan's final Batman film doesn't fall short of it's predecessors. The legend ends with one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. We are left with a truly triumphant finale.
  20. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight was my favourite film, and it was because of this I feared that The Dark Knight Rises would be a disappointment. At no point during the entirety of the film did I feel in any way disappointed by the film. TDKR ends the trilogy in truly style, capturing a scale never managed by Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. A must see film.
  21. Jul 20, 2012
    The weakest of the Batman trilogy. But that doesn't mean the movie is bad. In fact, it is far from it. From Christopher Nolan, i expected much more though. Anne Hathaway was brilliant as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane. The movie is plagued with some plot holes though which I wont spoil but are obvious during the course of the film. This will make other superhero films seem childlike andThe weakest of the Batman trilogy. But that doesn't mean the movie is bad. In fact, it is far from it. From Christopher Nolan, i expected much more though. Anne Hathaway was brilliant as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as Bane. The movie is plagued with some plot holes though which I wont spoil but are obvious during the course of the film. This will make other superhero films seem childlike and the twists and turns of this movie are fantastic but overall, funwise, Marvel's The Avengers was the superior film. I had a blast cheering with my fellow midnight movie-goers and even though this film was a blast, it was the weakest entry of the Dark Knight saga. Expand
  22. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The conclusion to this cultural phenomenon of a series did not leave me disappointed in the slightest. Being a big movie fan, as well as having a pretty thorough knowledge of the history of the comic, I was very pleased with how Christopher Nolan handled the final installment of his trilogy. The story is great, the acting is great from every member of the main ensemble (Bale, Hardy, Hatheway, Caine, Oldman, Cotillard, Gordon-Levitt and Freeman all do excellent jobs) and the presentation is stunning as well. To ask this film to live up to the magnitude of it's predecessor is incredibly unfair and while it isn't a greater showing than thee last one it's still a high quality blockbuster, and very fitting conclusion to the series. Bane is, in my opinion, about the perfect villian to follow up The Joker and while I was skeptical initially, the inclusion of Selina Kyle definitely adds to the film. Again, I think the film was excellent. The characters, plot, visuals, and score were all fantastic and the film did I good job tying the evolution of Bruce Wayne throughout the films together. I do not want to (and won't) give much away but the only qualms I had with this movie were that, first,as others have said, the storytelling was a little messy until about half way through ( i might even say rushed even though half way is about 80 minutes in). Secondly, the relationship between Bruce Wayne and Miranda Tate develops suddenly without much foundation. Lastly and least importantly, I had trouble understanding Bane a couple times but this is really rather minimal as it only happened with two or three lines and I was still able to make out what he said. All in all I really enjoyed this movie and highly recommend it to anyone who likes movies or is even a lukewarm fan of the series. Expand
  23. Jul 20, 2012
    Terrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The real accomplishment here is the humanization of its characters. We see everyone at their most vulnerable, and that is what is so utterly chilling. Being aTerrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The real accomplishment here is the humanization of its characters. We see everyone at their most vulnerable, and that is what is so utterly chilling. Being a Bat-nut I saw the twists coming from a mile away, but those not well versed in the universe should be in for a pleasant surprise. Hardcore fans might gawk at the liberties Nolan takes with the mythos, but Nolan provides a new spin on a classic chapter that only he could pull off without me screaming "blasphemy." It really is a fitting end to an excellent trilogy. Expand
  24. Jul 20, 2012
    Not all critics hailed it as good as its immediate predecessor, but in all honesty TDKR is as good as The Dark Knight. Yes no one can match a truly magnificent performance by the late H. Ledger which make his last made film truly legendary and makes this last installment of Nolan's Batman really hard to finish and above all else TDK has put this last sequel on pedestal of everyone's eye,Not all critics hailed it as good as its immediate predecessor, but in all honesty TDKR is as good as The Dark Knight. Yes no one can match a truly magnificent performance by the late H. Ledger which make his last made film truly legendary and makes this last installment of Nolan's Batman really hard to finish and above all else TDK has put this last sequel on pedestal of everyone's eye, expecting higher than the usual but Hardy's performance as Bane make it big for this movie and of course Nolan's grand finale has its ground-breaking spectacular and non-stop nail-biting climax that would put you on the edge of your seat gripping till the last scene.

The script was greatly made by the Nolan brothers. There were a lot of new cast which you would think they're irrelevant but evidently it was a necessity to the climax. The acting was superb especially Hardy, Bale, Gordon-Levitte,and Caine. The plot and story and directing was amazing and real, I don't know how Nolan's brain works but it is amazingly effective.

TDKR is the very best finale sequel since LOTR: Return of the King. Of course it is way too better than the third sequel of Spider-Man, X-Men, Blade, even the third Star Wars.Overall TDKR is the best film of 2012 I've seen so far. It is definitely greater than to its competition. It has made The Avengers a child's play as said by TIME movie review. And definitely as great as The Dark Knight. Not all viewers will be pleased by this movie especially some critics, but in all honesty this is one of the greatest movie that has ever made (especially in our time).
  25. Jul 20, 2012
    The shortest 3 hours of my life was taken up by one of the most awesome cinema spectacles of all time. An amalgamation of the themes of Begins and Dark Knight coupled with the theme of pain makes for one of the most intense, emotional, harrowing and most of all - surprising films made, and arguably, the strongest in the franchise. Great performances all round, especially from Tom Hardy,The shortest 3 hours of my life was taken up by one of the most awesome cinema spectacles of all time. An amalgamation of the themes of Begins and Dark Knight coupled with the theme of pain makes for one of the most intense, emotional, harrowing and most of all - surprising films made, and arguably, the strongest in the franchise. Great performances all round, especially from Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon Levitt and Michael Caine. Expand
  26. Jul 20, 2012
    Wow. Okay, now I was very careful not to get swept up in the hype of this movie, as initially I felt SLIGHTLY disappointed by the last one. I know, I know, the Dark Knight was awesome and Ledgers Joker was legendary, but I guess I just expected too much from it, and it didn't quite feel like "Batman's film" as much as Batman Begins did. So I went into this with excitement, but someWow. Okay, now I was very careful not to get swept up in the hype of this movie, as initially I felt SLIGHTLY disappointed by the last one. I know, I know, the Dark Knight was awesome and Ledgers Joker was legendary, but I guess I just expected too much from it, and it didn't quite feel like "Batman's film" as much as Batman Begins did. So I went into this with excitement, but some trepidation and no overly high expectations. Seriously, I needn't have worried. This is just brilliant, so I'll point out my only gripe with the film before I start lavishing it with praise: I spotted a plot-hole. That's it. It's not even the biggest plot-hole and could probably be explained away in one line of dialogue, perhaps it was explained in the IMAX version if it had extra scenes, but I did find myself asking: "How did he get back there so fast?" at one point in the film. That aside, this is just a beautifully made film. If ever there's a superhero movie that might make you cry, this is it. I got a lump in my throat during some of the scenes between Alfred and Bruce. I never thought Michael Caine quite got enough praise for his role in the previous 2 films, so I'm giving him a special mention here. Casting Michael Caine as Alfred was a stroke of genius, making him Bruce's father-figure as opposed to a just stuffy old butler like in some other batman films and series. I genuinely think he deserves a Best Supporting Actor nomination at this years Oscars, because never before have I had such a strong range of emotions during a comic book movie. I won't spoil anything, but Alfred plays a more important role than ever. Hardy's Bane was just as fascinating to watch as Ledger's Joker. Yes, he's THAT good. And Anne Hathaway, who many considered to be a somewhat controversial choice for Catwoman, absolutely nails it. She's funny, cool and sexy in just the right amounts, while bringing her own fair share of drama to the proceedings. Joseph-Gordon Levitt is the real surprise here, though. Not that anyone ever doubted his acting skills, it's just that as a completely new character, a rookie cop with no real ties to the other main characters, I didn't expect much more than a small supporting role, but as always, JGL shines in a role that was much, much more substantial than I expected. Morgan Freeman slips brilliantly back into the Lucius Fox role of course, and then there's Bale. I love Christian Bale, that's perhaps the main reason why the Dark Knight initially left me a little cold, he didn't get much chance to make an impression with all else that went on in TDK. I think he's great in everything from American Psycho to the Machinist, and when I first heard he was gonna be batman, I was over the moon. He was brilliant in Batman Begins, great in TDK too, but in this he's just phenominal. But all this great acting talent would be wasted of course, if the script and direction wasn't up to scratch. But Christopher Nolans script is tense, dramatic, tragic, action packed, surprising, and incredibly moving. I usually have reservations about giving out 10/10 scores, but this is a no-brainer. This is the film of the year, and far and away the best one of the trilogy. Brilliant. Expand
  27. Aug 1, 2012
    It's simple - "The Dark Knight Rises" is the best movie of the year. It beats "The Avengers" in every single aspect.---------------------------------
  28. Aug 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First things first, this is definitely not too long, I finished watching and still wanted more of the awesome action. It is not as dark as the Dark Knight, but is almost as good. The acting again (like the first two) is top-notch, with the Batman regulars all acting at their best alongside the new recruits (other than there were a couple of times when I didn't understand what was being said). Catwoman is pretty much perfect in the film, leaving me with a "Year One" taste lingering in my mouth afterwards and Bane was awesome, not Joker awesome but awesome enough, as you really do feel the power of Bane in his punches and character. However, there were a couple of things that just happened, firstly, when Alfred leaves, he just leaves with no more explanation (a minor fault really, as it is explained why he leaves). Secondly, Bane's death was just a little too... fast, but he did break Batman's back which is all kinds of good :) The film wasn't very complicated, and the ending was absolutely fantastic, perfectly rounding things off. While the film wasn't quite up to the incredibly high standards of its predecessor, it is by far the best film I have seen for two years (Toy Story 3 was the last "masterpiece" I saw in the cinema) and definitely lives up to the hype. The Dark Knight Rises is a perfect mix of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight and will (probably) be the best film released this year, so go watch it for goodness sake! Expand
  29. Jul 20, 2012
    Great finish to the trilogy. Nolan is able to give proper homage to the 2 prior films, while giving the audience something fresh. Also, Anne Hathaway was surprisingly great in the role of Selina Kyle.
  30. Jul 21, 2012
    I'ev been waiting for 4 yrs for this epic conclusion. And this is worth the wait. Thank Christopher Nolan for his masterpiece. Thank all the casts and crew that made such a great film. Best movie ever !
  31. Jul 21, 2012
    I watched this film in IMAX and travelled 60miles to go see it, I would do it again any day of the week. I knew this movie was going to be awesome but it just blew my expectations out the water. It is very much a comic book movie meaning people who read the comics will get more out of it. I loved so many parts of it and there where so many twists and turns. No one can and no one will everI watched this film in IMAX and travelled 60miles to go see it, I would do it again any day of the week. I knew this movie was going to be awesome but it just blew my expectations out the water. It is very much a comic book movie meaning people who read the comics will get more out of it. I loved so many parts of it and there where so many twists and turns. No one can and no one will ever top this Batman movie! It was also the first ever movie I have been in where we had a standing round of applause afterwards. EPIC! Expand
  32. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I walked into this film with extremely high expectations, and I can honestly say that this film completely surpassed my already high expectations. I had to turn to my friend once in a while and I could see that he also looked absolutely astounded. At the beginning of the film I was pulled in by the new characters, Catwoman(Anne Hathaway) and Bane(Tom Hardy), and also pulled in by the completely new portrayal of Bruce Wayne(Christian Bale), which was far different to his performance in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Although I feel that it started in a very similar way to Batman Begins, but this just adds to nostalgic effect. Throughout the film I was constantly mesmerized by the new gadgets that Lucius Fox(Morgan Freeman) offered. This film has a massive amount of character building. The way Bruce Wayne changes from a broken man, both mentally and physically, to the spectacular former hero he was in The Dark Knight. The supporting actors were simply astounding, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Micheal Caine, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman did a brilliant job. I think the mystery that surrounded John Blake(Joseph Grodon-Levitt's character) was brilliant. My favourite part of the film by far was the ending. John Blake stumbling upon the Bat-cave, the statue of Batman being revealed in Gotham, Alfred Pennyworth(Michael Caine) finally fulfilling his fantasy of finding Bruce Wayne settled down with a wife, Selina Kyle(Catwoman). I find it brilliant that Alfred also talks about this fantasy near the beginning of the film, this ties together the whole film. The cameo from Ra's Al Ghul(Liam Neeson) was very reminiscent of Batman Begins. The twist involving Miranda Tate(Marion Cotillard) where you find out that she is really Talia Al Ghul is fantastic. The only downside to this film that I could find was Bane's voice. I found he sounded rather like a posh Englishman. All together, this film was by far the best I've ever seen, it was a brilliant ending to a fantastic trilogy. I realise I've used a lot of superlatives in this review, but I assure you this film deserves it, if there is one film I could ever recommend, it would be this one. If you do anything this year, make sure you see this film. I saw it on the opening day and I guarantee you I will definitely see it many more times. Expand
  33. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Incredible acting. Perfect balance of action and dramatic storytelling. Edge-of-your-seat intensity. The last film of Nolan's Batman trilogy is absolutely thrilling from beginning to end. While the movie doesn't contain a central villain as unique and iconic as The Dark Knight's Joker, the assortment of new characters and their interweaving stories make for a larger, more intricate movie. Bane's visceral presence brings forth feelings of terror and dread each time he appears on screen, his brutal physicality and authoritative personality a contrast to the wild chaos of the Joker in the previous film. Selina Kyle is the most interesting character in the movie; devilishly sly, sensual, and intelligent, and the dynamic she shares with Bruce Wayne is one of the high points of the film. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's John Blake has a surprising amount of screen time, but none of it is wasted - he evolves into a sort of second hero of the film, willing to do whatever it takes to save Gotham but foregoing the elusiveness and symbolic nature of Batman in favor of an every-man who can connect with the citizens as an actual human. The action set pieces are great, and the visuals stunning. Of particular note is the jet/helicopter hybrid the Bat, which is an amazing sight to behold as it soars throughout Gotham. The fight scenes between Batman and Bane are also a blast to watch, each one a slow, gruesome, bare-knuckle brawl that test the limits of Batman's body and abilities. High speed chases through Gotham, scenes of destruction on a massive scale, and a huge battle royale on the streets make this this most epic movie of the trilogy. This is not the Dark Knight, which was a more cohesive film and contained the best portal of a comic book villain in recent times, but The Dark Knight Rises is spectacular in other ways. Expand
  34. Aug 15, 2012
    BANANAANANANANANANANANANANA BATMAN!!..
    This was a very worthy conclusion to the epic batman trilogy..
    Sexy!, Action Packed!, Explosions and **** This is a fantastic movie, a must watch!..
    Stop reading this review and watch the Goddamn Movie!!
  35. Jul 20, 2012
    Definitely, this movie has a 9.6, Nolan did what no one else was able to did before, to make the perfect trilogy, everyone has failed with the third movie, even Francis Ford Coppola failed with The Godfather III, but Nolan gave us a surprise,The Dark Knight Rises was the epic final, for the epic trilogy, as I said before, he did what no one else was able to do before, make the third movieDefinitely, this movie has a 9.6, Nolan did what no one else was able to did before, to make the perfect trilogy, everyone has failed with the third movie, even Francis Ford Coppola failed with The Godfather III, but Nolan gave us a surprise,The Dark Knight Rises was the epic final, for the epic trilogy, as I said before, he did what no one else was able to do before, make the third movie better than the second, Batman Begins was really good, Batman The Dark Knight was better, but The Dark Knight Rises is even better, in so many ways, it is impossible to dislike this movie, if someone says that he or she doesn't like this movie, is lying, and is a hater, because it is impossible, this movie is epic, the end was just amazing, I almost had a heart attack, this final movie had everything, it touched my emotions to the very end, I just have to say that Nolan did an amazing work, and sorry to say this Francis Ford Coppola, but my new favorite trilogy is now directed by Nolan. Expand
  36. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up. It takes the elements of Begins and the lie in Dark Knight to make one helluva a trilogy finale. As a Batman and Chris Nolan fan, I think TDKR is theThe Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up. It takes the elements of Begins and the lie in Dark Knight to make one helluva a trilogy finale. As a Batman and Chris Nolan fan, I think TDKR is the best of the three and possibly Nolan's best, but I can understand if anyone chooses any three as the best. This film has the action, destruction to feed those fans while also having the most emotion for a Nolan film. Nolan really does make you get sucked into the characters he has built over 3 movies. Tom Hardy's performance as Bane really does the character justice with eyes of different emotion and the physicality he brings on screen. Anne Hathaway has to be the breakthrough performance as Selina Kyle, because she brings sexiness, strength, and class to her character. Christian Bale becomes Batman for the last time and delivers his best performance as the character in the trilogy. Wally Pfister's cinematography is top notch and Oscar worthy for this movie of such grand scale. Chris Nolan should at least get his nomination for director for the Oscars this year but who knows. I won't give anything away, but the ending was a great way to end Bruce's story. As a trilogy I think it is right up their with some of the best, and it really is one whole story. The trilogy does circle around if Bruce can become the ideal to become the legend that Ra's al Ghul says in the first film. This truly is the greatest superhero/comic book trilogy/film. Expand
  37. Jul 20, 2012
    The first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his place in the history of cinema for turning a cult comic book franchise into the most enthralling silver screen experience anyone can ever hope for.TheThe first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his place in the history of cinema for turning a cult comic book franchise into the most enthralling silver screen experience anyone can ever hope for.The dialogues are sure to resonate for ages;the performances,especially from Christian Bale & Tom Hardy,deserve every possible accolade & each scene simply exudes sheer brilliance.The literal & metaphorical rise of the Dark Knight is displayed with the utmost aplomb & the climax is,in my humble opinion,the greatest conclusion to a masterpiece ever witnessed on the silver screen.Watch the film not only for its magnitude,but for an unbelievably enriching cinematic experience & to be a part of Nolan,the magician's once in a lifetime extravaganza. Expand
  38. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. if you go in the theaters with a view to watch something better than 'the dark knight' , you would be disappointed . But if you go in to watch a super-hero flick you will be amazed with the sheer magnificent ride and would love the movie overall. Better than 'batman begins' and as close to the 'the dark knight' as any super hero flick can go. definitely a must watch for batman fans and a glorified end to a miracle called 'batman- begins' Expand
  39. Jul 20, 2012
    One word describes this movie EPIC!

The final chapter of the Dark Knight series goes out with a bang...intense actions sequences, superb acting, great soundtrack, and great story. Watched the midnight IMAX show ....totally worth the price of admission and it was mesmerizing because everything is just flawless! MUST WATCH! best movie of 2012!
  40. Jul 20, 2012
    Really good special effects, lots more CGI than the previous films, the stunt scenes are examples of perfect choreography.

The storyline is incredibly bleak (in a good way) and at the end of the film we have to say goodbye to some major figures that we have all come to love the previous 2 films. In face, given the amount of characters killed off, we can all be assured that there is no chance of a sequel, as there are no significant characters left to carry on the franchise.

Expect a "To Live and Die In LA" type of superhero film where heroes unexpectedly die. This isn't the traditional Hollywood blockbuster where the good guy lives and the bad guy dies.
  41. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here in Australia. Christopher Nolan surpassed all my expectations and left me with a feeling of deep satisfaction and contentment. The thing that stood out for meThe Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here in Australia. Christopher Nolan surpassed all my expectations and left me with a feeling of deep satisfaction and contentment. The thing that stood out for me was that this film does not try to equal or better 2008's The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises simply compliments the film. It is different in many areas, but these do not in anyway lessen the experience. Christopher Nolan has taken a series that was left in critical and financial darkness and has brought it back from the ashes. Bane is one of the greatest villains to grace our screens and is a perfect match for an instantly recognisable Dark Knight. I have kept in mind that the film is still fresh and audiences around the world are queuing to experience this cinematic masterpiece. I will leave on this not, Do not expect a retelling of the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises is a film all on its own. This film concludes what has become one of the greatest franchises in modern cinema history. Thank you Mr Nolan. The Batman can once again walk with his head held high. Expand
  42. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was an outstanding triumph. The direction of the film, the characters, and the action will provide an overall experience that is well worth 11$s for a ticket. To those who compare this to the Avengers; The Avengers is a good movie, but it falls short in many areas that Nolan succeeds. Bane is outstanding, and a certain young detective steals the show. This is the bestThe Dark Knight Rises was an outstanding triumph. The direction of the film, the characters, and the action will provide an overall experience that is well worth 11$s for a ticket. To those who compare this to the Avengers; The Avengers is a good movie, but it falls short in many areas that Nolan succeeds. Bane is outstanding, and a certain young detective steals the show. This is the best Superhero film of the decade, probably ever. Expand
  43. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i love most is that Nolan use live action instead of CGI. The 164 minute film flew by fast. The action pack was outstanding. Tom Hardy as Bane gave aThe Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i love most is that Nolan use live action instead of CGI. The 164 minute film flew by fast. The action pack was outstanding. Tom Hardy as Bane gave a powerful performance. His expressions were the best. Christian Bale did an amazing job as Bruce/ Batman then before. Anne Hathaway stun with her character and Michael Caine as Alfed touched me. Overall the actors were great. There was so much surprising and shocking scences that kept me on the edge it was an emotional, breath taking film. Nolan has given us the best conclusion for the dark knight trilogy. This movie seriously made me cry. Thank you Nolan you have beaten the threequel curse and have given us the ending we deserve. Expand
  44. Jul 20, 2012
    Surpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhaps a bit too slow to fully comprehend it) or wanted another batman that was great simply because of a great villain. Bane was not as much the focus ofSurpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhaps a bit too slow to fully comprehend it) or wanted another batman that was great simply because of a great villain. Bane was not as much the focus of this one as the joker was in the Dark Knight, and the movie is better for it. Bale, Hatheway and Levitt turn in great performances and Bane is a great foil that doesn't completely steal the show. Those familiar with Bane's origins will be pleased this is a great interpretation of the character that.... let's just say doesn't miss any notes :). There is one weird twist that I cannot discuss for the purposes of spoilers that felt rather unnecessary, but it was a real treat for viewers who tire of movies that treat them like idiots Expand
  45. Jul 22, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is Dark Knight's equal. The production values are every bit as stellar, if not better for our time. The characters are very memorable and exciting. I was skeptical about the inclusion of Bane, but what a great and unique choice he ended up being. The soundtrack is the best in the series and the story might be too. I can't recommend this film enough and if you'reThe Dark Knight Rises is Dark Knight's equal. The production values are every bit as stellar, if not better for our time. The characters are very memorable and exciting. I was skeptical about the inclusion of Bane, but what a great and unique choice he ended up being. The soundtrack is the best in the series and the story might be too. I can't recommend this film enough and if you're remotely into movies you should see it. Expand
  46. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nolan was able to bring his Dark knight trilogy full circle with the dark night raises. You can not compare it to either of the other two films. Unlike the Joker from the dark knight.. Who was more crazy and just rolled with the punches. Bane is pure evil wanting to destroy everything or everyone in his path and he has a plan! Tom Hardy does a great job playing the villain with just his eyes and body language over all! Bale filled out the role of batman perfectly again. The effects were the best out of the 3 films. Just when you think, How can Nolan make this bigger or better. He does, dont doubt the man he is a genius at movie magic . He stays with his own story, yet still sticks well to batman lore. With sprinklings of a little modern day troubles within our own world. The one that was the best and only thing I will give you from the movie is Bane and his men Go into the Gotham stock exchange. One guy says "what do you think your going to steal this is the stock echange there is no Money here?!" Bane replies "If there is no money here then what are you doing here!" With Nolans Batman Trilogy to a satisfying close. The next person that tries to revive the batman series. I wish them the best of luck they will need it. Nolan has placed a big foot print in that department that I dont believe anyone can fill! Expand
  47. Jul 20, 2012
    SPOILER FREE REVIEW: There is no word grand enough to describe the closing film in the Dark Knight saga. Epic doesn't even come close. It is an experience that is truly transcendent for any big summer blockbuster, let alone a comic book adaptation. The movie is set 8 years after the previous film and in the new Gotham crime seems to no longer be the problem, however a new one has begunSPOILER FREE REVIEW: There is no word grand enough to describe the closing film in the Dark Knight saga. Epic doesn't even come close. It is an experience that is truly transcendent for any big summer blockbuster, let alone a comic book adaptation. The movie is set 8 years after the previous film and in the new Gotham crime seems to no longer be the problem, however a new one has begun to grow from the depths of Gotham's sewers, as an increasingly corrupt and greedy 1% take and take and leave nothing for the rest. It is set in a world that so closely resembles our own world in so many ways and Nolan touches on this subject in a way that no other big time director would dare to fathom, nor accomplish with such precision. Some will say that this film is a scathing rejection of socialism, when in fact it shows us the danger of ignoring social and economic injustice, which is at it's extreme a Russian style revolution. But politics and economics aside, the film is still wholly carried by it's intensity and its action, and the action is simply breathtaking. Nolan seems to be the only big budget director left who uses CGI only when absolutely necessary and the effect is very real and impressive, especially during the jaw dropping last 45 minutes of the film. The cast of The Dark Knight Rises is, I think, the best ever assembled for a Batman movie and the surprise best performance comes from Anne Hathaway who is fierce as Catwoman, but also surprisingly human and genuine. She embodies the message of the movie, showing us that all people can change and everyone should have a second chance. Tom Hardy's Bane is perhaps the most fearsome villain I've ever seen on the screen, even if he lacks the electricity that made Heath Ledger's performance in the Dark Knight so monumental. And then there is Marion Cotillard who, even though she wasn't given enough screen time, still managed to steal many of the scenes she was in. Joseph Gordon-Levitt gave a good performance as well, though I don't think he was given enough of a chance to show off his skills. The returning cast was all great as well, particularly Michael Cain. It is inevitable that this film will be compared in every way to it's towering predecessor, and in many ways The Dark Knight Rises is better. For example, the Screenplay seemed much tighter for this film and was almost 100% devoid of cliches that somewhat dogged the first one, and the amazing score by Hans Zimmer seemed to be more thrilling in this film. However, as a whole I think audiences will respond less to this one because of it's much more pensive nature. It doesn't all fly at you with lightning speed like The Dark Knight does. To fully appreciate this movie you have to be fully engaged and you have to come at it with an open mind and a willingness to want more than just a lot of action and violence. My only big complaint about this movie is that even though it was 2 hrs and 45 min long, it still felt to short. Expand
  48. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have no doubt that The Dark Knight rises was the most exhilarating cinematic experience of my life. The suspense was so effectively crafted that after selected scenes, I was shaking. The acting across the board was excellent, particularly Bale, Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway (in my opinion, her sexy, sassy performance was the stand-out). The supporting cast was wonderful as usual, with Caine harnessing some very powerful emotion. Hardy as Bane was very menacing and inspired, but perhaps not quite on par with Ledger's Joker. Also, Bane's voice wasn't perfect and the result of the effect was that it sounded like it was coming from... everywhere, and not his mouth. I thought Cotillard was a tad bland but her role was definitely interesting. The only other criticism I have is that it started a bit slow, and the plot in the beginning was a bit murky but once it took off, it skyrocketed - Bane and Batman's first encounter was electrifying and one of the scenes that left me shaking. Of the script, the dialogue was very good, and Bane's origins were a high point for me. I can't quite decide if it's better than The Dark Knight. I'm tempted to say not (nothing will top The Joker) but as an instalment of the series, it was immensely satisfying and the most enjoyable. I was incredibly pleased with the ending, as I think many fans will be. It ends with the faintest chance of a spin-off, but as it wouldn't be directed by Nolan, I don't think I want to see it happen. In conclusion, it lived up to the hype and even if it does fall slightly short of The Dark Knight, I don't think anyone minds and it was definitely a wonderful film and an excellent conclusion. Expand
  49. Jul 21, 2012
    I'm having trouble thinking of something better to write about this movie than "I love it," but it's getting really hard. It's ingenious, tight, character-driven and raw. The reason I was so antsy to see it was because of Bane: one of my favorite villains played by one of my favorite actors. And he is a really really scary dude. Comparisons to Darth Vader are completely apt. Tom Hardy doesI'm having trouble thinking of something better to write about this movie than "I love it," but it's getting really hard. It's ingenious, tight, character-driven and raw. The reason I was so antsy to see it was because of Bane: one of my favorite villains played by one of my favorite actors. And he is a really really scary dude. Comparisons to Darth Vader are completely apt. Tom Hardy does so much with voice and body language that the character is endlessly expressive, despite his face being obscured. I love the way he's always resting his fists in his chest. It's also easy to assume that such a big bloke has porridge for brains, so the way he combines that vicious, brutal and graceful physicality with rather genteel hyper-articulation is really jarring. Bane's voice has a playful lilt to it, as though he's adding a little "isn't it obvious?" and "don't you agree?" to everything he says. Expand
  50. Jul 21, 2012
    A masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over The Dark Knight simply because I felt Heath Ledger as the Joker was overpowering. His performance was amazing no doubt, but it just seemed to overshadow allA masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over The Dark Knight simply because I felt Heath Ledger as the Joker was overpowering. His performance was amazing no doubt, but it just seemed to overshadow all of the other performances. In here, the film's roles were split almost evenly between Batman and Bane and there was surprising twists - usually such things are predictable but I didn't see them coming. Bane's great too, although I couldn't take him seriously with the way he spoke. It was apparent he wasn't one to mess with when you saw his superhuman strength. An amazing film, well worth a watch. Expand
  51. dst
    Jul 20, 2012
    Sensationally concludes one of the greatest trilogies of modern cinema, and gives Bruce Wayne/Batman a satisfactory ending. Despite seeming muddled, flawed and overly complex at the beginning of the film the final act brings it's entirety together spectacularly and resolves questions that were asked even in the two prior films, bring the trilogy in a fulfilling circle.
  52. Jul 20, 2012
    absolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good just brilliant. beautifully shoot in imax great story and ann hathaway was unbelievable great she totally deserves her own catwoman movie can not recommend thisabsolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good just brilliant. beautifully shoot in imax great story and ann hathaway was unbelievable great she totally deserves her own catwoman movie can not recommend this seminal movie any higher GO AND SEE IT NOW Expand
  53. Jul 20, 2012
    Modern day Citizen Kane. This is a fascistic look at revolt in a city of desperation. Nolan delivers with a grand slam. Epic conclusion to the most epic trilogy of all time.
  54. Jul 20, 2012
    An epic, visceral, emotional ride. A truly grand feat of filmmaking. Is it better than The Dark Knight? No. But then again, under the circumstances, there was no way it ever could be. What it IS however, is a fitting conclusion to Nolan's Batman saga, the best film he could have possibly made without Heath Ledger. Nolan has beaten the "superhero threequel curse" and delivered the secondAn epic, visceral, emotional ride. A truly grand feat of filmmaking. Is it better than The Dark Knight? No. But then again, under the circumstances, there was no way it ever could be. What it IS however, is a fitting conclusion to Nolan's Batman saga, the best film he could have possibly made without Heath Ledger. Nolan has beaten the "superhero threequel curse" and delivered the second best Batman film ever made, and arguably, the second best comic-book movie too. A must see (but come on, you were going to see it anyway). Expand
  55. Jul 20, 2012
    Honestly, I can say this movie kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time which is surprising considering I nearly fell asleep at the last movie I saw which was this length, which was the most recent remake of king kong...
  56. Jul 20, 2012
    The critics picked this film apart, but it was a thoroughly satisfying end to the best trilogy of the past decade. 2.5 hours well spent by me thanks to 4 years well spent by Christopher Nolan and company.
  57. Jul 20, 2012
    why SO SERIOUS ........................................ stupid marvel dumb asses giveing bad review

way better that DISNEY'S avanger ****
  58. Jul 20, 2012
    Incredible film. Best movie of all-time. Action, dialogue, drama, emotion, hopelessness, resiliency, this movie had at all. Bale, Caine, Freeman, Hathaway, Oldman, Leavitt, Cotilliard, and Hardy all NAILED their parts. Fantastic ending that wrapped up the trilogy perfectly.
  59. Jul 20, 2012
    much better than The Dark Knight. Bane is a much more dangerous villain than Joker. watching batman being broken both in body and spirit by Bane, and then pick himself up again to fight for his beloved gotham is amazing to see. something the joker was unable to do. TDKR has a great storyline and was much more plausible than the dark knight where joker was a one man show with an unlimitedmuch better than The Dark Knight. Bane is a much more dangerous villain than Joker. watching batman being broken both in body and spirit by Bane, and then pick himself up again to fight for his beloved gotham is amazing to see. something the joker was unable to do. TDKR has a great storyline and was much more plausible than the dark knight where joker was a one man show with an unlimited amount of explosives he got from god knows where. to somehow plant it without anybody else knowing. and then somehow getting a whole city to play his game exactly the way he wants it. Expand
  60. Jul 20, 2012
    A Master Piece .
    That is how thing will end up if terrorist show up , A Legend will born Consist alot of fighting then Dark Knight
    And also more then Begin. This is how a movie should be! With a nice soundtrack and a Brilliant special effect. Rise contain about 9 TV SPOT ( Trailer ) but don worry to watch them! They are all in the beginning , like in the early 30 minute. Prepare to
    A Master Piece .
    And also more then Begin.
    This is how a movie should be!
    With a nice soundtrack and a Brilliant special effect.
    Rise contain about 9 TV SPOT ( Trailer ) but don worry to watch them!
    They are all in the beginning , like in the early 30 minute.
    Prepare to be AMAZED !
    After watching it , Avenger kinda look like a teenage movie.
  61. Jul 20, 2012
    Amazing really, Nolan close one of the best superhero sagas of all the time, that have amazing performances, the story and the development is really amazing. The performance of Christian Bale is really awesome, and the two new villians Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway are really cool, the rest of the cast is very amazing. The movie is awesome, have a great end and yes is one of the best moviesAmazing really, Nolan close one of the best superhero sagas of all the time, that have amazing performances, the story and the development is really amazing. The performance of Christian Bale is really awesome, and the two new villians Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway are really cool, the rest of the cast is very amazing. The movie is awesome, have a great end and yes is one of the best movies of this year. Expand
  62. Jul 20, 2012
    Wow...what a movie!!!! I gave The Dark Knight Rises a 9 because it isn't perfect, but it is darn close. If you thought The Dark Knight was "dark", then "Rises" is a black hole where no light can survive. Compared to "Rises", TDK was a Bugs Bunny cartoon. This movie is the EPIC conclusion to Chris Nolan's stellar Batman trilogy. The story is huge, the action is huge and the intensity isWow...what a movie!!!! I gave The Dark Knight Rises a 9 because it isn't perfect, but it is darn close. If you thought The Dark Knight was "dark", then "Rises" is a black hole where no light can survive. Compared to "Rises", TDK was a Bugs Bunny cartoon. This movie is the EPIC conclusion to Chris Nolan's stellar Batman trilogy. The story is huge, the action is huge and the intensity is monumental. This movie is not suitable for small children. It is rated PG-13 for a very good reason. The regulars in the cast were magnificent, as usual. To my surprise, I thought Ann Hathaway was very good as Catwoman. While Tom Hardy did an admirable job as Bane, I did have trouble understanding what he was saying at times. I read once that Christopher Nolan said he wanted to elevate the comic book superhero genre to the next level with his Batman movies. All I have to say to Mr. Nolan is "Mission Accomplished!!" God Bless the victims and the families affected by the Aurora shooting tragedy. Expand
  63. Jul 26, 2012
    I waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though), but Tom Hardy does a very very good job. Anne Hathaway has surprised me, I thought she would be boring and bad, but like Tom Hardy, she acts veryI waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though), but Tom Hardy does a very very good job. Anne Hathaway has surprised me, I thought she would be boring and bad, but like Tom Hardy, she acts very well. I don't know why some people hate this movie, but I enjoyed it like heaven!!! Expand
  64. Jul 24, 2012
    The dark knight rises is a near perfect movie. Yes I do miss the Joker, but while seeing the movie, I realized that it didn't need it in this story. Bane might not be the biggest and most impressive villain, but the story is one hell of a story. Fans of Batman will surely see all the secrets that are hidden within the movie. I'm not going to spoil anything because I believe you shouldThe dark knight rises is a near perfect movie. Yes I do miss the Joker, but while seeing the movie, I realized that it didn't need it in this story. Bane might not be the biggest and most impressive villain, but the story is one hell of a story. Fans of Batman will surely see all the secrets that are hidden within the movie. I'm not going to spoil anything because I believe you should watch and judge by yourself. I have a few complaints with bane's voice. I couldn't understand everything he said. It's better now than when the original 10 minutes screening was shown in december, but still. Nolan did an incredible job. Yes some things will displease some people, but that's the way with the most anticipated movies: You can't please everyone. there will always be people who love it and others who won't. I think most will really love it and some who'll really hate, but not that much in between. I was one of those who really loved that movie I'll leave it to you to you to judge, but it's a movie you should definitely go and see. well? what are you waiting for? GO! Expand
  65. Jul 26, 2012
    the story confuse me. The movie has some scenes from the other two movies for this reason i confused (maybe). In general, this is the end that deserve to dark knight , i hope some day Cristofer Nolan continue this phenom movie. Additionally the sountrack and the technology that use the film are excellent.
  66. Aug 2, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -not of a hero but, of a story.
  67. Jul 23, 2012
    TDKR begins with a bang and continues throughout as a cinematic masterpiece and one of the most powerful conclusions to any story told on film. While it may not be a perfect film, The Dark Knight Rises is likely the closest thing we will get to that until Christopher Nolan
  68. Jul 26, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises even with its flaws, it's the most charming on franchise. Nolan concludes The Dark Knight legend in spectacular fashion with ambitious direction, thoughtful and top-notch performance.
  69. Jul 20, 2012
    A true cinematic masterpiece. It was no where near perfect, but it did so many things right it is hard not to give it a perfect 10. The highlights were Anne Hathaway as catwoman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
  70. Jul 20, 2012
    A decent b movie but compared to its predecessor is woefully lacking of its potential. There were huge plot holes banes voice was odd and had "god" re verb so it sounded like he was everywhere unlike everyone else in the scenes. Several things in the movie were so ridiculous and unneeded I burst out laughing( batmans "where is it like 6 times in a row" and had me asking why? Decent movieA decent b movie but compared to its predecessor is woefully lacking of its potential. There were huge plot holes banes voice was odd and had "god" re verb so it sounded like he was everywhere unlike everyone else in the scenes. Several things in the movie were so ridiculous and unneeded I burst out laughing( batmans "where is it like 6 times in a row" and had me asking why? Decent movie but such a sour bite(in comparison) to finish off an otherwise masterful trilogy. Expand
  71. Jul 20, 2012
    This movie was truly epic! Enjoyed it from start to finish :) Some people say its a bit cliché but its a superhero movie so the formula will be roughly the same. Thought Nolan did a terrific job considering they had to follow up from "Dark Knight" and a superb Heath Ledger (RIP) as the Joker. The music was mind blowing (Thank you Hans Zimmer) and really set the pace/mood throughout.This movie was truly epic! Enjoyed it from start to finish :) Some people say its a bit cliché but its a superhero movie so the formula will be roughly the same. Thought Nolan did a terrific job considering they had to follow up from "Dark Knight" and a superb Heath Ledger (RIP) as the Joker. The music was mind blowing (Thank you Hans Zimmer) and really set the pace/mood throughout. The fight scenes were action packed and the whole trilogy is tied together by different events. Thought the storyline was good also and i liked how they went about it. IF you're skeptical about going to see it i would recommend you go just so you can make up your mind for yourselves. Any Dark Knight/Superhero fans shouldn't be disappointed .

72. Jul 21, 2012
    I had astronomical expectations for this film. I was so happy that not only did it meet my expectations but it blew past them.

I re-watched the previous two films in the trilogy the night before. This movie ties in much more heavily with the first than the second. There's so much awesome plot and character development that connects this to the first film to make it seem larger than life.

The acting was phenomenal and Anne Hathaway's performance as Catwoman was great. This is the kind movie that will leave you awestruck, laughing, and crying all at the same time. (No joke, a huge majority of the theater was crying at one point.)

I saw it at the Lincoln Center Imax (largest screen in the country 100x85 feet or something). This is the only way to see the movie. I felt a part of the dark knight world. Especially the fight scenes between batman and bane. You truly feel every hit that was exchanged. Also the imax resolution was phenomenal. It wasn't watching a movie this was a life experience everyone should have.

Finally for the comparisons. I feel Bane was a better villain than the joker. Joker was awesome for all the chaos and his sick humor, but bane was visceral, ferocious, and extremely intelligent. It just made him more menacing. He even brings Gotham to its knees! As for the Avengers. Two completely different styles of film but the story in this movie as well as the characters and acting were just so much more enjoyable and entertaining than the avengers.

I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. Also rewatch the previous two films before hand to really see just how well tied in these films are.
  73. Aug 2, 2012
    This movie from beginning to end is the best movie I have ever seen. It has superior action, characters, and climax. It feels like it goes to fast but it is s really long movies, it will leave you wanting more.
  74. Jul 20, 2012
    Best movie of the year!! loved the ending. Bane was crazy as the villian. great way to end this amazing trilogy. props to chris nolan for his astonashing work over the past decade
  75. Jul 20, 2012
    Wow, just wow.

For the Dark Knight Rises to meet my expectations was going to be unbelievably hard, near impossible even, but it succeeded. Its a beautifully shot, awe inspiring epic film making at its best. The new characters mix in brilliantly to the verse and Alfred gives The Dark Knight Rises the depth it so desperately needs. Though the Joker is missed for his anarchy and sheer
    Wow, just wow.

Though the Joker is missed for his anarchy and sheer surprise, its something that just cannot be dwelled on, Heath Ledger died along with the Nolan Joker. Bane is a great and very different villain, he is a ferocious and brutal adversary, Tom Hardy fills his shoes very well and portrays a rather surprising amount of emotion just through his eyes. Anne Hathaway is a scene stealer with her cheeky Selina Kyle, a very different take on Catwoman from Michelle Pfeiffer's. She's playful, fun and above all sexy, something that Anne Hathaway hasn't really portrayed before. But kudos go to Christian Bale who gives it all he has as Batman/Bruce Wayne, he makes the character so fleshed out and above all human and his return to the action in the film is one of the highlights.

What Dark Knight Rises manages to do is keep its long running time light on its feet, with a plot that is both engaging and interesting. It all ties together and comes full circle which is exactly what you want from a third film.

The cinematography and set pieces are just unbelievable, the choice not to use 3D benefits this film, it can stand on its own without this irritating gimmick and hopefully Dark Knight Rises will signal the reemergence of non 3D films and films shot in IMAX instead.

All in all Dark Knight Rises is a must see for fans of the last two film and anyone that likes quality film making. It gave me goosebumps on around six separate occasions, you know it's a good thing when that happens. This trilogy has been nothing short of epic and will live on well past its run at the cinemas.
  76. Jul 21, 2012
    Just saw this movie and it is the best superhero movie ever made, The Avengers is childs play compared to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  77. Jul 23, 2012
    You have to respect that Chistopher Nolan was hesitant about returning to the batman franchise unless he came up with a satisfactory ending. He did. From the opening scene to the final shot, the pace never falters, the set pieces are jaw dropping, and Tom Hardy as Bane is absolutely terrifying. The supporting cast is remarkable, especially Michael Caine who gives one of his greatestYou have to respect that Chistopher Nolan was hesitant about returning to the batman franchise unless he came up with a satisfactory ending. He did. From the opening scene to the final shot, the pace never falters, the set pieces are jaw dropping, and Tom Hardy as Bane is absolutely terrifying. The supporting cast is remarkable, especially Michael Caine who gives one of his greatest performances to date. The ending is simply incredible, every character gets a great end to their story arc, (especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt), and there is a total sense of closure, no loose threads, no plot holes, just complete closure. While some might find Bane a slightly less engaging villain than Heath's Joker, the movie itself, too me at least, easily takes the title of the greatest super hero film in not only the Nolan trilogy, but one of the absolutely greatest films ever made. Expand
  78. Jul 24, 2012
    Wow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's KyleWow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's Kyle are nearly perfect in Nolan's Gotham, with the former posing an intimidating, true rival to Bruce Wayne, and the latter a The breakout star though is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, not gonna say much there but you'll see. The film does take some time "to get in the swing of things", but the setup ultimately enhances the stunning climax of the film and possibly the entire series. Truly an entertaining, edge-of-your-seat, deeply layered, action-packed, emotional thrill-ride that cements Batman's legacy as well of all involved. I recommend repeat viewings so that you can fill in some of those "plot-holes" people keep mentioning IMAX if you can, definitely worth it. Those last few minutes - I don't think I've ever seen a better ending to a film, hyperbole and all. Collapse
  79. Jul 27, 2012
    I say the movie is more 8.5 total. Better than "The Amazing Spiderman". Not as good as the second movie in this new batman trilogy. I feel the movie drags a bit in the beginning. The story relates to the first one with no real mention of the Joker for obvious reasons and is difficult to follow at times. But overall the movie very satisfying and is a great ride. The acting is superb allI say the movie is more 8.5 total. Better than "The Amazing Spiderman". Not as good as the second movie in this new batman trilogy. I feel the movie drags a bit in the beginning. The story relates to the first one with no real mention of the Joker for obvious reasons and is difficult to follow at times. But overall the movie very satisfying and is a great ride. The acting is superb all around and the plot actually believable to an extent. See this movie if you haven't already. Expand
  80. Aug 22, 2012
    Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film,Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film, I can clearly say that it was worth waiting for! The amount of anticipation and that hype it created was too enormous and it all got paid off. Nobody has ever made superhero films like Christopher Nolan, hence this trilogy is the best superhero trilogy. The acting, the direction, the screenplay, the cinematography, the production design, the costumes, the CGIs, the great cast and not releasing it in 3D being one of the most important things; everything about this film was flawless. Moving on to this film, the epic conclusion, I have no words to explain how happy I felt after watching it. Christian Bale's performance as Batman was mesmerizing as ever. And the way Tom Hardy performed as Bane was just astounding, he kept me terrified throughout the film especially after taking over Gotham city. Another important thing to notice was Bane's character, I read somewhere a couple of days ago that it is a superhero film without a superhero, and this is correct. This film focused more on Bane and the Gotham city. Another interesting part was when Bane actually broke Batman's back and sent him to prison, and then Batman rises again and comes back to save his city, that bit was too awesome. Anne Hathaway shined as Catwoman, I liked her performance as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt's. Every single person in this film did more than amazing and turned it into a masterpiece. Hats off to Christopher Nolan for giving us a masterpiece, a trilogy that would be remembered for centuries. I would really like if this film gets all the big nominations in the Academy Awards and actually wins the Best Picture. This would be the best thing ever! Expand
  81. Jul 29, 2012
    one of the finest films in many years, tom hardy plays an amazing role as bane and the addition of catwomen only make it better.
  82. Jul 21, 2012
    best superhero movie i have ever seen, maybe even best ever. highly recommend seeing it. people who gave this less than a 9 would not know a movie if it was jammed up their ass.
  83. Jul 23, 2012
    The dark knight rises is a kind of film which blows your mind ........ keeps u engaged for the entire 2 hr 45 min with its emotions and the storyline i can say that those 2 hr 45 min were the best 2 hr 45 min of my entire life nolan created another masterpiece truly an epic conclusion to the dark knight legend and i liked it even more than the dark knight this is the best movie of the year
  84. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O fim de uma era.
    Foi no meio de uma onda crescente que começa então a se tornar realidade
  85. Jul 20, 2012
    Well I would have to say, the batman suit ruins it for me, not a whole lot of batman in 2:44 minutes, drawn out movie, to me it seemed Christopher Nolan just wanted to be done with batman and that's it, just wasn't enough equal care for the final saga. The bat plane/jet was aweful looking, batman meets battleship meets termitaor salvation plane, the ending was neat, but the batman twist, IWell I would have to say, the batman suit ruins it for me, not a whole lot of batman in 2:44 minutes, drawn out movie, to me it seemed Christopher Nolan just wanted to be done with batman and that's it, just wasn't enough equal care for the final saga. The bat plane/jet was aweful looking, batman meets battleship meets termitaor salvation plane, the ending was neat, but the batman twist, I was and still am confused with, there's just so much more to and for batman! Expand
  86. Jul 20, 2012
    A powerful film which surpasses "The Dark Knight" in almost every way. Newcomers Hardy, Cotillard, Levitt and especially Hathaway do a tremendous job, while Bale gives his best performance as Batman yet. The film is an emotional journey that you will not regret seeing.
  87. Jul 21, 2012
    Before The Dark Knight released I selfishly found myself worried that a pillar of the franchise, Joker, was gone before we had even discovered him. Before seeing The Dark Knight Rises, I again found myself selfishly wondering what story would have been told if we had not lost Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight Rises is its own movie. TDKR has ties to both previous films, which are meant toBefore The Dark Knight released I selfishly found myself worried that a pillar of the franchise, Joker, was gone before we had even discovered him. Before seeing The Dark Knight Rises, I again found myself selfishly wondering what story would have been told if we had not lost Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight Rises is its own movie. TDKR has ties to both previous films, which are meant to drive much of the plot. The mystique of those ties is given up almost immediately in the interest of defining the current state of Gotham and its characters. Where the Joker was wild, Bane lays his cards out for all to see and because of this, mystique and wonderment has no place. We must simply face the undeniable grasp of Bane Expand
  88. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the most anticipated movie of the last few years but can it live up to the hype and top the previous movie, which is probably the greatest super hero movie of all time, or will it go down as another in a long list of threequels which finish a trilogy with a whimper? Thankfully it takes its lead from 'The Dark Knight' and builds on everything that has come beforeThe Dark Knight Rises is the most anticipated movie of the last few years but can it live up to the hype and top the previous movie, which is probably the greatest super hero movie of all time, or will it go down as another in a long list of threequels which finish a trilogy with a whimper? Thankfully it takes its lead from 'The Dark Knight' and builds on everything that has come before and gives us a fitting end to this Batman story. This is movie making on a truly epic scale, using New York to its fullest, with the city being the lifeblood of the film. How it blends aspects of current political and economic strife into its narrative is bold and beautiful to behold which really cements it in reality. The ending will be the one thing that will polarise audiences but I for one loved it, it is poetic and the right ending for this story.

That's not to say that it doesn't have problems, the film takes its time to get going with the first 30 minutes being rather clunky but when Bane sets his plan into motion it all falls into place. Some character beats don't pay off as well as they should and it does feel a little long at almost three hours. The batmobile is sadly not around anymore and his new flying vehicle, The Bat, isn't really a great substitute but it has its moments but all in all these are just little nitpicks in a great film.

Christopher Nolan does what he started out to do and give is an ending to the saga he started and he doesn't disappoint, he is just a great director who will hopefully go onto bigger and better things. The look and feel of the film is different but familiar with cinematographer Wally Pfister, who exclusively works on Nolan
  89. Jul 20, 2012
    Excellent movie. The characters are really interesting and the action is epic. Moving and intelligent. A magnific conclusion for the trilogy. Is better than TDK.
  90. Jul 20, 2012
    one of the best movie ever,without comparing with the prequel it is one of the batman movie ever,good story,better acting and best direction with screenplay,just go and watch it,for me 10/10........
  91. Jul 20, 2012
    Spectacular and monumental film. An event. The effects are amazing and impressive narrative. I have no words to describe the greatness of Nolan. The actors, magnificent. Applause.
  92. Jul 20, 2012
    Honestly, this is the most epic movie EVER. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tom Hardy had an OUTSTANDING performance as Bane, and Bale delivers his best performance yet as Bruce Wayne. The moment when Bane's plan takes effect (vague to avoid spoilers) is just mind-boggling. All the characters are very deep and I genuinely felt connected to them. The effects and soundtrack are also bothHonestly, this is the most epic movie EVER. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tom Hardy had an OUTSTANDING performance as Bane, and Bale delivers his best performance yet as Bruce Wayne. The moment when Bane's plan takes effect (vague to avoid spoilers) is just mind-boggling. All the characters are very deep and I genuinely felt connected to them. The effects and soundtrack are also both amazing. The movie sets itself up for a sequel at the end very nicley, and the end made me want to get up out of my seat and cheer. Overall, great movie, and Nolan's masterpiece in my opinion. 10/10 Expand
  93. Jul 20, 2012
    A great movie mainly because Bane is the most charismatic and convincingly threatening bad guy i can remember. There's less moral complexity than "The Dark Knight' and even 'Batman begins' but it's better paced than the former and, for me at least, more emotionally involving than the either film. You empathise here more with Batman because Bane is a constant, enormous, threat, whereas theA great movie mainly because Bane is the most charismatic and convincingly threatening bad guy i can remember. There's less moral complexity than "The Dark Knight' and even 'Batman begins' but it's better paced than the former and, for me at least, more emotionally involving than the either film. You empathise here more with Batman because Bane is a constant, enormous, threat, whereas the Joker was so random and chaotic and uninterested in Batman himself. Tension here builds up gradually towards one on one confrontation . Where confronting the Joker was like a snake in the grass, with Bane it's more like facing a lion on his turf. i enjoyed it more than either of the first two films, though i doubt that it will stand up as well to re-watch as the story is more straight-forward and, as i said, less morally complex Expand
  94. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark knight Rises was a great movie and the direction was awesome in some of the scenes. The most interesting character in the movie was Bane. His voice was too good to say. This movie cannot be compared to any other movies which are released in this season. Though the movie was a little of confusion at the beginning, Christopher Nolan did a great work and the movie comes to an epicThe Dark knight Rises was a great movie and the direction was awesome in some of the scenes. The most interesting character in the movie was Bane. His voice was too good to say. This movie cannot be compared to any other movies which are released in this season. Though the movie was a little of confusion at the beginning, Christopher Nolan did a great work and the movie comes to an epic conclusion in the end. I cannot say and Spoil the movie. But Its a movie definitely to be watched in the Big Screens. Thank you Nolan for another Epic movie Expand
  95. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is a movie that perfectly balances "Tragedy to Triumph" . I am not the biggest Batman fan as i watched The Dark Knight for the first time last year, and Batman Begins the first time the morning before watching TDKR. Ultimately to me The Dark Knight was Overrated, it was good but Begins was better to me. Now TDKR is the best one to me. Christian Bale as Batman wasThe Dark Knight Rises is a movie that perfectly balances "Tragedy to Triumph" . I am not the biggest Batman fan as i watched The Dark Knight for the first time last year, and Batman Begins the first time the morning before watching TDKR. Ultimately to me The Dark Knight was Overrated, it was good but Begins was better to me. Now TDKR is the best one to me. Christian Bale as Batman was Spot On Perfect in this movie. Anne Hathaway stole the show as Catwoman. Tom Hardy did a good job with Bane but was lacking in some areas (at times you couldn't understand him). Yes this movie has flaws as i found it to be quite humorless, but exchange for that was "Epicness" as i was at the edge of my seat numeorous times. In comparison to The Avengers...i like Avengers better for the fact that there is much more humor and action going on throughout the movie. But nonetheless the movie ends the Trilogy on a soaring high note, giving the Viewers clarity on the fate/future of Gotham City and Bruce Wayne himself. If your a super hero fan....you just simply NEED to see this movie. Expand
  96. Jul 20, 2012
    A masterful work which will have you experience every emotion under the sun. While it is not "The Dark Knight" few films can hope to be. This film holds up though and should be considered one of the top films of this century.
  97. Jul 20, 2012
    Fantastic, truly a spectacular movie. The acting is great, the storyline epic, and it ends on a truly satisfying note. God bless Christopher Nolan for one of my favorite trilogies of all time.
  98. Jul 23, 2012
    The sombre tone of the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises defines the rest of the film as an absolutely drop-dead spectacular capper to the the best superhero trilogy ever made. The film has enough spectacle, emotional depths and peaks and pure ambitious scale to overcome the fact that this film is no 'The Dark Knight' but still provides a satisfying, Nolan-esque climaxed ending to theThe sombre tone of the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises defines the rest of the film as an absolutely drop-dead spectacular capper to the the best superhero trilogy ever made. The film has enough spectacle, emotional depths and peaks and pure ambitious scale to overcome the fact that this film is no 'The Dark Knight' but still provides a satisfying, Nolan-esque climaxed ending to the epic Batman trilogy that exemplifies modern masterful filmmaking. Expand
  99. Jul 21, 2012
    By far the best movie of all time, an absolute blockbuster from start to finish. What a wrap up to this thrilling trilogy. Well done Christopher Nolan!!!!!!
  100. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises ends in style. A fantastic trilogy to Nolan's highly anticipated movie of the year! At first when I got my ticket, I didn't have a slightest clue of how this would top 2008's The Dark Knight. But now I got my answer, Christopher Nolan is a magician. He is the true Dark Knight Legend, the screenplay/directing/plot was just genius. Bale was at his best while portrayingThe Dark Knight Rises ends in style. A fantastic trilogy to Nolan's highly anticipated movie of the year! At first when I got my ticket, I didn't have a slightest clue of how this would top 2008's The Dark Knight. But now I got my answer, Christopher Nolan is a magician. He is the true Dark Knight Legend, the screenplay/directing/plot was just genius. Bale was at his best while portraying his role, Tom Hardy did a stunning performance as Bane. He tested Batman to his limit. And as for Anne Hathaway, brilliant performance. To be honest, I actually thought she'd screw up the movie. But her performance as cat woman was just spectacular. My rating 10/10 Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.