8.4

1. Jul 23, 2012
    Being a fan of the batman trilogy I was kind of skeptical when I saw the trailers. A man in a gas mask? Doesn't seem too scary. But after watching this I was blown away. Blown away by the actors and actresses performances, the stunts, and the awesome explosions. Anne Hathaway surprisingly pulled off catwomen really well which at first i didn't think she could do I loved everything aboutBeing a fan of the batman trilogy I was kind of skeptical when I saw the trailers. A man in a gas mask? Doesn't seem too scary. But after watching this I was blown away. Blown away by the actors and actresses performances, the stunts, and the awesome explosions. Anne Hathaway surprisingly pulled off catwomen really well which at first i didn't think she could do I loved everything about this movie, well maybe not everything...I didn't absolutely love the ending but it was pretty good. Now all I want is Christian Bale kicking more butt on the big screen!
    I hope that there will be another Batman movie in the future!
  2. Jul 23, 2012
    The wait was fruitful as I saw the movie on the very first of its release. The movie will add laurels to the career of Nolan and I want to thank him for presenting my best comic hero so well on screen. TDKR is a well thought end to the series and the way Nolan has innovated the background of the characters, be it Cat woman or be it Robin,is commendable.Now on not only I am a big fan ofThe wait was fruitful as I saw the movie on the very first of its release. The movie will add laurels to the career of Nolan and I want to thank him for presenting my best comic hero so well on screen. TDKR is a well thought end to the series and the way Nolan has innovated the background of the characters, be it Cat woman or be it Robin,is commendable.Now on not only I am a big fan of Batman but also of Nolan, the year brain behind this awesome series which will always be remembered by movie and batman lovers.One more important thing was the way in which the three parts were connected with each other. Every character has its importance and series couldn't be thought of as a success if any one the characters is removed. Such was the level of brainstorming involved in the project. Hats off to the maker and the actors Expand
  3. Jul 23, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the best movie ever, their is always thing you shall thing twice about and under the whole movie i was entertained, the movie had so many plot twist that ist keep the movie injoignable the whole time, watch the movie if you... oh what is it im saying just watch it because it is a amazing film and you will not regret it :D
  4. Jul 23, 2012
    Astounding! A movie that will have you experience every emotion that you can imagine, from fear to hate to sadness. A fitting end to the greatest trilogy ever made.
  5. Jul 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best of this year so far, breathtaking great script,acting and story is better then in dark knight in my opinion. The ending just awesome,this is the last film of trilogy,so your imagination will complete the story after ending. That would be great if Nolan filmed spinoff for how Blake become Nightwing or spinoff with catwoman. Expand
  6. Jul 25, 2012
    Simply stunning- Filled with everything from fast pace car chases to hand-to hand combat to mind blowing evil, the twist will make you totally rethink the movie. This is a must see (Several times) and I will b the first in line to buy it when it comes out on DVD 10/10 all the way
  7. Jul 26, 2012
    at the oscar screening someone told that no one was exited ,but i would like to say that if no one was exited than why they went for the movie no one is capable of capturing sir nolan's visionary story telling by combinig the technicality with the human emotion so intimate. it's truly another masterpiece from the greatest director of all time and looking forward to see all his movies. andat the oscar screening someone told that no one was exited ,but i would like to say that if no one was exited than why they went for the movie no one is capable of capturing sir nolan's visionary story telling by combinig the technicality with the human emotion so intimate. it's truly another masterpiece from the greatest director of all time and looking forward to see all his movies. and i would condemn the colorado shooting. Expand
  8. Jul 27, 2012
    GO SEE THIS MOVIE! It had so much expectation to live up to with the first two installments of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy but oh it delivers!

The cast as always is fantastic and they deliver some great performances here. The ambition of the story is epic and covers so many bases. I am just so impressed with what Nolan has been able to achieve i think this will go down as one of the great trilogies.
  9. Jul 27, 2012
    To be 100% honest, this is probably the best Superhero movie (and trilogy) i have ever seen in my entire live. It's full of emotion, darkness and pain, and it makes us think. It's not only entertainment, but the perfect combination of Pop Culture and Humanity. It's a job that deserves applause of every person who claims to be an HQ fan. Thakns Nolan, Bale, Cane, Freeman, Ledger, Hardy,To be 100% honest, this is probably the best Superhero movie (and trilogy) i have ever seen in my entire live. It's full of emotion, darkness and pain, and it makes us think. It's not only entertainment, but the perfect combination of Pop Culture and Humanity. It's a job that deserves applause of every person who claims to be an HQ fan. Thakns Nolan, Bale, Cane, Freeman, Ledger, Hardy, Lewitt, Hathaway, Eckhart, Neeson, Gyllenhaal, Holmes, Murphy, Oldman, and everybody who was involved in the trilogy!!! Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute Perfection! After waiting almost a year since first Trailer, I couldn't be more satisfied as I am. It was a really good and entertain movie.
  11. Jul 29, 2012
    Magistral , monumental, épico, sin duda la mejor película de superhéroes jamás creada. Perderse ésta película sería un crimen y es más después de verla le van a dar ganas de repetir.
  12. Jul 29, 2012
    I adored Batman Begins and thought Nolan couldn't top it, and thought he pushed superhero movies to the limit with TDK. Nolan has done it again with TDKR. The movie strives, not for being the 3rd and final installment in the series, but for being different. TDKR isn't just another Batman movie and doesn't try to ride on the success of TDK, it changes the tone almost completely. That is whyI adored Batman Begins and thought Nolan couldn't top it, and thought he pushed superhero movies to the limit with TDK. Nolan has done it again with TDKR. The movie strives, not for being the 3rd and final installment in the series, but for being different. TDKR isn't just another Batman movie and doesn't try to ride on the success of TDK, it changes the tone almost completely. That is why I enjoyed the movie, because it felt fresh. Your introduced to many new characters like Blake and Catwoman, both Gordan and Hathaway played their roles fantastic. Bale is the best Batman I have ever seen and his acting skills shined in TDKR. I do believe Bane came close to the Joker in the TDK. Because he gave off a feeling of true evil as Tom Hardy played a engrossingly disturbing character. I have heard complaints of plot holes and can tell you there aren't any. Go see this movie. Expand
  13. Jul 29, 2012
    A brilliant film overall, although quite slow in the beginning and was a little hard to hear Bane's voice throughout the film (this may be because i sat quite close to the screen in the cinema). A must watch for fans of Nolan's films and of Batman in general
  14. Jul 30, 2012
    This movie was absolutely great. It made me feel all good inside. OMG it was so good!!! Many parts were great in the movie giving an epic feel to the overall movie including the moment batman comes out once more and the final fight scene with bane and all the police. I also enjoyed the fact that in the end you are given a little awesome boost with robin!!!
  15. Jul 31, 2012
    A good ending for an excellent trilogy. But bear in mind, that you must of watch 1 and 2 to really enjoy this story and look at it from a real world perspective.
  16. Aug 2, 2012
    TDKR is an amazing movie even when compared with the first two. Although it lacks the depth that is expected from a Nolan film it ends the trilogy perfectly and ties up all three movies. TDKR gets even better the more that you watch it and you feel that you get more out of it when you do. By far the best movie I have seen since Dark Knight.
  17. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nolan opens a door on a new vision to realize in the cinema the Super-hero. A disturbing Trilogy, TDKR is already, according to me, the Cult movie. The most disturbing of the Trilogy, TDKR goes up in crescendo in one unprecedented finale in this genre. Expand
  18. Aug 7, 2012
    This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music,This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music, it was all amazing!! All of this batman films stand alone and they altogether establish one of the best trilogies of all time... and the fact that it deals with a superhero is impressive! Overall the movie is a glorious achievement for Nolan and the icing on the cake for this near perfect trilogy!! I recommend to see twice!! Expand
  19. Aug 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think theChristopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think the movie as a whole was great as the rest of the series and it ended things where you can wonder what happened after and where if thats it then you can be satisfied knowing things ended well. Expand
  20. Aug 14, 2012
    Muy buena película y muy buena trilogía. sinceramente no creo que alguien pueda hacer una mejor película con un mejor final sobre Batman. el villano Bane tal vez no sea mejor que el Joker de The Dark knight pero en términos generales la película cumple con lo esperado. muy buenas actuaciones e historia , totalmente recomendada.
  21. Aug 29, 2012
    This movie was awesome from the beginning to the end. I never enjoyed in a movie that good since The Dark Knight. The previous movie was way better. But this one was good too, it was exciting all the time. Anne Hathaway really surprised me with such performance. Also the ending was pretty amazing.
    The only thing I didn't liked about the movie was the ending with Blake - this was unnecessary. But anyway, it's a good movie.
  22. Sep 3, 2012
    With Batman Begins, Nolan set the benchmark for the superhero genre by showing us what it
  23. Sep 6, 2012
    Un film lleno de emoción , efectos visuales increíbles, una actuacion muy buena de parte de anne hat thaway.Sin embargo los errores notorios hacen que mi calificacion no sea perfecta. No obstante este film no deja de ser una obra maestra.
  24. Sep 14, 2012
    It concludes this trilogy in such a great way that makes the three movies function as one piece of storytelling. Most importantly, it's an amazingly written and acted story that lives up to the hype generated by the previous ones and faithful and honest towards the comics that originally brought The Dark Knight to a legend status.
  25. Dec 7, 2012
    This film has seemed a lot better than the previous film.
  26. Oct 2, 2012
    This film is great, it doesn't quite live up to the incredible lofty heights of The Dark Knight (2008) but it's still a great watch, the set pieces are fantastic, the scale of the film is ginormous, technical codes are brilliant and to top it all off it's a rollercoaster ride from start to finish.
  27. Jul 20, 2012
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. HANDS DOWN. THE BEST MOVIE EVER! Incredibly brilliant end to the batman series. Stunning on Epic Proportions. That's Batman for you! Mind-blowing. Thank you Christopher Nolan and Batman. Truly Inspiring.
  28. Jul 23, 2012
    Unlike The avengers, Batman uses real stunts and real emotion rather than digital effects and flashy lights and green screens. The behind the scenes footage of the movie is mind-blowing, you can really tell they put a lot of hard work into this movie. It also helps that they wait 3-4 years between each movie to make sure they have a good story line.
  29. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight, in my own opinion, is the best movie ever made. Needless to say, Rises had a seemingly insurmountable legacy to live up to. I never expected Rises to top The Dark Knight, which is good, because it doesn't. This is a terrific film, but it fails to deliver on the level of either of its predecessors, my main qualms are with the dialogue and the casting of some of the newThe Dark Knight, in my own opinion, is the best movie ever made. Needless to say, Rises had a seemingly insurmountable legacy to live up to. I never expected Rises to top The Dark Knight, which is good, because it doesn't. This is a terrific film, but it fails to deliver on the level of either of its predecessors, my main qualms are with the dialogue and the casting of some of the new characters. Prime example, Matthew Modine as Deputy Commissioner Peter Foley, this guy just...fails, and it's not just him being a **** actor, it's the fact that his character was so pointless, so unnecessary to the story, and above all, a colossal dumbass (calling off the chase of Bane and co. to chase Batman), one of the many things I loved about Begins and Knight was that none of the cops were stupid to the point where they actually hindered the superhero, something I deplored in the Spiderman films, top that off with just one of Foley's ridiculous lines: "Then he's as dumb as he dresses" and he loses all credibility, to the point where his death brought about nothing but a "Thank God" from me. Moving on from that, the movie is too long, normally that's no issue for me, but this film is (sorry) comparable to the two Transformers sequels in that its length is not justified by its content, there's just so much unnecessary **** that that would've made it about at least a half hour shorter. The Dark Knight was a long movie, but not one second of that movie was wasted, which makes it ok. Bane's voice is too high pitched and seems much less menacing then it was in the first trailer (probably thanks to all the dipsh!ts who complained that they couldn't understand him...um? ARE YOU **** DEAF?) The overall story functions, but failed to draw me in to the extent of Begins or Knight, and...to be honest, Batman is a little silly. He appears twice during the first act of the film, and both times he pulls it off well (the fight between Bane and Batman at this act's pinnacle was rather good). He makes not one appearance in the second act because Bruce Wayne is busy having a psychological experience in a hole somewhere.The finally, on comes the third act, and Batman returns, in bright daylight, and despite the fact that every main character seems to know his identity by now, he still speaks with the HAZAFADABADANEEER voice, then comes the dialogue between Bane and Batman as they begin their rematch: Bane: Ah, I see you've come back to die with your city-Batman: No, I came back to stop you. O_o -_- >:( ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? *Mock applause" Bravo, Bravo. I know i've spent this entire time mentioning one flaw after another, but that's just because the film is so good that I felt the need to point out what flaws it did have. The conclusion is f*cking fantastic, the returning cast excels in their roles and the majority of the new blood (Tom Hardy, Joseph G-L, Marion Cotillard & Anne Hathaway in particular) bring true life to their characters. Overall, the worst of Nolan's trilogy, but still one of the best films ever made. Expand
  30. Jul 20, 2012
    Excellent well told movie. It raises the bar for comic movies away from bubble gum schtick to taught tense palpable tales. Yes Avengers was more fun, it was part comedy...this is a gripping dark tale of fighting for your beliefs and and what it is to be a hero. It's long at almost three hours though you may hardly notice! It flies by...
  31. Jul 20, 2012
    Poor TDKR. A lot of film nerds website are dissing this film; and also as of the time of writing of this review, the world mourns the death of 12 or so patrons who were killed in a premiere of TDKR in Colorado...TDKR starts up as a film with the most to lose from this incident. But the big question is: can TDKR fulfills the incredible expectations that surrounds it? No. Is is a greatPoor TDKR. A lot of film nerds website are dissing this film; and also as of the time of writing of this review, the world mourns the death of 12 or so patrons who were killed in a premiere of TDKR in Colorado...TDKR starts up as a film with the most to lose from this incident. But the big question is: can TDKR fulfills the incredible expectations that surrounds it? No. Is is a great super hero film? Yes. Not as great as TDK but better than Batman Begins. It is surprisingly the most 'comic book'-ish of the Nolan trilogy, with twists, revelations and storyline in line with its source material. Great cinematography and superb technical detail, great soundtrack (albeit a bit overbearing), and most important of all, some great action sequences. I dunno about you though, I feel that Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is the most accurate portrayal of the character ever filmed. Tom Hardy's Bane is not as interesting as the Joker (thanks to Ledger's supreme performance) but he is still a menacing villain. The biggest weakness: one of the plot point during the climax is a little bit too similar of a recent mega blockbuster of late. Nolan also creates too many characters and plot points: it lacks the efficiency and focus of his previous works such as Inception and yes, TDK itself. Worth seeing, but the TDK is still the best comic book film of all time. Lower your expectations a bit, film nerds!! Expand
  32. Jul 21, 2012
    A great film which was the culmination of a fantastic trilogy. The first half an hour or so was pretty slow but the pace quickened up towards the end.
  33. Jul 23, 2012
    This film is absolutely fantastic, and a great ending to one of the best trilogies that Hollywood has ever produced. Anne Hathaway gives a stunning performance as Catwoman, and Tom Hardy is truly menacing as the films villain, Bane. As ever, Michael Caine gives another classic performance, perfectly portraying Alfred Pennyworth. The plot is great, with twists and turns, and a veryThis film is absolutely fantastic, and a great ending to one of the best trilogies that Hollywood has ever produced. Anne Hathaway gives a stunning performance as Catwoman, and Tom Hardy is truly menacing as the films villain, Bane. As ever, Michael Caine gives another classic performance, perfectly portraying Alfred Pennyworth. The plot is great, with twists and turns, and a very unexpected ending. The script writing is excellent, and Banes voice belies his true nature. Overall, this easily one of the best films ever made, and I recommend it to everyone and anyone. Expand
  34. Jul 30, 2012
    Absolutely unbelievable as you will not be able to take your eyes off the screen especially whenever Bane appears. He is deliciously evil. This flick has a shot although a comic book action movie to be nominated for BEST PICTURE. Strong supporting cast that work very well together. Go see and enjoy.
  35. Jul 21, 2012
    If you go into this film thinking it will be the greatest film of all time, it will be the greatest film of all time. However if you go into it thinking nothing can beat Dark Knight, then whats the point of watching it? Dark Knight Rises is a Perfect film. Outstanding and immensely gripping, plot turns are mind blowing and acting throughout the trilogy, especially in the last film haveIf you go into this film thinking it will be the greatest film of all time, it will be the greatest film of all time. However if you go into it thinking nothing can beat Dark Knight, then whats the point of watching it? Dark Knight Rises is a Perfect film. Outstanding and immensely gripping, plot turns are mind blowing and acting throughout the trilogy, especially in the last film have been the best in any film made. Thank you Christopher Nolan, you've evoked tears, joy and awe. What a trilogy! Next we wait for Superman Expand
  36. BKM
    Jul 21, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his Dark Knight trilogy miraculously lives up to the hype that began following the phenomenal success of 2008's The Dark Knight. This time Batman squares off against Bane, a beefy tank of a villain intent on bringing Gotham to its knees. There's a lot going on in this movie; a plethora of characters to keep up with, eye popping visual effects, a myriadChristopher Nolan's conclusion to his Dark Knight trilogy miraculously lives up to the hype that began following the phenomenal success of 2008's The Dark Knight. This time Batman squares off against Bane, a beefy tank of a villain intent on bringing Gotham to its knees. There's a lot going on in this movie; a plethora of characters to keep up with, eye popping visual effects, a myriad of themes and emotions. Yet Nolan manages to blend them all together for one heck of a ride. The Dark Knight Rises is a summer blockbuster with brains, heart and ambition. It is also one of the best films of the year. Expand
  37. Jul 23, 2012
    the best the best the best movie on 2012 bec Director:
    Christopher Nolan waoo is good Director ! and he is have some good thing ! The best thing that Batman back to the path of the right !
  38. Aug 21, 2012
    Never wanted to cry more at the end of a movie. Amazing. Words cannot describe this movie. This movie gives reason to believe there is still hope for America.
  39. Aug 22, 2012
    Probably the best Batman ever! I love Batman so that is saying something. Bane is one of the best villains ever too. Seen it three times, getting ready for a fourth. So sick!!!
  40. Jul 23, 2012
    Nolan ends his Batman trilogy in spectacular. TDKR is on a much grander scale than before with much higher stakes. So it makes sense that this is the most action-heavy of the three. Above all else the movie is a definite crowd pleaser. It succeeds at being a blockbuster with a relentless pace and fantastic set pieces while also giving us characters with real depth and an engaging story.Nolan ends his Batman trilogy in spectacular. TDKR is on a much grander scale than before with much higher stakes. So it makes sense that this is the most action-heavy of the three. Above all else the movie is a definite crowd pleaser. It succeeds at being a blockbuster with a relentless pace and fantastic set pieces while also giving us characters with real depth and an engaging story. It may not match the bar set by The Dark Knight but it remains a more than fitting conclusion to the saga. Expand
  41. Jul 24, 2012
    A masterful conclusion to an amazing saga. By far it solidifies itself and the trilogy as one of the greatest Batman narratives. It's poignant, suspenseful, and scary. Bane is an amazing villain and Catwoman a compelling fem fatal. I could have used more Batman gadgetry and action, but the story is so thematically coherent and rich, that it was merely a realization at the end that I wantedA masterful conclusion to an amazing saga. By far it solidifies itself and the trilogy as one of the greatest Batman narratives. It's poignant, suspenseful, and scary. Bane is an amazing villain and Catwoman a compelling fem fatal. I could have used more Batman gadgetry and action, but the story is so thematically coherent and rich, that it was merely a realization at the end that I wanted not just more action, but more Batman. The acting is superb. Soundtrack perfect in the moment. And the conclusion... everything a Batman fan could want. Expand
  42. Jul 21, 2012
    TDKR is not only one of the best films of the year, but of the decade, and all time! Each of Nolan's Batman films has brought something new. This one brings pain, it shows the struggles that Bruce Wayne must overcome is he is to rise and become the dark knight once more. The movie doesn't just wow us with amazing stunts (which it will) but it also asks important questions of the audience.TDKR is not only one of the best films of the year, but of the decade, and all time! Each of Nolan's Batman films has brought something new. This one brings pain, it shows the struggles that Bruce Wayne must overcome is he is to rise and become the dark knight once more. The movie doesn't just wow us with amazing stunts (which it will) but it also asks important questions of the audience. It is a slick human drama with amazing action centered around that. It is a little more far fetched than the previous installments but is still firmly planted in the world we live in. With out question this is the most exciting movie of the summer, not one frame of film feels forced or out of place. It is superhero nirvana, and film perfection. Thanks to amazing performances from Bale who is haunting as Wayne, and Joseph Gordon Levitt who steals many of the scenes he's in. You'll not find a better movie in a long while...At least not until Nolan's NEXT film! :-) Expand
  43. Aug 10, 2012
    ths one of the wonderfull movies in this year and the actors are very good, in fact Anne Hathaway impressed me because she is very good in this movie i love her caracter and the end is fantastic
  44. Aug 27, 2012
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is an exciting, well-made, well-performed and well directed finale that Batman and Nolan fans will surely love this near flawless and worthy conclusion to the well loved franchise.
  45. Aug 14, 2012
    Nolan has made an absolute masterpiece on an epic scale. It may not be as good as the Dark Knight and doesn't have a performance like Ledgers, but it is far superior to every other movie out there.
  46. Jul 27, 2012
    Desde el inicio uno se queda maravillado por el personaje Bane, y creo que Nolan no pudo elegir mejor enemigo para cerrar la saga de la mejor manera. Una obra maravillosa de comienzo a fin que no tiene un segundo de desperdicio. Todos los actores cumplen con creces su rol y mas! Se transformara en un clásico del cine que nadie puede dejar de ver seas fan o no.
  47. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS :This movie is great I really enjoyed this movie you don't need joker you have bane tom hardy did an amazing job yeah I was really pissed you can barely understand bane but he was the prefect villain to test batman's strength ,agility and heart I was shocked that Miranda was actually Ra's al Ghu daughter but I was really confused when batman was supposedly dead and he was in the cafe with catwomen but I when I saw it again and noticed he got of the bat before it exploded with the bomb that bane was thinking of using to destroy Gotham I think their is going to be a robin movie because it finished with John Blake finding the bat cave so I don't know we will see Expand
  48. Jul 26, 2012
    did you know why this movie is awesome?? BECAUSE IS BATMAN!!!!
  49. Jul 21, 2012
    another master piece from the mind of nolan 2h 44 minutes of genius excitement at every corner but it has things that the dark doesn't have twists that's the reason why I gave it a grat score not as good on a cinematic level as dark knight but the shocks you get from the film are amazing best film of the year top avengers and prometheus
  50. Jul 21, 2012
    i havent given review to any movie but this is an excellent movie Spectacular end to a trilogy.Chris Nolan proved that he is one of the top direct'r.....
  51. Jul 21, 2012
    Nolan has crafted a spectacular finale to one of the best trilogies ever. Sure it doesn
  52. Jul 21, 2012
    Enorme película!! Sin duda es un gran cierre a la mejor trilogía jamás echa sobre superhéroes. Personalmente me pareció mejor "the dark knight" por eso mi nota real seria de 9 mejor dicho de 9'5...pero viendo las criticas injustificadas le daré un 10.
  53. Jul 21, 2012
    most awesome movie ever........................................................................10/10.
    please do watch it.........................................
  54. Jul 21, 2012
    I think, in my opinion it was the best movie I've ever seen. Incredible finish to an incredible trilogy, it added a layer of sophistication to comic book movies that has never been done before and will hopefully lead to a new generation of comic book movies. Congratulations Christopher & Co. Looking forward to seeing where Syncopy goes from here.
  55. Jul 21, 2012
    Not only was it even better than The Dark Knight, it was probably the best movie I have seen in my entire life. The story was gripping and tense, the characters were incredibly well acted (even the much doubted Anne Hathaway did an exceptional depiction of Selina Kyle) and the ending was just the most satisfying feeling after the movie had you on the edge of your seat throughout. The movieNot only was it even better than The Dark Knight, it was probably the best movie I have seen in my entire life. The story was gripping and tense, the characters were incredibly well acted (even the much doubted Anne Hathaway did an exceptional depiction of Selina Kyle) and the ending was just the most satisfying feeling after the movie had you on the edge of your seat throughout. The movie was 160 minutes, yet felt like it flew past with incredible speed.

I'm even going to go as far as to say Bane was an even better villain than Heath Ledger's Joker. He wasn't as well acted, but as a match up to Batman, he provided more of a challenge.

I've read a lot of reviews, and any of the negative ones are rubbish. Clearly done by people who have never paid attention to anything Batman related, apart from the movies and complained about the amount of new characters being introduced. Anyone who actually read Batman comics, watched animated movies and TV series or played the Arkham Asylum/City games will have known the new characters introduced, and the impact meant more to them within the story.
  56. Jul 21, 2012
    This is how you end a trilogy. Nolan, executes with almost sheer perfection. Are there areas where I felt it could have been done better? Yes. Can I still look past those and enjoy the epic saga as a whole? Definitely. This is not a typical superhero movie, while most people may find the storyline little hard to follow and convoluted, but those who know, loved the comics and theirThis is how you end a trilogy. Nolan, executes with almost sheer perfection. Are there areas where I felt it could have been done better? Yes. Can I still look past those and enjoy the epic saga as a whole? Definitely. This is not a typical superhero movie, while most people may find the storyline little hard to follow and convoluted, but those who know, loved the comics and their characters, can relate where Nolan tried to take this. It is a beautiful movie, and you feel attached to most of the characters and their personalities. Unlike in other superhero movies where everyone tries to be funny with stereotypical one-liners, all gung-ho and win it all at the end of the day, Dark Knight Rises and it predecessors were unique in the sense that it's not only about triumph over evil. It's more than that. It's more about loss, sacrifices, perseverance, consequences and failures that is associated with it.

Nolan, I would like to thank you for the gift that you have given us Batman fans. The gift that we can savor for many many years to come. I wish you'd continue to make more Bat movie because as of now you left most of us hungry for more.
  57. Jul 21, 2012
    epic. certainly these three batman movies form a whole, this being my favorite, definitely a perfect ending. as said another film critic batman trilogy does this child look around the marvel universe
  58. Jul 21, 2012
    This is truly the best movie of all time. The reason I say this is because it delivers the perfect ending and brilliant storyline to the most anticipated Batman movie of all time, and the most anticipated ending to a trilogy of all time. The opening scene/s are jaw dropping and is/are the perfect way to start the Dark Knight Rises. A top of the line cast, with terrific performances fromThis is truly the best movie of all time. The reason I say this is because it delivers the perfect ending and brilliant storyline to the most anticipated Batman movie of all time, and the most anticipated ending to a trilogy of all time. The opening scene/s are jaw dropping and is/are the perfect way to start the Dark Knight Rises. A top of the line cast, with terrific performances from each and every one of them. Christopher Nolan does a fantastic job of delivering a perfect plot that is deep yet perfectly poised and told. The visual effects as well as the overall climax and sheer power of each scene are second to none. Tom Hardy, Bane really is the ultimate villain, second only to Heath Ledger, The Joker. An incredible experience that keeps all of the true faithful Batman fans beyond happy, along with all other viewers happy and thrilled due to the great acting, plot, and execution. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises truly is an untouchable trilogy that tops the list among all the others. Christian Bale is Batman, and this film is without a doubt a masterpiece beyond the limits of what we all thought was achievable. The Dark Knight Rises is the ultimate experience. Expand
  59. Jul 22, 2012
    Christopher Nolan reinvents Batman in a powerful and much darker way. Batman Begins is a gripping and compelling origin of the hero. The Dark Knight is a lot more serious, realistic, and powerful Batman movie. The Dark Knight Rises is the last of the series. It is ought to be larger and better. It does succeed to be the biggest of the rest of the series. Although, it's not as as superiorChristopher Nolan reinvents Batman in a powerful and much darker way. Batman Begins is a gripping and compelling origin of the hero. The Dark Knight is a lot more serious, realistic, and powerful Batman movie. The Dark Knight Rises is the last of the series. It is ought to be larger and better. It does succeed to be the biggest of the rest of the series. Although, it's not as as superior as The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic and grand cinematic experience.

Every sequel gets bigger and bigger. The threats are getting worse and worse. The Dark Knight Rises is more than just big stuff. There is always suspense that keeps the movie exciting. The best thing about the action is it's not about being pretentiously cool, but it is made to give you anxiety to the fights of Batman between the enemy. Tom Hardy nailed it as Bane. He brings a lot of fear and menace to it. It's different to The Joker but Bane is an intriguing villain.

Most of the movie is the anarchy in Gotham and Bruce Wayne's suffering. There isn't much action fighting in those scenes. What matters here is how you can feel the danger of the characters. The chaotic turn of Gotham really looks bleak and grim that makes you think everybody is doomed. Compelling and heartbreaking emotions is always there.

Much credit goes to Christopher Nolan. Despite from its almost three hour run time, the film is well fast paced and completely entertaining. His action scenes are totally different to the action scenes of movies these days. He's focused to the thrills than looking cool. Some fistfights can be a little underwhelming, but he's best at the chase scenes. The CGI is obviously good and not excessive.

The Dark Knight Rises is a lot more daring than anyone would expect. It's one of those superhero movies that cares more to heroism than just action. The scale is large and it is so explosive. That is the usual formula of all blockbusters, but here, it uses it in a darker and suspenseful way. The Dark Knight Rises is just beyond your expectations. It's also a fitting end of this amazing trilogy. I still think The Dark Knight is the best of the three. That movie is something you can't compare to any other film. Even this and Batman Begins. But hey, The Dark Knight Rises is such an excellent grand experience.
  60. Sep 1, 2012
    This movie is awesome.Better than The Avengers and The Hunger Games.Too much action.It's incredible the action.I thought that there isn't a hope.But it has a hope.
  61. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises has everything. The dark, serious tone used throughout the trilogy, amazing acting performances, a great plot that supports its nearly 3 hour run-time, and enough explosions and awesome fight scenes to satisfy action junkies. It ends Christopher Nolan's perfect superhero trilogy, in a perfect and memorable way.
  62. Jul 27, 2012
    A sequel to "The Dark Knight" is a challenge by definition, since it's extremely difficult to surpass the film's incredible plot and majestic performances (especially Heath Ledger's). "The Dark Knight Rises" surprisingly manages to live up to its formidable predecessor with excellent visual and sound effects and new characters with a storyline that will leave the audience completelyA sequel to "The Dark Knight" is a challenge by definition, since it's extremely difficult to surpass the film's incredible plot and majestic performances (especially Heath Ledger's). "The Dark Knight Rises" surprisingly manages to live up to its formidable predecessor with excellent visual and sound effects and new characters with a storyline that will leave the audience completely thrilled and entertained. Expand
  63. Jul 27, 2012
    One word to describe this movie is EPIC. It completes The Dark Knight Trilogy perfectly, even though Bane is not as great as a character as the Joker, the character was still amazing. Highly recommended.
  64. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After seeing this movie the first time, it was almost surreal. I had been waiting so long for it and when it was finally over it was almost sad knowing that Nolan's really done making his interpretation of Batman. That being said, I will not be one of those people that compare it to The Dark Knight. This was a whole different movie in itself, as The Dark Knight was a completely different movie than Batman Begins. My only gripe after watching this movie was that the almost 3 hour runtime almost didn't seem like enough. There was a LOT of story told in a very brisk pace. This movie certainly warrants two views. After watching it the second time, I was really able to sit back and take in the plot points forming around all the characters. I found this movie emotionally gripping to a large degree. The first fight between Bane and Batman was so intense yet satisfying being that the first comic series I ever read was the Knightfall saga. My favorite scenes had to be Bruce escaping the well finally as well as well as the ending which was infinitely satisfying. The flashback to Gordon putting the coat around a young Bruce Wayne in the film's end was stirring to me. This movie was not Oscar worthy, but it is by far the best movie I have seen this year. Being that Batman has always been my favorite superhero, it is saddening to me that this trilogy is finally over due to the fact that I don't believe any director will ever explore the Bruce/Batman and is surrounding world so vividly and deep. Christopher Nolan has done such a great job emotionally investing the audience with these characters. I heard sniffles all around when Alfred was crying at Bruce Wayne's tombstone. All in all, this was just a fantastic movie. Expand
  65. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The one thing I will admit is that the film isn't as good as the dark knight, but other than that I really enjoyed it, the twists in the film were really entertaining and kept me wondering what the next step for the plot was, not one point in the film was I off the edge of my seat.
    Also I thought every actor gave a performance to be proud of with perfect timing and emotion.
    Nolan should be proud of this masterpiece, best film of 2012 so far.
  66. Jul 30, 2012
    Simply the best...better than all the rest!!! this movie right here had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire film..I was literally amazed at hw excellent The Dark Knight Rises is such an involving story of seeing our favorite hero rise..go see this as many times as u deem necessary lets all make this the biggest movie of all time!! i have already seen it twice and the 2nd time reallySimply the best...better than all the rest!!! this movie right here had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire film..I was literally amazed at hw excellent The Dark Knight Rises is such an involving story of seeing our favorite hero rise..go see this as many times as u deem necessary lets all make this the biggest movie of all time!! i have already seen it twice and the 2nd time really let me know..this is the best movie of any kind i have ever seen and nw iam ready for my third viewing in the IMAX .Christopher Nolan u are a genius Expand
  67. Jul 31, 2012
    Outstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. I alternately cried, laughed and gaped in awe at the ending of this movie. The only downside (if it can be considered that), is how long the movie is,Outstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. I alternately cried, laughed and gaped in awe at the ending of this movie. The only downside (if it can be considered that), is how long the movie is, but it's worth it for the content. Don't get up partway through for the bathroom, you don't want to miss a thing. Expand
  68. Jul 31, 2012
    This movie stands out as a great film, even with some plot holes and the bad guys in the film did have an absurd evil plan, but it does meshes well with the other two former movies to create a perfect trilogy.
  69. Aug 18, 2012
    A 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie. Bane made me shiver. Tom Hardy did an excellent job playing such an evil part. The twists were just as great. By far though, the star of the movie wasA 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie. Bane made me shiver. Tom Hardy did an excellent job playing such an evil part. The twists were just as great. By far though, the star of the movie was Anne Hathaway for her stunning performance as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She played the role like she has been that person her whole life. Absolutely stunning. My only complaint was that they didn't include Bane's backstory, but other than that, this film was a site to behold. Christian Bale did his finest work as the playboy billionaire turned hero Bruce Wayne/Batman. David S. Goyer wrote a fantastic story as well. The end of the movie was a total cliffhanger also. Everybody in the theater thought this may actually be the end, but turns out, it may not be the end. Here comes sequels... Christopher Nolan, you have done it again. Expand
  70. Dec 26, 2012
    How could people compare this to the Avengers? The Avengers was a kids movie with horribly bad writing, uninspired acting, and extremely convoluted action scenes. The Dark Knight Rises on the other hand did have inspired acting, a script that was above average for any action film, and was built around action that made sense, and was creative. The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect 10 out ofHow could people compare this to the Avengers? The Avengers was a kids movie with horribly bad writing, uninspired acting, and extremely convoluted action scenes. The Dark Knight Rises on the other hand did have inspired acting, a script that was above average for any action film, and was built around action that made sense, and was creative. The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect 10 out of 10 when compared to other films in the big, epic, action adventure genre. Add to this a story that ended the series perfectly, and I have to say that I was 100% satisfied by this film. The only reason that I am giving it a 9 instead of a 10 is because the script, as in all epic, action, adventure films, could have been better. Expand
  71. Jul 20, 2012
    Forget my last review...I gave the movie a 9...and it truly is a piece of art only Nolan can craft...and yhea, WAY better then Marvel's The Avengers!
  72. Aug 13, 2012
    If I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks toIf I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks to the Harvey Dent protocol established by Jim Gordon. However one man knows the secret about Dent, a terrorist by the name of Bane. Bane reveals the truth about Dent thereby setting free all of Gotham's prisoners. Batman must once again rise to the challenge and stop this madman calling for allies of the likes of Catwoman, Robin and his massive armoury that he has amassed over the year for a fight that will bring both you and Gotham City to its knees. Expand
  73. Jul 23, 2012
    The expectations for this movie were over the top, so it's pretty amazing that it actually lived up to the hype. I won't go over the top and say this is the greatest movie ever made, or even the best movie in the series. I'm not convinced this movie was better than the 2 that preceded it, but it's definitely on par with them, which is an accomplisment in itself. There's a lot going onThe expectations for this movie were over the top, so it's pretty amazing that it actually lived up to the hype. I won't go over the top and say this is the greatest movie ever made, or even the best movie in the series. I'm not convinced this movie was better than the 2 that preceded it, but it's definitely on par with them, which is an accomplisment in itself. There's a lot going on in the movie's nearly 3 hour running time (almost a little too much going on), but it flies by which goes to show how entertaining the movie is. All the new characters are great. Bane is a terrific villian, and the critics who claim he's just a brute with no emotion are idiots. He may not be as exciting as the Joker was, but who honestly expected Tom Hardy to top what Ledger did as the Joker? Bane is certainly more human than the Joker was, and it makes his character all the more thrilling for it. I was genuinely surprised at how great the Catwoman role was. Anne Hathaway seemed like a good choice for the role, but she did better than I expected. Aside from a few campy lines, she was a great addition to the series. Joseph Gordon Levitt was also great as the good guy cop Blake who works alongside Commisioner Gordon. The movie isn't perfect though. Some things were a little too predictable, so some of the "twists" late in the movie are expected. However, it's still a hell of a ride and it would you'd have to be cynical to not enjoy this movie. If this really is the end of this Batman series (and I doubt it will be), than The Dark Knight Rises is a very fitting conclusion to the best superhero trilogy of all time. Expand
  74. Jul 21, 2012
    A truly grand movie. Packed with explosion and thrill. Gripping till the very end, especially the last one hour. Also quite a thriller with twists and turns till the very end.
  75. Aug 8, 2012
    It was a pretty damn good movie, it had a very strong plot and story, the acting was very good, although I can imagine the actor who played Bane was having fun walking around not saying anything. I can't help but say though, that 'The Dark Knight' was much better than the 3rd installment, without the Joker, no Batman film will ever be the same.
  76. Jan 11, 2013
    I'm a huge Batman fan, I've watched every movie so far and I have to admit this is not only one of the best Batman movies (I say one of the best because Batman Forever is my favorite, agree or disagree I don't care it's my favorite) but it's also one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's action packed, has a great story, outstanding acting, and some awesome comic tie-ins. AnI'm a huge Batman fan, I've watched every movie so far and I have to admit this is not only one of the best Batman movies (I say one of the best because Batman Forever is my favorite, agree or disagree I don't care it's my favorite) but it's also one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's action packed, has a great story, outstanding acting, and some awesome comic tie-ins. An outstanding movie that I highly recommend watching. Expand
  77. Oct 8, 2012
    The acting, writing, drama, and action are of a caliber with Nolan's other great works (The Dark Knight notwithstanding). The only genuine problem with this film is that it had to succeed a true masterpiece in The Dark Knight. Hardy is excellent as a villain (though not quite as chilling and nihilistic as Ledger's Joker) and Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are both strong additions. Perhaps theThe acting, writing, drama, and action are of a caliber with Nolan's other great works (The Dark Knight notwithstanding). The only genuine problem with this film is that it had to succeed a true masterpiece in The Dark Knight. Hardy is excellent as a villain (though not quite as chilling and nihilistic as Ledger's Joker) and Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are both strong additions. Perhaps the weight of expectation led to some shortcomings but the final 30-40 minutes of the film are edge-of-your-seat compelling. The conclusion is so startlingly appropriate (read: vintage Nolan) fans should wonder why they thought the trilogy would end any other way. This film, and indeed the two which preceded it, is an absolute must-see. If not for the sake of great cinema, at least for the benefit of knowing how it all ends. Expand
  78. Nov 30, 2012
    Boo Ya what an epic movie and what phenomenal way to end the dark knight trilogy.The story kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole 164 minutes.The action sequences was done perfectly.The story line was epic,the acting for every actor and actresses was done extremely well.Christopher Nolan does a phenomenel job directing this film. Every Batman movie directed was phenomenal and noBoo Ya what an epic movie and what phenomenal way to end the dark knight trilogy.The story kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole 164 minutes.The action sequences was done perfectly.The story line was epic,the acting for every actor and actresses was done extremely well.Christopher Nolan does a phenomenel job directing this film. Every Batman movie directed was phenomenal and no wonder the films was a worldwide phenomenel.Unlike other films which had trilogy's and failed for example spider man 1,2 and 3 which truly sucked.But the dark knight trilogy's was the best epic and awesome.This time I did not read the other reviews posted by other users.Until I finished watching the film.And I'm glad to say I truly enjoyed this film.The dark knight rises is one of the best films I have ever seen. Expand
  79. Jul 20, 2012
    Insane film! But - nowhere near as good as Dark Knight. Sorry, and nostalgia out of the way, it's the truth. Also one thing I found this film was lacking was a sense of Gotham. The scale was so huge it just felt like Batman in New York/USA. And the very scene which was equally one of the best scenes of the whole film was the American Football scene. Why the boy sang the american nationalInsane film! But - nowhere near as good as Dark Knight. Sorry, and nostalgia out of the way, it's the truth. Also one thing I found this film was lacking was a sense of Gotham. The scale was so huge it just felt like Batman in New York/USA. And the very scene which was equally one of the best scenes of the whole film was the American Football scene. Why the boy sang the american national anthem in the fictional city is beyond me really. I know Gotham is meant to be an american city and all but it really took me out of the feeling that this is Gotham, the dark and dank, home of Batman. It made me feel - they've just filmed this in american cities posing as Gotham. THIS IS NOT GOTHAM. But apart from that - good film. Expand
  80. Jul 21, 2012
    Best batman movie by far. And for all of the victims I'm so sorry for the families. Ghhhgffffjggggjhfffhhggfgjgggggghhhhghhhhhhhhhhggg gucfzgdrggfddtuhf
  81. Dec 31, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the best film of 2012, and is one of the best movies of all time. I respect the people that hate on this movie, but i do believe that they are wrong. The entire cast from Bale to Hardy to Freeman to Cain all deserve Oscar consideration. Nolan should be nominated for best director if not win. Han Zimmer's score is one of the best of the past 20 years but he has outThe Dark Knight Rises is the best film of 2012, and is one of the best movies of all time. I respect the people that hate on this movie, but i do believe that they are wrong. The entire cast from Bale to Hardy to Freeman to Cain all deserve Oscar consideration. Nolan should be nominated for best director if not win. Han Zimmer's score is one of the best of the past 20 years but he has out done himself with the theme for Bane, i will say no more on this wonderful piece of music but please go check it out. The Dark Knight Rises is a masterful, wonderful, glorious piece of film-making.A+ Expand
  82. Nov 9, 2012
    They should have shown the experiment and surgery that Bane had in the movie to let the some viewers know who he was. But still, "The Dark Knight Rises" really rose up in the theater, and in the plot, the movie rose perfectly to the climax (where police was lining up to fight against the prisoners and the terrorists). And as usual, Christian Bale was great in the film.
  83. Dec 30, 2012
    Epic conclusion indeed. Nolan had a great start to the trilogy and now he has a great end to the trilogy. It was however a little bit less exciting than I thought but who gives it was still awesome. Tom Hardy gives the performance of his not so great career and Anne Hathway is by far the best Catwoman I've ever seen. Bane was probably one of the most interesting villians ever. Instead ofEpic conclusion indeed. Nolan had a great start to the trilogy and now he has a great end to the trilogy. It was however a little bit less exciting than I thought but who gives it was still awesome. Tom Hardy gives the performance of his not so great career and Anne Hathway is by far the best Catwoman I've ever seen. Bane was probably one of the most interesting villians ever. Instead of the all-time insane Joker who kills to but fear in people's hearts, Bane humilates everyone in Gotham including Batman. John Blake in the very end is a brief hero but finds his true fate outside of the police force. Now that the trilogy is over though, I have to wonder what Nolan will do now? Expand
  84. Nov 28, 2012
    Although it is not as cleanly compressed together as its ancestors, Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his - now pristine - Batman trilogy still remains a sweeping, emotional, and completely endearing master work of modern cinema.
  85. Dec 31, 2012
    I thought this movie ticked all the boxes and was the perfect end to Christopher Nolans batman trilogy. The movie was action packed and had everyone on the edge of their seats at the end. The movie contained a great cast with Christian bale, Michael Caine, Morgan freeman, Anne Hathaway and Tom hardy. The only thing that I didn't understand was the ending and batman surviving the nuclearI thought this movie ticked all the boxes and was the perfect end to Christopher Nolans batman trilogy. The movie was action packed and had everyone on the edge of their seats at the end. The movie contained a great cast with Christian bale, Michael Caine, Morgan freeman, Anne Hathaway and Tom hardy. The only thing that I didn't understand was the ending and batman surviving the nuclear bomb. Some guy I thought. Maybe even robin( Blake) could have been introduced earlier. But to me this movie and the rest of the trilogy are and will be some of the greatest movies ever created. Expand
  86. Jan 10, 2013
    A brilliant end to one of the best trilogies ever made. Nolan took Gotham to places were no one was expecting. Chris Nolan proved once again what he is capable of with this great film.
  87. Jan 19, 2013
    The best movie of the year in my opinion. It really raps a bow around the Nolan batman trilogy. Sure there are some plot holes, but i think this movie has been negatively received by some people because of the Colorado shooting.
  88. Aug 29, 2013
    This movie is perfect in every single conceivable way. When people say that bane's voice is impossible to understand probably cover their ears singing one direction songs.
  89. Mar 14, 2013
    The final installment in the best superhero movie franchise of all time is equal to its predecessors. The additions of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman are great and Michael Caine continues tobe the standout performance.
  90. Apr 15, 2013
    the dark knight rises is an amazing movie and is a worthy sequel to the dark knight and in my opinion is even better than the dark knight, a masterpiece in the true sense of the word, a solid performance by all actors specially tom hardy, i am a long time batman fan and it was a sad moment for me to see the legend end the trilogy as a whole is the best trilogy ever imho, the final actthe dark knight rises is an amazing movie and is a worthy sequel to the dark knight and in my opinion is even better than the dark knight, a masterpiece in the true sense of the word, a solid performance by all actors specially tom hardy, i am a long time batman fan and it was a sad moment for me to see the legend end the trilogy as a whole is the best trilogy ever imho, the final act was just so symbolic and brilliant Expand
  91. Jul 4, 2013
    A cinematic triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring and extremely satisfying as far as Nolan's Batman trilogy goes. It conquers all the doubts about this movie, its beautifully executed, very well written, impressively acted out, wonderfully shot and just downright good. DAMN ITS GOOD! It's the right way to end an epic trilogy. The antagonist was menacing and the movie cameA cinematic triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring and extremely satisfying as far as Nolan's Batman trilogy goes. It conquers all the doubts about this movie, its beautifully executed, very well written, impressively acted out, wonderfully shot and just downright good. DAMN ITS GOOD! It's the right way to end an epic trilogy. The antagonist was menacing and the movie came with a very well played out plot twist. The movie is just perfect, its without flaw, if there was one thing I could change about the movie, well........................there isn't anything I would change about this movie. And the acting! DUDE, THE ACTING!!!! Its just amazing, as always, Christian Bale kills it as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman! Need I say more? Go watch this movie, NOW!!! Expand
  92. Jun 18, 2013
    While there is some comic inaccuracies more notable in this film than the first two. DKR is an amazing conclusion to the best Batman films yet. Tom Hardy is outstanding as Bane, Gary Oldman is outstanding as Gordon, but it's Anne Hathaway who steals the show with a legendary performance as Catwoman.
  93. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie is very intense and very amazing. This is the best batman movie ever and the action was so great and successful. Making bane the villain in this movie was a perfect choice since he's one of batman's darkest villains. This movie is exciting every time i watch it no matter what.
  94. Oct 27, 2013
    this is undoubtely the best super heroe movie ever made so far,it don´t have a markable acting as heath ledger but still have an amazing story and great characters.
  95. Apr 30, 2014
    This is not as good as The Dark Knight as many movie goers can agree with me. The running time may seem extremely long (2:45) but you wish that it was just a little longer. I own The Dark Knight Trilogy all on blu ray and it annoys me how the IMAX switches on and off during action scenes. That is probably the biggest complaint I have with this movie. This is the largest in scale which is aThis is not as good as The Dark Knight as many movie goers can agree with me. The running time may seem extremely long (2:45) but you wish that it was just a little longer. I own The Dark Knight Trilogy all on blu ray and it annoys me how the IMAX switches on and off during action scenes. That is probably the biggest complaint I have with this movie. This is the largest in scale which is a better setup than the last two movies. This is a great movie for any Batman fan. Expand
  96. May 4, 2014
    The Dark Knight Trilogy makes it to the finish line, bucking the system of many superhero trilogies, along with a couple of high-profiled ones as well.
  97. May 3, 2014
    The Dark Knight Rises was one of the few successfull trilogies to have all three parts being enjoyable. While this sequel doesnt quite match the previous its still a fun ride and a great film. yes it has problems alot. but the overall effect and what the movie does right heavily outweighs the wrong. It is a great conclusion to the trilogy.

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.