Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 20, 2012
Universal acclaim based on 3896 Ratings
3,266
Watch Now
Monster75Jul 23, 2012
The wait was fruitful as I saw the movie on the very first of its release. The movie will add laurels to the career of Nolan and I want to thank him for presenting my best comic hero so well on screen. TDKR is a well thought end to the seriesThe wait was fruitful as I saw the movie on the very first of its release. The movie will add laurels to the career of Nolan and I want to thank him for presenting my best comic hero so well on screen. TDKR is a well thought end to the series and the way Nolan has innovated the background of the characters, be it Cat woman or be it Robin,is commendable.Now on not only I am a big fan of Batman but also of Nolan, the year brain behind this awesome series which will always be remembered by movie and batman lovers.One more important thing was the way in which the three parts were connected with each other. Every character has its importance and series couldn't be thought of as a success if any one the characters is removed. Such was the level of brainstorming involved in the project. Hats off to the maker and the actors Expand
WattsFinn387Jul 23, 2012
This film is absolutely fantastic, and a great ending to one of the best trilogies that Hollywood has ever produced. Anne Hathaway gives a stunning performance as Catwoman, and Tom Hardy is truly menacing as the films villain, Bane. As ever,This film is absolutely fantastic, and a great ending to one of the best trilogies that Hollywood has ever produced. Anne Hathaway gives a stunning performance as Catwoman, and Tom Hardy is truly menacing as the films villain, Bane. As ever, Michael Caine gives another classic performance, perfectly portraying Alfred Pennyworth. The plot is great, with twists and turns, and a very unexpected ending. The script writing is excellent, and Banes voice belies his true nature. Overall, this easily one of the best films ever made, and I recommend it to everyone and anyone. Expand
KevinsBaconJul 23, 2012
The biggest problem with this film is the writing. The dialogue was rife with awkward exposition and a character that was completely comprised of one-liners. Despite this, one gets the feeling that the actors delivered their lines with asThe biggest problem with this film is the writing. The dialogue was rife with awkward exposition and a character that was completely comprised of one-liners. Despite this, one gets the feeling that the actors delivered their lines with as much conviction as they could and performances were solid all around (Bale, Levitt and Cotillard are consistent performers), with Tom Hardy's Bane being the highlight. The notable exception is Anne Hathaway, who was gratingly cheesy as Catwoman, and her performance just didn't fit the tone of the movie at all. Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman were sorely underutilized. Too many characters keep us from getting to know any of them well. The movie would have been better if it focused on developing fewer to a greater extent. Okay, so it's not Shakespeare and the dialogue isn't of paramount importance, but much of the action felt a little lazy and uninteresting as well. The bar was set so high with Begins and TDK, and after the fanfare and buzz surrounding this film have died down, it will be viewed as the weakest of an otherwise solid trilogy. It's not to say this movie is all bad, there are definitely some compelling scenes that will deliver the goods to action and drama fans and you can tell that Nolan did have a grand vision with this epic, and though he falters at some places, there is visceral satisfaction where he succeeds. Expand
HadrianusSep 1, 2012
This movie is awesome.Better than The Avengers and The Hunger Games.Too much action.It's incredible the action.I thought that there isn't a hope.But it has a hope.
Jesper101996Jul 23, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is the best movie ever, their is always thing you shall thing twice about and under the whole movie i was entertained, the movie had so many plot twist that ist keep the movie injoignable the whole time, watch the movieThe Dark Knight Rises is the best movie ever, their is always thing you shall thing twice about and under the whole movie i was entertained, the movie had so many plot twist that ist keep the movie injoignable the whole time, watch the movie if you... oh what is it im saying just watch it because it is a amazing film and you will not regret it :D Expand
absol1082Jul 23, 2012
well the latest batman film from Christopher Nolan is a fantastic experience for batman fans, comic book fans and anyone who into seeing **** explode. the movie has some great moments and great action scenes ( i won't go into detail on thesewell the latest batman film from Christopher Nolan is a fantastic experience for batman fans, comic book fans and anyone who into seeing **** explode. the movie has some great moments and great action scenes ( i won't go into detail on these events, due to spoilers) and the ending sure is a reason to see the movie and it wraps up the trilogy perfectly. Expand
JackOfAcesJul 23, 2012
Astounding! A movie that will have you experience every emotion that you can imagine, from fear to hate to sadness. A fitting end to the greatest trilogy ever made.
The-RyanJul 23, 2012
This year the world has been graced by the presence of another Christopher Nolan's master piece. The years past the world been overwhelmed by the story telling and action embedded in a Nolan film, such as Inception and The Dark Knight.

In

In 2012 the highly anticipated movie The Dark Knight Rises did not disappoint, the action pack 2h 44min blockbuster has set the bar for the rest of the batman film which are to come but also comic book movies in general. This movie is not only the last and final chapter in Nolan's trilogy but also one of the best. The story in the 3rd installment of trilogy really recapture the first two films, this really ended the trilogy "in a full circle" as Christian Bale mentioned. The first 10min of the film really sets out how the rest of the film will play out. The intensity of the film from the very first minute and didn't let go, audiences are trapped in this state of intensity, nervousness and action but also capturing you within this unbelievable story which is layered out so delicately for you to see. The movie is so cleverly crafted that it added unbelievable depth to the story with layers of action, the large scale characters within this film became nesseary to complete this story. The whole journey of the story lead up to a point, the ending which allow audiences are to interpret the way that would like preceive it. like all Nolan batman the movie is so realistic to a point that you could really believe that it might be real, it might have happened and a brilliant man have captured this on film. This movie is seriously unbelievable. I have the pleasure and honor to see it in IMAX, the IMAX experience is like no other. The vase screen really bound u within the film. At no point of the film I found myself in need to check my phone or entertain myself while this scene pass....NO, this movie is the single greatest MASTERPIECE, I was on the edge of my seat every step of the way and that is just incredible. In movies like Iron Man, Spiderman or even Captain America I don't find myself on the edge of the seat, yes those films are funny at some point and fun to watch but they lack realism! This is a really important nature of the film industry, realism and Nolan is able to provide that in every film he makes. Nolan films never lack excitiments or explosions, it embedded good story telling, action and morals in his film and that's why he is claimed to be "The Best Story-teller of this generation!" The Dark Knight Rises surprise me every step of the way, I had no idea where I would lead me and what might happen next. I did went back to see it a the second time and still it's thrilling and exciting, it didn't lose any excitement for me I can go back and see it over and over again and it would still be an absolutely incredible film just like The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight is the best movie in the world for me I saw it 10times in cinemas(no joke) and it was exciting everytime. This movie also been about to provide that incredible Nolan feel and excitement that makes you want to go see it again. No doubt this is tied with The Dark Knight as my favourite films of all time.

I high recommend this movie for all ages. If you are a batman fan, you have to go see it, if you are a Nolan fan definitely go see it, if you are 7 and want to see a movie go see it, if you are looking to see a movie on a romantic date go see this film, if you are bored and want to see a masterpiece go see this movie. There is no flaw that I can pick from this movie, I looked for it but none what so ever. Plus final note, reviews by Chicago Reader and New York Observer are simply untrue may of the stuff they wrote I found to be untrue and not related to the film at all.

So what are you waiting for go see the greatest film of all time!! THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
neocomp92Jul 23, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is an urban legend that with trilogies, the second installment would be better than the third because they have thought of everything out in the second, and the third would be just a rehashing of ideas, if not implemeting less than stellar ones. I thought Christopher Nolan would be the one who would rise above this curse. I thought wrong.

First up, know that I had not refreshed my memory on the Batman trilogy by rewatching the first two movies beforehand. Second I was seriously not expecting an actor that would achieve the heights of the late Heath Ledger. Bless his soul, anyone who tries to replicate him would fail. Keep these two facts in mind as I review the movie.

For Pros: The movie has achieved its overall objective of completing Bruce Wayne's story arc, whilst intertwining it with the Bane/Talia plot. Whilst the plot is simplistic than TDK, the whole theme of TDKR is physical pain, not intellectual prowess. Tom Hardy portrayed an excellent performance of Bane based on the comics, a brute with the intellect that is simply not befitting the stereotypical mook. His body and eye expressions are amplifying the words he speaks. The use of autotunes on Hardy's voice is initially weird, since you get a voice not too dissimilar to Sean Connery, but is acceptable nonetheless. Too bad he is not the principal villain in this movie, or I would have given him an A. Anne Hathaway portrays Catwoman stunningly. A woman that can easily act and adapt to her situation, she is indeed Batman's match. There is something unique with her portrayal that makes he beautiful on the outside and inside without being as seductive as Michelle Pfeifer did, but still achieving the same result.

Michael Caine, despite his more brief appearances, still manages to portray an Alfred who is also a fatherlike figure of Bruce Wayne. In fact, his penultimate scene with Bruce in the manor (telling the secret of Rachel's letter), was almost tear-jerking. If only the movie had more of the emotional impact that Caine had pulled with his character, it would have bumped the score up.

Bale did try to portray a Bruce Wayne bored of his "normal" life, and a Batman that has been rusty since TDK. While great, there is actually no impact whatsoever from his performance, partially because of how the movie was structured.

TDKR is more action oriented, but not as obnoxiously loud as Avengers and Transformers. While more action does not necessarily make a bad movie, TDKR suffers from unfocused storytelling, coupled with a "take it for granted" attitude of the audience, that they already know about the previous two movies. It will not hold your hand if you feel lost at what is going on, expect to be left high and dry as I was. Sure you get flashbacks that make sense, but the actual emotion and atmosphere must be extrapolated from recent This is where the CONS start; the two parallel plots of Bruce and Bane/Talia felt as if they were at loggerheads, instead of meshing seamlessly. You feel as if the movie has no idea which direction it was going, but it still managed to reach a climax nonetheless. In between you get references to previous movies and how it affects TDKR currently (e.g Dent Act, Dent's alleged matyrdom), but because of the unfocused approach there is no Ahhhhh moment where you feel the true nature of such acts. It is just mentioned, you know about it, moving on..... With so much examples of this storytelling, any emotion or atmosphere created is just ruined.

There is also quite a bit of plot holes and applied phlebotinums (movie magic), such as Bruce's crippled state and his cure, backstory on how Wayne Enterprises fell apart, how the reactor came to be as well as how "Miranda Tate" came into the picture. All of these may seem superfluous, but given the storytelling it only makes you feel as if these elements had more to it. It was as if the 2.5 hour movie was cut from an otherwise perfect 4 hr version.

The ending was the product of this storytelling. Never mind the use of comic book deaths, or how Blake becomes the next Batman simply by reading a note and moving to the Batcave. Its the Selina and Bruce romance. I get the symbolism and what Nolan was trying to do, but the execution is p*** poor. There is no romantic tension between the two, or if there was, it was completely one-sided on Selina's side. I am not expecting sex (that was done with Talia), but from the man who made the Rachel romance great, this is a bad U-turn. A romance that was too sudden.

I want to give this movie a mixed, but it doesnt deserve it. Many fans tell me the movie was akin to Begins. If that's the case it is a bad sign; I had completely forgotten Begins and have no incentive to rewatch it like TDK. And even to die-hard Batman fans, lets face it, it is not as great as TDK even without Heath's magic working on it.
DenychzJul 24, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best of this year so far, breathtaking great script,acting and story is better then in dark knight in my opinion. The ending just awesome,this is the last film of trilogy,so your imagination will complete the story after ending. That would be great if Nolan filmed spinoff for how Blake become Nightwing or spinoff with catwoman. Expand
sbhattacharyaJul 24, 2012
A "BATMAN" movie is always eagerly anticipated and when it follows a worldwide blockbuster like "The Dark Knight" and a heath Ledger portrayal of Joker which re-defined the psycho villains in Hollywood and worldwide, then an enormousA "BATMAN" movie is always eagerly anticipated and when it follows a worldwide blockbuster like "The Dark Knight" and a heath Ledger portrayal of Joker which re-defined the psycho villains in Hollywood and worldwide, then an enormous expectation from the third part of BATMAN franchise is nothing but an understatement.
Christopher Nolan comes back with his dark shade of batman which kept us hooked to the screen twice before in recent past.
Nolan's batman was more real and appealing to everyone as it wasn't bound just as a kid movie but much much more than that.
Now who have followed the trailer already know this is the last part of the franchise and with words "This is where it all ends" and "An epic conclusion" just adds to the fuel.
So now mother of all questions: Does "The Dark Knight Rises" fulfill all the expectation?? Is it the at the same level as the "The Dark Knight"?? Does Nolan get it Right the third time?? Can
Viral_VoraJul 24, 2012
Christopher Nolan directs the third of his Batman Trilogy reuniting the series regulars and introducing others that worked with him on Inception. Nolan
TDK_96Jul 25, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises has everything. The dark, serious tone used throughout the trilogy, amazing acting performances, a great plot that supports its nearly 3 hour run-time, and enough explosions and awesome fight scenes to satisfy actionThe Dark Knight Rises has everything. The dark, serious tone used throughout the trilogy, amazing acting performances, a great plot that supports its nearly 3 hour run-time, and enough explosions and awesome fight scenes to satisfy action junkies. It ends Christopher Nolan's perfect superhero trilogy, in a perfect and memorable way. Expand
metasevenAug 1, 2012
I say this is a good movie, slow build up, just how I like it but never boring. For my taste this is one is a whole level better than the previous Batman movies, cos for some reason I never got really into the "groove" with them - In "DarkI say this is a good movie, slow build up, just how I like it but never boring. For my taste this is one is a whole level better than the previous Batman movies, cos for some reason I never got really into the "groove" with them - In "Dark Knight" the Joker was brilliant but that didn't make the movie for me, but now with Dark Knight Rises you get more sucked in and you are more interested in the characters and build up of the plot. Bane, the bad guy a-la-carte just oozes with mysterious aura and you listen to every word he says like a curious cat.

Its not a perfect movie but a perfect choice for a successful night of popcorn-eating entertainment ;)
thenocapsguyJul 25, 2012
Simply stunning- Filled with everything from fast pace car chases to hand-to hand combat to mind blowing evil, the twist will make you totally rethink the movie. This is a must see (Several times) and I will b the first in line to buy itSimply stunning- Filled with everything from fast pace car chases to hand-to hand combat to mind blowing evil, the twist will make you totally rethink the movie. This is a must see (Several times) and I will b the first in line to buy it when it comes out on DVD 10/10 all the way Expand
spikey07Jul 25, 2012
Anyone who has seen this movie once n felt bored n overstuffed needs to watch it 2nd time. U gonna luv it, i tell u coz the first time it feels like listening to 5 hours long lecture of ur teacher at college covering upto 3 long chapters. AsAnyone who has seen this movie once n felt bored n overstuffed needs to watch it 2nd time. U gonna luv it, i tell u coz the first time it feels like listening to 5 hours long lecture of ur teacher at college covering upto 3 long chapters. As u watch it the 2nd time or the 3rd, u will be very familiar with the small characters n ur mind wont be diverted frm the emotions n action spectacles n most importantly the central story coz u will know how they r gonna wind up dead or disappear frm the movie. yeah too much muchness has cost this movie many negative reviews even frm diehard Nolan fans but i tell u when u watch it 2nd time, everything u dislike about this movie calling it boring will be substantially reduced. IT is the movie whre Nolan isnt only interested in character of Bruce/ Batman but also on other characters of Gotham like kids, prisoners, oppertunists, rich fortuners, dutiful cops, terrrorists, newcomers in Gotham n many many more. All these characters build up Gotham city i.e 12 million other people xcept Bruce Wayne. Nolan's intention of picturizing all the lives of people residing in Gotham City in this huge canvass of epic movie comes with a little bit price like overlong, boring n maybe even bloated coz the uninteresting portions will occupy ur mind n may even sideline the interesting portions like actions or raw emotions coz u know the better parts are there in the movie but you cant remember where. But if u watch it 2nd time u already know there r this unteresting portions or characters n hence u can focus more on the interesting ones. This movie is epic, grandest n most spectacular movie of this summer but it is also something that tests your focus, attention and patience. If u succeed in your test, the outcome is the most rewarding one you have ever received with the grand climax n the perfect ending.

Even Bane made me emotional. I dont think he is wasted at all. Before his death, he surely has his moments. Marion Cotillard is even great too. Anne Hathaway is stunning as Selina Kyle. Though a cat burgler she has her emotional side. U can see her sad facial expression and even tears during some moments in her eyes. The best performance goes to Michael Caine. Though his role is short, he gives u the necessary emotion to carryout in the movie. Christian Bale is better than the last, looked to me on par with that of Batman begins as Bruce Wayne. Joseph Gordon Levitt is pretty good. He is the most optimistic character of the movie. Action scenes r stunning especially the football stadium one. The ending is brilliant though i dont think even now Batman really lives. I think Chris hasnt made it clear he lives or not. The ending doesnt give clear answer. Its just the indication that Christopher Nolan n Christian Bale will be no more in Batman franchise.
If u dont love this movie, then dont go to theatre to see movie again. IT just ask u for ur little patience(maybe more), focus n attention and as i said the reward will be truimph victory for you.
A piece of advice- i found staying at the front seat as possible than at the back more enjoyable in the theatre as it enriched my viewing experience n i also had more focus/ attention and hence it didnt felt boring at all the 2nd time i watched it like the 1st time. I also have heard from some of my freinds that if u watch it more, the more u will love it. Its like a feast that u cant eat n digest at once. U will need repeated visits to fully absorb and enjoy all the stuffs in the movie when everything makes perfect sense.
rahul16Jul 26, 2012
at the oscar screening someone told that no one was exited ,but i would like to say that if no one was exited than why they went for the movie no one is capable of capturing sir nolan's visionary story telling by combinig the technicalityat the oscar screening someone told that no one was exited ,but i would like to say that if no one was exited than why they went for the movie no one is capable of capturing sir nolan's visionary story telling by combinig the technicality with the human emotion so intimate. it's truly another masterpiece from the greatest director of all time and looking forward to see all his movies. and i would condemn the colorado shooting. Expand
Natexd3Jul 26, 2012
I waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though),I waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though), but Tom Hardy does a very very good job. Anne Hathaway has surprised me, I thought she would be boring and bad, but like Tom Hardy, she acts very well. I don't know why some people hate this movie, but I enjoyed it like heaven!!! Expand
JoshiliciousJul 26, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie I have ever seen. I felt like everything was done right to end this Batman trilogy. It was the most epic, and the most emotional Batman to date, and I couldn't have been happier with theThe Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie I have ever seen. I felt like everything was done right to end this Batman trilogy. It was the most epic, and the most emotional Batman to date, and I couldn't have been happier with the acting, the characters, the music, special effects, and the action in this film. Bruce was more heroic in here than in any Batman film, and we see how human he really is so we connect to him more. Bane was an amazing villain, and actually really creepy. Hardy did a great job with using just his eyes, tone of voice, and body language. It's difficult to get the emotions and the point across with a mask on. He did perfectly. Anne as Selina Kyle was also a great addition to the movie, and she performed brilliantly. All the actors did well in this film, and the movie had a satisfying ending to Nolan's Batman trilogy. It is by far the best comic book movie ever created, and might be the best film ever created. With a smart, brilliant, emotional, heroic film like this, everyone should go to the theater to see it at least once. Maybe even twice. Watching this film opening night was the most fun I have had at the theaters. This is definitely a must see. Expand
dman0618Jul 27, 2012
A sequel to "The Dark Knight" is a challenge by definition, since it's extremely difficult to surpass the film's incredible plot and majestic performances (especially Heath Ledger's). "The Dark Knight Rises" surprisingly manages to live up toA sequel to "The Dark Knight" is a challenge by definition, since it's extremely difficult to surpass the film's incredible plot and majestic performances (especially Heath Ledger's). "The Dark Knight Rises" surprisingly manages to live up to its formidable predecessor with excellent visual and sound effects and new characters with a storyline that will leave the audience completely thrilled and entertained. Expand
PadmeJul 27, 2012
This film is completely amazing, a master piece you could say. The central theme of TDNR is hope, and you will gain it and loose it just as the characters do. You know, some scenes, dialogues are so powerful, so moving, so wonderfullyThis film is completely amazing, a master piece you could say. The central theme of TDNR is hope, and you will gain it and loose it just as the characters do. You know, some scenes, dialogues are so powerful, so moving, so wonderfully achieved, you will feel like crying. The work of all the actors is incredible, plus, Nolan achieved the redemption of some of the plot characters, which seemed impossible given the fact they were so poorly represented in the others (not-nolans) batman movies. Expand
baKedbeAnsJul 27, 2012
One word to describe this movie is EPIC. It completes The Dark Knight Trilogy perfectly, even though Bane is not as great as a character as the Joker, the character was still amazing. Highly recommended.
mears87Jul 27, 2012
GO SEE THIS MOVIE! It had so much expectation to live up to with the first two installments of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy but oh it delivers!

The cast as always is fantastic and they deliver some great performances here. The ambition of the story is epic and covers so many bases. I am just so impressed with what Nolan has been able to achieve i think this will go down as one of the great trilogies.
HellydJul 27, 2012
To be 100% honest, this is probably the best Superhero movie (and trilogy) i have ever seen in my entire live. It's full of emotion, darkness and pain, and it makes us think. It's not only entertainment, but the perfect combination of PopTo be 100% honest, this is probably the best Superhero movie (and trilogy) i have ever seen in my entire live. It's full of emotion, darkness and pain, and it makes us think. It's not only entertainment, but the perfect combination of Pop Culture and Humanity. It's a job that deserves applause of every person who claims to be an HQ fan. Thakns Nolan, Bale, Cane, Freeman, Ledger, Hardy, Lewitt, Hathaway, Eckhart, Neeson, Gyllenhaal, Holmes, Murphy, Oldman, and everybody who was involved in the trilogy!!! Expand
MihirJul 28, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cristopher Nolan has done a Fab Job ! Thanks for such great movie ! Bane (Tom Hardy) though not Good as Heath Ledger..but still makes a Tough fight against Batman ! Christian Bale is always good for the 'Wayne' character ! Anne Hathway as Bat Girl is Average ! Michael Caine has a Good Role to play ! Rest the Background score will hyper you ! The Batman Theme is just Amazing ! Hope to see such movies again ! Regards ! Expand
bella_spainJul 28, 2012
Absolute Perfection! After waiting almost a year since first Trailer, I couldn't be more satisfied as I am. It was a really good and entertain movie.
BIGWHIT425Jul 28, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a huge fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy. But this film really put everything together properly of a good bad guy. With Bane giving Batman many chances at foiling his plot to destroy Gotham city he really dropped the ball and allowed Batman to Escape Twice & to carry the bomb away from Gotham and to save the city. If Bane was truly a "Villain" he wouldn't have just let the cops of Gotham city just sit in hole and allow them to possibly escape and also foil his scheme...which they did while being added by Batman. I also expected a much better ending to the movie. I wish they could have tried to do better with the writing. Expand
ajotafulJul 29, 2012
Magistral , monumental, épico, sin duda la mejor película de superhéroes jamás creada. Perderse ésta película sería un crimen y es más después de verla le van a dar ganas de repetir.
Ready2ReviewJul 29, 2012
I adored Batman Begins and thought Nolan couldn't top it, and thought he pushed superhero movies to the limit with TDK. Nolan has done it again with TDKR. The movie strives, not for being the 3rd and final installment in the series, but forI adored Batman Begins and thought Nolan couldn't top it, and thought he pushed superhero movies to the limit with TDK. Nolan has done it again with TDKR. The movie strives, not for being the 3rd and final installment in the series, but for being different. TDKR isn't just another Batman movie and doesn't try to ride on the success of TDK, it changes the tone almost completely. That is why I enjoyed the movie, because it felt fresh. Your introduced to many new characters like Blake and Catwoman, both Gordan and Hathaway played their roles fantastic. Bale is the best Batman I have ever seen and his acting skills shined in TDKR. I do believe Bane came close to the Joker in the TDK. Because he gave off a feeling of true evil as Tom Hardy played a engrossingly disturbing character. I have heard complaints of plot holes and can tell you there aren't any. Go see this movie. Expand
TinkersoonJul 29, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After seeing this movie the first time, it was almost surreal. I had been waiting so long for it and when it was finally over it was almost sad knowing that Nolan's really done making his interpretation of Batman. That being said, I will not be one of those people that compare it to The Dark Knight. This was a whole different movie in itself, as The Dark Knight was a completely different movie than Batman Begins. My only gripe after watching this movie was that the almost 3 hour runtime almost didn't seem like enough. There was a LOT of story told in a very brisk pace. This movie certainly warrants two views. After watching it the second time, I was really able to sit back and take in the plot points forming around all the characters. I found this movie emotionally gripping to a large degree. The first fight between Bane and Batman was so intense yet satisfying being that the first comic series I ever read was the Knightfall saga. My favorite scenes had to be Bruce escaping the well finally as well as well as the ending which was infinitely satisfying. The flashback to Gordon putting the coat around a young Bruce Wayne in the film's end was stirring to me. This movie was not Oscar worthy, but it is by far the best movie I have seen this year. Being that Batman has always been my favorite superhero, it is saddening to me that this trilogy is finally over due to the fact that I don't believe any director will ever explore the Bruce/Batman and is surrounding world so vividly and deep. Christopher Nolan has done such a great job emotionally investing the audience with these characters. I heard sniffles all around when Alfred was crying at Bruce Wayne's tombstone. All in all, this was just a fantastic movie. Expand
evanlpJul 29, 2012
After four years of waiting, the anticipation for The Dark Knight Rises was massive. It seemed almost an impossibility to be able to equal or greater it's predecessor. Early reviews from critics appeared to confirm my fear that it could notAfter four years of waiting, the anticipation for The Dark Knight Rises was massive. It seemed almost an impossibility to be able to equal or greater it's predecessor. Early reviews from critics appeared to confirm my fear that it could not rise to the heights reached by The Dark Knight, but nevertheless I was present on opening day. Over the last nine days I have watched the movie three times and I have no hesitation in saying that it is the best superhero movie I've ever seen and one of the greatest films ever made. While TDKR may lack the presence of a character as engrossing as the Joker, the acting of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle was excellent. This is also the best performance from Christian Bale as Batman. While TDK may have been all about the Joker, TDKR is all about Batman and the completion of his journey. TDKR definitely has the most semblance of a comic book world compared to the previous films and seeing Batman and Selina flying over Gotham in the Bat on a foggy night really visualizes this feeling. The story, which has a great mythology surrounding Bane's character and Batman's fall and ultimate rise, ties in nicely with the first movie and builds to a sensational climax and brilliant conclusion with a few surprises. The Dark Knight Rises higher than I possibly could have imagined. Go watch it. And then go watch it again. Expand
oreilly63Jul 29, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The one thing I will admit is that the film isn't as good as the dark knight, but other than that I really enjoyed it, the twists in the film were really entertaining and kept me wondering what the next step for the plot was, not one point in the film was I off the edge of my seat.
Also I thought every actor gave a performance to be proud of with perfect timing and emotion.
Nolan should be proud of this masterpiece, best film of 2012 so far.
movieman101Jul 29, 2012
A brilliant film overall, although quite slow in the beginning and was a little hard to hear Bane's voice throughout the film (this may be because i sat quite close to the screen in the cinema). A must watch for fans of Nolan's films and ofA brilliant film overall, although quite slow in the beginning and was a little hard to hear Bane's voice throughout the film (this may be because i sat quite close to the screen in the cinema). A must watch for fans of Nolan's films and of Batman in general Expand
P4R4D3Jul 30, 2012
This movie was absolutely great. It made me feel all good inside. OMG it was so good!!! Many parts were great in the movie giving an epic feel to the overall movie including the moment batman comes out once more and the final fight scene withThis movie was absolutely great. It made me feel all good inside. OMG it was so good!!! Many parts were great in the movie giving an epic feel to the overall movie including the moment batman comes out once more and the final fight scene with bane and all the police. I also enjoyed the fact that in the end you are given a little awesome boost with robin!!! Expand
Diomedes001Jul 30, 2012
This is, without precedent, the most sophisticated epic so far. Nolan is the master of the ancient Greek kind of drama. This is like Beethoven's the 9th. People, just go to the cinema!
ceddiecedJul 30, 2012
Simply the best...better than all the rest!!! this movie right here had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire film..I was literally amazed at hw excellent The Dark Knight Rises is such an involving story of seeing our favorite heroSimply the best...better than all the rest!!! this movie right here had me on the edge of my seat the whole entire film..I was literally amazed at hw excellent The Dark Knight Rises is such an involving story of seeing our favorite hero rise..go see this as many times as u deem necessary lets all make this the biggest movie of all time!! i have already seen it twice and the 2nd time really let me know..this is the best movie of any kind i have ever seen and nw iam ready for my third viewing in the IMAX .Christopher Nolan u are a genius Expand
Peter93Jul 31, 2012
The best superhero trilogy ever!Thank you Christopher Nolan.You know how to make movies and that is seen in the last part of The Dark Knight,The Dark Knight Rises.It brings stuff from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight movies and concludesThe best superhero trilogy ever!Thank you Christopher Nolan.You know how to make movies and that is seen in the last part of The Dark Knight,The Dark Knight Rises.It brings stuff from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight movies and concludes everything so perfect,even though some of you didn't liked the previous movie,you will surely like this one more,because of it's intense action scenes.For the ones who liked the last movie there is still this great character development and slow paced story.Like the last two movies The Dark Knight Rises feels realistic in almost every aspect even though it's a superhero movie.It began,it went dark and it Rose to end in an EPIC scale! Expand
d_brunoJul 31, 2012
Totally enjoyable. I think people went to the cinema with way too many expectations and forgot to watch the movie for what it was worth. On it's own, people would have generally loved the film a lot more. I think one set went expecting TheTotally enjoyable. I think people went to the cinema with way too many expectations and forgot to watch the movie for what it was worth. On it's own, people would have generally loved the film a lot more. I think one set went expecting The Dark Knight part 2 and the other went with crates of comics expecting something else. It was a brilliant movie with a worthy villain and I have nothing but praise for it Expand
weapon_ashJul 31, 2012
A good ending for an excellent trilogy. But bear in mind, that you must of watch 1 and 2 to really enjoy this story and look at it from a real world perspective.
EriasteJul 31, 2012
Outstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. IOutstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. I alternately cried, laughed and gaped in awe at the ending of this movie. The only downside (if it can be considered that), is how long the movie is, but it's worth it for the content. Don't get up partway through for the bathroom, you don't want to miss a thing. Expand
veritas-vincitJul 31, 2012
A powerfull film. Una pelicula poderosa, con la capacidad de hipnotizar a quien no busca tecnica pura o guiones perfectos. Simplemente es una pelicula para disfrutar sin juzgar y dejarse llevar a una historia epica que sin dejar de serA powerfull film. Una pelicula poderosa, con la capacidad de hipnotizar a quien no busca tecnica pura o guiones perfectos. Simplemente es una pelicula para disfrutar sin juzgar y dejarse llevar a una historia epica que sin dejar de ser fantasia bien podria suceder en el mundo real. Expand
PennerJul 31, 2012
This movie stands out as a great film, even with some plot holes and the bad guys in the film did have an absurd evil plan, but it does meshes well with the other two former movies to create a perfect trilogy.
jm24itroyalAug 2, 2012
Although it was a great movie, it could never live up to it's expectations. Very much on par with the second film though. Great completion to an awesome trilogy.
FyouwannabeturdAug 1, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F you all wannabe haters. Seriously , i've seen people giving low rates because they COULDN'T **** UNDERSTAND THE DAMN movie, seriously, if you're that dumb, go back to your The Iron Lady crappy sleepy overrated movie.
That last movie was the conclusion i was hoping for, the music, the acting was perfect, the dialogues, they connected lots of points from the previous movies. **** when alfred told he had to quit, i almost cryied (friends nearby, couldn't) , right when you're starting to get a lil' bit bored, it goes and BAM! another **** amazing thing happens, not explosions and that, it's things that blow your mind, like when that freaking catwoman locked him against Bane.
Now talking about Bane, his voice was pretty darn good, **** you wannabe haters saying that it looks like Darth Vader's, it was good.
Seriously, it makes me mad people giving low grades, saying **** like "Oh, i couldn't understand it and i'm sure half of the people that watched also can't" or "It's only explosions and especial effects".
To those retards i only say that: GO BACK TO YOUR STUPID BORING DOCUMMENTARY MOVIES, or back to that surprisingly bad, boring and annoying movie called The Iron Lady, or the King's Speech.
PAndABL00d15Aug 2, 2012
TDKR is an amazing movie even when compared with the first two. Although it lacks the depth that is expected from a Nolan film it ends the trilogy perfectly and ties up all three movies. TDKR gets even better the more that you watch it andTDKR is an amazing movie even when compared with the first two. Although it lacks the depth that is expected from a Nolan film it ends the trilogy perfectly and ties up all three movies. TDKR gets even better the more that you watch it and you feel that you get more out of it when you do. By far the best movie I have seen since Dark Knight. Expand
Ron2737Aug 2, 2012
The Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -notThe Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -not of a hero but, of a story. Expand
Crazy-ElAug 3, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nolan opens a door on a new vision to realize in the cinema the Super-hero. A disturbing Trilogy, TDKR is already, according to me, the Cult movie. The most disturbing of the Trilogy, TDKR goes up in crescendo in one unprecedented finale in this genre. Expand
LeprykonAug 3, 2012
Sadly, worst of the Nolan's trilogy. It has very little original concept, half of the film feels like rearranged scenes from Dark Knight, the other half is boring. It's hardly even a Batman movie anymore, previous one managed to remain trueSadly, worst of the Nolan's trilogy. It has very little original concept, half of the film feels like rearranged scenes from Dark Knight, the other half is boring. It's hardly even a Batman movie anymore, previous one managed to remain true to it's comic book origin, this one falls as far as Joel Schumacher's Masterpieces (Not saying that DKR is anywhere near that bad overall, but I wouldn't say that about ANY movie).
Still quite a spectacle, but some plot would not hurt. (Especially since Batman Begins and Dark Knight had a plot. Why this one doesn't? I have no idea.)
Jefferystar94Aug 3, 2012
Despite Bane being completely one dimentional and an uninteresting plot twist, The Dark Knight Rises makes up for its flaws by superb acting from everyone (Hathaway is a suprising standout) and exciting narative that always manages to keepDespite Bane being completely one dimentional and an uninteresting plot twist, The Dark Knight Rises makes up for its flaws by superb acting from everyone (Hathaway is a suprising standout) and exciting narative that always manages to keep you entertained despite the film's almost two hour length. Overall, this was my least favorite of Nolan's Bat trilogy, but Rises still manages to set the bar for not only superhero movies but the film industry as a whole. Expand
sathyanreddyAug 5, 2012
This is Epic, This is Classic, This is Ultimatum!!! How could someone MATCH Dark Knight? This is the answer, Action, Emotion, Darkness, Humanity, Chaos, Merry what is not in this? Go Watch this!!! This is the Best Super Hero Movie and thisThis is Epic, This is Classic, This is Ultimatum!!! How could someone MATCH Dark Knight? This is the answer, Action, Emotion, Darkness, Humanity, Chaos, Merry what is not in this? Go Watch this!!! This is the Best Super Hero Movie and this the Best Super Hero Series of All time. You do miss Joker rather Heath. Christopher Nolan, You ARE THE BEST!!! There is Batman and then there are the rest! Expand
XposureAug 5, 2012
To put it shortly; it's good, but not as good as people make it out to be. The plot is great, the score is superb, the action sequences are mostly top notch, and the actors deliver solid performances. Unfortunately, the movie also containsTo put it shortly; it's good, but not as good as people make it out to be. The plot is great, the score is superb, the action sequences are mostly top notch, and the actors deliver solid performances. Unfortunately, the movie also contains obvious flaws. It's got a fair few cliches, Bane is not that great of a villain, and the ending doesn't leave enough to the imagination. Expand
NIntendoFan94Mar 6, 2013
The Dark Knight Rises is such an amazing movie! The epic finale of the Dark Knight trilogy has finally started out. I love the trilogy. It has a perfect emotion! Batman is my favorite hero
sanctuaryreviewAug 6, 2012
Christopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has beenChristopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentless hype. It is very clear how much of an impact these films have had on us over the past half of a decade and I see that impact multiplying as The Dark Knight Rises finally hits the big screen. This movie contains anything anyone could ever want from a piece of the Nolan/Batman saga; heightened emotions, poignant character speeches, and a commendable story line as well as many, many action sequences and explosions.

The film opens much like The Dark Knight, revealing the villain right away from the get-go to foreshadow further chaos. This time around, Bane (Tom Hardy), a menacing mastermind born into a life of captivity, has one plan and one plan only and that is to bring anarchy to Gotham City in honor of the League of Shadows and Ra's al Ghul's death. For those unaware it should be known that this Bane is not your bulky, drug-induced, raging maniac henchman seen in the 1997 film Batman & Robin but instead, we see a far more distinguished, well-informed antagonist that not only has a master plan for his taking over of Gotham but also withholds enough combat training to rival Batman, which is how the comic books intended it to be. Hardy's Bane is portrayed perfectly as Bane soullessly attempts to destroy the status quo of Gotham City in an attempt to give power back to the people. Bane's efforts are very similar to that of Heath Ledger's Joker from the previous film but instead of attacking the minds of Gotham's finest, Bane goes straight for the heart.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is nowhere to be found. Forced into retirement by his unlawful murder conviction of Gotham district attorney Harvey Dent, Wayne is forced to watch from the sidelines as his company diminishes as well as the city he had formerly sworn to protect. That is, of course, until the ruthless and relentlessness Bane strikes Gotham, forcing Wayne and Batman out from hiding to help defeat the city's new attacker. It sounds cliche, but everything in this movie has a purpose.

Intertwining love interests pop up for Wayne in the form of the seductive jewel thief Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) played by Anne Hathaway as well as Wayne Enterprise business associate Miranda Tate played by Marion Cotillard. Though the relationship between Wayne and Tate comes off as a little rushed, Wayne's interactions with Kyle are nothing short of magnificent as Hathaway silences the doubters that were oh so prevalent when it was announced that she would be fulfilling this role.

The first half of Rises is mostly set up for later events up until the the pivotal scene in which Batman faces Bane for the first time one-on-one. This scene's importance focuses on fear, helplessness and watching a hero that America has come to love and adore for so many years become as useless and vulnerable as the mindless heaps of thugs the caped crusader has disposed of over his days. Every moment after this scene sees the drama escalating to new levels as we witness the emergence of John Blake (Joseph Gordan-Levitt) from faceless cop to hard-nosed detective as well as Wayne's metaphorical and physical rise to prominence once again.

Of course, with any superhero movie one will always have issues. The dialogue, especially from the Dark Knight himself, sometimes comes off as commonplace for any ego-boosted superhero and some of the political and business aspects of the movie may come off as scattered or a little hard to follow. These small mishaps however are irrelevant if you're willing to pay enough attention to detail and look over those glitches in dialogue. The side plots and monologues (specifically from Michael Caine's excellent adaptation of Alfred as well as Selina Kyle) emerge as brilliant, informative and ultimately quite vital to the film. Everything in this movie is significant toward the final outcome and that's something that we cannot really mention about The Dark Knight.

In the end, this movie is stunning. Everything from the acting to the writing to the special effects is top notch and all mesh together perfectly to bring to you the perfect conclusion to Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Though the ending may be surprising to some, I feel Nolan set out to do what he had to do and pulled it off marvelously.

CraaaazyEddieAug 24, 2012
Truly amazing. Every minute was a pleasure. The ending was magnificent and rounds up everything perfectly, yet leave continuity in place for the next movie to come (as surely as it must)! Though I sympathise with the director who steps up toTruly amazing. Every minute was a pleasure. The ending was magnificent and rounds up everything perfectly, yet leave continuity in place for the next movie to come (as surely as it must)! Though I sympathise with the director who steps up to fill Nolan's shoes :-)

GarianAug 8, 2012
It was a pretty damn good movie, it had a very strong plot and story, the acting was very good, although I can imagine the actor who played Bane was having fun walking around not saying anything. I can't help but say though, that 'The DarkIt was a pretty damn good movie, it had a very strong plot and story, the acting was very good, although I can imagine the actor who played Bane was having fun walking around not saying anything. I can't help but say though, that 'The Dark Knight' was much better than the 3rd installment, without the Joker, no Batman film will ever be the same. Expand
makkyAug 7, 2012
Being a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixedBeing a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixed feelings about it probably because I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. At the same time I felt gutted that this would be it as Nolan wouldn't be making any more.
After reading numerous reviews on here and in other places, I felt compelled to see it again.
So, last night I did. So glad I did. Even though I knew how the film ended it was still an exciting experience. My cinema ticket (which was in my hand), had been ripped to pieces towards the climax.
On second viewing you get a chance to take much more in.
The acting was superb across the board with Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle the best of the lot.
I never doubted for a minute she would be a great choice and she didn't let me down.
Can't wait for the DVD release which will hopefully have extended scenes. When that comes out I will watch the whole trilogy in it's entirety.
Brilliant ending to a brilliant Batman series beautifully directed by the master of modern film making.
Classic.
anthonyvilagAug 7, 2012
Extremely well done movie... Epic scenes....Tom Hardy did an amazing performance....It's a shame that the voice was very criticized. It's a great ending for this amazing and epic saga. Anne Hathaway...best Catwoman yet. Loved the great scaleExtremely well done movie... Epic scenes....Tom Hardy did an amazing performance....It's a shame that the voice was very criticized. It's a great ending for this amazing and epic saga. Anne Hathaway...best Catwoman yet. Loved the great scale scenes. Powerful Ending Expand
javy90Aug 7, 2012
This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by farThis movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music, it was all amazing!! All of this batman films stand alone and they altogether establish one of the best trilogies of all time... and the fact that it deals with a superhero is impressive! Overall the movie is a glorious achievement for Nolan and the icing on the cake for this near perfect trilogy!! I recommend to see twice!! Expand
BingFootball10Aug 8, 2012
Christopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have doneChristopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think the movie as a whole was great as the rest of the series and it ended things where you can wonder what happened after and where if thats it then you can be satisfied knowing things ended well. Expand
GreenmemberAug 8, 2012
It's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role getsIt's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many other films this year that have such a rich, deep, and fantastic story as TDKR. The master shots are beautiful, the characters are distinct and intriguing, the progression is swift and goes well, even if it's a little on the longer side. Still it's 2 hours and 45 minutes of the best story hollywood has to offer. It deserves an Oscar nomination I'd say, and easily reigns as the best film of the year, along with topping off the best film trilogy of all time. Expand
geogirl2014Aug 9, 2012
Many thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie withMany thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie with joker was terrifying, emotional and amazing, but it nothing compared to this one. This one is so much more, action, emotion, terror, and a touch of humor. This movie is one for the ages and will last forever. Expand
dROK83Aug 9, 2012
To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, andTo say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character. Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job, and really surprised me as Selina Kyle. I also liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, and loved how they used his character in the film.

While it seemed a little rushed at times, even at 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought Nolan managed to wrap everything up nicely in the end. A fitting conclusion to what has become my new favorite trilogy.
JTKelleyAug 10, 2012
Very well done conclusion to the trilogy with enough plot to have easily made up two movies and taken up over four hours. As it stands, the plot was squeezed and rushed through an already long time frame, but the movie comes out aces due toVery well done conclusion to the trilogy with enough plot to have easily made up two movies and taken up over four hours. As it stands, the plot was squeezed and rushed through an already long time frame, but the movie comes out aces due to great performances from Caine, Bale, and Hathaway. Expand
TimhortonsAug 10, 2012
Its a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave oneIts a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batman is just impossible. Expand
feyzaguirreAug 12, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises has problems with pace and new characters not fully flushed out but despite all that it still manages to be one of the most densely themed trilogies ever. Better than Begins, not Dark Knight. Amazing score as always, itThe Dark Knight Rises has problems with pace and new characters not fully flushed out but despite all that it still manages to be one of the most densely themed trilogies ever. Better than Begins, not Dark Knight. Amazing score as always, it will be stay on my iPod for sometime. Expand
JoestonlineAug 12, 2012
When I first saw this film, I stood up and said how lame it was. But after finding that so many other people liked it, I went back, and yeah, it worked much better for me. But I had to concentrate so hard. Medication side-effects means thatWhen I first saw this film, I stood up and said how lame it was. But after finding that so many other people liked it, I went back, and yeah, it worked much better for me. But I had to concentrate so hard. Medication side-effects means that short-term memory loss is going to hit me in this kind of situation, and the fact that there are so many new characters didn't always work in my favour. But there are good visual effects, Bane works well as an evil character, a certain naughty cat burglar wheres a lovely little outfit and I'll probably buy it on DVD to finish off my collection of the trilogy. Expand
btzneb92Aug 12, 2012
I'm saying it right now: This kicked "The Avengers" ass, placing this movie to be my favorite film of the year so far. Not to mention that this final installment solidly places Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy to be the best superhero seriesI'm saying it right now: This kicked "The Avengers" ass, placing this movie to be my favorite film of the year so far. Not to mention that this final installment solidly places Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy to be the best superhero series in cinema (It could have been Spider-Man if "Spider-Man 3" didn't **** everything up). I have to place this movie at the bottom of the installments, leaving "Batman Begins" still my favorite installment, but that in no way in hell means that the term "weak" can be applied in this movie. It's incredibly difficult to compare the installments to each other, because all of them are so different from each other, in their types of genres alone. "Batman Begins" is crime noir, "The Dark Knight" is a pyschological thriller, while "The Dark Knight Rises" is an event action-oriented spectacle. Yes, this movie lacks some of the logic that the previous film have, along with the plot being a mess at times, but that in no way makes it any less of a great movie. Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman is fantastic, Tom Hardy as Bane definitely gives off a threatening presence, while JGL as John Blake/Robin makes as a strong and likable character. The film easily is the most comic book movie of the entire trilogy, but it's done well with the vision of scope and spectacle that Nolan provides. Again, awesome movie. Can't wait to see it again. A satisfying conclusion to the best superhero series in cinema. Expand
cinecriticAug 14, 2012
Muy buena película y muy buena trilogía. sinceramente no creo que alguien pueda hacer una mejor película con un mejor final sobre Batman. el villano Bane tal vez no sea mejor que el Joker de The Dark knight pero enMuy buena película y muy buena trilogía. sinceramente no creo que alguien pueda hacer una mejor película con un mejor final sobre Batman. el villano Bane tal vez no sea mejor que el Joker de The Dark knight pero en términos generales la película cumple con lo esperado. muy buenas actuaciones e historia , totalmente recomendada. Expand
Xavo24Aug 16, 2012
Christopher Nolan returns to surprise us with their talent in this latest installment of the trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises. With a good cast, with a dash well structured, with shocking music, with a plot in constant suspense, with a goodChristopher Nolan returns to surprise us with their talent in this latest installment of the trilogy. The Dark Knight Rises. With a good cast, with a dash well structured, with shocking music, with a plot in constant suspense, with a good close, Nolan takes Batman another level. Darker, dramatic and shattering than any other film of a comic book superhero. Hopefully this great director back soon with another of his great movies. Expand
MrRPGAug 15, 2012
BANANAANANANANANANANANANANA BATMAN!!..
This was a very worthy conclusion to the epic batman trilogy..
Sexy!, Action Packed!, Explosions and **** This is a fantastic movie, a must watch!..
Stop reading this review and watch the Goddamn Movie!!
Majorcritic25Aug 18, 2012
A 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie.A 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie. Bane made me shiver. Tom Hardy did an excellent job playing such an evil part. The twists were just as great. By far though, the star of the movie was Anne Hathaway for her stunning performance as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She played the role like she has been that person her whole life. Absolutely stunning. My only complaint was that they didn't include Bane's backstory, but other than that, this film was a site to behold. Christian Bale did his finest work as the playboy billionaire turned hero Bruce Wayne/Batman. David S. Goyer wrote a fantastic story as well. The end of the movie was a total cliffhanger also. Everybody in the theater thought this may actually be the end, but turns out, it may not be the end. Here comes sequels... Christopher Nolan, you have done it again. Expand
zied12Mar 2, 2013
I never thought that superheroes movies were believable until i saw the batman trilogy Christopher Nolan proves to be one of the greatest directors ever, Anne Hathaway is a beautiful addition and the ending was promising and decent for aI never thought that superheroes movies were believable until i saw the batman trilogy Christopher Nolan proves to be one of the greatest directors ever, Anne Hathaway is a beautiful addition and the ending was promising and decent for a trilogy very well done Expand
aunjel29Aug 21, 2012
Well what can i say about this movie...it was pretty good but it was extremely long more than 2 hours wtf i was getting cranky but overall it was good
jasonjia123Aug 26, 2012
Best movie of all time, what Dark Knight has done for the genre, Rises reinforces in full force. As a matter of fact, it's about time for us as the audience to stop remarking at what an excellent comic book movie has been made and start toBest movie of all time, what Dark Knight has done for the genre, Rises reinforces in full force. As a matter of fact, it's about time for us as the audience to stop remarking at what an excellent comic book movie has been made and start to appreciate them for the works of art that they truly are. TDKR is a gripping, emotionally potent modern war epic that will leave you with breathless with delight and anguish (simultaneously) by the end. Expand
PepticNightmareOct 14, 2012
Despite being the final film of the trilogy is it mostly accepted you could have missed The Dark Knight to understand this film. With that said however this is by far the best of the trilogy it's a visual masterpiece and Bane made such aDespite being the final film of the trilogy is it mostly accepted you could have missed The Dark Knight to understand this film. With that said however this is by far the best of the trilogy it's a visual masterpiece and Bane made such a great villain and added more to the story-line. The big problem I have with the film is how predictable it was, I saw the ending coming and I saw other parts of it coming. Expand
dinojay2Aug 25, 2012
Bane is one of the best villains in a long time. Fascinatingly strange. And Nolan does a typically great job of working in other story lines without forcing it.
kingofbrooklinAug 26, 2012
First off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is aFirst off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes sense and feels complete. I would compare this movie to the Return of the Jedi. Sure it's not the best of the 3, but it creates a logical conclusion worthy of the trilogy as a whole. Expand
Jailhouse_McGeeOct 12, 2012
It can't really reach the level of it's predecessor, but it is still a great ending for this trilogy. It starts a little bit slow, and gets lost in all the poltlines from time to time, and i also felt that it was a little bit to long... ButIt can't really reach the level of it's predecessor, but it is still a great ending for this trilogy. It starts a little bit slow, and gets lost in all the poltlines from time to time, and i also felt that it was a little bit to long... But with it's darkness, story, action and gifted cast, it's a great ride.
And maybe I am willing to give it half a star more once I've seen the german dubbed version and finally understood, what Bane was mumbling all the time :D
ichiroAug 29, 2012
This movie was awesome from the beginning to the end. I never enjoyed in a movie that good since The Dark Knight. The previous movie was way better. But this one was good too, it was exciting all the time. Anne Hathaway really surprised meThis movie was awesome from the beginning to the end. I never enjoyed in a movie that good since The Dark Knight. The previous movie was way better. But this one was good too, it was exciting all the time. Anne Hathaway really surprised me with such performance. Also the ending was pretty amazing.
The only thing I didn't liked about the movie was the ending with Blake - this was unnecessary. But anyway, it's a good movie.
greekstar93Aug 29, 2012
The best of the current Batman trilogy! Great story and acting. Good cast too! This film takes you much deeper than the previous two and also keeps you guessing throughout it. Has a great ending and keeps the doors open.
ImOnFireSep 2, 2012
Bane is a boring villain. There was too much Bruce Waine drama for too few Batman action. We were required to take too many leaps of faith. The people from Gotham (I mean, the good citizens) should have had more participation in the movie.Bane is a boring villain. There was too much Bruce Waine drama for too few Batman action. We were required to take too many leaps of faith. The people from Gotham (I mean, the good citizens) should have had more participation in the movie. The story feels a bit recycled, with the difference that this time it also feels nonsensical at parts. Despite all of this, I truly enjoyed the conclusion of the trilogy. Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon-Levitt really enhanced the movie. The climax of the movie was well developed and I liked the ending. Expand
PTDoughertySep 3, 2012
With Batman Begins, Nolan set the benchmark for the superhero genre by showing us what it
OutATimeJul 26, 2016
I'm not sure about this portrayal of bane, although well acted, he falls a little short of mark for me. (Although he is still leagues ahead of other on screen banes so far) The film was a bit slow, but over all I think we can forgive it forI'm not sure about this portrayal of bane, although well acted, he falls a little short of mark for me. (Although he is still leagues ahead of other on screen banes so far) The film was a bit slow, but over all I think we can forgive it for not reaching the same heights as the Dark Knight. Expand
ReasonsToHateItSep 4, 2012

A comedic Review of The Dark Knight Rises. Take with a grain of salt. Enjoy and don't be too serious.
rxul14Sep 6, 2012
Un film lleno de emoción , efectos visuales increíbles, una actuacion muy buena de parte de anne hat thaway.Sin embargo los errores notorios hacen que mi calificacion no sea perfecta. No obstante este film no deja de ser unaUn film lleno de emoción , efectos visuales increíbles, una actuacion muy buena de parte de anne hat thaway.Sin embargo los errores notorios hacen que mi calificacion no sea perfecta. No obstante este film no deja de ser una obra maestra. Expand
MouthofSauronDec 10, 2012
"The Dark Knight Rises" ends the trilogy with a bang, though it might not live up to the greatness of the "Dark Knight". A complex, captivating, and thrilling experience.
charlesobrienSep 9, 2012
All the suspense and action we have come to expect from Nolan, a great film and certainly a worthy ending to such a successful franchise.
NickmoviesSep 8, 2012
This was a really good movie. Now before I get ahead of myself I will start by saying that this was definitely not the best of the Nolan batman's but it was a really fun time. Although there were a few flaws near the end of the movie it didThis was a really good movie. Now before I get ahead of myself I will start by saying that this was definitely not the best of the Nolan batman's but it was a really fun time. Although there were a few flaws near the end of the movie it did not make me look at the film in a different way. Expand
peterbmacdSep 10, 2012
At nearly 3 hours, one might be skeptical to find it zooming by. Luckily, it does just that. I don't believe that any part had deserved the right to be cut. It had quite a lot more action than its predecessor, but it was thoroughly enjoyed. IAt nearly 3 hours, one might be skeptical to find it zooming by. Luckily, it does just that. I don't believe that any part had deserved the right to be cut. It had quite a lot more action than its predecessor, but it was thoroughly enjoyed. I also found myself between the booming speakers, begging me to to stay on the edge of me seat. Tom Hardy had quite the seat to fill after Heath Ledger's Joker. Frankly, it wasn't as great, but his perception of Bane was quite good. The last ten minutes resolved the trilogy with great style. It wasn't THAT surprising, but its resolution was better than I could hoped for a trilogy of this caliber. DO NOT hesitate to watch this film! Expand
PhilrockSep 14, 2012
It concludes this trilogy in such a great way that makes the three movies function as one piece of storytelling. Most importantly, it's an amazingly written and acted story that lives up to the hype generated by the previous ones and faithfulIt concludes this trilogy in such a great way that makes the three movies function as one piece of storytelling. Most importantly, it's an amazingly written and acted story that lives up to the hype generated by the previous ones and faithful and honest towards the comics that originally brought The Dark Knight to a legend status. Expand
kof-dropSep 22, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What impressed me the most about The Dark Knight (yes, I mean the previous film) was that it brought some very deep ideas into play, namely morality, but also chaos, motive, madness, monstrosity, and resilience. All are absolutely brilliant in the film. And so, The Dark Knight Rises falls (haha) a little short to me, because it is mainly just a story. I will concede that the film very effectively addresses the fall of an icon and its subsequent return, the heavy toll paid by a hero and his loved ones, and, most of all, faith. All of these elements of the film are exceptionally well done. Christopher Nolan has not yet lost his power to guide, appal, and uplift an audience.

But it is, after all, mainly just a story. It feels like a long 2 hours and 44 minutes, winding through layers of plot to reach an inevitable conclusion. It is a very good story, of course, but it feels as though, in his haste to get it all out, Nolan overlooked the important details. He forgot his strong characters, already thoroughly developed by the previous two films, but falling short here. He forgot the brilliant, anarchic pulse that drives The Dark Knight to make it one of the most captivating films ever. And he welcomed Hollywood. He welcomed meaningless action and cheesy one-liners, while tossing aside the realism that made the first two films so unique as superhero flicks.

The film begins, as The Dark Knight also did, by introducing its villain. Bane's reputation is very quickly established by nothing more than a few comments and glances, which is incredibly efficient. However, Bane's entrance in TDKR does not wholly compare to the Joker's in TDK. The skillful mastermind that is Bane is not truly made evident to me until later in the film. While Hardy's performance in this scene, and the rest of the film, is great, the series of events just do not stack up to the Joker's brilliant (and totally original) bank robbery. The opening scene in TDKR gives me enough a sense of how terrifying Bane is, but it does not adequately display his genius.

As the film moves on from Bane, it introduces quite a few brand new characters, most notably Miranda Tate, John Blake, Selina Kyle, and Deputy Commissioner Foley. This is too many new characters. Of these, only Selina Kyle is sufficiently developed, with Blake a close second, though I feel he could have used a lot more development. These characters end up using a lot of screen time for the sole purpose of plot advancement. They steal the screen from Batman, Alfred, and Bane, and they do not accomplish a whole lot in return.

But let's talk about some good stuff. In this film, we see Bruce Wayne brought all the way down from his high point in The Dark Knight. He is completely broken from the start. We get the sense that he wants to face Bane just so he can end his own misery, and the thought tears Alfred to pieces. We also see Bruce broken even further from this point, which is disheartening, until he finally rises from it all the splendid hero that he deserves to be. The ups and downs are very powerful. There is a broad theme of faith throughout the film:

The common man has faith that the Batman will rise again in a time of dire need. The children of Gotham have heard legends, and their world has darkened since his departure, so they long to see him return. John Blake draws a chalk bat wherever he goes. He's tyring to keep the idea alive - after all, Batman is not a man but an idea, as we have been told time and time again since Batman Begins.

Alfred sees his own faith torn to pieces - faith that he once held in both himself and Bruce, and the power of an ideal. This is the most powerful part of the movie, emotionally. Michael Caine's performance is amazing; he is so, so heartbroken. He considers it a personal failure to have Bruce feeling so alone and miserable.

And Bruce Wayne, once so confident in his symbol and his gadgets, finds himself utterly broken and shackled by fear, the very thing that he taught himself to manipulate in Batman Begins. He has truly come full circle, defeated by his own alter ego.

But despite Bruce Wayne's defeat, it seems that the symbol itself is eternal. This movie, continuing the tradition of the previous two, exercises the idea that a hero can be anyone. That Batman is not the man, but the mask. I think it's a powerful idea, and the film executes it well. In fact, Christian Bale does not even have a lot of screen time (this is both good and bad, but good for now). The movie has quite a few unsung heroes.

For a much more lengthy and in-depth review, see my blog at kofdrops.blogspot.com.
RikiegeDec 7, 2012
This film has seemed a lot better than the previous film.
kingfire15Dec 31, 2012
The Dark Knight Rises is the best film of 2012, and is one of the best movies of all time. I respect the people that hate on this movie, but i do believe that they are wrong. The entire cast from Bale to Hardy to Freeman to Cain all deserveThe Dark Knight Rises is the best film of 2012, and is one of the best movies of all time. I respect the people that hate on this movie, but i do believe that they are wrong. The entire cast from Bale to Hardy to Freeman to Cain all deserve Oscar consideration. Nolan should be nominated for best director if not win. Han Zimmer's score is one of the best of the past 20 years but he has out done himself with the theme for Bane, i will say no more on this wonderful piece of music but please go check it out. The Dark Knight Rises is a masterful, wonderful, glorious piece of film-making.A+ Expand
BigStozzOct 2, 2012
This film is great, it doesn't quite live up to the incredible lofty heights of The Dark Knight (2008) but it's still a great watch, the set pieces are fantastic, the scale of the film is ginormous, technical codes are brilliant and to top itThis film is great, it doesn't quite live up to the incredible lofty heights of The Dark Knight (2008) but it's still a great watch, the set pieces are fantastic, the scale of the film is ginormous, technical codes are brilliant and to top it all off it's a rollercoaster ride from start to finish. Expand
barnet42Oct 15, 2012
Heath Ledger won best supporting actor for his role as The Joker. In my honest opinion, Heath Ledger completely stole the show, he was absolutely magnificent. For sure one of the greatest performances of all time, just such an incrediblyHeath Ledger won best supporting actor for his role as The Joker. In my honest opinion, Heath Ledger completely stole the show, he was absolutely magnificent. For sure one of the greatest performances of all time, just such an incredibly talented actor. The Dark Knight Rises is the film event of the summer. A completely satisfying piece of filmmaking that delivers so much more, making for an excellent sign off for one of cinema's finest trilogies. Expand
HCTristesseOct 4, 2012
It did not live up to my expectations. I think no movie ending ever disappointed me more than this. And at the very end, it's too much cliché - which is not what I (and I guess most other people) would expect from the trilogy. The restIt did not live up to my expectations. I think no movie ending ever disappointed me more than this. And at the very end, it's too much cliché - which is not what I (and I guess most other people) would expect from the trilogy. The rest of the film is worth watching, though. Expand
jesterx7769Jan 14, 2013
This is a very strange movie to review for me. When I watched the movie was engaging and I loved it. It drew me in, entertained me, and I almost teared up at the end. However 5 minutes after watching the flood of plot holes filled my headThis is a very strange movie to review for me. When I watched the movie was engaging and I loved it. It drew me in, entertained me, and I almost teared up at the end. However 5 minutes after watching the flood of plot holes filled my head making it one of the worst written movies I have ever seen. I will not watch it again but watching it for the first time I loved it, so how to review it? I chose to review it on how I enjoyed the first time due to its engaging and drawing me in much like Inception. I may hate it later but for those 2 hours it entertained me greatly. Expand
ScreenShadeOct 30, 2012
Although it certainly does not match its predecessor, The Dark Knight Rises STILL gives a grand way of ending a great trilogy. Long live the Caped Crusader!
Jack97May 7, 2016
The Dark Knight Rises does what has to be done for the conclusion of a trilogy. It raises the stakes and gives our titular hero his biggest and most dangerous foe yet. And the result is a suitably grim yet epic finale filled with exciting,The Dark Knight Rises does what has to be done for the conclusion of a trilogy. It raises the stakes and gives our titular hero his biggest and most dangerous foe yet. And the result is a suitably grim yet epic finale filled with exciting, heart pounding action and incredible cinematic moments. It's a really great comic book movie. Expand
DollisOct 16, 2012
Best movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995)Best movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupid ,Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie are absolutely perfect ,they both got Oscar nominations out of it, for God sake!. Rest in peace Heath Ledger you will never be forgotten Expand