tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. May 30, 2014
    The Den was an amazing experience, it's a film full of intensity and effective jump scares, one of the best found-footage films of the year, one of the best films of the year, very, very underrated, i just love this film and all the issues realted with the "Deep Web".
  2. Jun 3, 2014
    Consensus: The Den is an underrated horror masterpiece, extremely violent, filled with jump scares and tense situations related to the mysterious "Deep Web". 91/100 (A-)

Directed by Zachary Donohue, The Den is an underrated found-footage film of 2014. There are now a lot of found footage films, mostly of them are trashy. The Den is that rare, little and unfamous found-footage film that
    unusually works. I saw this film at night with the lights turned on. My sister was using her laptop beside me and she said me "Why are you jumping so much?" and then i said to her "I'm watching an horror film called The Den". This film is definitly the best found-footage film of the year and one of the best films of the year for me, i really don't care your **** opinion.

Horror is my favorite genre but horror films don't scare me at all, i just like the genre. The Den scared me so much, forget The Conjuring and The Exorcist, this was a real frightening experience. This is my kind of film, very impressive, very scary, epic and unforgettable. This film scared me so much that i almost die, i couldn't sleep that night, literally, i'm not a thirteen year-old girl!, this film is scary because all the situations that these characters experienced are real.

"The Den" is extremely violent and messes with you, you'll jump, you'll be entertained, This underrated gem is awesome. Elizabeth Benton (Melanie Papalia) logs onto a video-chat site known as the Den, on a mission to explore the habits of its users. During one of her random video-chats, Elizabeth watches in horror as a teenage girl is gruesomely murdered in front of her webcam. While the police dismiss it as a viral prank, Elizabeth believes what she saw is real and takes it upon herself to find the truth.

Its execution is impressive, it's a very entertaining film, for some people it's a bit silly and mediocre, i really don't understand all the people who dislike this little horror masterpiece. Horror genre need more films like The Den, because this film is modern and REAL, this film was inspired in a true story, have you even noticed?. The film is very different and very smart compared to all these new trashy found-footage films like (Mr. Jones, Alien Abduction, etc). The characters here are pretty likable and you care of them, the performances are excellent, Melanie Papalia, the protagonist, does a remarkable job here as the other performers. The direction, just WOW!, Stunning, vibrant, energic, mind-twisted, amazing. Very effective and entertaining film.

There are here a lot of violent, disturbing, epic and unforgettable scenes, the first act is creepy as hell and has some suspense. The second act is violent and filled with a lot of effective jump-scares. The third act is an explosion, lots of action, lots of violence, BOOM! (kinda remind me to Saw and Hostel in all the right ways). Watch this film in your computer, it's a full experience. Not perfect but close to it, It will blow your brains out.

The Den develops perfectly very important issues like the mysterious "deep web". One tip before you see this film, search on Google "Deep Web" then... see this film. Don't watch any trailer or read the full synopsis, just do this. You won't sleep. Visit my blog: www.memobosque.blogspot.mx Twitter: @MemoBosque

1. Reviewed by: Martin Tsai
    Mar 20, 2014
    Like many found-footage films before it, The Den never entirely suspends disbelief. It doesn't satisfyingly account for how the characters are producing all the footage.
  2. Reviewed by: Frank Scheck
    Mar 17, 2014
    This is the rare film that would actually seem even creepier watched from home on your computer, preferably alone to enhance its voyeuristic effect.
  3. Reviewed by: Susan Wloszczyna
    Mar 14, 2014
    At least it's admirable that Donohue manages to do almost all his shooting with either web cams, phone cams or surveillance cameras. But that does not translate into an entirely enjoyable viewing experience. Plus, there are almost no real shocks or scares to rattle you out of the stupor that inevitably develops from observing someone else fiddle with their laptop for much of the running time.