6.1

1. Mar 28, 2015
    Roland Emmerich continues to captivate with his apocalyptic-ideals. Now with this film he is able to express his vision with more visual highlights than before. From a torn-Hollywood sign to New York City in a ice-bounded trap, the film's effects really do make up for it's dull story.
  2. Feb 24, 2015
    pretty crappy this movie dosent explain anything about the characters and they just expect you to know whats happening, some parts are exiting and funny but most of it is so unrealistic its funny. the spetial fx are good but most is pretty bad
  3. Oct 8, 2014
    Well Well Well, Roland Emmerich I strongly welcome for you to make more movies like these! THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW is amazing in every way. My favorite Disaster movie ! ( Next to 2012 ) No other "ice age" movie can replace this! Roland Emmerich has did it again! From the director of Independence DAY!

An abrupt climate change brings global cataclysmic consequences ! And one man named Dennis QUAID I think his name is "Jack" in the movie, travels to New York in order to save his son and his son ( along with some friends ) must stay inside and keep warm as the superstorm grows ever bigger and bigger.

Congrats Roland Emmerich! I have this movie on DVD on widerscreen version, though one day I will have it on BLU-RAY. This portrays the ice age and its talk on the whole "polluting the atmosphere" and all that sciency talk. They talk it very good. It all goes along with the suspensful music, and then that beautifully blends in the with the awesome special effects. Roland Emmerich really knows how to direct and somehow blended beautifully the suspense music and the special effects and not to mention the drama/suspense into the "I think its happening", "It should be over New York by now,Tempature readings show a 10 degree drop per second, "If you look over there behind me, thats a tornado. Yes! A twister in Los angeles. It one of the many tornadoes that are destroying our city...Theres another one! Thats the los angeles skyline!!"

Yup, upon wtaching it sooo many times, I even remember the dialogue and ALL the disaster scenes.

I have many more things to say...but I don't want to make this review so long so I'll cut it off here. Lets just say Roland Emmerich has made one of a kind masterpieces. ( In MY opinion )
  4. Aug 28, 2014
    There certainly are wasted opportunities throughout and the film does stumble over itself countless times. The Day After Tomorrow does; however, feature moving visuals and a fairly interesting plotline.
  5. May 25, 2014
    I think Roland Emmerich likes destroying cities with New York being his favorite first Independence Day then Godzilla now The Day After Tomorrow i think he has a hard on for New York. Like most disaster movies they always seem to be based around a single family/small group and their stuggles dealing with the unfolding events and this movie is no different. The movie is enjoyable and forI think Roland Emmerich likes destroying cities with New York being his favorite first Independence Day then Godzilla now The Day After Tomorrow i think he has a hard on for New York. Like most disaster movies they always seem to be based around a single family/small group and their stuggles dealing with the unfolding events and this movie is no different. The movie is enjoyable and for sure better then Emmerich's other disaster flick "2012" which was complete garbage. The story is nothing new and is average at best but it holds up with acting and the special effects. It has a likeable cast with Dennis Quaid, Jake Gyllenhaal, Emmy Rossum, and Ian Holm they all do solid performances but i think some people just dont like the film becuase they dislike Jake Gyllenhaal. The movie does feel to drag a bit mostly with the mom scene luckily there wasnt many of those also the action scenes dont last that long and between those its filled with another 10-20mins of more talking/waiting at least it seemed that way maybe it was the editing that made it feel that way to me.

Overall i give it a 6.0
  6. May 23, 2014
    This is the best disaster movie ever. It's got apocalyptic atmosphere, flawless effects and a beautiful soundtrack. But more importantly, it has people running away from the cold! They literally run away from cold weather that's chasing them down corridors like Michael Myers! Isn't that hilarious?
  7. May 20, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie- it's like 2012, but if it had better characters and more tragedy. And I like that the disaster was due to climate change rather than natural disaster, at least to convey the message of,"STOP F***ING UP THE EARTH!"

And the theme song and effects were really awesome
  8. May 17, 2014
    This movie is a visual masterpiece, it has created a cult classic and is iconic. However, this movie contains cliched flat characters, with thin plot so it is all about visuals and some tension. Is this movie worth watching? I was curious at first, and I know I wouldn't like it but I did it, I knew it won't be a perfect experience it isn't! It is a B popcorn film that is all aboutThis movie is a visual masterpiece, it has created a cult classic and is iconic. However, this movie contains cliched flat characters, with thin plot so it is all about visuals and some tension. Is this movie worth watching? I was curious at first, and I know I wouldn't like it but I did it, I knew it won't be a perfect experience it isn't! It is a B popcorn film that is all about visuals, with some tension and heartwarming moments. Expand
  9. May 14, 2014
    This is the best movie in his category by far.Great actors,great story and good effects but there is something in this movie that i didn't like and i don't know what it is (it's probably because there is not enough action).
  10. Dec 8, 2013
    This film is a disgrace portraying a real world problem with fantasy and pseudoscience that has undermined the need to address global warming. This film could have been done so much better if only it used real consequences of climate change and was set in the near future instead of apocalyptic rubbish...and that ending...what the was that? Talk about undermining the need to addressThis film is a disgrace portraying a real world problem with fantasy and pseudoscience that has undermined the need to address global warming. This film could have been done so much better if only it used real consequences of climate change and was set in the near future instead of apocalyptic rubbish...and that ending...what the was that? Talk about undermining the need to address climate change if the problem can be solved that easily. Expand
  11. Nov 8, 2013
    It's a good movie...but I think I would have been happy without seeing it. It's just not right...but it's a good movie to watch. Just enjoy what you got here.
  12. Nov 4, 2013
    You can't deny that the visual effects in "The Day After Tomorrow" are stunning. However, after an exciting one and a half hour, the rest becomes increasingly dull where not much is happening.
  13. Sep 27, 2013
    The Day After Tomorrow is a summer blockbuster that has some great disaster scenes and a good musical score. Other than that, the movie doesn't have much more to offer.
  14. Apr 22, 2013
    Its just your regular apocalypse movie with the same old story. But what an amazing visual dazzle.
  15. Feb 26, 2013
    God I hope I move to New Zealand before this happens D:
  16. Feb 22, 2013
    In The Day After Tomorrow, the writers take a real life theory and magnify it by a billion, turning it into a apocalyptic special effects thrill ride. Something that is supposed to happen in thousands of years, happens in a couple days, with Jack and Sam Hall caught in the middle. While one is trapped in hard hit New York City, the other must track across the country to save him. Okay,In The Day After Tomorrow, the writers take a real life theory and magnify it by a billion, turning it into a apocalyptic special effects thrill ride. Something that is supposed to happen in thousands of years, happens in a couple days, with Jack and Sam Hall caught in the middle. While one is trapped in hard hit New York City, the other must track across the country to save him. Okay, it's a little cheesy and the acting isn't the best, but the special effects are some of the best I've ever seen. I like that it's based on fact and a look into a possible future, well beyond my lifetime and overall it was extremely entertaining. Many of my fellow reviews considered the film to be a warning on global warming, but that's really crazy. Unless you're Al Gore, you should see this movie for what it is. A bunch of smart writers having fun with a scientific theory that may or may not come true one day. Expand
  17. Jan 12, 2013
    Good special effects and entertaining.
  18. Jan 10, 2013
    The parts during the disasters were good, the parts with no disasters are bland.This movie lacks the emotion and the settings were the worst. A library is not a good place to set it, they should have just left the project instead of showing it.
  19. Nov 25, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An interesting (and, IMHO, entertaining) movie from, of all studios, FOX. The basic premise is that, for whatever reason, there is a drastic change in the climate system of the earth. The story is a classic 'scientist tries to warn people, but they won't listen' plot. Of course, when things hit the fan, it's already too late (though it would seem that nothing could have been done to prevent the change, but an early decision to evacuate people from a danger zone, roughly anything north of the 30th parallel, may have saved many people from death). I did like the special effects (though some of them, how can I say this, seemed 'forced'). The one major beef I have is that it seemed to drag on, maybe about 20 minutes longer than it should have. Also, the heavy-handed approach to global warming/climate change also seemed forced. Another thing is that it seemed like they director/producer were going out of their way to mock FOX news (not that I'm a fan of that network), to the point of ridiculousness (ie: "Tornadoes are attacking Los Angeles!). But, on the other hand, I particularly got a kick out of the actor playing the Vice President...IMO, a dead-ringer for Vice President Cheney. Expand
  20. Nov 8, 2012
    Don't bother watching it. Not tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, or any other days after that.
  21. Oct 5, 2012
    This film is good - I like the characters but most of all I found the climate change plot fascinating. This made the intense scenes with the snow and the rain quite entertaining, but it was pretty emotionally intense as well. It's not a perfect film, but I enjoyed it when I was younger and I enjoyed it now. It still delivers brilliantly, and Jake Gyllenhaal is still as clever and gorgeousThis film is good - I like the characters but most of all I found the climate change plot fascinating. This made the intense scenes with the snow and the rain quite entertaining, but it was pretty emotionally intense as well. It's not a perfect film, but I enjoyed it when I was younger and I enjoyed it now. It still delivers brilliantly, and Jake Gyllenhaal is still as clever and gorgeous as usual. Expand
  22. Sep 1, 2012
    This movie thrives on the several action scenes it has. Everything else about it is a dull lazy script. I had no interest in what any of the characters were saying. Just show the tornadoes and tidal waves of destruction.
  23. Jul 16, 2012
    The Day After Tomorrow has no intention of sending some deep or subtle message to its audience. The film is meant to be sheer spectacle, and in that aspect, it succeeds.
  24. Jun 18, 2012
    At times 'The Day After Tomorrow' feels more like a made for television disaster miniseries than a AAA Hollywood title. You know, those movies we're excited about when first hear the outrageous plot (usually involving the destruction of iconic American landmarks) but are entirely disappointed when we actually watch it. However, this isn't because the special effects are cheap andAt times 'The Day After Tomorrow' feels more like a made for television disaster miniseries than a AAA Hollywood title. You know, those movies we're excited about when first hear the outrageous plot (usually involving the destruction of iconic American landmarks) but are entirely disappointed when we actually watch it. However, this isn't because the special effects are cheap and unbelievable, but more so because the acting in this picture is incredibly bad. Paris Hilton bad. Now that's hot... err, bad. Watch this flick for the destruction scenes ONLY. Expand
  25. Mar 30, 2012
    Great Visuals and some very terrfying scenes about what nature can do but the acting and story are clumsy and the director mixes too much politics in the film. You will probably pay a lot more attention to the weather after this though.
  26. Feb 10, 2012
    Watchig tr movie right now in school. Its cool abd full of action
  27. Dec 29, 2011
    This is the best film about climate change! The effects are amazing. Is my favorite film after Titanic, there are many scenes of action. If you liked movies disaster this is your movie.
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    The Day After Tomorrow is one of Roland Emmerich's best films, it's enjoyable and has great SFX and is quite good for a disaster film.
  29. Oct 19, 2011
    A few of the characters in the movie may feel unnecessary and / or annoying, but in the end, the message shown in the film is that we must do something to save our Earth or else the future will witness something similar to what was shown.
  30. Oct 6, 2011
    "The Day after Tomorrow" starts in a broad scale with impressive visuals, but lacks the lasting appeal as well as the character depth. I can suspect where the movie wants itself headed to, but fails to execute in action.
  31. Sep 25, 2011
    Perhaps one of the better Roland Emmerich movies but that's not saying much as most of them suck despite being very financially successful. The Day After Tomorrow's special effects are great but characters are lacking. Take away the special effects from this movie and you will have very little left. There also is a really stupid scene with CGI animated wolves, completely unnecessary butPerhaps one of the better Roland Emmerich movies but that's not saying much as most of them suck despite being very financially successful. The Day After Tomorrow's special effects are great but characters are lacking. Take away the special effects from this movie and you will have very little left. There also is a really stupid scene with CGI animated wolves, completely unnecessary but what more can you expect from Roland Emmerich?â Expand
  32. Jun 11, 2011
    As Paleoclimatologist Jack Hall discovers that a large ice sheet has been sheared off, he realizes that it triggered a massive climate shift that would affect the world population. Meanwhile, as his son, Sam and his friends attend an event in New York, they discovered that it has been raining for three weeks, but little do they know that the world will be entering the new ice age. Jack andAs Paleoclimatologist Jack Hall discovers that a large ice sheet has been sheared off, he realizes that it triggered a massive climate shift that would affect the world population. Meanwhile, as his son, Sam and his friends attend an event in New York, they discovered that it has been raining for three weeks, but little do they know that the world will be entering the new ice age. Jack and his two friends make an attempt to rescue his son while surviving cold temperatures that could kill them.

At times, the storyline and characters were undeveloped, but to give credit, the CGI looks cool and the moments with the storms were very intense and it keeps you interested in what's going on and sometimes the acting was pretty decent The Day After Tomorrow suffers from its lack of story and character, but keeps you interested with good CGI, good acting, and very good moments with the storms.

33. Jun 4, 2011
    Probably one of my favourite Emmerich film, next to Independence Day though I like it in a guilty pleasure kind of way. The acting is still tacky, scientific accuracy is out of the window and there are plot holes everywhere but at least the characters are actually slightly more human than the other Emmerich films because they actually look like they are struggling. The special effects areProbably one of my favourite Emmerich film, next to Independence Day though I like it in a guilty pleasure kind of way. The acting is still tacky, scientific accuracy is out of the window and there are plot holes everywhere but at least the characters are actually slightly more human than the other Emmerich films because they actually look like they are struggling. The special effects are still good looking and though tacky, the acting wasn't as bad as from previous Emmerich films. Expand
  34. Jan 4, 2011
    I enjoyed this movie but if I had to pick between 2012 or this movie, I would probably pick 2012.
  35. Aug 14, 2010
    The Day After Tomorrow was a better movie than I expected. The characters were easy to know and were great in their roles. The story played nicely gradually growing in tension with a great climax. It obviously isn't perfect, but a movie worth seeing.
  36. Nei
    May 3, 2010
    I don't care what the others say, but this movie is good.
  37. EnzoP.
    Jul 9, 2009
    It was a really good movie it kept me awake through the night. I agree what Steve P. said it's a B movie.
  38. GeraldoZ
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ok... This movie was made in 2004, and the special effects looked real! The movie has a great plot. Unfortunately it's a little dull since its more science s**t than anything. Great movie.
  39. SteveP.
    Jan 27, 2008
    I loved this movie; it is a modern-day Plan 9, a B movie with all the usual clunky plots. The wolves are missing? They'll show up again... on a ship in the middle of Manhattan! The guy says "...and I'll go, too"? Yes, he's going to die. We're trapped in a building full of wood... so all we can burn is books! Come on, people! This movie is brilliant... just not the way I loved this movie; it is a modern-day Plan 9, a B movie with all the usual clunky plots. The wolves are missing? They'll show up again... on a ship in the middle of Manhattan! The guy says "...and I'll go, too"? Yes, he's going to die. We're trapped in a building full of wood... so all we can burn is books! Come on, people! This movie is brilliant... just not the way the writers intended. Grab some popcorn, rent this movie, and enjoy! Expand
  40. VasiliyH.
    Jan 19, 2008
    One of the best films I've ever seen. Atmoshpere is very good I felt like i am in the cold New York and tried to stay alive.
  41. TimX.
    May 24, 2007
    This is not just some ordinary disaster movie. For those who pick out the little problems like the special effects, you are plainly: DUMB. Something similar to this will happen sometime in the future, when people are still on Earth, and at that time, even the special effects in the movie wouldn't be able to compare to the force of Mother Nature. Just wait and see.. or maybe let your This is not just some ordinary disaster movie. For those who pick out the little problems like the special effects, you are plainly: DUMB. Something similar to this will happen sometime in the future, when people are still on Earth, and at that time, even the special effects in the movie wouldn't be able to compare to the force of Mother Nature. Just wait and see.. or maybe let your grandchildren see, and pay the price for your consequences. Expand
  42. Louis'sbrother
    Mar 27, 2007
    Not only is this movie an edge-of-your-seat thriller, it also spreads the message of the threat of global warming clearly.
  43. Riren
    Mar 19, 2007
    Pseudo-science spins a new apocalyptic disaster story that becomes increasingly less likely as the movie goes on. All of the characters are archetypes (loveable poor guy; lovestricken handsome young man; indignant snob; headstrong cop; bitter scientist; et. al.), so you can walk into this movie and know all you'll need to know about everyone without having to think. You'll have Pseudo-science spins a new apocalyptic disaster story that becomes increasingly less likely as the movie goes on. All of the characters are archetypes (loveable poor guy; lovestricken handsome young man; indignant snob; headstrong cop; bitter scientist; et. al.), so you can walk into this movie and know all you'll need to know about everyone without having to think. You'll have to leave your disbelief at the door, though, as you see wolves turned into maneaters after a day of freedom, and people literally running from cold that is creeping across the floor. The computer effects are largely beautiful, and certainly deserve commendation. Unfortunately unlike other, older disaster movies, since cold is the killer here, prepare to see a lot of slower, more agonizing deaths, and more sad corpses - things that hurt the escapist entertainment of such a movie. Its best point, like the novel World War Z, is the rare moments where this science fiction premise overlaps our real world and puts a creative spin on our current prejudices, like people illegally crossing the border INTO Mexico, or burning books for warmth. If creative touches like that were more frequent, it might be a really good movie. As it is, it's a take-it-or-leave-it disaster movie that's somber entries into the genre are usually frantic. Expand
  44. RachelD.
    Jan 25, 2007
    I think this was a very effective film that had an impact on the audience, The special effects were brilliant. I think it was a brilliant way to get the point across that global warming is completely unpredictible and could happen in our lifetime, even if at times the special effects could be some what "dramatic".
  45. TravisP.
    Dec 13, 2006
    Ok, so wolves held in captivity and fed not less than 12 hours ago, suddenly when freed (and apparently because it's cold) start attacking people with a ferociousness that even completely wild wolves would never attain. Then how about a hero who understands the situation better than anyone else and then turns his back on what's left of devastated humanity to go BACK and search Ok, so wolves held in captivity and fed not less than 12 hours ago, suddenly when freed (and apparently because it's cold) start attacking people with a ferociousness that even completely wild wolves would never attain. Then how about a hero who understands the situation better than anyone else and then turns his back on what's left of devastated humanity to go BACK and search for his son because of some stupid guilt problem. And by the way, if things were freezing so fast that you could see frost progress along walls and doors and such, the air would be unbreathably frozen long before they could run. This movie was crap. Expand
  46. TomB.
    Feb 9, 2006
    you know, not as bad as the reviews said. wasn't great, and the "animals are smarter than humans when it comes to the weather" cliche was pretty stupid ... but all in all, a good popcorn movie with a message that is at least thinking about. yes, the climate isn't going to "ice age" us tomorrow, but it's still something to consider.
  47. RachelH.
    Dec 22, 2005
    I seem to be the minority here; I liked this movie a lot. Not sure it was quite deserving of an 8, but it should get more than a 7. Incredible visual effects. The movie would be worth seeing simply for that reason. I personally also really liked the casting. Quaid and Ward were great. Gyllenhaal, in my opinion, is one of the more underappreciated actors I've seen recently, but I I seem to be the minority here; I liked this movie a lot. Not sure it was quite deserving of an 8, but it should get more than a 7. Incredible visual effects. The movie would be worth seeing simply for that reason. I personally also really liked the casting. Quaid and Ward were great. Gyllenhaal, in my opinion, is one of the more underappreciated actors I've seen recently, but I thought he put on a wonderful performance too. I was entertained from beginning to end, there was hardly a dull moment. Expand
  48. lawrencec.
    Dec 9, 2005
    This could have been a better film than it is and has a really poor dialog but good effects.
  49. JackH.
    Oct 1, 2005
    If the world were indeed to end tomorrow I would die happy knowing the people who wrote this tripe went with it.
  50. PatC.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Evocative and restrained musical score, stunning visualizations and immersing sound effects are featured as people struggle to survive in the shell of a city subjected to a natural catastrophe. Actually a striking movie if initially viewed following Hurricane Katrina, a perspective not available when the movie was released. Too many Hollywood cliffhanger elements, improbable weather Evocative and restrained musical score, stunning visualizations and immersing sound effects are featured as people struggle to survive in the shell of a city subjected to a natural catastrophe. Actually a striking movie if initially viewed following Hurricane Katrina, a perspective not available when the movie was released. Too many Hollywood cliffhanger elements, improbable weather events and environmentalist dogma preclude eligibility as an intelligent film. The enviros cover all their bases by claiming global warming can bring another ice age. Come on you phonies, do you understand how this planet works or not? However, I do believe that nature bats last, and a lot of the social interaction and political responses as the characters struggle to survive resemble today's news coverage and is truly touching. Expand
  51. LomaxH.
    Jul 24, 2005
    Hysterically stupid.
    Jun 14, 2005
    While FX are good, the movie isn't really exciting. For Forty minutes or so, things move well, but then it drags. Independence day has the thrill of the fight pushing its fun factor up and maximizing the effect of those FX. This movie is just about survival, which gets less and less interesting as it progresses. THere are a few moments, but even those aren't much. Anyone who While FX are good, the movie isn't really exciting. For Forty minutes or so, things move well, but then it drags. Independence day has the thrill of the fight pushing its fun factor up and maximizing the effect of those FX. This movie is just about survival, which gets less and less interesting as it progresses. THere are a few moments, but even those aren't much. Anyone who gives this a ten...just know there's much better, more exciting big budget movies out there. This one won't thrill you for very long. Expand
  53. KevinE.
    Mar 28, 2005
    How does a sensational, implausible, special-effects-for-the-sake-of-special-effects movie manage to be so BORING as well? Really just a well-cast TV movie of the week. Rent it if you're running a fever or really like the colors gray and white.
  54. ChristophTheCrazyFrenchman
    Feb 6, 2005
    Wow. I watched this movie with every and gave it every chance i could possibly think of to be a good movie but no matter how hard I tried, the movie just plain sucks. It was like watching a movie that two unfortanute nerds in high school would of thought up while the rest of the people were out making use of a sunny day. Im sorry but this movie gave me a feeling equivalent to having my Wow. I watched this movie with every and gave it every chance i could possibly think of to be a good movie but no matter how hard I tried, the movie just plain sucks. It was like watching a movie that two unfortanute nerds in high school would of thought up while the rest of the people were out making use of a sunny day. Im sorry but this movie gave me a feeling equivalent to having my skull bashed in with a large rock repeatedly. Expand
  55. Obicraig
    Jan 25, 2005
    Who writes this crap?!!? This has to be the worst movie I've seen in a long time. The dialouge was so bad I thought I was stuck in an episode of the mickey mouse club. If anyone liked this movie the universe should explode ending all life as we know it.
  56. AntonioM.
    Dec 28, 2004
    A very very good sci-fi.
  57. SamanthaW.
    Dec 24, 2004
    Oh my god!!!! I loved the day after tomorrow, it's the best movie ever!! I really loved the special effects, they were too cool!! Don't get me started with Jake Gyllenhaal!!! He was so cute and adorable, i absolutly loved him in this movie!!!! I also really liked Emmy Rossum she is a great actress!! If you ask me this story did have a meaning, don't say it didn't. I Oh my god!!!! I loved the day after tomorrow, it's the best movie ever!! I really loved the special effects, they were too cool!! Don't get me started with Jake Gyllenhaal!!! He was so cute and adorable, i absolutly loved him in this movie!!!! I also really liked Emmy Rossum she is a great actress!! If you ask me this story did have a meaning, don't say it didn't. I know i rated this movie 10, but i was wrong, i would rate this movie one million!! I loved it that much! If you havn't seen this movie please rent it or buy it, it's awsome!!! One more thing, if you see this movie don't rate it 0 out of 10 it doesn't deserve 0, it deserves one million!!!! SO SEE THE MOVIE, YOU'LL love it!!! Expand
  58. NancyT
    Dec 22, 2004
    It is so awsome!!!!!
  59. S.Moonlight
    Dec 22, 2004
    I love this movie so much!!! It is so awsome and thrilling!!! Whoever hates this I ask WHY? This movie rocks!!! I love it , it's amazing!! I love Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie!! I'm obsessed with this movie SO MUCH!!! I'd rate this movie one million!!!
  60. AndrewB.
    Dec 5, 2004
    Although I loved the effects, the acting and plot left something to be desired.
  61. AbbyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    Nice, but they could have done a little bit better. I mean, it was good, but no that good. I'd give it a least one thumb up, but not two.
  62. IlzeS
    Dec 1, 2004
    Could be better!Story line is not thriling. Independence day was much more better!
  63. TylerC.
    Nov 10, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] This is just another diseaster flick. This is just like Armageddon, Deep Impact, The Towering Inferno, Earthquake,Rollercoaster, and many other movies where there is an unseeable problem that seems like it will never be solved. I gave it a 1 because Dennis Quade is in it and I think he is a really good actor. By the way, I was hoping his son would die in the end. That[***SPOILERS***] This is just another diseaster flick. This is just like Armageddon, Deep Impact, The Towering Inferno, Earthquake,Rollercoaster, and many other movies where there is an unseeable problem that seems like it will never be solved. I gave it a 1 because Dennis Quade is in it and I think he is a really good actor. By the way, I was hoping his son would die in the end. That would add a spice of reality to this stupid movie. 5 people survive in New York and it happens to be the heros son. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Expand
  64. ChrisJ
    Nov 1, 2004
    The sad part is that it had promise, but bad writing and a some scenes that are a little TOO hard to believe drag it down to mediocrity. Unfortunately, the script is bad enough that it couldn't garner any A-list actors, meaning we're left with Dennis Quaid. The special effects are outstanding, apart from the wolves (which look fake). The scene where LA gets destroyed by The sad part is that it had promise, but bad writing and a some scenes that are a little TOO hard to believe drag it down to mediocrity. Unfortunately, the script is bad enough that it couldn't garner any A-list actors, meaning we're left with Dennis Quaid. The special effects are outstanding, apart from the wolves (which look fake). The scene where LA gets destroyed by Tornados, while helicopters film it is a little too far left of reality as well. The real frustrating thing about this movie is that the last 3/4 of an hour are intensely boring, and there isn't an ending worth mentioning. You leave the theatre frustrated. Expand
  65. LarryT
    Oct 28, 2004
    This movie is completely devoid of any intelligence whatsoever. It is fun to look at for about ten minutes. It reminds me of John Kerry. Astoundingly bad.
  66. OptimusM.
    Oct 26, 2004
    Genius thrilling amazing ASTONISHING sfx that make for a brilliant rollercoaster.... but the story and the drama is utter PANTS! The mindnumbing stupidity and lack of wisdom from the central characters made me pine that OTT sfx harm befell them. But t'was not to be. Make into a ride at Universal Studios immediately - that's all this film is good for!
  67. Sam
    Oct 23, 2004
    A brilliant movie, but if you not like Emmerechs movies stay clear of this film. If you do, see it immediately, but all others should stay clear. But in my opinion this film is a classic, considering the gourgeous effects and brilliant plot, but the day this film is on DVD and VHS where will you be? The store, or at home?
  68. MichaelM.
    Oct 21, 2004
    The visual effects are absolutley AMAZING! But everthing else sucks in this summer action flick. It's a definite worthy rental just on merit of the special effects.
  69. GregT.
    Oct 20, 2004
    This movie has great special effects and is a fairly good "action movie". You want action, you see it. The premise of this movie may have been taken from a book written decades ago called "Not by Fire, But by Ice" in which it was suggested that we have more to worry about from ice ages than we do from heat waves and droughts under the Green House effect. Interesting premise....
  70. LJS
    Oct 16, 2004
    The idea is scary. The effects are impressive, with one blaring exception: the wolves. They just don't fit. They don't do much for the plot, either. The acting is dissappointing. Some lines are delivered oh-so 'cheesily' it'll make you hang your head. Really. It's also extremely predictable, and consequently very boring. 90% of the time blockbusters=garbage, The idea is scary. The effects are impressive, with one blaring exception: the wolves. They just don't fit. They don't do much for the plot, either. The acting is dissappointing. Some lines are delivered oh-so 'cheesily' it'll make you hang your head. Really. It's also extremely predictable, and consequently very boring. 90% of the time blockbusters=garbage, and this one is no exception. There is just no depth to this movie. The only people I feel for are the actors, who have the burden of delivering the cheesy script. Expand
  71. LexeH.
    Aug 10, 2004
    Awesome - great special effects and casting!
  72. MikeL.
    Aug 9, 2004
    Kind of good special effects, but extremely movie-of-the-week-ish overall. I would not recommend this movie. I can't believe I got suckered.
  73. RobM.
    Aug 9, 2004
    You must see this great movie!
  74. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    The Day After Tomorrow had the best special effects ever! It was a very good thriller. Dennis Quaid did very smart acting. It was, in several parts, funny. I liked it when Mexico shut of the borders. Very good movie!
  75. BrianW.
    Aug 7, 2004
    Not a horrible movie, but certainly not a good one. This movie attempts to make an environmental message with implausible scenarios, and some flat out ridiculous moments. I mean the "cold" was chasing them, come on! That said the effects were good, and the flood of New York was amazing. I wouldn't recomend this film, but if you can turn your brain of, ignore the fact that most of the Not a horrible movie, but certainly not a good one. This movie attempts to make an environmental message with implausible scenarios, and some flat out ridiculous moments. I mean the "cold" was chasing them, come on! That said the effects were good, and the flood of New York was amazing. I wouldn't recomend this film, but if you can turn your brain of, ignore the fact that most of the world just died,and focus on 3-4 people for 2 hours....you'll like it. Expand
  76. SimonT.
    Aug 3, 2004
    It's a disaster movie on a global scale. Special effects were good. Quaid gives a pretty good serious acting performance - excellent actor. The script is not bad. The only problem disaster movies have been done so many times by Hollywood, so don't expect anything original from the plot. I liked it.
  77. EfeB.
    Jul 30, 2004
    When it comes to disaster films, the director and the audience share a brotherly (or sisterly) bond...the bonding is called "look, it's a disaster film...have fun!" i had little hopes for artistic endevours and briliance before seeing this film, therefore i am surprised and pleased that it is infact a complete and clean package. it delivers what it advertises. not only you will see When it comes to disaster films, the director and the audience share a brotherly (or sisterly) bond...the bonding is called "look, it's a disaster film...have fun!" i had little hopes for artistic endevours and briliance before seeing this film, therefore i am surprised and pleased that it is infact a complete and clean package. it delivers what it advertises. not only you will see some amazing effects at work but the direction and the photography is excellent. for the first time, someone (a korean intern perhaps?) has figured out how to make computer generated tornados that look like the real things. it is how the effects are used that demands respect, they tell a story rather than woosh and wow us. the story can be seen both good and forgetable, it depends on how much you care about the planet i guess. if you are a vegetarian lesbian feminist that hate the idea of soda cans on the bottom of the ocean basin, or if you are a geek who enjoys watching the weather channel and wonder about what a certain el nino will hit some frickin eastern asian island named after your child hood pet (examples: mino, papuka, mikiniki)....you will love this movie. i did. (hmmm....) Expand
  78. JeffL.
    Jul 25, 2004
    As a child of the Seventies, I have to admit that I can be a sucker for a good disaster movie. The Poseidon Adventure was one of the great, primal moviegoing experiences of my childhood; Earthquake mixed campy casting (Ava Gardner! Lorne Greene! Marjoe Gortner!) with way-cool effects and (God love the marketers at Universal) seat-rumbling Sensurround; and the more recent Twister proved As a child of the Seventies, I have to admit that I can be a sucker for a good disaster movie. The Poseidon Adventure was one of the great, primal moviegoing experiences of my childhood; Earthquake mixed campy casting (Ava Gardner! Lorne Greene! Marjoe Gortner!) with way-cool effects and (God love the marketers at Universal) seat-rumbling Sensurround; and the more recent Twister proved that there are few more potent cinematic combinations than flying cows and yummy Helen Hunt in a wet white tank top. And then there are the megastinkers (The Swarm, Beyond the Poseidon Adventure, Airports '75 and '79) that are such irredeemable crap piles that even camp followers have a tough time making it to the end credits. The Day After Tomorrow falls somewhere in between the best and worst of the genre. The premise of the film - that global warming will soon and suddenly lead to a giant, calamitous continent-wide storm - is actually an interesting concept that gives the filmmakers free reign to whip up a full menu of special effects. Hurricanes, floods, crashes, blizzards, the destruction of big cities and familiar national landmarks - all delivered with a big bang by the director of Independence Day and Godzilla. Too bad the wooden (but self-serious) dialogue and fairly dull cast of characters interrupt the action and effects with all to much regularity. And forget the tempest-in-a-teapot debate over the film's supposed environmentalist message. If this is a serious film about global warming, The Poseidon is a documentary on boating safety. Expand
  79. JazzR.
    Jul 19, 2004
    Simply excellent-first half's effects are the best I've seen, and second half's melodrama can still make you sigh.
  80. Janet
    Jul 18, 2004
    How awful was this script? Was this supposed to be a comedy because the audience was laughing during the second half. Pretty lame if you ask me.
  81. TimK
    Jul 14, 2004
    Seriously, I laughed so much during this movie, it would make 'comedies' blush with jealousy. At first I felt bad laughing, after all it is a disaster flick. But I just couldn't help it. Like Mike C. said, watch it with a light heart. I dare you not to laugh :P
  82. FernandoT.
    Jul 8, 2004
    Nothing special in this movie, except the special effects... history is the same as usual, adding some strange situations such as walk under a snow tempest, -40 celsius, wind, and only 2 days walking to new york.. I liked Mexico shutting off the borders.
  83. EmaS.
    Jul 3, 2004
    It was amazing.
  84. MikeC.
    Jun 29, 2004
    I laughed a lot during this movie, I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard. It really seemed like a comedy for quite a bit. Hail the size of bowling balls smashing down and you hear some guy reporting "golf ball sized hail." The kid has "Yoda" on his name tag. Everyone following some cop over the advise of a geniuses. Homeless man who isn't on drugs or alcohol, mental, nor dumb I laughed a lot during this movie, I was almost in tears I was laughing so hard. It really seemed like a comedy for quite a bit. Hail the size of bowling balls smashing down and you hear some guy reporting "golf ball sized hail." The kid has "Yoda" on his name tag. Everyone following some cop over the advise of a geniuses. Homeless man who isn't on drugs or alcohol, mental, nor dumb who can speak well and give good advice. Some of the dumbest reporters ever... which makes me think of pulp fiction because I was laughing at how some people died. I think this movie overtly shows how stupid we are when faced with impending dangers. Maybe this movie is asking us to wise up. Yeah it's not based on real science, so what, it's a movie. I think it would be great one for Mystery Science Theater. This could have been a great comedy, please go see this movie with a light heart and don't be afraid to laugh. =) Expand
  85. HaileyC.
    Jun 25, 2004
    This was one of the best movies i've ever seen. It had the best visual effects and anyone who knows anything about cinematic presentation would agree.
  86. JonD.
    Jun 24, 2004
    I saw this movie and i thought it was the best movie with special effects ever, Im most likely to buy this movie when it comes out on dvd widescreen can't wait to see it on dvd!!!
  87. LukeD.
    Jun 24, 2004
    Unless you see movies purely for the special effects I'd recommend staying far away from this crapper of a film. The only thing that saved this film for me was the clever nod it gave to the reversal of power roles between South and North America after the disasters have occurred. But, sadly, too little incidences of similar intelligence over what feels like quite a long movie equate Unless you see movies purely for the special effects I'd recommend staying far away from this crapper of a film. The only thing that saved this film for me was the clever nod it gave to the reversal of power roles between South and North America after the disasters have occurred. But, sadly, too little incidences of similar intelligence over what feels like quite a long movie equate to yet another film not worth the expensive ink its billboards are printed with. Expand
  88. TomasL.
    Jun 22, 2004
    Let me sum it up for you in one word. SUCKED!
  89. AlessandraS.
    Jun 21, 2004
    Can anyone say unrealistic? One day, leaders from around the world are discussing how Global Warming will someday change the face of the earth. And wouldnt you know it, the very next day, unsightly weather occurences begin taking place all over. Though, i must admit i found it even more interesting how the father of a young man stuck in a New York City library, WALKED to save him in Can anyone say unrealistic? One day, leaders from around the world are discussing how Global Warming will someday change the face of the earth. And wouldnt you know it, the very next day, unsightly weather occurences begin taking place all over. Though, i must admit i found it even more interesting how the father of a young man stuck in a New York City library, WALKED to save him in horrid weather conditions. Give me a break. The special effects earn it a 4. Expand
  90. ConstanceS.
    Jun 21, 2004
    I went to see 'Tomorrow' to escape boredom, but the silliness made for a dull climb through disaster flick pathos, drama mamma cliches and eco sensitive handwringing. My favorite part: Mexico shutting off its borders to massive American 'illigal immigration' in the face of disaster after disaster strikes. (PS if this is a spoiler for you after seeing the posters or I went to see 'Tomorrow' to escape boredom, but the silliness made for a dull climb through disaster flick pathos, drama mamma cliches and eco sensitive handwringing. My favorite part: Mexico shutting off its borders to massive American 'illigal immigration' in the face of disaster after disaster strikes. (PS if this is a spoiler for you after seeing the posters or trailers, too bad! c'mon, the Statue of Liberty gets wiped out on the posters, you're even out the parking lot) They could have taken a few ideas from Twister and got a better soundtrack or other disaster flicks that actually (Dirty Dozen) killed off main characters (no, the scotch toasters don't count) or saved up the 'final battle' scope instead of just ignoring the size of the disasters that they had created. I wasn't looking for scientific acuuracy, oscar worthy acting or justification of my world view, just a worthy escapist disaster flick. Judging by the line I should have held out for the 11:55 Harry Potter flick that all the little kids with a later curfew than I can pull off on school nights were lined up for. PS I luv Art Bell and in no way should this be a reflection on him (ask your conspiracy theory nerd, they'll know who). Expand
  91. JaredH.
    Jun 20, 2004
    This popsicle of a movie belongs in the back of the freezer where it will never be found again.
  92. Raheed
    Jun 17, 2004
    What a turkey!
  93. JonC.
    Jun 16, 2004
    UUUuuuggghhh!!! I want to shoot myself for having paid for this pathetic excuse of a summer movie!!! HORRRRRIIBBBBLE!!!!!
  94. ChantelD.
    Jun 15, 2004
    It is an awesome movie, I loved it a lot. I think it had a good storyline except it ended quite suddenly, I hope they make a sequel. Love me xoxo.
  95. CassandraD.
    Jun 14, 2004
    I loved this move and i loved Jake Gyllenhaal he was so cute.
  96. F.H.
    Jun 13, 2004
    Great.
  97. HarryT.
    Jun 12, 2004
    It is the Day after seeing Tomorrow and I still want to puke. You talk about an unsuspenseful movie with lame acting and directing, then you have come to the right flick. All those millions of dollars wasted on a lame story that simply makes no sense. It would have been better to watch this garbage if they had eliminated the dialogue. I give one point for the special effects.
  98. DrakeJ.
    Jun 11, 2004
    Great movie. great actors. great popcorn.
  99. GemmaC.
    Jun 11, 2004
    I think it is a great film, it's really intense. i really enjoyed it.

1. Reviewed by: Colin Kennedy
    Everybody is good at one thing, they say; for Emmerich, it's destruction.
  2. Reviewed by: Pete Vonder Haar
    The really good news is that the disaster money shots are some of the finest ever filmed.
    This highly entertaining spin on eco-catastrophe could turn the most meteorologically challenged among us into Weather Channel freaks.