The Devil Wears Prada

7.4

1. MarkS.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Beautifully shot, and a great performance by Streep, but this movie is predictible tripe. And I'm shocked that not a single critic even noticed that Hathaway is playing essentially the same part as her roles in the two "Princess Diary" movies.
  2. NeilK.
    Jul 3, 2006
    Wow... what a long dull waste of time. Yes, if you're fan of fashion and/or Paris... you will most likely enjoy this film. If your girlfriend or boyfriend MAKES you go to this film, make sure you are repaid well.
  3. VictoriaD.
    Aug 1, 2006
    The obsession on weight in this film is disgusting. While some jokes are funny. Some moments in this movie caused me physical pain, and left me wondering how much I'd offend my friends if I walked out and left them there.
  4. CameronJ.
    Jul 18, 2006
    This movie failed to transcend to people uninterested in fashion, and failed to satisfy the eye-candy requirements of someone interested in fashion. The movie was a bad fashion movie, rather than a good movie that happens to take place in the fashion industry. The movie relied on brandnames to interest me for the whole length of the movie. Needless to say, it didn't work.
  5. RuwaniH.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Stupid chick flick about stupid fashion.
  6. NathanW.
    Jul 26, 2006
    There's nothing that worthwhile (or funny) in this vapid film geared to people who watch project runway. It's barely even passes for a movie about fashion with a plot runs predictably to a predictable end.
  7. Jun 3, 2011
    Overrated, terrible, boring. I do not know how this got 'generally favourable reviews' I bet the people reviewed this positive despise shows like White Chicks. Basically if you call this show 'perfect' you are boring and I suggest something worth your term because seeing this film in the Cinema was a waste of my life.
  8. Aug 19, 2012
    The film felt like i was watching an ABC show on a wednesday night. A typical chick flick with a little taste of fashion. the movie seem to go way off course in the final 30 minutes. Didn't laugh once in this film. disgraceful.
  9. Dec 6, 2012
    I got stuck viewing this at a family get together. OMG what torment it is to watch this movie. It is the story about how a girl is hired by a women who is a MEGA B*TCH to everyone she comes into contact with. Nope, it's not even a funny comedy in which case that plot might be enjoyable, it's a drama! If you are some freak of nature who likes MEGA B*TCHES or perhaps you yourself are a MEGAI got stuck viewing this at a family get together. OMG what torment it is to watch this movie. It is the story about how a girl is hired by a women who is a MEGA B*TCH to everyone she comes into contact with. Nope, it's not even a funny comedy in which case that plot might be enjoyable, it's a drama! If you are some freak of nature who likes MEGA B*TCHES or perhaps you yourself are a MEGA B*TCH then you'll love this movie! For everyone else, watching this movie will be less enjoyable than punching yourself in the face repeatedly. (+2/10 instead of 0/10 because I don't think I'm the target audience for this movie lol) Expand

1. The story is glossy junk begat of just-plain junk anyway: Lauren Weisberger, who wrote the hiss-and-tell roman à clef best-seller on which the picture is based, was herself an assistant to Wintour.
  2. Takes place in the world of haute couture. And that pretty much sums up the movie. Otherwise, it would be just another Queen of Mean, boss from hell movie. But, oh, what delicious fun Meryl Streep and her conspirators have with that world.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Streep single-handedly elevates this sitcomy but tolerably entertaining adaptation of Lauren Weisberger's bestselling 2003 roman a clef about a personal assistant's year of chic hell under the thumb of the dragon lady of the fashion world.