8.4

1. Aug 29, 2012
    The best of the current Batman trilogy! Great story and acting. Good cast too! This film takes you much deeper than the previous two and also keeps you guessing throughout it. Has a great ending and keeps the doors open.
  2. Sep 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What impressed me the most about The Dark Knight (yes, I mean the previous film) was that it brought some very deep ideas into play, namely morality, but also chaos, motive, madness, monstrosity, and resilience. All are absolutely brilliant in the film. And so, The Dark Knight Rises falls (haha) a little short to me, because it is mainly just a story. I will concede that the film very effectively addresses the fall of an icon and its subsequent return, the heavy toll paid by a hero and his loved ones, and, most of all, faith. All of these elements of the film are exceptionally well done. Christopher Nolan has not yet lost his power to guide, appal, and uplift an audience.

But it is, after all, mainly just a story. It feels like a long 2 hours and 44 minutes, winding through layers of plot to reach an inevitable conclusion. It is a very good story, of course, but it feels as though, in his haste to get it all out, Nolan overlooked the important details. He forgot his strong characters, already thoroughly developed by the previous two films, but falling short here. He forgot the brilliant, anarchic pulse that drives The Dark Knight to make it one of the most captivating films ever. And he welcomed Hollywood. He welcomed meaningless action and cheesy one-liners, while tossing aside the realism that made the first two films so unique as superhero flicks.

The film begins, as The Dark Knight also did, by introducing its villain. Bane's reputation is very quickly established by nothing more than a few comments and glances, which is incredibly efficient. However, Bane's entrance in TDKR does not wholly compare to the Joker's in TDK. The skillful mastermind that is Bane is not truly made evident to me until later in the film. While Hardy's performance in this scene, and the rest of the film, is great, the series of events just do not stack up to the Joker's brilliant (and totally original) bank robbery. The opening scene in TDKR gives me enough a sense of how terrifying Bane is, but it does not adequately display his genius.

As the film moves on from Bane, it introduces quite a few brand new characters, most notably Miranda Tate, John Blake, Selina Kyle, and Deputy Commissioner Foley. This is too many new characters. Of these, only Selina Kyle is sufficiently developed, with Blake a close second, though I feel he could have used a lot more development. These characters end up using a lot of screen time for the sole purpose of plot advancement. They steal the screen from Batman, Alfred, and Bane, and they do not accomplish a whole lot in return.

But let's talk about some good stuff. In this film, we see Bruce Wayne brought all the way down from his high point in The Dark Knight. He is completely broken from the start. We get the sense that he wants to face Bane just so he can end his own misery, and the thought tears Alfred to pieces. We also see Bruce broken even further from this point, which is disheartening, until he finally rises from it all the splendid hero that he deserves to be. The ups and downs are very powerful. There is a broad theme of faith throughout the film:

The common man has faith that the Batman will rise again in a time of dire need. The children of Gotham have heard legends, and their world has darkened since his departure, so they long to see him return. John Blake draws a chalk bat wherever he goes. He's tyring to keep the idea alive - after all, Batman is not a man but an idea, as we have been told time and time again since Batman Begins.

Alfred sees his own faith torn to pieces - faith that he once held in both himself and Bruce, and the power of an ideal. This is the most powerful part of the movie, emotionally. Michael Caine's performance is amazing; he is so, so heartbroken. He considers it a personal failure to have Bruce feeling so alone and miserable.

And Bruce Wayne, once so confident in his symbol and his gadgets, finds himself utterly broken and shackled by fear, the very thing that he taught himself to manipulate in Batman Begins. He has truly come full circle, defeated by his own alter ego.

But despite Bruce Wayne's defeat, it seems that the symbol itself is eternal. This movie, continuing the tradition of the previous two, exercises the idea that a hero can be anyone. That Batman is not the man, but the mask. I think it's a powerful idea, and the film executes it well. In fact, Christian Bale does not even have a lot of screen time (this is both good and bad, but good for now). The movie has quite a few unsung heroes.

For a much more lengthy and in-depth review, see my blog at kofdrops.blogspot.com.
  3. Jan 11, 2013
    How can I describe this movie batman the dark knight rises well with one simple word EPIC everything about the movie is great. I love the cast and how. it didn't change from the other batman movies I also like the new cast members such as cat women ( Anne Hathaway ) defiantly a great way to end the batman trilogy great work Nolan
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is an immensely satisfying conclusion to The Dark Knight trilogy although it doesn't really match up to the heights of its predecessor.
  5. May 23, 2014
    This movie is every bit as pretentious, dull and comically serious as The Dark Knight. Only it's a lot dumber and has dialogue so bad, even some 5th graders could write better. It boggles my mind that some people call this movie "cerebral". If you had to actually think to understand something in this movie, your IQ is probably not very high. Try not to overload your brain with this amazingThis movie is every bit as pretentious, dull and comically serious as The Dark Knight. Only it's a lot dumber and has dialogue so bad, even some 5th graders could write better. It boggles my mind that some people call this movie "cerebral". If you had to actually think to understand something in this movie, your IQ is probably not very high. Try not to overload your brain with this amazing masterpiece of complex screenwriting. Expand
  6. Jul 29, 2012
    This movie was awsome. i enjoyed every moment. its roller coster of excitement and the movie theater was full. I really hope to see more of the saga and i would be watching it.
  7. BKM
    Jul 21, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his Dark Knight trilogy miraculously lives up to the hype that began following the phenomenal success of 2008's The Dark Knight. This time Batman squares off against Bane, a beefy tank of a villain intent on bringing Gotham to its knees. There's a lot going on in this movie; a plethora of characters to keep up with, eye popping visual effects, a myriadChristopher Nolan's conclusion to his Dark Knight trilogy miraculously lives up to the hype that began following the phenomenal success of 2008's The Dark Knight. This time Batman squares off against Bane, a beefy tank of a villain intent on bringing Gotham to its knees. There's a lot going on in this movie; a plethora of characters to keep up with, eye popping visual effects, a myriad of themes and emotions. Yet Nolan manages to blend them all together for one heck of a ride. The Dark Knight Rises is a summer blockbuster with brains, heart and ambition. It is also one of the best films of the year. Expand
  8. Jul 28, 2012
    Its hard to give a 10 because of its given representation of perfection, and The Dark Knight Rises is not perfect. Its starts slow and it may find itself a little tricky to understand at some points given its wide resemblance to the first movie, but the truth is that this movie when it ends leaves an impression. The impression of a work of class. Thats what ultimately enables such a score,Its hard to give a 10 because of its given representation of perfection, and The Dark Knight Rises is not perfect. Its starts slow and it may find itself a little tricky to understand at some points given its wide resemblance to the first movie, but the truth is that this movie when it ends leaves an impression. The impression of a work of class. Thats what ultimately enables such a score, because for me it is not about the perfection, but the experience, and the experience was awesome. The story concludes the trilogy in a very satisfactory and emotionally way, the characters and the actors portraying them are incredible, the music and special effects are spectacular. Nolan had already conceived an amazing villain with The Joker with the unforgettable performance of Heath Ledger, but Bane, Bane is the representation of evil and surely is the most brutal villain Batman has ever encountered. Overall, this movie is a work of mastery, one that would not be forget in years, pretty much like most of the director's work. Expand
  9. Jul 10, 2013
    The conclusion to the great comic-book franchise is a memorable one. Although it did sums up some of the background story from previous Batman movies, there were some boring moments. Batman will always be an epic icon to the comic-book world among other heroes. The music on the other hand by Hans Zimmer are his best ones so far.
  10. Dec 9, 2012
    I tried really hard to enjoy this movie but it just made no sense to me. Even though it was almost three hours long, I found that each scene was so gawdy and finely cut together that I could barely follow what was going on. Instead of meaningful dialogue it seemed to be one overconfident cliche after another. I can't really say I'm a huge fan of superhero or comic book stories but I doI tried really hard to enjoy this movie but it just made no sense to me. Even though it was almost three hours long, I found that each scene was so gawdy and finely cut together that I could barely follow what was going on. Instead of meaningful dialogue it seemed to be one overconfident cliche after another. I can't really say I'm a huge fan of superhero or comic book stories but I do enjoy well written science fiction. Sadly, this is not. The writers should have taken a little more time to make sure and not offend intelligent viewers with such ridiculous moments as "oh my vertebrae is sticking out of my back, can you kick it back in for me?" - let's get real. If you want us to have sympathy and genuine concern for the heroes, they have to first be human. Expand
  11. Jul 22, 2012
    Nolan ties it all together. This movie does not stand alone, it requires the other two. He makes great use of the Batman universe and takes the legend down roads both expected and unexpected. There were moments were I couldn't pick up what Bane or Batman were saying, but these weren't as bad as the critics harped on. Catwoman (never uses that name) was actually essential and not just aNolan ties it all together. This movie does not stand alone, it requires the other two. He makes great use of the Batman universe and takes the legend down roads both expected and unexpected. There were moments were I couldn't pick up what Bane or Batman were saying, but these weren't as bad as the critics harped on. Catwoman (never uses that name) was actually essential and not just a distraction. They obviously tried to tie together all the various incarnations of Selina Kyle and boil it down to one bad mama. Loved the ending. The only thing missing was some sort of dedication to the late, great Heath Ledger. Expand
  12. Jul 23, 2012
    the best the best the best movie on 2012 bec Director:
    Christopher Nolan waoo is good Director ! and he is have some good thing ! The best thing that Batman back to the path of the right !
  13. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is unfortunately another not-so-strong end to a great series. It will hang among other threequels such as Back to the Future 3 and Spiderman 3 as disappointing, but not wholly bad. It is a bit unfair to compare to The Dark Knight, which is easily his best film to-date. For positives, the film has great performances from most of its cast like Christian Bale, MichaelThe Dark Knight Rises is unfortunately another not-so-strong end to a great series. It will hang among other threequels such as Back to the Future 3 and Spiderman 3 as disappointing, but not wholly bad. It is a bit unfair to compare to The Dark Knight, which is easily his best film to-date. For positives, the film has great performances from most of its cast like Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and (for the first act) Anne Hathaway. There are a couple great action set-pieces as well as some well-shot action sequences. However, I'm very disappointed with how the story and writing was handled. It feels like Nolan was rushed to get a script out to Warner Bros. without getting a chance to polish it. The story feels unfinished (or at the very least, muddled) and many of the new characters don't get fleshed out enough to develop a personality. Anne Hathaway really grabbed my attention for the first 40 minutes or so, but after that she just wasn't given anything important to do. I, personally, thought Bane's voice was silly-sounding. I can't help it, it sounds like a drive-thru speaker!

I was really surprised to see that there was so much CG effects in this film. Nolan has been so dedicated to keeping it real, something which I loved in the last two movies, what with the miniatures, and the real explosions, and the flipping a truck and the like. This time around, a gigantic amount of computer effects have found their way onto the screen,which bugged me.

There were several scenes that broke my suspension of disbelief (which would go into spoiler territory) and I felt the music was definitely the weakest in the trilogy.

It's a good movie, if not a bit unmemorable, that I had a lot of problems with.
  14. Aug 11, 2012
    Seen it before. The Dark Knight series are by far the best of the genre but are getting tired. The plot felt contrived and even the shocking twists weren't much of a surprise. That said even though no one was surprised by the ending it left me looking forward to the next installment.
    The Occupy Wall Street themes are present but only the political witch hunters will cheer them. It won't change the minds of the disgruntled hippie types.
  15. Jul 21, 2012
    Amazing! Fantastic! A movie you gotta see in the theatures, (preferably in IMAX!!!!) I saw it yesterday afternoon and I still can't get over how good of a film it is! Easily the best film of year. Don't listen to that crack pot, (Roger Ebert.) To give this movie a 75 in his review and to give Prometheus a 100, tells me has lost his way and has become old and lost his ability to be aAmazing! Fantastic! A movie you gotta see in the theatures, (preferably in IMAX!!!!) I saw it yesterday afternoon and I still can't get over how good of a film it is! Easily the best film of year. Don't listen to that crack pot, (Roger Ebert.) To give this movie a 75 in his review and to give Prometheus a 100, tells me has lost his way and has become old and lost his ability to be a movie critic in this genration of films! Expand
  16. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break toThe Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break to let new information sink in, but that's really just me nitpicking. I'm not going to go over the plot because honestly we all know what the plot is at this point.The charcters have never been better and Tom Hardy is phenomenal as Bane. Bane is the most intimidating character in the series by far and Hardy coveys with a spectacular performance driven by body language and a little too much going on behind the eyes. This movie cements the trilogy as more of a character study than anything else with Bruce Wayne/ Batman at the center. The only thing you should know is that The Dark Knight Rises is well worth your time and money, is an absolute triumph, and is the best movie of 2012 so far. This is best farewell cinema has ever seen and needs to be recognized as such. Expand
  17. Jul 23, 2012
    This was the least enjoyable of the trilogy. It all starts with Baine. He is a villian that need to be in a slasher film not a comic book film. He is too grim with no personality that you desire to have much film time. The Joker was a villian where you desired a lot of film time. One of my criticisms of the last film was that the lack of one on one time with Batman and the Joker. Too muchThis was the least enjoyable of the trilogy. It all starts with Baine. He is a villian that need to be in a slasher film not a comic book film. He is too grim with no personality that you desire to have much film time. The Joker was a villian where you desired a lot of film time. One of my criticisms of the last film was that the lack of one on one time with Batman and the Joker. Too much of the action takes place in daylight or in grim settings. What happened to the extravagence of the world of Bruce Wayne? That is replaced by the sewer? One was always looking forward to the next scene in the other two movies but not here. One was also disappointed by the lack of freshness. The batmobile and the batcopter seemed worn out. The series seemed worn out. Nolan gets great credit for the trilogy but he runs out of gas here. This was a blue collar Batman. Expand
  18. Jul 30, 2012
    The final film featuring the latest Batman incarnation (Christian Bale) picks up a few years after the second one. Bruce Wayne, who took the blame to protect his beloved Gotham, is living a secluded life. It takes a new villain to stir his Batspiration. Unfortunately, too many divergent plots keep him at bay and he spends too little time in his cape. There's way too much talk, much of itThe final film featuring the latest Batman incarnation (Christian Bale) picks up a few years after the second one. Bruce Wayne, who took the blame to protect his beloved Gotham, is living a secluded life. It takes a new villain to stir his Batspiration. Unfortunately, too many divergent plots keep him at bay and he spends too little time in his cape. There's way too much talk, much of it pretentious and philosophical. Some of the set pieces are big-budget impressive, but much of the action is mundane. Even though he looked ferocious (and over-pumped), Tom Hardy's Bane is hard to understand literally and figuratively. The only performances of any note: Anne Hathaway's sexy Catwoman and Michael Caine's teary emotional appeals. At 2:45, this film is simply too long and too chatty. Expand
  19. Jul 25, 2012
    An epic film that, for me, did not feel overly long dispute the sizeable 165 minute running time. Performances were string by everybody and I would like to single out Anne Hathaway for being utterly convincing and charming throughout. I have given the film 9 because I never hand out 10's. The problems with this film a purely superficial and if you get annoyed by them then you reallyAn epic film that, for me, did not feel overly long dispute the sizeable 165 minute running time. Performances were string by everybody and I would like to single out Anne Hathaway for being utterly convincing and charming throughout. I have given the film 9 because I never hand out 10's. The problems with this film a purely superficial and if you get annoyed by them then you really shouldn't be watching a film like this anyway. Expand
  20. Jul 25, 2012
    A great end to a great trilogy. Tom Hardy is fantastic as Bane, and Christian Bale gives his best performance yet, as does Michael Caine as Alfred. Though it takes a while to get off and running, and comes close (at times) to getting weighed down by the numerous new characters, the final 45 minutes of the movie are phenomenal; the highest point in the trilogy.
  21. Aug 21, 2012
    Never wanted to cry more at the end of a movie. Amazing. Words cannot describe this movie. This movie gives reason to believe there is still hope for America.
  22. Jul 29, 2012
    This was a great movie in its own right, Christopher Nolan did a splendid work, a satisfying conclussion to already amazing trilogy, with a clossure, heart warming and exciting epilogue. This film trilogy can proudly stand beside trilogical film masterpieces, such as the original "Star Wars".
    Even though the TDKR isn't as deep or engaging as the The Dark Knight, it doesn't have to. Bane was a great antagonist in this film, a close portray of the comics, with his own unique twists. He looks threatining, but his voice and ofcourse actions shows a distinct intelligence, which makes him so much more dangerous. I highly recommend you to watch both Batman Begins and TDK before going into the theater, because the story in the third movie is closely tied with the events of previous films. Anyway, Bane's Gotham reckoning is here, get ready yourselves for a wild ride. Best movie of this summer, and of the best this year. 9/10
  23. Jul 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dark Knight was the best superhero movie ever. The Dark Knight Rises is terrible and following Dark Knight makes it even worse. Vaguely ugly Ann Hathaway could have sunk it by herself, her character and acting are torture. The movie is long and boring and super predictable. The bad guy bane is the only interesting character until he is turned into a cliche bad guy half way through. A huge fall off from the first two of this three movie series, by far the worst. Not even worth watching in hindsight, save yourself the torture. Expand
  24. Jul 21, 2012
    '' The Dark Knight Rises '' is a satisfying end to this amazing trilogy. There are so many good things about this movie, that it's almost flawless. It had good acting, great story, character development, everything. In my opinion, I think that '' The Dark Knight '' was a little bit better, maybe because of the Joker, but whatever. Anyway, it's so rare to see a trilogy so great, without one'' The Dark Knight Rises '' is a satisfying end to this amazing trilogy. There are so many good things about this movie, that it's almost flawless. It had good acting, great story, character development, everything. In my opinion, I think that '' The Dark Knight '' was a little bit better, maybe because of the Joker, but whatever. Anyway, it's so rare to see a trilogy so great, without one bad movie. Thank you Christopher Nolan for remaking and saving the Batman movies (we all remember the terrible '' Batman and Robin '' (1997)). People shouldn't really compare it with '' The Avengers '', because there are both great superhero movies. '' The Avengers '' had better action, '' The Dark Knight Rises '' had a more interesting story, that's all I'm saying . The only bad aspect I can think of this movie is that some moments were long and a little bit boring, but otherwise it's enjoyable. It definitely lives up to the hype. When the film finished, the audience applauded. Expand
  25. Aug 22, 2012
    Probably the best Batman ever! I love Batman so that is saying something. Bane is one of the best villains ever too. Seen it three times, getting ready for a fourth. So sick!!!
  26. Aug 1, 2012
    Visually stunning, tremendous soundtrack, acceptable performances that caught my attention most was Anne Hathaway, which is strong for the awards this year. that was what it seemed I was: Beine tremendous villain until the end when the bad boom is over and where it was Beine? only as a mere pawn, gruesome end. and wait! Batman died? wtf! but regardless of these details the movie was veryVisually stunning, tremendous soundtrack, acceptable performances that caught my attention most was Anne Hathaway, which is strong for the awards this year. that was what it seemed I was: Beine tremendous villain until the end when the bad boom is over and where it was Beine? only as a mere pawn, gruesome end. and wait! Batman died? wtf! but regardless of these details the movie was very good but never as The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger's Joker will go down in history. Expand
  27. Dec 6, 2012
    Every scene in this movie looks and feels awkward.The characters are lifeless, bloodless - and what exactly is the plot ? There is not an ounce of humor in the entire movie. The villain and his ridiculous mask, Christian Bale again as a complete miscast, Anne Hathaway's awful acting, Michael Caine's annoying accent, all that makes for an experience you want to forget about.
  28. Jul 24, 2012
    TDKR is not as great as some people think it is. Nontheless it wasnt bad, but still not great .. or epic for that matter. We get a whole lot of Bruce Wayne, but not much of actual Batman. Also I wasnt very impressed about the fight scenes where Batman takes on the main villian. It just felt like a "bar brawl". Plot was very predictable, with plot holes and occasionally unconvincing acting.
  29. Jul 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing less than a great film. The Dark Knight Rises, in my humble opinion, is the best of the three when it comes to sound and visuals. The first scene was so intense, it had everyone in the theatre I was in silent. Just to point out, when people of all ages, gender, and conflicting social groups get together and stay silent out of sheer mesmerization and awestruck, you should get the hint that movie truly reached its most potent form of entertainment. Now, as many people have written, the Dark Knight Rises falls a little short from its predecessor and it's not because of the villian because Tom Hardy's Bane was actually a character I feared more than Heath Leder's Joker. With all due respect, I found the villain in this movie much more intimidating and just overall better. The thing is, one can't compare apples to oranges and I'm sure Heath Ledger's Joker was supposed to represent something else. But when it comes to villians, I find the ones that are dead serious, and intimidating to be ones that spark the most enjoyment and that's why I easily thought this movie was much better. The reason I rated this a nine was because it stole a lot of the Dark Knight's script. When Bane was interrogated by Batman, it just didn't feel as awesome as the Dark Knight's interrogation scene with the Joker. Christian Bale, I guess, wasn't as efficient as he was in the previous movie. Nolan, however, did a fine job with directing the film and really showing his audience, despite having tons of pressure by Batman fanatics, that he can finish with a bang. And that's exactly what this film accomplishes, a bang. Some of the characters were akward at first and as the film carries on you instantly fall in love with the risks Nolan took. I believe most of the story telling was actually very good as it had many comic book references. Although some parts might disappoint the hardcore Batman fans such as Alfred's wimpy character role in TDKR, and Robin's inception, but for those who wouldn't mind those outtakes the film is really the best that can be done. Anway, kudos to the creators of this masterpiece and it has easily won my vote of the best movie so far this year. Expand
  30. Nov 17, 2012
    I've spent years waiting for the third film in the Dark Knight trilogy to open, and then spent 2 and a half hours waiting for it to end. Sluggish, laborious and predictable, Nolan's third Batman film is a decent film but an extreme disservice to the stellar franchise he started.
  31. Jul 23, 2012
    Its these kinds of movies that make me happy for forcing my friends to spend 20$+ to come to watch a movie. I literally almost cried at how great some of the scenes were you can call me a fan boy but can you really blame me. I mean sure the citizens of Gotham rising so readily to bane and fighting for him, and Bane isnt really as good a villian as the joker but the full scale attack onIts these kinds of movies that make me happy for forcing my friends to spend 20$+ to come to watch a movie. I literally almost cried at how great some of the scenes were you can call me a fan boy but can you really blame me. I mean sure the citizens of Gotham rising so readily to bane and fighting for him, and Bane isnt really as good a villian as the joker but the full scale attack on gotham is really an awe to see. Not quite as good as the the dark knight but it makes a good case. Expand
  32. Aug 1, 2012
    Stvarno spektakularan film. Ovo je ultimativni batman film i najbolji superherojski film svih vremena. Akcija, dijalozi, likovi(pogotovu Batman, Bane i Catwoman) su fantasticno prikazani. Film traje 2 i po sata i niujednom trenutku nije bilo dosadnih elemenata, prica je tako dobra da te drzi prikovanim za ekranom od prve do zadnje sekunde. Christopher Nolan je odradio sjajan posao ovimStvarno spektakularan film. Ovo je ultimativni batman film i najbolji superherojski film svih vremena. Akcija, dijalozi, likovi(pogotovu Batman, Bane i Catwoman) su fantasticno prikazani. Film traje 2 i po sata i niujednom trenutku nije bilo dosadnih elemenata, prica je tako dobra da te drzi prikovanim za ekranom od prve do zadnje sekunde. Christopher Nolan je odradio sjajan posao ovim zadnjim dijelom odnosno citavom trilogijom.
    P.S. Preporuka je prije ovog filma odgledati Batman Begins, posto je puno elemenata iz tog filma i u ovom.
  33. Jul 22, 2012
    Seen The Dark Knight Rises (TDKR) and I'll just come out with it.... Didn't think it was as good as The Dark Knight (TDK). It has built on TDK but the level of jump from 1 to 2 just couldn't be matched in the jump from 2 to 3. You can't improve perfection is all I'm saying. Also Heath Ledgers Joker was so good that no actor could come close to stealing the entire movie in TDKR. However itsSeen The Dark Knight Rises (TDKR) and I'll just come out with it.... Didn't think it was as good as The Dark Knight (TDK). It has built on TDK but the level of jump from 1 to 2 just couldn't be matched in the jump from 2 to 3. You can't improve perfection is all I'm saying. Also Heath Ledgers Joker was so good that no actor could come close to stealing the entire movie in TDKR. However its still brilliant, its just that TDK was brilliantly brilliant! Bane is just not The Joker. However in the Batman V Bane fights he is better as you actually fear for the caped crusader. Catwoman is a great new character. The scope of TDKR is also bigger with elements of faith, idealism, social revolution. Were TDKR actually beats TDK is emotion, the Bruce Wayne and Alfred scenes are great and if the ending doesn't give you goosebumps you don't deserve to be alive! Expand
  34. Sep 17, 2012
    Just to answer the glaring question, no, it doesn't measure up to the intelligence of "The Dark Knight". However, it comes close with pure cinematic spectacle and visual style. A near perfect summation to a brilliant trilogy.
  35. Jul 21, 2012
    Easily the most epic and awe-inspiring of the trilogy, although it does not quite reach the tormented depth of its predecessor. It is one of the most fulfilling ending to a saga that I have ever seen, and as a whole the trilogy will likely go down in history as the greatest comic book interpretation of all time.
  36. Aug 8, 2012
    Not as good as the first batman, much less the second Batman it is a testament to Nolan that this film is so highly criticized but would be still the best Batman film in existence if the other two didn't exist (and yes, I've seen almost every Batman film in existence, including animated ones). A great satisfactory conclusion to the trilogy and a fitting sendoff.
  37. Jul 28, 2012
    Superheroes are usually infallible, except for whatever their one weakness is. What I mean is that after a knock down, drag-out end of the world fight, they are able to get up, wipe the dirt off their shoulder, and walk away without any visible scars. Batman is not superhuman though, he relies on technology and a therapist's dream amount of anger. It has been eight years since theSuperheroes are usually infallible, except for whatever their one weakness is. What I mean is that after a knock down, drag-out end of the world fight, they are able to get up, wipe the dirt off their shoulder, and walk away without any visible scars. Batman is not superhuman though, he relies on technology and a therapist's dream amount of anger. It has been eight years since the events of The Dark Knight and no Gothamite has seen even a glimpse of Batman (Christian Bale). Coincidentally, nobody has seen reclusive billionaire Bruce Wayne either.

Bruce limps now; he shuffles around with a cane, stoops his shoulders, and has no cartilage in his knees. During a fundraiser, he is actually at a disadvantage and lets a cat burglar, Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), sneak into his rooms and steal his dead mother's pearls right in front of him. Yep, Bruce Wayne is depressed. Business isn't doing too well either. Along with Lucious Fox (Morgan Freeman) who runs the day-to-day of Wayne Enterprises, Bruce sunk half his money into nuclear fusion research trying to develop clean energy for Gotham City. That avenue does not appear to be taking off any time soon. Alas, if it was just his money, Bruce probably would not be so down in the dumps, but he also took the money of philanthropist and do-gooder Miranda Tate (Marion Cotillard). Bruce really does not like to lose a good looking lady's money. The Dark Knight Rises would be an altogether odd Batman film if the main villains were depression and the recession. No worries, the bad guy this time literally emerges from a dark hole in the ground, wears a grotesque mask on his head, and sounds like a hard to understand Darth Vader. Bane (Tom Hardy) is a big guy. One could say he grew up in a rough neighborhood and has been socialized to become the world's, and naturally Gotham's, leading terrorist. He nonchalantly takes over and disintegrates a CIA aircraft, takes the entire New York Stock Exchange hostage, and oh yeah, gets his hand on a neutron bomb which he hangs over the heads of the woefully unlucky Gotham citizens. Please Batman, come back to us; but there is no Batman to be found. Gotham City blames the Batman for Harvey Dent's death and despite the best efforts of Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) to temper their anger, nobody likes Batman too much.

That is just fine with Alfred (Michael Caine). He is more than happy to see Batman hang up his repelling hooks and leather body suit. Besides, he thinks Bruce Wayne can do the world more good than Batman can; especially an older and weathered Batman. But if it wasn't for those gosh darn meddling kids, Batman probably would have stayed out of this whole mess. Rookie police officer John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) knows the truth about Bruce Wayne. How? Well, you will have to watch the film for that; needless to say, I thought it was quite the stretch how he figures it out. Blake works for this film's resident jackass, Foley (Matthew Modine), who is angling to take over for an even more weathered Commissioner Gordon.

The Dark Knight Rises is a big film. I do not necessarily mean that in terms of its budget, its expected box office take, or the IMAX screen I saw it on. Just like The Dark Knight, its underlying philosophy is big. The script dives deeper than the ordinary first layer of is he a superhero or a vigilante? Perhaps Alfred is on to something that what the world needs is another philanthropic billionaire and not a guy hopping around town on his latest crazy gadget. The gadget this time is a kind of batwing, but is just odd looking and clunky. Bane also has his own philosophy, but it is more "We are the 99%" taken to the nth degree combined with a dash of mayhem and some spicy nuclear armageddon. I only understood about 80% of Bane's dialogue. There are times when he is truly hard to understand. He voice is amplified by a microphone and I think there is an Irish accent in there. This film is a fine capstone to Director Christopher Nolan's trilogy. It stays away from the campy, make fun of itself side ala Batman Forever and continues the effective choice from the previous film of an incredibly formidable enemy. Just like Heath Ledger's version of the Joker, Bane is not someone you take lightly. Batman can mess around with the Riddler and Mr. Freeze, but Bane would eat those two for breakfast.
  38. Sep 7, 2012
    Better than The Beginning, much worse than The Dark Knight. First off, the story is too complicated and the final twist is out of place. At few times it seems forced into the movie. There was too much of the story and not enough action. I thought it was too ambitious. The build up is too long compared to the dissolution. Acting is the best parto of this movie and because of it alone IBetter than The Beginning, much worse than The Dark Knight. First off, the story is too complicated and the final twist is out of place. At few times it seems forced into the movie. There was too much of the story and not enough action. I thought it was too ambitious. The build up is too long compared to the dissolution. Acting is the best parto of this movie and because of it alone I give 8 instead of 7. Besides Anne Hathaway who is believable and very sexy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Cain who are exceptionally good .Action scenes are in my opinion much worse than in earlier parts. They still did not manage to construct good hand to hand fights, often it is very hard to say what is going on. The new toy - The Bat - did not show anything special besides flying. It is too long by at least 15minutes. I must say I liked the ending very much. Overall average with few above average features. Expand
  39. Jul 23, 2012
    Nolan ends his Batman trilogy in spectacular. TDKR is on a much grander scale than before with much higher stakes. So it makes sense that this is the most action-heavy of the three. Above all else the movie is a definite crowd pleaser. It succeeds at being a blockbuster with a relentless pace and fantastic set pieces while also giving us characters with real depth and an engaging story.Nolan ends his Batman trilogy in spectacular. TDKR is on a much grander scale than before with much higher stakes. So it makes sense that this is the most action-heavy of the three. Above all else the movie is a definite crowd pleaser. It succeeds at being a blockbuster with a relentless pace and fantastic set pieces while also giving us characters with real depth and an engaging story. It may not match the bar set by The Dark Knight but it remains a more than fitting conclusion to the saga. Expand
  40. Jul 25, 2012
    Such a grandiose movie! It ends perfectly this trilogy.The plot is very strong. Christian Bale performance is WAAAY better than the previous two movies. Even though the theme has a lesser signification than in the Dark Knight, it is more greatly present in the movie. There are only two problems in the Dark Knight Rises:

1) This is not a 2h40 minutes movie! They could easily add an hour

1) This is not a 2h40 minutes movie! They could easily add an hour and make it way better. This movie is too big and has too much content for its length. So I hope Christopher Nolan will release a director's cut or an extended edition with what they had to remove for the theaters.

2)Bane's voice! If they don't (easily) dub it for the DVD, I'm gonna have to put on the subtitles to understand completely. But anyway, those two problems can be very easily solved!

I loved this movie so much, it brings a whole new dimension to the rest of the trilogy, so thumbs up to Nolan, again!
  41. Jul 31, 2012
    Although it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding andAlthough it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding and methodical in comparison to the Dark Knight, and it's a treat to have a film set up a story the way this one does. Tom Hardy deserves an Oscar. Overall, it's to the Dark Knight was Godfather II was to the Godfather. Expand
  42. Jul 24, 2012
    I must say that I went into this movie with average expectations. But after 2 hours and 45 minutes of epicness was smeared into my head, I thought "you know what, this movie was almost as good as The Dark Knight." The only problem I had with this movie was Tom Hardy's character Bane because it was a little hard to understand him at times, but in some ways, it works for the character. TheI must say that I went into this movie with average expectations. But after 2 hours and 45 minutes of epicness was smeared into my head, I thought "you know what, this movie was almost as good as The Dark Knight." The only problem I had with this movie was Tom Hardy's character Bane because it was a little hard to understand him at times, but in some ways, it works for the character. The rest of the cast had solid performances, especially Anne Hathaway. And she was the reason why I didn't have very high expectations coming into this, but I was dead wrong. She kicked complete ass in this movie. Plot was good, editing, special effects, fight scenes, etc. It was all good. You will not be disappointed, especially if you're a Batman fan. Expand
  43. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to the Batman Trilogy. The story clips aong throughout the entire movie, and the plot twists keep you on your toes. There are some surprises here. Some poeple say there are some plot holes, but I didn't notice any. I'm sure people don't know the difference between twists and holes. The action scenes are great, and the emotional development is there,The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to the Batman Trilogy. The story clips aong throughout the entire movie, and the plot twists keep you on your toes. There are some surprises here. Some poeple say there are some plot holes, but I didn't notice any. I'm sure people don't know the difference between twists and holes. The action scenes are great, and the emotional development is there, too. Anne Hathaway has a great performance, and she does add sex appeal into the role. All in all, this a a great movie, and if you haven't seen it yet, you have to. Also, there's robably gonna be a sequel. Expand
  44. Jul 24, 2012
    This film is superb, all by itself. However, it pales in comparison to The Dark Knight. Nearly all performances are what they should be, but Tom Hardy unfortunately fails to satisfy the high expectations of Bane, all with that uncharacteristic over-the-top accent. Bane is indeed devastating, and never before have we seen a superhero beaten to a pulp, slammed to the ground, and kept thereThis film is superb, all by itself. However, it pales in comparison to The Dark Knight. Nearly all performances are what they should be, but Tom Hardy unfortunately fails to satisfy the high expectations of Bane, all with that uncharacteristic over-the-top accent. Bane is indeed devastating, and never before have we seen a superhero beaten to a pulp, slammed to the ground, and kept there for such a long time. Bale continues to shine as Batman, and Michael Cain's Alfred is so heartbreakingly perfect. Yes, the film itself is awesome, but how can you not compare this one to the haunting echoes of it's predecessor? The Dark Knight was about an idea. The Dark Knight Rises is more about devastation, and that is accomplished here. Expand
  45. Jul 29, 2012
    Overall it was a good film, however I feel the main flaw was the focus on New York city with a Terrorist plot, rather than a Gotham City with a Villain Plot much like the last 2 films.
  46. Jul 24, 2012
    A masterful conclusion to an amazing saga. By far it solidifies itself and the trilogy as one of the greatest Batman narratives. It's poignant, suspenseful, and scary. Bane is an amazing villain and Catwoman a compelling fem fatal. I could have used more Batman gadgetry and action, but the story is so thematically coherent and rich, that it was merely a realization at the end that I wantedA masterful conclusion to an amazing saga. By far it solidifies itself and the trilogy as one of the greatest Batman narratives. It's poignant, suspenseful, and scary. Bane is an amazing villain and Catwoman a compelling fem fatal. I could have used more Batman gadgetry and action, but the story is so thematically coherent and rich, that it was merely a realization at the end that I wanted not just more action, but more Batman. The acting is superb. Soundtrack perfect in the moment. And the conclusion... everything a Batman fan could want. Expand
  47. Aug 4, 2012
    A truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming closeA truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming close to Ledger's Joker as a compelling screen presence , fulfils his purpose of giving Batman a foe who can beat him physically, and thus giving the audience a palpable feeling of fear. Bane is chilling in his brutality, never more so than in the famous fight halfway through which is genuinely traumatic. Bale gives his best emotionally varied performance of the trilogy, but the surprise, standout performance comes from Hathaway as Catwoman. If ever there was a comic book character that can easily fall into an over-the-top parody it is she. But Hathaway provides a Kyle that is sassy and cynical, with an overt confidence in her abilities and sexual power over men, but beneath the surface is damaged. Her struggle to remain selfish and detached despite herself is utterly fascinating and really cuts to the heart of the enigma of the character. Just like Ledger in the DK, Hathaway's casting looked like one of the worst decisions in the history of cinema, but just goes to show that you should never doubt Nolan.

And it is he who we should leave the final word for. He managed in 3 films to not only reinvigorate the Batman but raise it to surely unscaleable heights. His interpretation of a more realistic world than past iterations was truly majestic. As the film winds down a flow of conflicting emotions coursed through me. I watched with growing awe, as pieces slotted beatifully into place. My heart soared and yet was tinged with sadness knowing that this was indeed the end of Nolan's vision. So beautifully were the closing moments acted and crafted, I was left speechless and euphoric. This deserves to be ranked up there with the best trilogies of all time.
  48. Jul 22, 2012
    7/10 It's still good but very lazy by Nolan's standards. It has a lot of nit picky bits for nitpickers to rip apart. Won't say what, because you will notice for yourself. The flow of the movie isn't the at the same caliber of the first two. Boobs Hathaway does a great Selina Kyle slash Catwoman. Doesn't ape Newmar or Pheiffer.
    JGL is actually the main star as you come to realise
    JGL is actually the main star as you come to realise because of the surprisingly short Bale screen time. He does a good job. Batman IMO is hardly in it at all!
    Bane is ok. Even though I gave this 7 and not 9 or 10. Don't let that put you off. It's still good. There are a few very big pay offs but its marred by irregular pacing and lazy execution. Its just so hard to top the first 2 though which if you are wondering... I rate both the previous films a 9 and a 10.
  49. Jul 22, 2012
    One thing about this movie is that it did not seem like the movie was 3 hours long. The script and the acting just made me want to stay in my seat and watch it for a third time today. I loved it! This was best performance by Christian Bale of the series, Tom Hardy did really good showing Bane's emotions through his eyes. Anne Hathaway was an amazing Catwoman, Michael Caine played the bestOne thing about this movie is that it did not seem like the movie was 3 hours long. The script and the acting just made me want to stay in my seat and watch it for a third time today. I loved it! This was best performance by Christian Bale of the series, Tom Hardy did really good showing Bane's emotions through his eyes. Anne Hathaway was an amazing Catwoman, Michael Caine played the best role of Alfred in the series....all in all I would give this movie a 10 and scream loudly that this is the best of the series! Expand
  50. Jul 23, 2012
    "The Dark Knight Rises doesn't nearly rise up to the superiority of its predecessor but it still has tension, stronger emotions and a fitting conclusion to a remarkable trilogy." So is it possible for something 'GREAT' to be exactly the same again but even better? Almost. The first Batman movie of this trilogy was completely original; it had the audience in a complete shock. It was"The Dark Knight Rises doesn't nearly rise up to the superiority of its predecessor but it still has tension, stronger emotions and a fitting conclusion to a remarkable trilogy." So is it possible for something 'GREAT' to be exactly the same again but even better? Almost. The first Batman movie of this trilogy was completely original; it had the audience in a complete shock. It was atmospheric: dark alleys, tattooed train stations, heavy rain pouring on a 'Ghetto' city/district called Gotham. Gotham is where everything is taken place...(coughs) Manhattan. It also introduced us into a world of corruption and injustice (sound at all familiar). In which judges were paid off, drug dealers sold more drugs and the criminals roam freely among the streets. 'Batman Begins' introduced us to Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale), Rachel (Katie Holmes), Alfred (Michael Caine), Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) and Ra's Al Ghul (played by "gotta-watch-the-movie). The whole movie introduced us to Batman, how he became Batman, an evil villain who wants to destroy Gotham City by way of chemical drugs that will make you hallucinate the worst of your fears. 'Batman Begins' was incredible and I thought that Christopher Nolan did an excellent job with the execution. Batman Begins: a Summer flick that has special effects, great performances, terrifying tension and brains. -8.8
    The Dark Knight was 10x greater than the first. It's not the normal, clean-cut villain with a will, "want to take over the world." This Joker (played brilliantly by Heath Ledger) is sick, twisted and psychopathic. He literally defines the word 'evil.' The Dark Knight came out as an unexpected experience because the Joker is a freak and he would blow up anyone and anything, a hospital even. He simply "...has no motive"-Alfred. The Joker can kick any horror villain's ass. He is that complex ("You wanna know how I got these scars?!")and no doubt, he can mind-twist the jigsaw to the point in which Mr. Rosy Cheeks is strapped to a seat with running gasoline and a time bomb. I loved The Dark Knight! The performances were top notch, Mr. Ledger especially. Christian Bale has a good voice but when he turns into the Batman, it sounds...eh.
    -9.5
    *unbelievable score by Hans Zimmer who scored the more tense scenes and James Newton Howard who scored emotional and ethereal tracks. I am a fan for both of their music. So comes the final conclusion, The Dark Knight Rises. The tension still felt like you're having a heart attack, like the other two. The performances are great (Anne Hathaway, I am surprised) until Batman goes, "WHERES THE TRIGGER?!!!!" The villain however, isn't as great as the Joker because his motives were so obvious. He wanted to destroy Gotham just like Ra's Al Ghul. Banes presence however, is terrifying. It's remarkable how eyes can have so much impact even though his voice can sometimes throw you off (Sean Connery). It's bigger, bolder and has more action (special effects are amazing) but sadly, I wish it were more profound. It's still entertaining but it didn't leave me with a long impression or that 'wow' feeling I got from the second one. It did look like the director had to cut off some scenes due to the time, some scenes didn't match at all. The big battle seemed conventional but I did have a bloody good time watching it. The ending was by far the best endings I've ever seen in the past year (surpasses his earlier work 'Inception'); it was something that The Dark Knight lacked in. However, I do give Christopher Nolan credit for providing a moral to this story which the story traces back to the first film. Overall, I had an awesome premiere-night/morning with family and friends but I felt so depressed about the whole incident in Colorado. May we all pray for the families who lost a loved one in that horrific shooting.
    -8.7
  51. Jul 25, 2012
    Best movie of the year and one of the best movies of all time. the action scenes are breathtaking and will leave you on the edge of your seat. the plot starts slowly but picks up steam halfway through. the last 20 minutes of this movie is one of the best cinematic experiences of all time. see this movie
  52. Jan 4, 2013
    Finally got round to watching this. I originally decided against watching it in respect to those folks who tragically passed away in Colorado. Upon viewing it finally out of sheer curiosity it confirmed my fears that its just another over the top mindless violent picture with stale acting and outrageous cuts and shots that it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. I can't standFinally got round to watching this. I originally decided against watching it in respect to those folks who tragically passed away in Colorado. Upon viewing it finally out of sheer curiosity it confirmed my fears that its just another over the top mindless violent picture with stale acting and outrageous cuts and shots that it was difficult to keep track of what was going on. I can't stand this high speed quick cuts style. The only part of the film worthy was Tom Hardy. I've liked the guy since Star Trek Nemesis and the great Bronson so Tom as Bane was perfect. The voice could have been done much better and more natural but otherwise that gripe its worth a one time viewing just for Hardy. Other then that nod the rest of the film is a complete waste of time. Even Anne Hathaway fails to give us a new Cat Woman. Nothing tops MIchelle Pfeiffer. Heck Liam Neesom (he gets a nod) even makes an appearance, finally putting me on the edge of my seat and as that scene ends he just vanishes? Terrible screenplay. Never did think too highly of the first but the second was good. Worth a one time rental if your that curious or want to catch Hardy, Neeson, and some of Bale. Nolan in my opinion hasn't made a good film since Insomnia. Expand
  53. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark knight rises just stunned me, I have not watched a movie thats as edifying as this one. For off all the acting is top notch by each and every actor especially the cat women. Then the plot was sterling and as good as its predecessor. Christopher Nolan is one of the best Director and has proved that by releasing such a mind blowing trilogy.
  54. Jul 21, 2012
    TDKR is not only one of the best films of the year, but of the decade, and all time! Each of Nolan's Batman films has brought something new. This one brings pain, it shows the struggles that Bruce Wayne must overcome is he is to rise and become the dark knight once more. The movie doesn't just wow us with amazing stunts (which it will) but it also asks important questions of the audience.TDKR is not only one of the best films of the year, but of the decade, and all time! Each of Nolan's Batman films has brought something new. This one brings pain, it shows the struggles that Bruce Wayne must overcome is he is to rise and become the dark knight once more. The movie doesn't just wow us with amazing stunts (which it will) but it also asks important questions of the audience. It is a slick human drama with amazing action centered around that. It is a little more far fetched than the previous installments but is still firmly planted in the world we live in. With out question this is the most exciting movie of the summer, not one frame of film feels forced or out of place. It is superhero nirvana, and film perfection. Thanks to amazing performances from Bale who is haunting as Wayne, and Joseph Gordon Levitt who steals many of the scenes he's in. You'll not find a better movie in a long while...At least not until Nolan's NEXT film! :-) Expand
  55. Jul 24, 2012
    Yes, it is not as good as The Dark Knight, but it is a worthy addition to the series. Pacing is a touch slow in parts, some may feel a little too predictable, and the ending was a stretch, but it is Batman after all. If you are a movie snob, then this movie will be average. If you enjoy a popcorn flick, this movie will be really good. If you love the previous two movies in the series, thisYes, it is not as good as The Dark Knight, but it is a worthy addition to the series. Pacing is a touch slow in parts, some may feel a little too predictable, and the ending was a stretch, but it is Batman after all. If you are a movie snob, then this movie will be average. If you enjoy a popcorn flick, this movie will be really good. If you love the previous two movies in the series, this is a must see. Collapse
  56. Sep 23, 2012
    Miedo, chaos, dolor , el resumen perfecto para esta trilogia, y en lo personal, la tercera parte te transmite mucho.-- mucho dolor, desde la salud decayente de bruce wayne pasando por la nueva perspectiva que le otorgaron al origen de bane y el increible desarrollo de la historia que hace pensar al espectador que este es el fin de batman y ciudad gotica, las interpretaciones de losMiedo, chaos, dolor , el resumen perfecto para esta trilogia, y en lo personal, la tercera parte te transmite mucho.-- mucho dolor, desde la salud decayente de bruce wayne pasando por la nueva perspectiva que le otorgaron al origen de bane y el increible desarrollo de la historia que hace pensar al espectador que este es el fin de batman y ciudad gotica, las interpretaciones de los personajes longevos de esta trilogia estuvieron muy bien, a excepcion de un alfred con un enorme conlicto interno que lo hace a mi parecer, la mejor interpretacion; , selina no se queda atras, la interpretacion de anne opaca en muchas formas a la de pfeiffer, aun asi, ninguno de los nuevos actores le pudo quitar la batuta consagrada a ledger como the joker. Una increible banda sonora, impresionantes efectos especiales, grandes interpretaciones, una sublime historia que encapsula a la perfeccion el dolor y la desesperacion a la que el ser humano puede estar sujeto por la debilidad moral de su pueblo y la insertidumbre que provoca una ironica revolucion. no lo piensen dos veces, veanla de inmediato. una obra maestra que ha sido sobrestimada por el villano/interpretacion de su precuela. Expand
  57. Jul 27, 2012
    A perfect way to end the Epic Trilogy . The Nolan Batman Adventure ends with a very unique way . The story doesn't goes around a end plot it makes the plot through the end . The films silent philological weather was superb . Although it failed to pass TDR im gonna say its like Godfather 2. Never seen a superhero struggle this much to band the bad guys.
    Bale as batman is undoubtedly superb
    Bale as batman is undoubtedly superb . I never thought Bane would pass Joker and i stand corrected . But Tom did really good as Bane . the voice and the body language was superb. The hand to hand combat with Batman was one of THE best scene i have ever seen .
    Anne as catwoman !!! To me Michelle Pfeiffer will always be the best Cat but Anne did surprisingly well the i thought she would. To me she was the shock in the films charterers. and no matter how they said i still knew that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Robin and Marion Cotillard is Talia al Ghul. So that wasn't shock to me but that little child was Talia that came quiet a shock to me .
    Christopher Nolan direction is super as always but he did better in Inception and TDK.
    Im not that sad to see the end of Nolans batman coz he ended it so amazingly but I hope the next batman film would be more like Batman Arkham City .
  58. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises shoots for the stars and achieves it. By far one of the best films I've ever seen, and an instant classic. The Dark Knight has RISEN!!
  59. Jul 21, 2012
    Well, it's no Dark Knight.. but it is a superb ending to the best trilogy of our time. This is not a super hero movie, it connects to the audience in such a sense of realism that it would be an insult to call it so. Nolan further enforces that his Batman is just a man trying to do what he can with the time he has, and his own mortality working against him. No movie trilogy since theWell, it's no Dark Knight.. but it is a superb ending to the best trilogy of our time. This is not a super hero movie, it connects to the audience in such a sense of realism that it would be an insult to call it so. Nolan further enforces that his Batman is just a man trying to do what he can with the time he has, and his own mortality working against him. No movie trilogy since the original Star Wars has felt so complete, yet leaves the viewer wanting more. Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2012
    Best **** movie ever! OH MY GOD I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN SOOOOOOOOO **** BADLY! BANE'S VOICE WAS AMAZING AND BATMAN IS SO **** BADASS! This makes me want to go and buy ARKHAM CITY RIGHT NOW ****
  61. Aug 10, 2012
    ths one of the wonderfull movies in this year and the actors are very good, in fact Anne Hathaway impressed me because she is very good in this movie i love her caracter and the end is fantastic
  62. Aug 20, 2012
    Doesn't come close to the previous Batman. In fact its not a Batman period. They throw in the music of the first batman and some nice directing but that not a movie. If you want to enjoy this 'movie' go buy the soundtrack its about all there is to enjoy in it. The acting is good but because all the characters are recycled and pointless compared to the previous you can't say there is anyDoesn't come close to the previous Batman. In fact its not a Batman period. They throw in the music of the first batman and some nice directing but that not a movie. If you want to enjoy this 'movie' go buy the soundtrack its about all there is to enjoy in it. The acting is good but because all the characters are recycled and pointless compared to the previous you can't say there is any real reason to wasting a persons time nor money on seeing the pile of **** endo! They didn't like my ip address because i gave it a rating of zero. Expand
  63. Jul 30, 2012
    There's a particular idea thrown around in Hollywood these days. Large-scale blockbusters that were created with a budget of millions of dollars seem to be praised for the sake of it, claiming the effort that was put into the film was what made it successful, rather than how much money was put into such a project. Of course, that doesn't mean to say that every blockbuster is veiled asThere's a particular idea thrown around in Hollywood these days. Large-scale blockbusters that were created with a budget of millions of dollars seem to be praised for the sake of it, claiming the effort that was put into the film was what made it successful, rather than how much money was put into such a project. Of course, that doesn't mean to say that every blockbuster is veiled as clever and breath-taking. The Dark Knight didn't resort to such cheesiness. With actors and actresses like that, the plot became a rainbow of viewpoints. It might feel over complicated, it might pretend to look clever, but with the introduction of new characters and continuation with previous ones, it takes into account the usefulness of each of their contribution to the plot. We gained an unusual power balance and for once, we discovered how different it felt for Bruce Wayne to not have the upper hand for longer than we expected, which was fresh. Not all blockbusters can create multiple characters and remember to include them so they feel part of it - sometimes directors neglect certain characters that could be important to the story. I loved the perception of Bane to create a politically and socially fuelled attack on the rich which was executed with such precision. It wasn't all out action - emotional aspects of action films need to be performed quite carefully and we were given a deeper and darker meaning within the film, rather than not having to explain things and so take them at face value. Christian Bale could be the only possible one to pull off such insecurity and determination, no one could look like they had another side that was properly executed, or be empathised with better. The acting was brilliant and the atmosphere gave you whatever feeling you were seeing on the screen. It wasn't at all dragged out, which I worry about with these particular lengths of film. What I didn't like about the film was the beginning, which often just peters out at the beginning of films as it just wants to get on with the film. Directors and writers shouldn't be afraid that the beginning will just go on too long so they miss out on such great achievements with the rest of the film. It also took so long for something proper to happen that Nolan usually pulls off with the Batman films. Talking isn't a problem - it's if you talk continuously and try to form the idea in a clever way when it doesn't work. In some parts, this film did try to look clever, but it tried in a particular way that is attributed to these sort of films, instead of 'hey look, I'm looking all meaningful and clever, in your face' kind of way, where you actually knew that it was pretending to be clever. In the meantime, despite some of these flaws, which you could perhaps think are significant, didn't stop it being one of the greatest films of all time. The pros majorly outweighed the cons, but what was the best attributes to this film was the mind-blowing acting of Christian Bale, where, despite being THE main character, didn't take first position in screen-time. He let other people have a chance, and director Christopher Nolan certainly helped create this film to be so breath-taking in personality as well as looks. Expand
  64. Jul 22, 2012
    Though Tom Hardy can not best Heath Ledgers performance as Batman's villain of the hour,(or in TDKR case three hours) He played Bane amazingly with a lot of menace to his acting. My only issue was sometimes it was difficult to make out what he was saying due to the Darth Vader mask.

There are bits of the film which feel like they drag on a bit but because of the top notch acting, I never felt bored. This film is a must see. I can't decide whether this surpasses TDK, I also can't decide if I enjoyed this more then Prometheus but that is for another discussion.
    NOW GO WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!
  65. Aug 27, 2012
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is an exciting, well-made, well-performed and well directed finale that Batman and Nolan fans will surely love this near flawless and worthy conclusion to the well loved franchise.
  66. Jul 27, 2012
    This year has been historic for comic book films. First we had The Avengers, the biggest collaberation of superheroes ever. Then we had The Amazing Spider-Man, the best origin story ever conceived for the character. Now we have The Dark Knight Rises, a film that not only ties loose ends for the Dark Knight era, but also becomes one of the most believably dark comic book films ever. Some ofThis year has been historic for comic book films. First we had The Avengers, the biggest collaberation of superheroes ever. Then we had The Amazing Spider-Man, the best origin story ever conceived for the character. Now we have The Dark Knight Rises, a film that not only ties loose ends for the Dark Knight era, but also becomes one of the most believably dark comic book films ever. Some of the best acting of the year comes from TDKR, and Bane is one of the best villains that has ever been pitted against Batman. Its one of the years best films. Expand
  67. Jul 25, 2012
    To say this film goes in new, unexpected directions would be an understatement. Christopher Nolan does here what many thought would be impossible-follow up a movie to the Dark Knight. Personally, nothing can top that film. But what I didn't expect was for a movie to reach that status. TDKR brings an end to a fantastic trilogy that offers something new in each movie. The new villain in BaneTo say this film goes in new, unexpected directions would be an understatement. Christopher Nolan does here what many thought would be impossible-follow up a movie to the Dark Knight. Personally, nothing can top that film. But what I didn't expect was for a movie to reach that status. TDKR brings an end to a fantastic trilogy that offers something new in each movie. The new villain in Bane is a new, yet similar villain. He tests Batman mentally and physically and begs the question to whether Bruce Wayne has it left in him to be Batman. The acting is great as each actor assumes their role to the fullest. Anne Hathaway is sexy and cunning. Her femme fatale persona is something that the gentlemen in the audience will surely enjoy.Tom Hardy's Bane is powerful and menacing. Although his voice can get muddled from time to time, his facial expressions and eyes tell the whole story. And lastly, we have Bale. Never before has a superhero seemed more "hero" than "super", if that made any sense. Bale takes Batman to new levels as emotions and feeling pour out of every scene. The remaining cast add to the fine performances, especially Micheal Caine. Its really his second to last scene that you understand the magnitude of this movie. The soundtrack is great, as Hans Zimmer continues to amaze and capture the emotion of the actors and script through incredible sounds and tracks. Bane's music alone makes him seem like a monster. I was scared when I heard about this final movie. I thought there was no way that TDK could be topped, or even reached. But this is the best end for this trilogy as a fan and as a lover of movies. For those who watched, you will understand that this trilogy ends, but still lives on in the audience. Batman becomes more than a superhero and this movie as the constant ideal that he is more than a man in a suit, that he is indeed a symbol comes to life. As much as I want to see more, I understand that the credibility and uniqueness of this trilogy should not be damaged. Long Live The Dark Knight. Expand
  68. Nov 19, 2012
    This movie was a pretty big disappointment, especially for those hoping that a sequel to The Dark Knight would be just as good as that movie was. Most of the acting & story was extremely predictable & unexciting, most of the movie was just extremely bland which caused me to walk out about two and a half hours in to the movie the first time & the second time when I sat through the wholeThis movie was a pretty big disappointment, especially for those hoping that a sequel to The Dark Knight would be just as good as that movie was. Most of the acting & story was extremely predictable & unexciting, most of the movie was just extremely bland which caused me to walk out about two and a half hours in to the movie the first time & the second time when I sat through the whole thing it wasn't any better, not even the ending. Honestly, the Mtn Dew flavor for this movie was 50 times better than the movie itself. Expand
  69. Nov 19, 2012
    Another story that casts it's main character as an old cripple who overcomes that adversity to save the day....does this sound like the plot to skyfall for anyone??? Both Skyfall and TDKR have gone along this plot line and for me has served up an half assed, poorly exectuted plot and movie as a whole. With that said there were some excellent performaces in this movie with Tom Hardy doingAnother story that casts it's main character as an old cripple who overcomes that adversity to save the day....does this sound like the plot to skyfall for anyone??? Both Skyfall and TDKR have gone along this plot line and for me has served up an half assed, poorly exectuted plot and movie as a whole. With that said there were some excellent performaces in this movie with Tom Hardy doing a sterling job with Bane, even if his demise in the movie is sudden and dissapointing. It was almost like the screen writers had had enough of him and couldn't think of how to effetively write him out the movie. Back to performances; Joseph Gordon-Levitt provides a believable and likable performance which has thankfully been well written to enable the audience to understand and warm to his new role.

A poorly written but watchable movie which is made better by the cast performances.
  70. Jul 25, 2012
    TDKR is the greatest movie for a Comic. Avenger et Spider man looks like movie for kids, and it is. I remove 1pt because the sound in the theater was to low, and it was difficult to appreciate the music of Hans Zimmer
  71. Jul 23, 2012
    With excitement and pain Nolan ends the trilogy in the most satisfying way possible. Christopher Nolan has made yet another perfect movie. I would not say its better than the dark knight but at the same time I would not say its worse either.. it is as good as the dark knight. This move goes in my list of favorites.
  72. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was awesome, i havent been that impressed with a movie since Inception! The performances were great, cool special effects, and an interesting and satisfying story. Ive seen it twice in the Imax and it was definity worth it.
  73. Jul 25, 2012
    Anyone who hates this movie just because joker isn't the bad guy is a jackass.As much as i love Heath Ledger as Joker I really didn't miss him in this movie.This movie was supposed to be end to the greatest trilogy of the 21st Century and it surpasses everyone's expectations.And for people wondering that is this movie better than the dark knight?That depends on how you watch it.For me itAnyone who hates this movie just because joker isn't the bad guy is a jackass.As much as i love Heath Ledger as Joker I really didn't miss him in this movie.This movie was supposed to be end to the greatest trilogy of the 21st Century and it surpasses everyone's expectations.And for people wondering that is this movie better than the dark knight?That depends on how you watch it.For me it was as it wrapped up the story brilliantly.Go watch this movie and have one of the greatest times of your life.BTW Joseph Gordon Levitt's performance was **** awesome. Expand
  74. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever ifThe Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever if you arent a batman fan. Christan Bale and Christopher Nolan yet again bring in the big bucks with this masterpiece. Expand
  75. Jul 30, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises concludes Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy and is indeed one of the best superhero movies to be made in 2012. Rivaling even the great Avengers movie, TDKR provides closure to a series that is rightfully deserves. Surely you will not be disappointed with the storyline, music, atmosphere and the way some of the characters from the first two were depicted. You will notThe Dark Knight Rises concludes Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy and is indeed one of the best superhero movies to be made in 2012. Rivaling even the great Avengers movie, TDKR provides closure to a series that is rightfully deserves. Surely you will not be disappointed with the storyline, music, atmosphere and the way some of the characters from the first two were depicted. You will not regret the choice of watching this movie as this movie provides a similar storyline progression as Batman begins but provides the action sequences and structure of TDK. Expand
  76. Aug 4, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters wereThe Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters were very well developed and the acting was very good. In the first half of the movie there are not as many action sequences as expected, but no matter! It still kicks some serious ass when developing the story! All and all, this movie is a must-see for any fan of dc comics, batman or a good action/drama film in general. Expand
  77. Jul 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What an amazing film. The film looks amazing, the action is awesome and I really liked how they made Gotham feel alive and huge. I also enjoyed the characters development of Bale and JGL. With Bale recovering from 8 years away from being the Batman and JGL becoming more aware of the wider world and less and less idealistic. I also thought Bane was really well done and explained the mask , and even Catwoman was well done and didnt feel forced and felt like she actually belonged there. Expand
  78. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. TDKR is even more of a bloated, over-confident and self-important piece than TDK. While BB introduced us to a darker, more grounded version of the comic character, the sequels more and more drifted towards a tone of drama and over-complicated storytelling that adds weblike structures without really needing them.
    TDKR has a very simple story that is made up to look complex by shttering the movie into myriads of scenes, characters and events that all could be shown in a more simple and coherent fashion. Its Nolan's style You could say, and I would say "Right, but I am tired of it".
    This Batman series said what it had to say with part one, the rest is just repetitive and less surprising, and, to my dismay, starts to show plotholes and irritating events to add fillers.
    Batman himself was never stronger than in TDK, lets not forget that he is a detective, not a soldier or someone on a vendetta, his powers are the mind, the observation, the darkness. In this movie, he is just a bitter, lonely, old guy. He is lacking charisma and the detective part is very cut down. In itself, TDKR could have been an excellent one shot experience, hadnt it been part THREE of a series.
    Storywise, its ok, but nothing special, the villain gets as villainous as we have seen them in Die Hard, nothing more.
    The characters are generally the same and fulfill their function, with a brilliant Michael Caine as Alfred and a wisecracking artistic Hathaway as "Catwoman" (a name thats never really mentioned in the movie).
    Conclusion: TDKR finally ends a trilogy of which I personally dont wanna see another part, as all the grandeur and coming of age was shown in part one, where it all should have remained.
  79. Aug 6, 2012
    The caped crusader returns back to entertain in The Dark Knight Rises. Here is my take on the last installment of the trilogy (Nolan
  80. Aug 2, 2012
    Went 2 points from being a 10! reason why -1 the villain cmon... i wanted more wheres killer crock? o well whatever, Second -1 catwoman wanna be? really? jeez whatever again. Good movie just wish they polished some ends.
  81. Jul 22, 2012
    About myth and hope, and how sometimes we need our myths; and sometimes the few may need to sacrafice themselves for the many, the good and bad, mythic or not. Regardless, I can't remember what happened at the end. For me, it's equal to the the Dark Knight. A bit more talking and less laughter. But Bane doesn't need to live up to the last villain, he could care less about him. Only theAbout myth and hope, and how sometimes we need our myths; and sometimes the few may need to sacrafice themselves for the many, the good and bad, mythic or not. Regardless, I can't remember what happened at the end. For me, it's equal to the the Dark Knight. A bit more talking and less laughter. But Bane doesn't need to live up to the last villain, he could care less about him. Only the Dark Knight needs to live up to his former self, and this he struggles with. Expand
  82. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because theyThe Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because they never mention the joker, but Bayne was a great bad guy, Tom Hardy played him well. Anne Hathaway was suprisingly amazing at playing the Catwoman which has been in various batman movies. The acting for the movie was incredible, The story was great, The visuals were equally as good, and the soundtrack blew me away, not to mention the suprises in the end. Michael Caine, was brilliant as Alfred. Joseph Gordon- Levitt was amazing and all in all this was an amazing movie. This movie included various political and social problems and set them into a superhero movie. Christopher Nolan should be proud of this piece of art that he has delivered to us. Expand
  83. Aug 8, 2012
    Though at times slow and uninteresting (which was salvaged by the soundtrack), the movie is captivating and makes you see it again. It has a harmonic amount of comedy and drama, boosted with never-ending anti-cliche fighting scenes. You may start to think that you can guess how it ends, but mister Nolan brings probably the best ending I've ever seen.
  84. Jul 22, 2012
    It was a good movie and I do believe the biggest issue this movie had was trying to live up to the standards set by the last one. The events that surrounded The Dark Knight kinda gave it a mystique that is very hard to match with any other movie. And that was the biggest problem with this movie for me. This movie almost rendered every aspect from the second movie pointless. Not to spoilIt was a good movie and I do believe the biggest issue this movie had was trying to live up to the standards set by the last one. The events that surrounded The Dark Knight kinda gave it a mystique that is very hard to match with any other movie. And that was the biggest problem with this movie for me. This movie almost rendered every aspect from the second movie pointless. Not to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it already, but this movie is more of a sequel to the first movie, Batman Begins, than it is a sequel to The Dark Knight. I personally liked this movie but I was able to temper my expectations going into it. My friends were not and they hated it. I have a buddy who loved the second movie and he HATED this movie because it was not the second movie. I think he's being too harsh toward the movie but he wasn't the only one who had the opinion from the people I know. People need to know that this movie isn't the second one. The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are two different movies and I will warn people that they need be able understand that the differences between the two are quite noticeable. So don't go into the movie expecting to see a direct sequel to The Dark Knight cause that's not what this movie is. In the end, this movie does a great job at ended the Nolan Batman movies and I personally liked it alot. However there are going to be people who will hate this movie just because it's not the second one. Which is a shame since they aren't going to be able to enjoy this movie for what it really is: A great batman movie, and great trilogy, which needs to be praised for everything it did for superhero movies over the years. Expand
  85. Aug 12, 2012
    Watched it in front of an IMAX screen in the cinema, and as the curtain call of Nolan
  86. Jul 27, 2012
    So far this is my favorite movie of 2012. Nolan's final masterpiece in his Batman series is nothing short of expectations. The score for this film is one the best in recent memory, and better than the previous batman movies. This time around the villain is Bane and Catwoman makes an appearance. Which honestly, I would have not mind if Selina Kyle was portrayed by someone else other thanSo far this is my favorite movie of 2012. Nolan's final masterpiece in his Batman series is nothing short of expectations. The score for this film is one the best in recent memory, and better than the previous batman movies. This time around the villain is Bane and Catwoman makes an appearance. Which honestly, I would have not mind if Selina Kyle was portrayed by someone else other than Hathaway. Either way her acting wasn't bad. And as for Bane, well he doesn't make half of a villain as Joker did. But at least Dr. Crane makes an appearance. Expand
  87. Jul 23, 2012
    The expectations for this movie were over the top, so it's pretty amazing that it actually lived up to the hype. I won't go over the top and say this is the greatest movie ever made, or even the best movie in the series. I'm not convinced this movie was better than the 2 that preceded it, but it's definitely on par with them, which is an accomplisment in itself. There's a lot going onThe expectations for this movie were over the top, so it's pretty amazing that it actually lived up to the hype. I won't go over the top and say this is the greatest movie ever made, or even the best movie in the series. I'm not convinced this movie was better than the 2 that preceded it, but it's definitely on par with them, which is an accomplisment in itself. There's a lot going on in the movie's nearly 3 hour running time (almost a little too much going on), but it flies by which goes to show how entertaining the movie is. All the new characters are great. Bane is a terrific villian, and the critics who claim he's just a brute with no emotion are idiots. He may not be as exciting as the Joker was, but who honestly expected Tom Hardy to top what Ledger did as the Joker? Bane is certainly more human than the Joker was, and it makes his character all the more thrilling for it. I was genuinely surprised at how great the Catwoman role was. Anne Hathaway seemed like a good choice for the role, but she did better than I expected. Aside from a few campy lines, she was a great addition to the series. Joseph Gordon Levitt was also great as the good guy cop Blake who works alongside Commisioner Gordon. The movie isn't perfect though. Some things were a little too predictable, so some of the "twists" late in the movie are expected. However, it's still a hell of a ride and it would you'd have to be cynical to not enjoy this movie. If this really is the end of this Batman series (and I doubt it will be), than The Dark Knight Rises is a very fitting conclusion to the best superhero trilogy of all time. Expand
  88. Jul 21, 2012
    From the incredible opening sequence to the jaw-dropping finale, The Dark Knight Rises is incredible. It falters briefly in the beginning, which is mostly dialogue, but it instantly picks up the pace and ends beautifully, giving a very satisfying conclusion to an epic trilogy.
  89. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrific gratifying tale about the Dark knight. Perfect way to close out a trilogy. I love the effin movies. saw it 3 times in the first 4 days it was out. Maybe it's cause I'm a Bat fanboy, no it's an amazing film. Hathaway is sexy as catwoman,but it's a whole different role and character from Michelle Pfeiffer in 1992. Wayne has to learn to be batman again after eight years, some Rocky moments(Alfred saying he can't beat bane in a fight & throwing a rock at the TV in the bottom of the pit reminded me of Rocky tearing up the picture of Drago in Rock IV,and the statue),but its all good. Hardy is physically menacing and kicks the snot out of batman, great story telling. You get emotionally into this movie,and that's what makes it so sweet. One minor grump of mine is when the bad guys leave the stock exchange those barricades make perfect ramps,while it's day, and then it's night by the end of the chase.Oldman and Caine play Alfred and Gordon perfectly,how else would they do it? Gordon Levett is great and I believe he will protect the city since Wayne goes off into the sunset. The league of Shadows connection show how he has come full circle,and how Wayne does Rise to protect Gotham at all cost. Expand
  90. Jul 22, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the end to the one of the greatest trilogies since the Lord of the Rings and it delivers in flying colors. You'll find the action on par with the previous Batman iterations but with bigger set piece moments, better choreographed fighting, and more physically dominant characters. The story is also something for those who have paid attention to the previous BatmanThe Dark Knight Rises is the end to the one of the greatest trilogies since the Lord of the Rings and it delivers in flying colors. You'll find the action on par with the previous Batman iterations but with bigger set piece moments, better choreographed fighting, and more physically dominant characters. The story is also something for those who have paid attention to the previous Batman titles, referencing mostly Batman Begins but a few Dark Knight allusions as well. For that, I must recommend seeing both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight for the ultimate pleasurable movie experience. This is Christian Bale's best Batman performance of the trilogy and all time, as he makes us believe he is a broken man with nothing to live for. As for Tom Hardy, he's no Heath Ledger, but he puts on the physical performance of a lifetime, even if you can't necessarily understand everything he is saying, but all that is needed to be heard is heard. Anne Hathaway brings her own version of Catwoman, a much more likable version than the one Michelle Pheiffer acted as quite a few years ago. She has much sex appeal and can hold her own against whoever. Also in the cast, Michael Caine's Alfred has one of the saddest scenes within the entire trilogy, and you really do feel the mood that Nolan was going for. The entire movie is like tying up many loose ends as they're is a lot to explain. What happens to Batman? Bruce Wayne? Who is John Blake? Will he ever be the same man again? You'll just have to see the movie to find out. Expand
  91. Jul 21, 2012
    EPIC!!! Almost equal to the dark knight. Perfect movie with the best ending i've seen in any movie so far. The best movie of 2012 so far. Tom Hardy stole the show as the Bane.
  92. Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome, during the first hour of the movie, I was a bit disapointed but then all goes on, we can see everything, it's clear, this is an Amazing movie.
    Nolan puts us in a world of chaos, all shall thrill.
  93. Jul 20, 2012
    Same old same old. Could have been a 90 minute movie. Wouldn't matter anyway, If you are looking for any surprises, you wont find them here. Big disappointment. Glad this Trilogy is over for good.
  94. Jul 23, 2012
    This movie is great. It has its boring moments but for the most part, it never ever lets down. Only fools will think this movie is good, dummies will think its ok and complete morons will hate it. Rise out of your seat and go see the Dark Knight Rises, now!!!
  95. Jul 21, 2012
    Overall amazing movie in my opinion. The actors all did wonders with their parts and catwoman was portrayed better than I hoped. I never had trouble with banes voice and in fact found it oddly loud at times but easily understood, the stylized voice was really cool and unique too. The free use of time jumps gave the movie a clunky feel at times and it also seemed a wasted opportunity to notOverall amazing movie in my opinion. The actors all did wonders with their parts and catwoman was portrayed better than I hoped. I never had trouble with banes voice and in fact found it oddly loud at times but easily understood, the stylized voice was really cool and unique too. The free use of time jumps gave the movie a clunky feel at times and it also seemed a wasted opportunity to not explore more deeply the third act. That being said had this exploration happened the movie would have been even longer thus turning more people off since many people already complained about length and boring parts. I feel that had the movie been given a chance to explore a few relationships more and situations more it would have lead to better payoffs but then again I would be ok with a 5 hour movie, which isn't for everyone. Expand
  96. Aug 18, 2012
    I loved this movie. I love this series. It stands alone as a pantheon of cinema, not just within the superhero genre. That being said, the second film is the best in the series, it's 'Empire Strikes Back' if you will. As I was watching it I viewed it as a masterpiece. Once I had some time to digest it, I began to notice points of inconsistency and plain stupidity on the part of theI loved this movie. I love this series. It stands alone as a pantheon of cinema, not just within the superhero genre. That being said, the second film is the best in the series, it's 'Empire Strikes Back' if you will. As I was watching it I viewed it as a masterpiece. Once I had some time to digest it, I began to notice points of inconsistency and plain stupidity on the part of the filmmakers. For instance, after the cops are rescued from beneath the city, they appear wearing freshly pressed uniforms and are cleanly shaven. Keep in mind that they were under for almost 3 months, this seems highly unlikely. They barely had basic supplies let alone a drycleaner and razorblades. Also, once Batman escapes from the prison, he somehow enters a completely locked down Gotham without anyone noticing or any visible means of transportation. Finally, Bane's age is somewhat difficult to swallow. He appears to be in his twenties when he helps Talia escape the prison, where she is probably about 8 or 9. In the film she appears to be somwhere in her late thirties to early forties, meaning that Bane is somewhere in his fifties and possibly even sixties. It seems unlikely for him to be that old, considering he looks to be in his late twenties to early thirties (at least to me). Expand
  97. Aug 14, 2012
    Nolan has made an absolute masterpiece on an epic scale. It may not be as good as the Dark Knight and doesn't have a performance like Ledgers, but it is far superior to every other movie out there.
  98. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises, the last film in the Christopher Nolan franchise, certainly lives up to the incredibly high standard set by the film's predecessor The Dark Knight. The incredibly detailed story has you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. With outstanding performances from every member of the cast this film is truly the best superhero films ever made.
  99. Jul 21, 2012
    This movie is the ending this series deserved. It was nearly flawless in every level of its execution, and it played as smoothly as the Dark Knight without question. The acting was not quite on par, but that is easily overlooked in the face of the rest of the elements of the film. Tom Hardy was superb as Bane, albeit he will undoubtedly and unfairly be compared to Heath Ledger'sThis movie is the ending this series deserved. It was nearly flawless in every level of its execution, and it played as smoothly as the Dark Knight without question. The acting was not quite on par, but that is easily overlooked in the face of the rest of the elements of the film. Tom Hardy was superb as Bane, albeit he will undoubtedly and unfairly be compared to Heath Ledger's untouchable Joker performance. Every other new addition did a wonderful job, and each was marvelously cast. Anne Hathaway brought a life to the Selina Kyle character that has not been seen in a Batman film to date. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is top-notch, as usual, as young cop John Blake. Gary Oldman is near his very best as Gordon in a role that finds him acting a little outside what has become normal for his character. The action scenes and fight scenes are off the charts amazing, and the plot will absorb you from the opening sequence. The only thing I was not thrilled with was a few scenes where Nolan decided that life-or-death was to be put on hold for less important endeavors. There are some slow parts, but they play slow in a Nolanesque way, so they are still very watchable. The final scenes of the movie are unbelievable and will take your breath away. Plot twists, as they are, will blow your mind and you will wonder, as did I, how Chris Nolan could feel that giving his series a finale after three movies was the best option. If anyone should keep directing Batman films, it is this man. Expand
  100. Aug 13, 2012
    If I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks toIf I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks to the Harvey Dent protocol established by Jim Gordon. However one man knows the secret about Dent, a terrorist by the name of Bane. Bane reveals the truth about Dent thereby setting free all of Gotham's prisoners. Batman must once again rise to the challenge and stop this madman calling for allies of the likes of Catwoman, Robin and his massive armoury that he has amassed over the year for a fight that will bring both you and Gotham City to its knees. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.