8.4

1. Jul 29, 2012
    Christopher Nolan succeeded again. Even though he didn't count with a Heath Ledger's level of performance, every new character has a good impression. Trying not to spoil anything: Anne Hathaway's catwoman (she's not referred as catwoman in the movie) was indeed a good choice and she fit very well into the role. Bane was also competently portrayed by Tom Hardy as a cruel and smartChristopher Nolan succeeded again. Even though he didn't count with a Heath Ledger's level of performance, every new character has a good impression. Trying not to spoil anything: Anne Hathaway's catwoman (she's not referred as catwoman in the movie) was indeed a good choice and she fit very well into the role. Bane was also competently portrayed by Tom Hardy as a cruel and smart terrorist. However, some minor parts were very flawed or felt rushed (explainable for a 3-hour movie), particularly the unimpressive reappearance of Dr. Jonathan Crane and the demise of the main villains. But don't be afraid, the good parts really outshine the bad parts, making this movie a 3-hour thrill ride. Expand
  2. Jul 29, 2012
    This was a great movie in its own right, Christopher Nolan did a splendid work, a satisfying conclussion to already amazing trilogy, with a clossure, heart warming and exciting epilogue. This film trilogy can proudly stand beside trilogical film masterpieces, such as the original "Star Wars".
    Even though the TDKR isn't as deep or engaging as the The Dark Knight, it doesn't have to. Bane was a great antagonist in this film, a close portray of the comics, with his own unique twists. He looks threatining, but his voice and ofcourse actions shows a distinct intelligence, which makes him so much more dangerous. I highly recommend you to watch both Batman Begins and TDK before going into the theater, because the story in the third movie is closely tied with the events of previous films. Anyway, Bane's Gotham reckoning is here, get ready yourselves for a wild ride. Best movie of this summer, and of the best this year. 9/10
  3. Jul 29, 2012
    I adored Batman Begins and thought Nolan couldn't top it, and thought he pushed superhero movies to the limit with TDK. Nolan has done it again with TDKR. The movie strives, not for being the 3rd and final installment in the series, but for being different. TDKR isn't just another Batman movie and doesn't try to ride on the success of TDK, it changes the tone almost completely. That is whyI adored Batman Begins and thought Nolan couldn't top it, and thought he pushed superhero movies to the limit with TDK. Nolan has done it again with TDKR. The movie strives, not for being the 3rd and final installment in the series, but for being different. TDKR isn't just another Batman movie and doesn't try to ride on the success of TDK, it changes the tone almost completely. That is why I enjoyed the movie, because it felt fresh. Your introduced to many new characters like Blake and Catwoman, both Gordan and Hathaway played their roles fantastic. Bale is the best Batman I have ever seen and his acting skills shined in TDKR. I do believe Bane came close to the Joker in the TDK. Because he gave off a feeling of true evil as Tom Hardy played a engrossingly disturbing character. I have heard complaints of plot holes and can tell you there aren't any. Go see this movie. Expand
  4. Jul 29, 2012
    Magistral , monumental, épico, sin duda la mejor película de superhéroes jamás creada. Perderse ésta película sería un crimen y es más después de verla le van a dar ganas de repetir.
  5. Jul 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am a huge fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy. But this film really put everything together properly of a good bad guy. With Bane giving Batman many chances at foiling his plot to destroy Gotham city he really dropped the ball and allowed Batman to Escape Twice & to carry the bomb away from Gotham and to save the city. If Bane was truly a "Villain" he wouldn't have just let the cops of Gotham city just sit in hole and allow them to possibly escape and also foil his scheme...which they did while being added by Batman. I also expected a much better ending to the movie. I wish they could have tried to do better with the writing. Expand
  6. Jul 28, 2012
    Incredible. This is really what you call entertainment. While watching this I truly experienced something I have never experienced before. You could call it a movie orgasm. Through it's glorious 164 minute run time I went through phases of anger, anxiety, happiness, and sadness. Tom Hardy does not match the performance of Heath Ledger, but I don't think anyone expected that anyway. He wasIncredible. This is really what you call entertainment. While watching this I truly experienced something I have never experienced before. You could call it a movie orgasm. Through it's glorious 164 minute run time I went through phases of anger, anxiety, happiness, and sadness. Tom Hardy does not match the performance of Heath Ledger, but I don't think anyone expected that anyway. He was brilliant as Bane, providing a chilling and more powerful replacement for the Joker. The rest of the outstanding cast was brilliant as well, including Anne Hathaway, who I was previously concerned with not being able to fit the character of catwoman. Hans Zimmer does a brilliant job with the sound. This in my opinion is what brought the movie that extra step in providing its astonishing intensity, and climaxes. The storyline was masterfully written; I expected no less. If you want a movie that provides every single penny spent for those pricey theater tickets, look no further. Expand
  7. Jul 28, 2012
    Absolute Perfection! After waiting almost a year since first Trailer, I couldn't be more satisfied as I am. It was a really good and entertain movie.
  8. Jul 28, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's final installment in The Dark Knight Trilogy is his strongest. The film is a fantastic show with great writing, action, and performances. "The Dark Knight Rises" is not only a great comic book film, but a great film in general.
  9. Jul 28, 2012
    "The Dark Knight" is the final story of Nolan's Batman and with the series there is a lot of lose ends to tie up and to my pleasure Nolan succeeds. He really brings the series full circle, reaching as far as the first movie. Even though the film doesn't mention the Joker, you can feel his presence through the earlier parts of the film. It feels complete and doesn't leave any loose ends,"The Dark Knight" is the final story of Nolan's Batman and with the series there is a lot of lose ends to tie up and to my pleasure Nolan succeeds. He really brings the series full circle, reaching as far as the first movie. Even though the film doesn't mention the Joker, you can feel his presence through the earlier parts of the film. It feels complete and doesn't leave any loose ends, well non that I noticed.

The film is about fear and how we must overcome it. Even if we aren't afraid fear is what keeps us going. We need to not be afraid, but we embrace it to push forward. Another theme of the film is the symbol of heroism. It can come from anywhere, but it takes one icon to carry it forward. The last major theme of the film is Moving on. There is only so much one can do and they have to know when enough is enough. A lot of heavy themes, but handle with great care.

The film is very well written and directed. We get a lot of nice sweep through the city and some really heart pounding moments. The fight scenes are well choreographed and feel as if it too is telling a story. I really like how the movie weave in the cities inner politics with the action. Even the movie is near 3hrs long, it is packed with a lot of meat. There never seems to be a dull moment. It feels like you're getting your 3hr worth of entertainment. From a dialogue point it is great too. However, at time it can feel sort of cheese mainly towards the end when Wayne has to escape from somewhere.

The characters and acting are all great. I feel like Christian Bale has finally refined his role as Batman. I felt his emotions and his body language spoke volumes. The new entries are great from Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Marion Cotillard and the older characters are just as great. My two favorite stand outs are Michael Caine and Anne Hathaway. Caine, as Alfred, really gave a powerful performance, one I think is worthy of an Oscar nomination. One scene in particular is the confrontation between Albert and Wayne, some really powerful stuff. Hathaway, as Selina, is sly, sleek, and sexy. She stole almost every scene she was in. She's a strong character with a lot of depth. She's funny, emotional, and very smart. The only disappointment is Tom Hardy as Bane. Nothing wrong with his acting, he actually gave a great performance. My only problem is that Bane is such a intimidating character with a lot of layers, but his voice ruins his impact. The voice is so over the top and cartoony that it doesn't fit in the very grim and real world Nolan created. Almost every time he spoke I was slightly detracted from the film.

Overall "The Dark Knight" is a really good film with a lot of depth and fully realized characters. However, the final confrontation between Bane and Batman is incredibly lack luster and the plot twist is incredibly stupid and contrived. It not only ruins the credibility of Bane, but also makes certain motivations unclear. Fortunately the very last scenes make up for most of the fall that the plot twist brought. I give is a very very very high 4/5, a satisfying conclusion to one of the biggest trilogies of the past decade.

"Muy Caliente"
  10. Jul 28, 2012
    Christopher Nolan reúne en The Dark Knight Rises el alma y la razón de ser de Batman Begins, y la energía y la oscuridad de The Dark Knight en este capítulo final del héroe de Ciudad Gótica. A Christian Bale, mejor que nunca (¿acaso quedan dudas qué su interpretación es la mejor?), le toca ser más Bruce Wayne que nuncaChristopher Nolan reúne en The Dark Knight Rises el alma y la razón de ser de Batman Begins, y la energía y la oscuridad de The Dark Knight en este capítulo final del héroe de Ciudad Gótica. A Christian Bale, mejor que nunca (¿acaso quedan dudas qué su interpretación es la mejor?), le toca ser más Bruce Wayne que nunca dejando muy de lado el personaje de Batman, a quien el relato lo interpreta todo el tiempo cómo el símbolo qué es de justicia y esperanza, motivos por los cuales fue creado en la primera película.

11. Jul 28, 2012
    I went into the movie well aware of some of the criticisms that people had, and honestly... I just don't agree with them. I loved the movie, and I came out of the theater very satisfied with what Nolan has done with this Batman trilogy. TDKR really takes the Batman story full circle - it's plot really keys off of the events of Batman Begins (and TDK to a minor extent).

I don't really

I don't really understand a lot of the negative reactions. For example, a lot of people seem to dislike Bane in this movie. I thought he was wonderfully memorable - sure, he never quite captured the terrifying presence that Ledger's Joker did, but did anyone really expect him too? Ledger's performance was one of a kind. Considering that Hardy had to try and follow up his brilliance, I commend him for making Bane quite memorable in his own way. (I also had no problems understanding what he was saying).

Hathaway does a great job as Catwoman as well, all those who berated Nolan for casting her should be ashamed that they failed to trust him yet again.

I also don't understand why people complained that the villains had "no motivation". While normally I understand this criticism very well, I don't understand it in context of the movie. I understood what Bane was doing and why, and when the big plot twist (you'll know what I'm talking about if you've seen it) came along, I understood the motivations even better. Suffice it to say, if you understood the motivations of the villains of the first Batman film, then you'll understand those of this film - because they are THE SAME.

At 2 hours and 45 minutes, the move is definitely long - I can understand some of the complaints there. But for my part, I never felt that it collapsed under it's own weight as many said it did. The story is not as singularly focused as TDK's was - there's a lot of different things going on here more than just the Joker. Nolan is trying to resolve not only the issues brought up in this movie, but also trying to bring the entire trilogy to a close. As I said, the movie has a LOT of tiebacks to the first Batman film, and Nolan really brings the entire trilogy full circle. Obviously, he's going to have to take a lot more time to do so. In my opinion, he manages to keep events interesting and the plot moving - there's never a point where you think "ok, let's have something happen." Things are happening the entire movie. Nolan's action scenes, as always, are exciting. He understands that it's important to be able to follow what's happening - no shaky camera crap, and no blurry, lightspeed, can't see what's going on CG.

There was some criticism also about the political undertones of the movie - specifically those that took aim at socialism and the Occupy Wall Street movement. It is there, but it never really overshadows the movie. This movie is most definitely about Batman/Bruce Wayne and his journey. I don't know if people got rankled because they identify with the OWS movement (or with socialism), and didn't appreciate what they thought the movie was trying to say (honestly I'm not sure if the movie really took a stance, because ultimately Bane's goals have nothing to do with an OWS-like movement). I don't know why people would be offended by a movie that shows mobs trashing a city and dispensing it's "justice" upon people simply because they have move than they do, as wrong. Because it is wrong, and if Nolan really was trying to put a little message in there, then I applaud him for criticizing the "99%" mentality, because he shows what that mentality turns into when taken to the extreme. But like I said - the movie really ultimately isn't about that.

I could write a lot more, but I think I covered most of what I felt about the criticism. I see a potential for people to dislike some of the twists and wrinkles of the ending, but, I guess that's just up to personal taste. Personally, I loved the implications of the last 10 minutes of the movie. (hopefully they don't make a sequel and ruin it) Overall, ti was a fantastic and memorable way to end what has been one of the best trilogies I've had the pleasure to see. Certainly will be one of my favorites for a long time.
  12. Jul 28, 2012
    Its hard to give a 10 because of its given representation of perfection, and The Dark Knight Rises is not perfect. Its starts slow and it may find itself a little tricky to understand at some points given its wide resemblance to the first movie, but the truth is that this movie when it ends leaves an impression. The impression of a work of class. Thats what ultimately enables such a score,Its hard to give a 10 because of its given representation of perfection, and The Dark Knight Rises is not perfect. Its starts slow and it may find itself a little tricky to understand at some points given its wide resemblance to the first movie, but the truth is that this movie when it ends leaves an impression. The impression of a work of class. Thats what ultimately enables such a score, because for me it is not about the perfection, but the experience, and the experience was awesome. The story concludes the trilogy in a very satisfactory and emotionally way, the characters and the actors portraying them are incredible, the music and special effects are spectacular. Nolan had already conceived an amazing villain with The Joker with the unforgettable performance of Heath Ledger, but Bane, Bane is the representation of evil and surely is the most brutal villain Batman has ever encountered. Overall, this movie is a work of mastery, one that would not be forget in years, pretty much like most of the director's work. Expand
  13. Jul 28, 2012
    Ultimately the problem with the movie is the plot makes no sense at all. As I'm endeavoring to not give away anything, so I'm going to be intentionally vague. There is no logical explanation for the actions of the villains in this movie. Nothing to justify why they are doing what they are doing, and even if you work past that and accept that they just are, what they end up doing doesn'tUltimately the problem with the movie is the plot makes no sense at all. As I'm endeavoring to not give away anything, so I'm going to be intentionally vague. There is no logical explanation for the actions of the villains in this movie. Nothing to justify why they are doing what they are doing, and even if you work past that and accept that they just are, what they end up doing doesn't even make sense in the context of their stated goals. Unlike the insane, but methodical plans of the Joker in the second movie, the bad guys in this are just plain insane, and yet they play it far more straight-faced than the aforementioned previous antagonist did.
    The next problem is the action. The whole "comic book movie" excuse that gets banded around so often can really only make up for so much. The core of the issue is that in Nolan's Batman universe, bullets seem to be more precious than diamonds. For some reason this did not feel quite as obvious in the previous two installments as it did in this one. Every action scene has mooks running up to Batman or other characters with guns in their hands to be easily disarmed. The frequency with which this happens in staggering. Barely anyone ever fires their guns throughout the movie and when they do, they make Stormtroopers look accurate. This culminates in a massive all out battle in which literally thousands of people suddenly forget the deadly projectile launching devices more or less all of them are holding and start laying into each other with whatever is available on hand. The sheer absurdity of the scene makes it impossible to ignore the issue even if you'd intentionally not payed attention everyone running up to martial arts specialists to be easily disarmed up to that point. All of this casts an absurd, practically silly light on the action that really detracts from the movies tone.
    Next problem: Exposition, exposition, exposition, exposition, exposition...you can see where I'm going with this. A character enters a plot important room and they start spouting exposition about it to people who quite obviously and unmistakable already have this knowledge beforehand, and nobody questions why they are being told something they already know. The sheer volume of exposition in this movie pushes the already ridiculous runtime past the point of tolerance.
    Honestly, I feel tired of this movie. I felt tired of it by the time it finally ended on it's awful cop-out ending, I felt tired thinking of all the things that really did not work in it, and I feel tired listing them here. I'm sorry, it just really isn't a good movie on almost any level, which is a crying shame seeing as it's predecessor is one of my personal favorites.
  14. Jul 28, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is a surprisingly break-neck conclusion to Nolan's wistful Bat-trilogy, in that the bravado of the first two acts is largely overshadowed by the legacy that is (clears throat) THE BATMAN in his finest and final hour. While it's perfectly understandable that no one wants to see the Batman flutter into obscurity, least of all me, Christopher Nolan really has some ballsThe Dark Knight Rises is a surprisingly break-neck conclusion to Nolan's wistful Bat-trilogy, in that the bravado of the first two acts is largely overshadowed by the legacy that is (clears throat) THE BATMAN in his finest and final hour. While it's perfectly understandable that no one wants to see the Batman flutter into obscurity, least of all me, Christopher Nolan really has some balls for ending the vespertilian dream as no other would. I had the special joy of watching all three movies back-to-back, and I really think that fans of the series and the Batman universe alike who found this finale less than satisfactory might wish to consider taking a nice long walk in the opposite direction of the theatre instead of getting in line for something that they can't dignifiedly embrace. I look at The Dark Knight Rises, and I don't see the box-office behemoth of the summer or the cinematic main course of the year that ranters and ravers around the world are flocking to. I see the Dark Knight's bright conclusion, and that's really all that moviegoers ought to stomach. Flex your bat wings, moviegoers. Flex your bat wings. Expand
  15. Jul 28, 2012
    Superheroes are usually infallible, except for whatever their one weakness is. What I mean is that after a knock down, drag-out end of the world fight, they are able to get up, wipe the dirt off their shoulder, and walk away without any visible scars. Batman is not superhuman though, he relies on technology and a therapist's dream amount of anger. It has been eight years since theSuperheroes are usually infallible, except for whatever their one weakness is. What I mean is that after a knock down, drag-out end of the world fight, they are able to get up, wipe the dirt off their shoulder, and walk away without any visible scars. Batman is not superhuman though, he relies on technology and a therapist's dream amount of anger. It has been eight years since the events of The Dark Knight and no Gothamite has seen even a glimpse of Batman (Christian Bale). Coincidentally, nobody has seen reclusive billionaire Bruce Wayne either.

Bruce limps now; he shuffles around with a cane, stoops his shoulders, and has no cartilage in his knees. During a fundraiser, he is actually at a disadvantage and lets a cat burglar, Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway), sneak into his rooms and steal his dead mother's pearls right in front of him. Yep, Bruce Wayne is depressed. Business isn't doing too well either. Along with Lucious Fox (Morgan Freeman) who runs the day-to-day of Wayne Enterprises, Bruce sunk half his money into nuclear fusion research trying to develop clean energy for Gotham City. That avenue does not appear to be taking off any time soon. Alas, if it was just his money, Bruce probably would not be so down in the dumps, but he also took the money of philanthropist and do-gooder Miranda Tate (Marion Cotillard). Bruce really does not like to lose a good looking lady's money. The Dark Knight Rises would be an altogether odd Batman film if the main villains were depression and the recession. No worries, the bad guy this time literally emerges from a dark hole in the ground, wears a grotesque mask on his head, and sounds like a hard to understand Darth Vader. Bane (Tom Hardy) is a big guy. One could say he grew up in a rough neighborhood and has been socialized to become the world's, and naturally Gotham's, leading terrorist. He nonchalantly takes over and disintegrates a CIA aircraft, takes the entire New York Stock Exchange hostage, and oh yeah, gets his hand on a neutron bomb which he hangs over the heads of the woefully unlucky Gotham citizens. Please Batman, come back to us; but there is no Batman to be found. Gotham City blames the Batman for Harvey Dent's death and despite the best efforts of Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman) to temper their anger, nobody likes Batman too much.

That is just fine with Alfred (Michael Caine). He is more than happy to see Batman hang up his repelling hooks and leather body suit. Besides, he thinks Bruce Wayne can do the world more good than Batman can; especially an older and weathered Batman. But if it wasn't for those gosh darn meddling kids, Batman probably would have stayed out of this whole mess. Rookie police officer John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) knows the truth about Bruce Wayne. How? Well, you will have to watch the film for that; needless to say, I thought it was quite the stretch how he figures it out. Blake works for this film's resident jackass, Foley (Matthew Modine), who is angling to take over for an even more weathered Commissioner Gordon.

The Dark Knight Rises is a big film. I do not necessarily mean that in terms of its budget, its expected box office take, or the IMAX screen I saw it on. Just like The Dark Knight, its underlying philosophy is big. The script dives deeper than the ordinary first layer of is he a superhero or a vigilante? Perhaps Alfred is on to something that what the world needs is another philanthropic billionaire and not a guy hopping around town on his latest crazy gadget. The gadget this time is a kind of batwing, but is just odd looking and clunky. Bane also has his own philosophy, but it is more "We are the 99%" taken to the nth degree combined with a dash of mayhem and some spicy nuclear armageddon. I only understood about 80% of Bane's dialogue. There are times when he is truly hard to understand. He voice is amplified by a microphone and I think there is an Irish accent in there. This film is a fine capstone to Director Christopher Nolan's trilogy. It stays away from the campy, make fun of itself side ala Batman Forever and continues the effective choice from the previous film of an incredibly formidable enemy. Just like Heath Ledger's version of the Joker, Bane is not someone you take lightly. Batman can mess around with the Riddler and Mr. Freeze, but Bane would eat those two for breakfast.
  16. Jul 28, 2012
    Epic and elegant end of this great saga composed by Christopher Nolan. Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard stand out with their great performances. As for the story I like the concept of "Saving a city not worth saving."
  17. Jul 28, 2012
    Holy cow this is a good movie. It may not quite be as good as The Dark Knight but that was all about Heath Ledger being so unbelievable. This movie doesn't have anyone reaching so high (though Bane does have a wonderful moment), but I think it is just as good because everything else in the movie is still so good (or better). I can't remember the last time I was actually tense during anHoly cow this is a good movie. It may not quite be as good as The Dark Knight but that was all about Heath Ledger being so unbelievable. This movie doesn't have anyone reaching so high (though Bane does have a wonderful moment), but I think it is just as good because everything else in the movie is still so good (or better). I can't remember the last time I was actually tense during an action sequence (that will remain unnamed for spoiler reasons). Expand
  18. Jul 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Cristopher Nolan has done a Fab Job ! Thanks for such great movie ! Bane (Tom Hardy) though not Good as Heath Ledger..but still makes a Tough fight against Batman ! Christian Bale is always good for the 'Wayne' character ! Anne Hathway as Bat Girl is Average ! Michael Caine has a Good Role to play ! Rest the Background score will hyper you ! The Batman Theme is just Amazing ! Hope to see such movies again ! Regards ! Expand
  19. Jul 28, 2012
    Again, like the dark knight, this is a spectacular movie. It's insanely good, It's at least as good as the dark knight, it may even be better, but I'm not sure, the dark knight has the joker, which is not just the best villain, but was portrayed incredibly well by Heath Ledgers, he was a brilliant actor. But there was some great acting in this film, like Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. TheAgain, like the dark knight, this is a spectacular movie. It's insanely good, It's at least as good as the dark knight, it may even be better, but I'm not sure, the dark knight has the joker, which is not just the best villain, but was portrayed incredibly well by Heath Ledgers, he was a brilliant actor. But there was some great acting in this film, like Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. The action is immensely tense and exciting to watch, it has a very interesting plot that has a few shocking twists, a good, well-written dialogue, and yes, it has a very satisfying ending. It totally deserves a 10/10! Expand
  20. Jul 27, 2012
    This year has been historic for comic book films. First we had The Avengers, the biggest collaberation of superheroes ever. Then we had The Amazing Spider-Man, the best origin story ever conceived for the character. Now we have The Dark Knight Rises, a film that not only ties loose ends for the Dark Knight era, but also becomes one of the most believably dark comic book films ever. Some ofThis year has been historic for comic book films. First we had The Avengers, the biggest collaberation of superheroes ever. Then we had The Amazing Spider-Man, the best origin story ever conceived for the character. Now we have The Dark Knight Rises, a film that not only ties loose ends for the Dark Knight era, but also becomes one of the most believably dark comic book films ever. Some of the best acting of the year comes from TDKR, and Bane is one of the best villains that has ever been pitted against Batman. Its one of the years best films. Expand
  21. Jul 27, 2012
    I say the movie is more 8.5 total. Better than "The Amazing Spiderman". Not as good as the second movie in this new batman trilogy. I feel the movie drags a bit in the beginning. The story relates to the first one with no real mention of the Joker for obvious reasons and is difficult to follow at times. But overall the movie very satisfying and is a great ride. The acting is superb allI say the movie is more 8.5 total. Better than "The Amazing Spiderman". Not as good as the second movie in this new batman trilogy. I feel the movie drags a bit in the beginning. The story relates to the first one with no real mention of the Joker for obvious reasons and is difficult to follow at times. But overall the movie very satisfying and is a great ride. The acting is superb all around and the plot actually believable to an extent. See this movie if you haven't already. Expand
  22. Jul 27, 2012
    To be 100% honest, this is probably the best Superhero movie (and trilogy) i have ever seen in my entire live. It's full of emotion, darkness and pain, and it makes us think. It's not only entertainment, but the perfect combination of Pop Culture and Humanity. It's a job that deserves applause of every person who claims to be an HQ fan. Thakns Nolan, Bale, Cane, Freeman, Ledger, Hardy,To be 100% honest, this is probably the best Superhero movie (and trilogy) i have ever seen in my entire live. It's full of emotion, darkness and pain, and it makes us think. It's not only entertainment, but the perfect combination of Pop Culture and Humanity. It's a job that deserves applause of every person who claims to be an HQ fan. Thakns Nolan, Bale, Cane, Freeman, Ledger, Hardy, Lewitt, Hathaway, Eckhart, Neeson, Gyllenhaal, Holmes, Murphy, Oldman, and everybody who was involved in the trilogy!!! Expand
  23. Jul 27, 2012
    So far this is my favorite movie of 2012. Nolan's final masterpiece in his Batman series is nothing short of expectations. The score for this film is one the best in recent memory, and better than the previous batman movies. This time around the villain is Bane and Catwoman makes an appearance. Which honestly, I would have not mind if Selina Kyle was portrayed by someone else other thanSo far this is my favorite movie of 2012. Nolan's final masterpiece in his Batman series is nothing short of expectations. The score for this film is one the best in recent memory, and better than the previous batman movies. This time around the villain is Bane and Catwoman makes an appearance. Which honestly, I would have not mind if Selina Kyle was portrayed by someone else other than Hathaway. Either way her acting wasn't bad. And as for Bane, well he doesn't make half of a villain as Joker did. But at least Dr. Crane makes an appearance. Expand
  24. Jul 27, 2012
    A perfect way to end the Epic Trilogy . The Nolan Batman Adventure ends with a very unique way . The story doesn't goes around a end plot it makes the plot through the end . The films silent philological weather was superb . Although it failed to pass TDR im gonna say its like Godfather 2. Never seen a superhero struggle this much to band the bad guys.
    Bale as batman is undoubtedly superb
    Bale as batman is undoubtedly superb . I never thought Bane would pass Joker and i stand corrected . But Tom did really good as Bane . the voice and the body language was superb. The hand to hand combat with Batman was one of THE best scene i have ever seen .
    Anne as catwoman !!! To me Michelle Pfeiffer will always be the best Cat but Anne did surprisingly well the i thought she would. To me she was the shock in the films charterers. and no matter how they said i still knew that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is Robin and Marion Cotillard is Talia al Ghul. So that wasn't shock to me but that little child was Talia that came quiet a shock to me .
    Christopher Nolan direction is super as always but he did better in Inception and TDK.
    Im not that sad to see the end of Nolans batman coz he ended it so amazingly but I hope the next batman film would be more like Batman Arkham City .
  25. Jul 27, 2012
    After seeing "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", the expectetions for this film are gigantic. Unfortunately, the film is not as good as the others, mostly because it has too many characters, and some of them aren't really important and don't have any purpose. This is the only problem of the film, everything else is fantastic! The script is greatly written, the new characters (Bane,After seeing "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight", the expectetions for this film are gigantic. Unfortunately, the film is not as good as the others, mostly because it has too many characters, and some of them aren't really important and don't have any purpose. This is the only problem of the film, everything else is fantastic! The script is greatly written, the new characters (Bane, Selina, Blake) are multidimensional, Tom Hardy in the role of Bane is great and the action scenes are memorable. The Dark Knight Rises has a fearless and beautiful ending, perfect to end the beloved Batman trilogy. Expand
  26. Jul 27, 2012
    GO SEE THIS MOVIE! It had so much expectation to live up to with the first two installments of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy but oh it delivers!

The cast as always is fantastic and they deliver some great performances here. The ambition of the story is epic and covers so many bases. I am just so impressed with what Nolan has been able to achieve i think this will go down as one of the great trilogies.
  27. Jul 27, 2012
    One word to describe this movie is EPIC. It completes The Dark Knight Trilogy perfectly, even though Bane is not as great as a character as the Joker, the character was still amazing. Highly recommended.
  28. Jul 27, 2012
    This film is completely amazing, a master piece you could say. The central theme of TDNR is hope, and you will gain it and loose it just as the characters do. You know, some scenes, dialogues are so powerful, so moving, so wonderfully achieved, you will feel like crying. The work of all the actors is incredible, plus, Nolan achieved the redemption of some of the plot characters, whichThis film is completely amazing, a master piece you could say. The central theme of TDNR is hope, and you will gain it and loose it just as the characters do. You know, some scenes, dialogues are so powerful, so moving, so wonderfully achieved, you will feel like crying. The work of all the actors is incredible, plus, Nolan achieved the redemption of some of the plot characters, which seemed impossible given the fact they were so poorly represented in the others (not-nolans) batman movies. Expand
  29. Jul 27, 2012
    Desde el inicio uno se queda maravillado por el personaje Bane, y creo que Nolan no pudo elegir mejor enemigo para cerrar la saga de la mejor manera. Una obra maravillosa de comienzo a fin que no tiene un segundo de desperdicio. Todos los actores cumplen con creces su rol y mas! Se transformara en un clásico del cine que nadie puede dejar de ver seas fan o no.
  30. Jul 27, 2012
    This movie was a huge let down and I am not sure why most critics are letting this movie slide and giving it epic status. There are some major problems. That's not to say this is a bad movie but it's not what we have come to expect from a film maker who prides himself on story and detail. I didn't need this to be Dark Knight and I don't need Heath Ledger for this movie to be excellent.This movie was a huge let down and I am not sure why most critics are letting this movie slide and giving it epic status. There are some major problems. That's not to say this is a bad movie but it's not what we have come to expect from a film maker who prides himself on story and detail. I didn't need this to be Dark Knight and I don't need Heath Ledger for this movie to be excellent. What we got was subpar and frankly I can't believe more people aren't pissed. Besides the movie being all over the place here is a list of grievances:

1.In this universe Batman has only been Batman for 2-3 years max. Thus he is not Batman through his mid 30
  31. Jul 27, 2012
    Christopher Nolan influenced a rare and astonishing phenomenon back in 2008: He united Critics and Fanboys in glorious, peaceful accordance. Few would argue with the notion that "The Dark Knight" is the greatest superhero movie ever made. No other comic book movie even comes close. None. To compare "The Dark Knight" with lesser films like "Thor", or "Captain America", or "The AmazingChristopher Nolan influenced a rare and astonishing phenomenon back in 2008: He united Critics and Fanboys in glorious, peaceful accordance. Few would argue with the notion that "The Dark Knight" is the greatest superhero movie ever made. No other comic book movie even comes close. None. To compare "The Dark Knight" with lesser films like "Thor", or "Captain America", or "The Amazing Spiderman", is like comparing Michael Jordan with Kobe Bryant. Why even bother?
    But it seems that the overwhelming success of "The Dark Knight" has placed Nolan in an interesting position. His masterpiece left a hungry audience with rising expectations, which is reasonable effect. Wouldn't it be weird to walk in a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" and expect the second greatest superhero movie ever made?
    Whether this closing chapter is better than its predecessors is not a major concern. All three Batman movies are exhilarating and memorable, and it can be said that they belong in a league of their own. As an artist who is constantly propelled to challenge our minds, Christopher Nolan adapts the superhero genre but does not conform to its traditions. He constructs a dark and ominous world that,s very close to our own, a world separated from the detached, happy-go-lucky playground occupied by the heroes of "The Avengers".

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/dark-knight-rises-review/
  32. Jul 27, 2012
    A sequel to "The Dark Knight" is a challenge by definition, since it's extremely difficult to surpass the film's incredible plot and majestic performances (especially Heath Ledger's). "The Dark Knight Rises" surprisingly manages to live up to its formidable predecessor with excellent visual and sound effects and new characters with a storyline that will leave the audience completelyA sequel to "The Dark Knight" is a challenge by definition, since it's extremely difficult to surpass the film's incredible plot and majestic performances (especially Heath Ledger's). "The Dark Knight Rises" surprisingly manages to live up to its formidable predecessor with excellent visual and sound effects and new characters with a storyline that will leave the audience completely thrilled and entertained. Expand
  33. Jul 26, 2012
    I saw this movie a couple of days ago, and in my opinion this movie met my expectations. There may have been a few little things that kind of bugged me but it was worth the money all the way.
  34. Jul 26, 2012
    This movie is good, not great. It is fairly formulaic and simple minded compared to it's profound predecessor which included (Heath Ledger). I liked the movie, but I think if it stood alone .. It would be even less weighty of a flick, it's too dependent on past events for substance. I think it is weaker because of this.

Still for closure, and predictable end it was worth matinee price.

Still for closure, and predictable end it was worth matinee price. And it had Batman, with a little too subtle cat woman appearance ...
  35. Jul 26, 2012
    I don't understand all the 10s given to this film. Yes, it's awesome to watch in iMAX. Yes, it's Batman. And yes, this is the last of the trilogy. But c'mon, there's just so many bad scenes in this film. And I have to agree with the others that many of the characters in this film is so unnecessary. In the end, the story (7) acting and dialogue (5) killed TDKR for me. I just couldn't giveI don't understand all the 10s given to this film. Yes, it's awesome to watch in iMAX. Yes, it's Batman. And yes, this is the last of the trilogy. But c'mon, there's just so many bad scenes in this film. And I have to agree with the others that many of the characters in this film is so unnecessary. In the end, the story (7) acting and dialogue (5) killed TDKR for me. I just couldn't give it a pass. And in my opinion (and I think everyone else who didn't give this film a 10), TDK is far superior with its better storyline and acting. Expand
  36. Jul 26, 2012
    Nolan has talent, I will give him that. Of course I favor cerebral films, and this was one of them though it had a quite-down-to-earth setting. I constantly find myself studying each detail as I am watching, updating and maintaining a mental checklist of nuances just to be sure and understand things. It's somewhat of a workout but I'm still able to enjoy the action regardless. And I mustNolan has talent, I will give him that. Of course I favor cerebral films, and this was one of them though it had a quite-down-to-earth setting. I constantly find myself studying each detail as I am watching, updating and maintaining a mental checklist of nuances just to be sure and understand things. It's somewhat of a workout but I'm still able to enjoy the action regardless. And I must thank him for artistically reminding us that conspiracies and radical philosophies and organizations such as Anarchy and Communism are scion of adulterous minds, personified in Raz Al Gul and his legacy. Very nicely illustrated. I am also glad that though this was the last in his masterful series that he courteously leaves lead-ins for the rest of the story, that the story in almost no sense ends because there were so many ambiguous resolutions in the end. The ending was very well done, as were the numerous skillfully-woven motivational themes and tropes. Any creative work that can postulate radical thesis from a very contemporary scenario as an effectively-alternate present deserves my applause and my appreciation. 'Thanks for the intellectual diversion, Mr. Nolan!' Expand
  37. Jul 26, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie I have ever seen. I felt like everything was done right to end this Batman trilogy. It was the most epic, and the most emotional Batman to date, and I couldn't have been happier with the acting, the characters, the music, special effects, and the action in this film. Bruce was more heroic in here than in any Batman film, and we see how humanThe Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie I have ever seen. I felt like everything was done right to end this Batman trilogy. It was the most epic, and the most emotional Batman to date, and I couldn't have been happier with the acting, the characters, the music, special effects, and the action in this film. Bruce was more heroic in here than in any Batman film, and we see how human he really is so we connect to him more. Bane was an amazing villain, and actually really creepy. Hardy did a great job with using just his eyes, tone of voice, and body language. It's difficult to get the emotions and the point across with a mask on. He did perfectly. Anne as Selina Kyle was also a great addition to the movie, and she performed brilliantly. All the actors did well in this film, and the movie had a satisfying ending to Nolan's Batman trilogy. It is by far the best comic book movie ever created, and might be the best film ever created. With a smart, brilliant, emotional, heroic film like this, everyone should go to the theater to see it at least once. Maybe even twice. Watching this film opening night was the most fun I have had at the theaters. This is definitely a must see. Expand
  38. Jul 26, 2012
    Wow, I really wasn't expecting this. After all the hype, after knowing it was going to be the last batman movie made by Nolan, the movie just couldnt deliver, at all. And srsly I wanted to like it, I really tried, but after some horrible scenes and dialogues I couldn't lie to myself anymore.

I can't understand how this movie is getting such high reviews and by so many people... It makes no sense. The movie was a plotless mess with too much wasted budget. They didn't know what to do with so much money and decided to make up a load of random crap to fill in.

From beginning to end, there was nothing to like. The annoying conversations with Alfred, the horrible plot twists, the useless police march at the end (why not just drop a bomb in the middle of it?), the everlasting Morgan Freeman (always the same role and acting), Anne Hathaway (horrible choice for catwoman), the lame speech at the stadium, the over the top loud music, but above everything, the was no plot or story.

It worries me that so many people are loving it. This proves that anyone can produce a successful movie as long as there is huge hype, budget and fanboyism around it. People are going to love it either way.

Im not at all a hater, in fact I loved the second movie and TDKR was not even remotely close to it. I dont want to insult the people who liked this movie, but this was a very dumb movie, with too many plot holes ( e.g. Bruce leg problem magically healed in jail?) to mention all of them.

The good parts? I guess the explosion of the football stadium was cool. I walked out pissed and confused about why so few people disliked it.
  39. Jul 26, 2012
    SUPERB! EPIC!. Joker is still the best villain, and I have a gut feel that Christopher Nolan would have made a Joker sequel if there's someone who could match the performance of Heath Ledger. But then, this movie is EPIC! With its perfect presentation, perfect blend of intense action and well crafted story, I ALMOST FORGOT THE JOKER while watching this movie. I recommend watching BatmanSUPERB! EPIC!. Joker is still the best villain, and I have a gut feel that Christopher Nolan would have made a Joker sequel if there's someone who could match the performance of Heath Ledger. But then, this movie is EPIC! With its perfect presentation, perfect blend of intense action and well crafted story, I ALMOST FORGOT THE JOKER while watching this movie. I recommend watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. Thank you Christopher Nolan for another great movie! THIS IS A CLEAN SLATE! Expand
  40. Jul 26, 2012
    I have seen this film twice now in the cinema. I was never a batman fan until i seen the Dark Knight. After that i got Batman Begins and took them both for what they were. Two amazing films. however, The Dark Knight Rises was just empty. I had no expectations going into the film. I was taking it for what it was. I did not go in comparing it to the previous two films. There were too manyI have seen this film twice now in the cinema. I was never a batman fan until i seen the Dark Knight. After that i got Batman Begins and took them both for what they were. Two amazing films. however, The Dark Knight Rises was just empty. I had no expectations going into the film. I was taking it for what it was. I did not go in comparing it to the previous two films. There were too many plot holes and things going on at the same time. As much as i liked Tom Hardy's adaption of Bane, there really wasnt enough of him in it. It feels like they knew how to start at and how to end it, they just needed to fill it in the middle. The last 20 mins were the best in the film. But walking out the cinema i had nothing really to say or go "remember the bit where?..." I seen it a second time hoping to like it, i hated it the second time. I just found it boring, i found myself constantly checking my phone and being distracted. this is only my opinion, but its an opinion from someone who isn't a fan boy or anything like that. Go watch it, but stick to the first two films because they possess more passion. Expand
  41. Jul 26, 2012
    I waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though), but Tom Hardy does a very very good job. Anne Hathaway has surprised me, I thought she would be boring and bad, but like Tom Hardy, she acts veryI waited more than 2 years for this film, and damn, it was worth it! The story is so awesome and well done. It only starts a little bit slowly but it's fine. Bane isn't as good as The Joker in The Dark Knight (that is very difficult though), but Tom Hardy does a very very good job. Anne Hathaway has surprised me, I thought she would be boring and bad, but like Tom Hardy, she acts very well. I don't know why some people hate this movie, but I enjoyed it like heaven!!! Expand
  42. Jul 26, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises even with its flaws, it's the most charming on franchise. Nolan concludes The Dark Knight legend in spectacular fashion with ambitious direction, thoughtful and top-notch performance.
  43. Jul 26, 2012
    did you know why this movie is awesome?? BECAUSE IS BATMAN!!!!
  44. Jul 26, 2012
    It was a great movie, but left a lot to be desired. Even with the unrealistic expectations set by the Dark Knight, this movie is barely a shadow to that. I wanted to enjoy the movie so much more than I did. It just felt very bland in several spots that I knew should be exciting. The first fight between Bane and Batman for example left me just wanting and wishing for something better.It was a great movie, but left a lot to be desired. Even with the unrealistic expectations set by the Dark Knight, this movie is barely a shadow to that. I wanted to enjoy the movie so much more than I did. It just felt very bland in several spots that I knew should be exciting. The first fight between Bane and Batman for example left me just wanting and wishing for something better. It was almost like the movie was just going through the motions at several points. Still, it's a solid conclusion to one of the best trilogies ever made. Expand
  45. Jul 26, 2012
    With an epic fight sequence in an aircraft, Christopher Nolan and his team bring us Batman back on the big screen. Main villain Bane shows who's running the show in the first minutes of the epic final, 'The Dark Knight Rises' and after a while we also get to see the title-giving hero of Gotham City, Bruce Wayne aka Batman himself. As it was announced in 'The Dark Knight', he settled downWith an epic fight sequence in an aircraft, Christopher Nolan and his team bring us Batman back on the big screen. Main villain Bane shows who's running the show in the first minutes of the epic final, 'The Dark Knight Rises' and after a while we also get to see the title-giving hero of Gotham City, Bruce Wayne aka Batman himself. As it was announced in 'The Dark Knight', he settled down after losing his longtime love, Rachel, and being accused for killing Gotham's former district attorney, Harvey Dent. But as he gets tricked by cat burglar Selina Kyle (nicely played by Anne Hathaway), better known as Catwoman, he finally comes out of his hibernation, to fight for Gotham one last time. Also new in the cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as assiduous police officer and Marion Cotillard as an important member of Wayne Enterprises. Ah yeah, and Tom Hardy plays Bane, but that Expand
  46. Jul 26, 2012
    Upon watching this the second time around I was absolutely clear that this was truly a worthy and beautiful way to conclude Nolan's Bat Saga! A few minor plot holes here and there, but overall I was very satisfied as a reader of the comics and as a film enthusiast. Its an emotional roller coaster showing one of the world's most beloved heroes go through hell and back. It truly is somethingUpon watching this the second time around I was absolutely clear that this was truly a worthy and beautiful way to conclude Nolan's Bat Saga! A few minor plot holes here and there, but overall I was very satisfied as a reader of the comics and as a film enthusiast. Its an emotional roller coaster showing one of the world's most beloved heroes go through hell and back. It truly is something to be marvelled. Brave Mr. Nolan. Bravo! Expand
  47. Jul 26, 2012
    the story confuse me. The movie has some scenes from the other two movies for this reason i confused (maybe). In general, this is the end that deserve to dark knight , i hope some day Cristofer Nolan continue this phenom movie. Additionally the sountrack and the technology that use the film are excellent.
  48. Jul 26, 2012
    at the oscar screening someone told that no one was exited ,but i would like to say that if no one was exited than why they went for the movie no one is capable of capturing sir nolan's visionary story telling by combinig the technicality with the human emotion so intimate. it's truly another masterpiece from the greatest director of all time and looking forward to see all his movies. andat the oscar screening someone told that no one was exited ,but i would like to say that if no one was exited than why they went for the movie no one is capable of capturing sir nolan's visionary story telling by combinig the technicality with the human emotion so intimate. it's truly another masterpiece from the greatest director of all time and looking forward to see all his movies. and i would condemn the colorado shooting. Expand
  49. Jul 25, 2012
    Anyone who has seen this movie once n felt bored n overstuffed needs to watch it 2nd time. U gonna luv it, i tell u coz the first time it feels like listening to 5 hours long lecture of ur teacher at college covering upto 3 long chapters. As u watch it the 2nd time or the 3rd, u will be very familiar with the small characters n ur mind wont be diverted frm the emotions n action spectaclesAnyone who has seen this movie once n felt bored n overstuffed needs to watch it 2nd time. U gonna luv it, i tell u coz the first time it feels like listening to 5 hours long lecture of ur teacher at college covering upto 3 long chapters. As u watch it the 2nd time or the 3rd, u will be very familiar with the small characters n ur mind wont be diverted frm the emotions n action spectacles n most importantly the central story coz u will know how they r gonna wind up dead or disappear frm the movie. yeah too much muchness has cost this movie many negative reviews even frm diehard Nolan fans but i tell u when u watch it 2nd time, everything u dislike about this movie calling it boring will be substantially reduced. IT is the movie whre Nolan isnt only interested in character of Bruce/ Batman but also on other characters of Gotham like kids, prisoners, oppertunists, rich fortuners, dutiful cops, terrrorists, newcomers in Gotham n many many more. All these characters build up Gotham city i.e 12 million other people xcept Bruce Wayne. Nolan's intention of picturizing all the lives of people residing in Gotham City in this huge canvass of epic movie comes with a little bit price like overlong, boring n maybe even bloated coz the uninteresting portions will occupy ur mind n may even sideline the interesting portions like actions or raw emotions coz u know the better parts are there in the movie but you cant remember where. But if u watch it 2nd time u already know there r this unteresting portions or characters n hence u can focus more on the interesting ones. This movie is epic, grandest n most spectacular movie of this summer but it is also something that tests your focus, attention and patience. If u succeed in your test, the outcome is the most rewarding one you have ever received with the grand climax n the perfect ending.

Even Bane made me emotional. I dont think he is wasted at all. Before his death, he surely has his moments. Marion Cotillard is even great too. Anne Hathaway is stunning as Selina Kyle. Though a cat burgler she has her emotional side. U can see her sad facial expression and even tears during some moments in her eyes. The best performance goes to Michael Caine. Though his role is short, he gives u the necessary emotion to carryout in the movie. Christian Bale is better than the last, looked to me on par with that of Batman begins as Bruce Wayne. Joseph Gordon Levitt is pretty good. He is the most optimistic character of the movie. Action scenes r stunning especially the football stadium one. The ending is brilliant though i dont think even now Batman really lives. I think Chris hasnt made it clear he lives or not. The ending doesnt give clear answer. Its just the indication that Christopher Nolan n Christian Bale will be no more in Batman franchise.
    If u dont love this movie, then dont go to theatre to see movie again. IT just ask u for ur little patience(maybe more), focus n attention and as i said the reward will be truimph victory for you.
    A piece of advice- i found staying at the front seat as possible than at the back more enjoyable in the theatre as it enriched my viewing experience n i also had more focus/ attention and hence it didnt felt boring at all the 2nd time i watched it like the 1st time. I also have heard from some of my freinds that if u watch it more, the more u will love it. Its like a feast that u cant eat n digest at once. U will need repeated visits to fully absorb and enjoy all the stuffs in the movie when everything makes perfect sense.
  50. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark knight Rises is too long for no reason (almost 3 hours long) There are some scenes where you feel the movie dragging on. It looks like the entire Gotham City was shot in the same 2 blocks of New York City... if it was shot in NYC at all. Plus Batman has become too soft. Wait for the DVD version... you won't be missing anything.
  51. Jul 25, 2012
    I liked this movie. But the problem is I really wanted to LOVE this movie. There were just so many small plot holes and inconsistencies throughout the film that kept creeping in and jarring me out of the experience as well as several secondary characters that really served no purpose at all. I would list them out but I won't to avoid spoilers. All in all, this felt kind of sloppy for aI liked this movie. But the problem is I really wanted to LOVE this movie. There were just so many small plot holes and inconsistencies throughout the film that kept creeping in and jarring me out of the experience as well as several secondary characters that really served no purpose at all. I would list them out but I won't to avoid spoilers. All in all, this felt kind of sloppy for a Christopher Nolan movie. Expand
  52. Jul 25, 2012
    Simply stunning- Filled with everything from fast pace car chases to hand-to hand combat to mind blowing evil, the twist will make you totally rethink the movie. This is a must see (Several times) and I will b the first in line to buy it when it comes out on DVD 10/10 all the way
  53. Jul 25, 2012
    To say this film goes in new, unexpected directions would be an understatement. Christopher Nolan does here what many thought would be impossible-follow up a movie to the Dark Knight. Personally, nothing can top that film. But what I didn't expect was for a movie to reach that status. TDKR brings an end to a fantastic trilogy that offers something new in each movie. The new villain in BaneTo say this film goes in new, unexpected directions would be an understatement. Christopher Nolan does here what many thought would be impossible-follow up a movie to the Dark Knight. Personally, nothing can top that film. But what I didn't expect was for a movie to reach that status. TDKR brings an end to a fantastic trilogy that offers something new in each movie. The new villain in Bane is a new, yet similar villain. He tests Batman mentally and physically and begs the question to whether Bruce Wayne has it left in him to be Batman. The acting is great as each actor assumes their role to the fullest. Anne Hathaway is sexy and cunning. Her femme fatale persona is something that the gentlemen in the audience will surely enjoy.Tom Hardy's Bane is powerful and menacing. Although his voice can get muddled from time to time, his facial expressions and eyes tell the whole story. And lastly, we have Bale. Never before has a superhero seemed more "hero" than "super", if that made any sense. Bale takes Batman to new levels as emotions and feeling pour out of every scene. The remaining cast add to the fine performances, especially Micheal Caine. Its really his second to last scene that you understand the magnitude of this movie. The soundtrack is great, as Hans Zimmer continues to amaze and capture the emotion of the actors and script through incredible sounds and tracks. Bane's music alone makes him seem like a monster. I was scared when I heard about this final movie. I thought there was no way that TDK could be topped, or even reached. But this is the best end for this trilogy as a fan and as a lover of movies. For those who watched, you will understand that this trilogy ends, but still lives on in the audience. Batman becomes more than a superhero and this movie as the constant ideal that he is more than a man in a suit, that he is indeed a symbol comes to life. As much as I want to see more, I understand that the credibility and uniqueness of this trilogy should not be damaged. Long Live The Dark Knight. Expand
  54. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrific gratifying tale about the Dark knight. Perfect way to close out a trilogy. I love the effin movies. saw it 3 times in the first 4 days it was out. Maybe it's cause I'm a Bat fanboy, no it's an amazing film. Hathaway is sexy as catwoman,but it's a whole different role and character from Michelle Pfeiffer in 1992. Wayne has to learn to be batman again after eight years, some Rocky moments(Alfred saying he can't beat bane in a fight & throwing a rock at the TV in the bottom of the pit reminded me of Rocky tearing up the picture of Drago in Rock IV,and the statue),but its all good. Hardy is physically menacing and kicks the snot out of batman, great story telling. You get emotionally into this movie,and that's what makes it so sweet. One minor grump of mine is when the bad guys leave the stock exchange those barricades make perfect ramps,while it's day, and then it's night by the end of the chase.Oldman and Caine play Alfred and Gordon perfectly,how else would they do it? Gordon Levett is great and I believe he will protect the city since Wayne goes off into the sunset. The league of Shadows connection show how he has come full circle,and how Wayne does Rise to protect Gotham at all cost. Expand
  55. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises has flaws, and it doesn't live up to the excitement of its predecessor. Yet, it has breathtaking action, dazzling visual effects, and is as emotionally powerful as the finale of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. It features incredible performances from Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotilliard, Michael Kane, and Tom Hardy who makes for a terrifying villain.The Dark Knight Rises has flaws, and it doesn't live up to the excitement of its predecessor. Yet, it has breathtaking action, dazzling visual effects, and is as emotionally powerful as the finale of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. It features incredible performances from Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotilliard, Michael Kane, and Tom Hardy who makes for a terrifying villain. With an amazing original score from Hans Zimmer and breathtaking,thrilling action; this makes for a satisfying and beautiful conclusion to one of the greatest trilogies ever put to film. I give this movie 98%. Expand
  56. Jul 25, 2012
    The best superhero movie ever. The hands down best movie of the year... 10/10. Bane is an awesome villain, the ending is the best I've ever seen, and this is hands down the best superhero movie ever.
  57. Jul 25, 2012
    Best movie of the year and one of the best movies of all time. the action scenes are breathtaking and will leave you on the edge of your seat. the plot starts slowly but picks up steam halfway through. the last 20 minutes of this movie is one of the best cinematic experiences of all time. see this movie
  58. Jul 25, 2012
    Best **** movie ever! OH MY GOD I WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN SOOOOOOOOO **** BADLY! BANE'S VOICE WAS AMAZING AND BATMAN IS SO **** BADASS! This makes me want to go and buy ARKHAM CITY RIGHT NOW ****
  59. Jul 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was the film I have waited for months for and I then even had to wait until orange Wednesday because I Expand
  60. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises has everything. The dark, serious tone used throughout the trilogy, amazing acting performances, a great plot that supports its nearly 3 hour run-time, and enough explosions and awesome fight scenes to satisfy action junkies. It ends Christopher Nolan's perfect superhero trilogy, in a perfect and memorable way.
  61. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was awesome, i havent been that impressed with a movie since Inception! The performances were great, cool special effects, and an interesting and satisfying story. Ive seen it twice in the Imax and it was definity worth it.
  62. Jul 25, 2012
    TDKR is the greatest movie for a Comic. Avenger et Spider man looks like movie for kids, and it is. I remove 1pt because the sound in the theater was to low, and it was difficult to appreciate the music of Hans Zimmer
  63. Jul 25, 2012
    Such a grandiose movie! It ends perfectly this trilogy.The plot is very strong. Christian Bale performance is WAAAY better than the previous two movies. Even though the theme has a lesser signification than in the Dark Knight, it is more greatly present in the movie. There are only two problems in the Dark Knight Rises:

1) This is not a 2h40 minutes movie! They could easily add an hour

1) This is not a 2h40 minutes movie! They could easily add an hour and make it way better. This movie is too big and has too much content for its length. So I hope Christopher Nolan will release a director's cut or an extended edition with what they had to remove for the theaters.

2)Bane's voice! If they don't (easily) dub it for the DVD, I'm gonna have to put on the subtitles to understand completely. But anyway, those two problems can be very easily solved!

I loved this movie so much, it brings a whole new dimension to the rest of the trilogy, so thumbs up to Nolan, again!
  64. Jul 25, 2012
    Anyone who hates this movie just because joker isn't the bad guy is a jackass.As much as i love Heath Ledger as Joker I really didn't miss him in this movie.This movie was supposed to be end to the greatest trilogy of the 21st Century and it surpasses everyone's expectations.And for people wondering that is this movie better than the dark knight?That depends on how you watch it.For me itAnyone who hates this movie just because joker isn't the bad guy is a jackass.As much as i love Heath Ledger as Joker I really didn't miss him in this movie.This movie was supposed to be end to the greatest trilogy of the 21st Century and it surpasses everyone's expectations.And for people wondering that is this movie better than the dark knight?That depends on how you watch it.For me it was as it wrapped up the story brilliantly.Go watch this movie and have one of the greatest times of your life.BTW Joseph Gordon Levitt's performance was **** awesome. Expand
  65. Jul 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight, in my own opinion, is the best movie ever made. Needless to say, Rises had a seemingly insurmountable legacy to live up to. I never expected Rises to top The Dark Knight, which is good, because it doesn't. This is a terrific film, but it fails to deliver on the level of either of its predecessors, my main qualms are with the dialogue and the casting of some of the newThe Dark Knight, in my own opinion, is the best movie ever made. Needless to say, Rises had a seemingly insurmountable legacy to live up to. I never expected Rises to top The Dark Knight, which is good, because it doesn't. This is a terrific film, but it fails to deliver on the level of either of its predecessors, my main qualms are with the dialogue and the casting of some of the new characters. Prime example, Matthew Modine as Deputy Commissioner Peter Foley, this guy just...fails, and it's not just him being a **** actor, it's the fact that his character was so pointless, so unnecessary to the story, and above all, a colossal dumbass (calling off the chase of Bane and co. to chase Batman), one of the many things I loved about Begins and Knight was that none of the cops were stupid to the point where they actually hindered the superhero, something I deplored in the Spiderman films, top that off with just one of Foley's ridiculous lines: "Then he's as dumb as he dresses" and he loses all credibility, to the point where his death brought about nothing but a "Thank God" from me. Moving on from that, the movie is too long, normally that's no issue for me, but this film is (sorry) comparable to the two Transformers sequels in that its length is not justified by its content, there's just so much unnecessary **** that that would've made it about at least a half hour shorter. The Dark Knight was a long movie, but not one second of that movie was wasted, which makes it ok. Bane's voice is too high pitched and seems much less menacing then it was in the first trailer (probably thanks to all the dipsh!ts who complained that they couldn't understand him...um? ARE YOU **** DEAF?) The overall story functions, but failed to draw me in to the extent of Begins or Knight, and...to be honest, Batman is a little silly. He appears twice during the first act of the film, and both times he pulls it off well (the fight between Bane and Batman at this act's pinnacle was rather good). He makes not one appearance in the second act because Bruce Wayne is busy having a psychological experience in a hole somewhere.The finally, on comes the third act, and Batman returns, in bright daylight, and despite the fact that every main character seems to know his identity by now, he still speaks with the HAZAFADABADANEEER voice, then comes the dialogue between Bane and Batman as they begin their rematch: Bane: Ah, I see you've come back to die with your city-Batman: No, I came back to stop you. O_o -_- >:( ARE YOU **** KIDDING ME? *Mock applause" Bravo, Bravo. I know i've spent this entire time mentioning one flaw after another, but that's just because the film is so good that I felt the need to point out what flaws it did have. The conclusion is f*cking fantastic, the returning cast excels in their roles and the majority of the new blood (Tom Hardy, Joseph G-L, Marion Cotillard & Anne Hathaway in particular) bring true life to their characters. Overall, the worst of Nolan's trilogy, but still one of the best films ever made. Expand
  66. Jul 25, 2012
    An epic film that, for me, did not feel overly long dispute the sizeable 165 minute running time. Performances were string by everybody and I would like to single out Anne Hathaway for being utterly convincing and charming throughout. I have given the film 9 because I never hand out 10's. The problems with this film a purely superficial and if you get annoyed by them then you reallyAn epic film that, for me, did not feel overly long dispute the sizeable 165 minute running time. Performances were string by everybody and I would like to single out Anne Hathaway for being utterly convincing and charming throughout. I have given the film 9 because I never hand out 10's. The problems with this film a purely superficial and if you get annoyed by them then you really shouldn't be watching a film like this anyway. Expand
  67. Jul 25, 2012
    A great end to a great trilogy. Tom Hardy is fantastic as Bane, and Christian Bale gives his best performance yet, as does Michael Caine as Alfred. Though it takes a while to get off and running, and comes close (at times) to getting weighed down by the numerous new characters, the final 45 minutes of the movie are phenomenal; the highest point in the trilogy.
  68. Jul 24, 2012
    Yes, it is not as good as The Dark Knight, but it is a worthy addition to the series. Pacing is a touch slow in parts, some may feel a little too predictable, and the ending was a stretch, but it is Batman after all. If you are a movie snob, then this movie will be average. If you enjoy a popcorn flick, this movie will be really good. If you love the previous two movies in the series, thisYes, it is not as good as The Dark Knight, but it is a worthy addition to the series. Pacing is a touch slow in parts, some may feel a little too predictable, and the ending was a stretch, but it is Batman after all. If you are a movie snob, then this movie will be average. If you enjoy a popcorn flick, this movie will be really good. If you love the previous two movies in the series, this is a must see. Expand
  69. Jul 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I went into The Dark Knight Rises expecting that it would not be able to rival The Dark Knight, but hoping to be pleasantly surprised. And right off the bat (sorry for the pun) you get thrown into the movie full speed with Bane in an amazing "heist scene" that legitimately exceeds our introduction to Joker in Dark Knight. So far so good. As the story develops, certain things are thrown out of left field and never really get explained. Such as the knee brace that just magically appears out of nowhere. Some scenes that should have been given more time to develop weren't, but overall it didn't detract much from the movie in my opinion. As the story unfolds during the first hour, the character development of Bane was a fantastic build-up as he continued to draw me in as I yearned to find out who he was and what his motives were, and of course there was great anticipation of an epic final showdown between Batman and Bane. The writing in regards to Bane during the first hour of the film was brilliant. I couldn't have imagined that halfway through the film, I would honestly find myself thinking that Bane's character development not only was at least as good as Joker's, but possibly even better. I was absolutely hooked. After the epic build-up of the first half of the movie, I anticipated the second half of the film to wow me with what was building up to be possibly one of the most epic showdowns in recent memory. Then the first letdown, the "Flintstone's Prison" scenes were not only convoluted, but seemed like they were there for no reason other than to stretch out the running time. While I experienced a letdown during that point in the film, my excitement for what was sure to be a monumental ending overruled my increasing disappointment and at one point I found myself leaning in towards the IMAX screen as though if I actually sat on the edge of my seat that it would somehow get the movie back on track. I was wrong. Enter the cop versus mob showdown and probably the most anti-climactic scenes I can recall in a movie that had been building so feverishly toward what was set up to be a truly epic climax, but instead we get a plot twist with an assumingly innocent woman revealing herself to be the true mastermind behind a deviant plan to bring the people of Gotham to its-blah blah blah. This twist has been done before. It was called "The World Is Not Enough" and I remember it as being a very poorly constructed Bond movie with a very lame plot twist. Ok so Miranda is the bad guy and if you're a true comic buff, you already knew she was. That doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that Nolan decided to use the nearly identical plot twist structure from a Bond movie that was very much less than memorable as the vessel to reveal Miranda to the audience. Nearly unforgiveable, however nothing in this movie could be more unforgiveable than watching Selina ride in through the door on the bat bike and press a button, ending Bane's reign as one of the most memorable villains in movie history. A girl on a bike pressed a button and did what the Dark Knight couldn't do through an already two hour movie. She saved Gotham from the villainy of Bane. Unbelievable. No epic final showdown with Bane. No chance of Batman breaking his golden rule in order to beat the name of the trigger man out of Bane's dying mouth/mask. No chance of Batman being saved by Robin, excuse me Blake, at the last second. No final reveal of the inner workings of Bane's mask/prop by ripping it off of Bane's face to show the audience the true origin of Bane's pain and suffering and possibly his motives for turning Gotham into an occupied prison. No climax at all, just a used up plot twist and a girl on a bike pushing one little button. That was all it took to bring down one of the most ultimate bad guys of cinema, one press of a button. What a waste. What a waste of the entire first half of the movie building up the depth and character portrayal of Bane. What a waste of my anticipation for a truly climactic scene. What a waste of my time... After that I was so frustrated with the movie, that I had been ready to give a perfect 10 to no less, that for an instant I pondered actually getting up and walking out of the theater. I didn't, of course, but only because I had already sat through over two hours of the movie. Might as well see how it ended, which was very close to being brilliant... but that is honestly a whole different complaint. Suffice to say, by the end of the movie I had withdrawn my emotional interest in the outcome entirely. A girl on a bike ruined what could have been the greatest comic book film adaption of all time. And one little button. Expand
  70. Jul 24, 2012
    The dark knight rises is a near perfect movie. Yes I do miss the Joker, but while seeing the movie, I realized that it didn't need it in this story. Bane might not be the biggest and most impressive villain, but the story is one hell of a story. Fans of Batman will surely see all the secrets that are hidden within the movie. I'm not going to spoil anything because I believe you shouldThe dark knight rises is a near perfect movie. Yes I do miss the Joker, but while seeing the movie, I realized that it didn't need it in this story. Bane might not be the biggest and most impressive villain, but the story is one hell of a story. Fans of Batman will surely see all the secrets that are hidden within the movie. I'm not going to spoil anything because I believe you should watch and judge by yourself. I have a few complaints with bane's voice. I couldn't understand everything he said. It's better now than when the original 10 minutes screening was shown in december, but still. Nolan did an incredible job. Yes some things will displease some people, but that's the way with the most anticipated movies: You can't please everyone. there will always be people who love it and others who won't. I think most will really love it and some who'll really hate, but not that much in between. I was one of those who really loved that movie I'll leave it to you to you to judge, but it's a movie you should definitely go and see. well? what are you waiting for? GO! Expand
  71. Jul 24, 2012
    This movie has some really good scenes, some solid characters, and some interesting bits of plot. But in the end, it disappoints for many reasons. I'm going to mention the following problems in passing before reaching the main reason this movie disappointed me: too much of it was spent building up a potential sequel, it had a lot of cliches and other bad writing, it had too much physicalThis movie has some really good scenes, some solid characters, and some interesting bits of plot. But in the end, it disappoints for many reasons. I'm going to mention the following problems in passing before reaching the main reason this movie disappointed me: too much of it was spent building up a potential sequel, it had a lot of cliches and other bad writing, it had too much physical conflict (not enough emotional conflict), and the main villains had no motivation for the things they did. But none of those things bothered me as much as what follows. A very grand stage was set with The Dark Knight and Batman Begins. I never expected this movie to surpass the greatness of The Dark Knight, but when I found myself liking it less than Batman Begins, I was surprised. The first two movies weave an incredible tale about the people of Gotham. In the first movie, Batman fights Ra's al Ghul to prevent Gotham from being destroyed, because Batman believes that there are people in the city worth saving. The second movie carries this theme even more: the whole movie is ultimately about the people of Gotham proving their worth by resisting the Joker, about the people proving that they deserve Batman as a hero (even if he isn't the hero they need). The third movie carries this torch no further. In fact, it throws it on the ground and stamps it out. I left the movie feeling like Batman was the hero Gotham needed, but not the one they deserved. The Joker won. Expand
  72. Jul 24, 2012
    TDKR is not as great as some people think it is. Nontheless it wasnt bad, but still not great .. or epic for that matter. We get a whole lot of Bruce Wayne, but not much of actual Batman. Also I wasnt very impressed about the fight scenes where Batman takes on the main villian. It just felt like a "bar brawl". Plot was very predictable, with plot holes and occasionally unconvincing acting.
  73. Jul 24, 2012
    I think the thing that surprises most people is how much soul this movie had - especially for a super hero movie. I thought the acting was top notch, the story was good and of course Nolan delivered. Big kudos for not cheesing the film up (a few scenes float the fine line of fromage). If you have the chance, see it in IMAX. I did and it was totally worth it. Only knock against theI think the thing that surprises most people is how much soul this movie had - especially for a super hero movie. I thought the acting was top notch, the story was good and of course Nolan delivered. Big kudos for not cheesing the film up (a few scenes float the fine line of fromage). If you have the chance, see it in IMAX. I did and it was totally worth it. Only knock against the movie was it didnt explain why Bane had the mask..... Expand
  74. Jul 24, 2012
    This movie is very average. The plot doesn't make logical sense, the movie lacks appearances from its star cast, and fight scenes are nothing more than 2 brutes swinging as hard as they can. The movie is rather a test to see how much fans love Christopher Nolan. It seems in their eyes he can do no wrong. He is the real world white knight and we will adore and overrate this film justThis movie is very average. The plot doesn't make logical sense, the movie lacks appearances from its star cast, and fight scenes are nothing more than 2 brutes swinging as hard as they can. The movie is rather a test to see how much fans love Christopher Nolan. It seems in their eyes he can do no wrong. He is the real world white knight and we will adore and overrate this film just because he made it no matter how many plot holes and liberties he took with this film. Expand
  75. Jul 24, 2012
    Wow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's KyleWow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's Kyle are nearly perfect in Nolan's Gotham, with the former posing an intimidating, true rival to Bruce Wayne, and the latter a The breakout star though is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, not gonna say much there but you'll see. The film does take some time "to get in the swing of things", but the setup ultimately enhances the stunning climax of the film and possibly the entire series. Truly an entertaining, edge-of-your-seat, deeply layered, action-packed, emotional thrill-ride that cements Batman's legacy as well of all involved. I recommend repeat viewings so that you can fill in some of those "plot-holes" people keep mentioning IMAX if you can, definitely worth it. Those last few minutes - I don't think I've ever seen a better ending to a film, hyperbole and all. Expand
  76. Jul 24, 2012
    I had a much longer review, but metacritic wouldn't let me post it so I'll sum it up.

It has its moments, and the first half is better than the second half, but it is a mess and may very well be the weakest of the Trilogy.
  77. Jul 24, 2012
    A masterful conclusion to an amazing saga. By far it solidifies itself and the trilogy as one of the greatest Batman narratives. It's poignant, suspenseful, and scary. Bane is an amazing villain and Catwoman a compelling fem fatal. I could have used more Batman gadgetry and action, but the story is so thematically coherent and rich, that it was merely a realization at the end that I wantedA masterful conclusion to an amazing saga. By far it solidifies itself and the trilogy as one of the greatest Batman narratives. It's poignant, suspenseful, and scary. Bane is an amazing villain and Catwoman a compelling fem fatal. I could have used more Batman gadgetry and action, but the story is so thematically coherent and rich, that it was merely a realization at the end that I wanted not just more action, but more Batman. The acting is superb. Soundtrack perfect in the moment. And the conclusion... everything a Batman fan could want. Expand
  78. Jul 24, 2012
    I must say that I went into this movie with average expectations. But after 2 hours and 45 minutes of epicness was smeared into my head, I thought "you know what, this movie was almost as good as The Dark Knight." The only problem I had with this movie was Tom Hardy's character Bane because it was a little hard to understand him at times, but in some ways, it works for the character. TheI must say that I went into this movie with average expectations. But after 2 hours and 45 minutes of epicness was smeared into my head, I thought "you know what, this movie was almost as good as The Dark Knight." The only problem I had with this movie was Tom Hardy's character Bane because it was a little hard to understand him at times, but in some ways, it works for the character. The rest of the cast had solid performances, especially Anne Hathaway. And she was the reason why I didn't have very high expectations coming into this, but I was dead wrong. She kicked complete ass in this movie. Plot was good, editing, special effects, fight scenes, etc. It was all good. You will not be disappointed, especially if you're a Batman fan. Expand
  79. Jul 24, 2012
    Everything about this film is spectacular! Christopher Nolan is pure genius when it comes to film making. The casting was brilliant as well. I hope the shooting in Colorado doesn't cause people not to go because of how excellent this movie is.
  80. Jul 24, 2012
    The whole film was a letdown not only as a batman trio. but also as a nolan's film. No hard work was done in every department except the sound. The dialogues were so dumb unlike inception, memento, tdk. Twists in the film were forcefully injected into it & it all felt hopeless. One scene when the bane's past is revealed was a twist & really was the dumbest twist of all times. It was a mainThe whole film was a letdown not only as a batman trio. but also as a nolan's film. No hard work was done in every department except the sound. The dialogues were so dumb unlike inception, memento, tdk. Twists in the film were forcefully injected into it & it all felt hopeless. One scene when the bane's past is revealed was a twist & really was the dumbest twist of all times. It was a main but cheap twist & made bane look like a weak character & completely made the movie to downfall. Before this scene the movie was better than tdk, only one scene changed the fate of this movie. The film looked like even, nolan didn't also wanna make it. He should do what he wants & not not the money thirsty producers (WB) Expand
  81. Jul 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This was not a good Batman movie, especially trying to stand next to Begins or Dark Knight. There's a lot for me to dislike, but I'll try to hit the key points only. The pacing is rotten; actors speak without pausing between lines like they're reading from a script as quickly as possible, and plot points whiz by faster than you can appreciate most of the time as more and more is crammed into the already beefy two and a half hours. If things are slowed down to the point of understanding, you realize that the plot makes no sense. Bane (though not really Bane as it turns out) wants to blow up the city because...well, you find out eventually its because Ra's Al Ghul wanted to, but Bane himself (or his benefactor) really has no motivation aside from being a bad guy. Worse still, Bane and company seem to be suicide agents for some reason, planning on going up in smoke along with the rest of the city when the bomb goes off. The entire plot seems to be dedicated to showing Bane rip the city apart and having character shout Occupy Wall Street lines, all the while showing us how bad Socialism actually is. "Now its everyone's house!" Anyway, I think most of the problems stem from those key points: bad pacing, bad plot, confused social message. The actors are great (if rushed), and the segments with Anne Hathaway felt like an entirely different (better) movie. She plays a great Catwoman, and I wish I could have seen her doing so in a better Batman movie. The Batman vs Bane sewer fight is also excellent, and could be transplanted entirely to a better movie as well (the epilogue isn't too bad either, so you can leave on a comparatively high note). Everything else though, from silly plane kidnapping intro to nuclear race against time climax, is rushed and gaudy. One last funny thing I noticed: The Joker is never mentioned, even in passing or in regards to Dent. Dent is talked about; Scarecrow is cameoed; Ra's Al Ghul and the League of Shadows come up; never the Joker though, and he's technically alive in the Nolan-verse. Why? Personally, because I think Nolan and company recognized they weren't living up to the Dark Knight's quality, and they were trying to desperately avoid reminding the audience of that better movie. Don't say his name, and maybe everyone will forget. I'm not really sure, but if it was their way of dodging the challenge of living up to that movie, they failed miserably. Expand
  82. Jul 24, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is definetly a fun movie to watch especially if you're into superheros for like The Dark Knight, it brings a different sense of what being a superhero really is to the table. Yes it is a good movie with some interesting fight scenes and chase scenes as well as many new twists and tales however I dont think that Nolan did as well as this movie as he did with The DarkThe Dark Knight Rises is definetly a fun movie to watch especially if you're into superheros for like The Dark Knight, it brings a different sense of what being a superhero really is to the table. Yes it is a good movie with some interesting fight scenes and chase scenes as well as many new twists and tales however I dont think that Nolan did as well as this movie as he did with The Dark Knight. For one thin there were a bit too many characters as well as too many parts of the story that were either not needed or were not understood. I do like however how Nolan tried to add more Bruce Wayne to the movie rather then Batman, and even though many did not like this, it made me really appreciate Batman himself when he was on screen rather then liking the villains more (which I did in The Dark Knight). Admittedly Bane is a badass and Catwomen kept all the mens attention to the screen (especially when she did them fancy tricks with her tight suit). I also like how Nolan introduced Robin to the movie, as well as add his little twist regarding Talia at the end. Overall this is definetly a fun movie however, dont get your hopes too high for it is sadly not as good as The Dark Knight. Expand
  83. Jul 24, 2012
    Christopher Nolan directs the third of his Batman Trilogy reuniting the series regulars and introducing others that worked with him on Inception. Nolan
  84. Jul 24, 2012
    Great stuff. I certainly couldn't think of a better way to finish a trilogy, which is a very hard thing to do. Epic story, good acting and production. Something as big as this can't help but attract negativity, but please be assured that it is a great effort. And remember, this is modern myth-making! These stories are our morality plays, our tales of gods and monsters. Please don't look atGreat stuff. I certainly couldn't think of a better way to finish a trilogy, which is a very hard thing to do. Epic story, good acting and production. Something as big as this can't help but attract negativity, but please be assured that it is a great effort. And remember, this is modern myth-making! These stories are our morality plays, our tales of gods and monsters. Please don't look at it as just a crime thriller or you will find implausibility! And Anne Hathaway. If I had any, I'd change my religious beliefs Expand
  85. Jul 24, 2012
    This film is superb, all by itself. However, it pales in comparison to The Dark Knight. Nearly all performances are what they should be, but Tom Hardy unfortunately fails to satisfy the high expectations of Bane, all with that uncharacteristic over-the-top accent. Bane is indeed devastating, and never before have we seen a superhero beaten to a pulp, slammed to the ground, and kept thereThis film is superb, all by itself. However, it pales in comparison to The Dark Knight. Nearly all performances are what they should be, but Tom Hardy unfortunately fails to satisfy the high expectations of Bane, all with that uncharacteristic over-the-top accent. Bane is indeed devastating, and never before have we seen a superhero beaten to a pulp, slammed to the ground, and kept there for such a long time. Bale continues to shine as Batman, and Michael Cain's Alfred is so heartbreakingly perfect. Yes, the film itself is awesome, but how can you not compare this one to the haunting echoes of it's predecessor? The Dark Knight was about an idea. The Dark Knight Rises is more about devastation, and that is accomplished here. Expand
  86. Jul 24, 2012
    A "BATMAN" movie is always eagerly anticipated and when it follows a worldwide blockbuster like "The Dark Knight" and a heath Ledger portrayal of Joker which re-defined the psycho villains in Hollywood and worldwide, then an enormous expectation from the third part of BATMAN franchise is nothing but an understatement.
    Christopher Nolan comes back with his dark shade of batman which kept
    Christopher Nolan comes back with his dark shade of batman which kept us hooked to the screen twice before in recent past.
    Nolan's batman was more real and appealing to everyone as it wasn't bound just as a kid movie but much much more than that.
    Now who have followed the trailer already know this is the last part of the franchise and with words "This is where it all ends" and "An epic conclusion" just adds to the fuel.
    So now mother of all questions: Does "The Dark Knight Rises" fulfill all the expectation?? Is it the at the same level as the "The Dark Knight"?? Does Nolan get it Right the third time?? Can
  87. Jul 24, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best of this year so far, breathtaking great script,acting and story is better then in dark knight in my opinion. The ending just awesome,this is the last film of trilogy,so your imagination will complete the story after ending. That would be great if Nolan filmed spinoff for how Blake become Nightwing or spinoff with catwoman. Expand
  88. Jul 24, 2012
    I genuinely don't know where to start in describing how much of a let down this film was for me and my partner.

The film was badly written, poorly delivered, bizarrely directed and disjointedly edited. The whole feel of the film is of a three part-er hacked down into a muddled trailer because of intellectually property issues or breached artiste/acting contracts. The film draws

The film draws upon the phenomenally successful "Knight Fall" comic trilogy but then dumps all of its good points in favor of a PC "let's make sure we've covered all of the minority groups in the casting even if we need to jettison the key points"

Bane sounds like an infant shouting through a kazoo, Hathaway manages to make wearing a cat suit look awkward to the point of puritanical, Gary Oldman looks like he's auditioning to replace David Jason as Frost, and Batman does nothing but whine.

Michael Caine struggles with difficult dialogue but nevertheless has us rummaging through girlfriends handbags for tissues as Batman declines into obscurity and Gordon-Levitt has us screaming at the screen to ditch the whine-y old fart and (as Michael Caine in his Harry Palmer days might have said) "get in the bladdy suit!"

This is a film aching to be remade and remade better, which is a shame because everything was already available to Nolan to get it right the first time.
  89. Jul 24, 2012
    The only legitimate critique is that The Dark Knight set the bar so high that this 3rd movie may have missed it ever so slightly. The film is a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy; Bane embodies terror in many forms, and brings Batman to his lowest of lows before the hero rises up and claws his way back. Tom Hardy's performance is as memorable as Heath Ledger's in The Dark Knight. AnneThe only legitimate critique is that The Dark Knight set the bar so high that this 3rd movie may have missed it ever so slightly. The film is a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy; Bane embodies terror in many forms, and brings Batman to his lowest of lows before the hero rises up and claws his way back. Tom Hardy's performance is as memorable as Heath Ledger's in The Dark Knight. Anne Hathaway does a decent job playing the coy, seductive Catwoman. The film is a three hour ensemble of drama, and stuffed with action 'til the end. Expand
  90. Jul 24, 2012
    Easily a film that lived up to the hype. Well acted and written, I was completely caught up in the world that was created. Except for a couple of flaws, it was a near perfect moviegoing experience. Loved the new Catwoman. Really enjoyed all the different interactions between the characters. The finale was very appropriate. Overall, the film really felt epic. Wish there were moreEasily a film that lived up to the hype. Well acted and written, I was completely caught up in the world that was created. Except for a couple of flaws, it was a near perfect moviegoing experience. Loved the new Catwoman. Really enjoyed all the different interactions between the characters. The finale was very appropriate. Overall, the film really felt epic. Wish there were more films like this. Expand
  91. Jul 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There is an urban legend that with trilogies, the second installment would be better than the third because they have thought of everything out in the second, and the third would be just a rehashing of ideas, if not implemeting less than stellar ones. I thought Christopher Nolan would be the one who would rise above this curse. I thought wrong.

First up, know that I had not refreshed my memory on the Batman trilogy by rewatching the first two movies beforehand. Second I was seriously not expecting an actor that would achieve the heights of the late Heath Ledger. Bless his soul, anyone who tries to replicate him would fail. Keep these two facts in mind as I review the movie.

For Pros: The movie has achieved its overall objective of completing Bruce Wayne's story arc, whilst intertwining it with the Bane/Talia plot. Whilst the plot is simplistic than TDK, the whole theme of TDKR is physical pain, not intellectual prowess. Tom Hardy portrayed an excellent performance of Bane based on the comics, a brute with the intellect that is simply not befitting the stereotypical mook. His body and eye expressions are amplifying the words he speaks. The use of autotunes on Hardy's voice is initially weird, since you get a voice not too dissimilar to Sean Connery, but is acceptable nonetheless. Too bad he is not the principal villain in this movie, or I would have given him an A. Anne Hathaway portrays Catwoman stunningly. A woman that can easily act and adapt to her situation, she is indeed Batman's match. There is something unique with her portrayal that makes he beautiful on the outside and inside without being as seductive as Michelle Pfeifer did, but still achieving the same result.

Michael Caine, despite his more brief appearances, still manages to portray an Alfred who is also a fatherlike figure of Bruce Wayne. In fact, his penultimate scene with Bruce in the manor (telling the secret of Rachel's letter), was almost tear-jerking. If only the movie had more of the emotional impact that Caine had pulled with his character, it would have bumped the score up.

Bale did try to portray a Bruce Wayne bored of his "normal" life, and a Batman that has been rusty since TDK. While great, there is actually no impact whatsoever from his performance, partially because of how the movie was structured.

TDKR is more action oriented, but not as obnoxiously loud as Avengers and Transformers. While more action does not necessarily make a bad movie, TDKR suffers from unfocused storytelling, coupled with a "take it for granted" attitude of the audience, that they already know about the previous two movies. It will not hold your hand if you feel lost at what is going on, expect to be left high and dry as I was. Sure you get flashbacks that make sense, but the actual emotion and atmosphere must be extrapolated from recent This is where the CONS start; the two parallel plots of Bruce and Bane/Talia felt as if they were at loggerheads, instead of meshing seamlessly. You feel as if the movie has no idea which direction it was going, but it still managed to reach a climax nonetheless. In between you get references to previous movies and how it affects TDKR currently (e.g Dent Act, Dent's alleged matyrdom), but because of the unfocused approach there is no Ahhhhh moment where you feel the true nature of such acts. It is just mentioned, you know about it, moving on..... With so much examples of this storytelling, any emotion or atmosphere created is just ruined.

There is also quite a bit of plot holes and applied phlebotinums (movie magic), such as Bruce's crippled state and his cure, backstory on how Wayne Enterprises fell apart, how the reactor came to be as well as how "Miranda Tate" came into the picture. All of these may seem superfluous, but given the storytelling it only makes you feel as if these elements had more to it. It was as if the 2.5 hour movie was cut from an otherwise perfect 4 hr version.

The ending was the product of this storytelling. Never mind the use of comic book deaths, or how Blake becomes the next Batman simply by reading a note and moving to the Batcave. Its the Selina and Bruce romance. I get the symbolism and what Nolan was trying to do, but the execution is p*** poor. There is no romantic tension between the two, or if there was, it was completely one-sided on Selina's side. I am not expecting sex (that was done with Talia), but from the man who made the Rachel romance great, this is a bad U-turn. A romance that was too sudden.

I want to give this movie a mixed, but it doesnt deserve it. Many fans tell me the movie was akin to Begins. If that's the case it is a bad sign; I had completely forgotten Begins and have no incentive to rewatch it like TDK. And even to die-hard Batman fans, lets face it, it is not as great as TDK even without Heath's magic working on it.
  92. Jul 23, 2012
    I have seen two great super hero movies this year; this and Chronicle. Before I saw this movie I was figuring Chronicle was going to be the best of the year. This movie blew that out of the water. It did this basically with pure scale. I have not seen any other super hero that can match this one. This film basically gets everything right. Unlike a recent super hero film The Avengers, TDKRI have seen two great super hero movies this year; this and Chronicle. Before I saw this movie I was figuring Chronicle was going to be the best of the year. This movie blew that out of the water. It did this basically with pure scale. I have not seen any other super hero that can match this one. This film basically gets everything right. Unlike a recent super hero film The Avengers, TDKR is dark. I know that not every one likes a dark film, but I'm not writing this as them. I really did feel tense in this movie. The final sequences are basically on the epic scale of Lord of the Rings. I hope that Super Man is this good. I did see the trailer for that and well it looks like a good film. Expand
  93. Jul 23, 2012
    This movie is great. It has its boring moments but for the most part, it never ever lets down. Only fools will think this movie is good, dummies will think its ok and complete morons will hate it. Rise out of your seat and go see the Dark Knight Rises, now!!!
  94. Jul 23, 2012
    This year the world has been graced by the presence of another Christopher Nolan's master piece. The years past the world been overwhelmed by the story telling and action embedded in a Nolan film, such as Inception and The Dark Knight.

In 2012 the highly anticipated movie The Dark Knight Rises did not disappoint, the action pack 2h 44min blockbuster has set the bar for the rest of the batman film which are to come but also comic book movies in general. This movie is not only the last and final chapter in Nolan's trilogy but also one of the best. The story in the 3rd installment of trilogy really recapture the first two films, this really ended the trilogy "in a full circle" as Christian Bale mentioned. The first 10min of the film really sets out how the rest of the film will play out. The intensity of the film from the very first minute and didn't let go, audiences are trapped in this state of intensity, nervousness and action but also capturing you within this unbelievable story which is layered out so delicately for you to see. The movie is so cleverly crafted that it added unbelievable depth to the story with layers of action, the large scale characters within this film became nesseary to complete this story. The whole journey of the story lead up to a point, the ending which allow audiences are to interpret the way that would like preceive it. like all Nolan batman the movie is so realistic to a point that you could really believe that it might be real, it might have happened and a brilliant man have captured this on film. This movie is seriously unbelievable. I have the pleasure and honor to see it in IMAX, the IMAX experience is like no other. The vase screen really bound u within the film. At no point of the film I found myself in need to check my phone or entertain myself while this scene pass....NO, this movie is the single greatest MASTERPIECE, I was on the edge of my seat every step of the way and that is just incredible. In movies like Iron Man, Spiderman or even Captain America I don't find myself on the edge of the seat, yes those films are funny at some point and fun to watch but they lack realism! This is a really important nature of the film industry, realism and Nolan is able to provide that in every film he makes. Nolan films never lack excitiments or explosions, it embedded good story telling, action and morals in his film and that's why he is claimed to be "The Best Story-teller of this generation!" The Dark Knight Rises surprise me every step of the way, I had no idea where I would lead me and what might happen next. I did went back to see it a the second time and still it's thrilling and exciting, it didn't lose any excitement for me I can go back and see it over and over again and it would still be an absolutely incredible film just like The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight is the best movie in the world for me I saw it 10times in cinemas(no joke) and it was exciting everytime. This movie also been about to provide that incredible Nolan feel and excitement that makes you want to go see it again. No doubt this is tied with The Dark Knight as my favourite films of all time.

I high recommend this movie for all ages. If you are a batman fan, you have to go see it, if you are a Nolan fan definitely go see it, if you are 7 and want to see a movie go see it, if you are looking to see a movie on a romantic date go see this film, if you are bored and want to see a masterpiece go see this movie. There is no flaw that I can pick from this movie, I looked for it but none what so ever. Plus final note, reviews by Chicago Reader and New York Observer are simply untrue may of the stuff they wrote I found to be untrue and not related to the film at all.

So what are you waiting for go see the greatest film of all time!! THE DARK KNIGHT RISES
  95. Jul 23, 2012
    Its these kinds of movies that make me happy for forcing my friends to spend 20$+ to come to watch a movie. I literally almost cried at how great some of the scenes were you can call me a fan boy but can you really blame me. I mean sure the citizens of Gotham rising so readily to bane and fighting for him, and Bane isnt really as good a villian as the joker but the full scale attack onIts these kinds of movies that make me happy for forcing my friends to spend 20$+ to come to watch a movie. I literally almost cried at how great some of the scenes were you can call me a fan boy but can you really blame me. I mean sure the citizens of Gotham rising so readily to bane and fighting for him, and Bane isnt really as good a villian as the joker but the full scale attack on gotham is really an awe to see. Not quite as good as the the dark knight but it makes a good case. Expand
  96. Jul 23, 2012
    This should be added to the list of over hyped movies that sucked. It was not about batman, the movie was about cat woman and robin and a whole lot of useless characters. What a waste of time. Batman had 2 fist fights in the movie, that's all the action you get. He either runs away scared or gets his ass kicked. Watched batman begins and TDK and was really excited to watch this movie. ButThis should be added to the list of over hyped movies that sucked. It was not about batman, the movie was about cat woman and robin and a whole lot of useless characters. What a waste of time. Batman had 2 fist fights in the movie, that's all the action you get. He either runs away scared or gets his ass kicked. Watched batman begins and TDK and was really excited to watch this movie. But the movie just sucked..on par with Prometheus! I did not pay money to watch a sissy batman movie with no action. Period. Expand
  97. Jul 23, 2012
    Astounding! A movie that will have you experience every emotion that you can imagine, from fear to hate to sadness. A fitting end to the greatest trilogy ever made.
  98. Jul 23, 2012
    well the latest batman film from Christopher Nolan is a fantastic experience for batman fans, comic book fans and anyone who into seeing **** explode. the movie has some great moments and great action scenes ( i won't go into detail on these events, due to spoilers) and the ending sure is a reason to see the movie and it wraps up the trilogy perfectly.
  99. Jul 23, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the best movie ever, their is always thing you shall thing twice about and under the whole movie i was entertained, the movie had so many plot twist that ist keep the movie injoignable the whole time, watch the movie if you... oh what is it im saying just watch it because it is a amazing film and you will not regret it :D

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.