Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 20, 2012
Universal acclaim based on 3907 Ratings
3,276
Watch Now
EpicLadySpongeJan 3, 2016
The last in the trilogy is here and it still managed to show what it got to become the last good out of the three in the Batman trilogy. It's so close from it being a 6 though.
SpangleAug 3, 2012
Not better than The Dark Knight, however, still amazing. A lot "creepier" for sure, as well, as Bane is not a lovable villain like the Joker, but is much darker and pure evil. Great ending to the trilogy.
TheQuietGamerJan 11, 2013
I'm a huge Batman fan, I've watched every movie so far and I have to admit this is not only one of the best Batman movies (I say one of the best because Batman Forever is my favorite, agree or disagree I don't care it's my favorite) but it'sI'm a huge Batman fan, I've watched every movie so far and I have to admit this is not only one of the best Batman movies (I say one of the best because Batman Forever is my favorite, agree or disagree I don't care it's my favorite) but it's also one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's action packed, has a great story, outstanding acting, and some awesome comic tie-ins. An outstanding movie that I highly recommend watching. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Although it is not as cleanly compressed together as its ancestors, Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his - now pristine - Batman trilogy still remains a sweeping, emotional, and completely endearing master work of modern cinema.
MovieGuysSep 19, 2013
The best installment of the Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises is involving, gripping, and riveting. The story is on par, as well as a great cast new to the series (Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, etc.). The movie never lags,The best installment of the Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises is involving, gripping, and riveting. The story is on par, as well as a great cast new to the series (Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, etc.). The movie never lags, and Tom Hardy's Bane comes across as a testosterone-fueled hunk of a man who knows true pain and wants to do justice in his own twisted ways.

While some may say that the background story of Bane isn't what's in the comics, just stop. Did it fit the movie? Maybe it didn't, because I bet my ass director Christopher Nolan took that into consideration. I bet they did a screen test, and that storyline didn't work. To be honest, it's not that big of a detail and can be easily overlooked, and it didn't do any damage to the story. In fact, it made it *that* much more interesting.
BrianMcCriticMar 14, 2013
The final installment in the best superhero movie franchise of all time is equal to its predecessors. The additions of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman are great and Michael Caine continues tobe the standout performance.
csw12Aug 14, 2012
Nolan has made an absolute masterpiece on an epic scale. It may not be as good as the Dark Knight and doesn't have a performance like Ledgers, but it is far superior to every other movie out there.
Tss5078Feb 22, 2013
Most of the regular readers of this blog will know that I loath superheros, except for Batman. I've always felt there was so much more then meets the eye when it came to that character, but even I didn't see Batman's full potential untilMost of the regular readers of this blog will know that I loath superheros, except for Batman. I've always felt there was so much more then meets the eye when it came to that character, but even I didn't see Batman's full potential until Christopher Nolan took the reigns. In all 3 of his Batman films, Nolan made the Dark Knight as realistic as possible, with characters we can relate to, real situations, and real dialogue, that's free of all the ridiculous puns it's predecessors loved so much. The third installment takes places eight years after the events of the Dark Knight, when Gotham has been safe, and the Batman wasn't needed. That is until the powerful Bane shows up. Unlike the first two, this script does not follow the original comic story and skews off in several different ways. Unless you're a longtime fan of the series, you won't realize it, but for us fans, there are some very unexpected developments, which I assume were thrown in to throw off even the most die-hard fans. As for the film, it was amazing in every way possible and was everything I expect from Christopher Nolan, but still, it lacked something and that something was an extraordinary villain. We were all spoiled in The Dark Knight with one of the best performances of all time, and while this film is remarkable, it's lacking a stand out performance from one of it's stars. I can find very little fault with this film other than the fact that no one character really stood out and made themselves as memorable as Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight. Expand
grandpajoe6191Aug 1, 2012
"The Dark Knight Rises" is a brilliant summer blockbuster that succeeds responding its massive hype by gloriously ending The Dark Knight Trilogy. Despite some stretched-out plot holes and cliches the movie's story-line is tight and packed"The Dark Knight Rises" is a brilliant summer blockbuster that succeeds responding its massive hype by gloriously ending The Dark Knight Trilogy. Despite some stretched-out plot holes and cliches the movie's story-line is tight and packed with visual eye candy, stuff that you gotta watch in IMAX. Most of the actors from "Inception" are brought down into the film and they boast solid performances. The tone of the movie isn't as dark as "The Dark Knight", but it still is mature and realistic (in a sense...). However what Christopher Nolan hit dead right was, in my opinion. the ending. I won't spoil anything but I can say that the ending is very refreshing and interesting; it's different from the usual linear endings brainless Hollywood blockbuster directors/producers think of. Long story short, WATCH IT. It's not quite the same level as of "The Dark Knight", but it has big scope visual eye-pleasers as well as a somewhat sensational and wise ending; a finishing touch for director Nolan's epic trilogy of the lonesome dark knight. Expand
lukechristianscApr 4, 2014
the batman series is not so exciting . the movie is fun and a rockstar hit . " christian bale is wonderful playin the one and only batman ..........................
Grade A
cameronmorewoodNov 5, 2012
When standing alone, The Dark Knight Rises is a masterpiece in the genre of action cinema. However, when advertised, it is suggested the film is the epic conclusion to the Batman saga, but in the end, the film does not wrap things up, itWhen standing alone, The Dark Knight Rises is a masterpiece in the genre of action cinema. However, when advertised, it is suggested the film is the epic conclusion to the Batman saga, but in the end, the film does not wrap things up, it merely lays the foundation to a new film. Expand
imthenoobAug 31, 2012
It was really rough in the begining but by the end of the film, It was very satisfying to watch. I absolutely loved Bane and thought he was a perfect villain but he didn't get enough on screen time imo. It was a very fitting end to the trilogy.
marcmyworksNov 27, 2013
Unfortunately this film is the weakest of the Christopher Nolan trilogy. The plot is too slowly paced and though the acting is strong, there is no sense of urgency. The film is shot wonderfully but the large scale almost loses the 'realness'Unfortunately this film is the weakest of the Christopher Nolan trilogy. The plot is too slowly paced and though the acting is strong, there is no sense of urgency. The film is shot wonderfully but the large scale almost loses the 'realness' created by the first two. Expand
TokyochuchuAug 9, 2012
Although it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problemAlthough it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usual Nolan punch and the emotions run higher than ever as the movie unfolds. Ultimately, The Dark Knight Rises ends Nolan's Batman trilogy on a high note and secures his franchise a spot in the archives of the all time greats. Expand
ZilcellJul 27, 2012
This year has been historic for comic book films. First we had The Avengers, the biggest collaberation of superheroes ever. Then we had The Amazing Spider-Man, the best origin story ever conceived for the character. Now we have The DarkThis year has been historic for comic book films. First we had The Avengers, the biggest collaberation of superheroes ever. Then we had The Amazing Spider-Man, the best origin story ever conceived for the character. Now we have The Dark Knight Rises, a film that not only ties loose ends for the Dark Knight era, but also becomes one of the most believably dark comic book films ever. Some of the best acting of the year comes from TDKR, and Bane is one of the best villains that has ever been pitted against Batman. Its one of the years best films. Expand
lasttimeisawAug 12, 2012
Watched it in front of an IMAX screen in the cinema, and as the curtain call of Nolan
eagleeyevikingDec 17, 2013
The Dark Knight Rises is an immensely satisfying conclusion to The Dark Knight trilogy although it doesn't really match up to the heights of its predecessor.
FranzHcriticOct 25, 2013
Typical sequel to an amazingly gritty and politically artistic film such as 'Dark Knight' Clumsily loose at times, especially the ending, in which the twist is not an enhancer. Rather sad that Ledger died. Id he'd lived, he'd surely be theTypical sequel to an amazingly gritty and politically artistic film such as 'Dark Knight' Clumsily loose at times, especially the ending, in which the twist is not an enhancer. Rather sad that Ledger died. Id he'd lived, he'd surely be the main antagonist, and this feature would be an epic conclusion to the malevolent and sadistic "thing" that is the Joker of Heath Ledger. I'd also like the film a bit more if some deranged man hadn't gunned down an innocent group of enthusiastic moviegoers. It is enjoyable, mostly. Expand
JacobAug 12, 2012
After many days of waiting I finally got to see The Dark Knight Rises and the one question a lot of people probably want to know is what did I think of the movie. Dark Knight rises is a good film and is much better than the other superheroAfter many days of waiting I finally got to see The Dark Knight Rises and the one question a lot of people probably want to know is what did I think of the movie. Dark Knight rises is a good film and is much better than the other superhero movies of the summer. However, Dark Knight Rises is a good film and a fitting end to the series it is by no means a great film and I did not enjoy it as much as the other Batman films.

Dark Knight Rises takes place 8 or 11 years after the events of Dark Knight (2008). Bruce Wayne has given up being Batman and gone into retirement. Now anew threat known as Bane has shown up and is causing trouble in Gothan. Also there
oxanaAug 24, 2014
A strong 3 1/2 stars. I'm hard pressed to take it down from 4, but frankly, I don't feel the good kind of impact just yet.

I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about this movie. Much anticipated on my part, following one of my all-time favorites, "The Dark Knight", perhaps it was a lot of pressure.

Post-movie, I found myself wondering: "Where is Batman?" - because in a movie about the caped crusader you would imagine getting a lot of screen time from the man dressed as a big bad bat. I found myself realizing that this movie, all in all, didn't focus on Batman - or even Bruce Wayne - nearly as much as I expected. He was there in spirit, but absent in physical presence.

Anna Hathaway as Selina Kyle (Catwoman) wasn't nearly as impressive as you would think. I just felt like she didn't really have a place in the movie.

Tom Hardy's Bane was big and intimidating (although I missed his own voice when Bane's kept pitching up and down).

Miranda Tate (Marion Cotillard, also seen in "Inception" with JGL and Hardy, now that I recall) was a surprise factor, until which point her presence in the movie made me wonder "why?" more than once.

A surprise lies in Joseph Gordon-Lewitt's John Blake (his role just gets better near the end). He got a lot of screen time, and his story seemed more interesting than a lot of the things going on around him. (A special surprise for him near the end!)

Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Fox reprise their roles, but are very low-key, as well as Gary Oldman's Gordon.

All in all the story, sadly, was jumpy, feeling like it was patched together from pieces too small, the scenes not cohesive at all and almost hurried. Maybe it was jerked in too many viewpoints at once, or they tried for a different style, but it didn't work for me, at least not in the first viewing. There was a little too much "tell" rather than "show", to pick up the slack.

The sounds were another thing; the music was too loud, as was the theatrical, dark rumbling. They together drowned anything and everything in their way.

So... definitely mixed feelings after the first viewing, but the movie had a lot of small gems scattered all around. It didn't get close to any of the characters, especially Wayne/Batman, although he was battling rather personal demons all along, climbing back from the depression of the last movie.

Bat-fans: check it out. Definitely worth the watch, and it can only get better in future viewings, that I guarantee.
BroyaxJan 2, 2017
Après un premier épisode moyen de l'ère Nolan/Bale, puis un second film catastrophique, ce troisième volet est comme un soulagement, comme si enfin, Nolan avait trouvé sa voie pour le Batman, une voie qu'on devinait déjà très différente deAprès un premier épisode moyen de l'ère Nolan/Bale, puis un second film catastrophique, ce troisième volet est comme un soulagement, comme si enfin, Nolan avait trouvé sa voie pour le Batman, une voie qu'on devinait déjà très différente de tous les précédents opus de la saga et qu'il peinait déjà à mettre en place dans Batman begins.

Car le choix du réalisme à tout crin et la mise à la benne de tout le folklore délirant de l'univers ne s'est pas fait sans tâtonnements ni -surtout- sans erreurs, de nombreuses erreurs et errements. Personnellement je n'adhère pas vraiment et ai toujours préféré la vision de Tim Burton, gothique, excessive et baroque, la plus adaptée au névropathe en collants.

Nonobstant cette divergence de vue, il faut reconnaître une cohérence dans ce troisième film et un effort de psychologie sur le Batman aux abois, largué et repoussé dans ses derniers retranchements par un ennemi singulier, le fameux "Bane", rejeton avorté de Dark Vador lui-même avec un physique de catcheur. Jusqu'au rebondissement de la fin évidemment, rebondissement bien pourri mais puisqu'il n'y en a qu'un (de rebondissement) on est prêt à passer l'éponge.

La réalisation est maîtrisée, le montage reste clair et fait la part belle au spectacle des effets spéciaux et malgré sa durée qui se répand tout de même inutilement (deux heures trois quarts le bousin !) aucun ennui ne pointe le bout de son groin.

Si le rôle de flic neuneu dévolu au fidèle Gary Oldman est moins neuneu que d'habitude et si Robin est une surprise (je ne m'en serais jamais douté !), Morgan Freeman reste encore un accessoire tandis que Majordome Caine est à peine moins ridicule qu'auparavant. Le pire sans doute est à porter au discrédit de Catwoman : peu crédible, son personnage est devenu aussi superficiel que superflu, désincarné par une Anne Hathaway qui n'a décidément rien pour elle.

Quant à notre Marion... si elle peut tirer des thunes à ces andouilles d'Hollywood, pourquoi pas ! mais pas trop souvent quand même, surtout qu'elle ne s'arrange pas avec le temps.

La musique de Hans Zimmer fait le boulot mais manque d'âme et d'inspiration, ce n'est hélas ici que le minimum syndical d'un compositeur qui a connu mieux.

Finalement, on se demande s'il s'agit encore d'un "Batman" : sa ville générique, les péripéties qui sont devenues presque exclusivement diurnes, les personnages retaillés sous l'angle de "la légitimité réaliste", l'ennemi implacable devenu un vulgaire terroriste... l'homme-chauve-souris a-t-il encore vraiment besoin d'un déguisement ?

Sans doute pas, sans doute plus, ce qui n'empêche pas d'apprécier du beau spectacle et une certaine idée de la "grandeur" du "super-héros"... ancrée dans la réalité.
heyitsmegrif4Jul 25, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises has flaws, and it doesn't live up to the excitement of its predecessor. Yet, it has breathtaking action, dazzling visual effects, and is as emotionally powerful as the finale of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. ItThe Dark Knight Rises has flaws, and it doesn't live up to the excitement of its predecessor. Yet, it has breathtaking action, dazzling visual effects, and is as emotionally powerful as the finale of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. It features incredible performances from Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotilliard, Michael Kane, and Tom Hardy who makes for a terrifying villain. With an amazing original score from Hans Zimmer and breathtaking,thrilling action; this makes for a satisfying and beautiful conclusion to one of the greatest trilogies ever put to film. I give this movie 98%. Expand
TheApplegnomeJul 8, 2014
The final film with our beloved Batman is both awesome, stunning and furious.

The final film with our beloved Batman is both awesome, stunning and furious.

Just as The Dark Knight, we have another incredible well made movie from Christopher Nolan and he keeps me heavily entertained. Just as the previous film, it suffers with a slow amount of action and to much conversations, but in the end is The Dark Knight Rises a hell of a movie, and it might have one of the best endings I’ve ever seen.

Not as stunning as The Dark Knight, but it's still a masterpiece.

The Dark Knight Rises gets a 9/10
StevenFJan 16, 2013
Was it writing on the wall? Was it karma being a **** I mean i suppose we were never going to have two epic superhero films (the other being The Avengers) in the same year...but damn I wanted this movie to succeed in every way, shape and formWas it writing on the wall? Was it karma being a **** I mean i suppose we were never going to have two epic superhero films (the other being The Avengers) in the same year...but damn I wanted this movie to succeed in every way, shape and form that would throw at us...but it just didn't.
Trust me, this movie is fantastic, but its not a masterpiece, by no means flawless and certainly not the best entry into the series.
Set 8 years after the events of the Joker and Harvey Dent fiasco, we see Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale) is a social recluse, shutting himself out to the rest of the world, until of course duty calls to get him back into the swing of the things.
We then see the appearance of Selina Kyle, dressed in a leather suit (lets not say Catwoman) who is arguably one of the standout performances of the film, Anne Hathaway's performance needs to be lauded for her dangerously enjoyable take on the cat burglar, sharp dialogue and not a dull moment with this one.
Tom hardy, as usual, throws himself into the character of Bane, a terrorist here to right the wrongs which he sees have taken over Gotham City, his voice behind the mask is quite chilling to listen to, and his sheer strength which Hardy built up is magnificent.
And yet... all this still couldn't satisfy my appetite for my ideal conclusive film.
Was it the plot holes that bothered me? No, they were the least of my nigglings with this film, i just hold the notion that it was too typical, let me explain.

Too often is a bomb or some sort of 'destroy the whole city' type device is used to gain brownie points, i was so disappointed to see this used in TDKR, from a plot so simplistic yet brilliant in The Dark Knight, TDKR attempts to almost wipe any trace of the Joker ever existing, and replaced it with a corporate sequel, bad guys who are after Wayne Enterprises, Bruce Wayne building something which in turn can be used as a nuclear bomb, these common devices to try and create a conclusive story just didn't suit the mood that Chris Nolan was trying to create.
The large fire-bat signal on the bridge was of particular annoyance to me, i felt it was too old school, it was a step back, it was unrealistic and rather cheesy. Too much time was wasted in the prison, (anyone could have guessed that he shouldn't have used the rope in the first place) and Bane was surprisingly under used in large portions of this film, he was the physical match to Batman and yet he seemed to be standing around for most of the film.
For these, this film doesnt get a 10, it was excellent, it had thrills, it had heart and it had thought, but not logical thought, falling into traps which big dumb blocker busters tend to do, but I didn't expect this normally straightforward thinking film to follow the same path.
Worthwhile performances of Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman, make this film hard to diss in terms of acting.
The set pieces are magnificent, but again, not as thought provoking and mental as TDK.
Very enjoyable, pulsating action and stellar performances, but The Dark Knight Rises just wasn't satisfying enough and made too many mistakes to have me straight thinking throughout its run.
homer4presidentMar 13, 2015
Christopher Nolan's concluding vision of the legendary Caped Crusader may just possibly go down as one of the strongest closing chapter to any franchise in modern cinema. With it's top-notch performances, and action-packed set pieces, TheChristopher Nolan's concluding vision of the legendary Caped Crusader may just possibly go down as one of the strongest closing chapter to any franchise in modern cinema. With it's top-notch performances, and action-packed set pieces, The Dark Knight Rises ends the franchise on a satisfying high note, delivering one of the most powerfully engrossing climaxes in recent memory.

The acting here, like in Nolan's other Batman flicks, is nothing short of phenomenal. Hardy, while not quite as memorable as Heath Ledger's Joker, gives the performance of his career as Bane. His haunting voice and intimidating muscular physique are only matched by his calmness toward the chaos he causes everywhere he strikes.

Although The Dark Knight Rises never truly reaches the same groundbreaking heights as its predecessor, I loved every minute of it. The fantastic storytelling, the gritty visuals, the brilliant character development. There's nothing here that isn't worthy of praise in my book. Nolan truly capped off his one-of-a-kind superhero trilogy in a way that no other director could've accomplished. Sure, the narrative can get a bit messy at times, but when compared to everything else, the film does right, it hardly matters. Honestly, I can't recommend this movie enough. For any fan of dark,gritty, action-packed filmmaking, this is an absolute must-see.
Bruce722Nov 29, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight Rises is absolutely amazing and, in my opinion, the movie of the year. Yes, that means I thought it was even better than The Avengers which, in and of itself was also incredible. Batman Begins is still my favorite superhero movie of all-time but this film matchs The Dark Knight if not surpassing it by a hair. I'm big on plot and character development so that's the only potential negative I can give the first Dark Knight. It felt more like an action based movie and got away a bit from the development of the Bruce Wayne character. Well, this movie returns to furthering the development of the protagonist to a very in-depth level. Of course it also had the amazing plot development, action sequences, and dark realism of the first two that made this trilogy as a whole the best set of films in superhero history.

I'm not going to lie, I had some concerns about this movie going in. The first concern was the selection of Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway as Bane and Selena Kyle/Catwoman, respectively. Well, just like Heath Ledger, these surprising selections turned out to be perfect for how the characters were portrayed. As villains go, Heath Ledger's Joker is still the best villain in cinema history as far as I'm concerned but Tom Hardy's Bane comes incredibly close. The only negative I would say here is that there were a few scattered moments where his dialogue was fairly difficult to understand. I think they could've cleaned that up a bit more. Now Catwoman, WOW! I thought Anne Hathaway did an absolutely amazing job here. I honestly think she was by far the best catwoman yet and I don't think she could've done a better job. Kudos to Christopher Nolan once more for seeing what so many other people couldn't.

As I said before, the action sequences were stunning as usual. There's nothing new there. One thing I will say that I loved, as with the first two, is how realistic they manage to keep a lot of the fighting and action scenes. Along with the overall darker tone, the realism has really made this series more enjoyable than ever. The ultimate judge for this movie, though, is how well the plot unravels before your eyes. The first two movies each had pretty intriguing twists and turns that were somewhat unexpected but they don't touch this one in that regard. The discoveries of the Talia al Ghul and Robin characters, Bane's origin and purpose, Catwoman's development (in addition to Batman's as mentioned prior), and all of the tie-ins that round out the trilogy were incredible. Plus, the way the ending unfolds in truly remarkable and writing it here just wouldn't do it justice. I will say this though; I can't wait for the next one, if and when they make it :)
HalfwelshmanOct 20, 2012
The filmmaking powerhouse that is Christopher Nolan has delivered a pretty satisfying final chapter of his Dark Knight trilogy. The plot of The Dark Knight Rises is a slow-burner, but the stockpiled tension you accumulate over the film wellThe filmmaking powerhouse that is Christopher Nolan has delivered a pretty satisfying final chapter of his Dark Knight trilogy. The plot of The Dark Knight Rises is a slow-burner, but the stockpiled tension you accumulate over the film well and truly explodes in an epic finale. This Batman series also, gratifyingly, feels like a complete story that brings you full circle rather than a succession of tacked-on sequels thanks to an extraordinary joint writing effort by the Nolan brothers and David S. Goyer. This is one of the most enjoyable of the Caped Crusader's screen outings, being dark, provocative and relevant to the modern world (perhaps slightly heavy-handedly) but also never forgets to be fun, and to be a genuine superhero film. Is Tom Hardy's Bane a more memorable villain than Heath Ledger's Joker? No, but he's an entertaining, distinctive antagonist with a wonderfully odd voice and some of the best eye-acting ever committed to screen from Hardy. Bane's introduction scene is arguably on par with the Joker's from the previous film - both are creative, thrilling heist scenes that are served beautifully by Nolan's love of IMAX. The old faithfuls of the franchise - Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman are good as ever, and Christian Bale impresses as an older, creakier Batman. Series newcomer Anne Hathaway is mesmerising playing the manipulative and morally ambiguous Selina Kyle AKA Catwoman, who proves herself to be at least as formidable as her pointy-eared associate, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt manages to hold his own in a cast of big-hitters. The main crime The Dark Knight Rises commits is attempting to tackle too much. The plotting is a lot looser this time round, conveniently glossing over such narrative inconveniences as the passage of time and geography, and there are frequent references to things that supposedly happened between the last film and this one, often resulting in an information overload. A lot of narrative fat could have been cut at the beginning of the film, and a tweak in plotting in the first act would have certainly helped with the flow of the story. The Dark Knight Rises is still a hugely entertaining and handsome-looking film, but if the story had been stripped back a little, and been more focussed, then perhaps a more consistently enjoyable final product might have emerged. Expand
Rox22Apr 7, 2013
For me this is really an extremely over-hyped movie. and thanks to the hype it led me to be a bit disappointed. For a movie about Batman, Batman isn't really in it that much. Tom Hardy does a great job of portraying Bane & Anna Hathaway is aFor me this is really an extremely over-hyped movie. and thanks to the hype it led me to be a bit disappointed. For a movie about Batman, Batman isn't really in it that much. Tom Hardy does a great job of portraying Bane & Anna Hathaway is a fantastic Catwoman. But even with top end effects and great acting, it does not save it from some sloppy writing. So much detail went inot almost everything in this movie, yet there are so many plot holes and "convenient" occurrences to give this film the credibility it desperately wants. On top of that, it has soooo much padding that it feels like it goes on forever. This movie could easily have been cut down to a more reasonable running time. Still, I digress. I still think it is a great movie. Not as good as the previous one but better than all the other batman movies (aside from Tim Burton's Batman.)

Overall: Dark Knight Rises perhaps tries to do too much and in that gets a little lost at times. Still, Nolan did succeed to make an epic ending to his saga and I still thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
Movie1997Mar 24, 2013
This not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom HardyThis not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom Hardy really brings in the fear of Bane with his incredible acting and dark complection to a wonderful villan. Anne Hathaway showcase's a sexy cat who can kick some serious butt. She truly is one of the greatest actresses of 2012. Surprisingly, i thought it was better than "The Dark Knight", but that's just me. I think the story is more darker and engaging than Dark Knight, but the Joker (Heath Ledger) is still the greatest villan ever. Overall, it's a tremendous movie, GO SEE IT! Expand
diogomendesJun 29, 2014
One of the most entertaining movies ever! Bane's voice is terrifying, Catwoman is hot and Batman is spectacular in his return to the cinema. This is a epic movie filled with plot twists, inspiring scenes and an intense soundtrack!