8.0

1. J.
    Oct 5, 2006
    Marty's best in 15 years, a blistering slow-burner of a movie. The final minutes are among the best ever in ANY movie. Don't miss it for the world!
  2. JimmyH
    Oct 6, 2006
    Phenomenal. Definitely as good (if not better) than Goodfellas.
  3. BlancoA.
    Oct 7, 2006
    Simply an outstanding film. If you like movies, you know what to do. I read recently the Jack Nicholson, more than any other actor in Hollywood, enjoys the craft of acting, and that is borne out in a big way in this film. And Leo is incredible. Freakin' incredible. Matt Damon plays Matt Damon, but his vanilla performance is not nearly enough to knock this down to a 9. If the film is Simply an outstanding film. If you like movies, you know what to do. I read recently the Jack Nicholson, more than any other actor in Hollywood, enjoys the craft of acting, and that is borne out in a big way in this film. And Leo is incredible. Freakin' incredible. Matt Damon plays Matt Damon, but his vanilla performance is not nearly enough to knock this down to a 9. If the film is not nomiated for a golden stiff, that show is more f-ed up than I already think it is. Whalberg, Winstone, Sheen - every supporting actor is phenomenal. I'm not going to reveal any plot points in this review, and I'd hate for people to spoil the experience of this film for others by doing so. Scorsese has created a worthy follow-up to Goodfellas. Again, you know what to do. Expand
  4. AmarT.
    Oct 8, 2006
    Gripping tense edge of the seat tale of mob vs the law. Otustanding starcast, story, screenplay and direction.
  5. BrendanW.
    Oct 9, 2006
    This movie is awesome on every level. Great directing, editing, music, and acting by a great cast. Movies don't get much better than this.
  6. PaulL.
    Jan 11, 2007
    So here's the crux. If you think Scorcese is one of the greatest filmmakers of our time and probably the best of the crime/mafia genre, then youl'll love this film because it's simply one of his best. If you don't, then you'll probably hate this film like you hate Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, and Casino.
  7. ChadN.
    Jan 19, 2007
    This movie is by far the best of the year. Best movie Scorcese has made since the classic Goodfellas! And I saw Babel and Dream Girls and it will be a tragedy if it doesn't win the academy award for best picture
  8. ChadeW.
    Apr 30, 2007
    The Departed- Leo's an enraged and violent cop infiltrating the mob, Matty-boy is a clean-slate gangster infiltrating the cops, Jackie Nickles is the puppet master with the strings on Matt, and Marky Mark is the foul-mouthed spotlight-stealer. This film was genius; from its perfect cast and amazing screenplay to the twisty-turny, edge-of-your-seat story, this film just rocks. The Departed- Leo's an enraged and violent cop infiltrating the mob, Matty-boy is a clean-slate gangster infiltrating the cops, Jackie Nickles is the puppet master with the strings on Matt, and Marky Mark is the foul-mouthed spotlight-stealer. This film was genius; from its perfect cast and amazing screenplay to the twisty-turny, edge-of-your-seat story, this film just rocks. It's a cool, yet hectic and chaotic look at the Boston Mafia. Tension ensues with each and every character, true-to-life events change the outlook everyone has on each-other, and fear of being caught is within every frame of this modern crime classic. From the shocking begining to the equally shocking (some may say confusing at first, but they get it sooner or later) and clap-worthy ending, The Departed never stops thrilling or teasing or shocking. Once you think it's over, its sooo far from it. A fantastic piece of cinima and one of my favorite movies of the 21st century. Expand
  9. JB
    May 29, 2007
    Cracking bit of cinema, from opening speach to breathless ending. Superb acting, superb direction and top class casting. deserving of all plaudits it has received and more.
  10. SimonM.
    Sep 3, 2007
    Marty does it again!! and I really really hate DeCaprio (this is baseless old fashioned, old school unreasoning hate, like a clan member but instead of ethnic groups I hate the beautiful people who get to eat cheese burgers off of super model asses!)
  11. DanD.
    Nov 10, 2006
    One of the best I've seen in the past two years. EASILLY better than Crash, and that won a bunch of awards. Many great stars, each in which is probably my favorite of their roles in a long time.
  12. Tonydannie
    Oct 10, 2006
    An A-List Cast, Great Score, Great Photography and Scorsese is in top form. This is A must see!
  13. MikeC.
    This Is THE BEST MOVIE OF THIS YEAR and I hope Eastwood doesn
  14. BruceR
    Oct 12, 2006
    Just walked out of this picture with a huge smile on my face. Absolutely loved it, on all levels. First time I've ever enjoyed watching Leo. Every member of the cast was absolutely terrific.
  15. KoreyW.
    Oct 10, 2006
    Awesome movie!! The acting was great, but the story was even better. You never know how the movie is going to end. Good feeling when watching a movie.
  16. JordanC
    Oct 16, 2006
    Excellent movie, highly recommend.
  17. MattO.
    Oct 10, 2006
    Completely entertaining from credit to credit. Usually, a cast with this many all-stars tends to be disappointing, but everyone was absolutely on top of their game for this one. Once again, Scorsese is king of the mountain.
  18. JoeB.
    Oct 20, 2006
    To say this is the best film of the year would be insulting it in a sea of garbage. It is a GREAT movie. Period. Great cast, great script, great Scorcese, A film for adults. What a novelty!
  19. GB
    Oct 20, 2006
    Gorgeous, great actors, amazing direction.
  20. RandyL
    Oct 30, 2006
    Fabulous. I'd like to ask Jack how long he practiced for the rat face scene... I mean.. the crew that shot that scene must have doubled up laughing... it's just unforgettable. This movie doesn't quite reach Cuckoo's Nest but dang it's close!
  21. ColleenD.
    Oct 5, 2006
    This is what filmmaking has been trying to get at for the past few years. A piece that grabs you from the first scene and plays your emotions with mastery until the last frame.
  22. LucyR.
    Oct 5, 2006
    By far, one of the best movies of the year. My favorite Scorsese movie since Goodfellas. The first one this year with a great cast that did not disappoint.
  23. LaurenceC.
    Awesome. Well-acted. Well-written. Better than Casino or Goodfellas
  24. AnnM.
    Oct 6, 2006
    One of the best films I have seen, ever. DiCaprio was the best in an cast of great actors.
  25. StephenI.
    Oct 6, 2006
    WOW mind-blowing, amazing, and etc. One of my favorite movies of all time. Give Scorsese the Oscar he deserves!
  26. Lynn
    Oct 6, 2006
    Wow wow wow. If this doesn't earn Scorsese an Oscar, nothing ever will.
  27. NathanT.
    Oct 6, 2006
    I don't want to jinx anything, but my gut tells me that Scorcese's long overdue Oscar is imminent with this instant classic of a film that is his best since "Goodfellas." The film on which it was based on, the 2003 Chinese police thriller "Infernal Affairs" was an excellent film; this is a great one. It doesn't arrive at greatness by way of perfection (neither did the I don't want to jinx anything, but my gut tells me that Scorcese's long overdue Oscar is imminent with this instant classic of a film that is his best since "Goodfellas." The film on which it was based on, the 2003 Chinese police thriller "Infernal Affairs" was an excellent film; this is a great one. It doesn't arrive at greatness by way of perfection (neither did the occasionally sprawling "Goodfellas"), but it gets there by being alive, thrilling, and gleefully politically incorrect. In a year that can, with a few exceptions (like "Half Nelson", "United 93", and "A Prairie Home Companion"), only be described as disappointing, Scorcese reemerges to show us how it's done. Bravo. Expand
  28. AllisonF.
    Oct 6, 2006
    A classic gangster movie.
  29. ShawnM.
    Oct 8, 2006
    Scorsese and the genre at their absolute best. There is no reason for anyone to miss this movie.
  30. Phil
    Oct 8, 2006
    Excellent, the first movie in a long time that was well worth the ticket price.
  31. Me
    Oct 9, 2006
    Really good movie. Complex and riveting.
  32. Moveigoer
    Oct 9, 2006
    Brilliant, eye-popping, scalding dialog, twisting absorbing plot, excrutiating tension building to a jaw-dropping finale. Performances: Nominations for Best Picture, Director, Actor(s) DeCaprio, Damon, Best Supporting: Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg. Jack is a bit over the top (but don't we want him to be) Leo is in fine form--but it is Matt Damon that steals the movie out from under them Brilliant, eye-popping, scalding dialog, twisting absorbing plot, excrutiating tension building to a jaw-dropping finale. Performances: Nominations for Best Picture, Director, Actor(s) DeCaprio, Damon, Best Supporting: Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg. Jack is a bit over the top (but don't we want him to be) Leo is in fine form--but it is Matt Damon that steals the movie out from under them all. He may win Best Actor for his best perf yet. Also Mark Wahlberg for best supporting actor with his brilliant venomous & profane outburts that scald your ears and the screen with their intensity. You will gasp and squirm as Scorcese the master tightens the screws. Will he finally get a Best Director nod? I think so. Expand
  33. JayK.
    Oct 9, 2006
    DiCaprio gives one of the best performances of his career in this film. Nicholson gives a very "creepy" performances (a very good thing!), and Damon continues to get much better roles than Ben Affleck. If you are a Scorsese fan you CANNOT be disappointed.
  34. Robert
    Superbly entertaining.
  35. WilliamsJ.
    Best Movie of 2006! It really should win best picture! I haven
  36. JustinG.
    Nov 5, 2007
    It seems as if the Christian fundies have invaded this site. This film is truly one of my favorite films, ever. A true gangster film, with a great story, great acting, and overall an exceptional film.
  37. VictoriaS.
    Jan 8, 2007
    An absolutely wonderful, completely enthralling, movie-movie, "The Departed" is by far the most purely enjoyable Scorcese movie since "Raging Bull." With delightfully crackling and often extremely funny dialogue, beautifully realized details and superb acting, it creates a fascinating world, gripping until the last, deservedly silly, moment. Included is the best Jack Nicholson performance An absolutely wonderful, completely enthralling, movie-movie, "The Departed" is by far the most purely enjoyable Scorcese movie since "Raging Bull." With delightfully crackling and often extremely funny dialogue, beautifully realized details and superb acting, it creates a fascinating world, gripping until the last, deservedly silly, moment. Included is the best Jack Nicholson performance in years, and the absolute best work ever from Mark Wahlberg, far from his usual diffidence in a dynamic supporting role. Too long, by at least a half-hour, this is still the type of movie that reminds you of how magical movies can be. Expand
  38. OladeleB.
    Feb 16, 2007
    A very easy 10 because everything about this movie works. I dont know about the old version cos I havent seen it, but this version is relevant now. I guess Josh G is one of those type of people who has to be spoon fed to get the Plot. The brown envelope is the reason Walhberg wacked Damon... Put it together, it's really that simple.
  39. JamieB.
    Feb 17, 2007
    Twenty years from now it will be a definitive work from Scorsese.
  40. Soco
    Feb 24, 2007
    Excellent movie. Very intense and thrilling.
  41. SacheP.
    Mar 4, 2008
    One of the all time great films, - not Scorsese at his best but Scorsese's best.
  42. caporegime
    Jun 10, 2009
    Great movie. This puts the Irish gangsters more fierce and unpredictable than the Italian gangsters today.
  43. KeithP
    Sep 12, 2009
    This is a great movie. I can see why it won the Academy Award for Best Picture. The actors in this movie did their roles well.
  44. ERMan
    Sep 5, 2009
    The most successful movie following the infamous GoodFellows. Filled with a brilliant cast from the main characters like Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, and Mark Wahlberg to top actors with very few scenes like Alec Baldwin. The Departed is a bloody violent suspense. Keeping the viewer entertained with the amazing acting and compelling srory, which will be keeping you at The most successful movie following the infamous GoodFellows. Filled with a brilliant cast from the main characters like Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, and Mark Wahlberg to top actors with very few scenes like Alec Baldwin. The Departed is a bloody violent suspense. Keeping the viewer entertained with the amazing acting and compelling srory, which will be keeping you at the edge of your seat by plot twists that I never saw coming. A true action packed thriller that is more than worth your money. I highly recommend The Departed, which the critics are crazy about. See this movie!!! Expand
  45. JoaoP.
    Nov 13, 2006
    I'll only say this: The most accomplished work of movie directing that i saw. Ever. Martin Scorcese the best director ever.
  46. JamesG.
    Simply awesome.
  47. AndreaM
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great cast, great movie, great story, and funny.
  48. NickG.
    Nov 24, 2006
    Brutally invigorating. The perfect film...Nicholson's monologue is superb. A lock for a Best Picture nomination.
  49. Giterdone
    Oct 12, 2006
    Wow....without a doubt the best film of the year. Acting by everyone was absolutely outstanding, particularly Leo. Gripping, suspenseful, violent, humorous....this film has it all. To those users who gave this movie anything less than a 7, please do the world a favor and toss yourself off a bridge, cause you are the type of people that will not allow yourself to enjoy or appreciate Wow....without a doubt the best film of the year. Acting by everyone was absolutely outstanding, particularly Leo. Gripping, suspenseful, violent, humorous....this film has it all. To those users who gave this movie anything less than a 7, please do the world a favor and toss yourself off a bridge, cause you are the type of people that will not allow yourself to enjoy or appreciate anything in life. Expand
  50. VamsiK.
    Nov 26, 2006
    I think it will be the best movie of 2006. If you haven
  51. MaganYusuf
    Nov 3, 2006
    Martin Scorsese, you're a genuis. This film is simply superb. Everyone brought their best game, especially DiCaprio. Simply amazing!
  52. SarahK.
    Oct 15, 2006
    Excellent, definitely not your formulaic cop/mob movie. Loved it, very unique.
  53. AdarshB
    Nov 9, 2006
    Must Watch Movie for all GANG-WARS loving audience!
  54. AnonymousMC
    Oct 24, 2006
    His best movie since Goodfellas.
  55. JimM
    Oct 25, 2006
    WOW! This is the MUST SEE movie of the year. You won't believe the ending.
  56. AaronM.
    Oct 28, 2006
    This movie is exciting, thrilling, and even quite funny. All the characters were fantastic, especially Jack Nicholson. See this movie!
    A instant classic
  58. RJS.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Everything seemed Oscar worthy, from the cinematography, to editing, to the screenplay, acting, score, everything. The film is so well crafted that at almost 3 hours long, it doesn't seem to matter, and you even expect more. I never had so much fun and disgust with a crime movie in years. Definitely the best movie of the year so far.
  59. RobA.
    Awesome.
  60. BillyI.
    Oct 6, 2006
    You can add one more title to an already lengthy list for The Best Martin Scorsese Movie ever. There are many justified arguments in favor of The Departed, in which Mr Scorsese returns to the genre that he already owns- the crime drama. After waiting 30 years, we are blessed with the pairing of Jack Nicholson in a film by Martin Scorsese, and was it ever worth the wait. Just when you You can add one more title to an already lengthy list for The Best Martin Scorsese Movie ever. There are many justified arguments in favor of The Departed, in which Mr Scorsese returns to the genre that he already owns- the crime drama. After waiting 30 years, we are blessed with the pairing of Jack Nicholson in a film by Martin Scorsese, and was it ever worth the wait. Just when you thought you'd seen Nicholson in every possible role, you get him in his most vile, reprehensible character yet, and once again he's perfect. In fact, everyone is perfect. Dicaprio has shed his boy wonder image and gives the most emotionally mature performance of his career, and Matt Damon holds his own in a film dripping with talent. The cinematography, editing and score all add to the brilliance of this film, but above all, it is a film by... and that's all you need to know. Expand
  61. GeoffR.
    Oct 6, 2006
    INCREDIBLE!! The star studded cast definitely delivered this time. It was mesmerizing and exciting the entire time!
  62. WilliamB.
    Oct 6, 2006
    Great movie, a little bit too much violence at the end, but I think every adult should see this movie in the fall.
  63. Kurt
    Oct 7, 2006
    As good as crime drama gets!
  64. JM.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Stop reading the reviews and go watch the movie! Great, great film.
  65. Patrick
    Oct 9, 2006
    An absolutely outstanding movie in every sense of the word. The acting, script, soundtrack, casting, etc. were all incredible. There wasn't a single "dragging" part in the entire movie. I would absolutely rank this as one of the 2-3 best movies I've EVER seen. It is simply a work of art, and anyone that gives it below a phenomenal score has no idea what they're talking An absolutely outstanding movie in every sense of the word. The acting, script, soundtrack, casting, etc. were all incredible. There wasn't a single "dragging" part in the entire movie. I would absolutely rank this as one of the 2-3 best movies I've EVER seen. It is simply a work of art, and anyone that gives it below a phenomenal score has no idea what they're talking about. Like others have said, this is the best movie of 2006. If this doesn't sweep the Oscars, the shit is rigged. Collapse
  66. ToddK.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Possibly the best movie since Raging Bull.
  67. BradleyT.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Thrilling, airtight crime suspense with a failsafe premise that works despite Nicholson's over-the-top performance.
  68. TG
    Jan 31, 2007
    A classic. Great storytelling keeps you guessing what's going to happen next. Great acting, great dialog. Scorsese's best film since Goodfellas.
  69. RoL.
    Feb 13, 2007
    In spite of excessive violence and profanity, this is the best movie I have seen in a long long time.
  70. ColinS.
    Feb 13, 2007
    Phenomenal movie, one of the best films in a decade at least. Wahlberg is phenomenal, as are Damon and DiCaprio. The movie gets better every time I watch it.
  71. KevinZ.
    Feb 17, 2007
    This movie is a must see! You get a taste of two sides of a story and i would agree everything works and is well put together. The movie throws out an unexpecting ending that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
  72. DawanR.
    Feb 17, 2007
    How whiny are we fans when the rating says that critics like The Departed better than we do? It's a good fucking movie! The acting was brilliant, and so was the action, and so was the dialogue. This movie could also win Best Picture. You guys are so whiny, you still forget that this is still one of the greatest movies of our decade, but you wouldn't even be able to pick it out How whiny are we fans when the rating says that critics like The Departed better than we do? It's a good fucking movie! The acting was brilliant, and so was the action, and so was the dialogue. This movie could also win Best Picture. You guys are so whiny, you still forget that this is still one of the greatest movies of our decade, but you wouldn't even be able to pick it out if you could. Go to film class and start studying movies, and why they are classics, because you wouldn't tell apart The War of Worlds from the Godfather. Expand
  73. CharltonP.
    Feb 25, 2007
    It's about time. I thought I'd have to give up watching movies altogether. Only a fool could dislike this movie.
  74. EdJ.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Love this movie. This movie is for ballers, and intellectuals. If you ain't a balla nor an intellectual, than this movie just isn't for you. Love how they represent the Boston accents, and DiCaprio, Damon, Wahlberg, and Nicholson were awesome in it. West Wing's Martin Sheen and Antonio Anderson were also good in the movie. I highly recommend this to everyone I know! Go see it.
  75. KristinaK.
    Feb 28, 2007
    A brilliant film with great acting/casting, and amazing storyline directed by Martin Scorsese, who made his best film probably since Goodfellas or Raging Bull. An all around well deserved Oscar for best Director and best Picture. This is the Boston version of the Godfather of the new millenium, and rocked my world from the beginning to the last drop. I hope there is a sequel, because this A brilliant film with great acting/casting, and amazing storyline directed by Martin Scorsese, who made his best film probably since Goodfellas or Raging Bull. An all around well deserved Oscar for best Director and best Picture. This is the Boston version of the Godfather of the new millenium, and rocked my world from the beginning to the last drop. I hope there is a sequel, because this movie rocks. Expand
  76. JimmyS.
    Feb 28, 2007
    The movie shines through with its bleak realism, gratuitous violence and witty dialogue. DiCaprio and Wahlberg do an excellent job. The stellar cast and the genius of Scorsese gives this film a nice slice of life. Great care has been made to give Boston-esque accents, which gives the film a gripping authenticity. Overall a well-deserved winner of Best Picture, much better than previous The movie shines through with its bleak realism, gratuitous violence and witty dialogue. DiCaprio and Wahlberg do an excellent job. The stellar cast and the genius of Scorsese gives this film a nice slice of life. Great care has been made to give Boston-esque accents, which gives the film a gripping authenticity. Overall a well-deserved winner of Best Picture, much better than previous years when Chicago and The Hours won, movies that were just too boring (the Hours) or centered around an unlikeable character (chicago) who cheats on her husband and tries to make you sympathize, but gets away with it. The grittiest film to date since City of God. I love this film, and it was well-deserving of winning Best Picture. Expand
  77. JohanS.
    Feb 28, 2007
    Great film, plot, acting, everything.
  78. Soco
    Feb 28, 2007
    Excellent movie. Very intense and thrilling.
  79. NanH.
    Mar 13, 2007
    Good story, great acting and well worth seeing! This movie was full of twists and turns. Keeps you on your toes! You never know what will happen next. Very unpredictable. One of DiCaprio's best acting roles by far.
  80. PierreC.
    Mar 2, 2007
    This movie was so good, that it will make you wet pants with joy.
  81. J.IgnacioM.
    Mar 25, 2007
    ...I was skeptical to watch this movie....the story line did not interest me....and did not hear anyone raving about it....But I watched it on DVD a month after the Oscars....I was surprised by the contents...the complexity of the story...the direction of the film was great.....this was a very difficult film to do.....specially with an all-star acting team on board......so that said.....I...I was skeptical to watch this movie....the story line did not interest me....and did not hear anyone raving about it....But I watched it on DVD a month after the Oscars....I was surprised by the contents...the complexity of the story...the direction of the film was great.....this was a very difficult film to do.....specially with an all-star acting team on board......so that said.....I was very impressed with the fim......a winner!!!! Expand
  82. GeraldB.
    Apr 13, 2007
    There may be one or two overripe red herrings in the last reel of The Departed, but Scorsese has made a rooted movie about a city's roots being torn up. He brings the fear back into things going bang in the night.
  83. PashaL.
    Apr 13, 2007
    Scorsese returns to his gangster roots and knocks it out of the park. Leo really lets loose and proves he is one of the best actors working today. Matt, Alec and Jack are all spectacular as well
  84. CocoR.
    Apr 13, 2007
    I think this is one of the best mob movies in awhile. Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jack Nicholson give out very strong and relistic character strength.
  85. ArtofReason
    Apr 29, 2007
    A very well acted and well directed film, with some scenes that will stick in my mind (and gut) for a very long time. An absolutely outstanding movie in every sense of the word. The acting, script, soundtrack, casting, etc. were all incredible. There wasn't a single "dragging" part in the entire movie. I would absolutely rank this as one of the 2-3 best movies I've EVER seen. It A very well acted and well directed film, with some scenes that will stick in my mind (and gut) for a very long time. An absolutely outstanding movie in every sense of the word. The acting, script, soundtrack, casting, etc. were all incredible. There wasn't a single "dragging" part in the entire movie. I would absolutely rank this as one of the 2-3 best movies I've EVER seen. It is simply a work of art. Expand
  86. SeamusO.
    Apr 29, 2007
    The best movie hands down. Great acting, great authenticity of the scenes, believable accents, every thing. And I am Irish.
  87. JM
    Apr 29, 2007
    Great character development, I was wrong, and have developed so much respect for the people who raved about the film. Great casting, acting, soundtrack, action scenes. I am an idiot who does not know the art of good films or a gangsta drama. I would give this an 80, but I do believe this should receive a higher grade than a 77. A 78 at least. That's why I give it a 10.
  88. BillyI.
  89. MikeS.
    May 4, 2007
    Stunning in what it is, simply. Anyone doubting its subtle brilliance is trying too hard.
  90. NickA.
    Jun 29, 2007
    Martin Scorcese is among the most influential, masterfully-gifted film directors of all time. He
  91. joem.
    Jul 12, 2007
    Absolutely AMAZING!!! breathtaking and interesting and I luuuved the ending! 10/10
  92. BarryA.
    Sep 9, 2007
    One of the best movies I have ever seen! It keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. The actings fantastic, the music is great. This movie is thrilling, unpredictable, and amazing!
  93. chrish
    Jul 8, 2008
    An absolute masterpiece. From the beginning to the end i was captivated by the story and how the 2 worlds collided in a big way. I cannot understand what there is to not like about this movie. Also, there is talk of a sequel to this movie.
  94. JohnnyC.
    Sep 1, 2008
    The envelope contained the tapes that showed how Matt Damon's character had connections with the mob.
  95. DanO
    Oct 11, 2006
    Easily the best film of 2006, if a movie could beat out this one in the Oscar run I would be shocked. The movie was fantastic, the acting was amazing everyone was top notch, no one missed a step. It was a brutal and shocking movie that would make you jump out of your seat at times, yet there are also times when you
  96. KjartanA.
    Nov 15, 2006
    It left me in a catatonic state for 2 hours after. Di Caprio is fantastic in this movie.
  97. FrankZ.
    Nov 16, 2006
    Amazing story, great acting. Can't ask for more than that.
  98. AlbinoL.
    Nov 19, 2006
    The BEST movie I've seen in 2006 by far!! Characters are more fleshed out and developed than Infernal Affairs. Someone give Scorsese his long overdue Oscar!!
  99. JeffreyF.
    Oct 12, 2006
    There are extraordinary performances in all major roles. Martin Scorsese draws much more from many of his actors than they have ever displayed previously.
  100. BillyJ.
    Oct 12, 2006
    Scorsese at his best. Very professional, and perhaps the most perfect "cops and robbers" movie ever made.

A new American crime classic from the legendary Martin Scorsese, whose talent shines here on its highest beams.
  2. A ferociously entertaining film.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    This reworking of a popular Hong Kong picture pulses with energy, tangy dialogue and crackling performances from a fine cast.