The Dark Knight Rises

8.2

1. Sep 3, 2012
    This is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (finalThis is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (final scenes, a bit of cliches in Zimmer's music that resemble Inception). Michael Caine FTW! Expand
  2. Sep 2, 2012
    Bane is a boring villain. There was too much Bruce Waine drama for too few Batman action. We were required to take too many leaps of faith. The people from Gotham (I mean, the good citizens) should have had more participation in the movie. The story feels a bit recycled, with the difference that this time it also feels nonsensical at parts. Despite all of this, I truly enjoyed theBane is a boring villain. There was too much Bruce Waine drama for too few Batman action. We were required to take too many leaps of faith. The people from Gotham (I mean, the good citizens) should have had more participation in the movie. The story feels a bit recycled, with the difference that this time it also feels nonsensical at parts. Despite all of this, I truly enjoyed the conclusion of the trilogy. Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt really enhanced the movie. The climax of the movie was well developed and I liked the ending. Expand
  3. Sep 2, 2012
    The plot of the film is not very complex but is the way in which it was structured that makes the whole magnificent. I loved how they were treated the characters and each plays a primary role in the film (including Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I thought he would have a marginal role but ...). They talked about all the characters without skipping one. Fantastic as always Christian Bale,The plot of the film is not very complex but is the way in which it was structured that makes the whole magnificent. I loved how they were treated the characters and each plays a primary role in the film (including Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I thought he would have a marginal role but ...). They talked about all the characters without skipping one. Fantastic as always Christian Bale, Michael Cayne (including I loved their relation as if they were their own family), Gary Oldam and all the actors of the original cast. Of the new entries I absolutely adored Anne Hathaway in the role of Selina Kyle where it was very good and I have to say maybe even better than Michelle Pfeiffer. Then Tom Hardy who plays Bane was formidable. Him, because of the mask, had to play with eyes and it was fabulous. In his eyes he read the intelligence of Bane (not like Batman and Robin) and looking at him he seemed to be always thinking of a strategy. Wonderful action scenes that, with marvelous special effects, leaves the audience speechless. The other things that surprised me were all the metaphors used in the film that you can not help but see and I liked a lot. I must say that some hole in the script there but nothing that bothers. One thing that some said is that in the film the time passed too quickly, which is not true because if you listen to the movie you can see how time has passed and you realize that there was a time jump to the plot. So for me the film is truly a masterpiece and would recommend to everyone, fan or not, going to see it because it's worth it. Expand
  4. Sep 1, 2012
    This movie is awesome.Better than The Avengers and The Hunger Games.Too much action.It's incredible the action.I thought that there isn't a hope.But it has a hope.
  5. Aug 31, 2012
    It was really rough in the begining but by the end of the film, It was very satisfying to watch. I absolutely loved Bane and thought he was a perfect villain but he didn't get enough on screen time imo. It was a very fitting end to the trilogy.
  6. Aug 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Too long, too boring, too stupid, too predictable. When you watch first scene in airplane you think nice directing and action but the story behind it and Bane's plan was so stupid that it was too funny to watch. A plot where some body builder with mask lock all of city policeman's (smart guys!) in a subway under city and than announce it on some football game followed with unnecessary violence (trough all the scenes with Bane) to make some stupid point is rubbish. Complete and utter rubbish. Bane breaks Batman's back and he get miraculously cured hanging from a rope in a cave! He liberates all policemen ant they attack Bane's people in that legendary scene where 10 000 people is shooting on each other in 20m distance and 2 guys die! Than they drop their weapons and start to hit each other. If this were a comedy it would be much better. Who wrote that plot. Can they put at least some suspension or unpredictability in movie? I mean who didn't know Robin will be that policeman? I don't know what is worse in this move. Acting, dialog's or story.
    Other reviewers say it's deep movie? On what drug are they on? They show cat women's character as good like this: She is walking down the street. Some guys are molesting a kid without any reason. She helps the kid, beating the guys. Omg how anyone come to idea to put that scene in move. And scenes like that just pops out everywhere. Batman is fighting on one part of town and in next scene he comes and helps cat women. I thought who cut the part between? What about that scene on wall street? Where those guys who act like janitors hide their motorcycles? Why did police made ramps for them to jump over the blockade? Why did they even attack wall street on that stupid way? It was so funny to see something that unrealistic and stupid in a movie. It's deep politically and social? Yes, if you are retard. It,s so superficial that you have to laugh. Avoid if you don't won to throw 3 hours of your life.
    Only way to enjoy in this movie is to accept it's very expansively produced, good directed brainless action which will unintentionally make you laugh so many times...
  7. Aug 30, 2012
    Whilst it's by no means a bad film, it does worry me that people regard this is as the pinnacle of mainstream entertainment. Some may praise its overbearing seriousness, but for me this feels like a lazy substitute for genuine screenwriting wit and imaginative storytelling. But I could excuse this if Nolan had a flair for action set-pieces. Blockbuster films like TDKR must thrill on theWhilst it's by no means a bad film, it does worry me that people regard this is as the pinnacle of mainstream entertainment. Some may praise its overbearing seriousness, but for me this feels like a lazy substitute for genuine screenwriting wit and imaginative storytelling. But I could excuse this if Nolan had a flair for action set-pieces. Blockbuster films like TDKR must thrill on the action level or they do not serve their purpose. The occasional IMAX shot of spectacle is not a substitute for a well choreographed and inventive action scenes such as most of those in Spielberg's films, Die Hard, or Children of Men - of which numerous spring memorably to mind. The same can't be said for TDKR - apart from the plane hijack, it all seemed a bit of a repetitive haze, and no particular scene had a strong impact. In place of any clever invention using props, environment, choreography and shot selection is a pounding, relentless score and endless punching.

In fact the whole film seems to mainly operate on one pitch, there is very little ebb and flow in the staging of scenes, only plot momentum. For example, when Bane takes Gotham, it is dealt with in a quick montage, so we never get a true sense of the atmosphere of this city overturned (think perhaps Escape from New York). The natural counter to this is to claim Nolan could not make such a scene longer and at the same time tell the story he wanted to in an acceptable timeframe. Therein lies Nolan's problem. He favours dense narratives with multiple characters and subplots over atmosphere and individual scene quality, leading to lots of short scenes, all of them a bit rushed and very few immersive. This would be more acceptable if it was an ensemble drama revealing some great insights into the human condition, but it isn't. It is a film about a man who fights crime in a bat suit. An action film. As such, Nolan's approach does not make for good entertainment.
  8. Aug 29, 2012
    The best of the current Batman trilogy! Great story and acting. Good cast too! This film takes you much deeper than the previous two and also keeps you guessing throughout it. Has a great ending and keeps the doors open.
  9. Aug 29, 2012
    This movie was awesome from the beginning to the end. I never enjoyed in a movie that good since The Dark Knight. The previous movie was way better. But this one was good too, it was exciting all the time. Anne Hathaway really surprised me with such performance. Also the ending was pretty amazing.
    The only thing I didn't liked about the movie was the ending with Blake - this was unnecessary. But anyway, it's a good movie.
  10. Aug 27, 2012
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is an exciting, well-made, well-performed and well directed finale that Batman and Nolan fans will surely love this near flawless and worthy conclusion to the well loved franchise.
  11. Aug 26, 2012
    Failed to meet expectations. Christopher Nolan delivered in the beginning of this trilogy. Then he hit a home-run with THE DARK KNIGHT. I believe he failed to bring us along with BANE and develop his WHY factor. WHY was he after Batman. In each of his first two movies, you get to appreciate the villain and understand their 'WHY-factor". WHY they are attacking Batman, WHY they are the wayFailed to meet expectations. Christopher Nolan delivered in the beginning of this trilogy. Then he hit a home-run with THE DARK KNIGHT. I believe he failed to bring us along with BANE and develop his WHY factor. WHY was he after Batman. In each of his first two movies, you get to appreciate the villain and understand their 'WHY-factor". WHY they are attacking Batman, WHY they are the way they are. This was a huge failure to me since I spent most of my time asking WHY certain scenes were occurring throughout the flick. You gain the understanding at the end, however it is the distraction of asking yourself WHY that ruined the movie for me. There are movies that you will watch over and over again to discover new things that you may have missed, and even though I am a HUGE Batman fan, this will not be one of them. I do firmly believe that all of the pieces of the puzzle were there, they were just not put into the correct order for you to enjoy them. Read up on some of BANE's Bio- there is some interesting reasoning and logic as to WHY he CHOSE Gotham and Batman........his Bio, unfortunately, was way more fun to read than the reasons he chose in the movie. I understand that you can't please everyone attending a movie, however, if you can not live up to the hype that you, yourself, have built up (like Christopher Nolan has) then the let down was that much worse. Do yourself a favor and watch it when it hits BluRay just to say that you watched it....but only rent it. Expand
  12. Aug 26, 2012
    Best movie of all time, what Dark Knight has done for the genre, Rises reinforces in full force. As a matter of fact, it's about time for us as the audience to stop remarking at what an excellent comic book movie has been made and start to appreciate them for the works of art that they truly are. TDKR is a gripping, emotionally potent modern war epic that will leave you with breathlessBest movie of all time, what Dark Knight has done for the genre, Rises reinforces in full force. As a matter of fact, it's about time for us as the audience to stop remarking at what an excellent comic book movie has been made and start to appreciate them for the works of art that they truly are. TDKR is a gripping, emotionally potent modern war epic that will leave you with breathless with delight and anguish (simultaneously) by the end. Expand
  13. Aug 26, 2012
    First and foremost, the sound quality in this film is one of the worse I have heard for a major motion picture, and I saw it in IMAX which has the best sound available. Overall, I would say I understood about 2/3 of the dialogue, and only about 1/3 of Bane's dialogue. Bane wears a mask and when he speaks, for no apparent reason, there is an amplified distorted voice. On top of that heFirst and foremost, the sound quality in this film is one of the worse I have heard for a major motion picture, and I saw it in IMAX which has the best sound available. Overall, I would say I understood about 2/3 of the dialogue, and only about 1/3 of Bane's dialogue. Bane wears a mask and when he speaks, for no apparent reason, there is an amplified distorted voice. On top of that he has an accent making it even worse. When he spoke into a microphone on the football field you may as well forget trying to understand him. The rest of the movie had a VERY annoying loud cello playing in the background when people were speaking. There were no silent spots that I remember. There was even dialogue being spoken during the action scenes. My friend and I were constantly leaning over and saying "what did he say?". There is also absolutely NO humor in this film whatsoever, and in fact every person on the screen had the same angry, angst, cynical personality. As always, the special effects were superb which I would expect for a budget the size they had. There are numerous plot holes and ludicrous moments throughout. Michael Caine weeps in almost every scene. I'm a big fan of Anne Hathaway but she is a waste here. She is yet another angry kick-ass person on screen, when they could have used her for some MUCH needed humor in the film. Lastly, the movie was WAY too long. I was so relieved when it finally ended after the cacophony of noise I had to endure for 2 hours and 40 minutes. Expand
  14. Aug 26, 2012
    First off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes senseFirst off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes sense and feels complete. I would compare this movie to the Return of the Jedi. Sure it's not the best of the 3, but it creates a logical conclusion worthy of the trilogy as a whole. Expand
  15. Aug 25, 2012
    Bane is one of the best villains in a long time. Fascinatingly strange. And Nolan does a typically great job of working in other story lines without forcing it.
  16. Aug 24, 2012
    Truly amazing. Every minute was a pleasure. The ending was magnificent and rounds up everything perfectly, yet leave continuity in place for the next movie to come (as surely as it must)! Though I sympathise with the director who steps up to fill Nolan's shoes :-)

17. Aug 23, 2012
    it looks nice and has some good parts but i spent at least over hour and thirty minutes of this 2 hour 45 minute movie completely bored and it doesn't help that bane sounds like sean connery
  18. Aug 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. At first, I thought TDKR was an awesome movie, but I was still affected by the hype. As the excitement went down, I noticed several major flaws that affect the film as a whole. 1. What was the point of the blood transfusion at the beginning? 2. If Bane was so intelligent, why did he put Bruce Wayne right next to the guy that could heal his back? 3. The prison was supposed to be hell on Earth, but it was far from it. The inmates were pretty good fellows that for some reason, decide to cheer and help Bruce Wayne when he needs it. Why do they get so excited when Bruce Wayne escapes? 4. The inmates had the prison exit right in front of their faces and only a kid managed to get out? really? 5. If Batman is so intelligent, why did he end settling down with the woman that kept screwing him the entire movie? 6. Bane had the most lame conclusion the writers could come up with. It was so anticlimactic to see that Selina Kyle could do in one second what Batman couldn't do in the entire film 7. As Batman fans saw coming from a mile away, Miranda Tate was indeed Talia Al Ghul. Too bad she only has like 20 minutes of screen time and that one of the most memorable characters from the comics was reduced to a promiscuous megalomaniac. And just like Bane, she had a very poor conclusion 8. Regarding the ending, I have the impression Christopher Nolan wanted Batman to die but Warner Bros executives wouldn't let him, so he had no other choice but to go with a corny nonsensical conclusion 9. The part where TDKR resembles Batman and Robin is in how Bane is portrayed as the pawn of an evil crazy slut. 10. Why did Bruce Wayne had his leg wounded all that time when he could have easily fixed it in the beginning with that device he uses later? 11. The way John Blake deduces Batman's identity is too random and I never bought it. 12. The first 30 minutes of TKDR are just boring exposition which is quite hard to follow at times. 13. The fact that Joker is never mentioned in the movie. I know they didn't speak of him in respect to Heath Ledger, but at least they could have used an audio track of his laughter just to point out Joker is still hanging around. 14. There's no way in the real world a woman ends in a male prison. 15. The Robin twist at the ending was pointless keeping in mind TDKR is the last Nolan Batman movie so it will most likely go nowhere. It was only there for fanboys to say "wow! he's Robin, let's get excited!" They could have named the character Dick Grayson and it wouldn't have made any difference. Not to mention Joseph Gordon Levitt is too old to be Robin by now. In any case, he could be Nightwing. Expand
  19. Aug 23, 2012
    I liked the previous two movies, but in a nutshell this movie was more of a political campaign than a Batman movie. The movie starts of right where the prequel ended. Awesome right? Wrong! New characters just pop in out of nowhere and the worse part is that Batman knows them. The connection between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises is poor unlike Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.I liked the previous two movies, but in a nutshell this movie was more of a political campaign than a Batman movie. The movie starts of right where the prequel ended. Awesome right? Wrong! New characters just pop in out of nowhere and the worse part is that Batman knows them. The connection between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises is poor unlike Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. There are some ridiculous plot-holes and in some scenes the border of realism has been stepped over too far. Especially one scene that includes characters with no weapons just running at other characters fully armed with automatic weapons. Bane is the main villain in this movie and the characters suffers from more problems than being very inaccurately taken out from the originals. There is no sense why would anyone follow him even to death. Also Batman's voice hasn't been fixed especially when he interrogates a person. The worse part is that we barely get to see Batman, but all we get is Bruce Wayne in an annoying situation. Also the movie introduces a new character from the originals who dies immediately. Also Bane has no conclusion, he gets forgotten in the plot. Also the ending seems more like the beginning than the conclusion. The movie focuses on what would happen if ''the people'' get the authority and ''the people'' are shown as mindless thugs and the good guys are rich company and bank executives. The political message couldn't be made more obvious than this. This new way of advertisement for political parties has completely ruined the movie. This movie may be the best example of advertisements used in entertainment and then getting over-hyped. Expand
  20. Aug 22, 2012
    Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film,Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film, I can clearly say that it was worth waiting for! The amount of anticipation and that hype it created was too enormous and it all got paid off. Nobody has ever made superhero films like Christopher Nolan, hence this trilogy is the best superhero trilogy. The acting, the direction, the screenplay, the cinematography, the production design, the costumes, the CGIs, the great cast and not releasing it in 3D being one of the most important things; everything about this film was flawless. Moving on to this film, the epic conclusion, I have no words to explain how happy I felt after watching it. Christian Bale's performance as Batman was mesmerizing as ever. And the way Tom Hardy performed as Bane was just astounding, he kept me terrified throughout the film especially after taking over Gotham city. Another important thing to notice was Bane's character, I read somewhere a couple of days ago that it is a superhero film without a superhero, and this is correct. This film focused more on Bane and the Gotham city. Another interesting part was when Bane actually broke Batman's back and sent him to prison, and then Batman rises again and comes back to save his city, that bit was too awesome. Anne Hathaway shined as Catwoman, I liked her performance as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt's. Every single person in this film did more than amazing and turned it into a masterpiece. Hats off to Christopher Nolan for giving us a masterpiece, a trilogy that would be remembered for centuries. I would really like if this film gets all the big nominations in the Academy Awards and actually wins the Best Picture. This would be the best thing ever! Expand
  21. Aug 22, 2012
    This is one hell of a conclusion to the best superhero franchise of all time. The bar is set so high that its going to take a lot to top it. This franchise managed to pit all this in reality and that is what makes it so chilling. When it comes to Bane he is as great as the Joker with an added bonus that you really feel scared that the bat may not make it out of this one. Hardy is great butThis is one hell of a conclusion to the best superhero franchise of all time. The bar is set so high that its going to take a lot to top it. This franchise managed to pit all this in reality and that is what makes it so chilling. When it comes to Bane he is as great as the Joker with an added bonus that you really feel scared that the bat may not make it out of this one. Hardy is great but I personally think that nobody topples Caine as Alfred. All his scenes are memorable to say the least. Bale is just as great, playing Batman as a kick ass with the right amount of frailty add that realistic touch. Gordon-Levitt also adds that dashing look even tough his role is hardly glamorous. If you really want to nit pick you can say that some scenes are a bit over the top, but that is just that nit picking at what's one of the greatest movies of the year. Anne is also superb as Catwoman adding spice to an already delicious recipe. There are surprising twists and those that are not, but all of them are executed with grace and excellent in their own regard. As a whole this is a fitting conclusion to the Bat. Expand
  22. Aug 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First things first, this is definitely not too long, I finished watching and still wanted more of the awesome action. It is not as dark as the Dark Knight, but is almost as good. The acting again (like the first two) is top-notch, with the Batman regulars all acting at their best alongside the new recruits (other than there were a couple of times when I didn't understand what was being said). Catwoman is pretty much perfect in the film, leaving me with a "Year One" taste lingering in my mouth afterwards and Bane was awesome, not Joker awesome but awesome enough, as you really do feel the power of Bane in his punches and character. However, there were a couple of things that just happened, firstly, when Alfred leaves, he just leaves with no more explanation (a minor fault really, as it is explained why he leaves). Secondly, Bane's death was just a little too... fast, but he did break Batman's back which is all kinds of good :) The film wasn't very complicated, and the ending was absolutely fantastic, perfectly rounding things off. While the film wasn't quite up to the incredibly high standards of its predecessor, it is by far the best film I have seen for two years (Toy Story 3 was the last "masterpiece" I saw in the cinema) and definitely lives up to the hype. The Dark Knight Rises is a perfect mix of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight and will (probably) be the best film released this year, so go watch it for goodness sake! Expand
  23. Aug 22, 2012
    Probably the best Batman ever! I love Batman so that is saying something. Bane is one of the best villains ever too. Seen it three times, getting ready for a fourth. So sick!!!
  24. Aug 21, 2012
    Never wanted to cry more at the end of a movie. Amazing. Words cannot describe this movie. This movie gives reason to believe there is still hope for America.
  25. Aug 21, 2012
    Well what can i say about this movie...it was pretty good but it was extremely long more than 2 hours wtf i was getting cranky but overall it was good
  26. Aug 20, 2012
    To long for my taste. They could have made a better movie if they just cut the fat. I liked the ending but fond the plot abusrd and the twists where predicable.
  27. Aug 20, 2012
    Doesn't come close to the previous Batman. In fact its not a Batman period. They throw in the music of the first batman and some nice directing but that not a movie. If you want to enjoy this 'movie' go buy the soundtrack its about all there is to enjoy in it. The acting is good but because all the characters are recycled and pointless compared to the previous you can't say there is anyDoesn't come close to the previous Batman. In fact its not a Batman period. They throw in the music of the first batman and some nice directing but that not a movie. If you want to enjoy this 'movie' go buy the soundtrack its about all there is to enjoy in it. The acting is good but because all the characters are recycled and pointless compared to the previous you can't say there is any real reason to wasting a persons time nor money on seeing the pile of **** endo! They didn't like my ip address because i gave it a rating of zero. Expand
  28. Aug 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, simply put, was pure genius. Noland really pulled it off amazingly. He took the dark grittiness of the comic books and conveyed it like no other director has. I've noticed a lot of reviews such as people being annoyed that there is no way he could have escaped the bomb. I get that this is a large plot hole, for those of you that don't know batman. If you did, you would know that plot holes like this are what make the batman franchise. Batman is entity of mystery and pique human physique, i get that just anyone couldn't have survived it, but Batman is, and forever shall be, a superhero. This means he is able to pull off super human feats. They are not explained because giving away everything would make Batman lose his super quality. Another review i read stated that they didn't like the fact that Robin was basically useless. I think what people fail to realize is that it is essential for Robin to feel useless. This later will fuel his desire to make a difference, to don his balaclava and become more than just a cop, just a man, but more than a man. He will become a symbol, whether as Robin or as Nightwing, it is essential that he must feel powerless in order to feel like he needs to change to make a difference. We must remember that this is a superhero movie, making things like resetting a vertebrae what makes Batman "super". Bane was on par with Joker as a super villain. It represented what was most dangerous about Bane, not his muscles, not his addiction to venom, but his tactical mind. This was dumbed down in previous Batman movies but this does an excellent job portraying it. This movie also included the depth the villains are willing to go to achieve their goals. Raz;s daughter infiltrated Wayne Enterprises in order for her plan to come to fruition. Its dedication like that that is making it worth while to destroy Gotham. Great Movie! Expand
  29. Aug 18, 2012
    I loved this movie. I love this series. It stands alone as a pantheon of cinema, not just within the superhero genre. That being said, the second film is the best in the series, it's 'Empire Strikes Back' if you will. As I was watching it I viewed it as a masterpiece. Once I had some time to digest it, I began to notice points of inconsistency and plain stupidity on the part of theI loved this movie. I love this series. It stands alone as a pantheon of cinema, not just within the superhero genre. That being said, the second film is the best in the series, it's 'Empire Strikes Back' if you will. As I was watching it I viewed it as a masterpiece. Once I had some time to digest it, I began to notice points of inconsistency and plain stupidity on the part of the filmmakers. For instance, after the cops are rescued from beneath the city, they appear wearing freshly pressed uniforms and are cleanly shaven. Keep in mind that they were under for almost 3 months, this seems highly unlikely. They barely had basic supplies let alone a drycleaner and razorblades. Also, once Batman escapes from the prison, he somehow enters a completely locked down Gotham without anyone noticing or any visible means of transportation. Finally, Bane's age is somewhat difficult to swallow. He appears to be in his twenties when he helps Talia escape the prison, where she is probably about 8 or 9. In the film she appears to be somwhere in her late thirties to early forties, meaning that Bane is somewhere in his fifties and possibly even sixties. It seems unlikely for him to be that old, considering he looks to be in his late twenties to early thirties (at least to me). Expand
  30. Aug 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Everything felt rushed, miscued & unexplained in the last 90 minutes. The last 30 minutes made generally no sense. After Batman 2 which was brilliant, this movie had me consistently asking why were most of the characters so idiotic in their thinking. A few bad actors in place as well; and the ending? Really? How could Batman survive that? Maybe if his batwing morphed int an amphibious craft. Just a LOT of unexplained holes that had you asking, how'd he get there?, why don't they just...? I really hate it when movie that supposed to be great, leaves you analyzing the direction job. The voice of Bane to me just didn't fit either, it sounded like a 70 year old college professor. Expand
  31. Aug 18, 2012
    A 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie. Bane made me shiver. Tom Hardy did an excellent job playing such an evil part. The twists were just as great. By far though, the star of the movie wasA 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie. Bane made me shiver. Tom Hardy did an excellent job playing such an evil part. The twists were just as great. By far though, the star of the movie was Anne Hathaway for her stunning performance as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She played the role like she has been that person her whole life. Absolutely stunning. My only complaint was that they didn't include Bane's backstory, but other than that, this film was a site to behold. Christian Bale did his finest work as the playboy billionaire turned hero Bruce Wayne/Batman. David S. Goyer wrote a fantastic story as well. The end of the movie was a total cliffhanger also. Everybody in the theater thought this may actually be the end, but turns out, it may not be the end. Here comes sequels... Christopher Nolan, you have done it again. Expand
  32. Aug 17, 2012
    It was good. However, it wasn't great. To me, the movie could have been a bit shorter. Also, Bane was a dissapointing villain. The story was good but I feel that it could have been better. However, I feel that the best lines and overall best actor was Michael Caine (Alfred). Other actors and actresses were good but I think the movie as a whole could have been a bit better.
  33. Aug 16, 2012
    Christopher Nolan returns to surprise us with their talent in this latest installment of the trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises. With a good cast, with a dash well structured, with shocking music, with a plot in constant suspense, with a good close, Nolan takes Batman another level. Darker, dramatic and shattering than any other film of a comic book superhero. Hopefully this great directorChristopher Nolan returns to surprise us with their talent in this latest installment of the trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises. With a good cast, with a dash well structured, with shocking music, with a plot in constant suspense, with a good close, Nolan takes Batman another level. Darker, dramatic and shattering than any other film of a comic book superhero. Hopefully this great director back soon with another of his great movies. Expand
  34. Aug 16, 2012
    The closing chapter to Nolan's Batman Trilogy does not dissapoint. The story is quite elaborate...for a superhero film. The film has a realistic feel and everything looks quite believable thx to the fantastic VFX and set construction. The one strange thing that bothered me a bit was that this movie takes place almost completely during the day, which undermines the 'eternal darkness'The closing chapter to Nolan's Batman Trilogy does not dissapoint. The story is quite elaborate...for a superhero film. The film has a realistic feel and everything looks quite believable thx to the fantastic VFX and set construction. The one strange thing that bothered me a bit was that this movie takes place almost completely during the day, which undermines the 'eternal darkness' feeling that seemed to hang over Gotham in the previous films. But if you've seen the first 2 you'll want to know how it ends right ;) Expand
  35. Aug 15, 2012
    BANANAANANANANANANANANANANA BATMAN!!..
    This was a very worthy conclusion to the epic batman trilogy..
    Sexy!, Action Packed!, Explosions and **** This is a fantastic movie, a must watch!..
    Stop reading this review and watch the Goddamn Movie!!
  36. Aug 15, 2012
    This is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight RisesThis is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight Rises was awesome and never had any slight boredom while watching this film. Expand
  37. Aug 15, 2012
    'Rises' doesn't quite live up to the legacy of the film by which all superhero films are compared to (TDK) but delivers enough spectacle, emotional depth, epic scope to Nolan's Universe and brooding tone to define itself proudly as the operatic final chapter to a trilogy which masterfully leaped beyond the apparent boudaries of a comic-book film. Nolan's changed things - forever.
  38. Aug 14, 2012
    Muy buena película y muy buena trilogía. sinceramente no creo que alguien pueda hacer una mejor película con un mejor final sobre Batman. el villano Bane tal vez no sea mejor que el Joker de The Dark knight pero en términos generales la película cumple con lo esperado. muy buenas actuaciones e historia , totalmente recomendada.
  39. Aug 14, 2012
    Nolan has made an absolute masterpiece on an epic scale. It may not be as good as the Dark Knight and doesn't have a performance like Ledgers, but it is far superior to every other movie out there.
  40. Aug 13, 2012
    If I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks toIf I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks to the Harvey Dent protocol established by Jim Gordon. However one man knows the secret about Dent, a terrorist by the name of Bane. Bane reveals the truth about Dent thereby setting free all of Gotham's prisoners. Batman must once again rise to the challenge and stop this madman calling for allies of the likes of Catwoman, Robin and his massive armoury that he has amassed over the year for a fight that will bring both you and Gotham City to its knees. Expand
  41. Aug 13, 2012
    The final installment in Christopher Nolan's trilogy of Batman movies has a lot of things going for it. The usage of practical effects, the entertaining performances from Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy, and the sometimes brilliant action sequences (particularly in the film's opening) can be exhilarating. However, the whole affair feels like a cobbled together mess with a script that neverThe final installment in Christopher Nolan's trilogy of Batman movies has a lot of things going for it. The usage of practical effects, the entertaining performances from Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy, and the sometimes brilliant action sequences (particularly in the film's opening) can be exhilarating. However, the whole affair feels like a cobbled together mess with a script that never feels like it progressed beyond its first initial rough draft. The sound mixing is extremely wonky, the pacing is all over the place, and the story has way too many plot holes for the supposedly "realistic" world that Nolan is presenting. That's not to say the other films didn't, but the previous installments weren't heavily burdened with the hammy dialogue, inconsistent characters, and the hokey undeserved ending this movie had. Ultimately, this opinion is in the minority and people really seem to like this movie. That's great for them. But it in the opinion of this reviewer that the franchise deserved and needed a far better conclusion than this highly disappointing third act to an otherwise great series of movies. Expand
  42. Aug 12, 2012
    After many days of waiting I finally got to see The Dark Knight Rises and the one question a lot of people probably want to know is what did I think of the movie. Dark Knight rises is a good film and is much better than the other superhero movies of the summer. However, Dark Knight Rises is a good film and a fitting end to the series it is by no means a great film and I did not enjoy it asAfter many days of waiting I finally got to see The Dark Knight Rises and the one question a lot of people probably want to know is what did I think of the movie. Dark Knight rises is a good film and is much better than the other superhero movies of the summer. However, Dark Knight Rises is a good film and a fitting end to the series it is by no means a great film and I did not enjoy it as much as the other Batman films.

Dark Knight Rises takes place 8 or 11 years after the events of Dark Knight (2008). Bruce Wayne has given up being Batman and gone into retirement. Now anew threat known as Bane has shown up and is causing trouble in Gothan. Also there
  43. Aug 12, 2012
    I'm saying it right now: This kicked "The Avengers" ass, placing this movie to be my favorite film of the year so far. Not to mention that this final installment solidly places Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy to be the best superhero series in cinema (It could have been Spider-Man if "Spider-Man 3" didn't **** everything up). I have to place this movie at the bottom of the installments,I'm saying it right now: This kicked "The Avengers" ass, placing this movie to be my favorite film of the year so far. Not to mention that this final installment solidly places Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy to be the best superhero series in cinema (It could have been Spider-Man if "Spider-Man 3" didn't **** everything up). I have to place this movie at the bottom of the installments, leaving "Batman Begins" still my favorite installment, but that in no way in hell means that the term "weak" can be applied in this movie. It's incredibly difficult to compare the installments to each other, because all of them are so different from each other, in their types of genres alone. "Batman Begins" is crime noir, "The Dark Knight" is a pyschological thriller, while "The Dark Knight Rises" is an event action-oriented spectacle. Yes, this movie lacks some of the logic that the previous film have, along with the plot being a mess at times, but that in no way makes it any less of a great movie. Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman is fantastic, Tom Hardy as Bane definitely gives off a threatening presence, while JGL as John Blake/Robin makes as a strong and likable character. The film easily is the most comic book movie of the entire trilogy, but it's done well with the vision of scope and spectacle that Nolan provides. Again, awesome movie. Can't wait to see it again. A satisfying conclusion to the best superhero series in cinema. Expand
  44. Aug 12, 2012
    When I first saw this film, I stood up and said how lame it was. But after finding that so many other people liked it, I went back, and yeah, it worked much better for me. But I had to concentrate so hard. Medication side-effects means that short-term memory loss is going to hit me in this kind of situation, and the fact that there are so many new characters didn't always work in myWhen I first saw this film, I stood up and said how lame it was. But after finding that so many other people liked it, I went back, and yeah, it worked much better for me. But I had to concentrate so hard. Medication side-effects means that short-term memory loss is going to hit me in this kind of situation, and the fact that there are so many new characters didn't always work in my favour. But there are good visual effects, Bane works well as an evil character, a certain naughty cat burglar wheres a lovely little outfit and I'll probably buy it on DVD to finish off my collection of the trilogy. Expand
  45. Aug 12, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises has problems with pace and new characters not fully flushed out but despite all that it still manages to be one of the most densely themed trilogies ever. Better than Begins, not Dark Knight. Amazing score as always, it will be stay on my iPod for sometime.
  46. Aug 12, 2012
    Watched it in front of an IMAX screen in the cinema, and as the curtain call of Nolan
  47. Aug 12, 2012
    ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' wants to be the epic conclusion for the most highly appreciate trilogy of the last years and almost succeeds to be, but it doesn't beat the high standard set by its predecessor. ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' is ambitious, has an maximum entertaining potential, it's very spectacular and reaches the peak of action in the series, but in this thrill for action, Nolan,,The Dark Knight Rises'' wants to be the epic conclusion for the most highly appreciate trilogy of the last years and almost succeeds to be, but it doesn't beat the high standard set by its predecessor. ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' is ambitious, has an maximum entertaining potential, it's very spectacular and reaches the peak of action in the series, but in this thrill for action, Nolan forgets something, gives a little, the air of commercial, but the same time an excellent air of impressive and big. The atmosphere created for the movie is perfect at all chapters from soundtrack to visuals, from special effects to costumes. The thin snow, the effect of cold and darkness, the fall and rise attitude, the atmosphere supporting music, the looks of city and people are all perfectly mixed at gives an epic air to Gotham, as well as to whole movie. Nolan presents here, not an individual story, ,,Batman can be anyone" but multiple characters in a bigger action and the collective in an epic rise. Batman enters slowly in a small shadow and the felling of collective comes forward to take the justice. A parallel between the villains of this two last movie is needed and in my opinion, in this one Bane is as perfect as Joker, is frightening, strong in both mind and body, fearless, has an interesting vision over the world, is the pure evil incarnated, his replies and dialogues are very good, the voice, the body, the look are all fear inspire and make Bane the perfect villain for this conclusion and for the biggest trial for both Batman and Gotham as well. Nolan sets in the last two movies of the trilogy the villain on a high pedestal, maybe higher than Batman and Bane do its part very, very good in this last contest. If the first movie is Batman's confrontation with himself and his ,,dark side'', the second is the confrontation of Batman and a mad enemy, Joker, the last movie brings the confrontation of collective, Batman rise and seeks justice against a bigger and diverse contest. A movie of redemption, fall and rise, fight for freedom and justice, fight against fear and darkness, ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' takes the peak for the word ,,rise'' in a movie and brings a epic conclusion to Nolan's Batman trilogy as well as making Batman the greatest superhero of all times in my opinion. Expand
  48. Aug 11, 2012
    This movie is directed at 16 year old boys and folks with an IQ below 90. While I enjoyed the previous Dark Knight movies (Nolan has produced and directed well-written stories) the TDKR plot is absurd even for a comic book action movie. The villain (Bane) is mostly masked and his voice was mostly unrecognizable: half-the time it was garbled; the other half is was drown out by the bloodThis movie is directed at 16 year old boys and folks with an IQ below 90. While I enjoyed the previous Dark Knight movies (Nolan has produced and directed well-written stories) the TDKR plot is absurd even for a comic book action movie. The villain (Bane) is mostly masked and his voice was mostly unrecognizable: half-the time it was garbled; the other half is was drown out by the blood oozing from my ears for the sound shaking the theatre. The movie is a chaotic mess from poor character development, to poor writing, to sub-plots that should have been left on the cutting room floor (the prison scene-WTF?) to an ending that is farcical. In this movie I never really cared what happened to Batman (and some very bad things do happen to him) much less connect or identify in any way with any of the characters. Shockingly, the movie makes a half-assed attempt at a political statement when Bane parrots phrases most recently heard from the Occupy movement thereby intentionally or not associating evil with the forces that believe the wealthy and the corporations have screwed the middle and lower classes. Thank god the Police are there to save the day! This movie-and its entire team-is out of ideas and gas. Just like most athletes after signing their big contract, give a director too big a budget and too much praise and you can count on his next work being a POS. Expand
  49. Aug 11, 2012
    Seen it before. The Dark Knight series are by far the best of the genre but are getting tired. The plot felt contrived and even the shocking twists weren't much of a surprise. That said even though no one was surprised by the ending it left me looking forward to the next installment.
    The Occupy Wall Street themes are present but only the political witch hunters will cheer them. It won't change the minds of the disgruntled hippie types.
  50. Aug 10, 2012
    ths one of the wonderfull movies in this year and the actors are very good, in fact Anne Hathaway impressed me because she is very good in this movie i love her caracter and the end is fantastic
  51. Aug 10, 2012
    Very well done conclusion to the trilogy with enough plot to have easily made up two movies and taken up over four hours. As it stands, the plot was squeezed and rushed through an already long time frame, but the movie comes out aces due to great performances from Caine, Bale, and Hathaway.
  52. Aug 10, 2012
    Wannabe, wanna be, therefore it is. Let's face it: Dark Knight was good, a very good film, but frankly it was almost exclusively that good, because it was a sort of adaptation of Alan Moore's "Killing Joke" and because, despite the hysteria of Heath Ledger's dramatic and unfortunate death, The Joker was a great one, a master villain. I will not compare it with Jack Nicholson's because thatWannabe, wanna be, therefore it is. Let's face it: Dark Knight was good, a very good film, but frankly it was almost exclusively that good, because it was a sort of adaptation of Alan Moore's "Killing Joke" and because, despite the hysteria of Heath Ledger's dramatic and unfortunate death, The Joker was a great one, a master villain. I will not compare it with Jack Nicholson's because that one was exceptional. Ledger's was very good, almost excellent. The residual memory emerges from this point; people want "The Dark Knight Rises" to be a sequel of that excellency, as I did, as Nolan forced us to believe so... as some kind of religious belief keeping us blindly seeing the way it was supposed to be, but it wasn't. It wasn't indeed, as the first of Nolan's trilogy it was a disbelief and a mime of the second. Without a matured anti-hero, this Batman collapses.

Somewhere somehow if not already at the plane, I started to feel I was being fooled by the Hollywood machine, again and again; my "want it to be as so" was there no more, vanishing, while I gradually started to notice the annoying, repeating and exaggerated soundtrack pushing me for a critical pause. Hans Zimmer made me seriously question about everything in this movie, existentially, if indeed I was facing the terrifying possibility of seeing another 2 hours of hollowed clichés noised by a syrupy music... another disappointment to add. You name it, Star Wars, Prometheus, Conan... I tried, I really did, I even said to myself to take it easy at my criticism and expectation, but there was no emotion to attach with, instead the music was continuously persisting in forcing the spectator to delude himself that indeed there was, like a crazy frantic miraged dance going to nowhere subliming the emptiness.

Simply put, the narrative didn't allow me to empathize with the characters, all of it was forced like an hyperactive quest to push the audience for an illusion of a final master piece, an idea that would be preferable not to be discarded, like a comfortable thought as nice as a wall separating the movie from the spectator. We were comfortably eating popcorns nicely throwing the bags to the floor.

I didn't like Bate's Bat forced voice, I don't like his costume, I haven't felt jubilated when he arose from the ashes, I kept wondering about Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns": what a pale reflex this film was revealing itself, bad omen I was getting bored, I wondered about the time of the intermezzo that would never come. I felt myself observing a hysterical sequence of forced dramatic situations, not realism, not Bat's Gothic existentialism. There was no voyeurism, there was no personal attachment, there was no time to feel emotionally connected... there was right in front of your nose... another banal Hollywood film using a Batman's stamp, a "Bruce Wayne's" costume fairy tail.

You have to be given compassed storyline hidden behind a door's hole, like preparing for the battle tasting a good cup of old wine expecting the confronting dilemma of mirroring yourself, like Alan Moore's and Frank Miller's Batman art of questioning... not this artificial and plastic speaking dolls acting for a spoiled audience, for statistics and budget and major gross openings! Michael Caine, I would punch your nose, how could you let this happen?

Everyone speaks about Bale's voice... heck with it! But of course it's strange, but of course, you just have to wonder you are a human being deprived from your childhood, although a noble guardian of a child's innocence... his own lost one... no? Great potential, great inner thought, great professional and passionate commitment and study, Tom Hardy's personification... but not properly explored by his director. You weren't given time or you weren't properly presented to his drama simply put. It was illustrated as just another sketched brute villain, with an Ah...! here he is, surpassed by the next one, Ah... here he is no more... and after a Oh...! a magical ethereal Batman is again, with his darn forced bad ass voice, right from the canonic pit of the survivors to smack the forces of evil.

I won't spoil the storytelling although I was spoiled by this film's lack of depth rich of busted expectations. Like every popcorn movie, this one innovates itself... it's Gothic an it has wings; obviously satisfies one's expectation behaving as just as commonly as a epidermic chain of pretentious tragic sensations, clichés, totally predicted and totally comfortable. And don't tell me this is just a comic movie, don't be so intellectual you say... Oh yes? Don't throw me that load of crap, because Nolan wanted this trilogy to surpass the previous ones using as trump two of the most darker comic book authors: Alan Moore and Frank Miller. If anything was to be expected, it was fulfilling expectations!
  53. Aug 10, 2012
    Its a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batmanIts a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batman is just impossible. Expand
  54. Aug 9, 2012
    To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character.To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character. Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job, and really surprised me as Selina Kyle. I also liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, and loved how they used his character in the film.

While it seemed a little rushed at times, even at 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought Nolan managed to wrap everything up nicely in the end. A fitting conclusion to what has become my new favorite trilogy.
  55. Aug 9, 2012
    Many thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie with joker was terrifying, emotional and amazing, but it nothing compared to this one. This one is so much more, action, emotion, terror, and a touch ofMany thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie with joker was terrifying, emotional and amazing, but it nothing compared to this one. This one is so much more, action, emotion, terror, and a touch of humor. This movie is one for the ages and will last forever. Expand
  56. Aug 9, 2012
    Although it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usualAlthough it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usual Nolan punch and the emotions run higher than ever as the movie unfolds. Ultimately, The Dark Knight Rises ends Nolan's Batman trilogy on a high note and secures his franchise a spot in the archives of the all time greats. Expand
  57. Aug 9, 2012
    A good film but not up to the prequels! Catwoman is poorly characterized, Batman seems kept in the background leaving space to Bane mostly and this film looks a TV detective series more than a movie inspired by Batman! Beyond this the movie has written good and it's enought enjoyable. Sufficiency is deserved.
  58. Aug 8, 2012
    Though at times slow and uninteresting (which was salvaged by the soundtrack), the movie is captivating and makes you see it again. It has a harmonic amount of comedy and drama, boosted with never-ending anti-cliche fighting scenes. You may start to think that you can guess how it ends, but mister Nolan brings probably the best ending I've ever seen.
  59. Aug 8, 2012
    An absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plotAn absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plot holes" that many speak of are actually misconceptions as there were explanations regarding these plot holes but not in an obvious form because they needn't be- Plus He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN!!!! Expand
  60. Aug 8, 2012
    It's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many otherIt's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many other films this year that have such a rich, deep, and fantastic story as TDKR. The master shots are beautiful, the characters are distinct and intriguing, the progression is swift and goes well, even if it's a little on the longer side. Still it's 2 hours and 45 minutes of the best story hollywood has to offer. It deserves an Oscar nomination I'd say, and easily reigns as the best film of the year, along with topping off the best film trilogy of all time. Expand
  61. Aug 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think theChristopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think the movie as a whole was great as the rest of the series and it ended things where you can wonder what happened after and where if thats it then you can be satisfied knowing things ended well. Expand
  62. Aug 8, 2012
    It was a pretty damn good movie, it had a very strong plot and story, the acting was very good, although I can imagine the actor who played Bane was having fun walking around not saying anything. I can't help but say though, that 'The Dark Knight' was much better than the 3rd installment, without the Joker, no Batman film will ever be the same.
  63. Aug 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan is an amazing film maker. Lets face it Batman is not the easiest to bring into the real world and not have it be cheesy or unrealistic (see Tommy Lee Jones). Reverting back to the League of Shadows story line was brilliant considering the loss of the Joker as a potential story. The movies was by no means perfect, but it made its points clearly and more importantlyChristopher Nolan is an amazing film maker. Lets face it Batman is not the easiest to bring into the real world and not have it be cheesy or unrealistic (see Tommy Lee Jones). Reverting back to the League of Shadows story line was brilliant considering the loss of the Joker as a potential story. The movies was by no means perfect, but it made its points clearly and more importantly entertainingly. The holes in the story drive me nuts but maybe thats just me looking too deep into a superhero movie. I know this, Nolan made the best version of Batman that could have been made in todays movie industry. Expand
  64. Aug 8, 2012
    Not as good as the first batman, much less the second Batman it is a testament to Nolan that this film is so highly criticized but would be still the best Batman film in existence if the other two didn't exist (and yes, I've seen almost every Batman film in existence, including animated ones). A great satisfactory conclusion to the trilogy and a fitting sendoff.
  65. Aug 7, 2012
    This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music,This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music, it was all amazing!! All of this batman films stand alone and they altogether establish one of the best trilogies of all time... and the fact that it deals with a superhero is impressive! Overall the movie is a glorious achievement for Nolan and the icing on the cake for this near perfect trilogy!! I recommend to see twice!! Expand
  66. Aug 7, 2012
    Extremely well done movie... Epic scenes....Tom Hardy did an amazing performance....It's a shame that the voice was very criticized. It's a great ending for this amazing and epic saga. Anne Hathaway...best Catwoman yet. Loved the great scale scenes. Powerful Ending
  67. Aug 7, 2012
    Being a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixed feelings about it probably because I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. At the same time I felt gutted that this would be it as Nolan wouldn'tBeing a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixed feelings about it probably because I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. At the same time I felt gutted that this would be it as Nolan wouldn't be making any more.
    After reading numerous reviews on here and in other places, I felt compelled to see it again.
    So, last night I did. So glad I did. Even though I knew how the film ended it was still an exciting experience. My cinema ticket (which was in my hand), had been ripped to pieces towards the climax.
    On second viewing you get a chance to take much more in.
    The acting was superb across the board with Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle the best of the lot.
    I never doubted for a minute she would be a great choice and she didn't let me down.
    Can't wait for the DVD release which will hopefully have extended scenes. When that comes out I will watch the whole trilogy in it's entirety.
    Brilliant ending to a brilliant Batman series beautifully directed by the master of modern film making.
    Classic.
  68. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break toThe Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break to let new information sink in, but that's really just me nitpicking. I'm not going to go over the plot because honestly we all know what the plot is at this point.The charcters have never been better and Tom Hardy is phenomenal as Bane. Bane is the most intimidating character in the series by far and Hardy coveys with a spectacular performance driven by body language and a little too much going on behind the eyes. This movie cements the trilogy as more of a character study than anything else with Bruce Wayne/ Batman at the center. The only thing you should know is that The Dark Knight Rises is well worth your time and money, is an absolute triumph, and is the best movie of 2012 so far. This is best farewell cinema has ever seen and needs to be recognized as such. Expand
  69. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because theyThe Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because they never mention the joker, but Bayne was a great bad guy, Tom Hardy played him well. Anne Hathaway was suprisingly amazing at playing the Catwoman which has been in various batman movies. The acting for the movie was incredible, The story was great, The visuals were equally as good, and the soundtrack blew me away, not to mention the suprises in the end. Michael Caine, was brilliant as Alfred. Joseph Gordon- Levitt was amazing and all in all this was an amazing movie. This movie included various political and social problems and set them into a superhero movie. Christopher Nolan should be proud of this piece of art that he has delivered to us. Expand
  70. Aug 6, 2012
    What I Like To Call
    Movie Of The Year
  71. Aug 6, 2012
    How The Dark Knight Rises got away with such generous reviews is a bit of a mystery to me. Well not really, I suppose when fans put so much pressure on critics as to send them death threats it kinda has an influence on them. Not to mention the giant hype behind the movie, yes I guess everything adds up. Everything except for a small detail: the movie is just garbage. Yes the movie doesHow The Dark Knight Rises got away with such generous reviews is a bit of a mystery to me. Well not really, I suppose when fans put so much pressure on critics as to send them death threats it kinda has an influence on them. Not to mention the giant hype behind the movie, yes I guess everything adds up. Everything except for a small detail: the movie is just garbage. Yes the movie does look great in IMAX, but again so did Transformers 3, that doesn't make a movie good by itself, you need more than that. Where's the interesting plot? Bad guys come make Gotham explode, THAT's the best they could come up with? Hmm ok, well at least the pacing must be good right? Nope, the thing lasts for 2 hours and 40 mins, with lots of time wasted on pointless exposition and not enough well, actually getting the movie going. OK ok, yes this is not so great but the characters have to be really good I'm sure. Yeah well guess what since almost every character from the previous films ended up dead, we have to start all over with new ones, which means we don't get to know them, and we waste precious time introducing them, and even then they're that great to begin with. Bane is incredibly bland and is basically just a glorified body guard, Selina Kyle is a lot of fun but totally unnecessary (you could easily write her out of the film with almost no change), and Miranda Tate just comes way too late into the trilogy to have any chance of being memorable. The only new character that was well developed is Blake, but then again so much time is dedicated to him instead of, well friggin Batman... you know the thing you actually go see a Batman movie for. And to add insult to injury, Nolan takes his audience for absolute idiots, with a script that is filled with inconsistencies and contradictions; scenes would start in daylight and then it's night 2 seconds later, characters would get mortally wounded only to be fine few minutes later magically (for a trilogy that prides itself in blending realism with comic books that's just inexcusable), and so on and so forth for the entire movie. This movie is a let down plain and simple, I knew it could never be as great as The Dark Knight, but I sure wasn't prepare for it to be this awful. Expand
  72. Aug 6, 2012
    The dark Night rises was not worth the watch the lighting of my wallet was considerably noticeable after this film. Bruce Wayne does not lose cartilage, he doesn't allow a maid to rob him blind unnoticed and he certainly doesn't get thrown in a hole. Poor movie expected more the fact that there was only one point in the movie that actually caught me off guard means the dark night risesThe dark Night rises was not worth the watch the lighting of my wallet was considerably noticeable after this film. Bruce Wayne does not lose cartilage, he doesn't allow a maid to rob him blind unnoticed and he certainly doesn't get thrown in a hole. Poor movie expected more the fact that there was only one point in the movie that actually caught me off guard means the dark night rises should have stayed in bed. Expected more. Expand
  73. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever ifThe Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever if you arent a batman fan. Christan Bale and Christopher Nolan yet again bring in the big bucks with this masterpiece. Expand
  74. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to the Batman Trilogy. The story clips aong throughout the entire movie, and the plot twists keep you on your toes. There are some surprises here. Some poeple say there are some plot holes, but I didn't notice any. I'm sure people don't know the difference between twists and holes. The action scenes are great, and the emotional development is there,The Dark Knight Rises is a fitting end to the Batman Trilogy. The story clips aong throughout the entire movie, and the plot twists keep you on your toes. There are some surprises here. Some poeple say there are some plot holes, but I didn't notice any. I'm sure people don't know the difference between twists and holes. The action scenes are great, and the emotional development is there, too. Anne Hathaway has a great performance, and she does add sex appeal into the role. All in all, this a a great movie, and if you haven't seen it yet, you have to. Also, there's robably gonna be a sequel. Expand
  75. Aug 6, 2012
    The caped crusader returns back to entertain in The Dark Knight Rises. Here is my take on the last installment of the trilogy (Nolan
  76. Aug 6, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentlessChristopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentless hype. It is very clear how much of an impact these films have had on us over the past half of a decade and I see that impact multiplying as The Dark Knight Rises finally hits the big screen. This movie contains anything anyone could ever want from a piece of the Nolan/Batman saga; heightened emotions, poignant character speeches, and a commendable story line as well as many, many action sequences and explosions.

The film opens much like The Dark Knight, revealing the villain right away from the get-go to foreshadow further chaos. This time around, Bane (Tom Hardy), a menacing mastermind born into a life of captivity, has one plan and one plan only and that is to bring anarchy to Gotham City in honor of the League of Shadows and Ra's al Ghul's death. For those unaware it should be known that this Bane is not your bulky, drug-induced, raging maniac henchman seen in the 1997 film Batman & Robin but instead, we see a far more distinguished, well-informed antagonist that not only has a master plan for his taking over of Gotham but also withholds enough combat training to rival Batman, which is how the comic books intended it to be. Hardy's Bane is portrayed perfectly as Bane soullessly attempts to destroy the status quo of Gotham City in an attempt to give power back to the people. Bane's efforts are very similar to that of Heath Ledger's Joker from the previous film but instead of attacking the minds of Gotham's finest, Bane goes straight for the heart.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is nowhere to be found. Forced into retirement by his unlawful murder conviction of Gotham district attorney Harvey Dent, Wayne is forced to watch from the sidelines as his company diminishes as well as the city he had formerly sworn to protect. That is, of course, until the ruthless and relentlessness Bane strikes Gotham, forcing Wayne and Batman out from hiding to help defeat the city's new attacker. It sounds cliche, but everything in this movie has a purpose.

Intertwining love interests pop up for Wayne in the form of the seductive jewel thief Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) played by Anne Hathaway as well as Wayne Enterprise business associate Miranda Tate played by Marion Cotillard. Though the relationship between Wayne and Tate comes off as a little rushed, Wayne's interactions with Kyle are nothing short of magnificent as Hathaway silences the doubters that were oh so prevalent when it was announced that she would be fulfilling this role.

The first half of Rises is mostly set up for later events up until the the pivotal scene in which Batman faces Bane for the first time one-on-one. This scene's importance focuses on fear, helplessness and watching a hero that America has come to love and adore for so many years become as useless and vulnerable as the mindless heaps of thugs the caped crusader has disposed of over his days. Every moment after this scene sees the drama escalating to new levels as we witness the emergence of John Blake (Joseph Gordan-Levitt) from faceless cop to hard-nosed detective as well as Wayne's metaphorical and physical rise to prominence once again.

Of course, with any superhero movie one will always have issues. The dialogue, especially from the Dark Knight himself, sometimes comes off as commonplace for any ego-boosted superhero and some of the political and business aspects of the movie may come off as scattered or a little hard to follow. These small mishaps however are irrelevant if you're willing to pay enough attention to detail and look over those glitches in dialogue. The side plots and monologues (specifically from Michael Caine's excellent adaptation of Alfred as well as Selina Kyle) emerge as brilliant, informative and ultimately quite vital to the film. Everything in this movie is significant toward the final outcome and that's something that we cannot really mention about The Dark Knight.

In the end, this movie is stunning. Everything from the acting to the writing to the special effects is top notch and all mesh together perfectly to bring to you the perfect conclusion to Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Though the ending may be surprising to some, I feel Nolan set out to do what he had to do and pulled it off marvelously.

77. Aug 5, 2012
    Fantastic Movie, The Dark Knight Rises ends the saga on a high note. The action was over the top and Bane was more fearless and intimidating then the joker, It was nice to see that the hero wasn't invincible for once. Bane literally made Batman beg for his life, yes they could of killed him. but what fun would that be , it was nice to see a realistic movie and a superhero cliche film
  78. Aug 5, 2012
    A very worthy ending to the best trilogy ever put together in this genre. For my money it still does not equal the excellence of Dark Knight, but no super hero ever has, and probably never will. The first half of this movie moved a little slow for me, but the payoff in the second half was worth the wait. There have been a lot of complaints about this movie, and most of them surround plotA very worthy ending to the best trilogy ever put together in this genre. For my money it still does not equal the excellence of Dark Knight, but no super hero ever has, and probably never will. The first half of this movie moved a little slow for me, but the payoff in the second half was worth the wait. There have been a lot of complaints about this movie, and most of them surround plot holes. Unless a plot hole severely ruins my enjoyment of a movie in this genre I don't even concern myself with them, they are all over these types of films. One of the things that I have enjoyed the most about Nolan's Batman is the grittiness and believability of the villains, and Rises was no exception to this. I was very worried when I heard that Catwomen was going to become part of this franchise, as I had never seen this character written or performed in a way that I enjoy. Nolan and Hathaway changed all that in this film, and she turned out to be one of the better characters in this trilogy. While Bane is the greatest villain ever, his physical presence in this movie is truly something to be reckoned with. I think that this character was the perfect choice for what Nolan was trying to do at the end of this franchise. No spoilers in this review, I will say that everything paid off for me. While I am disappointed that Nolan is done with my favorite super hero. I am thrilled that I have such a cool trio of movies to enjoy for the rest of my life. Expand
  79. Aug 5, 2012
    This movie was a great end to the trilogy, its not as good as The Dark Knight but its a movie worth seeing from the users and the critics. The Dark Knight Rises 8.3/10
  80. Aug 5, 2012
    This is Epic, This is Classic, This is Ultimatum!!! How could someone MATCH Dark Knight? This is the answer, Action, Emotion, Darkness, Humanity, Chaos, Merry what is not in this? Go Watch this!!! This is the Best Super Hero Movie and this the Best Super Hero Series of All time. You do miss Joker rather Heath. Christopher Nolan, You ARE THE BEST!!! There is Batman and then there are the rest!
  81. Aug 5, 2012
    To put it shortly; it's good, but not as good as people make it out to be. The plot is great, the score is superb, the action sequences are mostly top notch, and the actors deliver solid performances. Unfortunately, the movie also contains obvious flaws. It's got a fair few cliches, Bane is not that great of a villain, and the ending doesn't leave enough to the imagination.
  82. Aug 4, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is about 50 minutes too long. My mind drifted during the long, cliche exposition. But the real fatal flaw is that Nolan takes all the magic out of Batman. Gone is the atmospheric Gotham, replaced by a shiny, normal, everyday modern city. Did you like the Bane story from the comics? It doesn't exist. Bane is a average terrorist. Gone is the Venom (NO VENOM?!?). The break out of all of Batman's former nemesis from Arkham Asylum doesn't happen. He just releases some regular prison inmates. The Bane story is one of my favorite stories in the Batman universe. I was totally disappointed with this film after imagining how cool it would be when Arkham fell and Bane pumped up with venom. Nolan shouldn't use the Batman name if he is going to ignore what Batman is all about.
    If you compare this film to the Avengers, a great superhero movie from this summer, that stayed true to the comics and had great dialog and special effects, you can imagine how cool Batman could have been, and just how far Nolan took Batman down.
    I just pray he doesn't destroy all the fun and "hero" aspect of Superman, but I am very worried.
  83. Aug 4, 2012
    Absolutely hated it. I know the batfans are going to disagree and click no on my review. But it's my opinion and i didn't like it. Which is weird because i loved the dark knight
  84. Aug 4, 2012
    Great movie, one that if you feel mixed about it you should definitely watch it again, completely different from The Dark Knight (which I've seen so many times), it's really a great way to end the trilogy and together this really does make a great trilogy, can't wait to watch all of the movies together in one sitting
  85. Aug 4, 2012
    A truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming closeA truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming close to Ledger's Joker as a compelling screen presence , fulfils his purpose of giving Batman a foe who can beat him physically, and thus giving the audience a palpable feeling of fear. Bane is chilling in his brutality, never more so than in the famous fight halfway through which is genuinely traumatic. Bale gives his best emotionally varied performance of the trilogy, but the surprise, standout performance comes from Hathaway as Catwoman. If ever there was a comic book character that can easily fall into an over-the-top parody it is she. But Hathaway provides a Kyle that is sassy and cynical, with an overt confidence in her abilities and sexual power over men, but beneath the surface is damaged. Her struggle to remain selfish and detached despite herself is utterly fascinating and really cuts to the heart of the enigma of the character. Just like Ledger in the DK, Hathaway's casting looked like one of the worst decisions in the history of cinema, but just goes to show that you should never doubt Nolan.

And it is he who we should leave the final word for. He managed in 3 films to not only reinvigorate the Batman but raise it to surely unscaleable heights. His interpretation of a more realistic world than past iterations was truly majestic. As the film winds down a flow of conflicting emotions coursed through me. I watched with growing awe, as pieces slotted beatifully into place. My heart soared and yet was tinged with sadness knowing that this was indeed the end of Nolan's vision. So beautifully were the closing moments acted and crafted, I was left speechless and euphoric. This deserves to be ranked up there with the best trilogies of all time.
  86. Aug 4, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters wereThe Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters were very well developed and the acting was very good. In the first half of the movie there are not as many action sequences as expected, but no matter! It still kicks some serious ass when developing the story! All and all, this movie is a must-see for any fan of dc comics, batman or a good action/drama film in general. Expand
  87. Aug 4, 2012
    3 words. What a film. This is one of the best films i've ever seen and i'm serious. The suspense in the film was incredible and had loads of crime fighting action. Bane had to be my favourite character, he just had that grizzly tone in his voice that made you think that he sounds cheery and nice, but is so very evil. Overall, a great film and a must see.
  88. Aug 4, 2012
    Rises is entertaining and has some good emotional moments but that's about it. Character development falls flat in the last act of the movie, especially the shameful tossing aside of Bane after a twist that added close to no impact to the rest of the story. Not only that, Batman himself is only in the movie for like 15 minutes out of 3 hours, and he gets his ass kicked in every fight. IRises is entertaining and has some good emotional moments but that's about it. Character development falls flat in the last act of the movie, especially the shameful tossing aside of Bane after a twist that added close to no impact to the rest of the story. Not only that, Batman himself is only in the movie for like 15 minutes out of 3 hours, and he gets his ass kicked in every fight. I liked the movie and all, but I was expecting a lot better out of this in terms of plot and character development, since the second movie was so good. Expand
  89. Aug 4, 2012
    Completely empty and meaningless. If you are a sheep, go to this movie. Otherwise, almost any movie in any theatre will be better than this one. Awful.
  90. Aug 3, 2012
    Not better than The Dark Knight, however, still amazing. A lot "creepier" for sure, as well, as Bane is not a lovable villain like the Joker, but is much darker and pure evil. Great ending to the trilogy.
  91. Aug 3, 2012
    Despite Bane being completely one dimentional and an uninteresting plot twist, The Dark Knight Rises makes up for its flaws by superb acting from everyone (Hathaway is a suprising standout) and exciting narative that always manages to keep you entertained despite the film's almost two hour length. Overall, this was my least favorite of Nolan's Bat trilogy, but Rises still manages to setDespite Bane being completely one dimentional and an uninteresting plot twist, The Dark Knight Rises makes up for its flaws by superb acting from everyone (Hathaway is a suprising standout) and exciting narative that always manages to keep you entertained despite the film's almost two hour length. Overall, this was my least favorite of Nolan's Bat trilogy, but Rises still manages to set the bar for not only superhero movies but the film industry as a whole. Expand
  92. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie doesn't quite have the vigor of The Dark Night, but the action is unprecedented, as expected from the previous installments. The characters are mostly rounded, with the exception of Bane, who seemed relevant until it was revealed that he was just a lowly prisoner that helped the real escapee out. But man! That movie was so fun to watch! Expand
  93. Aug 3, 2012
    Sadly, worst of the Nolan's trilogy. It has very little original concept, half of the film feels like rearranged scenes from Dark Knight, the other half is boring. It's hardly even a Batman movie anymore, previous one managed to remain true to it's comic book origin, this one falls as far as Joel Schumacher's Masterpieces (Not saying that DKR is anywhere near that bad overall, but ISadly, worst of the Nolan's trilogy. It has very little original concept, half of the film feels like rearranged scenes from Dark Knight, the other half is boring. It's hardly even a Batman movie anymore, previous one managed to remain true to it's comic book origin, this one falls as far as Joel Schumacher's Masterpieces (Not saying that DKR is anywhere near that bad overall, but I wouldn't say that about ANY movie).
    Still quite a spectacle, but some plot would not hurt. (Especially since Batman Begins and Dark Knight had a plot. Why this one doesn't? I have no idea.)
  94. Aug 3, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises successfully concludes Christopher Nolan's epic trilogy with amazing scope on the battling themes of romanticism (displayed in Batman Begins) and realism (displayed in The Dark Knight). Filled with great action and set pieces, character pathos, and a strong sense of moral right that drives the caped hero, the film really does rise to expectations (which, for anyThe Dark Knight Rises successfully concludes Christopher Nolan's epic trilogy with amazing scope on the battling themes of romanticism (displayed in Batman Begins) and realism (displayed in The Dark Knight). Filled with great action and set pieces, character pathos, and a strong sense of moral right that drives the caped hero, the film really does rise to expectations (which, for any normal film would be considered beyond expectations, so that's saying something). Set eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham is thriving under the lie of the actions of Harvey Dent, but masked terrorist Bane causes that tranquility to collapse, driving Bruce Wayne to face the loss of his love interest, Rachel, and his abandonment of his role as the Batman, to save the city. Nolan realizes what most of movie-goers have: there is a lot at stake in a third and final installment in any series. There is a lot to juggle: new characters, references to old characters, adrenaline and emotional fulfillment, plot holes, etc. He overcomes them all and gives us what we want - the finale that is memorable and satisfying. His direction has a way of taking standard action movie stereotypes, filling them with lived in realism, and bringing out genuine tension and thrills. To compare 'Rises' to 'Dark Knight' is difficult. They are two entirely different beasts. The Joker was the trump card in The Dark Knight, but Bane makes for a great villain as well. He is less chaotic and freelance, but still menacing and, unlike the Joker, empathetic near the end. As far as a conclusion, The Dark Knight Rises gets it right. 'Nuff said. Now go watch it. Expand
  95. Aug 3, 2012
    Hoot, Clap, Whistle, Scream .. Do everything possible to cheer The Dark Knight Rises. Another great movie by Nolan. Awesome plot. Incredible cast performed Incredible job; as the great characters.
  96. Aug 3, 2012
    I felt compelled to write this review because of the overall positive score this piece of cr.. received. I had some issues with the two previous Batman movies, like the absence of the gothic ambiance - you can pound us endlessly with the claim that the scene is Gotham, but I can still tell it is New York, or poor action scene and the fact that in combat Batman looks like an ordinary barI felt compelled to write this review because of the overall positive score this piece of cr.. received. I had some issues with the two previous Batman movies, like the absence of the gothic ambiance - you can pound us endlessly with the claim that the scene is Gotham, but I can still tell it is New York, or poor action scene and the fact that in combat Batman looks like an ordinary bar fighter - hey this is a marshal arts master pushing the human limits of speed, quickness, strength, and agility, and in these movies he looks kind of slow. In this latest movie, for moments I though I was watching Rocky 6 or something. They were exchanging concrete shattering blows endlessly. is that supposed to be an action scene in a modern time action movie. But those are just lighthearted objections. Here comes the heavy stuff. This movies is soooo stupid, it may well have the dumbest and most inconsistent plot I have ever seen. From the little details to the overall plot line it reeks mind boggling thickness. And.... and it is 164 minutes long. Those were the most painful 164 minutes of my movie watching life. I see some people here are careful not to give out any spoilers. Here's a spoiler for you, give this movie the widest possible berth you can imagine, and spread the word before it's too late, and too many people are violated by this weapon of mass brain cell destruction. Expand
  97. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nolan opens a door on a new vision to realize in the cinema the Super-hero. A disturbing Trilogy, TDKR is already, according to me, the Cult movie. The most disturbing of the Trilogy, TDKR goes up in crescendo in one unprecedented finale in this genre. Expand
  98. Aug 2, 2012
    This movie from beginning to end is the best movie I have ever seen. It has superior action, characters, and climax. It feels like it goes to fast but it is s really long movies, it will leave you wanting more.
  99. Aug 2, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -not of a hero but, of a story.

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.