Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 20, 2012
Universal acclaim based on 3976 Ratings
3,338
Watch Now
babsy110Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is THE best Batman film I have ever seen, I did see this movie at the premier session after watching both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and I thoroughly appreciated all the links and ties to both films especially toThe Dark Knight Rises is THE best Batman film I have ever seen, I did see this movie at the premier session after watching both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and I thoroughly appreciated all the links and ties to both films especially to Batman Begins. This film does everything right a Batman film should, and other superhero films should aspire to be more like this film, with the story being influenced by graphic novels The Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall and No Mans Land. Any keen Batman fan will enjoy all the references, cameos and characters in this film and it lived up to all my expectations, this is definitely the best film of the trilogy, any batman film and is one of my favourite films of all time. Expand
littlefilmsAug 8, 2012
An absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight whichAn absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plot holes" that many speak of are actually misconceptions as there were explanations regarding these plot holes but not in an obvious form because they needn't be- Plus He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN!!!! Expand
freddyvitoJul 20, 2012
The movie is about equal to the dark knight, which is a superb thing. the start is kind of slow and there are a few minor unexplained things, but just an overall brilliant film. the ending is the best i have ever seen in a film!
NiluzirJul 25, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises was awesome, i havent been that impressed with a movie since Inception! The performances were great, cool special effects, and an interesting and satisfying story. Ive seen it twice in the Imax and it was definity worth it.
uncharted645591Jul 25, 2012
Anyone who hates this movie just because joker isn't the bad guy is a jackass.As much as i love Heath Ledger as Joker I really didn't miss him in this movie.This movie was supposed to be end to the greatest trilogy of the 21st Century and itAnyone who hates this movie just because joker isn't the bad guy is a jackass.As much as i love Heath Ledger as Joker I really didn't miss him in this movie.This movie was supposed to be end to the greatest trilogy of the 21st Century and it surpasses everyone's expectations.And for people wondering that is this movie better than the dark knight?That depends on how you watch it.For me it was as it wrapped up the story brilliantly.Go watch this movie and have one of the greatest times of your life.BTW Joseph Gordon Levitt's performance was **** awesome. Expand
Diogo_SilvaAug 4, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficultThe Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters were very well developed and the acting was very good. In the first half of the movie there are not as many action sequences as expected, but no matter! It still kicks some serious ass when developing the story! All and all, this movie is a must-see for any fan of dc comics, batman or a good action/drama film in general. Expand
Titan11Jul 21, 2012
Another Nolan masterpiece. I love the Batman films and thankfully the last one didn't disappoint. 10/10. Bale comes back to reprise his role as Batman and as always does a fantastic job. Michael Caine is as brilliant as ever as is GaryAnother Nolan masterpiece. I love the Batman films and thankfully the last one didn't disappoint. 10/10. Bale comes back to reprise his role as Batman and as always does a fantastic job. Michael Caine is as brilliant as ever as is Gary Oldman, Ann Hathaway, Tom Hardy who did an awesome job as Bane and the entire cast. The start was a little slow but overall the film was fantastic and a great way to wrap it up, the ending was brilliant. I had always wanted to see an all out war in Gotham were the stakes seemed incredible high, thankfully this film delivered that with some great twists along the way. A strong plot, awesome cast and overall I was extremely impressed. Shame to see it end but least it has gone out on such a high. :) Expand
Shinigami4LifeAug 2, 2012
Went 2 points from being a 10! reason why -1 the villain cmon... i wanted more wheres killer crock? o well whatever, Second -1 catwoman wanna be? really? jeez whatever again. Good movie just wish they polished some ends.
TheFonzJul 28, 2012
I went into the movie well aware of some of the criticisms that people had, and honestly... I just don't agree with them. I loved the movie, and I came out of the theater very satisfied with what Nolan has done with this Batman trilogy. TDKRI went into the movie well aware of some of the criticisms that people had, and honestly... I just don't agree with them. I loved the movie, and I came out of the theater very satisfied with what Nolan has done with this Batman trilogy. TDKR really takes the Batman story full circle - it's plot really keys off of the events of Batman Begins (and TDK to a minor extent).

I don't really understand a lot of the negative reactions. For example, a lot of people seem to dislike Bane in this movie. I thought he was wonderfully memorable - sure, he never quite captured the terrifying presence that Ledger's Joker did, but did anyone really expect him too? Ledger's performance was one of a kind. Considering that Hardy had to try and follow up his brilliance, I commend him for making Bane quite memorable in his own way. (I also had no problems understanding what he was saying).

Hathaway does a great job as Catwoman as well, all those who berated Nolan for casting her should be ashamed that they failed to trust him yet again.

I also don't understand why people complained that the villains had "no motivation". While normally I understand this criticism very well, I don't understand it in context of the movie. I understood what Bane was doing and why, and when the big plot twist (you'll know what I'm talking about if you've seen it) came along, I understood the motivations even better. Suffice it to say, if you understood the motivations of the villains of the first Batman film, then you'll understand those of this film - because they are THE SAME.

At 2 hours and 45 minutes, the move is definitely long - I can understand some of the complaints there. But for my part, I never felt that it collapsed under it's own weight as many said it did. The story is not as singularly focused as TDK's was - there's a lot of different things going on here more than just the Joker. Nolan is trying to resolve not only the issues brought up in this movie, but also trying to bring the entire trilogy to a close. As I said, the movie has a LOT of tiebacks to the first Batman film, and Nolan really brings the entire trilogy full circle. Obviously, he's going to have to take a lot more time to do so. In my opinion, he manages to keep events interesting and the plot moving - there's never a point where you think "ok, let's have something happen." Things are happening the entire movie. Nolan's action scenes, as always, are exciting. He understands that it's important to be able to follow what's happening - no shaky camera crap, and no blurry, lightspeed, can't see what's going on CG.

There was some criticism also about the political undertones of the movie - specifically those that took aim at socialism and the Occupy Wall Street movement. It is there, but it never really overshadows the movie. This movie is most definitely about Batman/Bruce Wayne and his journey. I don't know if people got rankled because they identify with the OWS movement (or with socialism), and didn't appreciate what they thought the movie was trying to say (honestly I'm not sure if the movie really took a stance, because ultimately Bane's goals have nothing to do with an OWS-like movement). I don't know why people would be offended by a movie that shows mobs trashing a city and dispensing it's "justice" upon people simply because they have move than they do, as wrong. Because it is wrong, and if Nolan really was trying to put a little message in there, then I applaud him for criticizing the "99%" mentality, because he shows what that mentality turns into when taken to the extreme. But like I said - the movie really ultimately isn't about that.

I could write a lot more, but I think I covered most of what I felt about the criticism. I see a potential for people to dislike some of the twists and wrinkles of the ending, but, I guess that's just up to personal taste. Personally, I loved the implications of the last 10 minutes of the movie. (hopefully they don't make a sequel and ruin it) Overall, ti was a fantastic and memorable way to end what has been one of the best trilogies I've had the pleasure to see. Certainly will be one of my favorites for a long time.
Rhino_Jul 28, 2012
Epic and elegant end of this great saga composed by Christopher Nolan. Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard stand out with their great performances. As for the story I like the concept of "Saving a city not worth saving."
BradissoradJul 21, 2012
Just saw this movie and it is the best superhero movie ever made, The Avengers is childs play compared to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Danish15Jul 21, 2012
EPIC!!! Almost equal to the dark knight. Perfect movie with the best ending i've seen in any movie so far. The best movie of 2012 so far. Tom Hardy stole the show as the Bane.
LordpallAug 1, 2012
Awesome, during the first hour of the movie, I was a bit disapointed but then all goes on, we can see everything, it's clear, this is an Amazing movie.
Nolan puts us in a world of chaos, all shall thrill.
SynchronicityJul 20, 2012
Overall The Dark Knight Rises comes close to the greatness of its predecessor but loses all charm and focus in the process. TDKR is heavy with gloom and despair. It very quickly becomes less a superhero movie and more a Red Dawn / resistanceOverall The Dark Knight Rises comes close to the greatness of its predecessor but loses all charm and focus in the process. TDKR is heavy with gloom and despair. It very quickly becomes less a superhero movie and more a Red Dawn / resistance film. The plot feels like it came straight out of '24'. There is little fun to be had.

That said, brilliant acting by the whole cast. Beautiful visuals. An intensity sequesters your attention and doesn't let it go. Excellent attention to detail, especially in regards to faithfulness to the comics, and a great ending. The movie felt a bit too long but overall it didn't disappoint.
MeridiusDec 8, 2012
Not the best Nolan Batman film, due to a short-winded, scatter-brained feel with some of the movie. But an emotional ride putting the want to live into Batman again.
TomJordanJul 21, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises, the last film in the Christopher Nolan franchise, certainly lives up to the incredibly high standard set by the film's predecessor The Dark Knight. The incredibly detailed story has you on the edge of your seat fromThe Dark Knight Rises, the last film in the Christopher Nolan franchise, certainly lives up to the incredibly high standard set by the film's predecessor The Dark Knight. The incredibly detailed story has you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. With outstanding performances from every member of the cast this film is truly the best superhero films ever made. Expand
jaym7Jul 24, 2012
Wow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazingWow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's Kyle are nearly perfect in Nolan's Gotham, with the former posing an intimidating, true rival to Bruce Wayne, and the latter a The breakout star though is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, not gonna say much there but you'll see. The film does take some time "to get in the swing of things", but the setup ultimately enhances the stunning climax of the film and possibly the entire series. Truly an entertaining, edge-of-your-seat, deeply layered, action-packed, emotional thrill-ride that cements Batman's legacy as well of all involved. I recommend repeat viewings so that you can fill in some of those "plot-holes" people keep mentioning IMAX if you can, definitely worth it. Those last few minutes - I don't think I've ever seen a better ending to a film, hyperbole and all. Expand
A_Hairy_SlugJul 23, 2012
An absolutely breathtaking end to an amazing trilogy. Without spoiling anything, I was left with a tear in my eye, lump in my throat and goose bumps all over towards the final scenes in this movie. Ignore the negative reviews, there areAn absolutely breathtaking end to an amazing trilogy. Without spoiling anything, I was left with a tear in my eye, lump in my throat and goose bumps all over towards the final scenes in this movie. Ignore the negative reviews, there are faults with everything if you look for them hard enough. Go and see this movie and make up your own conclusion, you owe it to yourself. Expand
AdmiralGadooshJul 20, 2012
A brilliant ending to the trilogy. It's so refreshing and so worth the final result when a director chooses to use live action rather than CGI for all (well most) of the action scenes. The pacing was a lot better than The Dark Knight which IA brilliant ending to the trilogy. It's so refreshing and so worth the final result when a director chooses to use live action rather than CGI for all (well most) of the action scenes. The pacing was a lot better than The Dark Knight which I felt sometimes didn't really build well throughout and was unbalanced between action / character scenes. Though this time the bulk of the action is left towards the end with a great build up of character though the film which really leaves you actually caring about the characters at the end (unlike most CGI fest superhero films where you couldn't really care). Even though the plot resembles the first film a lot (which I suppose it connected to the "full-circle" talk of the whole series) the new characters kept the film interesting. The only downside for me was Bane. Don't get me wrong, Tom did a great job and he was a great character. He just wasn't really as much as a terrifying character than The Joker and we only really had his eyes and voice to go on as far as emotion went (the latter was a slight disappointment as I spent half the time trying to work out what he was saying). BUT...don't worry there is a great twist to make up for this ;-) Once again Gotham looks great as does the cinematography as a whole. Like the characters the place feels real and somewhere we should really care about and not just another city to destroy in another CGI fest bonanza at the end. I'm not 100% sure if it was the projector at the cinema (which I think it may have been) but my only gripe was some of the scenes seemed a little too dark to the point that I couldn't work out what was happening.

Overall a fantastic ending to a great trilogy. I appreciate films like Avengers for what they are, but for me, this approach to using live action and real characters just makes me care about the overall product a lot more.
moose_manJul 20, 2012
While not as good as its predecessor, The Dark Knight Rises still shows off the skills of all involved. It doesn't have anything like Heath Ledger's runaway performance as the Joker, but Tom Hardy's turn as Bane was pretty damn good, thoughWhile not as good as its predecessor, The Dark Knight Rises still shows off the skills of all involved. It doesn't have anything like Heath Ledger's runaway performance as the Joker, but Tom Hardy's turn as Bane was pretty damn good, though his voice sounded slightly Connery-ish at times and could be hard to understand. Bale turned in another wonderful go at being the Bat, and Gary Oldman was magnificent as always as Commissioner James Gordon. However, I feel like the writing was a bit weaker this time around, with some out-of-character actions from some characters that spoiled parts, but the resolution and tension of the plot managed to keep me involved. Expand
CyberEagle_1xJul 30, 2012
Before i start i just want to say i have never seen a batman film or the comics books just the two Batman: Arkham games and Nolan's batman films. The Dark Knight Rises is a fantastic movie and great conclusion to the trilogy of Nolan's batmanBefore i start i just want to say i have never seen a batman film or the comics books just the two Batman: Arkham games and Nolan's batman films. The Dark Knight Rises is a fantastic movie and great conclusion to the trilogy of Nolan's batman films. its as good as The Dark Knight but not better. the cast in the movie are some of the best. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman who in one scene tricks the polices to leaving her alone by faking to cry , Christian Bale as Batman who gives a great performance , Tom Hardy as Bane who is one of the best villain i have seen but wasn't as good as Heath Ledgers's Joker. My friend said it it was hard to understand him ,i was ok but just to say you might find hard to understand him. The film does have some plot holes what i cant say or i will spoil the film and one scene to do with bane at the end but in the end it is a great film. i recommend it for its good story and great cast Expand
jackalope13Jul 21, 2012
This film was very well made, but it for sure hat its flaws. First, the whole first 3rd of the movie is really slow, and I thought it was going to be a horrible movie. Luckily it picks up, and its great from there on out. I loved Bane, maybeThis film was very well made, but it for sure hat its flaws. First, the whole first 3rd of the movie is really slow, and I thought it was going to be a horrible movie. Luckily it picks up, and its great from there on out. I loved Bane, maybe even more so than the joker, but mainly because he just kicks the crap out of Batman, and its awesome. I loved Bane's voice actually. There is a bit to much foreshadow in my opinion, but a definite must see! Expand
PavzJul 21, 2012
A masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over TheA masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over The Dark Knight simply because I felt Heath Ledger as the Joker was overpowering. His performance was amazing no doubt, but it just seemed to overshadow all of the other performances. In here, the film's roles were split almost evenly between Batman and Bane and there was surprising twists - usually such things are predictable but I didn't see them coming. Bane's great too, although I couldn't take him seriously with the way he spoke. It was apparent he wasn't one to mess with when you saw his superhuman strength. An amazing film, well worth a watch. Expand
WildabeastJul 26, 2012
I saw this movie a couple of days ago, and in my opinion this movie met my expectations. There may have been a few little things that kind of bugged me but it was worth the money all the way.
nicrax96Jul 29, 2012
one of the finest films in many years, tom hardy plays an amazing role as bane and the addition of catwomen only make it better.
wacko2491mJul 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. if you go in the theaters with a view to watch something better than 'the dark knight' , you would be disappointed . But if you go in to watch a super-hero flick you will be amazed with the sheer magnificent ride and would love the movie overall. Better than 'batman begins' and as close to the 'the dark knight' as any super hero flick can go. definitely a must watch for batman fans and a glorified end to a miracle called 'batman- begins' Expand
VerdicAysenJul 21, 2012
I feel sorry for the unemotional moron's that can't see where this movie is coming from. I sat there in the theater locked to my seat, and when the entire auditorium started getting tears, none of us stopped getting them until the very end.I feel sorry for the unemotional moron's that can't see where this movie is coming from. I sat there in the theater locked to my seat, and when the entire auditorium started getting tears, none of us stopped getting them until the very end. Half of the people I heard coming out of the theater each said they didn't expect this to be an emotional movie, but I don't think anyone questioned the power that this third installment had on them. The Dark Knight, no offense to Heath Ledger's memory pales in comparison to this startling epic finale. People with out a heart will complain this movie was too boring, the other half will complain there weren't enough plot points. Those out there with a balance will come away questioning whether or not they'd ever have what it takes to give all of yourself to a cause. The Dark Knight is quite literally a joke in contrast to Rises. While the Joker's "shock scene's" may have gripped your attention for the moment, Rises will keep you questioning yourself for hours after. Special effects are top notch, Bale stops trying too hard, and the supporting cast shows that even a man without a face can be a hero to somebody. We could speculate over which masked character i'm talking about, but i'll leave that for you to decide. Expand
Rockleelives777Jul 22, 2012
I will try to keep this review as spoiler free as possible for those of you haven't seen the movie yet. This movie was definitely the perfect ending for the greatest superhero movie franchise of all time. The movie starts with batman inI will try to keep this review as spoiler free as possible for those of you haven't seen the movie yet. This movie was definitely the perfect ending for the greatest superhero movie franchise of all time. The movie starts with batman in retirement after the Harvey Dent incident, but he then decides he must come back to stop the threat of bane. The thing I was really impressed with was how epic the movie felt on every level. Epic fights, epic themes, epic characterization and best of all epic set-pieces. The only bad thing I can say about this movie is that the pacing is a little of in the middle of the movie, but only because they are trying to build towards the epic climax that will leave you speechless. The people in the theater I watched the movie with literally clapped when it was over, and for good reason. It was because they knew that they had just witnessed cinema greatness so go see this movie now and experience it for yourself! Expand
AbhishekPr2494Aug 3, 2012
Hoot, Clap, Whistle, Scream .. Do everything possible to cheer The Dark Knight Rises. Another great movie by Nolan. Awesome plot. Incredible cast performed Incredible job; as the great characters.
dhorne115Jul 21, 2012
best superhero movie i have ever seen, maybe even best ever. highly recommend seeing it. people who gave this less than a 9 would not know a movie if it was jammed up their ass.
SnehdeepJul 21, 2012
I understand the people who didn't like it cause the batman didn't come up on the screen soon and there was more Bruce Wayne than Batman but that is what I liked it wasn't like Gotham is in trouble and I'm batman they need me lets go save theI understand the people who didn't like it cause the batman didn't come up on the screen soon and there was more Bruce Wayne than Batman but that is what I liked it wasn't like Gotham is in trouble and I'm batman they need me lets go save the people it took its time and made it feel like its been 8 years and its hard for him to go back, the performances were awesome the moments with Alfred were great, Anne Hathaway did a great job and so did everyone else and Tom Hardy did his best with what he could with his mouth covered up.
A really really good film overall, enjoyed the hell out of it
czlingJul 24, 2012
The only legitimate critique is that The Dark Knight set the bar so high that this 3rd movie may have missed it ever so slightly. The film is a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy; Bane embodies terror in many forms, and brings Batman to hisThe only legitimate critique is that The Dark Knight set the bar so high that this 3rd movie may have missed it ever so slightly. The film is a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy; Bane embodies terror in many forms, and brings Batman to his lowest of lows before the hero rises up and claws his way back. Tom Hardy's performance is as memorable as Heath Ledger's in The Dark Knight. Anne Hathaway does a decent job playing the coy, seductive Catwoman. The film is a three hour ensemble of drama, and stuffed with action 'til the end. Expand
PushkarBJul 23, 2012
The dark knight rises is a kind of film which blows your mind ........ keeps u engaged for the entire 2 hr 45 min with its emotions and the storyline i can say that those 2 hr 45 min were the best 2 hr 45 min of my entire life nolan createdThe dark knight rises is a kind of film which blows your mind ........ keeps u engaged for the entire 2 hr 45 min with its emotions and the storyline i can say that those 2 hr 45 min were the best 2 hr 45 min of my entire life nolan created another masterpiece truly an epic conclusion to the dark knight legend and i liked it even more than the dark knight this is the best movie of the year Expand
razelJul 20, 2012
awsome movie. i was shocked at bane character ! nice plot. critical thinking. i love bruce wayne spirit. i can feel the pain.uhhh....anyway..4 years i wait for this sequel.....wow....i was so happy last nite..most of the audience clap handsawsome movie. i was shocked at bane character ! nice plot. critical thinking. i love bruce wayne spirit. i can feel the pain.uhhh....anyway..4 years i wait for this sequel.....wow....i was so happy last nite..most of the audience clap hands at the end...thank you NOLAN.. Expand
Someguy004Jul 20, 2012
Surpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhapsSurpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhaps a bit too slow to fully comprehend it) or wanted another batman that was great simply because of a great villain. Bane was not as much the focus of this one as the joker was in the Dark Knight, and the movie is better for it. Bale, Hatheway and Levitt turn in great performances and Bane is a great foil that doesn't completely steal the show. Those familiar with Bane's origins will be pleased this is a great interpretation of the character that.... let's just say doesn't miss any notes :). There is one weird twist that I cannot discuss for the purposes of spoilers that felt rather unnecessary, but it was a real treat for viewers who tire of movies that treat them like idiots Expand
dstJul 20, 2012
Sensationally concludes one of the greatest trilogies of modern cinema, and gives Bruce Wayne/Batman a satisfactory ending. Despite seeming muddled, flawed and overly complex at the beginning of the film the final act brings it's entiretySensationally concludes one of the greatest trilogies of modern cinema, and gives Bruce Wayne/Batman a satisfactory ending. Despite seeming muddled, flawed and overly complex at the beginning of the film the final act brings it's entirety together spectacularly and resolves questions that were asked even in the two prior films, bring the trilogy in a fulfilling circle. Expand
FilmNostalgiaJul 20, 2012
One word describes this movie EPIC!

One word describes this movie EPIC!

The final chapter of the Dark Knight series goes out with a bang...intense actions sequences, superb acting, great soundtrack, and great story. Watched the midnight IMAX show ....totally worth the price of admission and it was mesmerizing because everything is just flawless! MUST WATCH! best movie of 2012!
martint7198Jul 20, 2012
absolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good justabsolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good just brilliant. beautifully shoot in imax great story and ann hathaway was unbelievable great she totally deserves her own catwoman movie can not recommend this seminal movie any higher GO AND SEE IT NOW Expand
bigwy100Jul 20, 2012
Really good special effects, lots more CGI than the previous films, the stunt scenes are examples of perfect choreography.

The storyline is incredibly bleak (in a good way) and at the end of the film we have to say goodbye to some major figures that we have all come to love the previous 2 films. In face, given the amount of characters killed off, we can all be assured that there is no chance of a sequel, as there are no significant characters left to carry on the franchise.

Expect a "To Live and Die In LA" type of superhero film where heroes unexpectedly die. This isn't the traditional Hollywood blockbuster where the good guy lives and the bad guy dies.
cinemaBuff92Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here inThe Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here in Australia. Christopher Nolan surpassed all my expectations and left me with a feeling of deep satisfaction and contentment. The thing that stood out for me was that this film does not try to equal or better 2008's The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises simply compliments the film. It is different in many areas, but these do not in anyway lessen the experience. Christopher Nolan has taken a series that was left in critical and financial darkness and has brought it back from the ashes. Bane is one of the greatest villains to grace our screens and is a perfect match for an instantly recognisable Dark Knight. I have kept in mind that the film is still fresh and audiences around the world are queuing to experience this cinematic masterpiece. I will leave on this not, Do not expect a retelling of the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises is a film all on its own. This film concludes what has become one of the greatest franchises in modern cinema history. Thank you Mr Nolan. The Batman can once again walk with his head held high. Expand
saqlainJul 20, 2012
The movie content is fantastic. Must see,btw. It's one of a kind. Christian Bale did it again , hope it tops the charts yet again .Guys please try and give it a 10/10 rating , I just want this movie to break all records and set its positionThe movie content is fantastic. Must see,btw. It's one of a kind. Christian Bale did it again , hope it tops the charts yet again .Guys please try and give it a 10/10 rating , I just want this movie to break all records and set its position on cloud nine. Expand
larkin2010Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight was my favourite film, and it was because of this I feared that The Dark Knight Rises would be a disappointment. At no point during the entirety of the film did I feel in any way disappointed by the film. TDKR ends the trilogyThe Dark Knight was my favourite film, and it was because of this I feared that The Dark Knight Rises would be a disappointment. At no point during the entirety of the film did I feel in any way disappointed by the film. TDKR ends the trilogy in truly style, capturing a scale never managed by Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. A must see film. Expand
DCTigerJul 20, 2012
Great finish to the trilogy. Nolan is able to give proper homage to the 2 prior films, while giving the audience something fresh. Also, Anne Hathaway was surprisingly great in the role of Selina Kyle.
EduardoBrumJul 20, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O fim de uma era.
Foi no meio de uma onda crescente que começa então a se tornar realidade
critmovgamJul 20, 2012
the dark knight is the last movie and had amazing story and a great start to end but i wish there was another one they could make to make it much better and it would be amazing but the legend ends today they could it better than the thirdthe dark knight is the last movie and had amazing story and a great start to end but i wish there was another one they could make to make it much better and it would be amazing but the legend ends today they could it better than the third with a new hard evil villain but it all ends today Expand
Chris1007Jul 20, 2012
Does the impossible and manages to step out of the shadow of its predecessor and be a truly great film in its own right. A fitting end to my favourite film trilogy of all time.
TheRustyKettlesJul 20, 2012
A powerful film which surpasses "The Dark Knight" in almost every way. Newcomers Hardy, Cotillard, Levitt and especially Hathaway do a tremendous job, while Bale gives his best performance as Batman yet. The film is an emotional journey thatA powerful film which surpasses "The Dark Knight" in almost every way. Newcomers Hardy, Cotillard, Levitt and especially Hathaway do a tremendous job, while Bale gives his best performance as Batman yet. The film is an emotional journey that you will not regret seeing. Expand
BatmanFanJul 20, 2012
Forget my last review...I gave the movie a 9...and it truly is a piece of art only Nolan can craft...and yhea, WAY better then Marvel's The Avengers!
anubis424Jul 20, 2012
Terrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The realTerrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The real accomplishment here is the humanization of its characters. We see everyone at their most vulnerable, and that is what is so utterly chilling. Being a Bat-nut I saw the twists coming from a mile away, but those not well versed in the universe should be in for a pleasant surprise. Hardcore fans might gawk at the liberties Nolan takes with the mythos, but Nolan provides a new spin on a classic chapter that only he could pull off without me screaming "blasphemy." It really is a fitting end to an excellent trilogy. Expand
MeanStreakJul 21, 2012
Before The Dark Knight released I selfishly found myself worried that a pillar of the franchise, Joker, was gone before we had even discovered him. Before seeing The Dark Knight Rises, I again found myself selfishly wondering what story wouldBefore The Dark Knight released I selfishly found myself worried that a pillar of the franchise, Joker, was gone before we had even discovered him. Before seeing The Dark Knight Rises, I again found myself selfishly wondering what story would have been told if we had not lost Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight Rises is its own movie. TDKR has ties to both previous films, which are meant to drive much of the plot. The mystique of those ties is given up almost immediately in the interest of defining the current state of Gotham and its characters. Where the Joker was wild, Bane lays his cards out for all to see and because of this, mystique and wonderment has no place. We must simply face the undeniable grasp of Bane Expand
Uton04Jul 20, 2012
The first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his placeThe first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his place in the history of cinema for turning a cult comic book franchise into the most enthralling silver screen experience anyone can ever hope for.The dialogues are sure to resonate for ages;the performances,especially from Christian Bale & Tom Hardy,deserve every possible accolade & each scene simply exudes sheer brilliance.The literal & metaphorical rise of the Dark Knight is displayed with the utmost aplomb & the climax is,in my humble opinion,the greatest conclusion to a masterpiece ever witnessed on the silver screen.Watch the film not only for its magnitude,but for an unbelievably enriching cinematic experience & to be a part of Nolan,the magician's once in a lifetime extravaganza. Expand
HgbwdwJul 20, 2012
This movie was an absolute perfect conclusion to the batman trilogy. It had action emotions effects and an incredible story. The acting and directing were captivating and harmonious and The fight scenes were thrilling. I could not have askedThis movie was an absolute perfect conclusion to the batman trilogy. It had action emotions effects and an incredible story. The acting and directing were captivating and harmonious and The fight scenes were thrilling. I could not have asked for a better conclusion. Expand
lobosJul 22, 2012
The Dark night rises is a amazing academy award best picture this saga is the best in the history, bigger a and better , the lords of the rings is a litle saga stupid, not realistic, the dark night rises is a wonderfull movie in theThe Dark night rises is a amazing academy award best picture this saga is the best in the history, bigger a and better , the lords of the rings is a litle saga stupid, not realistic, the dark night rises is a wonderfull movie in the history love film in my life , thanks you cristopher nolan thanks you master Expand
Wendy1229Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i loveThe Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i love most is that Nolan use live action instead of CGI. The 164 minute film flew by fast. The action pack was outstanding. Tom Hardy as Bane gave a powerful performance. His expressions were the best. Christian Bale did an amazing job as Bruce/ Batman then before. Anne Hathaway stun with her character and Michael Caine as Alfed touched me. Overall the actors were great. There was so much surprising and shocking scences that kept me on the edge it was an emotional, breath taking film. Nolan has given us the best conclusion for the dark knight trilogy. This movie seriously made me cry. Thank you Nolan you have beaten the threequel curse and have given us the ending we deserve. Expand
GrimmbladeJul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It is amazingly well written and has many surprising twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. I haven't walked away from a movie feeling that good since 2005The Dark Knight Rises is the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It is amazingly well written and has many surprising twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. I haven't walked away from a movie feeling that good since 2005 and Revenge of The Sith. Batman may not be in it as much as I'd like but the superb quality of the movie makes that more than acceptable. A must see for anyone who likes to be entertained or wants to see an epic movie. Expand
msethJul 20, 2012
This is the best batman movie so far. It was so descriptive with so much details. It is not often that I sit for 3 hrs to watch a movie with so much involvement. The best part of the movie was the rise of crime. I found all my childhoodThis is the best batman movie so far. It was so descriptive with so much details. It is not often that I sit for 3 hrs to watch a movie with so much involvement. The best part of the movie was the rise of crime. I found all my childhood imaginations reading batman comics on a big screen. It is a real great experience to watch Christopher Nolan's movie. My respect for his talent is fostered by another great work. I highly recommend people to watch this movie. Expand
mwvinyardJul 20, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The Dark Knight Rises" was an enjoyable film, which is enough for me to at least give it a yellow rating. What pushed it to the green was the excellent use of music, specific camera angles, and the source material. I will break down each.
Music can make or break a movie for me. If the music is good, I am happy. Hans Zimmer has always done a great job of bringing movies to life with his scores, and this is no exception. For those who have not seen this film, I am about to give a spoiler here.

The theme music of this film reflects the title "Rises" and has you very excited and makes you feel the beat of the revolution that Bane and his army are creating. In the first half of the film this theme music excites but also frightens you. It makes you cringe in your seat and hold your breath, because you know that this awesome, ruthless, overwhelming, seemingly unbeatable force is coming. The music pounds and ripples along with Bane has he tears his way through Gotham and eventually beats Batman to a pulp and breaks the Bat's back.
But then something very interesting happens with this music in the second half, or perhaps I should say the third act. That beating, pounding, powerful music suddenly switches and becomes not Bane's theme, but Batman's. As Batman repairs his broken body and finds the strength within himself to do what only one other has done, rising from the 'Pit", the theme music lifts you up and you realize that Bane and his bad guys are in so much trouble and they don't even know it.
I won't say much about camera angles because I am not a film studies expert or anything. But I can say I enjoyed the way this film pulls you into big and small events, whether it is a grand view of Gotham city that makes you feel like you have been swept up in Bane's revolution or are flying through its skies along with Batman, or gives you the anxiety of Batman as he is trapped in a fight in the sewer with the hulking Bane.
Lastly, I want to talk about the connection to the comic books. This is where I am sure some ultra-fans might be upset because, "Hey, they changed this and that," and, "That wasn't in the comics." To those fans I would ask what examples they have of any comic book, book, play, video game, cartoon series or action figure franchise that was ever made into a film that followed the original source material exactly. Here is another moment where if you have not seen the film I will be spoiling some surprises.

It is made clear in the credits that this film was based on the characters of the DC Universe. It is not a perfect detail by detail recreation of the comics, but a film based on the characters. I think that it was an absolutely wonderful interpretation. Nolan did a great job of taking the characters, relationships and stories and making his own decisions about what to use and where to make his own connections. And he did tend to connect characters who as far as I know had no connection in the comic books, and combine stories and change characters as he saw fit. And it was amazing and new and fresh and even though we have seen seven Batman films before this one it was somehow still very engaging and did something none of the others did, it gave Batman a happy ending.
Oh sure, Batman always wins. Batman beats the bad guy. The bad guy ends up dead or in jail or in the mental asylum. And Batman dusts himself off and runs off into the night to continue fighting bad guys. He wins, but it isn't necessarily a happy ending in the traditional sense. He has no satisfaction, no family, no love, no relaxing. It's just onward to the next grueling battle with the underworld.
But "The Dark Knight Rises" finally did something the other movies could not do. It let Batman retire happily, not old and broken and scarred but young and able to still have a normal life. Not only that, he gets to go off to France with Catwoman and, I like to imagine, open up a pastry shop.
To conclude, this was an incredibly fun movie to experience and I recommend seeing it. I will say that I saw it on a regular theater screen and I encourage folks to save the money because it was fantastic and did not need the 3D or the IMAX to make it good.
erenwortJul 20, 2012
Excellent movie. The characters are really interesting and the action is epic. Moving and intelligent. A magnific conclusion for the trilogy. Is better than TDK.
SajidJul 20, 2012
one of the best movie ever,without comparing with the prequel it is one of the batman movie ever,good story,better acting and best direction with screenplay,just go and watch it,for me 10/10........
Djape1992Jul 20, 2012
This is the Best Movie Ever Made, Best Trilogy in history. It is Epic, Jaws Dropping, Spectacular, Brilliant Masterpiece from Mr. Christopher Nolan!!! I Want See It Again And Again!
BmoreRavensJul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is an opus of a much different flavor than the previous installments in The Dark Knight Trilogy. Uniting the atmospheric tone of Begins and the noir, crime saga execution of TDK, Rises sets forth to entertain theThe Dark Knight Rises is an opus of a much different flavor than the previous installments in The Dark Knight Trilogy. Uniting the atmospheric tone of Begins and the noir, crime saga execution of TDK, Rises sets forth to entertain the audience while developing Bruce Wayne's story into an arc of considerable emotional progression, and ultimately delivers one of the best endings to a trilogy in cinema history. The focus in this outing is on Bruce Wayne. The Dark Knight was a Batman movie in every sense, where as The Dark Knight Rises can be accurately described as a Bruce Wayne story. The man behind the mask coming out of retirement to face villains the likes of which he has never experienced. Bruce's personal life and trials as a newly motivated Batman coalesce into obstacles that bring out the most human sides of him. Anger, stubbornness, hope and raw determination seep out of the character, and belie the ambiguity behind the symbol of the Batman. When Bruce is wearing the mask, it feels like Bruce Wayne wearing a mask. Doing a job. A civic duty that serves as the only thing he knows will give him purpose. Batman becomes a human being, and yet the symbol grows stronger because of it. I'll stop here to avoid spoiling anything.

As far as the surrounding cast goes: Bane is the most dangerous villain in the trilogy. He's an absolute menace. He's shameless, efficient, brave and extremely good at wrecking things. His presence is electrifying. Alfred is dishing out his usual wisdom, but we see a side of him we haven't seen yet and it's beautiful. John Blake is too easy to root for. A pure hearted, inspired cop who earns his stripes in more ways than one. Gordon is a relentless warrior who shows a good old fashioned hands dirty approach to everything. A man out of place in this new Gotham, who's old style becomes necessary to bring it back from the brink, and Catwoman is a dazzling, sexy, antihero whose character development is as smooth as Bruce Wayne's. She's an absolute tour de force in this film, and one of the best characters in Nolan's Batman Universe.

This review means only to set up the expectations of tone for The Dark Knight Rises, and to excite viewers who are looking forward to seeing it. It's a masterpiece. Arguably the best Batman film ever made, and a beautiful ending to a trilogy that has set a new standard in cinema.
BeskingtonJul 20, 2012
Honestly, this is the most epic movie EVER. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tom Hardy had an OUTSTANDING performance as Bane, and Bale delivers his best performance yet as Bruce Wayne. The moment when Bane's plan takes effect (vague to avoidHonestly, this is the most epic movie EVER. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tom Hardy had an OUTSTANDING performance as Bane, and Bale delivers his best performance yet as Bruce Wayne. The moment when Bane's plan takes effect (vague to avoid spoilers) is just mind-boggling. All the characters are very deep and I genuinely felt connected to them. The effects and soundtrack are also both amazing. The movie sets itself up for a sequel at the end very nicley, and the end made me want to get up out of my seat and cheer. Overall, great movie, and Nolan's masterpiece in my opinion. 10/10 Expand
PeteM79Jul 20, 2012
A great movie mainly because Bane is the most charismatic and convincingly threatening bad guy i can remember. There's less moral complexity than "The Dark Knight' and even 'Batman begins' but it's better paced than the former and, for me atA great movie mainly because Bane is the most charismatic and convincingly threatening bad guy i can remember. There's less moral complexity than "The Dark Knight' and even 'Batman begins' but it's better paced than the former and, for me at least, more emotionally involving than the either film. You empathise here more with Batman because Bane is a constant, enormous, threat, whereas the Joker was so random and chaotic and uninterested in Batman himself. Tension here builds up gradually towards one on one confrontation . Where confronting the Joker was like a snake in the grass, with Bane it's more like facing a lion on his turf. i enjoyed it more than either of the first two films, though i doubt that it will stand up as well to re-watch as the story is more straight-forward and, as i said, less morally complex Expand
Buck43AJul 20, 2012
The Dark knight Rises was a great movie and the direction was awesome in some of the scenes. The most interesting character in the movie was Bane. His voice was too good to say. This movie cannot be compared to any other movies which areThe Dark knight Rises was a great movie and the direction was awesome in some of the scenes. The most interesting character in the movie was Bane. His voice was too good to say. This movie cannot be compared to any other movies which are released in this season. Though the movie was a little of confusion at the beginning, Christopher Nolan did a great work and the movie comes to an epic conclusion in the end. I cannot say and Spoil the movie. But Its a movie definitely to be watched in the Big Screens. Thank you Nolan for another Epic movie Expand
dizaster29Jul 20, 2012
Solid, fitting ending to an excellent trilogy. Strong themes ring as true as ever. Great performances all around. Bane can't quite match up to the Joker, but acknowledging that going in, is your best bet to better enjoy the movie. WhereasSolid, fitting ending to an excellent trilogy. Strong themes ring as true as ever. Great performances all around. Bane can't quite match up to the Joker, but acknowledging that going in, is your best bet to better enjoy the movie. Whereas Joker allowed for great dialogue, Bane at least offers some solid fight sequences. Expand
RealTalkReviewsJul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is a movie that perfectly balances "Tragedy to Triumph" . I am not the biggest Batman fan as i watched The Dark Knight for the first time last year, and Batman Begins the first time the morning before watching TDKR.The Dark Knight Rises is a movie that perfectly balances "Tragedy to Triumph" . I am not the biggest Batman fan as i watched The Dark Knight for the first time last year, and Batman Begins the first time the morning before watching TDKR. Ultimately to me The Dark Knight was Overrated, it was good but Begins was better to me. Now TDKR is the best one to me. Christian Bale as Batman was Spot On Perfect in this movie. Anne Hathaway stole the show as Catwoman. Tom Hardy did a good job with Bane but was lacking in some areas (at times you couldn't understand him). Yes this movie has flaws as i found it to be quite humorless, but exchange for that was "Epicness" as i was at the edge of my seat numeorous times. In comparison to The Avengers...i like Avengers better for the fact that there is much more humor and action going on throughout the movie. But nonetheless the movie ends the Trilogy on a soaring high note, giving the Viewers clarity on the fate/future of Gotham City and Bruce Wayne himself. If your a super hero fan....you just simply NEED to see this movie. Expand
Rushm00reJul 20, 2012
A masterful work which will have you experience every emotion under the sun. While it is not "The Dark Knight" few films can hope to be. This film holds up though and should be considered one of the top films of this century.
Scp130Jul 20, 2012
Fantastic, truly a spectacular movie. The acting is great, the storyline epic, and it ends on a truly satisfying note. God bless Christopher Nolan for one of my favorite trilogies of all time.
jubjub388Jul 20, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up.The Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up. It takes the elements of Begins and the lie in Dark Knight to make one helluva a trilogy finale. As a Batman and Chris Nolan fan, I think TDKR is the best of the three and possibly Nolan's best, but I can understand if anyone chooses any three as the best. This film has the action, destruction to feed those fans while also having the most emotion for a Nolan film. Nolan really does make you get sucked into the characters he has built over 3 movies. Tom Hardy's performance as Bane really does the character justice with eyes of different emotion and the physicality he brings on screen. Anne Hathaway has to be the breakthrough performance as Selina Kyle, because she brings sexiness, strength, and class to her character. Christian Bale becomes Batman for the last time and delivers his best performance as the character in the trilogy. Wally Pfister's cinematography is top notch and Oscar worthy for this movie of such grand scale. Chris Nolan should at least get his nomination for director for the Oscars this year but who knows. I won't give anything away, but the ending was a great way to end Bruce's story. As a trilogy I think it is right up their with some of the best, and it really is one whole story. The trilogy does circle around if Bruce can become the ideal to become the legend that Ra's al Ghul says in the first film. This truly is the greatest superhero/comic book trilogy/film. Expand
VinaykumarJul 20, 2012
I have Watched this Movie Twice on the day of its Release that too Back to Back Shows...... After Watching this Amazing Film,I can Say Only Five Words...... Fantastic,Marvelous,Great,Epic,Awesome.....
Christian Bale has given Best
Christian Bale has given Best Performance As Bruce Wayne/Batman as Usual. Bane was Horrible in the film.Gary Oldman,Morgan Freeman were Nice While Anne Hathaway did a great Job... All The Credit goes to the Director Legend Christopher Nolan....Batman Entry was too good.Effects and Music were Great... Not One Everything is Perfect....It has Sensational Climax with an Epic Ending.... I Want to See it again.... Dont Miss This Movie Guys....... The Dark Knight Rises Rocks........
masterzJul 21, 2012
Excellent film . Superb acting specially by Hathaway and mind blowing music by Hans. there are many twists to keep you engrossed in the movie. though it is quite a bit long you will enjoy every bit of it
wsdlJul 23, 2012
The sombre tone of the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises defines the rest of the film as an absolutely drop-dead spectacular capper to the the best superhero trilogy ever made. The film has enough spectacle, emotional depths and peaks andThe sombre tone of the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises defines the rest of the film as an absolutely drop-dead spectacular capper to the the best superhero trilogy ever made. The film has enough spectacle, emotional depths and peaks and pure ambitious scale to overcome the fact that this film is no 'The Dark Knight' but still provides a satisfying, Nolan-esque climaxed ending to the epic Batman trilogy that exemplifies modern masterful filmmaking. Expand
HrishiJul 21, 2012
This movie is perfect to say the least. The scale of this film trumps the Dark Knight, but does that mean its good? YES!!! The Joker is by far one of my favourite movie villains but Bane makes me rethink that. This movie has a really niceThis movie is perfect to say the least. The scale of this film trumps the Dark Knight, but does that mean its good? YES!!! The Joker is by far one of my favourite movie villains but Bane makes me rethink that. This movie has a really nice plot, great acting, and nice camera work. I really recommend seeing this film in IMAX as that is the definitive experience for those who wan to see this masterpiece. Expand
CallyboyswaggJul 21, 2012
By far the best movie of all time, an absolute blockbuster from start to finish. What a wrap up to this thrilling trilogy. Well done Christopher Nolan!!!!!!
hoatrucnhiJul 21, 2012
I'ev been waiting for 4 yrs for this epic conclusion. And this is worth the wait. Thank Christopher Nolan for his masterpiece. Thank all the casts and crew that made such a great film. Best movie ever !
jb1007Jul 21, 2012
If you go into this film thinking it will be the greatest film of all time, it will be the greatest film of all time. However if you go into it thinking nothing can beat Dark Knight, then whats the point of watching it? Dark Knight Rises is aIf you go into this film thinking it will be the greatest film of all time, it will be the greatest film of all time. However if you go into it thinking nothing can beat Dark Knight, then whats the point of watching it? Dark Knight Rises is a Perfect film. Outstanding and immensely gripping, plot turns are mind blowing and acting throughout the trilogy, especially in the last film have been the best in any film made. Thank you Christopher Nolan, you've evoked tears, joy and awe. What a trilogy! Next we wait for Superman Expand
AfromanJul 21, 2012
This film is amazing. i had goosebumps throughout it was great. Everyone should see this film it has my love of action and romance all roped around a core of batman. loved every second of it and il be rushing out to buy the DVD when it isThis film is amazing. i had goosebumps throughout it was great. Everyone should see this film it has my love of action and romance all roped around a core of batman. loved every second of it and il be rushing out to buy the DVD when it is released. I might even see it again. Expand
J_JammerJul 21, 2012
TDKR was far too long. It could have been 30 mins shorter. It should have been. The fight scenes flat out sucked. Too close and not enough sound power. Each fight bore me. Bane's voice sounded like a child playing with a voice altering toy onTDKR was far too long. It could have been 30 mins shorter. It should have been. The fight scenes flat out sucked. Too close and not enough sound power. Each fight bore me. Bane's voice sounded like a child playing with a voice altering toy on Halloween. Batman had hardly any screen time. His weapons were weak.

Catwoman worked and so did The new character played by Joseph Gordan L.

the last 15 mins were what the whole movie should have been like.

Oh and what's the point in naming it Gotham when it looks just like NYC?

I should give it a lower score based on poor story alone, but some parts worked well.
PoseidonJul 21, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is one of "THE BEST MOVIE'" I have seen in a very long time..I mean the movie has to be seen to be believed...It's a pure masterpiece in terms of story-telling,action and the depth with which each character isThe Dark Knight Rises is one of "THE BEST MOVIE'" I have seen in a very long time..I mean the movie has to be seen to be believed...It's a pure masterpiece in terms of story-telling,action and the depth with which each character is developed....This movie has set a benchmark for future batman and superhero movies to look upto...One of the best conclusions to one of the most critically acclaimed and successful trilogy of all times....See you at the Oscars!!!! Expand
Daniel_IsaacJul 21, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises ends in style. A fantastic trilogy to Nolan's highly anticipated movie of the year! At first when I got my ticket, I didn't have a slightest clue of how this would top 2008's The Dark Knight. But now I got my answer,The Dark Knight Rises ends in style. A fantastic trilogy to Nolan's highly anticipated movie of the year! At first when I got my ticket, I didn't have a slightest clue of how this would top 2008's The Dark Knight. But now I got my answer, Christopher Nolan is a magician. He is the true Dark Knight Legend, the screenplay/directing/plot was just genius. Bale was at his best while portraying his role, Tom Hardy did a stunning performance as Bane. He tested Batman to his limit. And as for Anne Hathaway, brilliant performance. To be honest, I actually thought she'd screw up the movie. But her performance as cat woman was just spectacular. My rating 10/10 Expand
pulpfictionfanJul 21, 2012
another master piece from the mind of nolan 2h 44 minutes of genius excitement at every corner but it has things that the dark doesn't have twists that's the reason why I gave it a grat score not as good on a cinematic level as dark knightanother master piece from the mind of nolan 2h 44 minutes of genius excitement at every corner but it has things that the dark doesn't have twists that's the reason why I gave it a grat score not as good on a cinematic level as dark knight but the shocks you get from the film are amazing best film of the year top avengers and prometheus Expand
xXHarleyXxJul 21, 2012
I watched this film in IMAX and travelled 60miles to go see it, I would do it again any day of the week. I knew this movie was going to be awesome but it just blew my expectations out the water. It is very much a comic book movie meaningI watched this film in IMAX and travelled 60miles to go see it, I would do it again any day of the week. I knew this movie was going to be awesome but it just blew my expectations out the water. It is very much a comic book movie meaning people who read the comics will get more out of it. I loved so many parts of it and there where so many twists and turns. No one can and no one will ever top this Batman movie! It was also the first ever movie I have been in where we had a standing round of applause afterwards. EPIC! Expand
jackeyJul 21, 2012
i havent given review to any movie but this is an excellent movie Spectacular end to a trilogy.Chris Nolan proved that he is one of the top direct'r.....
NolfbJul 21, 2012
Nolan has crafted a spectacular finale to one of the best trilogies ever. Sure it doesn
SartyJul 21, 2012
A truly grand movie. Packed with explosion and thrill. Gripping till the very end, especially the last one hour. Also quite a thriller with twists and turns till the very end.
Darknightrises9Jul 21, 2012
Best batman movie by far. And for all of the victims I'm so sorry for the families. Ghhhgffffjggggjhfffhhggfgjgggggghhhhghhhhhhhhhhggg gucfzgdrggfddtuhf
DraganstojkeJul 21, 2012
I'm having trouble thinking of something better to write about this movie than "I love it," but it's getting really hard. It's ingenious, tight, character-driven and raw. The reason I was so antsy to see it was because of Bane: one of myI'm having trouble thinking of something better to write about this movie than "I love it," but it's getting really hard. It's ingenious, tight, character-driven and raw. The reason I was so antsy to see it was because of Bane: one of my favorite villains played by one of my favorite actors. And he is a really really scary dude. Comparisons to Darth Vader are completely apt. Tom Hardy does so much with voice and body language that the character is endlessly expressive, despite his face being obscured. I love the way he's always resting his fists in his chest. It's also easy to assume that such a big bloke has porridge for brains, so the way he combines that vicious, brutal and graceful physicality with rather genteel hyper-articulation is really jarring. Bane's voice has a playful lilt to it, as though he's adding a little "isn't it obvious?" and "don't you agree?" to everything he says. Expand
GeryteamJul 21, 2012
Enorme película!! Sin duda es un gran cierre a la mejor trilogía jamás echa sobre superhéroes. Personalmente me pareció mejor "the dark knight" por eso mi nota real seria de 9 mejor dicho de 9'5...peroEnorme película!! Sin duda es un gran cierre a la mejor trilogía jamás echa sobre superhéroes. Personalmente me pareció mejor "the dark knight" por eso mi nota real seria de 9 mejor dicho de 9'5...pero viendo las criticas injustificadas le daré un 10. Expand
mink918Jul 21, 2012
sandy91291Jul 21, 2012
most awesome movie ever........................................................................10/10.
please do watch it.........................................
jacobspeedsJul 21, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises was an EPIC and i say EPIC once more!! In my opinion what the critics say "EPIC LETDOWN" is utter crap! It was just perfect and much better than i expected! Action sequences were wicked! It wasn't boring for me or myThe Dark Knight Rises was an EPIC and i say EPIC once more!! In my opinion what the critics say "EPIC LETDOWN" is utter crap! It was just perfect and much better than i expected! Action sequences were wicked! It wasn't boring for me or my friends who watched. Filled with suspense and a really amazing climax, i would say, there can't be a better finale to the trilogy. Worth every penny! MUST WATCH! Expand
honeyslawyerJul 21, 2012
awesome film..a lil boring at the start...but picks up pace...and by the end its a classic...the awesome end..the lil twist with who was behind the master plan....christopher nolan i am a huge fan...take a bow sir...yet another classic fromawesome film..a lil boring at the start...but picks up pace...and by the end its a classic...the awesome end..the lil twist with who was behind the master plan....christopher nolan i am a huge fan...take a bow sir...yet another classic from u...u have to be the best director/writer around as far as action/mystery genre goes...awesome stuff...if avengers was the best movie this year for you...u have to see this one to make up your mind...awesome stuff!! loved it... Expand
RDMovies007Jul 21, 2012
As it stands, it's the weakest Christopher Nolan film that he's ever made. It certainly is the weakest film out of the whole trilogy. After the incredible films that I have witness Nolan make before DNR (Inception, Batman Begins, The DarkAs it stands, it's the weakest Christopher Nolan film that he's ever made. It certainly is the weakest film out of the whole trilogy. After the incredible films that I have witness Nolan make before DNR (Inception, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, Memento); I can tell he was not engaged in Dark Knight Rises as the previous two movies and it shows. having watched the trilogy, the last one was not as seamless or as fluid as his previous efforts. It felt rushed, a few parts took some liberties with story telling, and the third act was didn't do this film justice. Nolan's films on it's own is easily better than 85% of the movies out today. As movie trilogies go, it's easily in the top 5. I'll see Dark Knight Rises again to see if my thoughts change. Expand
WannaBcriticJul 21, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warning, Review May Contain Spoilers

It's tough to follow up with one of the best (or the best) super hero movie of all time, the Dark Knight. I came into this movie with fair expectations about the movie. This film falls just a tad short of being a great flick.

Bane - - His masked face leaves him almost expressionless
- enhanced voice make him sounds like Barney's evil twin. Can't understand him half of the time
- His motives to terrorize was unclear, he portrayed to be a pretty good badass, but then he became irrelevant thanks to the 'twist" toward the end of the movie
- His death was abrupt and cheap. Nobody cared whether he died or lived at this point.

Catwoman:
- Anne Hathaway did a great job as Catwoman. seductive, deceptive, and sassy. However, the depiction of Catwoman's character left me disappointed. - In the beginning of the film, she was Catwoman. Towards the end, she acted more like Batgirl. The ending, she's just another chick.
- I preferred the Catwoman in Tim Burton's Batman Returns. Seductive, sexy, deceptive, teaser, and above all, CRAZY. A type that would drive Batman nuts. Batman:
- This is Christian's Bale best performance in the trilogy. I empathized with his pain, suffering, passion, and sacrifice. You also see a very vulnerable Batman, not as dominating as the previous two film. This Batman fought with heart. Tim Drake, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt - did an exceptional job. He was the most personable and developed character in this film. You can see great potential in him as eventually being Batman's sidekick. As an actor, Joseph got a good future
Story:
- Slow at first, but became disorganized and jumpy. It feels like a Batman version of Inception. The psychology and philosophy message of this film is not as stimulating as TDK. There are many unnecessary scenes that doesn't help with story line. The ending was great, it toyed with your emotions from excitement, sadness, to happiness. It tried to be deep, but sometimes crosses the line of being cheesy. I feel there was too much going on and it's difficult to keep track of everything. Overall,
A solid movie. Worth the time and money to check it out. However, don't come in with high expectations being as great or better than TDK. You will be hugely disappointed. Also, drink some coffee or sodas to keep you alert and awake during the slow parts of the movie.
PurdyJul 21, 2012
Not only was it even better than The Dark Knight, it was probably the best movie I have seen in my entire life. The story was gripping and tense, the characters were incredibly well acted (even the much doubted Anne Hathaway did anNot only was it even better than The Dark Knight, it was probably the best movie I have seen in my entire life. The story was gripping and tense, the characters were incredibly well acted (even the much doubted Anne Hathaway did an exceptional depiction of Selina Kyle) and the ending was just the most satisfying feeling after the movie had you on the edge of your seat throughout. The movie was 160 minutes, yet felt like it flew past with incredible speed.

I'm even going to go as far as to say Bane was an even better villain than Heath Ledger's Joker. He wasn't as well acted, but as a match up to Batman, he provided more of a challenge.

I've read a lot of reviews, and any of the negative ones are rubbish. Clearly done by people who have never paid attention to anything Batman related, apart from the movies and complained about the amount of new characters being introduced. Anyone who actually read Batman comics, watched animated movies and TV series or played the Arkham Asylum/City games will have known the new characters introduced, and the impact meant more to them within the story.
GabeedwardsJul 21, 2012
This is truly the best movie of all time. The reason I say this is because it delivers the perfect ending and brilliant storyline to the most anticipated Batman movie of all time, and the most anticipated ending to a trilogy of all time. TheThis is truly the best movie of all time. The reason I say this is because it delivers the perfect ending and brilliant storyline to the most anticipated Batman movie of all time, and the most anticipated ending to a trilogy of all time. The opening scene/s are jaw dropping and is/are the perfect way to start the Dark Knight Rises. A top of the line cast, with terrific performances from each and every one of them. Christopher Nolan does a fantastic job of delivering a perfect plot that is deep yet perfectly poised and told. The visual effects as well as the overall climax and sheer power of each scene are second to none. Tom Hardy, Bane really is the ultimate villain, second only to Heath Ledger, The Joker. An incredible experience that keeps all of the true faithful Batman fans beyond happy, along with all other viewers happy and thrilled due to the great acting, plot, and execution. Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises truly is an untouchable trilogy that tops the list among all the others. Christian Bale is Batman, and this film is without a doubt a masterpiece beyond the limits of what we all thought was achievable. The Dark Knight Rises is the ultimate experience. Expand
DavidTurnerJul 21, 2012
This is a good movie. But it is not a great movie, and comes nowhere close to the brilliance of the previous film in the series, The Dark Knight. There are some very good moments, and I particularly enjoyed the performances of Michael CaineThis is a good movie. But it is not a great movie, and comes nowhere close to the brilliance of the previous film in the series, The Dark Knight. There are some very good moments, and I particularly enjoyed the performances of Michael Caine and Tom Hardy. The latter's fruity English voice worked surprisingly well and was quite disturbingly villainous, although it would have been a lot better if I could clearly make out what he was saying! Nolan has achieved a dark, menacing tone and successfully sustained it throughout 153 minutes - no small feat.

However, underlying the serious tone is a rather facile, disorganized and generally unserious plot. In particular I found the "autopilot" Chekov's gun jarring, but it had good company in the form of irrelevant and aborted arcs. The plot twists to the point where the main action seems almost pointless by the end, and I wound up scratching my head as to why they'd bothered filming the first hour of the movie at all.

Hardy's version of Bane is actually a really good villain - even by comparison to Ledger's Joker - but it's as if Nolan is wary of putting him fully in the spotlight. So he hedges his bets, throwing in a confused and confusing variety of sub-conflicts and cameos. Unfortunately this lack of focus all but destroys the drama.

Finally, the sloppy editing and excessive length both contributed to an overall sense that this is a film that could have done with fewer ingredients and a sharper sense of purpose.
ParkerDGrayJul 21, 2012
Running at about 2 hours and 45 minutes, this movie is an full hands on anxiety attack. Christopher Nolan delivers his capstone to the wonderfully created Batman trilogy with "The Dark Knight Rises", and boy did he deliver. From its rivetingRunning at about 2 hours and 45 minutes, this movie is an full hands on anxiety attack. Christopher Nolan delivers his capstone to the wonderfully created Batman trilogy with "The Dark Knight Rises", and boy did he deliver. From its riveting action sequences to the carefully plotted out character arcs, "Rises" keeps audiences on the edge of their seats throughout the entire duration of the film.
The story line is virtually flawless. The phenomenal pairing of Christopher Nolan and his brother Jonathan on the script continues to deliver from film to film, and it sure shows up here. The reason why Nolan's Batman is so impeccable is the fact that everything that happens in the movie could possibly happen in real life. The threats are real, the villains are real, the effects are real, and the emotions are real. "Rises" grips you tighter than any of the other previous Batman's, because Nolan has delivered two previous amazing movies that give you a sense of urgency. You want fulfillment to Bruce Wayne's legacy, and this does just that. As the movie goes on, Nolan keeps dropping weights on the structure of the movie every second he gets. It builds, and builds, and builds, until its absolute and utter breaking point. Some people might argue that the story has too much build, but I completely disagree. This is the perfect amount of suspense, because as the end draws near, the audience is anticipating that tiny leaf that causes the structure to collapse. In the movie, Bane (Tom Hardy) holds Gotham in his bone-crushing hands for five whole months, he even gets the entire nation's attention by holding them at bay from his terror attack. And whilst in the theater, it feels as though you are with these characters for five months (Not because of the run time, but because of the suspense. I know what you were thinking). In the end, Nolan delivers a masterpiece of storyline and scriptwriting. There was not one moment where I felt that the script lacked, or the plot contained holes. However, the "meat and potatoes" of this Film could not exist without the acting.
Christian Bale once again amazes audiences with his extreme dedication (did you see the amount of weight on his face that oscillated as the movie progressed) and incredible acting. He once again proves how he is the best Batman to date. Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox) and Michael Caine (Alfred) continue to show how the are two of the worlds most respected actors. Michael Caine brings the entire audience to tears at least twice, if not three times. His acting is just dead on. He captures Alfred so well, that it defeats the performance of the very hard-to-beat, and loveable Michael Gough from the original series. Also returning to the trilogy is the wonderful Gary Oldman (Jim Gordon), who you just can't help but love. Oldman's acting is stunning and he brings something new to Gordon every movie. Now as far as the newcomers to Nolan's Batman, they steal the show. Anne Hathaway (Selina Kyle) knocks it out of the park. Her portrayal of Catwoman is superb, and is by far the best one yet. Her sleek attitude is perfectly executed, as well as her faked emotions and persona when she's "on the job". Hathaway brings the perfect blend of evil, stubbornness, likability, and good to Selina Kyle. Her contrast and change throughout the film is wonderful to watch, and you just can't help but fall in love with her. But to Catwoman's temporary evil is the "necessary evil" of Tom Hardy's Bane. Hardy is the perfect villain. His mask is terrifying, but it covers up most of his face. But that right there is the beauty of Hardy's wonderful performance. The fact that he only has two ways of acting below the face and pulls it off is unbelievable. Tom's vocal performance is stunning. Especially in his and Batman's first fight underground. He grips the audience with sheer fear when he talks. But perhaps the thing that tops off Bane is his eyes. Bane holds the entire emotion of his performance in his eyes. His monologues could just be spoken with them alone. And lastly, Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate) fulfills the hole that was left to us by Rachel, and she does a fantastic job. And it was so nice to see Cillian Murphy (Jonathan Crane) and Liam Neeson (Ra's Al Ghul) again. Now for the parts I wasn
adzurriJul 22, 2012
Fantastic ending to Nolan's trilogy. Had to see it a second time to really appreciate the plot, nuances, dialogues and ending. Simply brilliant. Worthy to be seen a few more times in theater until the blu ray comes out!
EMHanrahan54935Jul 22, 2012
Let me begin with huge applause for Nolan rejecting the idea of making this movie 3D. Going back three years I have seen on-line ramblers claiming that 3D is the future of movies. I'm only 30, but I know that 3D isn't the future, its theLet me begin with huge applause for Nolan rejecting the idea of making this movie 3D. Going back three years I have seen on-line ramblers claiming that 3D is the future of movies. I'm only 30, but I know that 3D isn't the future, its the past. Personally, I can't wait for this revived fad to again be relegated to the past. That said, The Dark Knight Rises is exactly what I thought it would be, a dark conclusion to a dark story. I grew up reading DC comics and always considered Batman to be a more mature comic than many other popular titles. After having lived through Batman Forever and Batman and Robin, I was relieved that Nolan brought back the Batman I loved as a kid. The Bat is not a kids superhero, he is what most adults wish they could be. The kids can have their superpowers, otherworldly planets and genetic misfortunes. Give me an endless bankroll and the deepest desire for vengeance of any other human and I will show you the peoples hero. The Dark Knight Rises does not disappoint. Bruce Wayne may be a billionaire playboy, but underneath he has the courage to fight back, without a burst of Gamma radiation. Hathaway captures the sketchy Catwoman with ease and it is difficult to decipher whose side she is really on. Hardy fits the profile of Bane perfectly and does not venture into the superhuman like his predecessor in Batman and Robin. A tip of the hat goes out to Nolan and his superb cast for staying the course and creating a Batman that I will be proud to show my children when they are ready to understand the darkness that can protect us from evil. Expand