8.4

1. Mar 11, 2013
    This movie is amazing, regardless of all the cliches, and retarded moments like how bruce got cable reception from a prison detached from the outside world. This movie still provided the best possible entertainment and an amazing ending that surprised me.
  2. Jan 21, 2013
    I've seen every movie in this trilogy, The dark knight is best movie. This is an very good superhero movie, very good directed by Christopher Nolan. I like everything in this movie, the cast, the story,....
    This is the best movie of 2012.
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O melhor filme de 2012 até agora,o Nolan não teve medo de seguir em frente mesmo com o desafio de fazer um filme sem o coriga,o Bane caiu muito bem como novo vilão e a idéia de destruição de Gotham foi ótima agora o ponto forte do filme foi sim a ressurreição do Batman. Expand
  4. Jan 10, 2013
    A brilliant end to one of the best trilogies ever made. Nolan took Gotham to places were no one was expecting. Chris Nolan proved once again what he is capable of with this great film.
  5. Jan 11, 2013
    How can I describe this movie batman the dark knight rises well with one simple word EPIC everything about the movie is great. I love the cast and how. it didn't change from the other batman movies I also like the new cast members such as cat women ( Anne Hathaway ) defiantly a great way to end the batman trilogy great work Nolan
  6. Jan 19, 2013
    The best movie of the year in my opinion. It really raps a bow around the Nolan batman trilogy. Sure there are some plot holes, but i think this movie has been negatively received by some people because of the Colorado shooting.
  7. Jan 25, 2013
    Not even the plotholes could stop this movie from being so great. Yep, I said it. The plotholes actually add a sense of mystery to the film, and not only that , it is the most thoughtful, sad, and intense film in the series. I am just angry as to how underrated this film is.
  8. Jan 26, 2013
    Maybe i am kind of exasgered, but this is my favorite movie. It has an super emotional story, impresive cast, great effects and so many themes and epic music. Christopher Nolan, epic film
  9. Mar 24, 2013
    Finally, after four years of waiting, we were able to enjoy the long-awaited end of the masked hero's incredible trilogy of the amazing Mr. Nolan.
    I thought that would outsell its predecessor epic The Dark Knight, but it's obvious the series, it was not, but the movie itself is very good.
    Sadly, the film is very scattered and disjointed, the weakest of the three in the section of the script, do not understand what your goal, which meant the goal of Bane is too absurd, too much work for you all to focus on revenge rather limited, meanwhile, the goal of Talia no sense, because it was destroyed to make Batman see his dream and that people show their true colors, but this dream was not destroyed after five months, only is about to destroy the city with the pump and that's it .
    Plot was simple, the former was glorious in that aspect.
    Batman recovered if it was Rocky and suddenly the cops are released from the sewers, join him as having been buried for a day, why not have the effect of staying five months underground without any hygiene without sick and ready for combat?, that there is as swallowing.
    The scene of the well is very good but has a good error,
    seem a paid vacation to a spiritual retreat to recover, then nothing happens, the inmates give advice, not cure, do not mess with him, are limited to support for leaving What the hell is going on in this movie?
    Among many things can be seen in the film, the rating I give them doubtful result, but despite its flaws script, is highly recommended, the performances are very good, the direction of Mr. Nolan is still epic.
    Not as I expected, really, but as you guessed, Mr. Nolan did not disappoint. The Dark Knight Rises shows the greatness of christhoper nolan to direct monumental works of film and proves once again, the true greatness of this character. My Score: 9.5
  10. Feb 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. BEST BATMAN FILM EVER!!!! Not Christopher Nolan's best, that title belongs to Inception, but definitely Batman's best! It was the perfect end to Christopher Nolan's perfect trilogy. The most awesome thing in the world would be if they did another one with Joseph Gordon-Levitt continuing the legacy as Batman, as it was hinted at the end of the film. Expand
  11. Feb 8, 2013
    Found this movie totally satisfying on every level. The acting, directing and score are all top notch here. I had thought going into this movie that there was no way it could reach the levels of The Dark Knight, but in my humble opinion it did. The Dark Knight Rises is the perfect send off to the best comic book series of all time and I really enjoyed how everything came full circle by theFound this movie totally satisfying on every level. The acting, directing and score are all top notch here. I had thought going into this movie that there was no way it could reach the levels of The Dark Knight, but in my humble opinion it did. The Dark Knight Rises is the perfect send off to the best comic book series of all time and I really enjoyed how everything came full circle by the time it had ended. My favorite film of 2012. Expand
  12. Feb 24, 2013
    I am bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
  13. Feb 20, 2013
    Get cheap 60% off Kingdoms of Camelot gems from clashofclansgem.com

Clashofclansgem.com Ensure you insert your CoC Game Center Account and password in the box of Special Instructions or Order Comments for quick delivery to you! You can also contact our 24/7 online customer service,tell us your Game Center Account and password to confirm your order for delivery! Delivery time is
    Get cheap 60% off Kingdoms of Camelot gems from clashofclansgem.com

Delivery time is usually within 24 hours!!

Kingdoms of Camelot 1600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 3200 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 9600 Gems
    Kingdoms of Camelot 6400 Gems
  14. Aug 29, 2013
    This movie is perfect in every single conceivable way. When people say that bane's voice is impossible to understand probably cover their ears singing one direction songs.
  15. Jun 2, 2013
    this movie is amazing awesome story that actually makes sense great actors, explosions, action, scope, etc. everything was awesome I love this movie...although the dark knight was better imo. Bane was the best character very likeable villian. everyone should watch this movie at least once.
  16. Mar 14, 2013
    The final installment in the best superhero movie franchise of all time is equal to its predecessors. The additions of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman are great and Michael Caine continues tobe the standout performance.
  17. Mar 24, 2013
    This not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom Hardy really brings in the fear of Bane with his incredible acting and dark complection to a wonderful villan. Anne Hathaway showcase's a sexy cat who canThis not only an epic conclusion to Chris Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, it was an epic conclusion to a summer filled with excitment. Not only was the storyline and acting fantastic, two characters really stuck out. Bane and Catwoman. Tom Hardy really brings in the fear of Bane with his incredible acting and dark complection to a wonderful villan. Anne Hathaway showcase's a sexy cat who can kick some serious butt. She truly is one of the greatest actresses of 2012. Surprisingly, i thought it was better than "The Dark Knight", but that's just me. I think the story is more darker and engaging than Dark Knight, but the Joker (Heath Ledger) is still the greatest villan ever. Overall, it's a tremendous movie, GO SEE IT! Collapse
  18. Apr 15, 2013
    the dark knight rises is an amazing movie and is a worthy sequel to the dark knight and in my opinion is even better than the dark knight, a masterpiece in the true sense of the word, a solid performance by all actors specially tom hardy, i am a long time batman fan and it was a sad moment for me to see the legend end the trilogy as a whole is the best trilogy ever imho, the final actthe dark knight rises is an amazing movie and is a worthy sequel to the dark knight and in my opinion is even better than the dark knight, a masterpiece in the true sense of the word, a solid performance by all actors specially tom hardy, i am a long time batman fan and it was a sad moment for me to see the legend end the trilogy as a whole is the best trilogy ever imho, the final act was just so symbolic and brilliant Expand
  19. May 10, 2013
    I really loved this movie, everything about it is perfect, the plot is well tied, the acting is excelent, the ending is fantastic, the action scenes that are more abundantly aparencem very well made​​, and closes with style this epic trilogy.
  20. May 6, 2013
    One of my favourite movies of all time, and the only one that was good enough to draw me back to the cinema to see it a second time. The acting is spot on, the action thrilling and the soundtrack makes every scene ten times as immersive. It is true that there are some plot holes throughout but these do not detract from the overall experience in anyway and are easy to look past. The perfectOne of my favourite movies of all time, and the only one that was good enough to draw me back to the cinema to see it a second time. The acting is spot on, the action thrilling and the soundtrack makes every scene ten times as immersive. It is true that there are some plot holes throughout but these do not detract from the overall experience in anyway and are easy to look past. The perfect Batman film. Expand
  21. May 21, 2013
    Great film, second best of the trilogy after The Dark Knight. Really, it's different to the other films in the trilogy but has some interesting themes.
  22. Jul 4, 2013
    A cinematic triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring and extremely satisfying as far as Nolan's Batman trilogy goes. It conquers all the doubts about this movie, its beautifully executed, very well written, impressively acted out, wonderfully shot and just downright good. DAMN ITS GOOD! It's the right way to end an epic trilogy. The antagonist was menacing and the movie cameA cinematic triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring and extremely satisfying as far as Nolan's Batman trilogy goes. It conquers all the doubts about this movie, its beautifully executed, very well written, impressively acted out, wonderfully shot and just downright good. DAMN ITS GOOD! It's the right way to end an epic trilogy. The antagonist was menacing and the movie came with a very well played out plot twist. The movie is just perfect, its without flaw, if there was one thing I could change about the movie, well........................there isn't anything I would change about this movie. And the acting! DUDE, THE ACTING!!!! Its just amazing, as always, Christian Bale kills it as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman! Need I say more? Go watch this movie, NOW!!! Expand
  23. May 31, 2013
    Once again, Nolan makes another great Batman film. Anne Hathaway was amazing as Catwoman and Tom Hardy was terrifying as Bane. Was it better than The Dark Knight? No, but it was really close. This movie was, without a doubt, the best summer movie of 2012. The ending was fantastic. Thank you Christopher Nolan for giving us an amazing trilogy!
  24. Jun 13, 2013
    This movie was spectacular!!! It kept you in suspense the whole time while your at the edge of your chair! I absolutely loved it! there was no problem or nothing that bugged me in the film it was an amazing masterpiece! The ending to the whole trilogy was just breathtaking it was also emotional with a little hype to it. I give it a solid 10 out of 10. I saw it in IMAX and it was mindThis movie was spectacular!!! It kept you in suspense the whole time while your at the edge of your chair! I absolutely loved it! there was no problem or nothing that bugged me in the film it was an amazing masterpiece! The ending to the whole trilogy was just breathtaking it was also emotional with a little hype to it. I give it a solid 10 out of 10. I saw it in IMAX and it was mind blowing. The Dark Knight Rises is a can not miss movie. Go buy it on dvd if you haven't watched it yet! The movie kept everyone hyped. The theater was pack and everyone gave a big round of applause at the end. Like I said again a solid 10 out of 10! Expand
  25. Aug 23, 2013
    Nolan concludes his masterful trilogy with the most emotional of the bunch. Bale is better than ever, Hathaway both embodies and redefines Selina Kyle, and Hardy more than delivers as the hulking revolutionary Bane. Brimmed with action and unafraid to explore the great character we've come to love over the years, TDKR is a true masterpiece. Not to mention, it has one of, if not the mostNolan concludes his masterful trilogy with the most emotional of the bunch. Bale is better than ever, Hathaway both embodies and redefines Selina Kyle, and Hardy more than delivers as the hulking revolutionary Bane. Brimmed with action and unafraid to explore the great character we've come to love over the years, TDKR is a true masterpiece. Not to mention, it has one of, if not the most satisfying ending to any movie I've ever seen. Expand
  26. Nov 29, 2013
    An epic conclusion that masterpiece by god, Nolan trilogy and the Man of Steel in the best genre films of superheroes, The Avengers are game for children.
  27. Jul 2, 2013
    I honestly have never been so excited to watch a movie as soon as it releases especially after seeing a great origin story of a superhero in BATMAN BEGINS and possibly the best SUPERHERO movie of all time in THE DARK KNIGHT. This is and will be the best end to a great trilogy.It may not surpass its predecessor but is surely on par with it.Great job Chris Nolan.
  28. Jul 29, 2013
    Updated...improved..I'm Glane Mask..scar..e..nhas. The dark Knight Rises is based on every movie (B grade even) ever made, it is based on every episode of every tv show (reality show,food show), on every classic disney movie,disney cartoon, on every cartoon, on Fraggle Rock & The Muppets Turtles, on every episode of every anime series (on animax/), on every video game ever made, on everyUpdated...improved..I'm Glane Mask..scar..e..nhas. The dark Knight Rises is based on every movie (B grade even) ever made, it is based on every episode of every tv show (reality show,food show), on every classic disney movie,disney cartoon, on every cartoon, on Fraggle Rock & The Muppets Turtles, on every episode of every anime series (on animax/), on every video game ever made, on every comic book, on every classic Brit comedy, on every music video, on Daystar, God tv & Ewtn, on thousands of true stories, on world history, current affairs, bulls & bears, on the lives of famous people, on news shows, on every WWF match & the WWE, on (espn) sports channels, on every B/T..ollywood formula masala flick, on every chopsockeye kung fu flick, on even foreign films, even foreign tv shows, on adverts & much much more. Bane's back can also be his front (back 2 the front) (Sagat..with his scar (bending backwards), Kazuya, Mother mouser, The T rex robocop/ Caine, Dolph's 'uni sol'-- The sumo (baby) Mahjin Buu (bending backwards), DOOM'S Pan/Centaur & Motaro),Roast turkey/pig, Baby birds, Bufallo Bill, A lame lamb/dude, A war..ped burnt horrifying tree. Bane's heart/neuron('s)/star('s)/teeth/french beard/parrot nose & jutting chin/wires/Mickeys Sonic's nose...is also Tong Pos/Dhalsim's/Wong Fe Hung's.. hair. Overturn his head...His french beard is now his mohawk....Shining face. The echo...Kamehamehaaa!!!. Bane, Bentley, Benz, train, plane, crane,coach/bus ...Bane is based on every mobile phone, computer, household appliance, bathroom fitting, piece of furniture, arcade machine/ anything shaped. Bane is A pumped up/empowered/irradiated/mutated everyman (put your horrible photograph on that buffed body...yok yok.). How did Nolan do it? He shore aint all 'Nowing'. This is how I think he cracked the code for this supernatural script. He took...lets say...A 1000 of the best & classic movies, a 1000 of the best episodes of every tv show, A 1000 of the premier comix, of the best & no 1 novels and so on. He then looked for what these have in common. The rest was automatic. (He's (Bane/TDKR) alive! He's growing!)...Yeah..maybe something like that. Chew on that...food for thought..get intepreting. There is A (true) good Bane & A Bad Bane. There is no good & bad Bane/Batman. His big heart is his mind/brain filled with truth his purrfect spirit. This is the intepretation of the Iron Man 3 movie....It is based on The king of fighters games- America's got talent & Ugly Betty, on the WWF (Rick Rude, Jesse Ventura, Hulk, Brutus, Undertaker...Lex Luger VS Yokozuna), on everybody loves Raymond, on the big bang theory, on star Trek/Wars, on Flash Gordon, on Superman 2, on He-Man, on Showdown in little Tokyo, on Boney M videos, on Kickboxer Bloodsport & double impact, on super double dragon on super Mario, on Doom, Duke, on Robocop, Judge Dredd, on T2, Last action hero, Commando, on dragonball Z, on Dragonball evolution on night terrors, on street fighter, mortal kombat, Bad dudes, Mercs, on Quo Vadis, on Batman Begins, on samurai showdown, Batman Forever, on Turtles 2 (movie), on ten simple rules, on Turtles Smash Up, on Die Hard 3, on Gi-Joe, on Kung Fu flicks, on the Bolly movie- Blacklmail, on Halo, on Job's trouble, on great expectations, Guy's mandarin is A blinkin/shining/glowing...games Boss/character, His body is A ripped sausage...& leavened/overgrown bread/A half baked/A broken loaf, Guy is A sun/A star..A galaxy...A cluster of galaxies, on Spiderman 3,on (I gotcha) Babe, on mercury poisoning, Mandarin-Kyle Reese, on Batman arkham city, on Bond, on Final Fight, on Tekken, on the Dark Knight Rises, on Friends, on Ghost, on God of war, on Predator, on X-Men (origins),on mind your language,A finger 2 the head-Battlefield of the mind, A dancin cobra, Christian tv, 9 11, The Iron Man looks like he's dribbling/bouncing A ball (in poster)-- on Goku blowing out the lamps, on Turtles 2 Battle Nexus, on soul calibur, on Titanic, on horror flicks with a cabin in the woods, on westerns, on Dragonball Evoloution, on He-
    man defender of grayskull (Iron'y (arm) is A tree in poster), Hulk, on Green Arow, on True Lies, on Life Force, Contra, on Linkin Parks....I'm Blue..la da de ai.., on Jacobs trouble, on MK Annhialation, on Spiderman the movie, on phantom, on Abe Lincoln, on Rush Hour, T3, Aerosmiths-livin on the edge, universal soldier, popeye, Hellboy, Brosnans movie somethin man, Reiko's fatality (MK4),Die Hard,....Thats enough!!..On the days I saw these flicks....those nights I looked out the window at the great dove in the sky and I recieved the gifts of these revelations into my spirit man...(then slowly released)into my long term memory bank. The day B4 yesterday...I saw- I dont know how she does it...A not so brilliant romantic comedy...but it was right. Once I found A black blob in my pav (indian bread) I finally tossed the whole thing into the trash.
  29. Sep 19, 2013
    The best installment of the Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises is involving, gripping, and riveting. The story is on par, as well as a great cast new to the series (Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, etc.). The movie never lags, and Tom Hardy's Bane comes across as a testosterone-fueled hunk of a man who knows true pain and wants to do justice in his own twisted ways.

While

While some may say that the background story of Bane isn't what's in the comics, just stop. Did it fit the movie? Maybe it didn't, because I bet my ass director Christopher Nolan took that into consideration. I bet they did a screen test, and that storyline didn't work. To be honest, it's not that big of a detail and can be easily overlooked, and it didn't do any damage to the story. In fact, it made it *that* much more interesting.
  30. Nov 6, 2013
    An Epic End To The Dark Knight Trilogy !!!,

**The Dark Knight Rises** * This movie will give you the thrill and excitement up to the maximum which you would never would have expected. This movie is all around master piece it has brilliant screen play ,great direction and talented actors to perform which is a great formula to create and an epic movie Christopher Nolan is one of
    An Epic End To The Dark Knight Trilogy !!!,

**The Dark Knight Rises**

* This movie will give you the thrill and excitement up to the maximum which you would never would have expected. This movie is all around master piece it has brilliant screen play ,great direction and talented actors to perform which is a great formula to create and an epic movie Christopher Nolan is one of the most brilliant director and screen writer he shows his brilliance in this movie by making a great direction and brilliant screen play up to a maximum level which is hard to achieve he made this movie into a Master Piece This movie consist of talented actors and their performance was outstanding they were all beautiful in their respective roles.Its very enlightening to see interaction between these characters such as Batman and Catwoman their chemistry works very well during screen play!.Catwoman is new to this Batman sequel but has delivered a great performance which is a pleasant surprise The protagonist in this film Bane has done great job in this film even though its not the performance that has done better than joker in Dark Knight but still he did a fantastic job that no one could deny !each and every actors in this movie deserves an applause for their fantastic performance *Action sequence in this movie are exciting the choreography for stunt and fighting in this movie has done a fantastic job it displayed very beautifully in the big screen. *Overall the movie is Fantastic it wont bore you down at any movement Considering its 2 12 hour long and it does not have any moments which is dull It will gives you plenty of surprises and excitement which will makes you to watch this movie twice.

The Dark Knight Rises **********
    (10/10) Stars
  31. Apr 19, 2014
    A great, great movie. Not as good as the dark knight in my opinion but still one of my all time favourite movies. Awesome fight scenes especially including bane and just the right amount of dialogue in it too. And the ending is absolutely amazing and one of the best endings to a movie I have ever seen. Can't wait for the next Batman movie.
  32. May 4, 2014
    The Dark Knight Trilogy makes it to the finish line, bucking the system of many superhero trilogies, along with a couple of high-profiled ones as well.
  33. Mar 30, 2015
    My personal favorite of the trilogy, this is a superhero movie elevated to an art form. The scale of everything has been stepped up and the stakes are higher than ever. Anne Hathaway surprised me with a great performance, and Tom Hardy's Bane has one of the most intimidating onscreen presences I've ever seen. The movie wraps up the trilogy nicely with a fantastic, moving ending.
  34. Mar 26, 2015
    9.5/10................................................................................................................................................
  35. Jul 8, 2014
    great end for the trilogy movies of all time. I really liked this movie. I have to say that Bane (tom hardy) is the best super Villain I see, the movie gived me everything I ever wanted to see in a batman movie
  36. Sep 27, 2014
    Después de ver la segunda, esta puede parecer bastante inferior. Y lo es. Pero aun así, la disfruté mucho mas en su segundo visionado y creo que es una obra maestra del cine de superhéroes. Bane no es el joker, pero es un villano decente. El reparto, como siempre, sublime. Quizás le sobra duración pero es una gran película. El final me gustó mucho, una trilogía 10.
  37. Oct 28, 2014
    Christopher Nolan’s 2012 action film The Dark Knight Rises, a trilogy from The Dark Knight shows the now notorious criminal known as batman coming out of hiding in the city of Gotham. Nolan has taken a different approach from the original Dc Comic made by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and twisted it to make a different path for the villain/hero “batman”. Christian Bale will give you a burningChristopher Nolan’s 2012 action film The Dark Knight Rises, a trilogy from The Dark Knight shows the now notorious criminal known as batman coming out of hiding in the city of Gotham. Nolan has taken a different approach from the original Dc Comic made by Bob Kane and Bill Finger and twisted it to make a different path for the villain/hero “batman”. Christian Bale will give you a burning sensation of excitement as he plays the role of batman and Bruce Wayne. The Dark Knight Rises begins with an older and crippled Bruce Wayne getting back on his feet to fight crime after being rejected by society by being called a villain. Christian Bale and Tom Hardy, the criminal Bane that makes himself know in Gotham City, have realistic tension on the screen that will have your blood boiling, eyes teary, and palms sweaty.

Nolan is a true visionary to depict such a great film. This movie is not your regular and dreary anticipated movie that everyone knows. It’s not that typical super hero story when the hero falls to the feet of the villain then triumphs and defeats the villain. Nolan took a different route and paved the road, he showed a super hero getting back on his feet while enduring the trial and tribulations to stand tall. Christian Bale plays an old charming and handsome Bruce that has shrouded from the limelight. Bruce has been missing for a while and no one had known his whereabouts. Christian Bales is a vital actor to this movie; because he brings the seriousness in Bruce you can see the worry in his eyes and the motivational sparkle. You can real feel a connection with Christian Bale on the screen as the movie progress.

In The Dark Knight Rises you can feel your soul crying out for Bruce as Alfred talks to him about his miserable life experiences. We all know Bruce has lost his parents but losing the one he loved Racheal in The Dark Knight was unbearable. Bruce still is saddened from this terrible event which shows his negative aspirations of caring about things. Batman’s and Bruce’s disappearance has left Gotham better than what it was. Gotham was in shambles, people loitering the streets and jobless. Batman and the “hero” Harvey Dent, played by Arron Eckheart in The Dark Knight cleaned the streets of villains. Gotham still pays respect to their most respected man Harvey Dent while others anticipate the return of batman.

Tom hardy is an absolute superb actor to play the villain Bane. Tom Hardy had me trembling in my chair and sweating through my clothes, he is exhilarating. Tom Hardy the perfect actor to play Bane because he is brawny in size and has that odd spine-chilling voice. Bane has an objective and he will execute anyone that crosses his path. Banes followers are loyal, and are increasing in numbers. Not even Gotham’s toughest cop Commissioner Gordon can stop Bane. He is a menace that cannot be apprehended, everyone he encounters is fearful of him. The character Bane gave me nightmares, he took the air out of my lungs he is ruthless.

But there is hope in Gotham because of a rising cop who is springing into action named Blake played by actor Joseph Gordon- Levitt who is a phenomenal actor. Blake is introduced as a new cop that quickly catches on to the criminal activity in Gotham. He warms your heart with passion because you can tell he is really devoted to what he does for a living. Joseph has a nice pretty boy smile that makes you feel safe, but he also can get pretty aggressive when trying to take down a criminal. Blake is a character that knows what to do when put in harmful situations; he doesn’t go by the cop rule book. Blake is one of the most trustworthy cops in Gotham which is rare.

The Dark Knight Rises has a lot of action scenes which were executed by the special affects department; it makes you feel as though you’re in Gotham and is being terrorized by Bane. The gunshots look realistic; due to the sound department it feels as though bullets zip through the movie theater. The makeup and costume department made the characters come to life which essentially makes Bane look so petrifying. When watching this movie on the big screen it feels as though you’re a civilian on the dirty streets of Gotham watching the action go down before your eyes. The people that took part behind the camera are as astonishing as the actors.

In conclusion this movie was one of the most eccentric films of the decade. Every moment of The Dark Knight Rises will have you in a trance; you will not be able to blink. The movie will not have you on the edge of your seat but standing up to watch the action up close. Make sure you go to the doctor after this movie because this will have your heart pumping so fast your body will be filled with adrenaline. There will not be a single soul that leaves the movie theater without thinking their money was well spent. The entire cast did an exceptional job of doing their part in the movie to make it outstanding. Make sure you pick your jaw off of the ground at the end when… you’re going to have to wait and see!

Author: Raheem Kosoko
  38. Dec 26, 2014
    Simply a masterpiece I have never seen such a work of art this film I consider the pinnacle of modern cinema, one all should aspire too. Literally the greatest thing to happen to the motion pictures since silent era. Nolan is such a big guy he's this generations Kubrick and probably a better one at that, 11/10.
  39. May 3, 2015
    omg! Nolan! damn! perfect trilogy! absolutely perfect! what a beautiful finale! I love this series so much! so inspiring! it will be so hard for another film series of comic book or any film series to live up to this
  40. Jul 22, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is Dark Knight's equal. The production values are every bit as stellar, if not better for our time. The characters are very memorable and exciting. I was skeptical about the inclusion of Bane, but what a great and unique choice he ended up being. The soundtrack is the best in the series and the story might be too. I can't recommend this film enough and if you'reThe Dark Knight Rises is Dark Knight's equal. The production values are every bit as stellar, if not better for our time. The characters are very memorable and exciting. I was skeptical about the inclusion of Bane, but what a great and unique choice he ended up being. The soundtrack is the best in the series and the story might be too. I can't recommend this film enough and if you're remotely into movies you should see it. Expand
  41. BKM
    Jul 21, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's conclusion to his Dark Knight trilogy miraculously lives up to the hype that began following the phenomenal success of 2008's The Dark Knight. This time Batman squares off against Bane, a beefy tank of a villain intent on bringing Gotham to its knees. There's a lot going on in this movie; a plethora of characters to keep up with, eye popping visual effects, a myriadChristopher Nolan's conclusion to his Dark Knight trilogy miraculously lives up to the hype that began following the phenomenal success of 2008's The Dark Knight. This time Batman squares off against Bane, a beefy tank of a villain intent on bringing Gotham to its knees. There's a lot going on in this movie; a plethora of characters to keep up with, eye popping visual effects, a myriad of themes and emotions. Yet Nolan manages to blend them all together for one heck of a ride. The Dark Knight Rises is a summer blockbuster with brains, heart and ambition. It is also one of the best films of the year. Expand
  42. Oct 13, 2012
    I know all \'Superhero\' movies are far-fetched, but come on, how could anyone believe the escaped convict from The Shawshank Redemption could become a high profile tech-wizard within just a few years.
    He couldn\'t even fix that little wooden boat in Mexico, what? Now he\'s building Bat Mobiles?
  43. Nov 11, 2012
    I found this a very enjoyable movie and fitting ending to the trilogy. Despite the slow start it soon starts picking up pace and keeps your attention til the very end.
  44. Jul 22, 2012
    Nolan wraps up his trilogy in a satisfying way, despite some glaring thematic issues. The film's production values were predictably outstanding and especially stunning in (real) IMAX. But I thought most of the anti-government/wall street/1% percent rhetoric fell flat. It just seemed clumsy and not fully realized. That being said, the film is wildly entertaining and a mostly worthyNolan wraps up his trilogy in a satisfying way, despite some glaring thematic issues. The film's production values were predictably outstanding and especially stunning in (real) IMAX. But I thought most of the anti-government/wall street/1% percent rhetoric fell flat. It just seemed clumsy and not fully realized. That being said, the film is wildly entertaining and a mostly worthy conclusion to the trilogy. Expand
  45. Jul 25, 2012
    An epic film that, for me, did not feel overly long dispute the sizeable 165 minute running time. Performances were string by everybody and I would like to single out Anne Hathaway for being utterly convincing and charming throughout. I have given the film 9 because I never hand out 10's. The problems with this film a purely superficial and if you get annoyed by them then you reallyAn epic film that, for me, did not feel overly long dispute the sizeable 165 minute running time. Performances were string by everybody and I would like to single out Anne Hathaway for being utterly convincing and charming throughout. I have given the film 9 because I never hand out 10's. The problems with this film a purely superficial and if you get annoyed by them then you really shouldn't be watching a film like this anyway. Expand
  46. Dec 26, 2012
    How could people compare this to the Avengers? The Avengers was a kids movie with horribly bad writing, uninspired acting, and extremely convoluted action scenes. The Dark Knight Rises on the other hand did have inspired acting, a script that was above average for any action film, and was built around action that made sense, and was creative. The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect 10 out ofHow could people compare this to the Avengers? The Avengers was a kids movie with horribly bad writing, uninspired acting, and extremely convoluted action scenes. The Dark Knight Rises on the other hand did have inspired acting, a script that was above average for any action film, and was built around action that made sense, and was creative. The Dark Knight Rises was a perfect 10 out of 10 when compared to other films in the big, epic, action adventure genre. Add to this a story that ended the series perfectly, and I have to say that I was 100% satisfied by this film. The only reason that I am giving it a 9 instead of a 10 is because the script, as in all epic, action, adventure films, could have been better. Expand
  47. Jul 25, 2012
    A great end to a great trilogy. Tom Hardy is fantastic as Bane, and Christian Bale gives his best performance yet, as does Michael Caine as Alfred. Though it takes a while to get off and running, and comes close (at times) to getting weighed down by the numerous new characters, the final 45 minutes of the movie are phenomenal; the highest point in the trilogy.
  48. Jul 21, 2012
    '' The Dark Knight Rises '' is a satisfying end to this amazing trilogy. There are so many good things about this movie, that it's almost flawless. It had good acting, great story, character development, everything. In my opinion, I think that '' The Dark Knight '' was a little bit better, maybe because of the Joker, but whatever. Anyway, it's so rare to see a trilogy so great, without one'' The Dark Knight Rises '' is a satisfying end to this amazing trilogy. There are so many good things about this movie, that it's almost flawless. It had good acting, great story, character development, everything. In my opinion, I think that '' The Dark Knight '' was a little bit better, maybe because of the Joker, but whatever. Anyway, it's so rare to see a trilogy so great, without one bad movie. Thank you Christopher Nolan for remaking and saving the Batman movies (we all remember the terrible '' Batman and Robin '' (1997)). People shouldn't really compare it with '' The Avengers '', because there are both great superhero movies. '' The Avengers '' had better action, '' The Dark Knight Rises '' had a more interesting story, that's all I'm saying . The only bad aspect I can think of this movie is that some moments were long and a little bit boring, but otherwise it's enjoyable. It definitely lives up to the hype. When the film finished, the audience applauded. Expand
  49. Jul 20, 2012
    I do NOT like the 100% or out of ten scores... but I need to anyways. I give this a 9 because it was a terrific film just like the prev two but with some flaws. It was rushed in the first hour, probs cus the original cut is too long for a theatrical release. I'm now excited to get the blu ray version...

I say check this movie out because it's a great movie on its own. The narrative is the best one in the series since BB. All the actors were great in it (especially Hathaway, Bale, and Caine), the filmmaking was fantastic (glorious in IMAX. Cinematography is easily the best in years. Nolan's vision and scope is well put on screen. Very epic) and the script was well written (although it has some plot holes)

I do not understand the 70 ish score from the critics. I love Ebert and I was put down by his score, it did not match with his review at all. What the critics and Nolan haters are doing is nit picking, extreme nit picking at that. Nolan concludes this trilogy in honorable fashion and I loved it. My favorite Batman movie, although TDK is a better film. The trilogy is just an engrossing epic itself... I love how the three films are all completely different in tone and style.

BUT the movie can make the audience feel uncomfortable, it's almost 3 hours long and it's very much like a war drama and epic. I do not think people like disturbing and unfamiliar epics so that's probably a big factor to why so many critics did not like it. Bane is also a different villain, he is the embodiment of terrorism and revolutionaries. He's very menacing with his eyes and body movement but many ppl will probably dislike him because he isn't as memorable as Ledger's and Nolan's Joker.

This movie is VERY unique guys, and I really mean unique. It's not even a popcorn flick anymore, it srsly is a war epic with very unfamiliar and confusing style. I love these kind of films but most people do not. PS there isn't a lot of Batman in this movie, which I think is a positive, then again ppl want more Batman...

So to conclude this messy review (lol) I admire Nolan for really making an unique film and truly making a TRUE TO THE CORE Batman movie. It felt like Returns, Knightfall, and Dark Victory. I truly love Nolan for making it so different and unexpected, that even critics had a hard time watching this! I truly admire Nolan. He is a genius of a kind. He will be remembered for this trilogy and TDK trilogy has the biggest impact on me as trilogies and series go.

So don't go in expecting Avengers. This is a true and real movie, in time people will see this as a classic

PPS (jesus, I need to organise my writing!) Now I can't see Mr Ebert the same way as before... he gave Spidey 3.5/4, Avengers 3/4 and TDKR 3/4.... how is TDKR in the same league as the first two :( I liked them all but c'mmon man... I am a huge fan of Ebert but he just ruined it now. His review... and that score.. They both don't match! Now, as I said I hate the 10/10 or 100% type of scoring so I'll give a more accurate score: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

(btw that's ★★★★1/2 couldn't find any half stars so that's its
  50. Aug 12, 2013
    Christopher Nolan platformed his Batman story in a realistic universe with Batman Begins, continued it with a masterful hit in The Dark Knight, & couldn’t bare but finish his story with a third movie where he is inspired to raise the bar and the stakes in The Dark Knight Rises. This time, he and his brother construct one nerve shaking visual of raw intensity. Every theme and idea NolanChristopher Nolan platformed his Batman story in a realistic universe with Batman Begins, continued it with a masterful hit in The Dark Knight, & couldn’t bare but finish his story with a third movie where he is inspired to raise the bar and the stakes in The Dark Knight Rises. This time, he and his brother construct one nerve shaking visual of raw intensity. Every theme and idea Nolan loves to experiment with, he fuses into this piece. Bale, Caine, Oldman, and Freeman all return for the ride. Including newcomers Gordon-Levitt, Cottilard, and of course Hardy. It’s a phenomenal story and it epitomizes what an ending to a trilogy or movie franchise should be. I’m not going to expose his formula, but it’s undeniably breathtaking and so impacting on every level...

With genuine archetypes, engaging story arks, sensibly distinguished and monumental characters, majestically inspiring elements, richly sobering themes, and heavily powerful climaxes. This has all the ingredients. Including a realistic vision that forces the direction of the story to naturally go in a dark place. Because what happens in movies seem like nothing at all, when in fact it’s quite more horrifying then we believe. And Nolan proves that by fashionably executing classic-inspired filmmaking and ingeniously capturing realistic intensities of situations through organically put-together set pieces, utilized for the screen. Ultimately delivering a true visually real, orgasmic movie with breathtaking moments of cinema that’ll have you shaken by a whirlwind of emotions. Defying the idea that movies are fake and not real. Therefore, making the screen come to life, hitting the audience an extraordinary tone. Making audiences feel the reality of the true conflicts that happen on screen, and the conflicts Nolan materializes for the screen in the story of The Dark Knight Rises is heavily captivating, spectacularly dynamizing, and more ambitious than ever. All of that in IMAX scale is a crazy roller coaster ride. Butterflies galore.

Bane as the villain in this is the ultimate villain. He imposes the most paramount threat. Watching him was spine-tingling and the portrayal was initially terrifying. He's not as memorable as can be, but he's still a badass villain of and for cinema. His dubbing did lose some realness in his character making him appear more video-gameish than a real afflicted & constrained villain. Every appearance, although, has you shaking & gulping with fear and intimidation. However, his fear isn’t nearly as sustaining as the Joker’s was in The Dark Knight.

I know Nolan wants to make the movie to look and feel real. But the movie’s visual is already so heavy, the anxious cropping and trimming of scenes, and the addition of speaker-imploding sounds just adds so much weight to the experience, it’s almost too much to handle. Rises believes it’s achieving wonders and it is, but to some the rhythm and flow may be uneasy. Just because that's way it should be doesn't mean it becomes the masterpiece it intends to be. Also, the movie felt too short and needed an extra 30 or 40 to help the audience a little because a lot happens in the story and for some viewers they may find their emotions left behind, not able to reconnect as they lose themselves from the pace. I did want more from some things, but I think that’s what makes Rises so good. That it allows the audience to enagage their own imaginations into the world as you feel shortchanged by some things not shown. Personally, I love ambition and whenever I see it, myself and my emotions are right their for the ride. In the end, the film took me so far (feeling nearly a 4-5 hour experience) I’ll never forget it. The best theatre movie I’ve ever seen. Half of the movie was filmed in IMAX. I mean it’s made for that big screen. However the heaviness can rumble some out of the experience and may confuse and befuddle some with the manner in which it tells the story.

Needless to say, this stands as a towering powerhouse in the motion picture universe. A picture that offers non-stop waves of sensation leaving you speechless, scene after scene, with so many magnificent moments and adding that with a raw visual for entertainment including overpowering ideas for heart-stopping spectacle Yeah, it’ll leave most with huge smiles. It certainly did me. I won’t give away any of the story, but prepare to go through a whirlwind of emotions as a viewer. The Dark Knight Rises will toss you around, shock you, and leave you with Nolan’s best minutes of delivered moviemaking, with an ultimate enticing signature of satisfaction. It’s visual and story is ever-enduring, and the mark it's made on cinema is obvious and massive. The level of craftmanship is beyond words. Sadly, the Academy is more on the degree than the level. Even if there’s small things that do take away the full thrust of the movie’s visual through emphasis and emotion, Rises truly formulates the most complete conclusion to the most impacting trilogy.
  51. Jul 22, 2012
    It's not the masterpiece its predecessor was, but TDKR succeeds in bringing Nolan's Bat trilogy to a satisfying close. When all three films are viewed in their entirety, it's hard to argue with it being one of the best cinematic trilogies in recent history. It's right up there with The Lord of the Rings and Toy Story. Consistently excellent... it's well acted and engaging from start toIt's not the masterpiece its predecessor was, but TDKR succeeds in bringing Nolan's Bat trilogy to a satisfying close. When all three films are viewed in their entirety, it's hard to argue with it being one of the best cinematic trilogies in recent history. It's right up there with The Lord of the Rings and Toy Story. Consistently excellent... it's well acted and engaging from start to finish. Onwards to Man of Steel! Expand
  52. cfh
    Oct 16, 2012
    I think it was a superb movie. I was at the edge of my seat while watching it. So much action. It was a little slow at the beginning but at the end it was excellant. I would deffinately buy this movie.
  53. Jul 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nothing less than a great film. The Dark Knight Rises, in my humble opinion, is the best of the three when it comes to sound and visuals. The first scene was so intense, it had everyone in the theatre I was in silent. Just to point out, when people of all ages, gender, and conflicting social groups get together and stay silent out of sheer mesmerization and awestruck, you should get the hint that movie truly reached its most potent form of entertainment. Now, as many people have written, the Dark Knight Rises falls a little short from its predecessor and it's not because of the villian because Tom Hardy's Bane was actually a character I feared more than Heath Leder's Joker. With all due respect, I found the villain in this movie much more intimidating and just overall better. The thing is, one can't compare apples to oranges and I'm sure Heath Ledger's Joker was supposed to represent something else. But when it comes to villians, I find the ones that are dead serious, and intimidating to be ones that spark the most enjoyment and that's why I easily thought this movie was much better. The reason I rated this a nine was because it stole a lot of the Dark Knight's script. When Bane was interrogated by Batman, it just didn't feel as awesome as the Dark Knight's interrogation scene with the Joker. Christian Bale, I guess, wasn't as efficient as he was in the previous movie. Nolan, however, did a fine job with directing the film and really showing his audience, despite having tons of pressure by Batman fanatics, that he can finish with a bang. And that's exactly what this film accomplishes, a bang. Some of the characters were akward at first and as the film carries on you instantly fall in love with the risks Nolan took. I believe most of the story telling was actually very good as it had many comic book references. Although some parts might disappoint the hardcore Batman fans such as Alfred's wimpy character role in TDKR, and Robin's inception, but for those who wouldn't mind those outtakes the film is really the best that can be done. Anway, kudos to the creators of this masterpiece and it has easily won my vote of the best movie so far this year. Expand
  54. Jan 11, 2013
    I'm a huge Batman fan, I've watched every movie so far and I have to admit this is not only one of the best Batman movies (I say one of the best because Batman Forever is my favorite, agree or disagree I don't care it's my favorite) but it's also one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's action packed, has a great story, outstanding acting, and some awesome comic tie-ins. AnI'm a huge Batman fan, I've watched every movie so far and I have to admit this is not only one of the best Batman movies (I say one of the best because Batman Forever is my favorite, agree or disagree I don't care it's my favorite) but it's also one of the best superhero movies of all time. It's action packed, has a great story, outstanding acting, and some awesome comic tie-ins. An outstanding movie that I highly recommend watching. Expand
  55. Aug 9, 2012
    Although it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usualAlthough it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usual Nolan punch and the emotions run higher than ever as the movie unfolds. Ultimately, The Dark Knight Rises ends Nolan's Batman trilogy on a high note and secures his franchise a spot in the archives of the all time greats. Expand
  56. Jan 30, 2015
    I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this 3rd instalment of the amazing Batman trilogy. I would have preferred a little less JGL and more Anne Hathaway, but Tom Hardy was perfect as Bane.
  57. Sep 17, 2012
    Just to answer the glaring question, no, it doesn't measure up to the intelligence of "The Dark Knight". However, it comes close with pure cinematic spectacle and visual style. A near perfect summation to a brilliant trilogy.
  58. Jul 21, 2012
    Easily the most epic and awe-inspiring of the trilogy, although it does not quite reach the tormented depth of its predecessor. It is one of the most fulfilling ending to a saga that I have ever seen, and as a whole the trilogy will likely go down in history as the greatest comic book interpretation of all time.
  59. Aug 8, 2012
    Not as good as the first batman, much less the second Batman it is a testament to Nolan that this film is so highly criticized but would be still the best Batman film in existence if the other two didn't exist (and yes, I've seen almost every Batman film in existence, including animated ones). A great satisfactory conclusion to the trilogy and a fitting sendoff.
  60. Jul 23, 2012
    Nolan ends his Batman trilogy in spectacular. TDKR is on a much grander scale than before with much higher stakes. So it makes sense that this is the most action-heavy of the three. Above all else the movie is a definite crowd pleaser. It succeeds at being a blockbuster with a relentless pace and fantastic set pieces while also giving us characters with real depth and an engaging story.Nolan ends his Batman trilogy in spectacular. TDKR is on a much grander scale than before with much higher stakes. So it makes sense that this is the most action-heavy of the three. Above all else the movie is a definite crowd pleaser. It succeeds at being a blockbuster with a relentless pace and fantastic set pieces while also giving us characters with real depth and an engaging story. It may not match the bar set by The Dark Knight but it remains a more than fitting conclusion to the saga. Expand
  61. Jul 25, 2012
    Such a grandiose movie! It ends perfectly this trilogy.The plot is very strong. Christian Bale performance is WAAAY better than the previous two movies. Even though the theme has a lesser signification than in the Dark Knight, it is more greatly present in the movie. There are only two problems in the Dark Knight Rises:

1) This is not a 2h40 minutes movie! They could easily add an hour

1) This is not a 2h40 minutes movie! They could easily add an hour and make it way better. This movie is too big and has too much content for its length. So I hope Christopher Nolan will release a director's cut or an extended edition with what they had to remove for the theaters.

2)Bane's voice! If they don't (easily) dub it for the DVD, I'm gonna have to put on the subtitles to understand completely. But anyway, those two problems can be very easily solved!

I loved this movie so much, it brings a whole new dimension to the rest of the trilogy, so thumbs up to Nolan, again!
  62. Jul 31, 2012
    Although it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding andAlthough it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding and methodical in comparison to the Dark Knight, and it's a treat to have a film set up a story the way this one does. Tom Hardy deserves an Oscar. Overall, it's to the Dark Knight was Godfather II was to the Godfather. Expand
  63. Jul 24, 2012
    I must say that I went into this movie with average expectations. But after 2 hours and 45 minutes of epicness was smeared into my head, I thought "you know what, this movie was almost as good as The Dark Knight." The only problem I had with this movie was Tom Hardy's character Bane because it was a little hard to understand him at times, but in some ways, it works for the character. TheI must say that I went into this movie with average expectations. But after 2 hours and 45 minutes of epicness was smeared into my head, I thought "you know what, this movie was almost as good as The Dark Knight." The only problem I had with this movie was Tom Hardy's character Bane because it was a little hard to understand him at times, but in some ways, it works for the character. The rest of the cast had solid performances, especially Anne Hathaway. And she was the reason why I didn't have very high expectations coming into this, but I was dead wrong. She kicked complete ass in this movie. Plot was good, editing, special effects, fight scenes, etc. It was all good. You will not be disappointed, especially if you're a Batman fan. Expand
  64. Dec 17, 2012
    Not so impressive like its predecessor, but this one is worth to buy: Every stage of the film is good, a good, tragic ending for batman and the rise of the Robin, and the hero is not only batman, but the hero will rise when it comes to its age. That's what the dark knight wants, what our hero will continue ...
  65. Aug 2, 2012
    The problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plotThe problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plot wasn't as well written as the Dark Knight, it was on a par with Batman Begins and was clever with interesting, though sadly foreseeable twists. However this movie was still amazing to watch with beautiful visuals and a good amount of action. Expand
  66. Oct 8, 2012
    The acting, writing, drama, and action are of a caliber with Nolan's other great works (The Dark Knight notwithstanding). The only genuine problem with this film is that it had to succeed a true masterpiece in The Dark Knight. Hardy is excellent as a villain (though not quite as chilling and nihilistic as Ledger's Joker) and Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are both strong additions. Perhaps theThe acting, writing, drama, and action are of a caliber with Nolan's other great works (The Dark Knight notwithstanding). The only genuine problem with this film is that it had to succeed a true masterpiece in The Dark Knight. Hardy is excellent as a villain (though not quite as chilling and nihilistic as Ledger's Joker) and Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are both strong additions. Perhaps the weight of expectation led to some shortcomings but the final 30-40 minutes of the film are edge-of-your-seat compelling. The conclusion is so startlingly appropriate (read: vintage Nolan) fans should wonder why they thought the trilogy would end any other way. This film, and indeed the two which preceded it, is an absolute must-see. If not for the sake of great cinema, at least for the benefit of knowing how it all ends. Expand
  67. Aug 4, 2012
    A truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming closeA truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming close to Ledger's Joker as a compelling screen presence , fulfils his purpose of giving Batman a foe who can beat him physically, and thus giving the audience a palpable feeling of fear. Bane is chilling in his brutality, never more so than in the famous fight halfway through which is genuinely traumatic. Bale gives his best emotionally varied performance of the trilogy, but the surprise, standout performance comes from Hathaway as Catwoman. If ever there was a comic book character that can easily fall into an over-the-top parody it is she. But Hathaway provides a Kyle that is sassy and cynical, with an overt confidence in her abilities and sexual power over men, but beneath the surface is damaged. Her struggle to remain selfish and detached despite herself is utterly fascinating and really cuts to the heart of the enigma of the character. Just like Ledger in the DK, Hathaway's casting looked like one of the worst decisions in the history of cinema, but just goes to show that you should never doubt Nolan.

And it is he who we should leave the final word for. He managed in 3 films to not only reinvigorate the Batman but raise it to surely unscaleable heights. His interpretation of a more realistic world than past iterations was truly majestic. As the film winds down a flow of conflicting emotions coursed through me. I watched with growing awe, as pieces slotted beatifully into place. My heart soared and yet was tinged with sadness knowing that this was indeed the end of Nolan's vision. So beautifully were the closing moments acted and crafted, I was left speechless and euphoric. This deserves to be ranked up there with the best trilogies of all time.
  68. Jul 24, 2012
    Great stuff. I certainly couldn't think of a better way to finish a trilogy, which is a very hard thing to do. Epic story, good acting and production. Something as big as this can't help but attract negativity, but please be assured that it is a great effort. And remember, this is modern myth-making! These stories are our morality plays, our tales of gods and monsters. Please don't look atGreat stuff. I certainly couldn't think of a better way to finish a trilogy, which is a very hard thing to do. Epic story, good acting and production. Something as big as this can't help but attract negativity, but please be assured that it is a great effort. And remember, this is modern myth-making! These stories are our morality plays, our tales of gods and monsters. Please don't look at it as just a crime thriller or you will find implausibility! And Anne Hathaway. If I had any, I'd change my religious beliefs Expand
  69. May 12, 2013
    Its between The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. Better than Batman Begins but worse than the Dark Knight. I really liked the ending though.
  70. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight, in my own opinion, is the best movie ever made. Needless to say, Rises had a seemingly insurmountable legacy to live up to. I never expected Rises to top The Dark Knight, which is good, because it doesn't. This is a terrific film, but it fails to deliver on the level of either of its predecessors, my main qualms are with the dialogue and the casting of some of the newThe Dark Knight, in my own opinion, is the best movie ever made. Needless to say, Rises had a seemingly insurmountable legacy to live up to. I never expected Rises to top The Dark Knight, which is good, because it doesn't. This is a terrific film, but it fails to deliver on the level of either of its predecessors, my main qualms are with the dialogue and the casting of some of the new characters. Prime example, Matthew Modine as Deputy Commissioner Peter Foley, this guy just...fails, and it's not just him being a **** actor, it's the fact that his character was so pointless, so unnecessary to the story, and above all, a colossal dumbass (calling off the chase of Bane and co. to chase Batman), one of the many things I loved about Begins and Knight was that none of the cops were stupid to the point where they actually hindered the superhero, something I deplored in the Spiderman films, top that off with just one of Foley's ridiculous lines: "Then he's as dumb as he dresses" and he loses all credibility, to the point where his death brought about nothing but a "Thank God" from me. Moving on from that, the movie is too long, normally that's no issue for me, but this film is (sorry) comparable to the two Transformers sequels in that its length is not justified by its content, there's just so much unnecessary **** that that would've made it about at least a half hour shorter. The Dark Knight was a long movie, but not one second of that movie was wasted, which makes it ok. Bane's voice is too high pitched and seems much less menacing then it was in the first trailer (probably thanks to all the dipsh!ts who complained that they couldn't understand him...um? ARE YOU **** DEAF?) The overall story functions, but failed to draw me in to the extent of Begins or Knight, and...to be honest, Batman is a little silly. He appears twice during the first act of the film, and both times he pulls it off well (the fight between Bane and Batman at this act's pinnacle was rather good). He makes not one appearance in the second act because Bruce Wayne is busy having a psychological experience in a hole somewhere.The finally, on comes the third act, and Batman returns, in bright daylight, and despite the fact that every main character seems to know his identity by now, he still speaks with the HAZAFADABADANEEER voice, then comes the dialogue between Bane and Batman as they begin their rematch: Bane: Ah, I see you've come back to die with your city-Batman: No, I came back to stop you. O_o -_- >:( ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? *Mock applause" Bravo, Bravo. I know i've spent this entire time mentioning one flaw after another, but that's just because the film is so good that I felt the need to point out what flaws it did have. The conclusion is f*cking fantastic, the returning cast excels in their roles and the majority of the new blood (Tom Hardy, Joseph G-L, Marion Cotillard & Anne Hathaway in particular) bring true life to their characters. Overall, the worst of Nolan's trilogy, but still one of the best films ever made. Expand
  71. Jul 24, 2012
    Yes, it is not as good as The Dark Knight, but it is a worthy addition to the series. Pacing is a touch slow in parts, some may feel a little too predictable, and the ending was a stretch, but it is Batman after all. If you are a movie snob, then this movie will be average. If you enjoy a popcorn flick, this movie will be really good. If you love the previous two movies in the series, thisYes, it is not as good as The Dark Knight, but it is a worthy addition to the series. Pacing is a touch slow in parts, some may feel a little too predictable, and the ending was a stretch, but it is Batman after all. If you are a movie snob, then this movie will be average. If you enjoy a popcorn flick, this movie will be really good. If you love the previous two movies in the series, this is a must see. Expand
  72. Sep 23, 2012
    Miedo, chaos, dolor , el resumen perfecto para esta trilogia, y en lo personal, la tercera parte te transmite mucho.-- mucho dolor, desde la salud decayente de bruce wayne pasando por la nueva perspectiva que le otorgaron al origen de bane y el increible desarrollo de la historia que hace pensar al espectador que este es el fin de batman y ciudad gotica, las interpretaciones de losMiedo, chaos, dolor , el resumen perfecto para esta trilogia, y en lo personal, la tercera parte te transmite mucho.-- mucho dolor, desde la salud decayente de bruce wayne pasando por la nueva perspectiva que le otorgaron al origen de bane y el increible desarrollo de la historia que hace pensar al espectador que este es el fin de batman y ciudad gotica, las interpretaciones de los personajes longevos de esta trilogia estuvieron muy bien, a excepcion de un alfred con un enorme conlicto interno que lo hace a mi parecer, la mejor interpretacion; , selina no se queda atras, la interpretacion de anne opaca en muchas formas a la de pfeiffer, aun asi, ninguno de los nuevos actores le pudo quitar la batuta consagrada a ledger como the joker. Una increible banda sonora, impresionantes efectos especiales, grandes interpretaciones, una sublime historia que encapsula a la perfeccion el dolor y la desesperacion a la que el ser humano puede estar sujeto por la debilidad moral de su pueblo y la insertidumbre que provoca una ironica revolucion. no lo piensen dos veces, veanla de inmediato. una obra maestra que ha sido sobrestimada por el villano/interpretacion de su precuela. Expand
  73. Jul 27, 2012
    A perfect way to end the Epic Trilogy . The Nolan Batman Adventure ends with a very unique way . The story doesn't goes around a end plot it makes the plot through the end . The films silent philological weather was superb . Although it failed to pass TDR im gonna say its like Godfather 2. Never seen a superhero struggle this much to band the bad guys.
    Bale as batman is undoubtedly superb
    Bale as batman is undoubtedly superb . I never thought Bane would pass Joker and i stand corrected . But Tom did really good as Bane . the voice and the body language was superb. The hand to hand combat with Batman was one of THE best scene i have ever seen .
    Anne as catwoman !!! To me Michelle Pfeiffer will always be the best Cat but Anne did surprisingly well the i thought she would. To me she was the shock in the films charterers. and no matter how they said i still knew that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Robin and Marion Cotillard is Talia al Ghul. So that wasn't shock to me but that little child was Talia that came quiet a shock to me .
    Christopher Nolan direction is super as always but he did better in Inception and TDK.
    Im not that sad to see the end of Nolans batman coz he ended it so amazingly but I hope the next batman film would be more like Batman Arkham City .
  74. Jul 21, 2012
    Well, it's no Dark Knight.. but it is a superb ending to the best trilogy of our time. This is not a super hero movie, it connects to the audience in such a sense of realism that it would be an insult to call it so. Nolan further enforces that his Batman is just a man trying to do what he can with the time he has, and his own mortality working against him. No movie trilogy since theWell, it's no Dark Knight.. but it is a superb ending to the best trilogy of our time. This is not a super hero movie, it connects to the audience in such a sense of realism that it would be an insult to call it so. Nolan further enforces that his Batman is just a man trying to do what he can with the time he has, and his own mortality working against him. No movie trilogy since the original Star Wars has felt so complete, yet leaves the viewer wanting more. Expand
  75. Jul 20, 2012
    much better than The Dark Knight. Bane is a much more dangerous villain than Joker. watching batman being broken both in body and spirit by Bane, and then pick himself up again to fight for his beloved gotham is amazing to see. something the joker was unable to do. TDKR has a great storyline and was much more plausible than the dark knight where joker was a one man show with an unlimitedmuch better than The Dark Knight. Bane is a much more dangerous villain than Joker. watching batman being broken both in body and spirit by Bane, and then pick himself up again to fight for his beloved gotham is amazing to see. something the joker was unable to do. TDKR has a great storyline and was much more plausible than the dark knight where joker was a one man show with an unlimited amount of explosives he got from god knows where. to somehow plant it without anybody else knowing. and then somehow getting a whole city to play his game exactly the way he wants it. Expand
  76. Jul 30, 2012
    There's a particular idea thrown around in Hollywood these days. Large-scale blockbusters that were created with a budget of millions of dollars seem to be praised for the sake of it, claiming the effort that was put into the film was what made it successful, rather than how much money was put into such a project. Of course, that doesn't mean to say that every blockbuster is veiled asThere's a particular idea thrown around in Hollywood these days. Large-scale blockbusters that were created with a budget of millions of dollars seem to be praised for the sake of it, claiming the effort that was put into the film was what made it successful, rather than how much money was put into such a project. Of course, that doesn't mean to say that every blockbuster is veiled as clever and breath-taking. The Dark Knight didn't resort to such cheesiness. With actors and actresses like that, the plot became a rainbow of viewpoints. It might feel over complicated, it might pretend to look clever, but with the introduction of new characters and continuation with previous ones, it takes into account the usefulness of each of their contribution to the plot. We gained an unusual power balance and for once, we discovered how different it felt for Bruce Wayne to not have the upper hand for longer than we expected, which was fresh. Not all blockbusters can create multiple characters and remember to include them so they feel part of it - sometimes directors neglect certain characters that could be important to the story. I loved the perception of Bane to create a politically and socially fuelled attack on the rich which was executed with such precision. It wasn't all out action - emotional aspects of action films need to be performed quite carefully and we were given a deeper and darker meaning within the film, rather than not having to explain things and so take them at face value. Christian Bale could be the only possible one to pull off such insecurity and determination, no one could look like they had another side that was properly executed, or be empathised with better. The acting was brilliant and the atmosphere gave you whatever feeling you were seeing on the screen. It wasn't at all dragged out, which I worry about with these particular lengths of film. What I didn't like about the film was the beginning, which often just peters out at the beginning of films as it just wants to get on with the film. Directors and writers shouldn't be afraid that the beginning will just go on too long so they miss out on such great achievements with the rest of the film. It also took so long for something proper to happen that Nolan usually pulls off with the Batman films. Talking isn't a problem - it's if you talk continuously and try to form the idea in a clever way when it doesn't work. In some parts, this film did try to look clever, but it tried in a particular way that is attributed to these sort of films, instead of 'hey look, I'm looking all meaningful and clever, in your face' kind of way, where you actually knew that it was pretending to be clever. In the meantime, despite some of these flaws, which you could perhaps think are significant, didn't stop it being one of the greatest films of all time. The pros majorly outweighed the cons, but what was the best attributes to this film was the mind-blowing acting of Christian Bale, where, despite being THE main character, didn't take first position in screen-time. He let other people have a chance, and director Christopher Nolan certainly helped create this film to be so breath-taking in personality as well as looks. Expand
  77. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I won't go into superlatives, simply pros and cons.

Pros:
    1) Performances all round are exceptional. Bale dials back the voice and portrays a broken Bruce/Batman very well, Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) and Caine (Alfred the Butler) are as strong and dependable as ever, and there are fantastic performances from newcomers Anne Hathaway (a revelation as Catwoman), Marion Cotillard (Miranda Tate), Tom Hardy (a physical beast as Bane) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in particular as city-cop John Blake. Well done to those who guessed where he ends up.
    2) Action sequences are thrilling throughout (from opening plane-hijacking to city-wide end chase/brawl via brutal fight between our hero and villain), both in terms of effects, pacing and execution.
    3) For me, the ending(s) were very nice indeed.

Cons:
    1) As has been much publicised by others, I had real trouble hearing some of the dialogue - particularly when Bane was speaking quietly. There was one conversation in the middle of the film where he and Batman were almost murmuring to each other under an ill-advised loud moment in the otherwise excellent score by Hans Zimmer.
    2) Morgan Freeman doesn't get much to do, although adding time for him might have stretched the film a bit too far.
    3) Whilst I don't necessarily agree, I can understand the small complaints that it takes a bit of time to get going.

Conclusion:
    The film would be great as a stand-alone film, but as a trilogy ender it's an absolute belter. There aren't many action trilogies to match it - including the original Star Wars trilogy in my opinion - and we are unlikely to see another superhero story like it for many, many years.
  78. Jul 22, 2012
    Though Tom Hardy can not best Heath Ledgers performance as Batman's villain of the hour,(or in TDKR case three hours) He played Bane amazingly with a lot of menace to his acting. My only issue was sometimes it was difficult to make out what he was saying due to the Darth Vader mask.

There are bits of the film which feel like they drag on a bit but because of the top notch acting, I never felt bored. This film is a must see. I can't decide whether this surpasses TDK, I also can't decide if I enjoyed this more then Prometheus but that is for another discussion.
    NOW GO WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!
  79. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie doesn't quite have the vigor of The Dark Night, but the action is unprecedented, as expected from the previous installments. The characters are mostly rounded, with the exception of Bane, who seemed relevant until it was revealed that he was just a lowly prisoner that helped the real escapee out. But man! That movie was so fun to watch! Expand
  80. Aug 27, 2012
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is an exciting, well-made, well-performed and well directed finale that Batman and Nolan fans will surely love this near flawless and worthy conclusion to the well loved franchise.
  81. Jul 25, 2012
    To say this film goes in new, unexpected directions would be an understatement. Christopher Nolan does here what many thought would be impossible-follow up a movie to the Dark Knight. Personally, nothing can top that film. But what I didn't expect was for a movie to reach that status. TDKR brings an end to a fantastic trilogy that offers something new in each movie. The new villain in BaneTo say this film goes in new, unexpected directions would be an understatement. Christopher Nolan does here what many thought would be impossible-follow up a movie to the Dark Knight. Personally, nothing can top that film. But what I didn't expect was for a movie to reach that status. TDKR brings an end to a fantastic trilogy that offers something new in each movie. The new villain in Bane is a new, yet similar villain. He tests Batman mentally and physically and begs the question to whether Bruce Wayne has it left in him to be Batman. The acting is great as each actor assumes their role to the fullest. Anne Hathaway is sexy and cunning. Her femme fatale persona is something that the gentlemen in the audience will surely enjoy.Tom Hardy's Bane is powerful and menacing. Although his voice can get muddled from time to time, his facial expressions and eyes tell the whole story. And lastly, we have Bale. Never before has a superhero seemed more "hero" than "super", if that made any sense. Bale takes Batman to new levels as emotions and feeling pour out of every scene. The remaining cast add to the fine performances, especially Micheal Caine. Its really his second to last scene that you understand the magnitude of this movie. The soundtrack is great, as Hans Zimmer continues to amaze and capture the emotion of the actors and script through incredible sounds and tracks. Bane's music alone makes him seem like a monster. I was scared when I heard about this final movie. I thought there was no way that TDK could be topped, or even reached. But this is the best end for this trilogy as a fan and as a lover of movies. For those who watched, you will understand that this trilogy ends, but still lives on in the audience. Batman becomes more than a superhero and this movie as the constant ideal that he is more than a man in a suit, that he is indeed a symbol comes to life. As much as I want to see more, I understand that the credibility and uniqueness of this trilogy should not be damaged. Long Live The Dark Knight. Expand
  82. Jul 20, 2012
    An epic, visceral, emotional ride. A truly grand feat of filmmaking. Is it better than The Dark Knight? No. But then again, under the circumstances, there was no way it ever could be. What it IS however, is a fitting conclusion to Nolan's Batman saga, the best film he could have possibly made without Heath Ledger. Nolan has beaten the "superhero threequel curse" and delivered the secondAn epic, visceral, emotional ride. A truly grand feat of filmmaking. Is it better than The Dark Knight? No. But then again, under the circumstances, there was no way it ever could be. What it IS however, is a fitting conclusion to Nolan's Batman saga, the best film he could have possibly made without Heath Ledger. Nolan has beaten the "superhero threequel curse" and delivered the second best Batman film ever made, and arguably, the second best comic-book movie too. A must see (but come on, you were going to see it anyway). Expand
  83. Jul 25, 2012
    TDKR is the greatest movie for a Comic. Avenger et Spider man looks like movie for kids, and it is. I remove 1pt because the sound in the theater was to low, and it was difficult to appreciate the music of Hans Zimmer
  84. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever ifThe Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever if you arent a batman fan. Christan Bale and Christopher Nolan yet again bring in the big bucks with this masterpiece. Expand
  85. Jul 20, 2012
    Poor TDKR. A lot of film nerds website are dissing this film; and also as of the time of writing of this review, the world mourns the death of 12 or so patrons who were killed in a premiere of TDKR in Colorado...TDKR starts up as a film with the most to lose from this incident. But the big question is: can TDKR fulfills the incredible expectations that surrounds it? No. Is is a greatPoor TDKR. A lot of film nerds website are dissing this film; and also as of the time of writing of this review, the world mourns the death of 12 or so patrons who were killed in a premiere of TDKR in Colorado...TDKR starts up as a film with the most to lose from this incident. But the big question is: can TDKR fulfills the incredible expectations that surrounds it? No. Is is a great super hero film? Yes. Not as great as TDK but better than Batman Begins. It is surprisingly the most 'comic book'-ish of the Nolan trilogy, with twists, revelations and storyline in line with its source material. Great cinematography and superb technical detail, great soundtrack (albeit a bit overbearing), and most important of all, some great action sequences. I dunno about you though, I feel that Anne Hathaway's Catwoman is the most accurate portrayal of the character ever filmed. Tom Hardy's Bane is not as interesting as the Joker (thanks to Ledger's supreme performance) but he is still a menacing villain. The biggest weakness: one of the plot point during the climax is a little bit too similar of a recent mega blockbuster of late. Nolan also creates too many characters and plot points: it lacks the efficiency and focus of his previous works such as Inception and yes, TDK itself. Worth seeing, but the TDK is still the best comic book film of all time. Lower your expectations a bit, film nerds!! Expand
  86. Jul 21, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What an amazing film. The film looks amazing, the action is awesome and I really liked how they made Gotham feel alive and huge. I also enjoyed the characters development of Bale and JGL. With Bale recovering from 8 years away from being the Batman and JGL becoming more aware of the wider world and less and less idealistic. I also thought Bane was really well done and explained the mask , and even Catwoman was well done and didnt feel forced and felt like she actually belonged there. Expand
  87. Jul 21, 2012
    Great film from start to finish. Fitting ending to a awesome superhero trilogy. All the actors stepped up and really delivered a great performance. Wish it wasn't the last one, but like all things, it must come to an end.
  88. Jul 22, 2012
    A powerhouse ending, beautiful story and thematic intensity make the final Dark Knight film a triumph. Nolan end his trilogy in grand fashion, taking heavy risks and succeeds in asking the audience to look at an apocalyptic threat to Gotham City. The film doesn't always have the crispness in dialogue, or tight packaging in the action sequences of its predecessors, but the emotionalA powerhouse ending, beautiful story and thematic intensity make the final Dark Knight film a triumph. Nolan end his trilogy in grand fashion, taking heavy risks and succeeds in asking the audience to look at an apocalyptic threat to Gotham City. The film doesn't always have the crispness in dialogue, or tight packaging in the action sequences of its predecessors, but the emotional investment is far greater with Bruce Wayne's willingness to sacrifice himself to save Gotham, finally paying dividends in unexpected ways. It is awesome in IMAX Expand
  89. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because theyThe Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because they never mention the joker, but Bayne was a great bad guy, Tom Hardy played him well. Anne Hathaway was suprisingly amazing at playing the Catwoman which has been in various batman movies. The acting for the movie was incredible, The story was great, The visuals were equally as good, and the soundtrack blew me away, not to mention the suprises in the end. Michael Caine, was brilliant as Alfred. Joseph Gordon- Levitt was amazing and all in all this was an amazing movie. This movie included various political and social problems and set them into a superhero movie. Christopher Nolan should be proud of this piece of art that he has delivered to us. Expand
  90. Jul 28, 2012
    Epic and elegant end of this great saga composed by Christopher Nolan. Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard stand out with their great performances. As for the story I like the concept of "Saving a city not worth saving."
  91. Jul 22, 2012
    It was a good movie and I do believe the biggest issue this movie had was trying to live up to the standards set by the last one. The events that surrounded The Dark Knight kinda gave it a mystique that is very hard to match with any other movie. And that was the biggest problem with this movie for me. This movie almost rendered every aspect from the second movie pointless. Not to spoilIt was a good movie and I do believe the biggest issue this movie had was trying to live up to the standards set by the last one. The events that surrounded The Dark Knight kinda gave it a mystique that is very hard to match with any other movie. And that was the biggest problem with this movie for me. This movie almost rendered every aspect from the second movie pointless. Not to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it already, but this movie is more of a sequel to the first movie, Batman Begins, than it is a sequel to The Dark Knight. I personally liked this movie but I was able to temper my expectations going into it. My friends were not and they hated it. I have a buddy who loved the second movie and he HATED this movie because it was not the second movie. I think he's being too harsh toward the movie but he wasn't the only one who had the opinion from the people I know. People need to know that this movie isn't the second one. The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are two different movies and I will warn people that they need be able understand that the differences between the two are quite noticeable. So don't go into the movie expecting to see a direct sequel to The Dark Knight cause that's not what this movie is. In the end, this movie does a great job at ended the Nolan Batman movies and I personally liked it alot. However there are going to be people who will hate this movie just because it's not the second one. Which is a shame since they aren't going to be able to enjoy this movie for what it really is: A great batman movie, and great trilogy, which needs to be praised for everything it did for superhero movies over the years. Expand
  92. Sep 3, 2012
    This is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (finalThis is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (final scenes, a bit of cliches in Zimmer's music that resemble Inception). Michael Caine FTW! Expand
  93. Jul 27, 2012
    So far this is my favorite movie of 2012. Nolan's final masterpiece in his Batman series is nothing short of expectations. The score for this film is one the best in recent memory, and better than the previous batman movies. This time around the villain is Bane and Catwoman makes an appearance. Which honestly, I would have not mind if Selina Kyle was portrayed by someone else other thanSo far this is my favorite movie of 2012. Nolan's final masterpiece in his Batman series is nothing short of expectations. The score for this film is one the best in recent memory, and better than the previous batman movies. This time around the villain is Bane and Catwoman makes an appearance. Which honestly, I would have not mind if Selina Kyle was portrayed by someone else other than Hathaway. Either way her acting wasn't bad. And as for Bane, well he doesn't make half of a villain as Joker did. But at least Dr. Crane makes an appearance. Expand
  94. Jul 23, 2012
    The expectations for this movie were over the top, so it's pretty amazing that it actually lived up to the hype. I won't go over the top and say this is the greatest movie ever made, or even the best movie in the series. I'm not convinced this movie was better than the 2 that preceded it, but it's definitely on par with them, which is an accomplisment in itself. There's a lot going onThe expectations for this movie were over the top, so it's pretty amazing that it actually lived up to the hype. I won't go over the top and say this is the greatest movie ever made, or even the best movie in the series. I'm not convinced this movie was better than the 2 that preceded it, but it's definitely on par with them, which is an accomplisment in itself. There's a lot going on in the movie's nearly 3 hour running time (almost a little too much going on), but it flies by which goes to show how entertaining the movie is. All the new characters are great. Bane is a terrific villian, and the critics who claim he's just a brute with no emotion are idiots. He may not be as exciting as the Joker was, but who honestly expected Tom Hardy to top what Ledger did as the Joker? Bane is certainly more human than the Joker was, and it makes his character all the more thrilling for it. I was genuinely surprised at how great the Catwoman role was. Anne Hathaway seemed like a good choice for the role, but she did better than I expected. Aside from a few campy lines, she was a great addition to the series. Joseph Gordon Levitt was also great as the good guy cop Blake who works alongside Commisioner Gordon. The movie isn't perfect though. Some things were a little too predictable, so some of the "twists" late in the movie are expected. However, it's still a hell of a ride and it would you'd have to be cynical to not enjoy this movie. If this really is the end of this Batman series (and I doubt it will be), than The Dark Knight Rises is a very fitting conclusion to the best superhero trilogy of all time. Expand
  95. Jul 21, 2012
    From the incredible opening sequence to the jaw-dropping finale, The Dark Knight Rises is incredible. It falters briefly in the beginning, which is mostly dialogue, but it instantly picks up the pace and ends beautifully, giving a very satisfying conclusion to an epic trilogy.
  96. Sep 5, 2012
    TDKR is the final chapter in an epic trilogy that made sure that even superhero movies could be for grown-ups too instead of trashy camp fests. I wonder if these movies would have been as successful if Heath Ledger hadn't died but we'll never know. It's impossible to talk about the movie without spoilers but I'll do my best to avoid them. Bruce Wayne is at his worst in the beginning of theTDKR is the final chapter in an epic trilogy that made sure that even superhero movies could be for grown-ups too instead of trashy camp fests. I wonder if these movies would have been as successful if Heath Ledger hadn't died but we'll never know. It's impossible to talk about the movie without spoilers but I'll do my best to avoid them. Bruce Wayne is at his worst in the beginning of the movie, he's lost the will to fight, live, be a part of the world. He made Batman take the blame for Harvey Dent and this act made sure that the "death of batman" brought the "death of the man". The quest to go back alive and kicking is triggered when a certain cat-burglar tries to steal jewel from the Wayn Mansion. The theft uncovers a bigger scheme where the Wayne Empire is the target. Plot twist after plot twist we meet new characters, each one with their own backstory, from Selina Kyle to agent Blake, to the menacing Bane. While Joker liked to play with minds, Bane's strength is its best asset, every time he appears you're scared of what would he do next. He's a solid character, but I think he's not enough menacing on his own but needs a full army to back him up. Bane and his army gain control of the entire town of gotham and it's up the "good people" to save the day. While in the earlier movie Batman was used as a symbol instead of an actual action hero, here he shines through gadgets and futuristic veihcles. There are a lot of action scenes that escalate in the climax of the movie.
    Overall I suggest to see the movie, it's a fitting end to a surprisingly good trilogy.
  97. Jul 21, 2012
    Overall amazing movie in my opinion. The actors all did wonders with their parts and catwoman was portrayed better than I hoped. I never had trouble with banes voice and in fact found it oddly loud at times but easily understood, the stylized voice was really cool and unique too. The free use of time jumps gave the movie a clunky feel at times and it also seemed a wasted opportunity to notOverall amazing movie in my opinion. The actors all did wonders with their parts and catwoman was portrayed better than I hoped. I never had trouble with banes voice and in fact found it oddly loud at times but easily understood, the stylized voice was really cool and unique too. The free use of time jumps gave the movie a clunky feel at times and it also seemed a wasted opportunity to not explore more deeply the third act. That being said had this exploration happened the movie would have been even longer thus turning more people off since many people already complained about length and boring parts. I feel that had the movie been given a chance to explore a few relationships more and situations more it would have lead to better payoffs but then again I would be ok with a 5 hour movie, which isn't for everyone. Expand
  98. Oct 24, 2012
    Nolan done it again. TDKR is a triumph, held down by some minor niggles. Surprisingly, despite my initial negative view of Anne Hathaway as catwoman, I felt that Hathaway has done a terrific job being catwoman and really, this is her sexiest role yet. However, her screentime was a tad lacking and to be honest, her contribution to the actual plot is minor if not unecessary if taking a harshNolan done it again. TDKR is a triumph, held down by some minor niggles. Surprisingly, despite my initial negative view of Anne Hathaway as catwoman, I felt that Hathaway has done a terrific job being catwoman and really, this is her sexiest role yet. However, her screentime was a tad lacking and to be honest, her contribution to the actual plot is minor if not unecessary if taking a harsh stance. The brilliant plot, great combination of soundtrack and visual enticements as well as brilliant acting retains the excellent Nolan formula that everyone would enjoy. The fight scenes are genuine not cliche' or death-defyingly unrealistic. The twists in the film will get you, no matter how hard you think each time. And throw in a controversial, highly debatable, ambiguous-as-hell ending for good effect (as always). The chemistry just works and really does prove Nolan's prowess as a director and writer. Dont get me wrong, the movie's not perfect. There are so many plot elements there that can be debated for and many characters actually go against the batman canon (watch for the twist near the end. For avid batman fanboys out there and those who's played Batman: Arkham City, you'll be cutting yourself). Is this better than the Dark Knight? No, not really. Is it worse? No, definitely not. Sure Heath Ledger's joker was a sensation, take that away and apart from some thrills, the 2nd movie is definitely sub-par to TDKR by a cat's whisker. Ultimately, it does have some neglible flaws that you probably wont care if you're just watching the movie for fun. If you're a deep thinker and adopted an 'Inception'-esque mindset to the film, you will find many discrepancies in the plot flow. My money for Nolan's best film is still Inception but TDKR is without question THE best action/superhero film of the year. Sorry, Avengers. While I enjoy Avengers (a LOT to be honest), TDKR just tops the comedy-action formula the Avengers had and introduced the standard Nolan-excellence that we have all witnessed before. An intelligent film with class, brilliant execution and acting definitely tops an all-out action film reliant on CG-sequences/witty dialogue/a truckload of top-end, expensive Hollywood stars. Expand
  99. Feb 23, 2013
    While probably not quite on a par with The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, bigger and darker than the previous instalments, is certainly worthy of being the closing chapter to Christopher Nolan excellent Dark Knight trilogy.

From the awesome opening plane hijack stunt that introduces Bane, the film is littered with action sequences and really is one huge spectacle. On top of the action, the film is balanced by the soul-searching and recovery of Bruce Wayne, not once but twice as well as reasonably well handled themes of social equality.

Tom Hardy brings an intensity to Bane, a different, more physically imposing intensity than Heath Ledger's Joker, and the character is certainly an improvement on the previous portrayal of Bane (Batman Robin!). He is given the best lines of the script to deliver through his menacing mask-affected voice. Anne Hathway plays Selina Kyle (never referred to as Catwoman), and here is where I have an issue with the Nolan brothers. I was intrigued how they would adapt Catwoman into their Dark Knight universe, and for me it was a let down. She is not the true villain of the comics, instead she is pitched as an ambiguous distraction from the battle with Bane, chasing anonymity from her thieving background and willing to side with whoever can grant it to her.

At 165 minutes, TDKR is stretching the limits of an action film run time but managed to keep my attention. Some of the film's plot holes have earned some attention from critics, the only one I had a problem with was how Wayne got back to Gotham with no money, connections and with the city under lock-down. I imagine Christopher Nolan must have spent many night wondering how to conclude his trilogy. Leave it open ended? Retire Batman? Kill Batman? Anyway, his decision worked for me (despite the ending having remarkable parallels to 2011's Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows).

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.