6.1

1. Kelly
    Jun 1, 2004
    I found this movie to be quite entertaining. The effects were spectacular, however, the story was a tad on the cheesy side. All in all though, I still enjoyed this film.
  2. HarryM.
    May 26, 2004
    It's interesting and the effects are incredible. It leaves you expecting one of the biggest movie climaxes you'll ever see, but sadly it ends with a whimper not a bang.
  3. May 20, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie- it's like 2012, but if it had better characters and more tragedy. And I like that the disaster was due to climate change rather than natural disaster, at least to convey the message of,"STOP F***ING UP THE EARTH!"

And the theme song and effects were really awesome
  4. Nei
    May 3, 2010
    I don't care what the others say, but this movie is good.
  5. Dec 29, 2011
    This is the best film about climate change! The effects are amazing. Is my favorite film after Titanic, there are many scenes of action. If you liked movies disaster this is your movie.
  6. May 17, 2014
    This movie is a visual masterpiece, it has created a cult classic and is iconic. However, this movie contains cliched flat characters, with thin plot so it is all about visuals and some tension. Is this movie worth watching? I was curious at first, and I know I wouldn't like it but I did it, I knew it won't be a perfect experience it isn't! It is a B popcorn film that is all aboutThis movie is a visual masterpiece, it has created a cult classic and is iconic. However, this movie contains cliched flat characters, with thin plot so it is all about visuals and some tension. Is this movie worth watching? I was curious at first, and I know I wouldn't like it but I did it, I knew it won't be a perfect experience it isn't! It is a B popcorn film that is all about visuals, with some tension and heartwarming moments. Expand
  7. May 23, 2014
    This is the best disaster movie ever. It's got apocalyptic atmosphere, flawless effects and a beautiful soundtrack. But more importantly, it has people running away from the cold! They literally run away from cold weather that's chasing them down corridors like Michael Myers! Isn't that hilarious?
  8. BrendanC.
    May 30, 2004
    This film is very good, the first half is loaded with great special effects which stop half-way through, but this gives time for story to show, I really enjoyed this movie as should all if they aren't cynical moviegoers who will criticise everything.
  9. SamG.
    Jun 2, 2004
    By far Emmerich's best film and makes up for the embarrassment of Independence Day and Godzilla.
  10. DavidZ.
    Jun 4, 2004
    Very entertaining movie. Much better than Independence Day. If you want artsy, sad movies, watch something else.
  11. DibaR.
    May 27, 2004
    Excellent special effects, and the sound was phenomenal. A lot has been said about this film, but it does exactly what it says on the tin. Go watch it and prepare to be swept away in its splendour.
  12. BalleJ.
    May 28, 2004
    It's awesome eye candy!!!
  13. RonN.
    May 28, 2004
    Strikes all the right notes and tugs the heart strings without the smarminess of Emmerich's earlier efforts. The characters are so rich and the acting so flawless that you almost forget to pay attention the rather bland special effects. A real high-art, two-hanky tearjerker disguised as a popcorn movie. Like Ridley Scott's Blade Runner it probably will not be fully appreciated Strikes all the right notes and tugs the heart strings without the smarminess of Emmerich's earlier efforts. The characters are so rich and the acting so flawless that you almost forget to pay attention the rather bland special effects. A real high-art, two-hanky tearjerker disguised as a popcorn movie. Like Ridley Scott's Blade Runner it probably will not be fully appreciated in its time. Expand
  14. BenA.
    May 29, 2004
    I went into this movie expecting nothing more, nothing less than a big CGI fest. And thats prety much what I got. With 1 or 2 exceptions, the CGI was near perfect. The story on the other hand was rather cookie-cutter. In movies such as Jurassic Park and Dante's Peak the scientist who thinks that something bad will happen is ignored until it is too late. Also, we have to meet new I went into this movie expecting nothing more, nothing less than a big CGI fest. And thats prety much what I got. With 1 or 2 exceptions, the CGI was near perfect. The story on the other hand was rather cookie-cutter. In movies such as Jurassic Park and Dante's Peak the scientist who thinks that something bad will happen is ignored until it is too late. Also, we have to meet new characters each time a new catastrophe happens soemwhere, and they just die right away, so it is near impossible to care about these people. Like I said, I wanted nothing more than a good CGI show, and I got it, so I don't want to complain too much, but I still can't stand stupid characters. Characters do stupid things throughout this movie, and it just bugged me. SO if you want a good story, you should not go, but if you want to see some bitchin special effects, here's your movie. Expand
  15. Tad
    May 31, 2004
    This movie has been done before but its not horrible, only thing new is the CGI. Same story, new faces. Funny thing happened as I was watching this movie. I heard raining in the background after the big raining scene. I couldn't tell if it was the movie or real life. Well turns out it was real life,so I go out to look outside and find out there was a tornado warning in this area. This movie has been done before but its not horrible, only thing new is the CGI. Same story, new faces. Funny thing happened as I was watching this movie. I heard raining in the background after the big raining scene. I couldn't tell if it was the movie or real life. Well turns out it was real life,so I go out to look outside and find out there was a tornado warning in this area. When I go back into the theatre talking on my phone saying there's a tornado coming to my friends, about 15-25 people all get up and start using their phones at once and some went to look outside. If it wasn't for that this movie would get a 5(hehe) Anyway, this is a wait until it comes on ABC type of movies. Expand
  16. BruceC.
    May 30, 2004
    DAT is a mindless pop-corn muncher. Ignore the silly subplot with the father who must rescue his son and instead concentrate on the impressive special effects.
  17. BrianL.
    May 30, 2004
    It's a very good movie. I liked the special effects of the movie. I also liked it because it helps the unaware people to help the world now before it's too late.
  18. SexyBeast
    May 30, 2004
    It was very good i liked it.
  19. BitBurn
    May 30, 2004
    The first half of the movie is awesome. Very entertaining. The second half could have been a little more spicy. All said, this flick was still worth seeing on the big screen.
  20. DrakeJ.
    Jun 11, 2004
    Great movie. great actors. great popcorn.
  21. LacieS.
    Jun 7, 2004
    I loved it, the scientific side was exellent. This isn't like The Core which was good movie with bad science but instead had all of its facts in place. And the charaters were excellently played out! Oh my G! This was great!
  22. LexeH.
    Aug 10, 2004
    Awesome - great special effects and casting!
  23. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    The Day After Tomorrow had the best special effects ever! It was a very good thriller. Dennis Quaid did very smart acting. It was, in several parts, funny. I liked it when Mexico shut of the borders. Very good movie!
  24. RobM.
    Aug 9, 2004
    You must see this great movie!
  25. EnzoP.
    Jul 9, 2009
    It was a really good movie it kept me awake through the night. I agree what Steve P. said it's a B movie.
  26. GregT.
    Oct 20, 2004
    This movie has great special effects and is a fairly good "action movie". You want action, you see it. The premise of this movie may have been taken from a book written decades ago called "Not by Fire, But by Ice" in which it was suggested that we have more to worry about from ice ages than we do from heat waves and droughts under the Green House effect. Interesting premise....
  27. AbbyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    Nice, but they could have done a little bit better. I mean, it was good, but no that good. I'd give it a least one thumb up, but not two.
  28. NancyT
    Dec 22, 2004
    It is so awsome!!!!!
  29. JackB.
    May 27, 2004
    This film has everything. got straight to the point and produced the best special fx i have ever seen, i thought that armaggedon was amazing wait until you see this one. the acting in it was suberb, emmerich gets the cast perfect this time.
  30. AndrewC.
    May 28, 2004
    The Day After Tomorrow succeeds in every way a popcorn movie should. Gives you plenty of action, while having enough story and character to keep you interested.
  31. VinceH.
    May 29, 2004
    This movie is a superior Hollywood spectacle akin to "Men in Black" and "ID4" (which boasts the same director). Just fun, lightweight entertainment that will keep you busy for 2 hours. Thank god Jerry Bruckheimer didn't produce it or it probably would've been 3 hours.
  32. Bob
    Not too bad.
  33. JhonnyM.
    May 31, 2004
    Best movie EVER!
  34. EmilyD.
    Jun 1, 2004
    I liked it...it was very entertaining, even with random wolves running around, i enjoyed it overall.
  35. GemmaC.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I think it is a great film, it's really intense. i really enjoyed it.
  36. F.H.
    Jun 13, 2004
    Great.
  37. CassandraD.
    Jun 14, 2004
    I loved this move and i loved Jake Gyllenhaal he was so cute.
  38. JonD.
    Jun 24, 2004
    I saw this movie and i thought it was the best movie with special effects ever, Im most likely to buy this movie when it comes out on dvd widescreen can't wait to see it on dvd!!!
  39. MikeC.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I laughed a lot during this movie, I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard. It really seemed like a comedy for quite a bit. Hail the size of bowling balls smashing down and you hear some guy reporting "golf ball sized hail." The kid has "Yoda" on his name tag. Everyone following some cop over the advise of a geniuses. Homeless man who isn't on drugs or alcohol, mental, nor dumb I laughed a lot during this movie, I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard. It really seemed like a comedy for quite a bit. Hail the size of bowling balls smashing down and you hear some guy reporting "golf ball sized hail." The kid has "Yoda" on his name tag. Everyone following some cop over the advise of a geniuses. Homeless man who isn't on drugs or alcohol, mental, nor dumb who can speak well and give good advice. Some of the dumbest reporters ever... which makes me think of pulp fiction because I was laughing at how some people died. I think this movie overtly shows how stupid we are when faced with impending dangers. Maybe this movie is asking us to wise up. Yeah it's not based on real science, so what, it's a movie. I think it would be great one for Mystery Science Theater. This could have been a great comedy, please go see this movie with a light heart and don't be afraid to laugh. =) Expand
  40. SaerA.
    Jun 6, 2004
    I think The Day After Tomorrow will be the best movie of 2004. The special effects were spectacular. It was also entertaining and will leave you breathless and on the edge of your seat.
  41. PrestonF.
    Jun 6, 2004
    Sure it's silly and hopelessly liberal. It's still good fun.
  42. JazzR.
    Jul 19, 2004
    Simply excellent-first half's effects are the best I've seen, and second half's melodrama can still make you sigh.
  43. EfeB.
    Jul 30, 2004
    When it comes to disaster films, the director and the audience share a brotherly (or sisterly) bond...the bonding is called "look, it's a disaster film...have fun!" i had little hopes for artistic endevours and briliance before seeing this film, therefore i am surprised and pleased that it is infact a complete and clean package. it delivers what it advertises. not only you will see When it comes to disaster films, the director and the audience share a brotherly (or sisterly) bond...the bonding is called "look, it's a disaster film...have fun!" i had little hopes for artistic endevours and briliance before seeing this film, therefore i am surprised and pleased that it is infact a complete and clean package. it delivers what it advertises. not only you will see some amazing effects at work but the direction and the photography is excellent. for the first time, someone (a korean intern perhaps?) has figured out how to make computer generated tornados that look like the real things. it is how the effects are used that demands respect, they tell a story rather than woosh and wow us. the story can be seen both good and forgetable, it depends on how much you care about the planet i guess. if you are a vegetarian lesbian feminist that hate the idea of soda cans on the bottom of the ocean basin, or if you are a geek who enjoys watching the weather channel and wonder about what a certain el nino will hit some frickin eastern asian island named after your child hood pet (examples: mino, papuka, mikiniki)....you will love this movie. i did. (hmmm....) Expand
  44. EmaS.
    Jul 3, 2004
    It was amazing.
  45. RachelD.
    Jan 25, 2007
    I think this was a very effective film that had an impact on the audience, The special effects were brilliant. I think it was a brilliant way to get the point across that global warming is completely unpredictible and could happen in our lifetime, even if at times the special effects could be some what "dramatic".
  46. S.Moonlight
    Dec 22, 2004
    I love this movie so much!!! It is so awsome and thrilling!!! Whoever hates this I ask WHY? This movie rocks!!! I love it , it's amazing!! I love Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie!! I'm obsessed with this movie SO MUCH!!! I'd rate this movie one million!!!
  47. AntonioM.
    Dec 28, 2004
    A very very good sci-fi.
  48. Sam
    Oct 23, 2004
    A brilliant movie, but if you not like Emmerechs movies stay clear of this film. If you do, see it immediately, but all others should stay clear. But in my opinion this film is a classic, considering the gourgeous effects and brilliant plot, but the day this film is on DVD and VHS where will you be? The store, or at home?
  49. AndrewB.
    Dec 5, 2004
    Although I loved the effects, the acting and plot left something to be desired.
  50. Michael
    May 28, 2004
    Want dodgy acting and dead-end plot arcs?? Got 'em. But who really cares? I went for the downtown Tsunamis and flash frozen Lady Liberty, and I wasn't disappointed. Check your brain at the door and enjoy the spectacle. (Bonus shots - the sight of gringos abandoning their SUVs and wading the Rio Grande as illegal immigrants).
  51. CameronS.
    May 28, 2004
    I enjoyed this movie. The special effects were cool. The plot was silly but still entertaining. Not the worst movie out there but its a cool disaster movie for what it was. I didnt like the preachy crap in it though. That was stupid but other than that, it was enjoyable.
  52. Burbak
    May 28, 2004
    This one is a winner...for its special effects...yes there could have been more substance to...it and less syrup...but I got my moneys worth.
  53. Shane
    May 29, 2004
    The plot is decent and is carried out well, but the corny family sentimentality thing took away from it. The bottom line is the movie isn't fantastic, but there are no real boring parts in the movie. I wanted to get up and get an Icee throughout the whole movie but never ended up doing it for fear I'd miss something. It was enthralling and the little bits of stupid humor were The plot is decent and is carried out well, but the corny family sentimentality thing took away from it. The bottom line is the movie isn't fantastic, but there are no real boring parts in the movie. I wanted to get up and get an Icee throughout the whole movie but never ended up doing it for fear I'd miss something. It was enthralling and the little bits of stupid humor were actually effective because they came at the right times. As usual Jake Gyllenhaal does a great job, but I think he's one of the oldest looking 17 year-olds in quite some time. Hopefully this is his last role of a high schooler. Expand
  54. NeloKing
    May 29, 2004
    Hey it is a summer blockbuster after all, remember what that means? Action, special effects, little to think about and lots to entertain. As such, the day after tomorrow does what it sets out to do 'Entertain the audience'. If I wanted a serious depressing film with fantastic acting and an outstanding script I would have rented Mystic River. However on a hot summers day Hey it is a summer blockbuster after all, remember what that means? Action, special effects, little to think about and lots to entertain. As such, the day after tomorrow does what it sets out to do 'Entertain the audience'. If I wanted a serious depressing film with fantastic acting and an outstanding script I would have rented Mystic River. However on a hot summers day there's nothing better than watch stuff getting destroyed and "The Day After Tomorrow" does that with aplomb! Expand
  55. ChantelD.
    Jun 15, 2004
    It is an awesome movie, I loved it a lot. I think it had a good storyline except it ended quite suddenly, I hope they make a sequel. Love me xoxo.
  56. HaileyC.
    Jun 25, 2004
    This was one of the best movies i've ever seen. It had the best visual effects and anyone who knows anything about cinematic presentation would agree.
  57. TimK
    Jul 14, 2004
    Seriously, I laughed so much during this movie, it would make 'comedies' blush with jealousy. At first I felt bad laughing, after all it is a disaster flick. But I just couldn't help it. Like Mike C. said, watch it with a light heart. I dare you not to laugh :P
  58. RachelH.
    Dec 22, 2005
    I seem to be the minority here; I liked this movie a lot. Not sure it was quite deserving of an 8, but it should get more than a 7. Incredible visual effects. The movie would be worth seeing simply for that reason. I personally also really liked the casting. Quaid and Ward were great. Gyllenhaal, in my opinion, is one of the more underappreciated actors I've seen recently, but I I seem to be the minority here; I liked this movie a lot. Not sure it was quite deserving of an 8, but it should get more than a 7. Incredible visual effects. The movie would be worth seeing simply for that reason. I personally also really liked the casting. Quaid and Ward were great. Gyllenhaal, in my opinion, is one of the more underappreciated actors I've seen recently, but I thought he put on a wonderful performance too. I was entertained from beginning to end, there was hardly a dull moment. Expand
  59. Louis'sbrother
    Mar 27, 2007
    Not only is this movie an edge-of-your-seat thriller, it also spreads the message of the threat of global warming clearly.
  60. TimX.
    May 24, 2007
    This is not just some ordinary disaster movie. For those who pick out the little problems like the special effects, you are plainly: DUMB. Something similar to this will happen sometime in the future, when people are still on Earth, and at that time, even the special effects in the movie wouldn't be able to compare to the force of Mother Nature. Just wait and see.. or maybe let your This is not just some ordinary disaster movie. For those who pick out the little problems like the special effects, you are plainly: DUMB. Something similar to this will happen sometime in the future, when people are still on Earth, and at that time, even the special effects in the movie wouldn't be able to compare to the force of Mother Nature. Just wait and see.. or maybe let your grandchildren see, and pay the price for your consequences. Expand
  61. GeraldoZ
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ok... This movie was made in 2004, and the special effects looked real! The movie has a great plot. Unfortunately it's a little dull since its more science s**t than anything. Great movie.
  62. VasiliyH.
    Jan 19, 2008
    One of the best films I've ever seen. Atmoshpere is very good I felt like i am in the cold New York and tried to stay alive.
  63. SteveP.
    Jan 27, 2008
    I loved this movie; it is a modern-day Plan 9, a B movie with all the usual clunky plots. The wolves are missing? They'll show up again... on a ship in the middle of Manhattan! The guy says "...and I'll go, too"? Yes, he's going to die. We're trapped in a building full of wood... so all we can burn is books! Come on, people! This movie is brilliant... just not the way I loved this movie; it is a modern-day Plan 9, a B movie with all the usual clunky plots. The wolves are missing? They'll show up again... on a ship in the middle of Manhattan! The guy says "...and I'll go, too"? Yes, he's going to die. We're trapped in a building full of wood... so all we can burn is books! Come on, people! This movie is brilliant... just not the way the writers intended. Grab some popcorn, rent this movie, and enjoy! Expand
  64. SamanthaW.
    Dec 24, 2004
    Oh my god!!!! I loved the day after tomorrow, it's the best movie ever!! I really loved the special effects, they were too cool!! Don't get me started with Jake Gyllenhaal!!! He was so cute and adorable, i absolutly loved him in this movie!!!! I also really liked Emmy Rossum she is a great actress!! If you ask me this story did have a meaning, don't say it didn't. I Oh my god!!!! I loved the day after tomorrow, it's the best movie ever!! I really loved the special effects, they were too cool!! Don't get me started with Jake Gyllenhaal!!! He was so cute and adorable, i absolutly loved him in this movie!!!! I also really liked Emmy Rossum she is a great actress!! If you ask me this story did have a meaning, don't say it didn't. I know i rated this movie 10, but i was wrong, i would rate this movie one million!! I loved it that much! If you havn't seen this movie please rent it or buy it, it's awsome!!! One more thing, if you see this movie don't rate it 0 out of 10 it doesn't deserve 0, it deserves one million!!!! SO SEE THE MOVIE, YOU'LL love it!!! Expand
  65. Aug 14, 2010
    The Day After Tomorrow was a better movie than I expected. The characters were easy to know and were great in their roles. The story played nicely gradually growing in tension with a great climax. It obviously isn't perfect, but a movie worth seeing.
  66. Oct 19, 2011
    A few of the characters in the movie may feel unnecessary and / or annoying, but in the end, the message shown in the film is that we must do something to save our Earth or else the future will witness something similar to what was shown.
  67. Jan 4, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie but if I had to pick between 2012 or this movie, I would probably pick 2012.
  68. Sep 25, 2011
    Perhaps one of the better Roland Emmerich movies but that's not saying much as most of them suck despite being very financially successful. The Day After Tomorrow's special effects are great but characters are lacking. Take away the special effects from this movie and you will have very little left. There also is a really stupid scene with CGI animated wolves, completely unnecessary butPerhaps one of the better Roland Emmerich movies but that's not saying much as most of them suck despite being very financially successful. The Day After Tomorrow's special effects are great but characters are lacking. Take away the special effects from this movie and you will have very little left. There also is a really stupid scene with CGI animated wolves, completely unnecessary but what more can you expect from Roland Emmerich?â Expand
  69. Feb 10, 2012
    Watchig tr movie right now in school. Its cool abd full of action
  70. Oct 5, 2012
    This film is good - I like the characters but most of all I found the climate change plot fascinating. This made the intense scenes with the snow and the rain quite entertaining, but it was pretty emotionally intense as well. It's not a perfect film, but I enjoyed it when I was younger and I enjoyed it now. It still delivers brilliantly, and Jake Gyllenhaal is still as clever and gorgeousThis film is good - I like the characters but most of all I found the climate change plot fascinating. This made the intense scenes with the snow and the rain quite entertaining, but it was pretty emotionally intense as well. It's not a perfect film, but I enjoyed it when I was younger and I enjoyed it now. It still delivers brilliantly, and Jake Gyllenhaal is still as clever and gorgeous as usual. Expand
  71. Nov 11, 2011
    The Day After Tomorrow is one of Roland Emmerich's best films, it's enjoyable and has great SFX and is quite good for a disaster film.
  72. Feb 22, 2013
    In The Day After Tomorrow, the writers take a real life theory and magnify it by a billion, turning it into a apocalyptic special effects thrill ride. Something that is supposed to happen in thousands of years, happens in a couple days, with Jack and Sam Hall caught in the middle. While one is trapped in hard hit New York City, the other must track across the country to save him. Okay,In The Day After Tomorrow, the writers take a real life theory and magnify it by a billion, turning it into a apocalyptic special effects thrill ride. Something that is supposed to happen in thousands of years, happens in a couple days, with Jack and Sam Hall caught in the middle. While one is trapped in hard hit New York City, the other must track across the country to save him. Okay, it's a little cheesy and the acting isn't the best, but the special effects are some of the best I've ever seen. I like that it's based on fact and a look into a possible future, well beyond my lifetime and overall it was extremely entertaining. Many of my fellow reviews considered the film to be a warning on global warming, but that's really crazy. Unless you're Al Gore, you should see this movie for what it is. A bunch of smart writers having fun with a scientific theory that may or may not come true one day. Expand
  73. Nov 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An interesting (and, IMHO, entertaining) movie from, of all studios, FOX. The basic premise is that, for whatever reason, there is a drastic change in the climate system of the earth. The story is a classic 'scientist tries to warn people, but they won't listen' plot. Of course, when things hit the fan, it's already too late (though it would seem that nothing could have been done to prevent the change, but an early decision to evacuate people from a danger zone, roughly anything north of the 30th parallel, may have saved many people from death). I did like the special effects (though some of them, how can I say this, seemed 'forced'). The one major beef I have is that it seemed to drag on, maybe about 20 minutes longer than it should have. Also, the heavy-handed approach to global warming/climate change also seemed forced. Another thing is that it seemed like they director/producer were going out of their way to mock FOX news (not that I'm a fan of that network), to the point of ridiculousness (ie: "Tornadoes are attacking Los Angeles!). But, on the other hand, I particularly got a kick out of the actor playing the Vice President...IMO, a dead-ringer for Vice President Cheney. Expand
  74. Sep 27, 2013
    The Day After Tomorrow is a summer blockbuster that has some great disaster scenes and a good musical score. Other than that, the movie doesn't have much more to offer.
  75. Nov 8, 2013
    It's a good movie...but I think I would have been happy without seeing it. It's just not right...but it's a good movie to watch. Just enjoy what you got here.
  76. May 14, 2014
    This is the best movie in his category by far.Great actors,great story and good effects but there is something in this movie that i didn't like and i don't know what it is (it's probably because there is not enough action).
  77. Oct 8, 2014
    Well Well Well, Roland Emmerich I strongly welcome for you to make more movies like these! THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW is amazing in every way. My favorite Disaster movie ! ( Next to 2012 ) No other "ice age" movie can replace this! Roland Emmerich has did it again! From the director of Independence DAY!

An abrupt climate change brings global cataclysmic consequences ! And one man named Dennis QUAID I think his name is "Jack" in the movie, travels to New York in order to save his son and his son ( along with some friends ) must stay inside and keep warm as the superstorm grows ever bigger and bigger.

Congrats Roland Emmerich! I have this movie on DVD on widerscreen version, though one day I will have it on BLU-RAY. This portrays the ice age and its talk on the whole "polluting the atmosphere" and all that sciency talk. They talk it very good. It all goes along with the suspensful music, and then that beautifully blends in the with the awesome special effects. Roland Emmerich really knows how to direct and somehow blended beautifully the suspense music and the special effects and not to mention the drama/suspense into the "I think its happening", "It should be over New York by now,Tempature readings show a 10 degree drop per second, "If you look over there behind me, thats a tornado. Yes! A twister in Los angeles. It one of the many tornadoes that are destroying our city...Theres another one! Thats the los angeles skyline!!"

Yup, upon wtaching it sooo many times, I even remember the dialogue and ALL the disaster scenes.

I have many more things to say...but I don't want to make this review so long so I'll cut it off here. Lets just say Roland Emmerich has made one of a kind masterpieces. ( In MY opinion )
  78. Mar 28, 2015
    Roland Emmerich continues to captivate with his apocalyptic-ideals. Now with this film he is able to express his vision with more visual highlights than before. From a torn-Hollywood sign to New York City in a ice-bounded trap, the film's effects really do make up for it's dull story.

1. Reviewed by: Colin Kennedy
    Everybody is good at one thing, they say; for Emmerich, it's destruction.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    The really good news is that the disaster money shots are some of the finest ever filmed.
    This highly entertaining spin on eco-catastrophe could turn the most meteorologically challenged among us into Weather Channel freaks.