8.0

1. Sep 28, 2014
    One of the weakest movies of 2006.
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
  2. Jun 22, 2014
    I'm sorry but I find this film awfully overrated. It's overlong, overwritten and rushed. There are way too many characters which are left undeveloped. In fact the entire plot seemed way too McGuffin-y - serving just as an excuse to play with the characters. All the characters (apart from Dicaprio's who is the only person who undergoes some some sort of emotional transformation) are wooden, almost heartless at times. The relationship of Leo's and Farmiga's characters doesn't make an awful lot of sense and frankly was pointless. There seemed to be absolutely no chemistry. And Nicholson Again plays Nicholson. And the conclusion of simply killing everybody off is ridiculous.
    Scorsese's greatest and most artistic film is be Raging Bull. The Departed doesn't come anywhere close to it.
  3. Mar 31, 2012
    Uninteresting. It is very overrated. It is too bad that Marty won for this film when he clearly had better work that was overlooked. The accents seem so forced and the storyline is just another gangster film.
  4. Nov 10, 2010
    Apart from some great acting,there was almost nothing in the movie worth praise.The story was unnecessarily confusing and Scorsese didnt do well to omit that confusion.I was and am still surprsied why this movie won the oscar...???
  5. Oct 6, 2010
    This movie is pretty much an overrated remake of Infernal Affairs. When I first saw this movie I thought it would be AMAZING since it had won the oscar fo best picture and all. I was very disappointed and all I remember was mostly people saying the F word over and over again. Some parts of the movie tries to have crude humor but it fails miserably. Now I saw this movie before I saw the original infernal affairs I saw infernal affairs about a year after an thought the original was much much MUCH better. This movie lacks proper character development and we feel no emotion for the characters. The only thing better about this remake is the mob boss played by Jack Nicholson. This movie is WAY overrated and I really don't recomend watching it. I however can recomend watching the original movie. The orginal movie "Inferna Affairs" has what this movies missing(a heart). Expand

A new American crime classic from the legendary Martin Scorsese, whose talent shines here on its highest beams.
  2. A ferociously entertaining film.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    This reworking of a popular Hong Kong picture pulses with energy, tangy dialogue and crackling performances from a fine cast.