The Dictator

6.3

1. Aug 29, 2012
    Pretty funny film after seeing Bruno which was so ungodly wierd and bad . I found myself laughing alot start to finish through this film . pretty much every thing about the film is rediculas but its what helps make it so funny . Cohen you can tell is having fun with this role and as usaul doesnt hold back from saying any nutty thing he wants to ... but hey as long as its funny . There arePretty funny film after seeing Bruno which was so ungodly wierd and bad . I found myself laughing alot start to finish through this film . pretty much every thing about the film is rediculas but its what helps make it so funny . Cohen you can tell is having fun with this role and as usaul doesnt hold back from saying any nutty thing he wants to ... but hey as long as its funny . There are also alot of cameos from alot of differnt celebritys in the film but Cohen is the Star and every funny line is his . Expand
  2. Jun 1, 2012
    With Borat it was so shockingly funny you just could not help but piss yourself with laughter, but in Bruno the formulae was stretched thin and the gay jokes just didn't hit the funny bone. The Dictator falls neatly between the two, trading huge piss your pants laughs for steady giggles and the occasional belter. Certainly one of the funniest movies we'll see this year, but not a classicWith Borat it was so shockingly funny you just could not help but piss yourself with laughter, but in Bruno the formulae was stretched thin and the gay jokes just didn't hit the funny bone. The Dictator falls neatly between the two, trading huge piss your pants laughs for steady giggles and the occasional belter. Certainly one of the funniest movies we'll see this year, but not a classic by any means but the chance to see Sasha Baren Cohen do what he does best and offend as many as people as possible is impossible to miss. Expand
  3. May 20, 2012
    Very funny and a good job by SBC/Aladeen. There were no truly dull parts of the movie. Always funny, no dull parts, an unpredictable ending. The movie was a little too short though. Much better than Bruno, but worse than Borat. If you like a good comedy, see this movie.
  4. May 20, 2012
    Great movie with somewhat great message in the end. Some people may get offended of the racist jokes but overall a truly entertaining movie. Well thought out comedy and awesome actors. Go watch it and be entertained.
  5. May 20, 2012
    Haha, all people beneath me are hating the movie... I liked it very much tough, just laughing, not the best plot ever, but i can live with that!! not every movie can be the green mile or something. and of course its stupid sometimes, but Sacha Baron Cohen's face makes a lot good.
  6. May 21, 2012
    In my opinion, this was just as funny as Borat. Maybe even better. I loved 'The Dictator'. As well as hilariously crude humour, the plot was a great one with great actors, great lines and great...greatness. I was quite sad at the fact it was only 83 minutes as some scenes felt a bit uncompleted and lacking in some more dialogue which could have helped to boost the rating up even more.In my opinion, this was just as funny as Borat. Maybe even better. I loved 'The Dictator'. As well as hilariously crude humour, the plot was a great one with great actors, great lines and great...greatness. I was quite sad at the fact it was only 83 minutes as some scenes felt a bit uncompleted and lacking in some more dialogue which could have helped to boost the rating up even more.
    However, this is definitely the funniest film I have seen all year, in my opinion. Bravo to Sasha Baron Cohen and his character of General Aladeen for giving me an incredibly fun and hilarious 83 minutes.
  7. May 22, 2012
    Waaaaay funnier than the other garbage that's out there currently passing for comedy cinema. Don't listen to the humorless nay-sayers. This film is well worth a look.
  8. May 24, 2012
    I wasn't expecting much from this movie but it blew me away. It was really funny and worth the money to see it. I didnt like Borat or Bruno but really loved this.
  9. May 18, 2012
    A new movie of Sacha Baron Cohen, I don't be fan of Sacha, I hate he, but I need say that this movie is really funny, have great and funny moments that do this film one of the most entertaining movies of the year.
  10. May 19, 2012
    Either you get Sascha Baron Cohen, or you don't! This is him at his best! Or worst! Depending on which camp you reside. There are those fence post riding nanby panbies, who just loved Borat, but just don't get the other films? Wankers! Borat was not just some happy little accident made by an over the top wannabe! It was a piece of a large puzzle, given to you by the worlds next CharlieEither you get Sascha Baron Cohen, or you don't! This is him at his best! Or worst! Depending on which camp you reside. There are those fence post riding nanby panbies, who just loved Borat, but just don't get the other films? Wankers! Borat was not just some happy little accident made by an over the top wannabe! It was a piece of a large puzzle, given to you by the worlds next Charlie Chaplin. Like it! Don't like it, Baron Cohen led you to the choice. But ultimately it's up to your brain to understand. As with all his work, I thought it very mind openingly funny! Expand
  11. May 17, 2012
    Like every other Sasha Baron Cohen movie, the Dictator is intended for a mature yet good humored audience. I don't blame the several critics who walked out of the theater, but I feel as though the first half did not do the movie justice at all. In order to enjoy the Dictator you need to be able to relax and laugh, and not take everything so seriously. There were several moments where ILike every other Sasha Baron Cohen movie, the Dictator is intended for a mature yet good humored audience. I don't blame the several critics who walked out of the theater, but I feel as though the first half did not do the movie justice at all. In order to enjoy the Dictator you need to be able to relax and laugh, and not take everything so seriously. There were several moments where I found myself overwhelmed with laughter. Overall the Dictator was a good movie, not as good as Borat, not as messed up as Bruno but good enough to deserve an 8. Expand
  12. May 31, 2012
    I went into this film expecting about 3 or 4 funny scenes, but I was pleasantly surprised in every way. This is Sacha Baron Cohen's best film in my opinion. It is very similar to Borat, but the context is so much more meaningful and parodic of politics and recent events in international affairs.The whole concept of the movie and its execution aren't flawless, but the constant humour andI went into this film expecting about 3 or 4 funny scenes, but I was pleasantly surprised in every way. This is Sacha Baron Cohen's best film in my opinion. It is very similar to Borat, but the context is so much more meaningful and parodic of politics and recent events in international affairs.The whole concept of the movie and its execution aren't flawless, but the constant humour and jokey style make this a worthy film. And don't be discouraged by the 83 minute run time. It actually feels much longer, and is packed with some original scenes. It's not a professionally made film, as evident by its relatively small budget, but it is definitely worth watching for a good laugh. Expand
  13. Jun 17, 2012
    This Dictator is simply funny! it's really random and unexpected with really funny jokes. The movie is kind of short so it doesn't bore like many other movies, and unexpectedly there's an idea behind the movie and it's kind of political. If you want to see a movie that doesn't require anything but some sense of humor you will love this.
  14. May 19, 2012
    I loved the movie, it had its laugh out loud moments. The script is great, lots of fun, a little bit of politics, and great jokes by SBC. I highy recommend it!
  15. May 26, 2012
    Brilliant , its as good as borat if not better , the trailer and reviews really don't do it justice. Brilliant progression of constant hilarity.All the best bits are offensive so aren't in the trailer.
  16. Jul 26, 2012
    Awsome movie, laughed like 1/3 of the movie. Loved it, i guess that many people find it offensive but cmon, its only jokes. Jews stop dislikeing it!!!!!!!!!
  17. May 16, 2012
    It is one of Sasha Baron Cohen's film and his first scripted. Funny, but cliche. Decent comedy and worth the price of admission. Even the Anchorman 2 teaser was worth the admission...
  18. May 19, 2012
    What a wonderfully funny movie. Warning, if you are offended by vulgar humor, this movie may not be for you; but most of the rest of us will be laughing whole-heartedly.
    So many cute gags, an awful lot of clever writing.
    Loud laughter came from all directions around me, all throughout the movie.
  19. May 18, 2012
    i have not laughed like this for a long time, the movie was hilarious and definitely not for everyone, if you have a crude sense of humour and its very un pc
  20. May 18, 2012
    One of the funnier movies I've seen in a while. It really picks up steam around the halfway mark. You will probably be offended if you identify with crunchy hipster puss1es who live in park slope and williamsburg but that's what made it funny for me. Definitely not pc and definitely worth seeing.
  21. May 25, 2012
    It was a really good movie, though it was a little shot on laughs and no quite as funny as I thought but no where near as outrages or hilarious as unscripted Borat, Cohen has produced another hearty film dealing with sterotypes. Though the magic of Borat didn't work for the dictator its still a funny movie with great moments.
  22. May 23, 2012
    I did not expect this movie to be good. I expected this movie to be mediocre at best, as many of these slap-stick comedies are just too stupid and immature. I was, however, very pleasantly surprised to find that the movie was pretty hysterical, IF you don't take it seriously. The jokes are not sophisticated and the humor is simple... but IT WORKS. This movie doesn't take itselfI did not expect this movie to be good. I expected this movie to be mediocre at best, as many of these slap-stick comedies are just too stupid and immature. I was, however, very pleasantly surprised to find that the movie was pretty hysterical, IF you don't take it seriously. The jokes are not sophisticated and the humor is simple... but IT WORKS. This movie doesn't take itself seriously and neither should you. The movie gets off to a slow start but gets funnier farther along. I found myself chuckling through the majority of the movie, and laughing out loud (loudly) several times. Most negative reviewers are comparing this movie to Borat, claiming Borat to be the far superior movie. However, this movie IS NOT Borat. This movie is simply a very well done "leave your brain at the door" comedy (which are hard to come by these days) and contains plenty of laughs, as long as you do not go in expecting to be blown away. Definitely worth 10 dollars. Expand
  23. Aug 28, 2012
    Excellent film. Film of the year for me so far, Many laughs were had, Thanks SBC for another great film. Actor of the decade. Very creative and original, could watch it again and again.
  24. May 19, 2012
    I will start off by saying I do enjoy Sacha Baron Cohen and find him very funny even thought I thought Bruno was weak and Ali G was better as a show or short clips I had seen the reviews on this site about people leaving the cinema early and thought may be the same again. But this ended up being the funniest film I have seen this year the whole cinema was in fits of laughter as well. SomeI will start off by saying I do enjoy Sacha Baron Cohen and find him very funny even thought I thought Bruno was weak and Ali G was better as a show or short clips I had seen the reviews on this site about people leaving the cinema early and thought may be the same again. But this ended up being the funniest film I have seen this year the whole cinema was in fits of laughter as well. Some stuff I can see people being offended by but that's the risk you take with his movie's but all in all this is up there with Borat very funny movie a must see. Expand
  25. May 19, 2012
    Angels: Sacha Baron Cohen-funny, original, gross, satirical, brilliant...what can I say. Actually, I wanted to stop here Angels, but the site would not let me.

Play you harps beautifully Angels.
  26. May 27, 2012
    When I saw the trailer for this movie I was amused but I thought it would be bad. A lot of the good jokes seemed to be in the trailer, one person said once the dictator lost his beard the movie would lose its touch, and when my brother came home he said that he did not like it that much. I went to see it and let me tell you it was funny. The Dictator proves that everyone has differentWhen I saw the trailer for this movie I was amused but I thought it would be bad. A lot of the good jokes seemed to be in the trailer, one person said once the dictator lost his beard the movie would lose its touch, and when my brother came home he said that he did not like it that much. I went to see it and let me tell you it was funny. The Dictator proves that everyone has different opinions some people get it and some people do not and I got most of it.

The Dictator is about dictator Al-Addeen, I think thatâ
  27. Jun 7, 2012
    I'm still a big fan of Sacha Baron Cohan, I think that The Dictator was a solid but good movie. Although Borat and Bruno were 2 of my favorite comedies from him, The Dictator wasn't quite match to his credit. But I saw the trailer during the Super Bowl. My favorite part is when they made fun of the Olympic Games, General Aladeen started to use a pistol and shoots every athlete in a track &I'm still a big fan of Sacha Baron Cohan, I think that The Dictator was a solid but good movie. Although Borat and Bruno were 2 of my favorite comedies from him, The Dictator wasn't quite match to his credit. But I saw the trailer during the Super Bowl. My favorite part is when they made fun of the Olympic Games, General Aladeen started to use a pistol and shoots every athlete in a track & field event, that takes balls. Whether you love Cohen or not, sometimes he may be controversial thanks to the Donald, but slapstick comedies are made to be really funny like the Jackass movies. Probably I'll see it next week or wait for a rental. The Dictator wasn't a disappointment, but trust me, actions speaks louder than words. Expand
  28. Aug 8, 2012
    I don't understand why everyone is bashing this movie-- it was great! I had a smile on my face through the whole movie. Another great piece from Sacha. Everyone knows that the movie "Borat" is an absolute legend, and I'd be even willing to say that this reaches easily it's level. Watching this movie made my day so much better. Obviously some are going to find it offensive, but as for me, II don't understand why everyone is bashing this movie-- it was great! I had a smile on my face through the whole movie. Another great piece from Sacha. Everyone knows that the movie "Borat" is an absolute legend, and I'd be even willing to say that this reaches easily it's level. Watching this movie made my day so much better. Obviously some are going to find it offensive, but as for me, I have a very dark sort of humor. If you loved Borat, you're going to love this one. If you didn't love Borat, you'll still love this one. Expand
  29. Jun 7, 2012
    Seemed to be a more cinematic approach to the dictator than his previous films, which felt a little odd at first, but the jokes are plentiful and hilarious! The film becomes instantly much more fun if you go to watch it with a group of friends, even though some of the scenes are a little 'awkward'. Sacha Baren Cohen still hasn't raised the bar above Borat yet, but after the disaster ofSeemed to be a more cinematic approach to the dictator than his previous films, which felt a little odd at first, but the jokes are plentiful and hilarious! The film becomes instantly much more fun if you go to watch it with a group of friends, even though some of the scenes are a little 'awkward'. Sacha Baren Cohen still hasn't raised the bar above Borat yet, but after the disaster of Bruno, this is a step in the right direction. Expand
  30. Oct 21, 2012
    One of the best comedies in years! Absolute brilliance, funny from start to end. Cohen is a genius. Looking forward to watching it a 2nd time.
  31. May 22, 2012
    Easily one of the best comedies I have seen in a long time. I have no idea why so many people hate on this movie. I have not laughed so hard since the first time I saw Ace Ventura. Another easy pick for my movie collection.
  32. May 28, 2012
    the start is a little weird and hard to understand but the rest is hilarious you will laugh until you cant laugh anymore you must see it. i loced ecery moement one of the best comedy movies to see
  33. Jun 2, 2012
    I Loved Borat
    I Was Cold On Bruno I Like The Dictator
    This Movie Still Does Not Have As Many Laughs As Borat But Still Is A Good Funny Movie!
  34. Jun 13, 2012
    Saw this with 3 buddies. All over 40 yo and under 50 yo. I'm declaring that if you're outside of this gender or age range, you'll probably miss many of the jokes or satire (under 35), or find them tedious (any female or anyone over 50). Unfortunately, not much of a marketing range. my demographic doesn't go out to see many movies with others of our type. That said, we belly laughedSaw this with 3 buddies. All over 40 yo and under 50 yo. I'm declaring that if you're outside of this gender or age range, you'll probably miss many of the jokes or satire (under 35), or find them tedious (any female or anyone over 50). Unfortunately, not much of a marketing range. my demographic doesn't go out to see many movies with others of our type. That said, we belly laughed a number of times and were generally entertained by the entire event. worth the 8 bucks. Expand
  35. Jun 4, 2012
    This is the funniest movie I have seen since "South Park: Bigger, Longer and uncut. It is the funniest live action movie I have seen since "Duck Soup" by the Marx Brothers. One thing though you have to make up your mind early on to just go with and you will laugh more than you have laughed at a movie in a long time.
  36. Jun 13, 2012
    Put away your insecurities about stereotypes and politically incorrect insensitivity, slap on a sense of humor and go laugh freely and unrestrained for once in your life. With slapstick hilarity and an almost adorable quantity of ignorant prejudice, this film is on par with Talladega Nights in terms of sitcom and satire. For those overcompensating, insecure and in-denial closet cases thatPut away your insecurities about stereotypes and politically incorrect insensitivity, slap on a sense of humor and go laugh freely and unrestrained for once in your life. With slapstick hilarity and an almost adorable quantity of ignorant prejudice, this film is on par with Talladega Nights in terms of sitcom and satire. For those overcompensating, insecure and in-denial closet cases that preferred Bruno and Borat (for certain parts found offensive to everyone else) more than his roles as Ali-G, or Julien from Madagascar, this films won't offer you much in the way of "certain" scenes, but for the rest of us The Dictator is both intelligent and political in its' dialogue and scenario. The level of maturity and complexity is well below average, which is pure genius since in this way it can be spoon-fed to the majority and still make an impact. Unfortunately, due to previous titles and their depictions it seems as though many movie goers are shying away from Sacha Baron Cohen's films and the ones left and still willing to pay the price of admission appear to be part of the "shockingly below average" category. If you are a normal, well-adjusted person that enjoys mainstream comedy, then The Dictator will not disappoint. Expand
  37. Aug 13, 2012
    A pretty funny movie with great one-liners. It is offensive to some degree though, so viewer bewre.
  38. Aug 15, 2012
    Excellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is back with one of the best comedy movie ever! Simply perfect. I love Aladeen! Excellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is back with one of the best comedy movie ever! Simply perfect. I love Aladeen! Excellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is back with one of the best comedy movie ever! Simply perfect. I love Aladeen! Excellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is backExcellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is back with one of the best comedy movie ever! Simply perfect. I love Aladeen! Excellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is back with one of the best comedy movie ever! Simply perfect. I love Aladeen! Excellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is back with one of the best comedy movie ever! Simply perfect. I love Aladeen! Excellent movie! Sacha Baron Cohen is back with one of the best comedy movie ever! Simply perfect. I love Aladeen! Expand
  39. Sep 1, 2012
    Very funny! I cant understand the hate this kept me soo entertained while watching
    No sad parts, No Bad guy parts, just plain funny and I couldent stop laughing
  40. Sep 24, 2012
    The last movie where I laughed so much was The Hangover. Different kind of movie, but very funny. A few parts were a little over the top and gross, but overall it very good. To me, Sasha's style is similar to that of the creators of Southpark, but somewhat more refined.
  41. Oct 1, 2012
    Really funny and entertaining. The movir comes out fully with its political satire of the oppression of the Middle East and its nervy relationship with the West. The adult humor is a bit extreme and children should probably not watch this movie but it's really funny overall.
  42. Oct 5, 2012
    The movie is very good, has all this black humor that I love and when you go to the movies, you know what you're gonna see. Shacha Baron Cohen is a hilarious actor.
  43. Oct 16, 2014
    another yet fantasic film if you like borat or burno this is for you its just funny and little dumb but very funny one liners that puts the cinema laughing its ass off and there is many already bought
  44. Sep 8, 2012
    The Dictator manages to be a good comedy but falters in the most important aspect of a comedy, the humor. There are plenty of hilarious moments that will have you laughing out loud, but there are also a lot of moments where he humor is predictable, been done before in other comedies (and better there), or just so gross you actually gag instead of laughing. It takes a lot for humor toThe Dictator manages to be a good comedy but falters in the most important aspect of a comedy, the humor. There are plenty of hilarious moments that will have you laughing out loud, but there are also a lot of moments where he humor is predictable, been done before in other comedies (and better there), or just so gross you actually gag instead of laughing. It takes a lot for humor to actually gross me out, and this movie actually did that a lot, but still I did laugh and, for the most part, enjoyed myself. So if your looking for a good comedy and don't mind some absolutely disgusting and at times dry or flat humor this is worth a rental, but know there are tons of better comedies out there. Expand
  45. Nov 13, 2012
    Sasha Baron Coen is like marmite for me in every film he shoots, you either love him or hate him! I skipped Bruno because i was not keen on Borat, and was going to give The Dictator a miss too....I am glad i didn't. One of the funniest films i have seen in a long time. I doubt i would watch it again but for a one off rental this is a good choice.
  46. Oct 22, 2013
    Behind all the crude, obscene and derogatory content that makes up the still hilarious film that is 'The Dictator', it directly pokes fun at democratic governments around the world, becoming a perfect political satire while also playing on the funny bones, Sacha Baron Cohen proves to be original in his content, while also pulling no punches at who gets caught in the firing line. This isBehind all the crude, obscene and derogatory content that makes up the still hilarious film that is 'The Dictator', it directly pokes fun at democratic governments around the world, becoming a perfect political satire while also playing on the funny bones, Sacha Baron Cohen proves to be original in his content, while also pulling no punches at who gets caught in the firing line. This is the first scripted film Cohen has created, it falls a fluid story compared to the equally as hilarious but cringeworthy 'Borat' and 'Bruno', yet when I went to see the film, the cinema was in complete uproar, all in a good way of course, it certainly pushes boundaries but addresses the dark and black comedy that people seem to relate to today, its short and snappy at 89 minutes long, but feels just the right about of funny. Cohen plays the role of Admiral General Aladeen of Wadiya, he acts like we assume a dictator would, big palace, plenty of worshipping followers and a flamboyant lifestyle of sex encounters with celebrities, this set up includes a small role for Megan Fox, which is hysterical as we are then shown his wall of conquests, males included. But his life is always in danger, not only because of his regime and his slimy right hand man Tahir (Ben Kingsley), but he plays judge. jury and executioner (or so he thinks) as he will uses his power to dispose of any man who deceives him, yet this even comes down to a nuclear warhead not being pointy enough. When his visit to America ends i na betrayal of trust, he is thrust into the streets of New York unknown, as his iconic beard has been removed, he finds a radical anti-Aladeen health store run by Zoey (Anna Faris), unaware of his real identity, she lets him into her life. Faris has really let herself be the subject of many puns and putdowns throughout the film, growing real armpit hair and even being called a "chubby Justin Bieber". Its full of direct attacks at everything involving the American Dream, and a particular scene in a helicopter with two tourists perfectly capture the mindset of an often paranoid nation, but probably for good reason. Its full of crude yet delicious humour that just gets funnier as the film goes on, it seems to play out as a regular "error of their ways" film, but then throws it all back in your face to keep us interested, Kingsley is an unlikely delight alongside Cohen, while Faris continues to have excellent comic timing for all the right moments. This is a comedy not for the faint-hearted, but political satire for all to enjoy, offensive but perhaps a little close to home. Expand
  47. May 20, 2013
    Some of the jokes hit really low. But the production value is high, and the political satire is both sharp and meanwhile feels relaxed enough to qualify as 'casual entertainment'. If you're interested in the subject, there's enough juice in there for it to be a worthwhile pop cultural diversion.
  48. Aug 30, 2012
    It was a really rough start but about 30-40 mins into the movie, It gets really damn hilarious and ends on a high note. Definently worth watching imo. I liked it.
  49. Jun 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It may seem pretty obvious but the point of making a Comedy movie is to make people laugh, nothing more. Depending on your religious views, your ethnicity or even your sexuality, you may find this film very offensive but seeing the name 'Sacha Baron Cohen' within the opening credits is surely a warning of that. The laughs begin right from the get go but in some places, particularly towards the end of the movie, the comedy halts which begins to make the movie slightly boring. The storyline of the movie is pretty lame and the acting isn't particularly brilliant but despite this The Dictator is very funny and well worth the money if you fancy cheering up...just as long as you are not easily offended. Expand
  50. Sep 12, 2012
    Funny Movie. Not as funny as the first half of Borat, but that movie lost its way badly in the second half. This is more consistent throughout, (although still funnier at the beginning). Its also a surprise to see a regular mainstream kinda movie from cohen, rather than the episodic feel of his other films. Its most similar in structure to Ali G in da house. Cohen cleverly makes fun ofFunny Movie. Not as funny as the first half of Borat, but that movie lost its way badly in the second half. This is more consistent throughout, (although still funnier at the beginning). Its also a surprise to see a regular mainstream kinda movie from cohen, rather than the episodic feel of his other films. Its most similar in structure to Ali G in da house. Cohen cleverly makes fun of every stereotype known to man, from the cliche'd way we in the west view dictators in the east, to vice versa, with sexism, racism, and just about every other 'ism' thrown in along the way. Probably not one to watch at a family gathering, but then not overly offensive either, its easily the funniest mainstream hollywood film for a long time. Expand
  51. Aug 19, 2012
    Even while very grim, bizarre and out of this world, The Dictator had me laughing throughout. To enjoy the film you had to be someone who can relax and not take everything so seriously, which some critics and reviewers simply cannot do. Not the best comedy film I have ever seen, but i'd say its definitely in my top 5.
  52. Aug 20, 2012
    I enjoyed it. Sure it's not a movie you remember, talk about for weeks, buy, rent, or keep when someone re-gifts it to you for Christmas, but it wasn't THAT deplorable as many seem to think.
    Personally I have nothing against bearded, middle eastern, murderous, penile-challenged dictators___so I may not be as biased as everyone who still remembers Osama Bin Laden and has fallen prey to the programming which thwarts their notions of the word «funny» when it comes to certain subjects or stereotypes.

Come on people... the jokes were OK.. get over Osama wait for it to be on Stars and watch it again.
  53. Jan 31, 2013
    I have just watched this film and I thought it was very funny, with all the racist and sexist comments although may want to consider watching this if sensitive to sexist or racist comments. One of the best films I have watched in 2012/13
  54. Feb 17, 2013
    Funny, Restless, Offensive and full of Banned Jokes about US The Dictator is killer funny. This is definitely not a documentary but its a good comedy. Sacha Baron Cohen nailed it as the role of Aladeen! But the parents won't be happy because this film is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. Larry Charles has made Bruno which was also inappropriate but for adults it's okay. And even though its 14A it'sFunny, Restless, Offensive and full of Banned Jokes about US The Dictator is killer funny. This is definitely not a documentary but its a good comedy. Sacha Baron Cohen nailed it as the role of Aladeen! But the parents won't be happy because this film is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE. Larry Charles has made Bruno which was also inappropriate but for adults it's okay. And even though its 14A it's very inappropriate. Well 7/10 for me! Expand
  55. Apr 11, 2013
    It's not profound, but for the first time in Baron Cohen movies, it has a plot. It's also the funniest movie of the year, and that was its target. If you want to laugh, go and see it!
  56. Jun 30, 2013
    such a comedy movie better some other comedies today lots of funny and memorable scenes if you have netflix or a dvd player watch it with your friends because its not a family movie but its still good
  57. Sep 19, 2013
    Haters can hate on Sacha Baren Cohen and this movie all they want, but they have to admit that at times, it is very funny.

Although sometimes being stupid, that doesn't take away from the humor. Cohn is the master of creating comical situations, and The Dictator is just that: an 83 minute compilation of comical scenes and sight gags. But, for what it is, that's all that's needed to make this movie funny.
  58. Dec 14, 2014
    The Dictator es una película de comedia negra que nos ofrece una historia de un lado más retórico (por así decirlo) y que nos da una buena dosis de diversión.

Esta película resulta entretenida y totalmente disfrutable, ya que logra formar unos buenos momentos de risa con algunas irregularidades que se pueden considerar atractivas e ingeniosas, además, contiene un guión con una buena carisma que le da a este largometraje un toque más animado (no en el sentido de películas de animación) y fluyente. Este film, en general, exagera algunos momento de la trama, y que, para suerte de esta película, esas exageraciones resultan eficaces y logran mantenerse en una buena atmósfera sin desembarcarse en un ángulo desfavorable., y, por tanto, le dan a este metraje más humor y lo hacen más variado.
  59. Mar 16, 2014
    Is one of best comedy of all time! What is wrong with you people?! Have you problems with your brains?????????????????????????????????????????????????

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 26, 2012
    The Dictator, like its predecessors, is short (eighty-three minutes), but it runs down fast, and the lewd jokes pile up. [28 May 2012, p. 76]
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    May 17, 2012
    Sacha Baron Cohen's tosses off some sensationally funny stuff before descending into a rat-a-tat rhythm of random insult and ritual vulgarity.
  3. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    May 17, 2012
    The conventional meet-cute love story at the center of The Dictator feels like a bizarre concession to some nonexistent demographic that prefers its sick black comedy with a side of humanist sentiment.