2.6

1. Jan 6, 2012
    Just Ignore the negative reviews. They are probably the same individuals that give Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 1/2 stars and give this movie a zero. I am a horror fan. I am generally not scared at movies these days. Movies like the typical Halloween slashing genre do nothing for me. My rating of The Devil Inside is based on similar genre of devil or exorcists movies. With the classicJust Ignore the negative reviews. They are probably the same individuals that give Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 1/2 stars and give this movie a zero. I am a horror fan. I am generally not scared at movies these days. Movies like the typical Halloween slashing genre do nothing for me. My rating of The Devil Inside is based on similar genre of devil or exorcists movies. With the classic The Exorcists being the golden bar of devil movies, I have seen most every other exorcist related movies. I would put this movie (Devil Inside) at number 2 behind "the Exorcist." It is better than the Last Exorcism, much better than are the sequels (Prequels) to the Exorcist, better than Exorcisim of Emily Rose, and most recently The Rite. The movie stars slow and feeds the viewer in morsels until the awesome climax toward the end. The characters are likable with the exception of the camera guy. Good acting performance from all. There were several scenes that made me squirm in my seat. Many disturbing scenes. This is the type of movie where you will be glad to live with someone you trust and not alone. It is one of those movies that will stay with you. My guess is the negative reviews are from some people who are anti-Judeo Christian or anti-Catholicism. There is no way this movie is less than 7/10. I liked the ending as it was unexpected and different. This movie was better than expected and I recommend it be seen in the theatres. Go see it if you like this type of genre. Expand
  2. Mar 5, 2012
    Best scary movie out there since Insidious! It does a good job of making you believe these characters are real and they are possessed by some kind of devil. The ending is good as well despite what others may have you believe. Packed with a ton of scary moments and makes you think that exorcism could actually be real, even though its not. Has more true scary moments(not false ones where aBest scary movie out there since Insidious! It does a good job of making you believe these characters are real and they are possessed by some kind of devil. The ending is good as well despite what others may have you believe. Packed with a ton of scary moments and makes you think that exorcism could actually be real, even though its not. Has more true scary moments(not false ones where a cat jumped down from a table or crap like that) than the woman in black, innkeepers, and paranormal 3 combined. Even the main girl in the movie is decent to look at Expand
  3. Mar 12, 2012
    Up there with REC. I've seen quite a few exorcism movies. This is one of my favorites. I have no idea why it gets such a terrible review from critics while terrible movies like Dead Girl get a 65. That was trash.
  4. Sep 14, 2012
    Don't know why all the negative reviews, this movie is scary and these type of things usually don't scare me cuz They are not Real, the best horror movie of the year, the doc portions seem real, not fake and stupid like paranomal 1 and 2 or blair witch, this is nothing like that, worth giving a shot, i say 8 out of ten but because people being ignorant, i say 10 out of 10

Overwhelming dislike - based on 19 Critics

1. Reviewed by: William Thomas
    Mar 12, 2012
    Even with The Exorcist in the world, there is still scope for a contemporary, shocking and thrilling film to be made on the subject of possession. But this is not it: some found footage should really just stay lost.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Jan 13, 2012
    The Devil Inside manages not only to scrape the barrel's bottom but to drill a hole in said bottom and funnel deeper into the scum.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Jan 11, 2012
    The Devil Inside offers proof, if any were needed, that demons run rampant in Hollywood, possessing otherwise intelligent and creative people to make absolutely shitty "gotcha!" mockumonstrosities like this one.