Herrick Entertainment | Release Date: July 29, 2011
7.4
Generally favorable reviews based on 75 Ratings
WATCH NOW
nahemasmithAug 8, 2011
I saw The Devil's Double at the Sundance Film festival back in January. I didn't really know anything about the story, but there was such a buzz about it at the festival I thought, why not? that's what festivals are for, watching movies youI saw The Devil's Double at the Sundance Film festival back in January. I didn't really know anything about the story, but there was such a buzz about it at the festival I thought, why not? that's what festivals are for, watching movies you might not normally see. I wasn't sorry that I did, from the first scene until the last I was gripped, I found myself laughing at times when normally you wouldn't, but that was the great thing about it, it was a roller-coaster ride. A gangster movie set in Baghdad in the 80's, the fact that it's based on a true story doesn't really hit you until you walk out, and you completely believe that the lead Dominic Cooper is two different people. Fantastic. Even more fantastic is the fact that the guy who the movie is about Latif Yahia is still alive! I've seen some people rate this movie with one or two stars, nonsense, 11 out of 10 it's great! But don't believe me, spend a few dollars and make up your own mind, you won't be sorry, I certainly wasn't. Expand
zmeranAug 8, 2011
I started loving this film within the first few seconds. This film has many redeeming features and I personally found it very enjoyable. Director Lee Tamahori brings a lot of the key Oscar-winning players of the Slumdog team back for this newI started loving this film within the first few seconds. This film has many redeeming features and I personally found it very enjoyable. Director Lee Tamahori brings a lot of the key Oscar-winning players of the Slumdog team back for this new film. Latif / Dominic Cooper The human connection element was most fascinating, as we wonder what we would do if placed in a similar situation ??? We are really "with" Latif on his journey, as we see him discover a reason to live and how his life perspective changes, not just how to get free from Uday Saddam. The Devil's Double, does not simply prove the point that humans will do whatever it takes to survive in dire circumstances. In fact, I might argue 9 of 10 people wouldn't do what Latif Yahia (Dominic Cooper) does in this film. The Devil's Double, A Definite must-see 10/10 stars. Expand
SObraienAug 8, 2011
After the slew of Iraq movies, all of them from the American soldiers perspective (Green Zone, The Hurt Locker, Three Kings) I found the subject matter of this film to be a refreshing change. What most people know or remember of Gulf war one,After the slew of Iraq movies, all of them from the American soldiers perspective (Green Zone, The Hurt Locker, Three Kings) I found the subject matter of this film to be a refreshing change. What most people know or remember of Gulf war one, is completely overshadowed by Gulf war Two/ Iraqi Freedom. So to be able to go back in time and get a glimpse of Baghdad in it's hey day was a remarkable break from "Victory movies", this is the only movie about Iraq to date as seen from an Iraqi viewpoint. Yes, it's violent (not necessarily moreso than Saw, Texas chainsaw massacre et al) but then since it is a portrayal of events in a real persons life would you want it any other way? Dominic Cooper is just fantastic, he inhabits both characters flawlessly and for the most part you genuinely believe that he is two people.

As for the excess, obscenity, gratuitous violence and material wealth that some other reviewers have complained about, well, that was Bagdad in the '80's, does it have to be dressed up in Military Fatigues screaming "U.S.A" to be a good movie? If you liked Scarface, if you want an action packed ride, if you love depth of colour and sound in your movie. If you want to see great acting from Dominic Cooper, then this is the movie for you.

When you go see it, ask yourself, what would you have done in the same situation as the main character Latif Yahia? Could you have survived, because, unless you hadn't heard it is based on a true story.

Watch and Enjoy, I have watched it twice and want to watch it again because each time I watch it I can't believe it's over, I want more! Stories like this don't come around everyday. Unless of course you want to watch another Hurt Locker, it may have won a lot of Oscars but The Devil's Double deserves more.
TjackAug 8, 2011
Funky Americanese martial arts period piece.Liberal Democrat Cooper stamps his trademark well & truly.Things progress along nicely with a standard plot line.Camera-work is a bit dodgy but who cares.The fight sequences are masterfully turnedFunky Americanese martial arts period piece.Liberal Democrat Cooper stamps his trademark well & truly.Things progress along nicely with a standard plot line.Camera-work is a bit dodgy but who cares.The fight sequences are masterfully turned out.Definitely worth a look if you like this genre. This movie has enough blood and action to maintain the viewer's interest though because of its technical shortcomings can be hard to follow at times visually. Lots of dark sequences contributing to the general mayhem with a hokey soundtrack. The dialog is somewhat stilted,but who cares,this is ultimate fun to watch. Cooper has a long track record for promoting wickedly masterful Liberal Democracy ,one can only equate the fight sequences with high ballet. This is liberal fare but still serves up the usual dollop of action. Expand
maclindaAug 8, 2011
I will go to see it again in the cinema.
I will go to see it again in the cinema.
I was lucky enough to see this movie the day it opened, great acting by Dominic Cooper! And the supporting cast were strong also, Munem Hammed played by Raad Rawi was powerful but subtle in his portrayal of Latif Yahia's trainer, a "good man in a bad job" as the film puts it. I thought that Philip Quast really looked the part of Saddam, probably the best one I have seen to date, amazingly he looks absolutely nothing like that in reality and has a fantastic career on Stage with a huge following, but then that is the magic of movies isn't it? I loved the whole look of the movie itself and the sound track was full of great '80's hits, plus I have to give Wardrobe a big thumbs up for the shiny suits and OTT dresses, I had forgotten how big and bold everything was then. I think that there will be a lot of talk about this movie, people saying it should have gone further or stuck rigidly to the facts and others saying it has too much, it's a personal thing I suppose. One thing I will say is that I enjoyed it thoroughly, it hit all the right marks for me, if I wanted accurate information on Iraq I'd watch the History channel, this is a movie, even the guy (Latif Yahia) whose life story it's based on has said "hey, it's a movie", but don't let that fool you into thinking you can walk away from it without having to think about the reality of that situation and what you or I would have done in the Double's place. You won't get away that easy! I enjoyed it immensely, I will go to see it again in the cinema with other friends and or family and I know that when it comes out on DVD it's going in my Favourite section! Hope this helps!
NYNEWSAug 8, 2011
Saw this movie at Sundance, very dark and disturbing. Dominic Cooper is amazing playing both roles, portraying Uday Hussein as an Iraqi Tony Montana with Boratesque moments. Lee Tamahori does a fantastic job directing this film, the tortureSaw this movie at Sundance, very dark and disturbing. Dominic Cooper is amazing playing both roles, portraying Uday Hussein as an Iraqi Tony Montana with Boratesque moments. Lee Tamahori does a fantastic job directing this film, the torture scenes are enough to give you nightmares. This movie is not for the weak of heart (or stomach) but bring home the incredible brutality that has occured in Iraq. Realize the movie is loosely based on Uday Hussein and it does not follow exact events, but the point of Udays sadistic and violent reign in Iraq is brought to a new level. I am looking forward to seeing it again! Expand
hellenAug 8, 2011
Excellent movie exposing you to the corrupt and psycopathic world of Uday Hussein, Saddam's eldest son. After this movie, I immediately came home and starting reading all I could about Uday and his crazy world. Also, Dominic Cooper does anExcellent movie exposing you to the corrupt and psycopathic world of Uday Hussein, Saddam's eldest son. After this movie, I immediately came home and starting reading all I could about Uday and his crazy world. Also, Dominic Cooper does an outstanding job playing both roles as Uday and Latif Yahia, the body double for Uday. HIghly recommended!! 10/10 Expand
NameraltikritiAug 8, 2011
Just got a chance to see The Devil's Double, great movie! As the first of it's kind I think that they did well, being Iraqi myself ( I left in the early 90's) I find it quite accurate, I can tell it wasn't actually filmed in Baghdad but thenJust got a chance to see The Devil's Double, great movie! As the first of it's kind I think that they did well, being Iraqi myself ( I left in the early 90's) I find it quite accurate, I can tell it wasn't actually filmed in Baghdad but then who really wants to go there!?
For so long I've listened to critics here in the US saying the movie is too flashy or over the top but I lived in Baghdad during that time, believe me we were more O.T.T than that!
Iraq in the '80's had everything you could want, night clubs, bars, the best hotels in the world, Sheraton, Le Meridien etc, think of Dubai now, that was Baghdad then.
Anyway, I was an officer in a special unit in the palace. So I saw a lot of stuff, it was an open secret that Uday had a double, just like President Saddam Hussein. It makes me laugh when there's controversy after 20 years about whether Latif Yahia's story is true or not, I wonder who they're asking for an opinion, some guy who left Iraq when he was three and has never been to the middle-east let alone Iraq! Or worse still the men who Uday used to call 'friends', it's of no importance really, Iraq as we knew it is gone, President Saddam is dead.
Watch and enjoy, historically accurate or not it's one hell of a ride!
Oh yeah, if you've ever watched any interview of the real Latif Yahia, that's what Uday sounded like, not as squeaky as they make him out to be in the movie. To capture Uday's brutality they would have had to dial it up a notch or twelve, I had the displeasure of seeing him in action in reality. We had a job to do, pretending we weren't there.
Does it glorify Uday, I don't know, I think that's for each person to decide. Am I proud of Latif Yahia for bringing his story to the world, absolutely. Because for each person that tries to rubbish him there are twenty Iraqis who will defend him, he stood up against the regime and in the end he's the winner.
MBCAug 8, 2011
Oscar nomination, Arabic Scarface.

jackenolenAug 8, 2011
If you like scarface then you will enjoy this.. if you don't...well don't go then as you will be grossed out to say the least..TOP MOVIE 11 out of 10 it's great! But don't believe me.
jackieallanAug 8, 2011
Highly recommended! I saw this movie not realizing that both leads were being played by one amazing actor!!! Dominic Cooper was exactly that: amazing. And deserving of an Oscar nomination when the time comes for handing them out.
I can still
I can still remember the news of Uday's and Qusai's deaths back in 2003, but that meant little to me at that time. At least now i know.
NYCfilmAug 8, 2011
The Untold Story, Saddam Hussein was not the only one in his family with a body double; his son, Uday Hussein had one as well. This is the story behind that double, and his name is Latif Yahia. This is definitely not a film to miss when it isThe Untold Story, Saddam Hussein was not the only one in his family with a body double; his son, Uday Hussein had one as well. This is the story behind that double, and his name is Latif Yahia. This is definitely not a film to miss when it is released.10/10********** Expand
MarcDoyleAug 2, 2011
This is one of those rare films that truly lived up to my expectations. Dominic Cooper is phenomenal in the dual lead roles. I'm so glad that the filmmakers decided not to water down Uday's depravity. They pull no punches. It is certainly oneThis is one of those rare films that truly lived up to my expectations. Dominic Cooper is phenomenal in the dual lead roles. I'm so glad that the filmmakers decided not to water down Uday's depravity. They pull no punches. It is certainly one of the most brutal and gory true stories I've ever seen. Everything you've heard about the guy - it's in the film. I'm glad it sheds some additional true light on that family and what they put that poor country through for all of those years. Humiliation, torture, depravity. Word of warning - people walked out of the film early on because of the violence, but there were smiles on the faces of those who made it to the end.â Expand
austenkarlAug 9, 2011
Cinema Gold! Just look at the poster!

The Devil's Double starring Dominic Cooper in a Bravura performance, playing both leads, he is astounding. Never for a moment do you think he is the same person, prosthetics and camera work aside he
Cinema Gold! Just look at the poster!

Never for a moment do you think he is the same person, prosthetics and camera work aside he draws two very distinctive character's and then a third as he portrays the double imitating the Devil! Incredible!
In case you have been holed up somewhere and know nothing of the story behind the movie, here goes. Latif Yahia (Cooper) is an Iraqi army officer taken from the front line during the Iran-Iraq war, he is brought to one of the palaces in Baghdad to meet an old schoolmate Uday Hussein (also Cooper) son of the president Saddam Hussein. In those times of war and uprising Uday needs a 'fidai' or bullet catcher, someone who he can send in when there is a threat to his safety or if he just doesn't feel like doing it himself.
Uday offers Latif the job, but Latif declines politely and I won't spoil the rest.
Based on the true story of Latif Yahia and his best selling book of the same name,the Devil's Double sticks pretty much with the book apart from some scenes where Lee Tamahori the director took some poetic license. Don't expect it to be hugely political, it's not. Don't expect it to be historically accurate either, it's kinda there but the producers and director have said that they purposely didn't go down that road because they didn't want historians nit picking. Maybe they should have because from other reviews I have seen they're nit picking anyway!
The Devil's Double is a great action packed thriller of a movie with fantastic performances from not one but two actors playing 'Doubles' Philip Quast (Saddam Hussein) also plays Saddam's Double Faoz Al-Emiri ( I think I got that right) and although you don't see too much of him you know instantly who he is when he's onscreen!
I liked it, a lot actually and I will be seeing it again and probably again, for all the controversy that has been kicked up I think it's going to be one of those movies that has lasting power and gains more and more credit as time goes on. Remember 'Scarface' wasn't such a big hit when it came out first, it was only over time that it garnered the Iconic status that it has now.
Watch it, make up your own mind, the price of the ticket won't break the bank and you won't have to take out a second mortgage! But in Entertainment value it's cinema gold! Just look at the poster!
IRISHNEWSAug 21, 2011
Action, adventure, humor, passion, nudity, violence... this movie has it all! I knew this movie is worth watching after I saw the trailer. I do not regret at all that I went to see it. It is so different from the typical movies that you canAction, adventure, humor, passion, nudity, violence... this movie has it all! I knew this movie is worth watching after I saw the trailer. I do not regret at all that I went to see it. It is so different from the typical movies that you can watch at the movie theaters all over the country. I personally love foreign movies and I think they should be made available for the public in all theaters in this country. But..back to The Devil's Double. Dominick Cooper plays double roles and I think he did an excellent job showing us, the viewers, two different men: one is insane, crazy, and violent and another is passionate, kind (in a way), and honest. This movie keeps you interested from the first second it started to the very end! I recommend it to the public who likes such movies, because for some folks this movie may be a little too much to handle. Well, go and see it yourselves and .. enjoy!!! Expand
IRISHTVNEWSAug 24, 2011
Saw this movie today at Berlinale and was pleasantly surprised that as I walked out of it thought to myself that it's been a really long time since I saw a decent movie like this. Before I looked Uday/Latif up on the internet I had doubtsSaw this movie today at Berlinale and was pleasantly surprised that as I walked out of it thought to myself that it's been a really long time since I saw a decent movie like this. Before I looked Uday/Latif up on the internet I had doubts about how close the plot was to reality, turned out to be quite interesting showing that, well everything in the movie has (kind of) happened. Makes it disturbing to know on a different level, TOP film 10/10 ********** Expand
jackyobrienAug 29, 2011
I saw this movie not realizing that both leads were being played by one amazing actor!!! Dominic Cooper was exactly that: amazing. And deserving of an Oscar nomination when the time comes for handing them out. My film club was fortunateI saw this movie not realizing that both leads were being played by one amazing actor!!! Dominic Cooper was exactly that: amazing. And deserving of an Oscar nomination when the time comes for handing them out. My film club was fortunate enough to have an interview with DC via Skype and found him to be as charming as he is talented.

Some seem to find fault with this film because it reminds them of Scarface. I don't get that at all. Perhaps they mean that at times it is operatic, over the top, but it is, after all, a biopic about a crazy man, and to me anyway, the parts of the film that deal with the double offset the high drama perfectly. Highly recommended!
BrendanVaughnAug 3, 2011
Super dark. Hard to get through at times. Depravitous without redemption. Totally destructive and monstrous. Really successfully explores the true madness of Uday Hussein. Its like Caligula meets Tony Montana meets. Really well doneSuper dark. Hard to get through at times. Depravitous without redemption. Totally destructive and monstrous. Really successfully explores the true madness of Uday Hussein. Its like Caligula meets Tony Montana meets. Really well done fun and wicked film. It kind of makes you feel not so bad about the destruction of the Iraqi ruling elite and family. Not very historically accurate but a pretty sensual and hypnotically surreal journey that ends with one questioning: WHY?! Dominic Cooper is amazing. And actually all the acting is pretty superb. Expand
KathlineRossSep 21, 2011
I have never had such a roller coaster ride while watching a movie
before, The Devil's Double had me sitting at the edge of my seat or
hiding behind my hands. I wasn't aware of the story before I saw the trailer, but since I went to see it I
I have never had such a roller coaster ride while watching a movie
before, The Devil's Double had me sitting at the edge of my seat or
hiding behind my hands. I wasn't aware of the story before I saw the
trailer, but since I went to see it I have "googled" the guy who's
story it is based on Latif Yahia. Wow, I don't know how true to his
story they kept it, but no matter, what a lot to go through! Wow, I
mean, torture all the other stuff that he had to see, hear and watch.
Don't let it put you off going, yes, it can be strong but the acting
and everything else are just class! Definitely the movie of the year so
far, can't believe that the guy who played Latif and Uday (British
actor Dominic Cooper) is also in Captain America. He's fantastic, I
really thought it was two guys or twins or something, there's a bit of
love interest for the girlies, plus the actress is hot! Go see it, it's
definitely worth it..
helennolenOct 1, 2011
Three are three very good reasons to go to see The Devil's Double, firstly Dominic Cooper, outstanding in his dual roles as the good guy (Latif Yahia) and the bad guy (Uday Saddam Hussein). Based on the true story of how Latif Yahia wasThree are three very good reasons to go to see The Devil's Double, firstly Dominic Cooper, outstanding in his dual roles as the good guy (Latif Yahia) and the bad guy (Uday Saddam Hussein). Based on the true story of how Latif Yahia was forced to become Uday's body double or bullet-catcher, it's riveting stuff.
Secondly, it just looks incredible, it's hard to describe, seemingly it's a low budget movie but it certainly doesn't look like it is. I've seen some articles where the journalist has said it's a "Hollywood" production, so it seems even they have been fooled by the lush looks of it!
Thirdly, it has a really strong supporting cast, I'm not familiar with any of them but I couldn't say that I thought anyone didn't give their fullest to the movie. Having watched a few other Iraq films, I would have to say that The Devil's Double has the best Saddam I've seen yet, the actor, Philip Quast really looks and acts the part, it's incredible.
I give it my highest recommendations, if you want a movie that's not all fluff and has a great story and strong acting go see it.
AmandaMcauliffOct 11, 2011
KristieBakerOct 12, 2011
The Devil's Double, is a film about a man forced to become someone else to stop or save his boss from assasination attempts or boring assignments. The boss is son of Dicator Saddam Hussein, Uday Hussein. I really liked the movie, it was fastThe Devil's Double, is a film about a man forced to become someone else to stop or save his boss from assasination attempts or boring assignments. The boss is son of Dicator Saddam Hussein, Uday Hussein. I really liked the movie, it was fast and flashy with great music and brilliant acting, the lead actor is Dominic Cooper, he plays both Uday Hussein and his body double Latif Yahia, his portrayal of Uday in particualr is just amazing! He can go from zero to maniac in two seconds! It's well worth watching, I saw it at the Rio Film Festival, I really want to bring my friends to see it with me, it's the kind of movie you can watch over and over again. I give it 10/10 with a bullet!  Expand
alcioneferrazOct 14, 2011
The Devil's Double is showing here at the Rio film Festival, Festival do Rio, there are many excelente movies showing but this one stands out for me. Here in Brasil we are on the other side of the world from the problems of the Middle-East,The Devil's Double is showing here at the Rio film Festival, Festival do Rio, there are many excelente movies showing but this one stands out for me. Here in Brasil we are on the other side of the world from the problems of the Middle-East, so although we hear of these things, this is the first time we have been shown what really went on. I think because we are hot blooded people maybe we understand the Arab world a bit better than the US for instance, but it is hard to believe that people can be plucked from their lives like that and made to become someone else by force, it sounds like something from the middle ages! A grandioso movie, Parabens! to all involved.
10/10**********
doRioTVOct 14, 2011
O que é um grande filme! Eu realmente gostei e acho que todos devem ir vê-lo. Dupla do Diabo/ The Devil's DoubleO que é um grande filme! Eu realmente gostei e acho que todos devem ir vê-lo. Dupla do Diabo/ The Devil's Double é sobre o homem ta forçado a ser o dobro para Uday o mal ditador Saddam Hussein,filho mais velho. Latif Yahia, um tenente do Exército durante a guerra Irã / Iraque é trazido para o palácio de Uday, em Bagdá e ofereceu um emprego que ele não pode recusar, ser "catcherbala" Uday ou assistir Uday estupro e tortura de sua família. Eles estão chamando-o deScarface da Arábia, muita ação, muita emoção e suspense, ótimo filme. Cinco estrelas de mim.
What a great movie! I really liked and I think everyone should go see it. Double the Devil / The Devil's Double is about man ta be forced to double for Uday evil dictator Saddam Hussein, the eldest son. Latif Yahia, an Army lieutenant during the Iran / Iraq is brought to the palace of Uday, in Baghdad and offered a job he can not refuse to be "catcherbala" Uday Uday or watch rape and torture of his family. They are calling it the Arabian deScarface, lots of action,emotion and suspense, great movie. Five stars from me.
CitizenCharlieAug 16, 2011
Uday Hussein was a monster. The world knew this before he was killed, but after seeing The Devilâ
sarhavassalloOct 17, 2011
I saw this man, Latif Yahia on the tv's the last show, I thought that it was a facinating story and couldn't beleive what Latif Yahia had gone through as his life as double for Uday Hussein. It is hard to believe that there is so muchI saw this man, Latif Yahia on the tv's the last show, I thought that it was a facinating story and couldn't beleive what Latif Yahia had gone through as his life as double for Uday Hussein. It is hard to believe that there is so much brutality in this world, I heard that the movie had opened in Belgium and went to see it in my nearest cinema. It was brilliant, I found it moving and soemtimes hard to take. The acting was superb and I also so proud that it was produced by a Belgian company in association with another company from the Netherlands. I have heard rumours that the lead actor Dominic Cooper who played both the parts of Latif Yahia and Uday Hussein may be nominated for an Academy award, that would be amazing!  go see it, I don't know how much longer it will be in the cinemas here, catch it while you can. Expand
nikkihagmanOct 18, 2011
The Devil's Double has just opened here in Malta to great acclaim, not only because it was filmed here but because of it's great story and outstanding performances by Dominic Cooper, Philip Quast, french actress Ludivine Sagnier and reallyThe Devil's Double has just opened here in Malta to great acclaim, not only because it was filmed here but because of it's great story and outstanding performances by Dominic Cooper, Philip Quast, french actress Ludivine Sagnier and really the whole cast, everyone really pulls together to make this one of the best movies that I have seen in a long time. Yes, I am a little biased because it was made in Malta but no one could have pulled the Uday/Latif performances off like Dominic Cooper has, that guy is Oscar worthy. I want to pay a special tribute to my fellow countrymen/women who played a part in this movie, well done, I know a lot of people who were extras or worked on hair, make-up, tailoring etc, well done guys everything looks great, but of course it wouldn't be the movie that it is without the direction of the great Mr. Lee Tamahori. Stunning movie, visually beautiful, hard, gripping and somewhat difficult to take at times, The Devils' Double is most definitely worth seeing. Expand
CNBCOct 20, 2011
While driving through the city I was slapped in the face by a huge poster of a golden guy sitting in a throne holding two AK 47s. WOW. If the movie was as good as the poster it was a must see as far as I was concerned. The movie in questionWhile driving through the city I was slapped in the face by a huge poster of a golden guy sitting in a throne holding two AK 47s. WOW. If the movie was as good as the poster it was a must see as far as I was concerned. The movie in question was The Devil's double, the story of an Iraqi army lieutenant forced to become the body double or bullet catcher for Saddam Husseins eldest son and heir apparent Uday saddam Hussein. I was hooked! The movie reminds me of Scarface with this sort of golden glow, full of action, anger and atrocity it's definitely a big screen movie and really looks like a Hollywoood blockbuster. Both of the main roles are played by an English actor called Dominic Cooper with French actress Ludivine Sagnier as love interest to both Latif and Uday, notable roles include Philip Quast as Saddam Hussein, Mimoun Oaissa as Ali one of Uday's henchmen, Raad Rawi as Munem Hammed Latif's trainer, Mem Ferda as Saddam's best friend and food taster Kamel Hannah, great work all round and great direction from Lee Tamahori who brings his action background to great force here. It's pretty well rounded, great story even though not historically accurate, great acting, directing, cinematography and production design. Where did they find those '80s shiny suits??? I want one!! Oh and a Porsche too!! Expand
TokyochuchuMay 11, 2013
The Devil's Double is a fun romp through extremely depraved territory. Uday Hussein is a terrible monster for sure, but his story makes for an undeniably entertaining watch. Dominic Cooper is spectacular in his duel roles as hero and villain.The Devil's Double is a fun romp through extremely depraved territory. Uday Hussein is a terrible monster for sure, but his story makes for an undeniably entertaining watch. Dominic Cooper is spectacular in his duel roles as hero and villain. The Devil's Double is a good movie, weakened only by the lack of a decent conclusion and lack of an overall message... save Uday Hussein was evil, of course. Expand
RTLOct 21, 2011
From America without love.

From America without love.

Don't let the title of this review fool you, I have love for the movie The Devil's Double so much love that I had to drive to another city to watch it! My lack of love is for the idiots who were supposedly distributing it! After the big hype, the great poster and advertising why, oh why, did they make it so hard to find in a cinema? I've been following Latif Yahia's story for years and have been waiting and waiting for this movie to be finally made and released and finally when it has, you can't get to watch it?! What's going on?  I know that Latif Yahia can be viewed by some people as a controversial figure but if there's a movie made about his life story, it's the "toast" of Sundance and invokes a "bidding war" between two big time distributors you'd think that they would at least release it to enough cinemas that you could easily go at see it! If not then why bother in the first place? Just to piss the other company off?? Come on guys, you're supposed to be the edgy, no fear company, what happened?
Stars5Oct 25, 2011
I am a huge IMDb fan, I quite possibly have too much time on my hands! But, ya' know how it goes, you're looking at one movie which brings you to the next, etc. etc. Which is how I found myself here on The Devil's Double page, I haven't seenI am a huge IMDb fan, I quite possibly have too much time on my hands! But, ya' know how it goes, you're looking at one movie which brings you to the next, etc. etc. Which is how I found myself here on The Devil's Double page, I haven't seen the movie, just the promo stuff, trailers etc, anything online. What I'm writing about here after reading through all of the reviews is the fact that no matter how many people actually read the reviews and "liked" them, there's always on average 9 who didn't "like" or "find useful". Being a kind of Geek, yeah, I'll admit to it! The laws of probability of that happening naturally are huge! So what I'm saying is that one person or 9 people, came along and decided it didn't matter what anyone wrote about the movie, they just weren't going to "like" or "find it useful"
Hey, I respect everyone's right to have an opinion, I'm just expressing mine! Ya'know it's one thing writing a review and stating your reasons for liking or not any movie, but it's kinda cowardly just clicking anonymously don't ya think??  It's like someone came along and looked at the title poster or looked at the cast names, scrolled down the reviews and just went, nah, don't like you, nah, don't like your name, nah, you're from where? nah, don't like the look of that guy, etc.
Grow up!
AlvaradoKTAFeb 5, 2012
If you're a guy, this is a movie you should watch. The story's great, which kind sucks cause it's based on a true story. Dominic Cooper does a great job portraying both of the characters. And although it's no Scarface, its just as violent andIf you're a guy, this is a movie you should watch. The story's great, which kind sucks cause it's based on a true story. Dominic Cooper does a great job portraying both of the characters. And although it's no Scarface, its just as violent and disturbing. Expand
Redman_07May 1, 2014
i don´t remember how i came up with this movie, just sit back and watched it together with my brother....

had no expectations....also didn´t know dominic cooper before... i also didn´t know he is playing 2 parts in the movie, what a

had no expectations....also didn´t know dominic cooper before...

i also didn´t know he is playing 2 parts in the movie, what a great performance!!!

The movie was really good, showed the brutal and "i don´t give a f***" lifestyle of a tyrant....a spoiled kid playing "god" and on the other side the poor little man, who is driven into this role, for his family he is accepting his new role and trying to to deal with it....still, latif has so much charisma, in a terrible way...thanks to dominic cooper!
i can recommend this movie very much!
MrBlackTronJul 28, 2014
Araplarda çok yaygın olarak kullanılan devlet adamlarına ve yakınlarına dublör kullanılmasını anlatan film.

Saddam Huseyin'in oğlu Uday'ı ve dublörünü konu alıyor, başrolde Dominic Cooper resmen döktürüyor. İki karakter arasında gidiş gelişler her ikisinin de ayrı ayrı olan özelliklerini çok iyi vurguluyor.

İzlediğim en ilginç ve dikkat çekici filmlerden mutlaka izlenmeli.
audreythomas25Mar 1, 2016
Cooper's dual performance is near-brilliant.

Watch this here http://www.watchfree.to/watch-1ea705-The-Devils-Double-movie-online-free-putlocker.html