8.2

1. chw
    Jul 17, 2014
    The Departed is absolutely the best movie by director Martin Scorsese (in my opinion). There was never a dull moment during the 152 minutes you'd use to watch this film.
  2. Jun 16, 2014
    A truly drama, crime thriller masterpiece in which cops and criminals struggle to find out the mole inside their own forces in an attempt to finish their businesses smoothly. While Billy Costigan gradually loses his former personality due to playing the character of a criminal for too long, Colin Sullivan works on a new plan to both get rid of his boss, "godfather" Frank Costello and the informer who has infiltrated Frank's gang. I was a bit disappointed by the end of the film; Billy died trying to avenge the death of his captain, Queenan. But I still think the movie is great because Sergeant Dignam, eventually, successfully kills Colin as a worthy punishment of this smart-street criminal. Wonderful flick that i would recommend to anyone looking for a crime blockbuster Expand
  3. TEM
    May 21, 2014
    My favorite film of all time. Leonardo DiCaprio delivers his best performance which is saying a great deal considering all the great performances he has delivered. Martin Scorsese is at his best and leads an all star cast through an amazingly perfect story. From beginning to end this movie never slows down or sees a dull moment.
  4. May 14, 2014
    great movie, suspenseful great plot the acting in this this is great flawless performances by everyone this movie stays interesting the character development was great. worth buying a copy of 9/10
  5. Jan 7, 2014
    Como um amigo havia dito, OS INFILTRADOS uma aula de cinema em todos os sentidos.
  6. Jan 2, 2014
    One of the greatest movies I've ever seen. The plot behind this movie portrays Whitey Bulger which makes the movie interesting. When I saw that Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio and Mark Wahlberg were in this movie I knew I had to see it. I was blown away at how amazing this movie was. This is number two on my favorite movies of all time (Argo is my favorite movie!) IF you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend you to watch this movie. It will be an intense experience. Expand
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    The Departed is astonishing.
    Incredible acting performances from Damon, Di-caprio, and Nicholas matched with top quality direction from Martin Scorsese. An unbelievably great plot with excitement and twists to leave you speechless.
  8. Nov 12, 2013
    Despite the film's last act misstep, the movie's worth watching just for the journey. Scorsese remains a master, and he's working his finest magic here. He refuses to fall into the usual pitfalls of the gangster drama, and continues to find completely new nuances in genres that others have already mined nearly to death. Cops versus killers has been done to the point of improbability, but in front of Marty's lens it's a brand new game. It's not quite the masterpiece that some of this other recent films like The Aviator and Bringing Out the Dead have been, but The Departed is a work of strong vision and sharp personality. Expand
  9. Oct 14, 2013
    This is a criminal drama with a very strong storyline (which do not have many twists, every episode logically flows into the next one), good number of bright characters played by outstanding actors. I'd say the movie does not have a lot of action in it, but you feel that psychological tension and wait for something cruel to happen around the next corner.
  10. Sep 15, 2013
    I can't shake the feeling of how much this movie reminds me of "Goodfellas".

The Departed is a slam-bam thriller, exceeding my expectations, which were already very high. The way Scorcese moves between scenes and plays this movie up is genius.

The script is excellent, providing rich dialogue to move the gripping story along, and the cinematography is just wonderful. The angles and
    style of filming that Martin Scorcese is famous for emanates here, shining brighter than films of kin.

The acting is just amazing, with a star-studded cast that delivers the goods, and then some. I enjoyed Matt Damon in the title roll, and Leonardo DiCaprio trails right behind him. Jack Nicholson brings charisma to the roll of Frank Costello, and executes with Oscar-worthy style. I especially liked Mark Wahlberg and Alec Baldwin's loose cannon-like characters. They provided a stunning edge to an already sharp blade of a film.

I can go on and on about everything else that is good in this movie, how it all clicks together, but I suggest you watch it for yourself if you haven't already, and find out what all the hype is about! I would give it more than 100 if I could.
  11. Sep 13, 2013
    Jam-packed with excellent performances from an utterly stacked cast, well written characters, in-depth and genius plot, a blood-boiling climax, and possibly the greatest ending given to any film. The only downsides are that some parts tend to drag on, but the overall experience is phenomenal.
  12. Aug 20, 2013
    Scorsese scores again with this intense crime thriller. Truly Scorsese's best mobster film since "Goodfellas". It's filled with fantastic acting, great screenplay and an intriguing story. Overall, it's a Scorsese film with a bit more pizazz. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  13. Jul 11, 2013
    Riveting suspense and brilliant storytelling describe this masterpiece. I watched this movie only for Leonardo DiCaprio but felt like Damon, Nicholson and Wahlberg acted on the same level if not better. The music was captivating. The psychiatrist subplot felt a bit contrived but it shed so much light on Costigan's character that I didn't really care. I would accept it as coincidence if the result is this brilliant. Expand
  14. Jun 22, 2013
    Just a fantastic film. Each and every actor does such a marvelous job and the movie leaves you wanting more, which is the key reason why this is a 10. The end was great, but yet, I still want more. I'm almost sad that the movie is over. Highly recommend. Fantastic film.
  15. Jun 12, 2013
    A mesmerizing film with an excellent ensemble cast. It is certainly Martin Scorsese's best, along with his films "Taxi Driver", "Raging Bull" and "Goodfellas". Don't miss this film.
  16. May 21, 2013
    An excellent film with an outstanding cast brilliant direction and genius writing and a spectacular ending. This is one of the finest films of Scorsese since Goodfellas & Taxi Driver.
  17. May 4, 2013
    Martin Scorsece's best film, by far. One of my favorite movies, the entire cast knocked it out of the park, especially Jack Nicholson. Scorcese's best film since Goodfellas.
  18. Apr 14, 2013
    The Departed is phenomenal to say the least. And I don't throw that word around lightly either. The story is great and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Scorsese is at his absolute finest with this film. DiCaprio gives a stellar performance as rookie "cop" Billy Costigan. Jack Nicholson was the perfect casting for Frank Costello and Martin Sheen and Mark Wahlberg are a great duo. Not to forget Matt Damon who is excellent as always. Writing: great. Casting: great. Dialogue: great. Acting: great. Cinematography: great. If you want to watch an all around solid film that will keep you guessing and waiting, this is the film to watch. Expand
  19. Mar 23, 2013
    As said Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. is a new American crime classic from the legendary Martin Scorsese, whose talent shines here in its highest beams.
    This film is a true masterpiece of Mr. Scorsese, if you know the amazing movie direct a police-criminal in addition to adapt a script to give us a glorious orgasm film called The Departed.
    The story development only increases all the
    virtues that contains this tape, to reach a final height of the circumstances because he has all the elements to declare it as the movie of 2006.
    It's not just the plot (what script!), Is the atmosphere, the tension, the fast pace, the harshness, hardness and action, great performances. Any meeting of the leadership quality in the acting and how to bring such a complex history.
    In this film should not only nominated, but rewarding in all the glorious prize Starring Leonardo Dicaprio because now if I can achieve much more than majestual, really epic, clear that Jack Nicholson is like a fish in the water doing what she likes be a perfect bastard, at home and in their actions.
    Damon also does very well, shows us that we can give a good taste in their movies and last but not least the myriad of side is superb: from Mark Wahlberg Martin Sheen, all make this film is (or at least should) be remembered for raising so much wasted talent.
    Undoubtedly, one of the best films of the decade 2000.
  20. Mar 9, 2013
    Though I hate to admit its not Scorsese's greatest work, The Departed is thrilling and shocking at many levels, leaving in hints of humor and just flat out what the hell is gonna happen next.
  21. Feb 14, 2013
    Scorsese made again a masterpiece that blow you're mind. Everything on this movie is smart, the story, the cast, and the characters. Good story and an unexpected end. Very good movie.
  22. Feb 2, 2013
    "I don't want to be product of my environment..I want my environment to be a product of me". Not only were these the first words uttered in this fantastic piece of cinema, but they are words that Martin Scorsese has lived and filmed by for his illustrious career.
    The Departed is another gold star on an almost flawless report for the director. He utilises superb story-telling, wonderfully
    diverse characters with exploding personalities and enough profanity to curl the greasiest of hairs, its not just the dark side of crime, its also the darkest side of the law.
    A remake of Hong Kong film 'Internal Affairs', we see mob supremo Frank Costello (Jack Nicholson) luring young Colin Sullivan (Matt Damon) to a life of crime to the end of him graduating from police academy and infiltrating the Massachusetts State Police, but Billy Costigan (Leonardo DiCaprio) is playing the same game, being asked by Captain Queenan (Martin Sheen) and Sergeant Dignam (Mark Whalberg) of the SIU unit within the police, to infiltrate Costellos gang due to his families ties wthin the mob.
    What follows is a truly dangerous game, asking the audience just how much you can handle while under this much pressure.
    Every star in this 149 minute show puts in an Oscar worthy performance, whether it me Whalbergs fantastically profanity-laced speeches, Alec Baldwin fast-paced speaking, Sheen's cold-hearted stance against the criminals he hunts ('Any of you mugs got a light") or whether it is the almost psychotic Nicholson who improvised a complete scene in this movie, but its perhaps the two centred performers who steal the show, Damon is and easy going within the police force, while Dicaprio is fearing for his life every single day he infiltrates.
    Scorsese does an excellent job telling an almost even side to each story, but it is ultimately down to the fast paced story and cat and mouse near-misses that set this film up as one of the greatest of the decade, the performances in particular set it apart from other dramas of the same genre.
    One Scorsese picture that cannot be forgotten
  23. Jan 28, 2013
    This movies is just amazing, Is on the pantheon with Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas. Take your breath away and amazing performances. Well deserved the Oscar!! And off course one of the best films of 2000s.
  24. Jan 22, 2013
    An absolute masterpiece from director Martin Scorsese. Probably one of the most tense, edge-of-your seat thrillers ever made. The performances from Leonardo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, and Matt Damon really add a lot to the suspense, too.
  25. Nov 7, 2012
    Scorsese's The Departed is a new American crime classic. Every aspect of the film flows together so easily from the first frame to when the credits roll, making it compulsively watchable.
  26. Oct 15, 2012
    The Departed heralds Martin Scorsese's return to the top of his game and simultaneously secures for the film a place in the pantheon of the very best of American crime cinema. Welcome back to Scorsese's mean streets.
  27. Sep 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 'The Departed' is another Scorsese masterpiece. The film's clever and full of twists. The acting is top-notch from everyone, the cast is also brilliant. The story is engaging and entertaining, I didn't even get bored, considering the runtime.
    My only issue is the runtime of the film, I mean I was engaged througout and it was great but it's not a film that can be watched whenever you want. Still overall I couldn't recommend 'The Departed' enough, it's just brilliant.
  28. Jul 8, 2012
    This is a great movie for anyone who likes a good entertaining movie. The way the story lines fit together was great, and the ending was amazing, I would suggest this to anyone who likes a good action movie.
  29. Jun 23, 2012
    The Departed is a masterpiece: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson are wonderful together. And I'm Shipping Up To Boston is a wonderful song for a soundtrack.
  30. Jun 10, 2012
    Brilliant. Absolutely amazing. An intense, thrilling plot with GREAT acting. It had twists that I didn't see coming and had been on the edge of my seat. A truly great film.

A new American crime classic from the legendary Martin Scorsese, whose talent shines here on its highest beams.
  2. A ferociously entertaining film.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    This reworking of a popular Hong Kong picture pulses with energy, tangy dialogue and crackling performances from a fine cast.