8.4

1. Mar 8, 2014
    Visually impressive, emotionally powerful, and well-plotted. This final installment has a slow start with too many new characters, but once it gets going, it's great. Ultimately, it's not as good as "The Dark Knight", but it's an excellent conclusion to an epic trilogy.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    本片和前作的黑暗和毁灭相比,颇有救赎和史诗感,Bane是一个和Joker截然不同的反派,Catwoman也是个很有意思的配角,Hathaway的表演超级棒,Bale的蝙蝠侠在洞穴里的表演影帝级,蝙蝠机的设计很棒,结尾不太搭调不像是诺兰的风格,打斗戏较为平庸,配乐依旧很出彩。
  3. Jan 31, 2014
    The last 1 hr. and 30 min. is one of the most breathtaking stretches of film I have ever witnessed. Just simply watch that which is true masterwork from a master filmmaker and storyteller, with an enticing signature in his dearly beloved end. However, watch it with the first hour and it's a different experience entirely. Embracing elements of peace and dullness, it wears off bluntly throughout and the limited development of Gotham itself and it's people lack the intensity, and emotion of the ticking thrills in the last 1 hr. and 30 min. But all in one, it's a screen-shattering legend with no fear, and an IMAX Classic, cracking a major impact in our souls and in cinema made for theater. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is an immensely satisfying conclusion to The Dark Knight trilogy although it doesn't really match up to the heights of its predecessor.
  5. Nov 29, 2013
    An epic conclusion that masterpiece by god, Nolan trilogy and the Man of Steel in the best genre films of superheroes, The Avengers are game for children.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    An Epic End To The Dark Knight Trilogy !!!,

**The Dark Knight Rises**

* This movie will give you the thrill and excitement up to the maximum which you would never would have expected. This movie is all around master piece it has brilliant screen play ,great direction and talented actors to perform which is a great formula to create and an epic movie Christopher Nolan is one of
    the most brilliant director and screen writer he shows his brilliance in this movie by making a great direction and brilliant screen play up to a maximum level which is hard to achieve he made this movie into a Master Piece This movie consist of talented actors and their performance was outstanding they were all beautiful in their respective roles.Its very enlightening to see interaction between these characters such as Batman and Catwoman their chemistry works very well during screen play!.Catwoman is new to this Batman sequel but has delivered a great performance which is a pleasant surprise The protagonist in this film Bane has done great job in this film even though its not the performance that has done better than joker in Dark Knight but still he did a fantastic job that no one could deny !each and every actors in this movie deserves an applause for their fantastic performance *Action sequence in this movie are exciting the choreography for stunt and fighting in this movie has done a fantastic job it displayed very beautifully in the big screen. *Overall the movie is Fantastic it wont bore you down at any movement Considering its 2 12 hour long and it does not have any moments which is dull It will gives you plenty of surprises and excitement which will makes you to watch this movie twice.

The Dark Knight Rises **********
    (10/10) Stars
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    this is undoubtely the best super heroe movie ever made so far,it don´t have a markable acting as heath ledger but still have an amazing story and great characters.
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    The best installment of the Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises is involving, gripping, and riveting. The story is on par, as well as a great cast new to the series (Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, etc.). The movie never lags, and Tom Hardy's Bane comes across as a testosterone-fueled hunk of a man who knows true pain and wants to do justice in his own twisted ways.

While
    some may say that the background story of Bane isn't what's in the comics, just stop. Did it fit the movie? Maybe it didn't, because I bet my ass director Christopher Nolan took that into consideration. I bet they did a screen test, and that storyline didn't work. To be honest, it's not that big of a detail and can be easily overlooked, and it didn't do any damage to the story. In fact, it made it *that* much more interesting. Expand
  9. Aug 29, 2013
    This movie is perfect in every single conceivable way. When people say that bane's voice is impossible to understand probably cover their ears singing one direction songs.
  10. Aug 23, 2013
    Nolan concludes his masterful trilogy with the most emotional of the bunch. Bale is better than ever, Hathaway both embodies and redefines Selina Kyle, and Hardy more than delivers as the hulking revolutionary Bane. Brimmed with action and unafraid to explore the great character we've come to love over the years, TDKR is a true masterpiece. Not to mention, it has one of, if not the most satisfying ending to any movie I've ever seen. Expand
  11. Aug 12, 2013
    Christopher Nolan platformed his Batman story in a realistic universe with Batman Begins, continued it with a masterful hit in The Dark Knight, & couldn’t bare but finish his story with a third movie where he is inspired to raise the bar and the stakes in The Dark Knight Rises. This time, he and his brother construct one nerve shaking visual of raw intensity. Every theme and idea Nolan loves to experiment with, he fuses into this piece. Bale, Caine, Oldman, and Freeman all return for the ride. Including newcomers Gordon-Levitt, Cottilard, and of course Hardy. It’s a phenomenal story and it epitomizes what an ending to a trilogy or movie franchise should be. I’m not going to expose his formula, but it’s undeniably breathtaking and so impacting on every level...

With genuine archetypes, engaging story arks, sensibly distinguished and monumental characters, majestically inspiring elements, richly sobering themes, and heavily powerful climaxes. This has all the ingredients. Including a realistic vision that forces the direction of the story to naturally go in a dark place. Because what happens in movies seem like nothing at all, when in fact it’s quite more horrifying then we believe. And Nolan proves that by fashionably executing classic-inspired filmmaking and ingeniously capturing realistic intensities of situations through organically put-together set pieces, utilized for the screen. Ultimately delivering a true visually real, orgasmic movie with breathtaking moments of cinema that’ll have you shaken by a whirlwind of emotions. Defying the idea that movies are fake and not real. Therefore, making the screen come to life, hitting the audience an extraordinary tone. Making audiences feel the reality of the true conflicts that happen on screen, and the conflicts Nolan materializes for the screen in the story of The Dark Knight Rises is heavily captivating, spectacularly dynamizing, and more ambitious than ever. All of that in IMAX scale is a crazy roller coaster ride. Butterflies galore.

Bane as the villain in this is the ultimate villain. He imposes the most paramount threat. Watching him was spine-tingling and the portrayal was initially terrifying. He's not as memorable as can be, but he's still a badass villain of and for cinema. His dubbing did lose some realness in his character making him appear more video-gameish than a real afflicted & constrained villain. Every appearance, although, has you shaking & gulping with fear and intimidation. However, his fear isn’t nearly as sustaining as the Joker’s was in The Dark Knight.

I know Nolan wants to make the movie to look and feel real. But the movie’s visual is already so heavy, the anxious cropping and trimming of scenes, and the addition of speaker-imploding sounds just adds so much weight to the experience, it’s almost too much to handle. Rises believes it’s achieving wonders and it is, but to some the rhythm and flow may be uneasy. Just because that's way it should be doesn't mean it becomes the masterpiece it intends to be. Also, the movie felt too short and needed an extra 30 or 40 to help the audience a little because a lot happens in the story and for some viewers they may find their emotions left behind, not able to reconnect as they lose themselves from the pace. I did want more from some things, but I think that’s what makes Rises so good. That it allows the audience to enagage their own imaginations into the world as you feel shortchanged by some things not shown. Personally, I love ambition and whenever I see it, myself and my emotions are right their for the ride. In the end, the film took me so far (feeling nearly a 4-5 hour experience) I’ll never forget it. The best theatre movie I’ve ever seen. Half of the movie was filmed in IMAX. I mean it’s made for that big screen. However the heaviness can rumble some out of the experience and may confuse and befuddle some with the manner in which it tells the story.

Needless to say, this stands as a towering powerhouse in the motion picture universe. A picture that offers non-stop waves of sensation leaving you speechless, scene after scene, with so many magnificent moments and adding that with a raw visual for entertainment including overpowering ideas for heart-stopping spectacle Yeah, it’ll leave most with huge smiles. It certainly did me. I won’t give away any of the story, but prepare to go through a whirlwind of emotions as a viewer. The Dark Knight Rises will toss you around, shock you, and leave you with Nolan’s best minutes of delivered moviemaking, with an ultimate enticing signature of satisfaction. It’s visual and story is ever-enduring, and the mark it's made on cinema is obvious and massive. The level of craftmanship is beyond words. Sadly, the Academy is more on the degree than the level. Even if there’s small things that do take away the full thrust of the movie’s visual through emphasis and emotion, Rises truly formulates the most complete conclusion to the most impacting trilogy.
  12. Aug 5, 2013
    Christopher Nolan puts an explosive exclamation mark on his incredible Batman trilogy. It's rare that trilogies succeed all the way through, but this movie ends the trilogy in hauntingly memorable fashion with all the emotion, terror and heroism that defines the caped crusader and the world around him.
  13. Jul 29, 2013
    Updated...improved..I'm Glane Mask..scar..e..nhas. The dark Knight Rises is based on every movie (B grade even) ever made, it is based on every episode of every tv show (reality show,food show), on every classic disney movie,disney cartoon, on every cartoon, on Fraggle Rock & The Muppets Turtles, on every episode of every anime series (on animax/), on every video game ever made, on every comic book, on every classic Brit comedy, on every music video, on Daystar, God tv & Ewtn, on thousands of true stories, on world history, current affairs, bulls & bears, on the lives of famous people, on news shows, on every WWF match & the WWE, on (espn) sports channels, on every B/T..ollywood formula masala flick, on every chopsockeye kung fu flick, on even foreign films, even foreign tv shows, on adverts & much much more. Bane's back can also be his front (back 2 the front) (Sagat..with his scar (bending backwards), Kazuya, Mother mouser, The T rex robocop/ Caine, Dolph's 'uni sol'-- The sumo (baby) Mahjin Buu (bending backwards), DOOM'S Pan/Centaur & Motaro),Roast turkey/pig, Baby birds, Bufallo Bill, A lame lamb/dude, A war..ped burnt horrifying tree. Bane's heart/neuron('s)/star('s)/teeth/french beard/parrot nose & jutting chin/wires/Mickeys Sonic's nose...is also Tong Pos/Dhalsim's/Wong Fe Hung's.. hair. Overturn his head...His french beard is now his mohawk....Shining face. The echo...Kamehamehaaa!!!. Bane, Bentley, Benz, train, plane, crane,coach/bus ...Bane is based on every mobile phone, computer, household appliance, bathroom fitting, piece of furniture, arcade machine/ anything shaped. Bane is A pumped up/empowered/irradiated/mutated everyman (put your horrible photograph on that buffed body...yok yok.). How did Nolan do it? He shore aint all 'Nowing'. This is how I think he cracked the code for this supernatural script. He took...lets say...A 1000 of the best & classic movies, a 1000 of the best episodes of every tv show, A 1000 of the premier comix, of the best & no 1 novels and so on. He then looked for what these have in common. The rest was automatic. (He's (Bane/TDKR) alive! He's growing!)...Yeah..maybe something like that. Chew on that...food for thought..get intepreting. There is A (true) good Bane & A Bad Bane. There is no good & bad Bane/Batman. His big heart is his mind/brain filled with truth his purrfect spirit. This is the intepretation of the Iron Man 3 movie....It is based on The king of fighters games- America's got talent & Ugly Betty, on the WWF (Rick Rude, Jesse Ventura, Hulk, Brutus, Undertaker...Lex Luger VS Yokozuna), on everybody loves Raymond, on the big bang theory, on star Trek/Wars, on Flash Gordon, on Superman 2, on He-Man, on Showdown in little Tokyo, on Boney M videos, on Kickboxer Bloodsport & double impact, on super double dragon on super Mario, on Doom, Duke, on Robocop, Judge Dredd, on T2, Last action hero, Commando, on dragonball Z, on Dragonball evolution on night terrors, on street fighter, mortal kombat, Bad dudes, Mercs, on Quo Vadis, on Batman Begins, on samurai showdown, Batman Forever, on Turtles 2 (movie), on ten simple rules, on Turtles Smash Up, on Die Hard 3, on Gi-Joe, on Kung Fu flicks, on the Bolly movie- Blacklmail, on Halo, on Job's trouble, on great expectations, Guy's mandarin is A blinkin/shining/glowing...games Boss/character, His body is A ripped sausage...& leavened/overgrown bread/A half baked/A broken loaf, Guy is A sun/A star..A galaxy...A cluster of galaxies, on Spiderman 3,on (I gotcha) Babe, on mercury poisoning, Mandarin-Kyle Reese, on Batman arkham city, on Bond, on Final Fight, on Tekken, on the Dark Knight Rises, on Friends, on Ghost, on God of war, on Predator, on X-Men (origins),on mind your language,A finger 2 the head-Battlefield of the mind, A dancin cobra, Christian tv, 9 11, The Iron Man looks like he's dribbling/bouncing A ball (in poster)-- on Goku blowing out the lamps, on Turtles 2 Battle Nexus, on soul calibur, on Titanic, on horror flicks with a cabin in the woods, on westerns, on Dragonball Evoloution, on He-
    man defender of grayskull (Iron'y (arm) is A tree in poster), Hulk, on Green Arow, on True Lies, on Life Force, Contra, on Linkin Parks....I'm Blue..la da de ai.., on Jacobs trouble, on MK Annhialation, on Spiderman the movie, on phantom, on Abe Lincoln, on Rush Hour, T3, Aerosmiths-livin on the edge, universal soldier, popeye, Hellboy, Brosnans movie somethin man, Reiko's fatality (MK4),Die Hard,....Thats enough!!..On the days I saw these flicks....those nights I looked out the window at the great dove in the sky and I recieved the gifts of these revelations into my spirit man...(then slowly released)into my long term memory bank. The day B4 yesterday...I saw- I dont know how she does it...A not so brilliant romantic comedy...but it was right. Once I found A black blob in my pav (indian bread) I finally tossed the whole thing into the trash.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    this movie is amazing but its still is number 2 on the trilogy list. i watched this movie on release and it was amazing every aspect of it was amazing. batman is my favorite batman comic book super hero, when i was 5 years old there was the movie of batman&robin and awful games and i thought to myself when will batman have a good time,well its definetly now, with the succesful trilogy of the dark knight and the amazing game franchise of the arkham games. for now batman has a very good time. but the trilogy is over so i hope that when they will do a new batman movie(superman vs batman 2015) i hope they whouldnt mess it up. and i hope that the arkham franchise will stay as good as it is now. so thats it this movie is a masterpiece but you will probably whouldnt listen to me becuase the movie is out for a year and 5 days but if you didnt saw it and it is on tv or you want to buy the dvd dont think just watch it. Expand
  15. Jul 19, 2013
    Extremely well acted. Good pacing. Strong story line. Slight problem with the continuity of the story, and banes voice. Sound's like Jeff Bridges wearing a muzzle.
  16. Jul 14, 2013
    This movie was amazing. I was skeptical because after reaching what I thought was the that was The Dark Knight. After battling a man whose essence is evil I wasn't sure about a villain who is just about power. DKR was pleasantly surprising. Its a long movie, but each moment was action packed and crucial to the story. I will not spoil, but one of the best endings I have seen in a long time. The villains, I believe, fall a LITTLE short of the joker, but other than that, the movie and the acting are truly exemplary. Lets not forget the soundtrack is unbelievable! Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2013
    A cinematic triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring and extremely satisfying as far as Nolan's Batman trilogy goes. It conquers all the doubts about this movie, its beautifully executed, very well written, impressively acted out, wonderfully shot and just downright good. DAMN ITS GOOD! It's the right way to end an epic trilogy. The antagonist was menacing and the movie came with a very well played out plot twist. The movie is just perfect, its without flaw, if there was one thing I could change about the movie, well........................there isn't anything I would change about this movie. And the acting! DUDE, THE ACTING!!!! Its just amazing, as always, Christian Bale kills it as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman! Need I say more? Go watch this movie, NOW!!! Expand
  18. Jul 2, 2013
    I honestly have never been so excited to watch a movie as soon as it releases especially after seeing a great origin story of a superhero in BATMAN BEGINS and possibly the best SUPERHERO movie of all time in THE DARK KNIGHT. This is and will be the best end to a great trilogy.It may not surpass its predecessor but is surely on par with it.Great job Chris Nolan.
  19. Jul 2, 2013
    As one of the most eagerly anticipated movies of recent times The Dark Knight Rises arrived carrying huge expectations following the hugely successful and a genuine modern great, The Dark Knight. So, the big question.. Does it deliver and live up to the hype? Absolutely! The Dark Knight Rises is quite simply sensational. There will be many debating whether it's better than The Dark Knight, personally i'd say it's on par perhaps slightly edging ahead but nonetheless it's no crime as The Dark Knight was a classic. The film itself picks up 8 years on, where Batman has gone into exile and Gotham is prospering under the newly found peace. However, the emergence of a thief, Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) catches Bruce Wayne's attention but it's only with the arrival of the terrorist, a mercenary Bane (Tom Hardy) that Bruce's alter ego is forced back into action. The opening sequence to this movie is magnificent!! It introduces the villain, Bane, in fantastic fashion. The scene is superb and immediately establishes the character. Tom Hardy faced an almost impossible taking on the villainous Bane after Heath Ledger's inconic performance as The Joker but he delivers an absolutely amazing performance! He's genuinely outstanding. Bane is big, bold and brutal but clearly a mastermind and given the fact he wears the 'mask' Hardy is truly tremendous. The performance is sold through his eyes, he makes Bane such an intriguing mesmerising antagonist. His voice caused controversy but he makes it such a pivotal part of the character. It's genius in all honesty! I never thought it would be possible to surpass The Joker but Bane is easily my favourite film of the trilogy. Anne Hathaway also excels as Catwoman. She encapsulates the character of Selina Kyle perfectly whether it's the fake fragile and innocent side or the sexy bad ass, Hathaway oozes class. Tops the original Catwoman for me. She is superb! Jospeh Gordon-Levitt also comes on board and rookie cop John Blake but ends up playing a massive part of the film. Marion Cotillard also has a small but vital role is environmentalist Miranda Tate. And last but not least, Christian Bale. The best Batman ever no doubt and cements his legacy as the Caped Crusader with his best outing yet. TDKR is by far the most emotional of all 3 of Nolan's films. In many ways it's inspiring just like Batman intended to be and there's one iconic and legendary scene in the film that all true Batman fans will appreciate. The breaking of the Bat! It actually left the cinema in silence and many mouths a gasp. It was expertly delivered. The action however is where this film is an unbelievable triumph. It's a blockbuster in every sense of the word. The scale and set-pieces are taken to new heights. It's glorious and leads to a stunning and spectacular finish with all out war in Gotham! Nolan has always been a master at storytelling and he truly cements this in the closing chapter, it's full of suspense and anxiety and that's where this movie thrives! He is a genius at work, when was the last time you actually believed a superhero could die? In it's own right it's an absolute colossal movie. Absolutely awesome throughout even with the 2hr 45mins running time, time never stops it's an entrhalling, exhilariting, emotionally driven action blockbuster that's utterly unmissable. EPIC! Serving as a conclusion to Nolan's trilogy this is film making of the highest calibre. He succeeds in every depertment and brings The Dark Knight full circle. It touches on everything that's gone before all the way back to Batman Begins and leaves you in awe of what he has managed to achieve and accomplish with these 3 films. He has turned Batman into a household franchise once again. Christopher Nolan has taken the Dark Knight to exceptional new heights! He has given us the greatest superhero trilogy ever to be assembled. Whoever assumes the reigns will have a monumental task! Expand
  20. Jun 27, 2013
    This is definitely the most action packed of the Batman trilogy, and I can't complain. The action is fronted by the new villain, Bane, who is both interesting and destructive.
    It's an excellent movie and a great end to the trilogy, however the dialogue in the movie is not very well written as compared to, say, the Dark Knight.

8.6/10
  21. Jun 18, 2013
    While there is some comic inaccuracies more notable in this film than the first two. DKR is an amazing conclusion to the best Batman films yet. Tom Hardy is outstanding as Bane, Gary Oldman is outstanding as Gordon, but it's Anne Hathaway who steals the show with a legendary performance as Catwoman.
  22. Jun 13, 2013
    This movie was spectacular!!! It kept you in suspense the whole time while your at the edge of your chair! I absolutely loved it! there was no problem or nothing that bugged me in the film it was an amazing masterpiece! The ending to the whole trilogy was just breathtaking it was also emotional with a little hype to it. I give it a solid 10 out of 10. I saw it in IMAX and it was mind blowing. The Dark Knight Rises is a can not miss movie. Go buy it on dvd if you haven't watched it yet! The movie kept everyone hyped. The theater was pack and everyone gave a big round of applause at the end. Like I said again a solid 10 out of 10! Expand
  23. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie is very intense and very amazing. This is the best batman movie ever and the action was so great and successful. Making bane the villain in this movie was a perfect choice since he's one of batman's darkest villains. This movie is exciting every time i watch it no matter what.
  24. Jun 10, 2013
    Action, Drama, Suspense, Excellent twist in a movie. Christopher Nolan is like the best director these days. The best series of batman with a great ending. Would like to watch another batman film from christopher nolan. Watched it twice in the cinema
  25. Jun 2, 2013
    this movie is amazing awesome story that actually makes sense great actors, explosions, action, scope, etc. everything was awesome I love this movie...although the dark knight was better imo. Bane was the best character very likeable villian. everyone should watch this movie at least once.
  26. May 31, 2013
    Once again, Nolan makes another great Batman film. Anne Hathaway was amazing as Catwoman and Tom Hardy was terrifying as Bane. Was it better than The Dark Knight? No, but it was really close. This movie was, without a doubt, the best summer movie of 2012. The ending was fantastic. Thank you Christopher Nolan for giving us an amazing trilogy!
  27. May 21, 2013
    Great film, second best of the trilogy after The Dark Knight. Really, it's different to the other films in the trilogy but has some interesting themes.
  28. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Talk about hype, last time I checked this was one of the most hyped movies of 2012, and it had quite an impression on most people. Some said it was bad, that it was the worst one of the whole trilogy, and one of Nolan's worst movies. By those words it seems like this is a really bad movie, but this is really just the minority speaking when in actuality this is certainly an enjoyable picture. Probably one of the most exciting facts about this film was that Bane; a iconic Batman villain from the comics, would be the major villain. They got an actor named Tom Hardy to play as him; from one Nolan's previous films Inception, and he gives quite a great performance. Some have said the fact of making Bane's voice sound like a British person; or whatever funny joke you can think of, is rather ridiculous and takes away any menace the character has. I think that it's a change in Nolan to switch up in the type of bad guys he puts in his film, he most likely didn't want to repeat himself with what he did in the dark knight; which is why the studios thought of just choosing the Riddler for the villain. Enough talk about the antagonist; that comes later, there are other performances in this movie that are good, Christian Bale is probably at his best here; the voice doesn't help at all, giving settlety to the scene he's in at the right time. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman; actually I don't know if they actually refer to her as Catwoman, but she's a likeable character even though she's doing such devious deeds. Now for the story, I'm just going to say it right now: this film is not as good as the last one, and it shouldn't come to anyone's surprise. it's just too hard for filmmakers to keep a good pace of great ideas and direction to make every film in their franchise good or better than the last one. With that out of the way, the story for this one is interesting to say the least, not as "realistic" as the last one, but it sure is reminiscent of a story I love: Akira, in how a part of the world is cut off from society. Throughout the story it does at times border being bad, talking about a bomb that will go off in 6 months, you just have to ask yourself: WHY? This film really wanted to show Batman/Wayne at his lowest, which seems to be a common thing with comic book movie now a days, and I think it does this well; even I personally think the series is better than this, and it is not a negative thing at all. This film is cruel at times for what it does to characters; like I said previously, which can turn some people off and make them want to watch the Avengers. The ending is what upsets many and myself about this film, first off: Bane is actually a handyman for the real villain,..blow me. Batman escapes a nuke, that sentence alone shows how non-sensible this is. Despite that stupid ending, this is a great film, extremely well made and directed. Sure I wish there were some changes, but I'm happy with what we got. Expand
  29. May 12, 2013
    Its between The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. Better than Batman Begins but worse than the Dark Knight. I really liked the ending though.
  30. May 10, 2013
    I really loved this movie, everything about it is perfect, the plot is well tied, the acting is excelent, the ending is fantastic, the action scenes that are more abundantly aparencem very well made​​, and closes with style this epic trilogy.

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.