7.5

1. Jun 3, 2011
    Overrated, terrible, boring. I do not know how this got 'generally favourable reviews' I bet the people reviewed this positive despise shows like White Chicks. Basically if you call this show 'perfect' you are boring and I suggest something worth your term because seeing this film in the Cinema was a waste of my life.
  2. Aug 19, 2012
    The film felt like i was watching an ABC show on a wednesday night. A typical chick flick with a little taste of fashion. the movie seem to go way off course in the final 30 minutes. Didn't laugh once in this film. disgraceful.
  3. Dec 6, 2012
    I got stuck viewing this at a family get together. OMG what torment it is to watch this movie. It is the story about how a girl is hired by a women who is a MEGA B*TCH to everyone she comes into contact with. Nope, it's not even a funny comedy in which case that plot might be enjoyable, it's a drama! If you are some freak of nature who likes MEGA B*TCHES or perhaps you yourself are a MEGA B*TCH then you'll love this movie! For everyone else, watching this movie will be less enjoyable than punching yourself in the face repeatedly. (+2/10 instead of 0/10 because I don't think I'm the target audience for this movie lol) Expand

1. The story is glossy junk begat of just-plain junk anyway: Lauren Weisberger, who wrote the hiss-and-tell roman à clef best-seller on which the picture is based, was herself an assistant to Wintour.
  2. Takes place in the world of haute couture. And that pretty much sums up the movie. Otherwise, it would be just another Queen of Mean, boss from hell movie. But, oh, what delicious fun Meryl Streep and her conspirators have with that world.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Streep single-handedly elevates this sitcomy but tolerably entertaining adaptation of Lauren Weisberger's bestselling 2003 roman a clef about a personal assistant's year of chic hell under the thumb of the dragon lady of the fashion world.