6.6

1. Sep 27, 2013
    In a year where not many effective thrillers put all their cards on the table, The Debt is a sigh of relief. It is intelligent, and the way they did the flashback and present day was an interesting addition. Great acting, and good dramatic moments. This was actually a very thrilling movie.
  2. Jan 7, 2012
    Excellent...across the board. Intense and complex ... well executed, superb acting. Not sure if those who gave this a lower rating watched the same movie. It's a 10...hands down.
  3. Sep 18, 2011
    Very well made and acted, The Debt is a thriller with a definite European style and an intellectual point to make. Many thrillers skirt the issue of whether or not the "hero's" actions can be justified - whether the ends justify the means. This movie sets about the task of asking the question directly and provides an existential answer. There is true suspense in this film, and it isVery well made and acted, The Debt is a thriller with a definite European style and an intellectual point to make. Many thrillers skirt the issue of whether or not the "hero's" actions can be justified - whether the ends justify the means. This movie sets about the task of asking the question directly and provides an existential answer. There is true suspense in this film, and it is unrelenting. I was entirely engrossed. If you liked "Tell No One," you'll really like this. Expand
  4. Sep 17, 2011
    I put up with a disgusting theater and muffled voice track to finish this film. It was excellent. The back and forth in time wasn't confusing. The emotions the actor portrayed really showed through. The story was well told. Very well-done. Excited for the DVD.
  5. Sep 9, 2011
    One of the best movies I've seen in years. It had me on the edge of my seat but was much more than just an action flick. I really believed in and empathised with the characters. It drew me in to the point that I had to rush back to my computer to google it to find out if it was based on true events. 10 points!
  6. Sep 8, 2011
    It is a fairly long movie but it is full of action and suspension so you never get bored. Great play from the actors and beautiful decorations. Unlike Steven Spielberg's Munich the movie does not try to be judgmental but instead concentrates on the actual meaning of revenge. The movie is definitely not for small kids

1. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Sep 26, 2011
    A smart, tense, well-acted thriller undercut by a disappointing finale and an occasional lack of focus. But at least this offers something for those looking for a film with more on its mind than simple set-pieces.
  2. Reviewed by: Steve Persall
    Sep 7, 2011
    Christensen plays him with Lecter-like intensity; the unsettling calmness of someone capable of anything.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Sep 5, 2011
    As with Spielberg's "Munich," there is an awkward, irresoluble tension between the movie's urge to thrill and the weighty pull of the historical obligations that it seeks to assume. How much, to be blunt, should we be enjoying ourselves? What do we owe to The Debt? Whatever the sum, it is more than the film itself, gloomy with unease, seems able to repay.