8.4

1. Aug 12, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises has problems with pace and new characters not fully flushed out but despite all that it still manages to be one of the most densely themed trilogies ever. Better than Begins, not Dark Knight. Amazing score as always, it will be stay on my iPod for sometime.
  2. Aug 12, 2012
    Watched it in front of an IMAX screen in the cinema, and as the curtain call of Nolan
  3. Aug 12, 2012
    ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' wants to be the epic conclusion for the most highly appreciate trilogy of the last years and almost succeeds to be, but it doesn't beat the high standard set by its predecessor. ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' is ambitious, has an maximum entertaining potential, it's very spectacular and reaches the peak of action in the series, but in this thrill for action, Nolan,,The Dark Knight Rises'' wants to be the epic conclusion for the most highly appreciate trilogy of the last years and almost succeeds to be, but it doesn't beat the high standard set by its predecessor. ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' is ambitious, has an maximum entertaining potential, it's very spectacular and reaches the peak of action in the series, but in this thrill for action, Nolan forgets something, gives a little, the air of commercial, but the same time an excellent air of impressive and big. The atmosphere created for the movie is perfect at all chapters from soundtrack to visuals, from special effects to costumes. The thin snow, the effect of cold and darkness, the fall and rise attitude, the atmosphere supporting music, the looks of city and people are all perfectly mixed at gives an epic air to Gotham, as well as to whole movie. Nolan presents here, not an individual story, ,,Batman can be anyone" but multiple characters in a bigger action and the collective in an epic rise. Batman enters slowly in a small shadow and the felling of collective comes forward to take the justice. A parallel between the villains of this two last movie is needed and in my opinion, in this one Bane is as perfect as Joker, is frightening, strong in both mind and body, fearless, has an interesting vision over the world, is the pure evil incarnated, his replies and dialogues are very good, the voice, the body, the look are all fear inspire and make Bane the perfect villain for this conclusion and for the biggest trial for both Batman and Gotham as well. Nolan sets in the last two movies of the trilogy the villain on a high pedestal, maybe higher than Batman and Bane do its part very, very good in this last contest. If the first movie is Batman's confrontation with himself and his ,,dark side'', the second is the confrontation of Batman and a mad enemy, Joker, the last movie brings the confrontation of collective, Batman rise and seeks justice against a bigger and diverse contest. A movie of redemption, fall and rise, fight for freedom and justice, fight against fear and darkness, ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' takes the peak for the word ,,rise'' in a movie and brings a epic conclusion to Nolan's Batman trilogy as well as making Batman the greatest superhero of all times in my opinion. Expand
  4. Aug 11, 2012
    This movie is directed at 16 year old boys and folks with an IQ below 90. While I enjoyed the previous Dark Knight movies (Nolan has produced and directed well-written stories) the TDKR plot is absurd even for a comic book action movie. The villain (Bane) is mostly masked and his voice was mostly unrecognizable: half-the time it was garbled; the other half is was drown out by the bloodThis movie is directed at 16 year old boys and folks with an IQ below 90. While I enjoyed the previous Dark Knight movies (Nolan has produced and directed well-written stories) the TDKR plot is absurd even for a comic book action movie. The villain (Bane) is mostly masked and his voice was mostly unrecognizable: half-the time it was garbled; the other half is was drown out by the blood oozing from my ears for the sound shaking the theatre. The movie is a chaotic mess from poor character development, to poor writing, to sub-plots that should have been left on the cutting room floor (the prison scene-WTF?) to an ending that is farcical. In this movie I never really cared what happened to Batman (and some very bad things do happen to him) much less connect or identify in any way with any of the characters. Shockingly, the movie makes a half-assed attempt at a political statement when Bane parrots phrases most recently heard from the Occupy movement thereby intentionally or not associating evil with the forces that believe the wealthy and the corporations have screwed the middle and lower classes. Thank god the Police are there to save the day! This movie-and its entire team-is out of ideas and gas. Just like most athletes after signing their big contract, give a director too big a budget and too much praise and you can count on his next work being a POS. Expand
  5. Aug 11, 2012
    Seen it before. The Dark Knight series are by far the best of the genre but are getting tired. The plot felt contrived and even the shocking twists weren't much of a surprise. That said even though no one was surprised by the ending it left me looking forward to the next installment.
    The Occupy Wall Street themes are present but only the political witch hunters will cheer them. It won't change the minds of the disgruntled hippie types.
  6. Aug 10, 2012
    ths one of the wonderfull movies in this year and the actors are very good, in fact Anne Hathaway impressed me because she is very good in this movie i love her caracter and the end is fantastic
  7. Aug 10, 2012
    Very well done conclusion to the trilogy with enough plot to have easily made up two movies and taken up over four hours. As it stands, the plot was squeezed and rushed through an already long time frame, but the movie comes out aces due to great performances from Caine, Bale, and Hathaway.
  8. Aug 10, 2012
    Wannabe, wanna be, therefore it is. Let's face it: Dark Knight was good, a very good film, but frankly it was almost exclusively that good, because it was a sort of adaptation of Alan Moore's "Killing Joke" and because, despite the hysteria of Heath Ledger's dramatic and unfortunate death, The Joker was a great one, a master villain. I will not compare it with Jack Nicholson's because thatWannabe, wanna be, therefore it is. Let's face it: Dark Knight was good, a very good film, but frankly it was almost exclusively that good, because it was a sort of adaptation of Alan Moore's "Killing Joke" and because, despite the hysteria of Heath Ledger's dramatic and unfortunate death, The Joker was a great one, a master villain. I will not compare it with Jack Nicholson's because that one was exceptional. Ledger's was very good, almost excellent. The residual memory emerges from this point; people want "The Dark Knight Rises" to be a sequel of that excellency, as I did, as Nolan forced us to believe so... as some kind of religious belief keeping us blindly seeing the way it was supposed to be, but it wasn't. It wasn't indeed, as the first of Nolan's trilogy it was a disbelief and a mime of the second. Without a matured anti-hero, this Batman collapses.

Somewhere somehow if not already at the plane, I started to feel I was being fooled by the Hollywood machine, again and again; my "want it to be as so" was there no more, vanishing, while I gradually started to notice the annoying, repeating and exaggerated soundtrack pushing me for a critical pause. Hans Zimmer made me seriously question about everything in this movie, existentially, if indeed I was facing the terrifying possibility of seeing another 2 hours of hollowed clichés noised by a syrupy music... another disappointment to add. You name it, Star Wars, Prometheus, Conan... I tried, I really did, I even said to myself to take it easy at my criticism and expectation, but there was no emotion to attach with, instead the music was continuously persisting in forcing the spectator to delude himself that indeed there was, like a crazy frantic miraged dance going to nowhere subliming the emptiness.

Simply put, the narrative didn't allow me to empathize with the characters, all of it was forced like an hyperactive quest to push the audience for an illusion of a final master piece, an idea that would be preferable not to be discarded, like a comfortable thought as nice as a wall separating the movie from the spectator. We were comfortably eating popcorns nicely throwing the bags to the floor.

I didn't like Bate's Bat forced voice, I don't like his costume, I haven't felt jubilated when he arose from the ashes, I kept wondering about Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns": what a pale reflex this film was revealing itself, bad omen I was getting bored, I wondered about the time of the intermezzo that would never come. I felt myself observing a hysterical sequence of forced dramatic situations, not realism, not Bat's Gothic existentialism. There was no voyeurism, there was no personal attachment, there was no time to feel emotionally connected... there was right in front of your nose... another banal Hollywood film using a Batman's stamp, a "Bruce Wayne's" costume fairy tail.

You have to be given compassed storyline hidden behind a door's hole, like preparing for the battle tasting a good cup of old wine expecting the confronting dilemma of mirroring yourself, like Alan Moore's and Frank Miller's Batman art of questioning... not this artificial and plastic speaking dolls acting for a spoiled audience, for statistics and budget and major gross openings! Michael Caine, I would punch your nose, how could you let this happen?

Everyone speaks about Bale's voice... heck with it! But of course it's strange, but of course, you just have to wonder you are a human being deprived from your childhood, although a noble guardian of a child's innocence... his own lost one... no? Great potential, great inner thought, great professional and passionate commitment and study, Tom Hardy's personification... but not properly explored by his director. You weren't given time or you weren't properly presented to his drama simply put. It was illustrated as just another sketched brute villain, with an Ah...! here he is, surpassed by the next one, Ah... here he is no more... and after a Oh...! a magical ethereal Batman is again, with his darn forced bad ass voice, right from the canonic pit of the survivors to smack the forces of evil.

I won't spoil the storytelling although I was spoiled by this film's lack of depth rich of busted expectations. Like every popcorn movie, this one innovates itself... it's Gothic an it has wings; obviously satisfies one's expectation behaving as just as commonly as a epidermic chain of pretentious tragic sensations, clichés, totally predicted and totally comfortable. And don't tell me this is just a comic movie, don't be so intellectual you say... Oh yes? Don't throw me that load of crap, because Nolan wanted this trilogy to surpass the previous ones using as trump two of the most darker comic book authors: Alan Moore and Frank Miller. If anything was to be expected, it was fulfilling expectations!
  9. Aug 10, 2012
    Its a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batmanIts a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batman is just impossible. Expand
  10. Aug 9, 2012
    To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character.To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character. Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job, and really surprised me as Selina Kyle. I also liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, and loved how they used his character in the film.

While it seemed a little rushed at times, even at 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought Nolan managed to wrap everything up nicely in the end. A fitting conclusion to what has become my new favorite trilogy.
  11. Aug 9, 2012
    Many thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie with joker was terrifying, emotional and amazing, but it nothing compared to this one. This one is so much more, action, emotion, terror, and a touch ofMany thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie with joker was terrifying, emotional and amazing, but it nothing compared to this one. This one is so much more, action, emotion, terror, and a touch of humor. This movie is one for the ages and will last forever. Expand
  12. Aug 9, 2012
    Although it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usualAlthough it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usual Nolan punch and the emotions run higher than ever as the movie unfolds. Ultimately, The Dark Knight Rises ends Nolan's Batman trilogy on a high note and secures his franchise a spot in the archives of the all time greats. Expand
  13. Aug 9, 2012
    A good film but not up to the prequels! Catwoman is poorly characterized, Batman seems kept in the background leaving space to Bane mostly and this film looks a TV detective series more than a movie inspired by Batman! Beyond this the movie has written good and it's enought enjoyable. Sufficiency is deserved.
  14. Aug 8, 2012
    Though at times slow and uninteresting (which was salvaged by the soundtrack), the movie is captivating and makes you see it again. It has a harmonic amount of comedy and drama, boosted with never-ending anti-cliche fighting scenes. You may start to think that you can guess how it ends, but mister Nolan brings probably the best ending I've ever seen.
  15. Aug 8, 2012
    An absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plotAn absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plot holes" that many speak of are actually misconceptions as there were explanations regarding these plot holes but not in an obvious form because they needn't be- Plus He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN!!!! Expand
  16. Aug 8, 2012
    It's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many otherIt's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many other films this year that have such a rich, deep, and fantastic story as TDKR. The master shots are beautiful, the characters are distinct and intriguing, the progression is swift and goes well, even if it's a little on the longer side. Still it's 2 hours and 45 minutes of the best story hollywood has to offer. It deserves an Oscar nomination I'd say, and easily reigns as the best film of the year, along with topping off the best film trilogy of all time. Expand
  17. Aug 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think theChristopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think the movie as a whole was great as the rest of the series and it ended things where you can wonder what happened after and where if thats it then you can be satisfied knowing things ended well. Expand
  18. Aug 8, 2012
    It was a pretty damn good movie, it had a very strong plot and story, the acting was very good, although I can imagine the actor who played Bane was having fun walking around not saying anything. I can't help but say though, that 'The Dark Knight' was much better than the 3rd installment, without the Joker, no Batman film will ever be the same.
  19. Aug 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan is an amazing film maker. Lets face it Batman is not the easiest to bring into the real world and not have it be cheesy or unrealistic (see Tommy Lee Jones). Reverting back to the League of Shadows story line was brilliant considering the loss of the Joker as a potential story. The movies was by no means perfect, but it made its points clearly and more importantlyChristopher Nolan is an amazing film maker. Lets face it Batman is not the easiest to bring into the real world and not have it be cheesy or unrealistic (see Tommy Lee Jones). Reverting back to the League of Shadows story line was brilliant considering the loss of the Joker as a potential story. The movies was by no means perfect, but it made its points clearly and more importantly entertainingly. The holes in the story drive me nuts but maybe thats just me looking too deep into a superhero movie. I know this, Nolan made the best version of Batman that could have been made in todays movie industry. Expand
  20. Aug 8, 2012
    Not as good as the first batman, much less the second Batman it is a testament to Nolan that this film is so highly criticized but would be still the best Batman film in existence if the other two didn't exist (and yes, I've seen almost every Batman film in existence, including animated ones). A great satisfactory conclusion to the trilogy and a fitting sendoff.
  21. Aug 7, 2012
    This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music,This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music, it was all amazing!! All of this batman films stand alone and they altogether establish one of the best trilogies of all time... and the fact that it deals with a superhero is impressive! Overall the movie is a glorious achievement for Nolan and the icing on the cake for this near perfect trilogy!! I recommend to see twice!! Expand
  22. Aug 7, 2012
    Extremely well done movie... Epic scenes....Tom Hardy did an amazing performance....It's a shame that the voice was very criticized. It's a great ending for this amazing and epic saga. Anne Hathaway...best Catwoman yet. Loved the great scale scenes. Powerful Ending
  23. Aug 7, 2012
    Being a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixed feelings about it probably because I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. At the same time I felt gutted that this would be it as Nolan wouldn'tBeing a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixed feelings about it probably because I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. At the same time I felt gutted that this would be it as Nolan wouldn't be making any more.
    After reading numerous reviews on here and in other places, I felt compelled to see it again.
    So, last night I did. So glad I did. Even though I knew how the film ended it was still an exciting experience. My cinema ticket (which was in my hand), had been ripped to pieces towards the climax.
    On second viewing you get a chance to take much more in.
    The acting was superb across the board with Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle the best of the lot.
    I never doubted for a minute she would be a great choice and she didn't let me down.
    Can't wait for the DVD release which will hopefully have extended scenes. When that comes out I will watch the whole trilogy in it's entirety.
    Brilliant ending to a brilliant Batman series beautifully directed by the master of modern film making.
    Classic.
  24. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break toThe Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break to let new information sink in, but that's really just me nitpicking. I'm not going to go over the plot because honestly we all know what the plot is at this point.The charcters have never been better and Tom Hardy is phenomenal as Bane. Bane is the most intimidating character in the series by far and Hardy coveys with a spectacular performance driven by body language and a little too much going on behind the eyes. This movie cements the trilogy as more of a character study than anything else with Bruce Wayne/ Batman at the center. The only thing you should know is that The Dark Knight Rises is well worth your time and money, is an absolute triumph, and is the best movie of 2012 so far. This is best farewell cinema has ever seen and needs to be recognized as such. Expand
  25. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because theyThe Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because they never mention the joker, but Bayne was a great bad guy, Tom Hardy played him well. Anne Hathaway was suprisingly amazing at playing the Catwoman which has been in various batman movies. The acting for the movie was incredible, The story was great, The visuals were equally as good, and the soundtrack blew me away, not to mention the suprises in the end. Michael Caine, was brilliant as Alfred. Joseph Gordon- Levitt was amazing and all in all this was an amazing movie. This movie included various political and social problems and set them into a superhero movie. Christopher Nolan should be proud of this piece of art that he has delivered to us. Expand
  26. Aug 6, 2012
    What I Like To Call
    Movie Of The Year
  27. Aug 6, 2012
    How The Dark Knight Rises got away with such generous reviews is a bit of a mystery to me. Well not really, I suppose when fans put so much pressure on critics as to send them death threats it kinda has an influence on them. Not to mention the giant hype behind the movie, yes I guess everything adds up. Everything except for a small detail: the movie is just garbage. Yes the movie doesHow The Dark Knight Rises got away with such generous reviews is a bit of a mystery to me. Well not really, I suppose when fans put so much pressure on critics as to send them death threats it kinda has an influence on them. Not to mention the giant hype behind the movie, yes I guess everything adds up. Everything except for a small detail: the movie is just garbage. Yes the movie does look great in IMAX, but again so did Transformers 3, that doesn't make a movie good by itself, you need more than that. Where's the interesting plot? Bad guys come make Gotham explode, THAT's the best they could come up with? Hmm ok, well at least the pacing must be good right? Nope, the thing lasts for 2 hours and 40 mins, with lots of time wasted on pointless exposition and not enough well, actually getting the movie going. OK ok, yes this is not so great but the characters have to be really good I'm sure. Yeah well guess what since almost every character from the previous films ended up dead, we have to start all over with new ones, which means we don't get to know them, and we waste precious time introducing them, and even then they're that great to begin with. Bane is incredibly bland and is basically just a glorified body guard, Selina Kyle is a lot of fun but totally unnecessary (you could easily write her out of the film with almost no change), and Miranda Tate just comes way too late into the trilogy to have any chance of being memorable. The only new character that was well developed is Blake, but then again so much time is dedicated to him instead of, well friggin Batman... you know the thing you actually go see a Batman movie for. And to add insult to injury, Nolan takes his audience for absolute idiots, with a script that is filled with inconsistencies and contradictions; scenes would start in daylight and then it's night 2 seconds later, characters would get mortally wounded only to be fine few minutes later magically (for a trilogy that prides itself in blending realism with comic books that's just inexcusable), and so on and so forth for the entire movie. This movie is a let down plain and simple, I knew it could never be as great as The Dark Knight, but I sure wasn't prepare for it to be this awful. Expand
  28. Aug 6, 2012
    The dark Night rises was not worth the watch the lighting of my wallet was considerably noticeable after this film. Bruce Wayne does not lose cartilage, he doesn't allow a maid to rob him blind unnoticed and he certainly doesn't get thrown in a hole. Poor movie expected more the fact that there was only one point in the movie that actually caught me off guard means the dark night risesThe dark Night rises was not worth the watch the lighting of my wallet was considerably noticeable after this film. Bruce Wayne does not lose cartilage, he doesn't allow a maid to rob him blind unnoticed and he certainly doesn't get thrown in a hole. Poor movie expected more the fact that there was only one point in the movie that actually caught me off guard means the dark night rises should have stayed in bed. Expected more. Expand
  29. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever ifThe Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever if you arent a batman fan. Christan Bale and Christopher Nolan yet again bring in the big bucks with this masterpiece. Expand
  30. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to the Batman Trilogy. The story clips aong throughout the entire movie, and the plot twists keep you on your toes. There are some surprises here. Some poeple say there are some plot holes, but I didn't notice any. I'm sure people don't know the difference between twists and holes. The action scenes are great, and the emotional development is there,The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to the Batman Trilogy. The story clips aong throughout the entire movie, and the plot twists keep you on your toes. There are some surprises here. Some poeple say there are some plot holes, but I didn't notice any. I'm sure people don't know the difference between twists and holes. The action scenes are great, and the emotional development is there, too. Anne Hathaway has a great performance, and she does add sex appeal into the role. All in all, this a a great movie, and if you haven't seen it yet, you have to. Also, there's robably gonna be a sequel. Expand
  31. Aug 6, 2012
    The caped crusader returns back to entertain in The Dark Knight Rises. Here is my take on the last installment of the trilogy (Nolan
  32. Aug 6, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentlessChristopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentless hype. It is very clear how much of an impact these films have had on us over the past half of a decade and I see that impact multiplying as The Dark Knight Rises finally hits the big screen. This movie contains anything anyone could ever want from a piece of the Nolan/Batman saga; heightened emotions, poignant character speeches, and a commendable story line as well as many, many action sequences and explosions.

The film opens much like The Dark Knight, revealing the villain right away from the get-go to foreshadow further chaos. This time around, Bane (Tom Hardy), a menacing mastermind born into a life of captivity, has one plan and one plan only and that is to bring anarchy to Gotham City in honor of the League of Shadows and Ra's al Ghul's death. For those unaware it should be known that this Bane is not your bulky, drug-induced, raging maniac henchman seen in the 1997 film Batman & Robin but instead, we see a far more distinguished, well-informed antagonist that not only has a master plan for his taking over of Gotham but also withholds enough combat training to rival Batman, which is how the comic books intended it to be. Hardy's Bane is portrayed perfectly as Bane soullessly attempts to destroy the status quo of Gotham City in an attempt to give power back to the people. Bane's efforts are very similar to that of Heath Ledger's Joker from the previous film but instead of attacking the minds of Gotham's finest, Bane goes straight for the heart.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is nowhere to be found. Forced into retirement by his unlawful murder conviction of Gotham district attorney Harvey Dent, Wayne is forced to watch from the sidelines as his company diminishes as well as the city he had formerly sworn to protect. That is, of course, until the ruthless and relentlessness Bane strikes Gotham, forcing Wayne and Batman out from hiding to help defeat the city's new attacker. It sounds cliche, but everything in this movie has a purpose.

Intertwining love interests pop up for Wayne in the form of the seductive jewel thief Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) played by Anne Hathaway as well as Wayne Enterprise business associate Miranda Tate played by Marion Cotillard. Though the relationship between Wayne and Tate comes off as a little rushed, Wayne's interactions with Kyle are nothing short of magnificent as Hathaway silences the doubters that were oh so prevalent when it was announced that she would be fulfilling this role.

The first half of Rises is mostly set up for later events up until the the pivotal scene in which Batman faces Bane for the first time one-on-one. This scene's importance focuses on fear, helplessness and watching a hero that America has come to love and adore for so many years become as useless and vulnerable as the mindless heaps of thugs the caped crusader has disposed of over his days. Every moment after this scene sees the drama escalating to new levels as we witness the emergence of John Blake (Joseph Gordan-Levitt) from faceless cop to hard-nosed detective as well as Wayne's metaphorical and physical rise to prominence once again.

Of course, with any superhero movie one will always have issues. The dialogue, especially from the Dark Knight himself, sometimes comes off as commonplace for any ego-boosted superhero and some of the political and business aspects of the movie may come off as scattered or a little hard to follow. These small mishaps however are irrelevant if you're willing to pay enough attention to detail and look over those glitches in dialogue. The side plots and monologues (specifically from Michael Caine's excellent adaptation of Alfred as well as Selina Kyle) emerge as brilliant, informative and ultimately quite vital to the film. Everything in this movie is significant toward the final outcome and that's something that we cannot really mention about The Dark Knight.

In the end, this movie is stunning. Everything from the acting to the writing to the special effects is top notch and all mesh together perfectly to bring to you the perfect conclusion to Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Though the ending may be surprising to some, I feel Nolan set out to do what he had to do and pulled it off marvelously.

33. Aug 5, 2012
    Fantastic Movie, The Dark Knight Rises ends the saga on a high note. The action was over the top and Bane was more fearless and intimidating then the joker, It was nice to see that the hero wasn't invincible for once. Bane literally made Batman beg for his life, yes they could of killed him. but what fun would that be , it was nice to see a realistic movie and a superhero cliche film
  34. Aug 5, 2012
    A very worthy ending to the best trilogy ever put together in this genre. For my money it still does not equal the excellence of Dark Knight, but no super hero ever has, and probably never will. The first half of this movie moved a little slow for me, but the payoff in the second half was worth the wait. There have been a lot of complaints about this movie, and most of them surround plotA very worthy ending to the best trilogy ever put together in this genre. For my money it still does not equal the excellence of Dark Knight, but no super hero ever has, and probably never will. The first half of this movie moved a little slow for me, but the payoff in the second half was worth the wait. There have been a lot of complaints about this movie, and most of them surround plot holes. Unless a plot hole severely ruins my enjoyment of a movie in this genre I don't even concern myself with them, they are all over these types of films. One of the things that I have enjoyed the most about Nolan's Batman is the grittiness and believability of the villains, and Rises was no exception to this. I was very worried when I heard that Catwomen was going to become part of this franchise, as I had never seen this character written or performed in a way that I enjoy. Nolan and Hathaway changed all that in this film, and she turned out to be one of the better characters in this trilogy. While Bane is the greatest villain ever, his physical presence in this movie is truly something to be reckoned with. I think that this character was the perfect choice for what Nolan was trying to do at the end of this franchise. No spoilers in this review, I will say that everything paid off for me. While I am disappointed that Nolan is done with my favorite super hero. I am thrilled that I have such a cool trio of movies to enjoy for the rest of my life. Expand
  35. Aug 5, 2012
    This movie was a great end to the trilogy, its not as good as The Dark Knight but its a movie worth seeing from the users and the critics. The Dark Knight Rises 8.3/10
  36. Aug 5, 2012
    This is Epic, This is Classic, This is Ultimatum!!! How could someone MATCH Dark Knight? This is the answer, Action, Emotion, Darkness, Humanity, Chaos, Merry what is not in this? Go Watch this!!! This is the Best Super Hero Movie and this the Best Super Hero Series of All time. You do miss Joker rather Heath. Christopher Nolan, You ARE THE BEST!!! There is Batman and then there are the rest!
  37. Aug 5, 2012
    To put it shortly; it's good, but not as good as people make it out to be. The plot is great, the score is superb, the action sequences are mostly top notch, and the actors deliver solid performances. Unfortunately, the movie also contains obvious flaws. It's got a fair few cliches, Bane is not that great of a villain, and the ending doesn't leave enough to the imagination.
  38. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is about 50 minutes too long. My mind drifted during the long, cliche exposition. But the real fatal flaw is that Nolan takes all the magic out of Batman. Gone is the atmospheric Gotham, replaced by a shiny, normal, everyday modern city. Did you like the Bane story from the comics? It doesn't exist. Bane is a average terrorist. Gone is the Venom (NO VENOM?!?). The break out of all of Batman's former nemesis from Arkham Asylum doesn't happen. He just releases some regular prison inmates. The Bane story is one of my favorite stories in the Batman universe. I was totally disappointed with this film after imagining how cool it would be when Arkham fell and Bane pumped up with venom. Nolan shouldn't use the Batman name if he is going to ignore what Batman is all about.
    If you compare this film to the Avengers, a great superhero movie from this summer, that stayed true to the comics and had great dialog and special effects, you can imagine how cool Batman could have been, and just how far Nolan took Batman down.
    I just pray he doesn't destroy all the fun and "hero" aspect of Superman, but I am very worried.
  39. Aug 4, 2012
    Absolutely hated it. I know the batfans are going to disagree and click no on my review. But it's my opinion and i didn't like it. Which is weird because i loved the dark knight
  40. Aug 4, 2012
    Great movie, one that if you feel mixed about it you should definitely watch it again, completely different from The Dark Knight (which I've seen so many times), it's really a great way to end the trilogy and together this really does make a great trilogy, can't wait to watch all of the movies together in one sitting
  41. Aug 4, 2012
    A truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming closeA truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming close to Ledger's Joker as a compelling screen presence , fulfils his purpose of giving Batman a foe who can beat him physically, and thus giving the audience a palpable feeling of fear. Bane is chilling in his brutality, never more so than in the famous fight halfway through which is genuinely traumatic. Bale gives his best emotionally varied performance of the trilogy, but the surprise, standout performance comes from Hathaway as Catwoman. If ever there was a comic book character that can easily fall into an over-the-top parody it is she. But Hathaway provides a Kyle that is sassy and cynical, with an overt confidence in her abilities and sexual power over men, but beneath the surface is damaged. Her struggle to remain selfish and detached despite herself is utterly fascinating and really cuts to the heart of the enigma of the character. Just like Ledger in the DK, Hathaway's casting looked like one of the worst decisions in the history of cinema, but just goes to show that you should never doubt Nolan.

And it is he who we should leave the final word for. He managed in 3 films to not only reinvigorate the Batman but raise it to surely unscaleable heights. His interpretation of a more realistic world than past iterations was truly majestic. As the film winds down a flow of conflicting emotions coursed through me. I watched with growing awe, as pieces slotted beatifully into place. My heart soared and yet was tinged with sadness knowing that this was indeed the end of Nolan's vision. So beautifully were the closing moments acted and crafted, I was left speechless and euphoric. This deserves to be ranked up there with the best trilogies of all time.
  42. Aug 4, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters wereThe Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters were very well developed and the acting was very good. In the first half of the movie there are not as many action sequences as expected, but no matter! It still kicks some serious ass when developing the story! All and all, this movie is a must-see for any fan of dc comics, batman or a good action/drama film in general. Expand
  43. Aug 4, 2012
    3 words. What a film. This is one of the best films i've ever seen and i'm serious. The suspense in the film was incredible and had loads of crime fighting action. Bane had to be my favourite character, he just had that grizzly tone in his voice that made you think that he sounds cheery and nice, but is so very evil. Overall, a great film and a must see.
  44. Aug 4, 2012
    Rises is entertaining and has some good emotional moments but that's about it. Character development falls flat in the last act of the movie, especially the shameful tossing aside of Bane after a twist that added close to no impact to the rest of the story. Not only that, Batman himself is only in the movie for like 15 minutes out of 3 hours, and he gets his ass kicked in every fight. IRises is entertaining and has some good emotional moments but that's about it. Character development falls flat in the last act of the movie, especially the shameful tossing aside of Bane after a twist that added close to no impact to the rest of the story. Not only that, Batman himself is only in the movie for like 15 minutes out of 3 hours, and he gets his ass kicked in every fight. I liked the movie and all, but I was expecting a lot better out of this in terms of plot and character development, since the second movie was so good. Expand
  45. Aug 4, 2012
    Completely empty and meaningless. If you are a sheep, go to this movie. Otherwise, almost any movie in any theatre will be better than this one. Awful.
  46. Aug 3, 2012
    Not better than The Dark Knight, however, still amazing. A lot "creepier" for sure, as well, as Bane is not a lovable villain like the Joker, but is much darker and pure evil. Great ending to the trilogy.
  47. Aug 3, 2012
    Despite Bane being completely one dimentional and an uninteresting plot twist, The Dark Knight Rises makes up for its flaws by superb acting from everyone (Hathaway is a suprising standout) and exciting narative that always manages to keep you entertained despite the film's almost two hour length. Overall, this was my least favorite of Nolan's Bat trilogy, but Rises still manages to setDespite Bane being completely one dimentional and an uninteresting plot twist, The Dark Knight Rises makes up for its flaws by superb acting from everyone (Hathaway is a suprising standout) and exciting narative that always manages to keep you entertained despite the film's almost two hour length. Overall, this was my least favorite of Nolan's Bat trilogy, but Rises still manages to set the bar for not only superhero movies but the film industry as a whole. Expand
  48. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie doesn't quite have the vigor of The Dark Night, but the action is unprecedented, as expected from the previous installments. The characters are mostly rounded, with the exception of Bane, who seemed relevant until it was revealed that he was just a lowly prisoner that helped the real escapee out. But man! That movie was so fun to watch! Expand
  49. Aug 3, 2012
    Sadly, worst of the Nolan's trilogy. It has very little original concept, half of the film feels like rearranged scenes from Dark Knight, the other half is boring. It's hardly even a Batman movie anymore, previous one managed to remain true to it's comic book origin, this one falls as far as Joel Schumacher's Masterpieces (Not saying that DKR is anywhere near that bad overall, but ISadly, worst of the Nolan's trilogy. It has very little original concept, half of the film feels like rearranged scenes from Dark Knight, the other half is boring. It's hardly even a Batman movie anymore, previous one managed to remain true to it's comic book origin, this one falls as far as Joel Schumacher's Masterpieces (Not saying that DKR is anywhere near that bad overall, but I wouldn't say that about ANY movie).
    Still quite a spectacle, but some plot would not hurt. (Especially since Batman Begins and Dark Knight had a plot. Why this one doesn't? I have no idea.)
  50. Aug 3, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises successfully concludes Christopher Nolan's epic trilogy with amazing scope on the battling themes of romanticism (displayed in Batman Begins) and realism (displayed in The Dark Knight). Filled with great action and set pieces, character pathos, and a strong sense of moral right that drives the caped hero, the film really does rise to expectations (which, for anyThe Dark Knight Rises successfully concludes Christopher Nolan's epic trilogy with amazing scope on the battling themes of romanticism (displayed in Batman Begins) and realism (displayed in The Dark Knight). Filled with great action and set pieces, character pathos, and a strong sense of moral right that drives the caped hero, the film really does rise to expectations (which, for any normal film would be considered beyond expectations, so that's saying something). Set eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham is thriving under the lie of the actions of Harvey Dent, but masked terrorist Bane causes that tranquility to collapse, driving Bruce Wayne to face the loss of his love interest, Rachel, and his abandonment of his role as the Batman, to save the city. Nolan realizes what most of movie-goers have: there is a lot at stake in a third and final installment in any series. There is a lot to juggle: new characters, references to old characters, adrenaline and emotional fulfillment, plot holes, etc. He overcomes them all and gives us what we want - the finale that is memorable and satisfying. His direction has a way of taking standard action movie stereotypes, filling them with lived in realism, and bringing out genuine tension and thrills. To compare 'Rises' to 'Dark Knight' is difficult. They are two entirely different beasts. The Joker was the trump card in The Dark Knight, but Bane makes for a great villain as well. He is less chaotic and freelance, but still menacing and, unlike the Joker, empathetic near the end. As far as a conclusion, The Dark Knight Rises gets it right. 'Nuff said. Now go watch it. Expand
  51. Aug 3, 2012
    Hoot, Clap, Whistle, Scream .. Do everything possible to cheer The Dark Knight Rises. Another great movie by Nolan. Awesome plot. Incredible cast performed Incredible job; as the great characters.
  52. Aug 3, 2012
    I felt compelled to write this review because of the overall positive score this piece of cr.. received. I had some issues with the two previous Batman movies, like the absence of the gothic ambiance - you can pound us endlessly with the claim that the scene is Gotham, but I can still tell it is New York, or poor action scene and the fact that in combat Batman looks like an ordinary barI felt compelled to write this review because of the overall positive score this piece of cr.. received. I had some issues with the two previous Batman movies, like the absence of the gothic ambiance - you can pound us endlessly with the claim that the scene is Gotham, but I can still tell it is New York, or poor action scene and the fact that in combat Batman looks like an ordinary bar fighter - hey this is a marshal arts master pushing the human limits of speed, quickness, strength, and agility, and in these movies he looks kind of slow. In this latest movie, for moments I though I was watching Rocky 6 or something. They were exchanging concrete shattering blows endlessly. is that supposed to be an action scene in a modern time action movie. But those are just lighthearted objections. Here comes the heavy stuff. This movies is soooo stupid, it may well have the dumbest and most inconsistent plot I have ever seen. From the little details to the overall plot line it reeks mind boggling thickness. And.... and it is 164 minutes long. Those were the most painful 164 minutes of my movie watching life. I see some people here are careful not to give out any spoilers. Here's a spoiler for you, give this movie the widest possible berth you can imagine, and spread the word before it's too late, and too many people are violated by this weapon of mass brain cell destruction. Expand
  53. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nolan opens a door on a new vision to realize in the cinema the Super-hero. A disturbing Trilogy, TDKR is already, according to me, the Cult movie. The most disturbing of the Trilogy, TDKR goes up in crescendo in one unprecedented finale in this genre. Expand
  54. Aug 2, 2012
    This movie from beginning to end is the best movie I have ever seen. It has superior action, characters, and climax. It feels like it goes to fast but it is s really long movies, it will leave you wanting more.
  55. Aug 2, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -not of a hero but, of a story.
  56. Aug 2, 2012
    TDKR is an amazing movie even when compared with the first two. Although it lacks the depth that is expected from a Nolan film it ends the trilogy perfectly and ties up all three movies. TDKR gets even better the more that you watch it and you feel that you get more out of it when you do. By far the best movie I have seen since Dark Knight.
  57. Aug 2, 2012
    London IMAX viewing. Awesome soundtrack, solidly watchable new characters/baddies, plot inconsistencies barely noticeable, top-notch action elements and overall epic conclusion. Not disappointed one bit. And I thought Avengers Assemble was going to be the best flick this year .. hats off Mr Nolan and co.
  58. Aug 2, 2012
    The problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plotThe problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plot wasn't as well written as the Dark Knight, it was on a par with Batman Begins and was clever with interesting, though sadly foreseeable twists. However this movie was still amazing to watch with beautiful visuals and a good amount of action. Expand
  59. Aug 2, 2012
    Easily the best film of the year so far, The Dark Knight Rises manages to reach its insanely high expectations and delivers a brilliant conclusion to the best superhero film trilogy ever made (in my opinion anyway). Despite the plot taking place 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, there is still a fluid continuity of the first two films here which is great, Christian Bale himselfEasily the best film of the year so far, The Dark Knight Rises manages to reach its insanely high expectations and delivers a brilliant conclusion to the best superhero film trilogy ever made (in my opinion anyway). Despite the plot taking place 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, there is still a fluid continuity of the first two films here which is great, Christian Bale himself has described TDKR as a blend of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and he is right. The Performances in this film are brilliant as always. Christian Bale is great as the older crippled Bruce Wayne and is still awesome when he becomes the Batman again. Michael Cain is brilliant as Alfred once again despite having less screen time than he did in the other films which was disappointing but seeing how many things needed to be resolved in this film, it was probably necessary. Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman also give brilliant performances once again. The new cast members also do a great job, the most notable are definitely Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and of course Tom Hardy as Bane. The Character of Catwoman is nailed brilliantly and fits in Chris Nolans Batman universe perfectly. Despite all the preparation required to get in the role and having to wear a mask the whole time, Tom Hardy managed to give a fantastic performance as Bane, his brilliant voice and the spectacular expressions he can deliver with just his eyes is just awesome, and while it doesn't match Heath Ledgers performance as The Joker, he is still amazing to watch. The action in this film is the best it has ever been! Chris Nolan has always had a thing for practical effects over special effects and it has paid off, the scope and size of some of the action pieces are outstanding and highlight just how brilliant a film maker Chris Nolan is. Han Zimmer does the soundtrack once again and while I wouldn't say it is his best work, this film still has some awesome music. There are some flaws, some loose ends from The Dark Knight were not even brought up in this film which I found a little annoying but in the context of what does happen, they don't really matter. I was also a tiny bit disappointed with how Banes Character ark was resolved, what happened did work but I felt like it could have been done a bit better. The films few flaws are not reasons to give it anything lower than a 10 though, this is one of those cases where the good is so good it trumps the bad in every way. Amazing acting, brilliant writing, fantastic directing all come together to give The Dark Knight trilogy the ending it deserved, it will stay with you long after you walk out of the cinema and the ending will likely be the subject of many conversations to come. Is it better than The Dark Knight? That's a tough one because I have seen The Dark Knight many more times than I have seen TDKR and they both have different tones and themes so it's really down to a matter of opinion. It's rare the third act of a superhero trilogy gets it right but to say that The Dark Knight Rises "got it right" is a huge understatement. You simply have to see this film, Chris Nolan has done it again. Expand
  60. Aug 2, 2012
    Although it was a great movie, it could never live up to it's expectations. Very much on par with the second film though. Great completion to an awesome trilogy.
  61. Aug 2, 2012
    Went 2 points from being a 10! reason why -1 the villain cmon... i wanted more wheres killer crock? o well whatever, Second -1 catwoman wanna be? really? jeez whatever again. Good movie just wish they polished some ends.
  62. Aug 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F you all wannabe haters. Seriously , i've seen people giving low rates because they COULDN'T **** UNDERSTAND THE DAMN movie, seriously, if you're that dumb, go back to your The Iron Lady crappy sleepy overrated movie.
    That last movie was the conclusion i was hoping for, the music, the acting was perfect, the dialogues, they connected lots of points from the previous movies. **** when alfred told he had to quit, i almost cryied (friends nearby, couldn't) , right when you're starting to get a lil' bit bored, it goes and BAM! another **** amazing thing happens, not explosions and that, it's things that blow your mind, like when that freaking catwoman locked him against Bane.
    Now talking about Bane, his voice was pretty darn good, **** you wannabe haters saying that it looks like Darth Vader's, it was good.
    Seriously, it makes me mad people giving low grades, saying **** like "Oh, i couldn't understand it and i'm sure half of the people that watched also can't" or "It's only explosions and especial effects".
    To those retards i only say that: GO BACK TO YOUR STUPID BORING DOCUMMENTARY MOVIES, or back to that surprisingly bad, boring and annoying movie called The Iron Lady, or the King's Speech.
  63. Aug 1, 2012
    Visually stunning, tremendous soundtrack, acceptable performances that caught my attention most was Anne Hathaway, which is strong for the awards this year. that was what it seemed I was: Beine tremendous villain until the end when the bad boom is over and where it was Beine? only as a mere pawn, gruesome end. and wait! Batman died? wtf! but regardless of these details the movie was veryVisually stunning, tremendous soundtrack, acceptable performances that caught my attention most was Anne Hathaway, which is strong for the awards this year. that was what it seemed I was: Beine tremendous villain until the end when the bad boom is over and where it was Beine? only as a mere pawn, gruesome end. and wait! Batman died? wtf! but regardless of these details the movie was very good but never as The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger's Joker will go down in history. Expand
  64. Aug 1, 2012
    Good movie. Opening was awesome. The beginning had some very slow parts that almost put me to sleep, they could have edited that down. Also the emotional stuff seemed contrived and awkward. I usually like when they put emotion into movies, but here it just felt like melodrama. The action, characters, and acting was very well done I thought though. It wrapped up the series well.
  65. Aug 1, 2012
    "The Dark Knight Rises" is a brilliant summer blockbuster that succeeds responding its massive hype by gloriously ending The Dark Knight Trilogy. Despite some stretched-out plot holes and cliches the movie's story-line is tight and packed with visual eye candy, stuff that you gotta watch in IMAX. Most of the actors from "Inception" are brought down into the film and they boast solid"The Dark Knight Rises" is a brilliant summer blockbuster that succeeds responding its massive hype by gloriously ending The Dark Knight Trilogy. Despite some stretched-out plot holes and cliches the movie's story-line is tight and packed with visual eye candy, stuff that you gotta watch in IMAX. Most of the actors from "Inception" are brought down into the film and they boast solid performances. The tone of the movie isn't as dark as "The Dark Knight", but it still is mature and realistic (in a sense...). However what Christopher Nolan hit dead right was, in my opinion. the ending. I won't spoil anything but I can say that the ending is very refreshing and interesting; it's different from the usual linear endings brainless Hollywood blockbuster directors/producers think of. Long story short, WATCH IT. It's not quite the same level as of "The Dark Knight", but it has big scope visual eye-pleasers as well as a somewhat sensational and wise ending; a finishing touch for director Nolan's epic trilogy of the lonesome dark knight. Expand
  66. Aug 1, 2012
    I say this is a good movie, slow build up, just how I like it but never boring. For my taste this is one is a whole level better than the previous Batman movies, cos for some reason I never got really into the "groove" with them - In "Dark Knight" the Joker was brilliant but that didn't make the movie for me, but now with Dark Knight Rises you get more sucked in and you are moreI say this is a good movie, slow build up, just how I like it but never boring. For my taste this is one is a whole level better than the previous Batman movies, cos for some reason I never got really into the "groove" with them - In "Dark Knight" the Joker was brilliant but that didn't make the movie for me, but now with Dark Knight Rises you get more sucked in and you are more interested in the characters and build up of the plot. Bane, the bad guy a-la-carte just oozes with mysterious aura and you listen to every word he says like a curious cat.

Its not a perfect movie but a perfect choice for a successful night of popcorn-eating entertainment ;)
  67. Aug 1, 2012
    It's simple - "The Dark Knight Rises" is the best movie of the year. It beats "The Avengers" in every single aspect.---------------------------------
  68. Aug 1, 2012
    This movie falls flat when it comes to the philosophical and psychological elements which made the first two movies so interesting. With that said, its plot and characters are reasonably good--taken on their own--and provide an interesting ride. The problem is that the movie's plot-holes, inconsistencies, and missed opportunities, and other flaws pile up throughout it's lengthy runtimeThis movie falls flat when it comes to the philosophical and psychological elements which made the first two movies so interesting. With that said, its plot and characters are reasonably good--taken on their own--and provide an interesting ride. The problem is that the movie's plot-holes, inconsistencies, and missed opportunities, and other flaws pile up throughout it's lengthy runtime such that they distract from what the movie does right. Ultimately its well worth seeing for the sheer spectacle of it all, but don't go into it expecting a film to top all others. Expand
  69. Aug 1, 2012
    Stvarno spektakularan film. Ovo je ultimativni batman film i najbolji superherojski film svih vremena. Akcija, dijalozi, likovi(pogotovu Batman, Bane i Catwoman) su fantasticno prikazani. Film traje 2 i po sata i niujednom trenutku nije bilo dosadnih elemenata, prica je tako dobra da te drzi prikovanim za ekranom od prve do zadnje sekunde. Christopher Nolan je odradio sjajan posao ovimStvarno spektakularan film. Ovo je ultimativni batman film i najbolji superherojski film svih vremena. Akcija, dijalozi, likovi(pogotovu Batman, Bane i Catwoman) su fantasticno prikazani. Film traje 2 i po sata i niujednom trenutku nije bilo dosadnih elemenata, prica je tako dobra da te drzi prikovanim za ekranom od prve do zadnje sekunde. Christopher Nolan je odradio sjajan posao ovim zadnjim dijelom odnosno citavom trilogijom.
    P.S. Preporuka je prije ovog filma odgledati Batman Begins, posto je puno elemenata iz tog filma i u ovom.
  70. Aug 1, 2012
    Unaccomplished, badly fragmented, often ridiculous, blatantly fascist. At least, Bane is cool. For the rest, Nolan shows himself, in my humble opinion, as one of the most overrated director-writers of these times. The overall story, if managed better - both in terms of screenplay and direction - had the basis to deliver a powerful movie. But Nolan fails on almost every aspect. He clearlyUnaccomplished, badly fragmented, often ridiculous, blatantly fascist. At least, Bane is cool. For the rest, Nolan shows himself, in my humble opinion, as one of the most overrated director-writers of these times. The overall story, if managed better - both in terms of screenplay and direction - had the basis to deliver a powerful movie. But Nolan fails on almost every aspect. He clearly knows the importance of drama, but lacks the ability to convey it, and every dramatic scene turns out to be either ridiculous or bland, a thing which gives the final blow to a lazy plot with more holes and failed pretentiousness than a badly designed mini-golf course. Batman himself, especially in the fighting scenes, is a clown that moves with the speed of a snail, and talks with a totally laughable old-style horror-tunnel voice.
    At least, as I mentioned, Tom Hardy is a very expressive and impressive Bane, while Gary Oldman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Anne Hathaway deliver a good performance. The rest, acting included, is pure boredom.
  71. Aug 1, 2012
    I liked the first one, loved the second one, and was bored through this third installment in a what is now, in my opinion, mediocre trilogy.

The performances were well played. The cinematic grandeur was there. The pomp and style was pompy, and stylized. The plot, however, was a mix of rehashed sentiment from the first movie, and what I can only describe as random stuff. I wanted to like this film, but I didn't -get it-. I didn't know what the motivation was. Why so many characters knew so much about things they shouldn't have known about. Why there was so much drive, motivation, from certain characters. I saw the performance play out, I understood what had just happened, but I still never knew the why?

So much emotion wrapped unnecessarily in inexplicable actions. If I had missed this movie, I wouldn't have noticed.
  72. Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome, during the first hour of the movie, I was a bit disapointed but then all goes on, we can see everything, it's clear, this is an Amazing movie.
    Nolan puts us in a world of chaos, all shall thrill.
  73. Aug 1, 2012
    Marvel finally gets a great superhero trilogy. The movie may not get the feeling that it's predecessor gave, because it is the final installement of the franchise, and it is the darkest and longest of them all. The acting was great. Christian Bale as usual a great Bruce Wayne/Batman and the new cast also delivers thrills. Tom Hardy is the perfect Bane and had a great storyline and MarionMarvel finally gets a great superhero trilogy. The movie may not get the feeling that it's predecessor gave, because it is the final installement of the franchise, and it is the darkest and longest of them all. The acting was great. Christian Bale as usual a great Bruce Wayne/Batman and the new cast also delivers thrills. Tom Hardy is the perfect Bane and had a great storyline and Marion Cotillard as a sexy yet misterious Miranda Tate. But the biggest surprise was Anne Hathaway, who is the best Catwoman on screen. She is Christopher Nolan's Selena Kyle/Catwoman, which means she will be a faithful version to the comics and although I don't read comic books i think she captures her personality. Her development as a character is also interesting and I would like for her to have a solo movie, directed by Christopher Nolan.
    A satysfying conclusion to a trilogy that has three movies critically acclaimed by die-hard fans and critics, thanks to Christopher Nolan,an excelent director.
  74. Aug 1, 2012
    To put it simply, Nolan masterfully concluded the story arc he began in Batman Begins. I found the acting to be 100% top notch and the score and camera work are as impeccable as always. The plot has some great twists and I left the theater with a smile on my face. Great movie!
  75. Jul 31, 2012
    How can you top the Dark Knight? You can't. The Nolans' wobbly script - although over-powering and wildly entertaining at times - suffers from plot holes, unnecessary dialogue, too many characters and an over-bearing sense of political morality that is channeled through by a ridiculous and incomprehensible villain. The inconsistencies are only shadowed by the film's action and editing.How can you top the Dark Knight? You can't. The Nolans' wobbly script - although over-powering and wildly entertaining at times - suffers from plot holes, unnecessary dialogue, too many characters and an over-bearing sense of political morality that is channeled through by a ridiculous and incomprehensible villain. The inconsistencies are only shadowed by the film's action and editing. Nolan does a good job at directing but he suffers from a "forest-for-the-trees" mentality as the script doesn't hold up to all that Wayne/Batman has endured in his previous adventures because it throws away a great deal of Wayne's character for mere retribution. The performances are great, particularly Cain in the few key scenes he has. The third act is the most entertaining but the end sequence is unnecessary and patronizing removing all gravitas from the story it preceded. There are several elements that bugged me as a fan of the comics and animated show that make no sense in this incarnation of Batman but I guess that's just a personal bias. All selfish reasoning aside, it's a fun and visually brilliant ride as long as you don't bother trying to unravel the inconsistencies. Expand
  76. Jul 31, 2012
    This movie stands out as a great film, even with some plot holes and the bad guys in the film did have an absurd evil plan, but it does meshes well with the other two former movies to create a perfect trilogy.
  77. Jul 31, 2012
    I miss the old Joel Schumacher films... at least the plot made sense and the villains had any real motivation. The only thing that was half good on this was Anne Hathaway.
  78. Jul 31, 2012
    Outstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. I alternately cried, laughed and gaped in awe at the ending of this movie. The only downside (if it can be considered that), is how long the movie is,Outstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. I alternately cried, laughed and gaped in awe at the ending of this movie. The only downside (if it can be considered that), is how long the movie is, but it's worth it for the content. Don't get up partway through for the bathroom, you don't want to miss a thing. Expand
  79. Jul 31, 2012
    A powerfull film. Una pelicula poderosa, con la capacidad de hipnotizar a quien no busca tecnica pura o guiones perfectos. Simplemente es una pelicula para disfrutar sin juzgar y dejarse llevar a una historia epica que sin dejar de ser fantasia bien podria suceder en el mundo real.
  80. Jul 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Most who rated this mixed have nailed it: it's a good movie in general but it is the worst movie of the Dark Knight trilogy.

The movie is very uneven. The first half was pretty intriguing with the introduction of the characters and the plot unfolding whereas the second half seemed rushed and rather unimaginative (oh! a nuclear bomb!), filled with plot holes and unecessary and uninteresting scenes. The movie is nearly 3 hours long but I didn't feel like there were much going on (not like in the case of The Dark Knight, for example). This is because of the lack of memorable moments in this movie -- there are lots of different stuff going on but nothing really important or intriguing. There is too superfluous characters: Robin shouldn't be in the movie; nor this lady who turned out to be the evil mastermind (I didn't even care enough to remember her name). The movie should have focused more on Bane, Catwomen and Batman. Robin took way too much screen time but didn't actually add true value to the story. (What's funny was that I was actually surprised that he was really Robin since I said to myself it can't be that obvious.) They put Robin in there obviously because they plan to make more Batman movies. I guess The Dark Knight Rises is victim of greed. Anothing thing superflous, boring and rather stupid: the entire time Bruce Wayne spent in that hole/prison. They should have completely eliminated that part of the story. That is precious screen time where we don't see Batman. Bruce fixing his broken back in prison was totally ridiculous. It is frustrating so little we are seeing of the Bat in this movie. Furthermore, aside from the first fight with Bane, the few other Batman presences were underwhelming, especially his final appearance. Most of the time, he's sitting in his flying machine or on his bike. Bane: another big disappointment. The voice was terrible. I thought it was just me but judging from the comments, I wasn't alone having difficulty understanding what Bane was saying. The development of the Bane character was a major element in the uneveness of this movie. Up until the first fight with Batman, I had this marvel towards the character. After that fight, it seems the development of the character just abruptly stopped. It's as if once he broke Batman, there's nothing left to be said about Bane. Bane was frustratingly under-developed and under-utilized. Also, the fact that that woman was actually the mastermind behind the evil plot and how Bane was dealt with contributed in significantly diminishing the super-villain's "character value".

Finally, a better ending would have Batman really sacrificing himself to save Gotham and have the young detective (Robin) become the new Batman. That would have given the movie a much needed and appropriate dark tint. But as usual with Hollywood, it prefers the perfect all is good and well ending.

All in all, Rises is a mediocre movie by Nolan's standard. He should have waited for a more polished script before working on this one but I can imagine he may be subject to pressure from the business people.
  81. Jul 31, 2012
    Although it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding andAlthough it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding and methodical in comparison to the Dark Knight, and it's a treat to have a film set up a story the way this one does. Tom Hardy deserves an Oscar. Overall, it's to the Dark Knight was Godfather II was to the Godfather. Expand
  82. Jul 31, 2012
    HEY EVERYBODY!. No spoilers. Yes, the story has many flaws, Yes, the character development could be better. Maybe, Nolan rushed the film a little bit. But hey, The Dark Knight Rises is still the epic conclusion. Enjoy every second of it.
  83. Jul 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Even though I like this movie, I don't think it was as good as the first Batman in this particular trilogy. For one thing he kept getting his ass whooped. I mean for Pete's sake He's a superhero. I kept saying as much as was going on that this is a job for Superman! The music was waaay too loud and sometimes it was hard to hear what they were saying. You could tell that Tom Hardy's was dubbed and was louder than everyone else. I like the Avengers better. Sometimes I think that people just jump on a bandwagon and just go along with the critics. Catwoman is a blonde with green eyes and looks nothing like Anne Hathaway, although she looked really hot and sexy. Talia has sandy blonde hair and in this movie she was a brunette and not as hot as the comic book Talia. What was up with the ending? Is it setting up for a Robin sequel? Expand
  84. Jul 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Admittedly this film had a lot to live up to, given the phenomenon that was The Dark Knight, as well as what Nolan achieved with Inception and what Joss Whedon was able to bring to The Avengers a few months earlier. But what surprised me was that apart from that, The Dark Knight Rises is simply not a very good film. It shocked me, how pedestrian it ends up being. The performances are excellent, Anne Hathaway rivals Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman; livening things up whenever she's onscreen. And there's it was nice to see the excellent Ben Mendelsohn and Juno Temple pop up in colourful supporting roles, plus reappearances of Nestor Carbonell and Cillian Murphy (whose presence is welcome but never logically explained). Tom Hardy's Bane in the end pales in comparison to Heath Ledger's Joker, not his fault really, Ledger was a hard act to follow. The biggest problem is the script. While there is a nice through-line with elements of the previous films, some story decisions left me scratching my head. A neutron time-bomb? Really Nolan, that's the best you could come up with? Catwoman's storyline initially plays but ends up dissolving into nothing. The sub-plot with Joseph Gordon Levitt and the boy's home, while quite affecting, didn't really fit in comfortably (and the reveal as 'Robin' at the end of the film brought a wave of snickers and groans in the cinema) The 11th hour villain twist feels cheap; I was wondering why Cotillard had been so under-utilised for most of the film, but she deserved more than to become a B-movie-baddie. And given Nolan's opportunity to close out the trilogy, the film wimps out on a truly moving conclusion. However there are some story elements that do work: the plot twists quite effectively in places, the chemistry is there between Bale and Hathaway and Bruce and Alfred share some poignant moments. I desperately wanted to like this film but, in the end, found it very hard to Expand
  85. Jul 31, 2012
    A good ending for an excellent trilogy. But bear in mind, that you must of watch 1 and 2 to really enjoy this story and look at it from a real world perspective.
  86. Jul 31, 2012
    Totally enjoyable. I think people went to the cinema with way too many expectations and forgot to watch the movie for what it was worth. On it's own, people would have generally loved the film a lot more. I think one set went expecting The Dark Knight part 2 and the other went with crates of comics expecting something else. It was a brilliant movie with a worthy villain and I have nothingTotally enjoyable. I think people went to the cinema with way too many expectations and forgot to watch the movie for what it was worth. On it's own, people would have generally loved the film a lot more. I think one set went expecting The Dark Knight part 2 and the other went with crates of comics expecting something else. It was a brilliant movie with a worthy villain and I have nothing but praise for it Expand
  87. Jul 31, 2012
    The best superhero trilogy ever!Thank you Christopher Nolan.You know how to make movies and that is seen in the last part of The Dark Knight,The Dark Knight Rises.It brings stuff from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight movies and concludes everything so perfect,even though some of you didn't liked the previous movie,you will surely like this one more,because of it's intense actionThe best superhero trilogy ever!Thank you Christopher Nolan.You know how to make movies and that is seen in the last part of The Dark Knight,The Dark Knight Rises.It brings stuff from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight movies and concludes everything so perfect,even though some of you didn't liked the previous movie,you will surely like this one more,because of it's intense action scenes.For the ones who liked the last movie there is still this great character development and slow paced story.Like the last two movies The Dark Knight Rises feels realistic in almost every aspect even though it's a superhero movie.It began,it went dark and it Rose to end in an EPIC scale! Expand
  88. Jul 31, 2012
    This is one of the best movies in this year the stroyline isnt boring and very good all the other films arent so good true story bros my english is bad i know sorry (swiss)
  89. Jul 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the smartest Directors of our generation is about to conclude his famous saga. Oh yes, you should anticipate what is he going to do next. Christopher Nolan has built a superb franchise through two successful prequels BATMAN BEGINS (2005) and THE DARK KNIGHT (2008). No wonder everyone is hyped about it and the excitement is rising high. The Batman character has changed a lot over the years. The two most important influences are Frank Miller graphic novel BATMAN: YEAR ONE (1987) and Tim Burton movie BATMAN (1989), not just changing the image entirely but also affecting today superhero movies. What I am trying to say is you will soon witness a historic event as well. We are going to see the next phase of Batman transition. In thiz grand finale to an epic trilogy, Christopher Nolan definitely takes Batman to the whole new level. Christian Bale also deserves a credit for making Bruce Wayne character even more dynamic and attractive. Bale is certainly not just an ordinary Actor, he can play any character he wants, not just good, but great. I do not know why Nolan takes so many risks by changing the winning formula. Spoiler Alert! There are more day scenes than night scenes, Bruce Wayne becomes poor, firing Alfred and other radical changes. As a matter of fact, it was not Bat at all! I do not feel like I have been watching Batman movie, it was more like a typical Nolan movie that happens to be Batman in it. There is no doubt that the Joker was potrayed amazingly by the late Heath Ledger in THE DARK KNIGHT (2008). Christopher Nolan himself knows very well that he should find something new, something phenomenal enough to replace it. Well, at least he has done half of his homework. Although the merciless masked villain Bane (Tom Hardy) is very terrifying, especially through his monstrous voice and intimidating appearance, but it is lack of character. Catwoman does not leave any impression. Yes, she is still sexy but only physically. I can hardly remember anything besides Catwoman becomes Anne Hathaway, instead of the other way around. Better performances come from two Cast members of INCEPTION (2010), Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It makes five of them, the others are Tom Hardy, Michael Caine and Cillian Murphy. The other regular Cast members are Gary Oldman as Commissioner Gordon and Morgan Freeman as Lucious Fox. In fact, in the middle of the story, the movie loses its track, too many unnecessary scenes, sometimes too wordy and almost flat out boring. Even worse, it is compounded by one-dimensional fight choreography. Everytime Batman and Bane fight, it looks like B-Class movie. But I still think The Bike Chase Scene is spectacular. In the end, hey it is Christopher Nolan! Of course, he saves something for the ending. Finally, I can say the epic concludes with a very classy way, typical Nolan twists and turns. It is another ambiguous ending from him. Dont you ever discuss it or you will find yourself in the middle of never-ending debate about what really happened at the end of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. No more spoilers, find your own hints. Have a nice Bat!

Visit My Blog on JONNY
  90. Jul 30, 2012
    The film was an absolute disappointment for me. The action was taking place in a very narrow space. The editing was really awful. There were countless meaningless happenings. Like taking blood from the man in the plane. Then the blood wasn't even used. Casting was not good. The city fight scene was meaningless. Why didn't they use the guns but tried to ram instead?
    No adrenalin. Not
    No adrenalin. Not enough action. Lots of unanaswered questions. Why was the truck in the move? No logical answer. Lots of questions like this one.
    Generally talking the worst of the trilogy.
  91. Jul 30, 2012
    It isn't better than the first Dark Knight, but still a good movie. It has some problems such as: first part too fast, exaggerated ending, exagerated revelations. This film followed the last one path, this Batman history had to end someday. But it didn't end perfectly...
  92. Jul 30, 2012
    Absolutely unbelievable as you will not be able to take your eyes off the screen especially whenever Bane appears. He is deliciously evil. This flick has a shot although a comic book action movie to be nominated for BEST PICTURE. Strong supporting cast that work very well together. Go see and enjoy.
  93. Jul 30, 2012
    Before i start i just want to say i have never seen a batman film or the comics books just the two Batman: Arkham games and Nolan's batman films. The Dark Knight Rises is a fantastic movie and great conclusion to the trilogy of Nolan's batman films. its as good as The Dark Knight but not better. the cast in the movie are some of the best. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman who in one scene tricksBefore i start i just want to say i have never seen a batman film or the comics books just the two Batman: Arkham games and Nolan's batman films. The Dark Knight Rises is a fantastic movie and great conclusion to the trilogy of Nolan's batman films. its as good as The Dark Knight but not better. the cast in the movie are some of the best. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman who in one scene tricks the polices to leaving her alone by faking to cry , Christian Bale as Batman who gives a great performance , Tom Hardy as Bane who is one of the best villain i have seen but wasn't as good as Heath Ledgers's Joker. My friend said it it was hard to understand him ,i was ok but just to say you might find hard to understand him. The film does have some plot holes what i cant say or i will spoil the film and one scene to do with bane at the end but in the end it is a great film. i recommend it for its good story and great cast Expand
  94. Jul 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I'm a huge nolan fan and I expected this movie to be better than the dark knight. In my opinion it's on par with the dark knight not because it's bad but because the dark knight is so good. You definitely should watch it in IMAX because 1 hour+ scenes filmed in IMAX really shine. Everything about this movie is amazing the plot, acting and action sequences are amazing. It is an excellent conclusion to the series and the last hour at the end is breathtaking. I do have some minor gripes though. I felt many characters didn't get the screen time they deserved. Obviously Alfred left at the beginning but I really wanted to see more of him. Also catwoman didn't get enough screen time fighting. She's on the batmobile most of the time at the end. I felt Miranda Tate was a really useless character. She doesn't get that much screen time and her transformation into talia is really awkward. Her romance with Bruce Wayne is really fake. I felt the movie should've been about 30 minutes longer. John Blake takes so much screen time that's really not needed. I know they had to really focus on him because he's the next "batman" but I would've liked to see less of him and more of the other characters. Banes voice is 97% fixed but there were still some times where I couldn't understand him. I feel there's not as much feeling in this film as the dark knight. The dark knight does some things better then tdkr but tdkr does something's better then tdk. All in all an amazing movie that really stirs up emotion. I give it a 9.8/10 Expand
  95. Jul 30, 2012
    Simply the best...better than all the rest!!! this movie right here had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire film..I was literally amazed at hw excellent The Dark Knight Rises is such an involving story of seeing our favorite hero rise..go see this as many times as u deem necessary lets all make this the biggest movie of all time!! i have already seen it twice and the 2nd time reallySimply the best...better than all the rest!!! this movie right here had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire film..I was literally amazed at hw excellent The Dark Knight Rises is such an involving story of seeing our favorite hero rise..go see this as many times as u deem necessary lets all make this the biggest movie of all time!! i have already seen it twice and the 2nd time really let me know..this is the best movie of any kind i have ever seen and nw iam ready for my third viewing in the IMAX .Christopher Nolan u are a genius Expand
  96. Jul 30, 2012
    The wait is over; Christopher Nolan brings his Batman trilogy to a thunderous close in The Dark Knight Rises. It
  97. Jul 30, 2012
    This is, without precedent, the most sophisticated epic so far. Nolan is the master of the ancient Greek kind of drama. This is like Beethoven's the 9th. People, just go to the cinema!
  98. Jul 30, 2012
    This movie was absolutely great. It made me feel all good inside. OMG it was so good!!! Many parts were great in the movie giving an epic feel to the overall movie including the moment batman comes out once more and the final fight scene with bane and all the police. I also enjoyed the fact that in the end you are given a little awesome boost with robin!!!
  99. Jul 30, 2012
    There's a particular idea thrown around in Hollywood these days. Large-scale blockbusters that were created with a budget of millions of dollars seem to be praised for the sake of it, claiming the effort that was put into the film was what made it successful, rather than how much money was put into such a project. Of course, that doesn't mean to say that every blockbuster is veiled asThere's a particular idea thrown around in Hollywood these days. Large-scale blockbusters that were created with a budget of millions of dollars seem to be praised for the sake of it, claiming the effort that was put into the film was what made it successful, rather than how much money was put into such a project. Of course, that doesn't mean to say that every blockbuster is veiled as clever and breath-taking. The Dark Knight didn't resort to such cheesiness. With actors and actresses like that, the plot became a rainbow of viewpoints. It might feel over complicated, it might pretend to look clever, but with the introduction of new characters and continuation with previous ones, it takes into account the usefulness of each of their contribution to the plot. We gained an unusual power balance and for once, we discovered how different it felt for Bruce Wayne to not have the upper hand for longer than we expected, which was fresh. Not all blockbusters can create multiple characters and remember to include them so they feel part of it - sometimes directors neglect certain characters that could be important to the story. I loved the perception of Bane to create a politically and socially fuelled attack on the rich which was executed with such precision. It wasn't all out action - emotional aspects of action films need to be performed quite carefully and we were given a deeper and darker meaning within the film, rather than not having to explain things and so take them at face value. Christian Bale could be the only possible one to pull off such insecurity and determination, no one could look like they had another side that was properly executed, or be empathised with better. The acting was brilliant and the atmosphere gave you whatever feeling you were seeing on the screen. It wasn't at all dragged out, which I worry about with these particular lengths of film. What I didn't like about the film was the beginning, which often just peters out at the beginning of films as it just wants to get on with the film. Directors and writers shouldn't be afraid that the beginning will just go on too long so they miss out on such great achievements with the rest of the film. It also took so long for something proper to happen that Nolan usually pulls off with the Batman films. Talking isn't a problem - it's if you talk continuously and try to form the idea in a clever way when it doesn't work. In some parts, this film did try to look clever, but it tried in a particular way that is attributed to these sort of films, instead of 'hey look, I'm looking all meaningful and clever, in your face' kind of way, where you actually knew that it was pretending to be clever. In the meantime, despite some of these flaws, which you could perhaps think are significant, didn't stop it being one of the greatest films of all time. The pros majorly outweighed the cons, but what was the best attributes to this film was the mind-blowing acting of Christian Bale, where, despite being THE main character, didn't take first position in screen-time. He let other people have a chance, and director Christopher Nolan certainly helped create this film to be so breath-taking in personality as well as looks. Expand
  100. Jul 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS! I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises last night. Wow, what a disappointment. Chris Nolan needs to come up with a better plot. He used the same one for all three movies. Build up the character, knock him down, build him back up. After this movie, they can never make another Batman without starting all over again. Do you REALLY want to see Batman's origin again? Also, why is it that so many people figured out who Batman was so easily? They could have have had the same movie without that. Also, Bane. First his voice was poorly dubbed. No matter where he was what kind of room he was in his voice sounded the same. It sounded like it was pasted in. Why is it that Bane could break granite with his fists, but not cave in Batman's face? On Batman himself: why is it he could break rock with his FOOT just because he was wearing a automated knee brace? On SPOILER: Robin. I figured out who the young cop was right away. Again, even he figured out who Batman was, who didn't know? Not only was the whole nuclear bomb plot cut and paste, but poor. He takes the bomb over the ocean, and he's a hero? So much for radiation poisoning in the ENTIRE OCEAN! As soon as Alfred told Bruce the story about finding him Italy living his life you KNEW right then how the movie was going to end. When I heard that Anne Hathaway was playing Catwoman, I was like: "she weights 110 lbs and looks like she couldn't hurt a fly." But she pulled it off. She was the best part of the movie. Bruce being crippled was again, giving an early end to the character. He's supposed to be better than a normal person. Also, him "breaking" his back and FIXING it in prison was the laziest/crappiest part of the whole movie. Batman has an incredible line of characters (heroes, villains, and regular people in all of comicdom not sure why that just had to pin the entire series on Ra's Al Ghul.''

This movie felt unnecessarily big, over produced and rushed. It felt like an afterthought and a contract obligation by Nolan. I wanted to love this movie, but I can just says it's okay. I mean stop pandering to the lowest common denominator and write a smart movie. 2 out of 5 stars.

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.