8.4

1. Mar 8, 2014
    Visually impressive, emotionally powerful, and well-plotted. This final installment has a slow start with too many new characters, but once it gets going, it's great. Ultimately, it's not as good as "The Dark Knight", but it's an excellent conclusion to an epic trilogy.
  2. Feb 3, 2014
    本片和前作的黑暗和毁灭相比,颇有救赎和史诗感,Bane是一个和Joker截然不同的反派,Catwoman也是个很有意思的配角,Hathaway的表演超级棒,Bale的蝙蝠侠在洞穴里的表演影帝级,蝙蝠机的设计很棒,结尾不太搭调不像是诺兰的风格,打斗戏较为平庸,配乐依旧很出彩。
  3. Jan 31, 2014
    The last 1 hr. and 30 min. is one of the most breathtaking stretches of film I have ever witnessed. Just simply watch that which is true masterwork from a master filmmaker and storyteller, with an enticing signature in his dearly beloved end. However, watch it with the first hour and it's a different experience entirely. Embracing elements of peace and dullness, it wears off bluntly throughout and the limited development of Gotham itself and it's people lack the intensity, and emotion of the ticking thrills in the last 1 hr. and 30 min. But all in one, it's a screen-shattering legend with no fear, and an IMAX Classic, cracking a major impact in our souls and in cinema made for theater. Expand
  4. Dec 17, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is an immensely satisfying conclusion to The Dark Knight trilogy although it doesn't really match up to the heights of its predecessor.
  5. Nov 29, 2013
    An epic conclusion that masterpiece by god, Nolan trilogy and the Man of Steel in the best genre films of superheroes, The Avengers are game for children.
  6. Nov 6, 2013
    An Epic End To The Dark Knight Trilogy !!!,

**The Dark Knight Rises**

* This movie will give you the thrill and excitement up to the maximum which you would never would have expected. This movie is all around master piece it has brilliant screen play ,great direction and talented actors to perform which is a great formula to create and an epic movie Christopher Nolan is one of
    the most brilliant director and screen writer he shows his brilliance in this movie by making a great direction and brilliant screen play up to a maximum level which is hard to achieve he made this movie into a Master Piece This movie consist of talented actors and their performance was outstanding they were all beautiful in their respective roles.Its very enlightening to see interaction between these characters such as Batman and Catwoman their chemistry works very well during screen play!.Catwoman is new to this Batman sequel but has delivered a great performance which is a pleasant surprise The protagonist in this film Bane has done great job in this film even though its not the performance that has done better than joker in Dark Knight but still he did a fantastic job that no one could deny !each and every actors in this movie deserves an applause for their fantastic performance *Action sequence in this movie are exciting the choreography for stunt and fighting in this movie has done a fantastic job it displayed very beautifully in the big screen. *Overall the movie is Fantastic it wont bore you down at any movement Considering its 2 12 hour long and it does not have any moments which is dull It will gives you plenty of surprises and excitement which will makes you to watch this movie twice.

The Dark Knight Rises **********
    (10/10) Stars
  7. Oct 27, 2013
    this is undoubtely the best super heroe movie ever made so far,it don´t have a markable acting as heath ledger but still have an amazing story and great characters.
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    The best installment of the Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises is involving, gripping, and riveting. The story is on par, as well as a great cast new to the series (Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, etc.). The movie never lags, and Tom Hardy's Bane comes across as a testosterone-fueled hunk of a man who knows true pain and wants to do justice in his own twisted ways.

While
    some may say that the background story of Bane isn't what's in the comics, just stop. Did it fit the movie? Maybe it didn't, because I bet my ass director Christopher Nolan took that into consideration. I bet they did a screen test, and that storyline didn't work. To be honest, it's not that big of a detail and can be easily overlooked, and it didn't do any damage to the story. In fact, it made it *that* much more interesting. Expand
  9. Aug 29, 2013
    This movie is perfect in every single conceivable way. When people say that bane's voice is impossible to understand probably cover their ears singing one direction songs.
  10. Aug 23, 2013
    Nolan concludes his masterful trilogy with the most emotional of the bunch. Bale is better than ever, Hathaway both embodies and redefines Selina Kyle, and Hardy more than delivers as the hulking revolutionary Bane. Brimmed with action and unafraid to explore the great character we've come to love over the years, TDKR is a true masterpiece. Not to mention, it has one of, if not the most satisfying ending to any movie I've ever seen. Expand
  11. Aug 12, 2013
    Christopher Nolan platformed his Batman story in a realistic universe with Batman Begins, continued it with a masterful hit in The Dark Knight, & couldn’t bare but finish his story with a third movie where he is inspired to raise the bar and the stakes in The Dark Knight Rises. This time, he and his brother construct one nerve shaking visual of raw intensity. Every theme and idea Nolan loves to experiment with, he fuses into this piece. Bale, Caine, Oldman, and Freeman all return for the ride. Including newcomers Gordon-Levitt, Cottilard, and of course Hardy. It’s a phenomenal story and it epitomizes what an ending to a trilogy or movie franchise should be. I’m not going to expose his formula, but it’s undeniably breathtaking and so impacting on every level...

With genuine archetypes, engaging story arks, sensibly distinguished and monumental characters, majestically inspiring elements, richly sobering themes, and heavily powerful climaxes. This has all the ingredients. Including a realistic vision that forces the direction of the story to naturally go in a dark place. Because what happens in movies seem like nothing at all, when in fact it’s quite more horrifying then we believe. And Nolan proves that by fashionably executing classic-inspired filmmaking and ingeniously capturing realistic intensities of situations through organically put-together set pieces, utilized for the screen. Ultimately delivering a true visually real, orgasmic movie with breathtaking moments of cinema that’ll have you shaken by a whirlwind of emotions. Defying the idea that movies are fake and not real. Therefore, making the screen come to life, hitting the audience an extraordinary tone. Making audiences feel the reality of the true conflicts that happen on screen, and the conflicts Nolan materializes for the screen in the story of The Dark Knight Rises is heavily captivating, spectacularly dynamizing, and more ambitious than ever. All of that in IMAX scale is a crazy roller coaster ride. Butterflies galore.

Bane as the villain in this is the ultimate villain. He imposes the most paramount threat. Watching him was spine-tingling and the portrayal was initially terrifying. He's not as memorable as can be, but he's still a badass villain of and for cinema. His dubbing did lose some realness in his character making him appear more video-gameish than a real afflicted & constrained villain. Every appearance, although, has you shaking & gulping with fear and intimidation. However, his fear isn’t nearly as sustaining as the Joker’s was in The Dark Knight.

I know Nolan wants to make the movie to look and feel real. But the movie’s visual is already so heavy, the anxious cropping and trimming of scenes, and the addition of speaker-imploding sounds just adds so much weight to the experience, it’s almost too much to handle. Rises believes it’s achieving wonders and it is, but to some the rhythm and flow may be uneasy. Just because that's way it should be doesn't mean it becomes the masterpiece it intends to be. Also, the movie felt too short and needed an extra 30 or 40 to help the audience a little because a lot happens in the story and for some viewers they may find their emotions left behind, not able to reconnect as they lose themselves from the pace. I did want more from some things, but I think that’s what makes Rises so good. That it allows the audience to enagage their own imaginations into the world as you feel shortchanged by some things not shown. Personally, I love ambition and whenever I see it, myself and my emotions are right their for the ride. In the end, the film took me so far (feeling nearly a 4-5 hour experience) I’ll never forget it. The best theatre movie I’ve ever seen. Half of the movie was filmed in IMAX. I mean it’s made for that big screen. However the heaviness can rumble some out of the experience and may confuse and befuddle some with the manner in which it tells the story.

Needless to say, this stands as a towering powerhouse in the motion picture universe. A picture that offers non-stop waves of sensation leaving you speechless, scene after scene, with so many magnificent moments and adding that with a raw visual for entertainment including overpowering ideas for heart-stopping spectacle Yeah, it’ll leave most with huge smiles. It certainly did me. I won’t give away any of the story, but prepare to go through a whirlwind of emotions as a viewer. The Dark Knight Rises will toss you around, shock you, and leave you with Nolan’s best minutes of delivered moviemaking, with an ultimate enticing signature of satisfaction. It’s visual and story is ever-enduring, and the mark it's made on cinema is obvious and massive. The level of craftmanship is beyond words. Sadly, the Academy is more on the degree than the level. Even if there’s small things that do take away the full thrust of the movie’s visual through emphasis and emotion, Rises truly formulates the most complete conclusion to the most impacting trilogy.
  12. Aug 5, 2013
    Christopher Nolan puts an explosive exclamation mark on his incredible Batman trilogy. It's rare that trilogies succeed all the way through, but this movie ends the trilogy in hauntingly memorable fashion with all the emotion, terror and heroism that defines the caped crusader and the world around him.
  13. Jul 29, 2013
    Updated...improved..I'm Glane Mask..scar..e..nhas. The dark Knight Rises is based on every movie (B grade even) ever made, it is based on every episode of every tv show (reality show,food show), on every classic disney movie,disney cartoon, on every cartoon, on Fraggle Rock & The Muppets Turtles, on every episode of every anime series (on animax/), on every video game ever made, on every comic book, on every classic Brit comedy, on every music video, on Daystar, God tv & Ewtn, on thousands of true stories, on world history, current affairs, bulls & bears, on the lives of famous people, on news shows, on every WWF match & the WWE, on (espn) sports channels, on every B/T..ollywood formula masala flick, on every chopsockeye kung fu flick, on even foreign films, even foreign tv shows, on adverts & much much more. Bane's back can also be his front (back 2 the front) (Sagat..with his scar (bending backwards), Kazuya, Mother mouser, The T rex robocop/ Caine, Dolph's 'uni sol'-- The sumo (baby) Mahjin Buu (bending backwards), DOOM'S Pan/Centaur & Motaro),Roast turkey/pig, Baby birds, Bufallo Bill, A lame lamb/dude, A war..ped burnt horrifying tree. Bane's heart/neuron('s)/star('s)/teeth/french beard/parrot nose & jutting chin/wires/Mickeys Sonic's nose...is also Tong Pos/Dhalsim's/Wong Fe Hung's.. hair. Overturn his head...His french beard is now his mohawk....Shining face. The echo...Kamehamehaaa!!!. Bane, Bentley, Benz, train, plane, crane,coach/bus ...Bane is based on every mobile phone, computer, household appliance, bathroom fitting, piece of furniture, arcade machine/ anything shaped. Bane is A pumped up/empowered/irradiated/mutated everyman (put your horrible photograph on that buffed body...yok yok.). How did Nolan do it? He shore aint all 'Nowing'. This is how I think he cracked the code for this supernatural script. He took...lets say...A 1000 of the best & classic movies, a 1000 of the best episodes of every tv show, A 1000 of the premier comix, of the best & no 1 novels and so on. He then looked for what these have in common. The rest was automatic. (He's (Bane/TDKR) alive! He's growing!)...Yeah..maybe something like that. Chew on that...food for thought..get intepreting. There is A (true) good Bane & A Bad Bane. There is no good & bad Bane/Batman. His big heart is his mind/brain filled with truth his purrfect spirit. This is the intepretation of the Iron Man 3 movie....It is based on The king of fighters games- America's got talent & Ugly Betty, on the WWF (Rick Rude, Jesse Ventura, Hulk, Brutus, Undertaker...Lex Luger VS Yokozuna), on everybody loves Raymond, on the big bang theory, on star Trek/Wars, on Flash Gordon, on Superman 2, on He-Man, on Showdown in little Tokyo, on Boney M videos, on Kickboxer Bloodsport & double impact, on super double dragon on super Mario, on Doom, Duke, on Robocop, Judge Dredd, on T2, Last action hero, Commando, on dragonball Z, on Dragonball evolution on night terrors, on street fighter, mortal kombat, Bad dudes, Mercs, on Quo Vadis, on Batman Begins, on samurai showdown, Batman Forever, on Turtles 2 (movie), on ten simple rules, on Turtles Smash Up, on Die Hard 3, on Gi-Joe, on Kung Fu flicks, on the Bolly movie- Blacklmail, on Halo, on Job's trouble, on great expectations, Guy's mandarin is A blinkin/shining/glowing...games Boss/character, His body is A ripped sausage...& leavened/overgrown bread/A half baked/A broken loaf, Guy is A sun/A star..A galaxy...A cluster of galaxies, on Spiderman 3,on (I gotcha) Babe, on mercury poisoning, Mandarin-Kyle Reese, on Batman arkham city, on Bond, on Final Fight, on Tekken, on the Dark Knight Rises, on Friends, on Ghost, on God of war, on Predator, on X-Men (origins),on mind your language,A finger 2 the head-Battlefield of the mind, A dancin cobra, Christian tv, 9 11, The Iron Man looks like he's dribbling/bouncing A ball (in poster)-- on Goku blowing out the lamps, on Turtles 2 Battle Nexus, on soul calibur, on Titanic, on horror flicks with a cabin in the woods, on westerns, on Dragonball Evoloution, on He-
    man defender of grayskull (Iron'y (arm) is A tree in poster), Hulk, on Green Arow, on True Lies, on Life Force, Contra, on Linkin Parks....I'm Blue..la da de ai.., on Jacobs trouble, on MK Annhialation, on Spiderman the movie, on phantom, on Abe Lincoln, on Rush Hour, T3, Aerosmiths-livin on the edge, universal soldier, popeye, Hellboy, Brosnans movie somethin man, Reiko's fatality (MK4),Die Hard,....Thats enough!!..On the days I saw these flicks....those nights I looked out the window at the great dove in the sky and I recieved the gifts of these revelations into my spirit man...(then slowly released)into my long term memory bank. The day B4 yesterday...I saw- I dont know how she does it...A not so brilliant romantic comedy...but it was right. Once I found A black blob in my pav (indian bread) I finally tossed the whole thing into the trash.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    this movie is amazing but its still is number 2 on the trilogy list. i watched this movie on release and it was amazing every aspect of it was amazing. batman is my favorite batman comic book super hero, when i was 5 years old there was the movie of batman&robin and awful games and i thought to myself when will batman have a good time,well its definetly now, with the succesful trilogy of the dark knight and the amazing game franchise of the arkham games. for now batman has a very good time. but the trilogy is over so i hope that when they will do a new batman movie(superman vs batman 2015) i hope they whouldnt mess it up. and i hope that the arkham franchise will stay as good as it is now. so thats it this movie is a masterpiece but you will probably whouldnt listen to me becuase the movie is out for a year and 5 days but if you didnt saw it and it is on tv or you want to buy the dvd dont think just watch it. Expand
  15. Jul 19, 2013
    Extremely well acted. Good pacing. Strong story line. Slight problem with the continuity of the story, and banes voice. Sound's like Jeff Bridges wearing a muzzle.
  16. Jul 14, 2013
    This movie was amazing. I was skeptical because after reaching what I thought was the that was The Dark Knight. After battling a man whose essence is evil I wasn't sure about a villain who is just about power. DKR was pleasantly surprising. Its a long movie, but each moment was action packed and crucial to the story. I will not spoil, but one of the best endings I have seen in a long time. The villains, I believe, fall a LITTLE short of the joker, but other than that, the movie and the acting are truly exemplary. Lets not forget the soundtrack is unbelievable! Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2013
    A cinematic triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring and extremely satisfying as far as Nolan's Batman trilogy goes. It conquers all the doubts about this movie, its beautifully executed, very well written, impressively acted out, wonderfully shot and just downright good. DAMN ITS GOOD! It's the right way to end an epic trilogy. The antagonist was menacing and the movie came with a very well played out plot twist. The movie is just perfect, its without flaw, if there was one thing I could change about the movie, well........................there isn't anything I would change about this movie. And the acting! DUDE, THE ACTING!!!! Its just amazing, as always, Christian Bale kills it as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman! Need I say more? Go watch this movie, NOW!!! Expand
  18. Jul 2, 2013
    I honestly have never been so excited to watch a movie as soon as it releases especially after seeing a great origin story of a superhero in BATMAN BEGINS and possibly the best SUPERHERO movie of all time in THE DARK KNIGHT. This is and will be the best end to a great trilogy.It may not surpass its predecessor but is surely on par with it.Great job Chris Nolan.
  19. Jul 2, 2013
    As one of the most eagerly anticipated movies of recent times The Dark Knight Rises arrived carrying huge expectations following the hugely successful and a genuine modern great, The Dark Knight. So, the big question.. Does it deliver and live up to the hype? Absolutely! The Dark Knight Rises is quite simply sensational. There will be many debating whether it's better than The Dark Knight, personally i'd say it's on par perhaps slightly edging ahead but nonetheless it's no crime as The Dark Knight was a classic. The film itself picks up 8 years on, where Batman has gone into exile and Gotham is prospering under the newly found peace. However, the emergence of a thief, Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) catches Bruce Wayne's attention but it's only with the arrival of the terrorist, a mercenary Bane (Tom Hardy) that Bruce's alter ego is forced back into action. The opening sequence to this movie is magnificent!! It introduces the villain, Bane, in fantastic fashion. The scene is superb and immediately establishes the character. Tom Hardy faced an almost impossible taking on the villainous Bane after Heath Ledger's inconic performance as The Joker but he delivers an absolutely amazing performance! He's genuinely outstanding. Bane is big, bold and brutal but clearly a mastermind and given the fact he wears the 'mask' Hardy is truly tremendous. The performance is sold through his eyes, he makes Bane such an intriguing mesmerising antagonist. His voice caused controversy but he makes it such a pivotal part of the character. It's genius in all honesty! I never thought it would be possible to surpass The Joker but Bane is easily my favourite film of the trilogy. Anne Hathaway also excels as Catwoman. She encapsulates the character of Selina Kyle perfectly whether it's the fake fragile and innocent side or the sexy bad ass, Hathaway oozes class. Tops the original Catwoman for me. She is superb! Jospeh Gordon-Levitt also comes on board and rookie cop John Blake but ends up playing a massive part of the film. Marion Cotillard also has a small but vital role is environmentalist Miranda Tate. And last but not least, Christian Bale. The best Batman ever no doubt and cements his legacy as the Caped Crusader with his best outing yet. TDKR is by far the most emotional of all 3 of Nolan's films. In many ways it's inspiring just like Batman intended to be and there's one iconic and legendary scene in the film that all true Batman fans will appreciate. The breaking of the Bat! It actually left the cinema in silence and many mouths a gasp. It was expertly delivered. The action however is where this film is an unbelievable triumph. It's a blockbuster in every sense of the word. The scale and set-pieces are taken to new heights. It's glorious and leads to a stunning and spectacular finish with all out war in Gotham! Nolan has always been a master at storytelling and he truly cements this in the closing chapter, it's full of suspense and anxiety and that's where this movie thrives! He is a genius at work, when was the last time you actually believed a superhero could die? In it's own right it's an absolute colossal movie. Absolutely awesome throughout even with the 2hr 45mins running time, time never stops it's an entrhalling, exhilariting, emotionally driven action blockbuster that's utterly unmissable. EPIC! Serving as a conclusion to Nolan's trilogy this is film making of the highest calibre. He succeeds in every depertment and brings The Dark Knight full circle. It touches on everything that's gone before all the way back to Batman Begins and leaves you in awe of what he has managed to achieve and accomplish with these 3 films. He has turned Batman into a household franchise once again. Christopher Nolan has taken the Dark Knight to exceptional new heights! He has given us the greatest superhero trilogy ever to be assembled. Whoever assumes the reigns will have a monumental task! Expand
  20. Jun 27, 2013
    This is definitely the most action packed of the Batman trilogy, and I can't complain. The action is fronted by the new villain, Bane, who is both interesting and destructive.
    It's an excellent movie and a great end to the trilogy, however the dialogue in the movie is not very well written as compared to, say, the Dark Knight.

8.6/10
  21. Jun 18, 2013
    While there is some comic inaccuracies more notable in this film than the first two. DKR is an amazing conclusion to the best Batman films yet. Tom Hardy is outstanding as Bane, Gary Oldman is outstanding as Gordon, but it's Anne Hathaway who steals the show with a legendary performance as Catwoman.
  22. Jun 13, 2013
    This movie was spectacular!!! It kept you in suspense the whole time while your at the edge of your chair! I absolutely loved it! there was no problem or nothing that bugged me in the film it was an amazing masterpiece! The ending to the whole trilogy was just breathtaking it was also emotional with a little hype to it. I give it a solid 10 out of 10. I saw it in IMAX and it was mind blowing. The Dark Knight Rises is a can not miss movie. Go buy it on dvd if you haven't watched it yet! The movie kept everyone hyped. The theater was pack and everyone gave a big round of applause at the end. Like I said again a solid 10 out of 10! Expand
  23. Jun 12, 2013
    This movie is very intense and very amazing. This is the best batman movie ever and the action was so great and successful. Making bane the villain in this movie was a perfect choice since he's one of batman's darkest villains. This movie is exciting every time i watch it no matter what.
  24. Jun 10, 2013
    Action, Drama, Suspense, Excellent twist in a movie. Christopher Nolan is like the best director these days. The best series of batman with a great ending. Would like to watch another batman film from christopher nolan. Watched it twice in the cinema
  25. Jun 2, 2013
    this movie is amazing awesome story that actually makes sense great actors, explosions, action, scope, etc. everything was awesome I love this movie...although the dark knight was better imo. Bane was the best character very likeable villian. everyone should watch this movie at least once.
  26. May 31, 2013
    Once again, Nolan makes another great Batman film. Anne Hathaway was amazing as Catwoman and Tom Hardy was terrifying as Bane. Was it better than The Dark Knight? No, but it was really close. This movie was, without a doubt, the best summer movie of 2012. The ending was fantastic. Thank you Christopher Nolan for giving us an amazing trilogy!
  27. May 21, 2013
    Great film, second best of the trilogy after The Dark Knight. Really, it's different to the other films in the trilogy but has some interesting themes.
  28. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Talk about hype, last time I checked this was one of the most hyped movies of 2012, and it had quite an impression on most people. Some said it was bad, that it was the worst one of the whole trilogy, and one of Nolan's worst movies. By those words it seems like this is a really bad movie, but this is really just the minority speaking when in actuality this is certainly an enjoyable picture. Probably one of the most exciting facts about this film was that Bane; a iconic Batman villain from the comics, would be the major villain. They got an actor named Tom Hardy to play as him; from one Nolan's previous films Inception, and he gives quite a great performance. Some have said the fact of making Bane's voice sound like a British person; or whatever funny joke you can think of, is rather ridiculous and takes away any menace the character has. I think that it's a change in Nolan to switch up in the type of bad guys he puts in his film, he most likely didn't want to repeat himself with what he did in the dark knight; which is why the studios thought of just choosing the Riddler for the villain. Enough talk about the antagonist; that comes later, there are other performances in this movie that are good, Christian Bale is probably at his best here; the voice doesn't help at all, giving settlety to the scene he's in at the right time. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman; actually I don't know if they actually refer to her as Catwoman, but she's a likeable character even though she's doing such devious deeds. Now for the story, I'm just going to say it right now: this film is not as good as the last one, and it shouldn't come to anyone's surprise. it's just too hard for filmmakers to keep a good pace of great ideas and direction to make every film in their franchise good or better than the last one. With that out of the way, the story for this one is interesting to say the least, not as "realistic" as the last one, but it sure is reminiscent of a story I love: Akira, in how a part of the world is cut off from society. Throughout the story it does at times border being bad, talking about a bomb that will go off in 6 months, you just have to ask yourself: WHY? This film really wanted to show Batman/Wayne at his lowest, which seems to be a common thing with comic book movie now a days, and I think it does this well; even I personally think the series is better than this, and it is not a negative thing at all. This film is cruel at times for what it does to characters; like I said previously, which can turn some people off and make them want to watch the Avengers. The ending is what upsets many and myself about this film, first off: Bane is actually a handyman for the real villain,..blow me. Batman escapes a nuke, that sentence alone shows how non-sensible this is. Despite that stupid ending, this is a great film, extremely well made and directed. Sure I wish there were some changes, but I'm happy with what we got. Expand
  29. May 12, 2013
    Its between The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. Better than Batman Begins but worse than the Dark Knight. I really liked the ending though.
  30. May 10, 2013
    I really loved this movie, everything about it is perfect, the plot is well tied, the acting is excelent, the ending is fantastic, the action scenes that are more abundantly aparencem very well made​​, and closes with style this epic trilogy.
  31. May 6, 2013
    One of my favourite movies of all time, and the only one that was good enough to draw me back to the cinema to see it a second time. The acting is spot on, the action thrilling and the soundtrack makes every scene ten times as immersive. It is true that there are some plot holes throughout but these do not detract from the overall experience in anyway and are easy to look past. The perfect Batman film. Expand
  32. May 4, 2013
    Although The Dark Knight Rises can't top The Dark Knight, it was a great movie that knew what it was; a worthy closing chapter to a trilogy. TDKR sets the trilogy as the best comic-book trilogy of all time for being just an epic conclusion and a great movie. Although I wasn't happy with some of the plot points, they worked for the movie and can be forgiven dune to the epic action sequences.
  33. Apr 15, 2013
    the dark knight rises is an amazing movie and is a worthy sequel to the dark knight and in my opinion is even better than the dark knight, a masterpiece in the true sense of the word, a solid performance by all actors specially tom hardy, i am a long time batman fan and it was a sad moment for me to see the legend end the trilogy as a whole is the best trilogy ever imho, the final act was just so symbolic and brilliant Expand
  34. Apr 14, 2013
    A great movie, the worst of the series, but still fantastic. Operates on a huge scale, great characters all around, but no one as great as Ledger in The Dark Knight(which is basically impossible). Hardy does a great job as Bane, Oldman Bale and Caine are good as usual. Great all around
  35. Mar 24, 2013
    Finally, after four years of waiting, we were able to enjoy the long-awaited end of the masked hero's incredible trilogy of the amazing Mr. Nolan.
    I thought that would outsell its predecessor epic The Dark Knight, but it's obvious the series, it was not, but the movie itself is very good.
    Sadly, the film is very scattered and disjointed, the weakest of the three in the section of the
    script, do not understand what your goal, which meant the goal of Bane is too absurd, too much work for you all to focus on revenge rather limited, meanwhile, the goal of Talia no sense, because it was destroyed to make Batman see his dream and that people show their true colors, but this dream was not destroyed after five months, only is about to destroy the city with the pump and that's it .
    Plot was simple, the former was glorious in that aspect.
    Batman recovered if it was Rocky and suddenly the cops are released from the sewers, join him as having been buried for a day, why not have the effect of staying five months underground without any hygiene without sick and ready for combat?, that there is as swallowing.
    The scene of the well is very good but has a good error,
    seem a paid vacation to a spiritual retreat to recover, then nothing happens, the inmates give advice, not cure, do not mess with him, are limited to support for leaving What the hell is going on in this movie?
    Among many things can be seen in the film, the rating I give them doubtful result, but despite its flaws script, is highly recommended, the performances are very good, the direction of Mr. Nolan is still epic.
    Not as I expected, really, but as you guessed, Mr. Nolan did not disappoint. The Dark Knight Rises shows the greatness of christhoper nolan to direct monumental works of film and proves once again, the true greatness of this character. My Score: 9.5
  36. Mar 24, 2013
    This not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom Hardy really brings in the fear of Bane with his incredible acting and dark complection to a wonderful villan. Anne Hathaway showcase's a sexy cat who can kick some serious butt. She truly is one of the greatest actresses of 2012. Surprisingly, i thought it was better than "The Dark Knight", but that's just me. I think the story is more darker and engaging than Dark Knight, but the Joker (Heath Ledger) is still the greatest villan ever. Overall, it's a tremendous movie, GO SEE IT! Expand
  37. Mar 14, 2013
    The final installment in the best superhero movie franchise of all time is equal to its predecessors. The additions of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman are great and Michael Caine continues tobe the standout performance.
  38. Mar 11, 2013
    This movie is amazing, regardless of all the cliches, and retarded moments like how bruce got cable reception from a prison detached from the outside world. This movie still provided the best possible entertainment and an amazing ending that surprised me.
  39. Mar 9, 2013
    Nolan shows his skills again.I can't tell you how awesome this movie was,from beginning to end perfect and don't comparable! The movie tells us a story ,that we all known from the news,about terrorism.And that isn't all ,it's interesting what all you can find in this movie when you pay attention for it. And then the amazing end.TDKR is epic.A spectacle that you must have seen.
  40. Mar 6, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is such an amazing movie! The epic finale of the Dark Knight trilogy has finally started out. I love the trilogy. It has a perfect emotion! Batman is my favorite hero
  41. Mar 2, 2013
    I never thought that superheroes movies were believable until i saw the batman trilogy Christopher Nolan proves to be one of the greatest directors ever, Anne Hathaway is a beautiful addition and the ending was promising and decent for a trilogy very well done
  42. Feb 24, 2013
    I am bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  43. Feb 23, 2013
    While probably not quite on a par with The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, bigger and darker than the previous instalments, is certainly worthy of being the closing chapter to Christopher Nolan excellent Dark Knight trilogy.

From the awesome opening plane hijack stunt that introduces Bane, the film is littered with action sequences and really is one huge spectacle. On top of the
    action, the film is balanced by the soul-searching and recovery of Bruce Wayne, not once but twice as well as reasonably well handled themes of social equality.

Tom Hardy brings an intensity to Bane, a different, more physically imposing intensity than Heath Ledger's Joker, and the character is certainly an improvement on the previous portrayal of Bane (Batman Robin!). He is given the best lines of the script to deliver through his menacing mask-affected voice. Anne Hathway plays Selina Kyle (never referred to as Catwoman), and here is where I have an issue with the Nolan brothers. I was intrigued how they would adapt Catwoman into their Dark Knight universe, and for me it was a let down. She is not the true villain of the comics, instead she is pitched as an ambiguous distraction from the battle with Bane, chasing anonymity from her thieving background and willing to side with whoever can grant it to her.

At 165 minutes, TDKR is stretching the limits of an action film run time but managed to keep my attention. Some of the film's plot holes have earned some attention from critics, the only one I had a problem with was how Wayne got back to Gotham with no money, connections and with the city under lock-down. I imagine Christopher Nolan must have spent many night wondering how to conclude his trilogy. Leave it open ended? Retire Batman? Kill Batman? Anyway, his decision worked for me (despite the ending having remarkable parallels to 2011's Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows).
  44. Feb 20, 2013
    Get cheap 60% off Kingdoms of Camelot gems from clashofclansgem.com Clashofclansgem.com Ensure you insert your CoC Game Center Account and password in the box of Special Instructions or Order Comments for quick delivery to you! You can also contact our 24/7 online customer service,tell us your Game Center Account and password to confirm your order for delivery! Delivery time is usually within 24 hours!!

Kingdoms of Camelot 1600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 3200 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 9600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 6400 Gems
  45. Feb 8, 2013
    Found this movie totally satisfying on every level. The acting, directing and score are all top notch here. I had thought going into this movie that there was no way it could reach the levels of The Dark Knight, but in my humble opinion it did. The Dark Knight Rises is the perfect send off to the best comic book series of all time and I really enjoyed how everything came full circle by the time it had ended. My favorite film of 2012. Expand
  46. Feb 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight rises is the third installment of the hugely popular reboot of the batman franchise. Christopher Nolan continues to entertain the mind, heart and eyes with beautifully, yet dark scenery shot in various locations and studios in the USA and the UK. Nolan, known for his non-linear method of storytelling in movies such as Memento (2000) and Inception (2012), makes a departure from that style in order to appeal to a crowd more interested in comic book action films. This is not a criticism, but is instead appreciated in order to stay true to the genre. This film is a breath of fresh air within the crowded comic book genre. Facing stiff competition from the whole Avengers group as well as Spiderman and Superman, this movie holds its own. The story spans across three equally excellent movies whose plots are deeply intertwined. Michael Caine continues his role of Alfred the butler and is just as believable and lovable as in the other films. Morgan Freeman is also back, reprising his role as Lucius Fox, the man behind the R&D division and CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Two new notable characters; Cat woman, played by Anne Hathaway and John Blake, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, round out the talent in the film.
    The Dark Knight Rises begins 8 years after the Dark Knight, on the anniversary of Harvey Dent’s death, the world has changed. Crime is at an all-time low, thanks to “The Dent Act” which limits the rights of convicted felons, in the way the patriot act does to people suspected of terrorism does in the US. However, this “peace” is disrupted when Bane, an ex-communicated member of the League of shadows, led by Ra’s al Ghul (Batman Begins), has come back to finish Ra’s mission of cleansing Gotham.
    My only gripe with this movie, as with the other two movies in the series, is Bale’s batman. More specifically, the voice he gives batman. The best I can describe it is an angry mono-tone whisper, no matter his audience the voice remains the same; no feeling, no imagination and no real reason why, as it’s not explained in the movie. It is so distracting that is often the one trait that is able to pull me out of a world where a crime fighting billionaire dressed as a bat exists.
  47. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BEST BATMAN FILM EVER!!!! Not Christopher Nolan's best, that title belongs to Inception, but definitely Batman's best! It was the perfect end to Christopher Nolan's perfect trilogy. The most awesome thing in the world would be if they did another one with Joseph Gordon-Levitt continuing the legacy as Batman, as it was hinted at the end of the film. Expand
  48. Feb 4, 2013
    Bane was a much more effective villain for Batman than the Joker. He was calculating and had much bigger designs, and was too smart for Batman (but then again so was Joker), not to mention his superiority in physical strength and fighting skill. I enjoyed his every scene. The best thing about Rises was that the character of Batman was actually developed compared to what pathetic little time he was allowed in the previous movie to get a chance to appear as a human. The plot was relentless and kept me on the edge. Some convenient plot jumps appeared on second viewing, such as Batman's return from the prison to an occupied Gotham. Expand
  49. Jan 29, 2013
    The Dark Knight Rises is the epic 3 hour movie concluding the Dark Knight trilogy as the direct sequel to The Dark Knight. Plot: 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, Gotham's streets are clean due to the Harvey Dent act. Harvey Dent who became the villianious two-face went against everything he originally stood for and was murdered by Commisioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) but blamed on the Batman instead. Presently, Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is in a depression as the Batman is no longer needed and has not made a public appearance since that night as well as his alter ego. However, evil is rising as Bane (Tom Hardy) an ex member of the League of Shadows is creating an underground army to raid Gotham. With tensions rising Batman will come into conflict with Catwoman (Anne Hathaway), and will have to rely on new allies such as Blake (Joseph Gordon Levitt). My opinion: This movie was an epic finale with such well placed story. The story of a man depressed after his duty has been done and cannot move on. Director Chris Nolan has such art of movie making as his story twists and has much relevance to the rest of his briliiant work Expand
  50. Jan 26, 2013
    Maybe i am kind of exasgered, but this is my favorite movie. It has an super emotional story, impresive cast, great effects and so many themes and epic music. Christopher Nolan, epic film
  51. Jan 25, 2013
    Not even the plotholes could stop this movie from being so great. Yep, I said it. The plotholes actually add a sense of mystery to the film, and not only that , it is the most thoughtful, sad, and intense film in the series. I am just angry as to how underrated this film is.
  52. Jan 23, 2013
    Not as good as the Dark Knight, this epic by Nolan is still a masterpiece. Everything is glorious - the filming, the action, the acting, but this time plotholes are present, and if you think about them, they're somewhat big. But those don't spoil the impression of the movie, especially if it's viewed in IMAX. Besides, most of the plotholes can be answered by simple "Because he's Batman!". One of the strongest parts of the Batman stories is the villains. And Tom Hardy doesn't disappoint, his performance as Bane is amazing, considering he can't use his facial expressions due to the mask. I'm quite a fan of Nolan and his Dark Knight trilogy, so I might be exaggerating, but even though TDKR is worse than its predecessor, it is the best movie of summer 2012 and one of the best movies ever. Expand
  53. Jan 21, 2013
    I've seen every movie in this trilogy, The dark knight is best movie. This is an very good superhero movie, very good directed by Christopher Nolan. I like everything in this movie, the cast, the story,....
    This is the best movie of 2012.
  54. Jan 20, 2013
    What a great movie. I loved it so much. Brilliant performances from every member of the cast and a fantastic storyline. It always helps a movie when the bad guy is good and Tom Hardy's Dane was fantastic. Anne Hathaway, Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt were all excellent in th film. One of my favourite films of all time.
  55. Jan 19, 2013
    The best movie of the year in my opinion. It really raps a bow around the Nolan batman trilogy. Sure there are some plot holes, but i think this movie has been negatively received by some people because of the Colorado shooting.
  56. Jan 11, 2013
    How can I describe this movie batman the dark knight rises well with one simple word EPIC everything about the movie is great. I love the cast and how. it didn't change from the other batman movies I also like the new cast members such as cat women ( Anne Hathaway ) defiantly a great way to end the batman trilogy great work Nolan
  57. Jan 11, 2013
    I'm a huge Batman fan, I've watched every movie so far and I have to admit this is not only one of the best Batman movies (I say one of the best because Batman Forever is my favorite, agree or disagree I don't care it's my favorite) but it's also one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's action packed, has a great story, outstanding acting, and some awesome comic tie-ins. An outstanding movie that I highly recommend watching. Expand
  58. Jan 10, 2013
    A brilliant end to one of the best trilogies ever made. Nolan took Gotham to places were no one was expecting. Chris Nolan proved once again what he is capable of with this great film.
  59. Dec 31, 2012
    I thought this movie ticked all the boxes and was the perfect end to Christopher Nolans batman trilogy. The movie was action packed and had everyone on the edge of their seats at the end. The movie contained a great cast with Christian bale, Michael Caine, Morgan freeman, Anne Hathaway and Tom hardy. The only thing that I didn't understand was the ending and batman surviving the nuclear bomb. Some guy I thought. Maybe even robin( Blake) could have been introduced earlier. But to me this movie and the rest of the trilogy are and will be some of the greatest movies ever created. Expand
  60. Dec 31, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the best film of 2012, and is one of the best movies of all time. I respect the people that hate on this movie, but i do believe that they are wrong. The entire cast from Bale to Hardy to Freeman to Cain all deserve Oscar consideration. Nolan should be nominated for best director if not win. Han Zimmer's score is one of the best of the past 20 years but he has out done himself with the theme for Bane, i will say no more on this wonderful piece of music but please go check it out. The Dark Knight Rises is a masterful, wonderful, glorious piece of film-making.A+ Expand
  61. Dec 30, 2012
    Epic conclusion indeed. Nolan had a great start to the trilogy and now he has a great end to the trilogy. It was however a little bit less exciting than I thought but who gives it was still awesome. Tom Hardy gives the performance of his not so great career and Anne Hathway is by far the best Catwoman I've ever seen. Bane was probably one of the most interesting villians ever. Instead of the all-time insane Joker who kills to but fear in people's hearts, Bane humilates everyone in Gotham including Batman. John Blake in the very end is a brief hero but finds his true fate outside of the police force. Now that the trilogy is over though, I have to wonder what Nolan will do now? Expand
  62. Dec 26, 2012
    How could people compare this to the Avengers? The Avengers was a kids movie with horribly bad writing, uninspired acting, and extremely convoluted action scenes. The Dark Knight Rises on the other hand did have inspired acting, a script that was above average for any action film, and was built around action that made sense, and was creative. The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect 10 out of 10 when compared to other films in the big, epic, action adventure genre. Add to this a story that ended the series perfectly, and I have to say that I was 100% satisfied by this film. The only reason that I am giving it a 9 instead of a 10 is because the script, as in all epic, action, adventure films, could have been better. Expand
  63. Dec 25, 2012
    An awesome finale to the series. Not as good as "The Avengers" or "The Amazing Spider-man", but still a very good superhero movie. The best plot and action in the whole series, and the most twists and turns which will glue your eyes to the TV screen. Without a doubt among the best movies in all of 2012.
  64. Dec 21, 2012
    Nolan has, once again, managed to create that thing that made Batman Begins and The Dark Knight so special. I for instance can't name what that is, but I can say this, the movie feels as if every move of action was thought of, every part of speech read through at least a hundred times. The Dark Knight Rises is just one of those movies that leaves you thinking "Wow, I can't even... Wow!". I was speechless when the movie ended. The plot twisted and turned all the time, you could never expect anything or if you would, I bet the plot would turn the other way. Bane as the villain is just what a villain is supposed to be. The movie is extremely dark, and it lets you know that in a lot of its parts. I as a fan of The Dark Knight trilogy can say that this is my favorite movie in the saga, and it ends just as epic as it should. Epic end to an epic trilogy. I would also like to touch on the violence in this movie. It is in my opinion the most violent installment in this trilogy, there is a lot of crime shown and a lot of brutal fighting, but I think any kid 12 years and over should be fine with it. (Batman Begins: Introduction The Dark Knight: Most dramatic, most depressing, The Dark Knight Rises: Most brutal). Throughout the movie you can feel how this is the ending, it all ends here. Expand
  65. Dec 17, 2012
    Not so impressive like its predecessor, but this one is worth to buy: Every stage of the film is good, a good, tragic ending for batman and the rise of the Robin, and the hero is not only batman, but the hero will rise when it comes to its age. That's what the dark knight wants, what our hero will continue ...
  66. Dec 17, 2012
    A quality ending to a truly superb trilogy! Chris Nolan has yet again amazed audiences with a cavalcade of stunning visuals combined with the action packed, suspense filled final installment that was to be expected. The heights of The Dark Knight were difficult to reach and yet this story creates a more complete and fulfilling film as all characters are thoroughly involved within the main plot whilst simultaneously battling their own demons and developing as the 165 minutes come to a satisfying close. Credit must surely go to Tom Hardy for a chilling performance (much from the unique voice) and unfortunately an undeserved, quick demise. It was bound to be a difficult job to take over as villain after Heath Ledger and yet it works on an entirely different level. The Joker was feared due to his disturbed individuality and chaos induced life but Bane is feared for his organization and overwhelming force using all the utilities at hand. Overall nothing particularly let the film down and it easily is the best film of the year in my opinion. It's only stigma was following the critically acclaimed TDK and with the occasional cliche it unfortunately lacked the punch that Nolan had achieved in his previous stand alone masterpiece. It tied beautifully with Begins and has now taken over as my favourite trilogy of all time. Thank you Chris Nolan. Expand
  67. Dec 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O melhor filme de 2012 até agora,o Nolan não teve medo de seguir em frente mesmo com o desafio de fazer um filme sem o coriga,o Bane caiu muito bem como novo vilão e a idéia de destruição de Gotham foi ótima agora o ponto forte do filme foi sim a ressurreição do Batman. Expand
  68. Dec 8, 2012
    I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises on my laptop, and the only regret I have is that I didn't get to see it in a cinema! It is so epic and intense, especially the scenes with Bane... This villain has such magnetism, Tom Hardy has done a very, very good job portraying this new villain.
    However, I can't put 10/10 because of Marion Cotillard. Even though I'm French, I find her so annoying,
    she doesn't put enough soul in such an important character! Casting any other good-looking actress would have been a better option... Expand
  69. Dec 7, 2012
    This film has seemed a lot better than the previous film.
  70. Nov 30, 2012
    3 words: Epic! Epic!! Epic!!!

Nolan never disappoints. TDK rises is an example of Nolan's style of direction, story writing, etc. This movie is indeed a epic conclusion to TDK trilogy. The acting was great, and the actors were also great. Flawless action, and suspense. The movie keeps you hanging there for the entire 2h 45min. The first hour was kinda slow. However it was worth it,
    because the new characters, and their plans were introduced in this sequence. The second hour was again slow, and imo this was the weak point of the film. There were a lot of boring scenes, such as Batman's capture. It was kinda boring. HOWEVER you won't believe it. At first glance I thought this was going to be crap due to the slow start, and middle, but I was so wrong. The climax, or the last hour of the film was unbelievable. I was left speechless. There were at least 3-5 plot twists. Some of them were predictable, however I was blown away with the final plot twist. It was totally unpredictable, imo. The climax made up for all the slow parts. I believe the conclusion was satisfying, and filled with a lot of suspense, and plot twists. Overall rating: 9/10

This movie was not as good as TDK (10/10) because TDK literally was perfect, imo. It had no slow parts, and no boring parts. Everything was perfect. On the other hand, TDK rises was a near-perfect movie. If it weren't for the slow parts then this movie would've been 11/10! No joke. Final words: Very pleased, and it exceeded my sky high expectations.
  71. Nov 30, 2012
    Boo Ya what an epic movie and what phenomenal way to end the dark knight trilogy.The story kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole 164 minutes.The action sequences was done perfectly.The story line was epic,the acting for every actor and actresses was done extremely well.Christopher Nolan does a phenomenel job directing this film. Every Batman movie directed was phenomenal and no wonder the films was a worldwide phenomenel.Unlike other films which had trilogy's and failed for example spider man 1,2 and 3 which truly sucked.But the dark knight trilogy's was the best epic and awesome.This time I did not read the other reviews posted by other users.Until I finished watching the film.And I'm glad to say I truly enjoyed this film.The dark knight rises is one of the best films I have ever seen. Expand
  72. Nov 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight Rises is absolutely amazing and, in my opinion, the movie of the year. Yes, that means I thought it was even better than The Avengers which, in and of itself was also incredible. Batman Begins is still my favorite superhero movie of all-time but this film matchs The Dark Knight if not surpassing it by a hair. I'm big on plot and character development so that's the only potential negative I can give the first Dark Knight. It felt more like an action based movie and got away a bit from the development of the Bruce Wayne character. Well, this movie returns to furthering the development of the protagonist to a very in-depth level. Of course it also had the amazing plot development, action sequences, and dark realism of the first two that made this trilogy as a whole the best set of films in superhero history.

I'm not going to lie, I had some concerns about this movie going in. The first concern was the selection of Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway as Bane and Selena Kyle/Catwoman, respectively. Well, just like Heath Ledger, these surprising selections turned out to be perfect for how the characters were portrayed. As villains go, Heath Ledger's Joker is still the best villain in cinema history as far as I'm concerned but Tom Hardy's Bane comes incredibly close. The only negative I would say here is that there were a few scattered moments where his dialogue was fairly difficult to understand. I think they could've cleaned that up a bit more. Now Catwoman, WOW! I thought Anne Hathaway did an absolutely amazing job here. I honestly think she was by far the best catwoman yet and I don't think she could've done a better job. Kudos to Christopher Nolan once more for seeing what so many other people couldn't.

As I said before, the action sequences were stunning as usual. There's nothing new there. One thing I will say that I loved, as with the first two, is how realistic they manage to keep a lot of the fighting and action scenes. Along with the overall darker tone, the realism has really made this series more enjoyable than ever. The ultimate judge for this movie, though, is how well the plot unravels before your eyes. The first two movies each had pretty intriguing twists and turns that were somewhat unexpected but they don't touch this one in that regard. The discoveries of the Talia al Ghul and Robin characters, Bane's origin and purpose, Catwoman's development (in addition to Batman's as mentioned prior), and all of the tie-ins that round out the trilogy were incredible. Plus, the way the ending unfolds in truly remarkable and writing it here just wouldn't do it justice. I will say this though; I can't wait for the next one, if and when they make it :)
  73. Nov 28, 2012
    Although it is not as cleanly compressed together as its ancestors, Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his - now pristine - Batman trilogy still remains a sweeping, emotional, and completely endearing master work of modern cinema.
  74. Nov 27, 2012
    Other than being a bit of a downer, I don't have much to complain about with the new batman movie. Christian Bale's voice was messed up as usual, and Bane's voice bothered me slightly at first, but aside from that the movie was quite enjoyable. The Imax scenes were crisp and clear, almost looking 3D with the way it was filmed, even though I watched the 2D version. Acting was superb on all counts, save maybe for that of Matthew Modine, who was horrible as usual. Very satisfying ending. Nolan is a genius. Expand
  75. Nov 22, 2012
    Perhaps the one thing that makes this movie stand out above the previous two Nolan installations is its ability to not only keep the audience on the edge of their seat, but to compel them into investing all of their emotion into the characters. Because the previous movies set up the characters so graciously, it is easier to understand the characters' motivations and become more involved in the situations being introduced. The cast is directed beautifully with particularly strong performances from Michael Caine and Tom Hardy. Admittedly, Bane is slightly less captivating than Ledger's masterful performance as the Joker, although he becomes a menacing enough villain to feel fitting as Batman's final challenge. The script never fails even in its weakest moments and will be sure to make spines shudder and tears shed for the more dedicated fans. The real backbone to the whole project is Christopher Nolan's ability to wrap everything he puts on screen into one of the most powerful action climaxes in history. This reinforces the Nolan Batman Trilogy's reputation as one of the most significant reboots in recent memory as well as a true cinematic triumph. Expand
  76. Nov 17, 2012
    Even if there are some elements which make this movie worse than it's predecessor (the near-perfection and a really REALLY complex plot disappeared), the acting and action are spectacular, and we can finally see a development in most of the characters, while in TDK most of the characters have no developments, and the soundtrack is better and more enjoyable than the first two films.
  77. Nov 11, 2012
    I found this a very enjoyable movie and fitting ending to the trilogy. Despite the slow start it soon starts picking up pace and keeps your attention til the very end.
  78. Nov 9, 2012
    They should have shown the experiment and surgery that Bane had in the movie to let the some viewers know who he was. But still, "The Dark Knight Rises" really rose up in the theater, and in the plot, the movie rose perfectly to the climax (where police was lining up to fight against the prisoners and the terrorists). And as usual, Christian Bale was great in the film.
  79. Nov 7, 2012
    There is a way to solve the problem of there currently being no plans for a "The Dark Knight Rises"--Blu-ray + DVD Combo With Limited Edition Bat-Cowl Display Case that would also include "The Dark Knight Reborn". "Reborn" is a documentary on the making of "The Dark Knight Trilogy". It seems that this documentary will only be available with "TDKRises"--Limited Edition Steelbook Best Buy Exclusive.

Obviously, most all of us true fans would much prefer to own the Bat-Cowl plus "Reborn", and not have pay for both the Steelbook and the Bat-Cowl just to have the coolest packaging along with the documentary. Also, I am sure that we all want to know what contents will be included in "The Dark Knight Trilogy"--Ultimate Collector's Edition Set, coming in the fall of 2013, before we decide to buy "TDKR" in December.

Since these products are manufactured by Warner Bros., please go to their website, bottom of page, "Help - Tell Us What You Think", take a survey and send them the following letter in the alloted text boxes. You may also go to the WBShop site, to the bottom of the page, find "Customer Service - Contact Us", and paste the same text into a message and send it to them. Feel free to write your own message, if you can. You may also print the following message and mail it to Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank CA 91522. If enough of us participate, we may get the results that we deserve!

Dear Warner Bros. Home Video,

According to the BestBuy website, "The Dark Knight Rises"--Blu-ray + DVD Combo with Limited Edition Bat-Cowl Display Case will NOT include "The Dark Knight Reborn", which is a documentary on the making of "The Dark Knight Trilogy". So Far, "Reborn" will only be available with "The Dark Knight Rises"--Best Buy Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

We the fans of the Trilogy and the loyal followers of you century's great roster of movies respectfully request that the Bat-Cowl Limited Edition be made to include the coveted "Dark Knight Reborn" Blu-ray Disc. While Steelbook packaging is cool, we many serious collectors will definitely much prefer to have the Bat-Cowl displayed on our shelves. But we do not wish to have to double-dip and buy both the Steelbook and Bat-Cowl, just to have the most prestigious packaging plus the documentary.

If it is too late in the manufacturing process to have the "Reborn" BDs inserted into the Bat-Cowl boxes, then they may attached to outside of the box within a simple cardboard sleeve or else distributed in limited quantities to the first-coming customers. I am confident that Warner Bros. Home Video can find of a way to resolve this problem.

Furthermore, please post the product details and box contents list for "The Dark Knight Trilogy"--Ultimate Collector's Edition Gift Set, which is purported to be released in early 2013, as soon as possible, hopefully before December 4th, which is when "Dark Knight Rises" will be released on Blu-ray and DVD. Doing so will enable us Batfans to decide on whether to acquire "TDKR" in December, or to wait for the Trilogy Ultimate Set.

If there are some other powers that be that we should instead be contacting in regards to these issues, please forward this message to them or else let us know their names, phone numb#rs and/or e-mail addresses.

Thank You So Much for hearing us!
    Sincerely,
    (type your name here)
  80. Nov 5, 2012
    One of my favorite movie series of all time comes to a close in The Dark Knight rises. The third and final film in this Christopher Nolan saga does not disappoint, with exciting action sequences, new villains, and one of the most emotionally moving endings to a film I have ever seen. The movie may be a bit long and the story a little bloated. I personally feel that the movie was not as good as The Dark Knight but is still a fitting end to the trilogy. 9/10 Expand
  81. Oct 30, 2012
    Although it certainly does not match its predecessor, The Dark Knight Rises STILL gives a grand way of ending a great trilogy. Long live the Caped Crusader!
  82. Oct 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was awesome. Don't come in this movie expecting a Dark Knight 2 just as there wasn't a Batman Begins 2. These movies in this trilogy have complete different tones and directions. I would say if you enjoyed Batman Begins more than TDK you will most likely prefer this over BB. If you enjoyed the Dark Knight more than BB its a 50% chance you will like TDKR better. Acting: The acting was great and there was no one I didn't like Action: The best edited action sequences this time around

Score: The best score of the three; i like the blending of the old and new sounds. I loved that ghostly sound that you hear after the prologue and in the song 'Necessary Evil'

Story: This one had the best story and tone out of the three in my opinion. The tone of this movie was a mix of TDK and BB and worked well. Think of this movie as a action-thriller disaster movie. TDK was action-crime drama. BB was action-drama.

Don't listen to the people who claim there are abundance of plot holes in this movie

1) How is Batman on the ice?

Response: There is a certain part on the ice where it gets softer. The guards are standing on the ice as well because they aren't walking for enough to get to the soft part. 2) Talia's death was so fake

Response: I agree it was a little too much but she could have passed out after her body went into shock. Our body's do that as a defense mechanism. I think she passed out because you can live from that or you could die from that, so it can go either way. Your interpretation

3) Bane's death was bad

Response: Batman had already won that fight against Bane anyway until Talia stabbed him in the back. Now the only way to stop Bane is to kill him and thats not gonna be Batman thats gonna be Catwoman. Catwoman cannot fight Bane physically because she isn't as skilled as him so the batpod shot makes sense

4) Where was Batman?

Response: This movie was more of Bruce Wayne's story even when it was more focused on Bruce there was enough Batman to suffice and needed. After all they are the same person

5)How did Bruce get in Gotham?

Response: Bruce has been around the world a lot and knows his ways. He knows how to fly so he could have flew a small helicopter and parachuted in Gotham. If this movie explained it step by step this movie is going to run even longer, infer

6) You could have cut Selina's part out of TDKR

Response: No, she kinda brought Bruce back out in the world to remind him there are people out there still to play with. She had very sly humor and wit that eas a nice touch in this movie as a whole. They both found a clean slate. Together. 7) How can Bruce be with Selina after she has done everything to him?

Response: Even when he found out she was stealing his stuff you could tell he still liked her personality; that especially shows at the charity ball scene. Also when he says 'There's more to you than that', he sees more in her. You can tell Selina cared about him when she found out Bane was beating him up and when she said 'Come with me--save yourself...'

8) How is Bruce going to be with Miranda Tate out of the blue?

At the time he was at his most vulnerable. He just went bankrupt, Alfred is gone, and he has no one. So it makes sense.

I've seen this movie 6 times in the theatre and can't wait to see it more once I get my hands on the blu-ray copy.
  83. Oct 29, 2012
    This is by far the best comic book movie ever made. TDKR deserves every award it gets acting was amazing action was amazing the ending to this trilogy probably makes it the best trilogy of all time. The best movie of the year in four words TDKR
  84. Oct 26, 2012
    In some ways, I think TDKR does top its predecessors. Overall, it is a satisfying conclusion, and I really liked it besides some minor things. 1. I didn't like John Blake being Robin...director Christopher Nolan got Bruce Wayne/Batman's origin story so correct in Batman Begins, the fact the "Robin" was just some cop kind of bugs me. This is my main complaint.

2. Bane's voice was OK, but
    there were parts when I couldn't understand what he was saying due to background noise or loud music. 3. Catwoman's outfit....I just wanted to see some claws, a whip, and a cowl! Expand
  85. Oct 24, 2012
    Nolan done it again. TDKR is a triumph, held down by some minor niggles. Surprisingly, despite my initial negative view of Anne Hathaway as catwoman, I felt that Hathaway has done a terrific job being catwoman and really, this is her sexiest role yet. However, her screentime was a tad lacking and to be honest, her contribution to the actual plot is minor if not unecessary if taking a harsh stance. The brilliant plot, great combination of soundtrack and visual enticements as well as brilliant acting retains the excellent Nolan formula that everyone would enjoy. The fight scenes are genuine not cliche' or death-defyingly unrealistic. The twists in the film will get you, no matter how hard you think each time. And throw in a controversial, highly debatable, ambiguous-as-hell ending for good effect (as always). The chemistry just works and really does prove Nolan's prowess as a director and writer. Dont get me wrong, the movie's not perfect. There are so many plot elements there that can be debated for and many characters actually go against the batman canon (watch for the twist near the end. For avid batman fanboys out there and those who's played Batman: Arkham City, you'll be cutting yourself). Is this better than the Dark Knight? No, not really. Is it worse? No, definitely not. Sure Heath Ledger's joker was a sensation, take that away and apart from some thrills, the 2nd movie is definitely sub-par to TDKR by a cat's whisker. Ultimately, it does have some neglible flaws that you probably wont care if you're just watching the movie for fun. If you're a deep thinker and adopted an 'Inception'-esque mindset to the film, you will find many discrepancies in the plot flow. My money for Nolan's best film is still Inception but TDKR is without question THE best action/superhero film of the year. Sorry, Avengers. While I enjoy Avengers (a LOT to be honest), TDKR just tops the comedy-action formula the Avengers had and introduced the standard Nolan-excellence that we have all witnessed before. An intelligent film with class, brilliant execution and acting definitely tops an all-out action film reliant on CG-sequences/witty dialogue/a truckload of top-end, expensive Hollywood stars. Expand
  86. Oct 17, 2012
    Sorry Avengers. But you just didn't have 70 minutes of IMAX-filmed fight scenes or set pieces, or an extremely intense script and epic story that made The Dark Knight Rises the equal best movie of 2012 so far, as well as Looper.

P.S. Bane is a badass bad guy.
  87. cfh
    Oct 16, 2012
    I think it was a superb movie. I was at the edge of my seat while watching it. So much action. It was a little slow at the beginning but at the end it was excellant. I would deffinately buy this movie.
  88. Oct 16, 2012
    Best movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupid ,Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie are absolutely perfect ,they both got Oscar nominations out of it, for God sake!. Rest in peace Heath Ledger you will never be forgotten Expand
  89. Oct 15, 2012
    Definitely the best Hollywood film of summer 2012. The movie is cerebral for those who appreciate depth, but contains enough action and violence to entertain the masses. Superb acting & a solid script, all against the fittingly-dreary landscape of Pittsburgh, make this a masterpiece. All of this from someone who generally dislikes comic book/superhero movies.
  90. Oct 15, 2012
    Heath Ledger won best supporting actor for his role as The Joker. In my honest opinion, Heath Ledger completely stole the show, he was absolutely magnificent. For sure one of the greatest performances of all time, just such an incredibly talented actor. The Dark Knight Rises is the film event of the summer. A completely satisfying piece of filmmaking that delivers so much more, making for an excellent sign off for one of cinema's finest trilogies. Expand
  91. Oct 13, 2012
    I know all \'Superhero\' movies are far-fetched, but come on, how could anyone believe the escaped convict from The Shawshank Redemption could become a high profile tech-wizard within just a few years.
    He couldn\'t even fix that little wooden boat in Mexico, what? Now he\'s building Bat Mobiles?
  92. Oct 8, 2012
    The acting, writing, drama, and action are of a caliber with Nolan's other great works (The Dark Knight notwithstanding). The only genuine problem with this film is that it had to succeed a true masterpiece in The Dark Knight. Hardy is excellent as a villain (though not quite as chilling and nihilistic as Ledger's Joker) and Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are both strong additions. Perhaps the weight of expectation led to some shortcomings but the final 30-40 minutes of the film are edge-of-your-seat compelling. The conclusion is so startlingly appropriate (read: vintage Nolan) fans should wonder why they thought the trilogy would end any other way. This film, and indeed the two which preceded it, is an absolute must-see. If not for the sake of great cinema, at least for the benefit of knowing how it all ends. Expand
  93. Oct 2, 2012
    This film is great, it doesn't quite live up to the incredible lofty heights of The Dark Knight (2008) but it's still a great watch, the set pieces are fantastic, the scale of the film is ginormous, technical codes are brilliant and to top it all off it's a rollercoaster ride from start to finish.
  94. Sep 23, 2012
    Miedo, chaos, dolor , el resumen perfecto para esta trilogia, y en lo personal, la tercera parte te transmite mucho.-- mucho dolor, desde la salud decayente de bruce wayne pasando por la nueva perspectiva que le otorgaron al origen de bane y el increible desarrollo de la historia que hace pensar al espectador que este es el fin de batman y ciudad gotica, las interpretaciones de los personajes longevos de esta trilogia estuvieron muy bien, a excepcion de un alfred con un enorme conlicto interno que lo hace a mi parecer, la mejor interpretacion; , selina no se queda atras, la interpretacion de anne opaca en muchas formas a la de pfeiffer, aun asi, ninguno de los nuevos actores le pudo quitar la batuta consagrada a ledger como the joker. Una increible banda sonora, impresionantes efectos especiales, grandes interpretaciones, una sublime historia que encapsula a la perfeccion el dolor y la desesperacion a la que el ser humano puede estar sujeto por la debilidad moral de su pueblo y la insertidumbre que provoca una ironica revolucion. no lo piensen dos veces, veanla de inmediato. una obra maestra que ha sido sobrestimada por el villano/interpretacion de su precuela. Expand
  95. Sep 22, 2012
    Thanks to powerful performances, exciting action, and a thrilling script with one of the best endings every in a movie series, The Dark Knight Rises effectively and epically ends Christopher Nolan's masterful Dark Knight trilogy.
  96. Sep 17, 2012
    To call this movie breathtaking would be an insult, as this movie is so much more. This is the stuff William Lincoln was dreaming of back in 1867 when he watched moving drawings rush by through a simple slit cut into a spinning wheel. This film is the trophy of the American film industry's undisputed triumph in the art.
    From some reason I saw the main engineering of this film as a
    parallel with the human need to invent a god and live and die by its terms. Desynthesizing our responsibilities by use of a third party. Everyone is always looking for a leader to give them a tune to march to. Good or bad. So long as there is a tune, there are always willing participants.
    Batman must make a come back, not just to answer to himself, and tie-in the plot of the previous film, but most importantly because people are at a loss after knowing of his existence. Which begs me to wonder: We are all assuming there is a guy sitting comfortably upstairs pulling cords, but what if we really truly knew? As with Batman, we'd be demanding this guy get back to business and do it as we demand him to. After all, his decisions are our lives.
    But let's look at it from another point of view. The bad guy, Bane, also has followers. Hordes of maniacs looking for blind faith to provide them juice out of their vacant existence. Reminding me a bit of a lot of terrorist ideologies. The propagation of a bad idea is often better than having no ideas at all. Check with our past historical dictators to confirm my suspicions.
    "You must do it without a rope." No one could forget those lines. The true motivator of human evolution. Because when it comes down to it, there is no large human accomplishment that has ever been performed with a safety net. Leaps must be made with blind faith. Something takes place in the universe when there is full commitment in place... Notice that I did use 'blind faith' here as well as I used it in the previous paragraph about evil. Because faith works both ways. The flip side of a coin by the name of 'hope.'
    The true lesson Batman delivers here after reconquering his own faith is that humanity must learn to fight its own battles with individually instilled hope and determination. Allow me to explain...
    This one book you might have heard of, the Bible, has a somewhat similar story. It's about an unassuming guy that shows up to perform acts no other man could ever fathom. And when he gets everyone's attention, he tells them that they too can do the same if they only believed. Of course, they think he is nuts. Everyone always misses the moral of the story. The reason why Batman has to go away, as did the guy in the Bible... Witnessing greatness is clear proof that we are all part of it. It's already within each one of us. And it's ok to move forward alone. We all find the way. So long as we have faith.
  97. Sep 17, 2012
    Just to answer the glaring question, no, it doesn't measure up to the intelligence of "The Dark Knight". However, it comes close with pure cinematic spectacle and visual style. A near perfect summation to a brilliant trilogy.
  98. Sep 14, 2012
    It concludes this trilogy in such a great way that makes the three movies function as one piece of storytelling. Most importantly, it's an amazingly written and acted story that lives up to the hype generated by the previous ones and faithful and honest towards the comics that originally brought The Dark Knight to a legend status.
  99. Sep 9, 2012
    All the suspense and action we have come to expect from Nolan, a great film and certainly a worthy ending to such a successful franchise.

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.